The Time and Sleep Discussion Thread

Kick back and relax by discussing anything unrelated to mafia at The Syndicate's Speakeasy.

Moderator: Community Team

If you could time travel to any three eras, what would they be?

Ancient: The Bronze Age (3600 BCE - 1000 BCE)
9%
Ancient: The Iron Age (1000 BCE - 500 CE)
No votes
Middle Ages: Early (500 CE - 900 CE)
No votes
Middle Ages: High (900 CE - 1300 CE)
No votes
Middle Ages: Late (1300 CE - 1500 CE)
No votes
The Renaissance (1500 CE - 1700 CE)
9%
Industrial Revolution (1750 CE - 1900 CE)
9%
1910s
No votes
1920s
No votes
1930s
18%
1940s
9%
1950s
No votes
1960s
No votes
1970s
9%
1980s
No votes
1990s
9%
Sometime within the past 15 years or the next 4 years (Why?)
No votes
2020 - 2049
9%
2050 - 2099
No votes
2100 - 2199
9%
2200 - 2299
No votes
2300 - 2399
No votes
2400 - 2499
No votes
2500 - 2999
9%
No votes
No votes
3031 - ????
No votes
Other (please state)
No votes

Total votes: 11
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 4
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Re: The Time and Sleep Discussion Thread

Post by bea »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:5-6 hours
MovingPictures07 (2), S~V~S (3), Silverwolf (4), Scotty (5), nijuukyugou (7), bea (14) 40%

7-8 hours
Epignosis (1), Sloonei (6), Golden (8), Vompatti (9), Bubbles (11), Metalmarsh89 (12) 40%

Judging by the reasons the "5-6 hours" voters provided, this looks like an obvious save attempt. All the late voters deserve to be looked at, and bea especially looks the scummiest for tying it up.

You always think I'm bad, but by my count only one of us that was a super baddie who killed a bright and noble civ and was a jerk about it by writing a post that was sure to make it known solely to that person who did the killing as it was a pm revealed story.

That reminds me. I owe a newt........
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

a2thezebra wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:Good grief all these early birds, how do you do it? Late evening for me. Primo chillin time.
There's just nothing like reading a book and having a chicken biscuit while watching the sun rise.
Truth. Even though I've learned to function in the morning, my favorite time is always between midnight and sunrise. It feels like *my* time .
Illyria
The Mark
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Illyria »

bea wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:Good grief all these early birds, how do you do it? Late evening for me. Primo chillin time.
There's just nothing like reading a book and having a chicken biscuit while watching the sun rise.
Truth. Even though I've learned to function in the morning, my favorite time is always between midnight and sunrise. It feels like *my* time .
Preach.

I am miserable as a 9-5er. I will do it, but all the agencies know that after hours is when I will say "yes" to a gig every time.

My thyroid and I are having a violent disagreement about how it should work. It has made my Insomnia reach a level that is crazy making. It now is taking about FOUR hours for me to go down. FOUR. I thought two was bad, but I was able to set a routine that really worked but now.... almost nothing except The Drugs work. I have muscle relaxers from the car accident last year, and one of those with two advil pm drop me like a ton of bricks. But it is almost not worth it as i am so groggy the next day because of it. :| :mad:

It has also changed HOW I sleep, I was suuuuuch a light sleeper before. Now I guess I am sleeping like regular people? I feel pretty great after I get up, but I now have to set three alarms to make sure I get up. This weekend I slept through an emergency call, and as the on call emergency coordinator over the weekends that is NOT. GOOD. I have the most obnoxious ring tones and voicemail sounds but noooooo. Riiiiight through the whole thing until it was way too late. :fist:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 5

Post by S~V~S »

When I was younger I used to be a night owl. I even had a night job. But over time, I started to find that no matter when I went to bed, my eyes just popped open & stayed open earlier & earlier as the years passed. Now the seem to have stabilized at 5:30 AM. So I get to see that sunrise too, most of the time. My circadian rhythm just kind of reset itself :shrug:

Gonna pick the Bronze Age ( I want to see those early inventions invented), the 1940's (<3 FDR, and my nation reinvented itself amidst war) and 100 years from now, long enough for "Wow what progress" but not long enough for "Are these still even people or what??".
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 5
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

bea wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:5-6 hours
MovingPictures07 (2), S~V~S (3), Silverwolf (4), Scotty (5), nijuukyugou (7), bea (14) 40%

7-8 hours
Epignosis (1), Sloonei (6), Golden (8), Vompatti (9), Bubbles (11), Metalmarsh89 (12) 40%

Judging by the reasons the "5-6 hours" voters provided, this looks like an obvious save attempt. All the late voters deserve to be looked at, and bea especially looks the scummiest for tying it up.

You always think I'm bad, but by my count only one of us that was a super baddie who killed a bright and noble civ and was a jerk about it by writing a post that was sure to make it known solely to that person who did the killing as it was a pm revealed story.

That reminds me. I owe a newt........
Teehee. :biggrin:

Yeah, I think you owe me one after that one. But heck, if we have the ability to write our own Night Posts, I wanted to take full advantage of it.

I can't remember, when was the last time you were mafia?

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Rocky and bullwinkle speed game. Full game? It's been a quick minute.

Return to “The Speakeasy”