Dr. Who Mafia - Night 12

Moderator: Community Team

24 Hour Days?

Poll ended at Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:47 pm

Yes
61%
No
No votes
Votes in this poll are non-changable! (host/non/mod/dead)
39%

Total votes: 18
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 181

Re: Dr. Who Mafia - Day 8

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Chris wrote:
Lucy Saxon: The wife/companion of Harold Saxon AKA The Master. Every night, she searches for him. If she finds him, they gain BTSC and her win condition becomes the same as that of The Master. If he dies before her, she inherits his kill, but none of his other abilities. If she finds him and he has been targeted by a night action, then her win condition changes to that of the civvies and she does not gain BTSC with him. But if he targets her for a nightkill, it will automatically be blocked.
What if MM never had BTSC with The Master?
His destiny was tied to The Master, until The Master was targeted at night. At that point, he would have continued to search for The Master, but if he happened to find the person with that role, then he would have become a vanilla civ.

Tl;dr: MM is an LMS role regardless of if he actually finds The Master or not.

The only way that changes is if the part you bolded occurs.
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 375

Post by Snow Dog »

Is keys always this offensive?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

I mean obnoxious really when I think about it. And no, Keeeeys....it wasn't obvious.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

Thank you BWT.

That clarifies things.

So reading back through MM's posts, he knew he had to find The Master, and he had a last man standing win condition.

Ok, so that means there probably won't be any posts from MM where we can notice a difference in attitude.

LC. Who do you think would be the best option for lynch tonight? A Cyberman? The Master? Or the mystery recruiter?

LINKI @ Snow: No, not always... I'll admit... it's odd. I'm having trouble buying his story lately as well.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Chris wrote:Thank you BWT.

That clarifies things.

So reading back through MM's posts, he knew he had to find The Master, and he had a last man standing win condition.

Ok, so that means there probably won't be any posts from MM where we can notice a difference in attitude.

LC. Who do you think would be the best option for lynch tonight? A Cyberman? The Master? Or the mystery recruiter?

LINKI @ Snow: No, not always... I'll admit... it's odd. I'm having trouble buying his story lately as well.
I already suggested that MM might have been recruited by someone other than the Master. I think it quite possible that the Master doesn't recruit her but just finds her.

If I knew who the Master was I'd go for him. Otherwise a recruiter and third a Cyber. But any baddie is fine.

So hedge will possibly get my vote.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
keys56000000000
The Mark
Posts in topic: 328

Post by keys56000000000 »

Snow Dog wrote:Is keys always this offensive?
Snow Dog wrote:I mean obnoxious really when I think about it. And no, Keeeeys....it wasn't obvious.
Is Snow Dog always such a passive-aggressive bitch? :haha:

Seriously, kid, idk what your problem is, but if you keep biting, I'll bite back. No confrontation.
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

I dunno Snow. You could be right. But her win conditions change based on whether or not she finds him.

if I understood BWT correctly,

- Lucy doesn't find The Master, her win condition is LMS. (Last Man Standing for those who are slow)
- Lucy does find The Master, and he hasn't been targeted by anyone, he win condition becomes his (they win together), and they get BTSC
- Lucy finds The Master, but he's been targeted by something already. They don't get BTSC, and he win condition becomes the same as the civvies

If that is right, I'd be tempted to say Lucy showing as "recruited" could indicate that she had found The Master, and her win condition had changed to his. But you could absolutely be right, and the "recruited" in the death post could be referring to the mystery recruiter, and not The Master at all.

I'd ask, but I'm not sure that's something the hosts will answer. I'm trying to think of a way to phrase it...

LINKI: Easy there fella... Remember, this is the interwebs. Inflection and tone are often mistaken for aggression and snark.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

keys56000000000 wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:I mean obnoxious really when I think about it. And no, Keeeeys....it wasn't obvious.

Seriously, kid, idk what your problem is, but if you keep biting, I'll bite back. No confrontation.
Just fuck off.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
keys56000000000
The Mark

Snow Dog wrote:
keys56000000000 wrote:

Just fuck off.
Idk what I did to set you off, and I'm a reasonable guy, but no. Fuck no. I'm playing this game till my role dies. And then I'm signing up for the next game. :haha:
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

keys56000000000 wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
keys56000000000 wrote:

Just fuck off.
Idk what I did to set you off, and I'm a reasonable guy, but no. Fuck no. I'm playing this game till my role dies. And then I'm signing up for the next game. :haha:
I won't be playing any games that you are signed up to.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
keys56000000000
The Mark

Snow Dog wrote:
keys56000000000 wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
keys56000000000 wrote:

Just fuck off.
Did I stumble into a sorority or what
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 58

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

Ok so I'm going out of town and won't get to the hotel till after the poll ends so I'm going to go ahead and vote hedgeowl because I think there is a good chance that that she was recruited Roxy or was recruited to the same team as Roxy.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

No Bass.

Hedgie is NOT the recruiter.
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

I agree with Snow Dog that MM was recruited, and that it wasn't The Master that recruited him. You can see a tie between Roxy and MM if you go back and read both of they're posts. Roxy and MM voted together for Epig. Hedgie was the last for for MM. If Hedgie was the recruiter, she just killed he recruited player.

Nope. Hedgie is not the recruiter.

But I'm pretty sure I've worked out who is.
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

*their

(I hate when I do that shit...)
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 204
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

I don't think Daisy was the fourth Dalek, I think MR was.Who do you think is the recruiter, Chris?
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

Why do you think MR was the unknown Dalek?

And before I give up any more info, I need to know what the thread's intentions are with this lynch. If I'm right, there are 2 Cybermen left. They have a kill EVERY NIGHT. They are dangerous. The recruiter, as far as I can tell, does not have a kill. (It died with Roxy) I have no idea who The Master is though, and he too, has a kill.

I think since the CyberMen have a kill, and a role that can't be nightkilled, it's more important to go after the CyberMen with a lynch.
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 158
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Please refrain from the name calling.etc. you are.both.awesome peeps having a.misunderstanding.walk away and cool.off.before.cranky host.has.to.punish from her.phone.whilst.at.work on a busy Saturday afternoonin pizza land.!!!!!
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

I should add, if Lucy (MM) did find The Master, then the recruiter knows who The Master is, and possibly has a kill again.

Just to make thinks more complicated.
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

Turnip Head wrote:I don't think Daisy was the fourth Dalek, I think MR was.Who do you think is the recruiter, Chris?
See TH, it's odd for you to say that you think that MR was the unknown Dalek. He was killed night 1. There's almost no tread evidence to lead you to that conclusion.

So I ask again, what makes you say that MR was the unknown Dalek?

Cuz with Daisy, I've got loads of thread evidence.

LOADS.

(I'm sick. I've been home all day. I've been up since 4 AM. I've been doing a LOT of thread reading)
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

MR being a Dalek is a hunch based on him being dead and the Daleks exterminated.

I don't think Daisy was bad because A) I just don't, that was my read of her, B) MP vouched for her, C) Roxy voted for Daisy at one point and tried to paint actions around her in a negative light a few times. Not something I expect teammates to do.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Re: Dr. Who Mafia! - Day 2

Post by Turnip Head »

Post from Roxy re: Daisy to back up my POV:
Roxy wrote:Wow wtf happened in here?

I am in a nyquil daze but let me see if I got this straight -
MP thinks daisy is bad, daisy thinks MP is bad.
Daisy has the better record of reading MP than he has of reading her.
What a sticky whicket.

I am going with Daisy only because SVS actually agreed with MP about Daisy. This has never happened before. VOTE DAISY
She is feeling cornered imo.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Why do you think there's only 2 Cybermen left? Who do you think the other 2 were?
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

Chris wrote:Why do you think MR was the unknown Dalek?

And before I give up any more info, I need to know what the thread's intentions are with this lynch. If I'm right, there are at least 2 Cybermen left. (I fear none are dead) They have a kill EVERY NIGHT. They are dangerous. The recruiter, as far as I can tell, does not have a kill. (It died with Roxy) I have no idea who The Master is though, and he too, has a kill.

I think since the CyberMen have a kill, and a role that can't be nightkilled, it's more important to go after the CyberMen with a lynch.
*fixed
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

keys56000000000 wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
keys56000000000 wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
keys56000000000 wrote:

Just fuck off.
I have no clue what that means.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

bea wrote:Please refrain from the name calling.etc. you are.both.awesome peeps having a.misunderstanding.walk away and cool.off.before.cranky host.has.to.punish from her.phone.whilst.at.work on a busy Saturday afternoonin pizza land.!!!!!
I am sorry. I will try not to interact with him
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

@Chris Oh okay, I'm with you. I think the Cybermen are at full strength atm. We should prioritize lynching one if we can, though it'd be neat to get rid of the Master or the mystery recruiter.
Chris
Tyrant

Re: Dr. Who Mafia! - Day 2

Post by Chris »

Turnip Head wrote:MR being a Dalek is a hunch based on him being dead and the Daleks exterminated.

I don't think Daisy was bad because A) I just don't, that was my read of her, B) MP vouched for her, C) Roxy voted for Daisy at one point and tried to paint actions around her in a negative light a few times. Not something I expect teammates to do.
Turnip Head wrote:Post from Roxy re: Daisy to back up my POV:
Roxy wrote:Wow wtf happened in here?

I am in a nyquil daze but let me see if I got this straight -
MP thinks daisy is bad, daisy thinks MP is bad.
Daisy has the better record of reading MP than he has of reading her.
What a sticky whicket.

I am going with Daisy only because SVS actually agreed with MP about Daisy. This has never happened before. VOTE DAISY
She is feeling cornered imo.
1st: No, Roxy did not vote for Daisy. She says she wanted to, but something didn't work right. In the end, she never voted for her.

2nd: That was on day 2. You know who had more votes, so Daisy wasn't at risk? Epig. You know who voted for Epig? Made, Rico & Daisy.

3rd:
Roxy wrote:After catching up I will not be voting Daisy today.

Read Snow and Idk what to think bc he is kinda playing a total wifom game but it feels somehow genuine if that makes any sense. Its been awhile since we've played together but I prob won't be voting for him today.

I know no one else is talking about Hedge but me but srsly her game so far has been one big ? to me. Rereading her posts did not make me feel any differently. I could absolutely vote Hedge.

Dana feels like she has in every game sweet and genuine. I don't think I have seen her bad but right now I just do not think she is bad.

DFaraday - if Daisy is telling it true and he is a Whovian then his votes do seem quite odd. MP think you have added insights when you do post tbh I did not see it. I feel you are playing an extra low key game and would like to hear more from you. I could vote for you today but I feel more strongly about Hedge.

So... TH...

:eye:
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

Shall I continue with the Daisy is the unknow Dalek thread evidence?

I told you, I've got LOADS of it.

Why is it important to you that Daisy not be the last Dalek, and MR is?
keys56000000000
The Mark

Snow Dog wrote:
keys56000000000 wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
keys56000000000 wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
keys56000000000 wrote:

Just fuck off.
I have no clue what that means.
It essentially means that, contrary to your username, you're a bit catty. :haha:

This is to you, Epig, anyone else who feels the same way: if you think I'm the sort of person who has his feelings hurt by petty, highschool-drama-esque emotional blackmail from people on the internet that he doesn't even know, you are very much mistaken and liable to be bitch-slapped. Leave me alone and you will be left alone.

Now, I'm going to get back to playing this game.
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

keys56000000000 wrote:Now, I'm going to get back to playing this game.
Can we please? :hug:

keys, what do you think about today's lynch? Should we go after CyberMen, the recruiter, or The Master?
keys56000000000
The Mark

Chris wrote:keys, what do you think about today's lynch? Should we go after CyberMen, the recruiter, or The Master?
You say that like we really have a choice, like you're casually looking at the menu, asking if we should have the chicken or the fish. :haha:

I think we should go after the most suspicious targets and hope for the best. Honestly, I don't know whom to suspect. I've been distracted, thinking about how not to put MP in any more danger, how to save your ass, and lately, yeah. I'll get back to work on a target.
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

Humor me.

Let's pretend we have a choice.

Who do you think we should go after with tonight's lynch?
keys56000000000
The Mark

We don't really know what the recruiter's deal is, whether they're bad guys or whether us civs can win with them. Because of that element, I think it better to aim for the Cybermen and The Master. The Master, if he's not the recruiter, is on his own now, unless those other secret roles ??? were similarly linked to him. Let's assume they don't. So then The Master is on his own, as opposed to there being a team out there. A team imo is more dangerous. So it stands to reason that we should aim for the Cybermen.

Know any Cybermen? :haha:
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

Well, I really believe Epig and Sabie are Cybermen for starters...
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Chris wrote:Shall I continue with the Daisy is the unknow Dalek thread evidence?

I told you, I've got LOADS of it.

Why is it important to you that Daisy not be the last Dalek, and MR is?
It is not important to me at all. I offered a differing opinion and you asked me to elaborate. You can think Daisy was the last, and I can think MR was, and it will probably have no effect on the game going forward.
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

Well that's not true TH. That's not true at all.

It has a lot of effect on the game through interactions, support or accusations, and voting record.

You know, the basics of mafia?

:eye: :eye:
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

But that team is dead so I don't understand why you're harping on it...
keys56000000000
The Mark

Chris wrote:Well, I really believe Epig and Sabie are Cybermen for starters...
You really believed MP was bad, too. Admittedly, I did lead you on with that, but it was for the greater good!

Whom did Epig sub in for? In my experience, mafioso don't often quit games, simply because, as we talked about before, there is way less concentration required being in a mafia team. Because of that reason alone, I lean away from Epig being bad.

Sabie as far as I can tell has been pretty quiet. She was quick to jump on the vote for yourself, that's pretty much all I can remember about her. Maybe look at her voting record.

I think it's worth looking at DFaraday. I can't put my finger on why, but he's on my radar.
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I disagree Keys. Being mafia is an even bigger commitment than being civvie because you have to keep up with your team's BTSC.

Epi2.0 replaced Canucklehead, who was also playing the Monty Python game at the time she was replaced.
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

I wouldn't call it harping. It's information.

Anyway, yes, they're dead. But Roxy was recruited, and was a member of that dead team.

What do we know about the recruiter TH? That he recruited 2 players, minimum. I think there are 1 or 2 more recruited players out there. What else?

NOTHING.

I'm looking into the Dalek team because Rozy was a Dalek and Roxy was recruited. It's all we've got to go on.

I think it's kind of important, don't you?

LINKI @ keys: Epig replaced Canuck. Canuck has bailed on games like this before.

Let me ask you this keys. At the end of Roxy's life in this game, she repeatedly went after Epig and Sabie. Why would she do that? She was recruited, with her teams kill. She had her recruiter's advice in this. Do you think she'd push for their lynch THAT hard, if there was a chance that they'd turn up civ? Do you think her recruiter would take that chance with his only kill (that we know of)?

I don't.

Besides that though, I gave thread evidence showing Epig and Sabie being tied together. That doesn't say anything?
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

I don't feel I have been "bitchslapped"? I feel i've had a conversation with a prick.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
keys56000000000
The Mark

Turnip Head wrote:I disagree Keys. Being mafia is an even bigger commitment than being civvie because you have to keep up with your team's BTSC.

Epi2.0 replaced Canucklehead, who was also playing the Monty Python game at the time she was replaced.
Maybe, TH, maybe. Canuck likes to participate and definitely wouldn't want to let down any teammates, so it stands to reason that she would probably sub out early, especially if she was involved with another game. It's definitely plausible that she was bad.

Chris, that could well be the case. I got the sense from Roxy that she just wanted him lynched for the heck of it, but yeah there might have been some btsc strategy to it.

linki: Snow Dog, address all further comments to the hand, k? thxbai :haha:
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

....and where was the blackmail? :shrug:
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

Snow Dog wrote:I don't feel I have been "bitchslapped"? I feel i've had a conversation with a prick.
Oh dear GOD! Which one of you two are going to be the bigger man, and let the other one have the last word??

For fucks sake!
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Chris wrote:I'm looking into the Dalek team because Rozy was a Dalek and Roxy was recruited. It's all we've got to go on.

I think it's kind of important, don't you?
Hey man, if you're able to turn this into an actual suspicion raised against a living player, go for it. I just don't see where this is going to get you, looking at dead players on an extinct team. But if you come up with something I'll listen.

I do think it's worth looking into why Roxy linked Epi and Sabie together. Rox was a baddie so she could have just been talking out of her ass. But maybe she knew something. Either way I find myself suspicious of Epi. Sabie to a lesser extent. I've never played with her before, don't really know what to expect, and don't have any evidence to tie her to a team since we haven't lynched a Cyber yet.

linki: Snowy just let it go man. I promise that you and Keys are both cool dudes. Just get back to playing the game :slick:
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

Sabie defended Epig. She never voted for him.

She seemed to have the excellent mafia ability to vote for Made days 2 & 3, and for Rico days 4 & 5.

Or she's on a team with a living role checker.

She made some odd votes, or remarks about votes.

Her whole entire game feels bad to me.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Lots of people voted for Made and Enrique. I'll reread her right now and see what I can find.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

This is asshattery isn't it.

On with the game (although the shine has gone off it now)
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

Turnip Head wrote:Lots of people voted for Made and Enrique. I'll reread her right now and see what I can find.
Tell me if anyone else voted for Made, Made, Rico, Rico. (2 teammate baddies, 4 days in a row)

If she's innocent in this all, I will forever regard her as the most baddass baddie hunter ever!

But if you'd like me to put together a case on Sabie, I will.

But I was thinking that we lynch Epig today.

Return to “Previous Jobs”