Death Note Mafia [END]

Moderator: Community Team

S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 198

Re: Death Note Mafia [NIGHT 1]

Post by S~V~S »

Turnip Head wrote:It's definitely unlike FZ to miss a lynch. I'm not sure what to make of it though. I don't suspect her much.

There could be something to the Z'rella case. I thought she was acting fishy re: Epi's vote.
In what way was it fishy?
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 1001
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

She put the responsibility for her own vote on Epi's shoulders. Her vote hinged on which way Epi voted, which to me feels manipulative.
Zombarella
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 302

Post by Zombarella »

Turnip Head wrote:It's definitely unlike FZ to miss a lynch. I'm not sure what to make of it though. I don't suspect her much.

There could be something to the Z'rella case. I thought she was acting fishy re: Epi's vote.
This sounds a little like a No U. I don't think it was fishy at all. I truly felt that Epi was trying to manipulate votes toward you (TH) or Russ but then didn't vote that way himself. Traditional Epi or not (of which I have no experience) that doesn't read civ. I probably shouldn't have laid down that ultimatum. But live and learn.

@DH - my comment to Boo about the possibility of baddies choosing to vote L/Light was sincere baddie hunting. I really do think that baddies would want to vote that way. I admit that I did latch on to Boo's logic because it was good logic.
Turnip Head wrote:I for one welcome our new zombie and llama overlords. May their reign be long, and may their cases always be on point.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Why does it sound like a NO U? I'm not accusing you because you accused me.

Why do you feel like Epi was trying to move votes toward me? I don't think he even mentioned me except at the start of the day when he called me boring.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 575

Post by thellama73 »

I think the FZ case is interesting. She stated she was thinking about voting for me and I hit her back hard. After that, she immediately backed off, which is not what I expected her to do. She's definitely someone I want to look at more going into Day 2.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Zombarella
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Zombarella »

Turnip Head wrote:Why does it sound like a NO U? I'm not accusing you because you accused me.
I said a little like a no U because I said that I was going to vote for you or Epi. Do you really think I'm bad?
Turnip Head wrote:Why do you feel like Epi was trying to move votes toward me? I don't think he even mentioned me except at the start of the day when he called me boring.
He didn't mention you but it was pretty clear that he disagreed with your suggestion that we should wait for 2 or 3 days to "be sure" (or whatever) about Russ.
Turnip Head wrote:I for one welcome our new zombie and llama overlords. May their reign be long, and may their cases always be on point.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I don't know if I think you're bad yet, but I can see the case that you might be.
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 179
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Welcome zeeky!!

Bye rox - I hope things get better for you. :hugs:

I voted to not modkill MM. He's fun to have around. :)

I think if epi were bad, he'd be more likely to be the yoshiwhateves group than a kira. That's about all I got on him.

I'd like to hear who fz would have voted for if she made it back to vote.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 822

Post by DharmaHelper »

See, the thing is I don't think Epignosis is a complete asshole. And for that reason I doubt he is a harmless Youtuber. I think this because we've all been having a very serious discussion about role hinting recently, and if you disagree that Epi's actions thusfar have been designed to hint very heavily at being a harmless Youtuber, we're gonna have words. :shrug:
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 126

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

Ok i'm back. Sorry for being away life is crazy right now, but not as crazy as this thread. lol
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 488
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:Ok i'm back. Sorry for being away life is crazy right now, but not as crazy as this thread. lol
:haha:
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

thellama73 wrote:I think the FZ case is interesting. She stated she was thinking about voting for me and I hit her back hard. After that, she immediately backed off, which is not what I expected her to do. She's definitely someone I want to look at more going into Day 2.
I agree with this I don't think I have ever seen her back off like that.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

I need to go back and read Epi and DH and see what that's all about. Oh, and also RIP Trice sorry man.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

I also voted. I really don't know where I stand on marmots. lol
Zombarella
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Zombarella »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:
thellama73 wrote:I think the FZ case is interesting. She stated she was thinking about voting for me and I hit her back hard. After that, she immediately backed off, which is not what I expected her to do. She's definitely someone I want to look at more going into Day 2.
I agree with this I don't think I have ever seen her back off like that.
She also backed off voting for me.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

DharmaHelper wrote:See, the thing is I don't think Epignosis is a complete asshole. And for that reason I doubt he is a harmless Youtuber. I think this because we've all been having a very serious discussion about role hinting recently, and if you disagree that Epi's actions thusfar have been designed to hint very heavily at being a harmless Youtuber, we're gonna have words. :shrug:
I think I get what you are saying? Because he has been heavly hinting to be a harmelss youwhatevermagiggie he can't possibly be that because he's not a complete asshole rght? (I note there is no comment on him being a partial asshole. :D )

Or are you saying you believe his heavy hintings about being a harmless youtubawhatchamacalit, but you don't believe they are harmless.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

There are roughly 4.5 hours remaining in Night 1.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

That said, I am open to ending Night 1 early if I receive all PMs ahead of time. So if you haven't yet PMed me your action, and you have one, then feel free to do so early and we'll get a little of an earlier start to Day 2! :)
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 719
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

bea wrote:Welcome zeeky!!

Bye rox - I hope things get better for you. :hugs:

I voted to not modkill MM. He's fun to have around. :)

I think if epi were bad, he'd be more likely to be the yoshiwhateves group than a kira. That's about all I got on him.

I'd like to hear who fz would have voted for if she made it back to vote.
Much appreciated. :hugs:

Let's not forget that Epi (or any Yotsuba member) could be both Yotsuba and a Kira, albeit the odds are low.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

bea wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:See, the thing is I don't think Epignosis is a complete asshole. And for that reason I doubt he is a harmless Youtuber. I think this because we've all been having a very serious discussion about role hinting recently, and if you disagree that Epi's actions thusfar have been designed to hint very heavily at being a harmless Youtuber, we're gonna have words. :shrug:
I think I get what you are saying? Because he has been heavily hinting to be a harmelss youwhatevermagiggie he can't possibly be that because he's not a complete asshole rght? (I note there is no comment on him being a partial asshole. :D )

Or are you saying you believe his heavy hintings about being a harmless youtubawhatchamacalit, but you don't believe they are harmless.

He obviously wants to push the idea that the majority of the Yotsuba are harmless. Now, the logical conclusion to draw from that is that he himself is a Yotsuba and is being heavy handed in trying to secure his safety in the game. As I said earlier, if we follow the logic that he is a Yotsuba, he's tipped his cohorts off so that they won't vote for him, and made it less likely that he will be lynched (because most people, if they follow his line of thought, will leave the 'harmless' Yotsuba for at best, endgame). The problem there is while pushing the Yotsuba as harmless benefits him by protecting him from Yotsuba kills and lynches, it does not protect him from Light kills, but rather the opposite.

See if you can stay with me on this, because it may be a bit of a stretch, but the thought occurred to me and I'm sort of stream-of-consciousness typing it out. The way a Death Note works is you need to know a persons real name and what they look like in order to use one to kill them. So if Epi really is a Yotsuba, being so incredibly heavy handed about it makes it much much easier for him to be night killed. Though this loses a bit of gas since Light's team does not need the Yotsuba dead to win.

So I guess what I'm saying is that no, I don't think Epi is a harmless Yotsuba because he (I don't think) would role hint so heavily if he were. His motives for doing so elude me, but if I had to guess I would peg him as the Yotsuba Kira or a member of Light's crew for the following reasons:

1) No detective in their right mind would openly push such a crap idea, knowing the suspicion it would bring them. Regardless of the NKing protection it affords from both Light and Yotsuba, it is far too sketchy a stance and would very likely result in his lynch.
2) If he is the Yotsuba Kira, it tips off his cohorts without directly pegging him as the Yotsuba Kira, which could prove fruitful
3) If he is anyone on Light's team, he conceals his real identity, protects himself from lynches by pretending to be a hapless Yotsuba, and protects himself from Yotsuba kills without any real consequence.

All this to say the bottom line is I'm convinced the Yotsuba thing is a ploy, and that no civvie would feel the need to come up with such a ploy.

ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

MovingPictures07 wrote:That said, I am open to ending Night 1 early if I receive all PMs ahead of time. So if you haven't yet PMed me your action, and you have one, then feel free to do so early and we'll get a little of an earlier start to Day 2! :)
End it early! I am ready!
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Ok DH - thanks! I see where you are coming from. :)
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 522

Post by FZ. »

Ricochet wrote:
FZ. wrote:This has never happened to me. I don't miss votes. Ever! But I had to leave yesterday to watch a movie with my husband and while I wanted to vote before, I couldn't make up my mind, so I decided to wait until after we finish watching, and I fell asleep in the middle of the movie. Now I might get punished and I didn't finish the movie I've been badly wanting to see (Grand Budapest hotel), and we have to return it. :(

Anyway, I see that you lynched Trice. I'm at work so I don't have time to read everything or check the voting poll, but if it was closely tied with someone else, I'm even more sorry for missing it.

I'll be back later
How can one possibly fall asleep during Grand Budapest Hotel? :disappoint: *votes FZ*

Who would you have voted for, if you would have returned?
I know :( That's what happens when you go to sleep at 2 am and wake up at 7 am four times a week.

I have no idea, and that's why I waited. I know some people are seeing me as a baddie because I'm kind of all over the place this game, but screw them. I'm allowed to hesitate, and this game is giving me a headache. Too much conversation.
As a player who came from another site where one day lasts 5 real days, and there's endless talk, it was refreshing to not have so much to catch up when I play here. I can't concentrate. That's why I like the speed games, because there are less players. I find it easier to find suspicious posts when they are not drowned in a sea of posts and arguments.

And now back to catching up. By the way, didn't Trice die? Did anyone resurrect him? I guess I'll find out
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Looking back Epi, you suspected FZ because of her absence as well, saying she is probably bad with SD. But FZ has since contributed quite a bit (though she did miss the lynch), and you never updated your suspicion to something current. If you did, then I can't find it.
I don't share your assessment of FZ. I think she has since posted a lot, but the content is not what I associate with good FZ. Good FZ. has a certain tenacity and assurance. She is a focused civilian, one that has proven dangerous to Mafia. I am not seeing that here.
We're definitely not on the same page. Whether or not it's constructive, FZ has contributed of late. Whether you think she's bad or good, you put her in a tough spot by suspecting her for 'being absent'. Same with Russ. Their continued absence will increase the suspicion of them. Also, if they do get around to talking, they'll be under the magnifying glass for being a previous target. It's a lose-lose situation for them.

Now, I do agree with your current observations of FZ. I also earlier missed this post on her, so your vote is more clear to me.

Now, if I may ask. Why do you think it is not foolish to vote someone on Day 1 who does not post on Day 1, but you still wanted to wait until Russ posted to vote for him?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

FZ. wrote: I have no idea, and that's why I waited. I know some people are seeing me as a baddie because I'm kind of all over the place this game, but screw them. I'm allowed to hesitate, and this game is giving me a headache. Too much conversation.
As a player who came from another site where one day lasts 5 real days, and there's endless talk, it was refreshing to not have so much to catch up when I play here. I can't concentrate. That's why I like the speed games, because there are less players. I find it easier to find suspicious posts when they are not drowned in a sea of posts and arguments.

And now back to catching up. By the way, didn't Trice die? Did anyone resurrect him? I guess I'll find out
STIFLING DISCUSSION!
:eye: :SVS: :eye: :SVS: :eye:

boo
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 267
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by boo »

FZ. wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
FZ. wrote:This has never happened to me. I don't miss votes. Ever! But I had to leave yesterday to watch a movie with my husband and while I wanted to vote before, I couldn't make up my mind, so I decided to wait until after we finish watching, and I fell asleep in the middle of the movie. Now I might get punished and I didn't finish the movie I've been badly wanting to see (Grand Budapest hotel), and we have to return it. :(

Anyway, I see that you lynched Trice. I'm at work so I don't have time to read everything or check the voting poll, but if it was closely tied with someone else, I'm even more sorry for missing it.

I'll be back later
How can one possibly fall asleep during Grand Budapest Hotel? :disappoint: *votes FZ*

I know :( That's what happens when you go to sleep at 2 am and wake up at 7 am four times a week.

I have no idea, and that's why I waited. I know some people are seeing me as a baddie because I'm kind of all over the place this game, but screw them. I'm allowed to hesitate, and this game is giving me a headache. Too much conversation.

You don't know who you would have vote for? What?
FZ. wrote:Dang, I need to go, and I don't think I'll be back before going to sleep. I don't feel comfortable voting for any of those with votes yet Zombarealla, if you're a civvie, I'm really sorry.

*votes zombarealla*
You were literally ready to vote for someone, in the space of about 20 minutes got talked out of it and didn't actually vote, and then missed the vote. Which you knew (it seems to me at least) was a possibility if you didn't vote at that time.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 198

Post by S~V~S »

Its interesting that FZ, an experienced player, uses that defense particularly regarding THIS thread, when wasn't that essentially her reason for suspecting Zomba? That she was uninvolved?
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 675

Post by Epignosis »

Ah, my favorite kind of DharmaHelper: Wrong.

I didn't hint. I corrected assumptions that make this game an impossible 12 civilians vs. 14 Mafia. It is 12 civilians vs. 4 Kira. I am less inclined to believe that someone is a detective who fails to grasp his or her own win condition or expands it to mean eliminating literally everybody else in the game.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Looking back Epi, you suspected FZ because of her absence as well, saying she is probably bad with SD. But FZ has since contributed quite a bit (though she did miss the lynch), and you never updated your suspicion to something current. If you did, then I can't find it.
I don't share your assessment of FZ. I think she has since posted a lot, but the content is not what I associate with good FZ. Good FZ. has a certain tenacity and assurance. She is a focused civilian, one that has proven dangerous to Mafia. I am not seeing that here.
We're definitely not on the same page. Whether or not it's constructive, FZ has contributed of late. Whether you think she's bad or good, you put her in a tough spot by suspecting her for 'being absent'. Same with Russ. Their continued absence will increase the suspicion of them. Also, if they do get around to talking, they'll be under the magnifying glass for being a previous target. It's a lose-lose situation for them.

Now, I do agree with your current observations of FZ. I also earlier missed this post on her, so your vote is more clear to me.

Now, if I may ask. Why do you think it is not foolish to vote someone on Day 1 who does not post on Day 1, but you still wanted to wait until Russ posted to vote for him?
Russ hasn't posted at all. Period. It's Night 1 and he still has not posted. This is unusual for him and something that warrants attention. I'm not sure if that answers your question. I suspect FZ. for entirely different reasons than I suspect Russ.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

boo wrote:
FZ. wrote:
Ricochet wrote:

I'll be back later

You don't know who you would have vote for? What?
FZ. wrote:Dang, I need to go, and I don't think I'll be back before going to sleep. I don't feel comfortable voting for any of those with votes yet Zombarealla, if you're a civvie, I'm really sorry.

*votes zombarealla*
You were literally ready to vote for someone, in the space of about 20 minutes got talked out of it and didn't actually vote, and then missed the vote. Which you knew (it seems to me at least) was a possibility if you didn't vote at that time.

ImageImage
ImageImage
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

S~V~S wrote:Its interesting that FZ, an experienced player, uses that defense particularly regarding THIS thread, when wasn't that essentially her reason for suspecting Zomba? That she was uninvolved?
"While I hate to vote for Zoombarella after the nice things she said about me, I've seen her play and she's not giving half of it this game. Yeah, she has another game, but this is getting closer to deadline and she's posted just enough to stay under the radar. In the other game she's more aggressive, and came charging into the game. I don't see any of it right now."

More or less.

And then Zomba came into the thread with perfect timing and FZ decided not to vote for her because of it so... a case of expecting someone to be on your time and play how you want them to, saying the lynch is nearly over when it still actually had about 3 hours, which is plenty of time for Zomba to have come back and participated more. The actual suspicion of not participating enough doesn't really ring true to me, especially for a player in their second game, which FZ knew.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I just have a hard time believing that MP would give a baddie a role that would be so easy to detect by not being able to post.

FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Since people seem to want to know who I would have voted for, even if I don't know, I'll give you some of my thoughts.

I started out thinking Aces was bad because how he had a tunnel vision regarding Trice, but his replies to me seemed more genuine when I asked about it. He's still up there on my list, and not because he voted for a civ, but because of the way he was so sure about it and didn't even bother looking at anyone else. So I'm keeping an eye.

With Snowman, I agree with Rico that the fact he found nothing to say was really fishy, and since it was freaking day 1, it was a better reason for me to vote for him than someone who I initially suspected but got a better feel of him later. So maybe him.

I think LC is flying way under the radar, but I don't know if it's because of RL or something else.

I have no idea what to say about Boo's vote for BWT. I need to go back and read it.
I don't know what to think about Epi and DH either. At least Dh is following his suspicions. Epi just talked forever about lynching Russ, and argued endlessly with DH, but ended up voting for me. Not sure exactly why.
And TH, not idea what's going on there. I can't see baddie TH just vote without trying to seem like he's building a case, but he's not really baddie hunting either, so not sure what to make of it.

And I was so impressed with Zombarella's aggressive first game, and the way she just jumped into the deep water, which had no connection to the type of the game, that when she seemed to be mellow, it made me very concerned. Then she came in, and I wanted to wait to see how she posts, hence why I didn't vote at that time, only to later fall asleep.

10 linkis: are you satisfied now?
And the deadline for me is when I go to sleep, not when it really is deadline. Excuse me for living on the other side of the world.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

thellama73 wrote:I just have a hard time believing that MP would give a baddie a role that would be so easy to detect by not being able to post.
Some light reading for you regarding what MP would do.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote:Ah, my favorite kind of DharmaHelper: Wrong.

I didn't hint. I corrected assumptions that make this game an impossible 12 civilians vs. 14 Mafia. It is 12 civilians vs. 4 Kira. I am less inclined to believe that someone is a detective who fails to grasp his or her own win condition or expands it to mean eliminating literally everybody else in the game.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

Russ hasn't posted at all. Period. It's Night 1 and he still has not posted. This is unusual for him and something that warrants attention. I'm not sure if that answers your question. I suspect FZ. for entirely different reasons than I suspect Russ.

Aight.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 542

Post by Ricochet »

thellama73 wrote:I just have a hard time believing that MP would give a baddie a role that would be so easy to detect by not being able to post.
That's what I said. No cookie for you, though.
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

People are also acting like that's somehow more likely because while he hasn't posted Russ still has had some activity. He voted in the D0 poll. He didn't vote D1. It's entirely possible (and imo a far better explanation) that he read none of the D0 discussion, came into the thread, figured it's D0 and he could treat it like a normal one (they've mostly become something people don't put any thought in and just use to establish that they got their role PM and are ready to play) and voted without posting and hasn't been back to the game since.

I'd still lynch him for it, because a non-participant is valueless, but people have a strange willingness to let that go here, apparently to the point where deciding that a role that isn't allowed to post at all somehow makes sense.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote:
I don't want to read all the roles. Is there a baddie role in there that cannot post on Day 1? How'd that turn out?

And if that is the case here, what makes you think that this role does not belong to a civvie? I've read your role suggestions for baddie roles, but haven't seen a civvie one.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

FZ. wrote:Since people seem to want to know who I would have voted for, even if I don't know, I'll give you some of my thoughts.

I started out thinking Aces was bad because how he had a tunnel vision regarding Trice, but his replies to me seemed more genuine when I asked about it. He's still up there on my list, and not because he voted for a civ, but because of the way he was so sure about it and didn't even bother looking at anyone else. So I'm keeping an eye.

With Snowman, I agree with Rico that the fact he found nothing to say was really fishy, and since it was freaking day 1, it was a better reason for me to vote for him than someone who I initially suspected but got a better feel of him later. So maybe him.

I think LC is flying way under the radar, but I don't know if it's because of RL or something else.

I have no idea what to say about Boo's vote for BWT. I need to go back and read it.
I don't know what to think about Epi and DH either. At least Dh is following his suspicions. Epi just talked forever about lynching Russ, and argued endlessly with DH, but ended up voting for me. Not sure exactly why.
And TH, not idea what's going on there. I can't see baddie TH just vote without trying to seem like he's building a case, but he's not really baddie hunting either, so not sure what to make of it.

And I was so impressed with Zombarella's aggressive first game, and the way she just jumped into the deep water, which had no connection to the type of the game, that when she seemed to be mellow, it made me very concerned. Then she came in, and I wanted to wait to see how she posts, hence why I didn't vote at that time, only to later fall asleep.

And the deadline for me is when I go to sleep, not when it really is deadline. Excuse me for living on the other side of the world.
Nope. That was some A grade throwing out names, but not only is the question of "who would you have voted for if you had voted" not one I really value when a missed voter answers it after the fact, you didn't even answer the question to satisfy people who can be satisfied by an answer to the question.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

For crying out loud, that's how I play. I accuse people and hear what they have to say, and then decide.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Epignosis wrote:
Once again, the anti-rampant-speculations Epignosis rampantly speculates.

Even so, just for the pure sake of argument, the only players who were unable to post there were victims of a baddie power, not owners of that power themselves.
DharmaHelper

Re: Death Note Mafia [DAY 1]

Post by DharmaHelper »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I am of the persuasion now that Russtifinko has a role that prevents him from posting, and probably not a good one. He voted. He is present. But he is not posting.

Although I am determined to spoil nothing more for myself (and fucking did anyway), I did a quick Google search: "Death Note" silence.

Interestingly enough, the twenty-fifth episode of Death Note is entitled "Silence." It centers on Rem and Misa.

So huh.
Epignosis wrote:Russ is where I'll likely be voting. He was here and answered all the interrogation room questions. That means there is a game-related reason he isn't posting here, and I cannot surmise a civilian explanation for that.
Epignosis wrote:With all the secrets involved, it would not surprise me that Russti has a role that requires his silence. That there is a Death Note Episode entitled "Silence" featuring Rem and Misa is a delicious coincidence.
Epignosis wrote:I don't understand the purpose this kind of speculating has. Damn near every role has secrets.

Major linkage? You are no good sir.

ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

boo wrote:
FZ. wrote:Since people seem to want to know who I would have voted for, even if I don't know, I'll give you some of my thoughts.

Nope. That was some A grade throwing out names, but not only is the question of "who would you have voted for if you had voted" not one I really value when a missed voter answers it after the fact, you didn't even answer the question to satisfy people who can be satisfied by an answer to the question.
I was being honest. Something a civvie does. Like I couldn't just give you a name that I used yesterday and told you that's probably where my vote would have gone. You people have a really weird way of baddie hunting.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

That's gonna be hard to fit in an avatar, DH.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

FZ. wrote:
For crying out loud, that's how I play. I accuse people and hear what they have to say, and then decide.
Why am I not on your list of "might have voted fors"?

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Ricochet wrote:That's gonna be hard to fit in an avatar, DH.
True dat.

ImageImage
ImageImage
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

I get what you are saying here and I agree with it llama.

I also agree with Epi that it's more than odd that Rusty isn't posting in here.

I just don't know if that makes him bad or what that makes him. *Something* is going on with Rusty, I just can't figure out what it is.

linki- also what MM said. Isn't there any civ role that could have that sort of description/secret

more linki- I'm always curious as to how missed voters would answer that. Dunno that it changes my mind, I just like to hear how their brains are working. So you are going with "IDK how I would have voted but here's my current thoughts on people" then FZ? I just want to make sure I'm reading the jist of it correctly.

more linki. posting anyway.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I agree with FZ, I think the arguments against her are trivial. It's only Night 1, I don't expect her to be decisive this early.
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

FZ. wrote:
boo wrote:

I was being honest. Something a civvie does. Like I couldn't just give you a name that I used yesterday and told you that's probably where my vote would have gone. You people have a really weird way of baddie hunting.
I don't you. Anyone can be honest with any alignment. Which is why I said answering the question after the fact isn't important to me, but it was the question you were asked, it was the question you were posting to answer, and it is a question you avoided. Civvies don't have to rely on avoiding answering straight-forward questions.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
I don't want to read all the roles. Is there a baddie role in there that cannot post on Day 1? How'd that turn out?

And if that is the case here, what makes you think that this role does not belong to a civvie? I've read your role suggestions for baddie roles, but haven't seen a civvie one.
My point was that MP has done crazier. Even in Bioshock, he had Kyle Fitzpatrick:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Image
Kyle Fitzpatrick – A talented pianist, Fitzpatrick works as a disciple under Sander Cohen, but Cohen is displeased by Fitzpatrick’s piano playing. Fitzpatrick must continue to play the piano every night but, as time passes, he comes closer to giving up out of frustration, leading to his explosive death. Each night Fitzpatrick lives he loses 5% on his chances of survival, starting with a 90% base rate of surviving Night 1; 85% of surviving Night 2; 80% Night 3; 75% Night 4, etc. He cannot win with Sander Cohen alive.
Bioshock Mafia lasted 15 days and nights. Even if Kyle Fitzpatrick had survived that long, he would have had only a 25% chance to survive. And Sander Cohen, whom Fitzpatrick needed dead to win, would survive the first two attempts on his life, either by lynch or night kill.

This was a role that had no hope of winning. Yet there it was. So saying it doesn't make sense for MP to include a certain role doesn't mean much to me.

++++

MM, let me ask you a question: Why do you think Russ isn't posting?
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I know who I'm voting for on Day 2 now. Spoiler alert: it's not FZ.

Return to “Previous Jobs”