our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 675

Re: Death Note Mafia [NIGHT 5]

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote:Two men, one well, no regrets.
:suspish:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 224
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Great story TH. And I love that bigsimpson was a part of it.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 96

Post by Spacedaisy »

Turnip Head wrote:
Black Rock wrote:If I counted the times I've been screwed by out of control forces...
Story time!

Once upon a time in Dead Like Me mafia, I was the serial killer role, and I had a unique twist. On Night 1, I had to choose all my targets for the next 4 nights. If all 4 of those kills went through, on Night 5 I would get to kill 4 players at once.

With a bit of luck, all my 4 kills went through, and I was looking forward to the big payout.

On Day 5 however, LC was getting lynched. He was a baddie, and with his last dying breath, he outed me as the serial killer. He was completely bluffing, he had no idea what my role was. He was talking out of his ass completely. But he said it with such certainty that most players believed him even though he was lynched as a baddie only moments later.

There was a civvie role in the game that could "steal" a player's power and use it for themselves. The player with this role was bigsimpsin, and I think somehow everyone knew he was this role? and of course he picked me that night. I had just been labeled a serial killer, why wouldn't he?

He killed 4 people at once, confirmed that I was the killer, and I promptly got lynched right after LC.

I was so sad.
I remember this. I was so impressed that you picked four kills that went through. Sorry TH!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: Death Note Mafia [DAY 5]

Post by Epignosis »

boo wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
boo wrote:Well, Eloh it is.

Was it just me, or did Boomslang's autopilot comment raise any eyebrows though? Setting up the next lynch before the current one is even over does not inspire trust.
boo wrote:I think potential BWT voters should vote llama. But I'd also like to point out to potential BWT voters that they're a day behind, so if they lynch BWT today, then maybe they'll get to llama tomorrow. That would work.
:eye:

I'm voting for boo.

And boo to L, even if you are right. I hope your feet cramp up and you choke on a macaroon.
Mine was a joke-y hope. His was flat out saying he's already decided how the next lynch should go down and that it's obvious. Specifically saying the lynch should run on autopilot is what concerns me.
I can't tell that intention from your post. I think you meant it.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

juliets wrote:Well, we at least now know L's message was trustworthy which will help me feel more comfortable in the future with what s/he says. Goodbye Elo, I couldn't read you at all so good job.
Just curious- what would you do is L said you were a Kira-sympathizer?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

*if
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Epignosis wrote:
juliets wrote:Well, we at least now know L's message was trustworthy which will help me feel more comfortable in the future with what s/he says. Goodbye Elo, I couldn't read you at all so good job.
Just curious- what would you do is L said you were a Kira-sympathizer?
What would I do? Well i would no longer feel comfortable with what s/he said in the future because s/he would be wrong sometimes (that I'm a Kira sympathizer) and right sometimes. i would be very wary of him/her. I'm not sure if this is what you are asking or not.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 98
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Made »

Pov: you reading my takes
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 719
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 522

Post by FZ. »

1. I think this is a very good result. The only downside is that if there was a possible BTSC there, it might have been easier to catch. Assuming there is still just one kill, I'm deducting that they didn't have BTSC yet. Is that right?

2. I have no problem with my vote, because I called Elo out before the whole L incidence :D

3. On K-site, info dumping is allowed but there is no role description, so it's less obvious and easier to manipulate. I don't know how it should work here, but since it was sent through the host who said no info dumping, I'll give L and the host the credit that it wasn't just info dumping.

4. Rico, to answer your question, I was wrong. Aces was not an almost confirmed civ, but by the way L's message was worded, I got the impression that it wasn't someone we should go after, and I assume that's what Kira thought too. In fact, even though he was barely here, no one was even thinking of lynching him, so it strengthens how I think Kira was operating when killing Aces.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

MM is a hard one to read for me, but the fact he said RIP means nothing to me. As a civ, I've felt bad for baddies getting lynched for different reasons.

Boo and Epi battling now is interesting.
Boo, has your opinion of llama changed at all, or are you still suspicious of him? What's your take on Epi?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
zeek
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 154

Post by zeek »

Good result, especially as we know we can trust L :) Also good to know there isn't another Death Note out there.
boo
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 267
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by boo »

FZ. wrote:MM is a hard one to read for me, but the fact he said RIP means nothing to me. As a civ, I've felt bad for baddies getting lynched for different reasons.

Boo, has your opinion of llama changed at all, or are you still suspicious of him? What's your take on Epi?
Still think llama is bad.

Still think Epi is Yotsuba.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

boo wrote:
FZ. wrote:MM is a hard one to read for me, but the fact he said RIP means nothing to me. As a civ, I've felt bad for baddies getting lynched for different reasons.

Still think llama is bad.

Still think Epi is Yotsuba.
So you have Bea and llama as Kira (or Kira supporters), and Epi as Yotsuba?
How about Boomslang? Also related to Kira?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 719
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 148

Post by Black Rock »

Turnip Head wrote:The moral of the story is that fake info dumping is a strategy that can absolutely work (sometimes with hilarious results depending on your perspective), but only if real infodumping is also allowed. It's a tricky subject to tackle, I can see both sides of it.
That is the point LC is trying to get across. Fake info from baddies can be an integral part of the game. There is no real point to a dead role checker unless the baddies can use that info for fake role claiming. That role was designed and created for baddies to try and get civvie status. You put a dead role check and a seemer together and you have the makings to set up a baddie rez. This is all part of ye ole mafia that has been corrupted with time.
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 488
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Black Rock wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:The moral of the story is that fake info dumping is a strategy that can absolutely work (sometimes with hilarious results depending on your perspective), but only if real infodumping is also allowed. It's a tricky subject to tackle, I can see both sides of it.
That is the point LC is trying to get across. Fake info from baddies can be an integral part of the game. There is no real point to a dead role checker unless the baddies can use that info for fake role claiming. That role was designed and created for baddies to try and get civvie status. You put a dead role check and a seemer together and you have the makings to set up a baddie rez. This is all part of ye ole mafia that has been corrupted with time.
I very much echo these sentiments. :srsnod:

That said, I have, for a very specific reason, disallowed role claiming and outing in thread.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

FYI there are roughly 4.5 hours remaining in Night 5.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Quiet night.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 822

Post by DharmaHelper »

I'm trying to figure out if Epi's lack of his usual Eloh defending was because he knew she was bad and didn't want to defend her.

ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

DharmaHelper wrote:I'm trying to figure out if Epi's lack of his usual Eloh defending was because he knew she was bad and didn't want to defend her.
I can't stay, but him knowing she was bad and not talking about her could stem from two reasons:
a. He's bad and he didn't want people to catch her.
b. He's not bad, but felt bad outing her like he used to do. He said he decided not to do that any more. Question is, was it based purely on their personal relationship, or something game related?

Going to bed. Bye
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

FZ. wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:I'm trying to figure out if Epi's lack of his usual Eloh defending was because he knew she was bad and didn't want to defend her.
I can't stay, but him knowing she was bad and not talking about her could stem from two reasons:
a. He's bad and he didn't want people to catch her.
b. He's not bad, but felt bad outing her like he used to do. He said he decided not to do that any more. Question is, was it based purely on their personal relationship, or something game related?

Going to bed. Bye
It's just interesting to me. In every game I've been in with the pair of them Epi has defended her, even chastising people for suspecting/lynching her. Not so in this case.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

From Day 2:
Epignosis wrote:
Elohcin wrote:She's planned everything about her wedding from flowers and venue to dress, food, and music.
Spoiler alert: Daddy's broke. :puppy:

bea, I said in the last non-Monopoly game I played that I would no longer be relying on real life metagaming to judge my wife, and likewise not provide such insight into the thread. That has run its course, and furthermore, Elohcin's game has evolved to the point where such insight is no longer reliable.

From an in-game perspective, however, she will not be getting my vote any time soon. Is she a detective? Who knows. But I don't think she has a death note yet.

I am of the mindset that boo is no good. I do not have time this morning to go into details. I will do that when I return home. All I want to say is this: Don't rationalize lynching a vanilla Yotsuba as the "third best outcome." That's just a nicer way of saying "Second worst." :disappoint:
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

That's what you said, sure. But I have difficulty with the idea that you'd be able to help yourself.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote:That's what you said, sure. But I have difficulty with the idea that you'd be able to help yourself.
A weak will? Nah. It's in my best interest long term.

After game after game of people depending on me to read Eloh for them, I decided I would quit doing it. It got to the point that my alignment was predicated on Eloh's, and that if I was ever wrong about her, I must be bad. Earlier on I had no qualms about it, but the novelty has worn off, and as I said, I think Elohcin is a better player now. By now, if she has a team made up of certain people, they might devise a way to exploit my read of her. It doesn't mean I won't notice certain things, but, as I said, I'm retiring as the Elohcin expert because the pressure is annoying, prone to abuse, and at times, unfair. I figured that if I stopped doing it, people would quit asking me about it.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:That's what you said, sure. But I have difficulty with the idea that you'd be able to help yourself.
A weak will? Nah. It's in my best interest long term.

After game after game of people depending on me to read Eloh for them, I decided I would quit doing it. It got to the point that my alignment was predicated on Eloh's, and that if I was ever wrong about her, I must be bad. Earlier on I had no qualms about it, but the novelty has worn off, and as I said, I think Elohcin is a better player now. By now, if she has a team made up of certain people, they might devise a way to exploit my read of her. It doesn't mean I won't notice certain things, but, as I said, I'm retiring as the Elohcin expert because the pressure is annoying, prone to abuse, and at times, unfair. I figured that if I stopped doing it, people would quit asking me about it.
Yeah ok great but why did you not vote for Russ?

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epi, what do you think of Made, Zomberella, Black Rock and Boomslang?

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote:Epi, what do you think of Made, Zomberella, Black Rock and Boomslang?
:feb: , :smoky: , :llama: , and , :confused: , respectively.

I can elaborate on any of those you wish in a little while. However, I am in the process of digging up my own juicy tidbit.
Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 98
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Made »

Epignosis wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:Epi, what do you think of Made, Zomberella, Black Rock and Boomslang?

I can elaborate on any of those you wish in a little while. However, I am in the process of digging up my own juicy tidbit.
Pov: you reading my takes
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 126

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

Guys I'm sorry it was a bad weekend. But its no excuse. I am catching up now.

If anyone is friends with Roxy please send some love her way. Thanks
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Done

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 1001
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

I sent Roxy some good feels as well :)
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

good results with the eloh lynch everyone.
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 179
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

:hugs: bass - sending some rox's way now....
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Thanks everyone.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 198

Post by S~V~S »

:hug: to you and your Mom, Bass.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Night 5: The World's Best Zombie Extermination Team

Zomberella12 was fast asleep.

ZOMBERELLA12: Snowman! Get out your chainsaw! It's time to kick some zombie butt!

Snowman nodded. Both of them charged into a room full of zombies, accompanied by a few others.

Like a well-oiled machine, the group of fighters took out every last zombie.

ZOMBERELLA12: Yay! Nice job, everyone!
SNOWMAN: These zombies are no match for THIS snowman's wrath!
TRICERATOPZEUHL: Or this guy's brain! :slick:
BIRDWITHTEETH11: Or this guy's amazingly good looks... :shifty:
LONG CON: Or this guy's powers of deception! :feb:
S~V~S: Or this girl's love of Cthulhu-shaped grenades! :SVS:
ACEOFSPACES: Or this guy's zombie training from destroying so many Splicers! :keys:
ELOHCIN: Or this girl's ability to pretend that each zombie is really her husband! :haha:

Zomberella12 paused.

ZOMBERELLA12: Wait a minute. Something's not right. Aren't all of you dead?
SNOWMAN: Sadly, yes. You are too.

Zomberella12 froze.

ZOMBERELLA12: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :overreact:

At that moment, Zomberella12 woke up, in a panic. Seconds later, she collapsed onto the floor, dying of a heart attack.

Zomberella12 has been killed by Kira.
Some role secrets have been revealed.

It is now Day 6.

You still have 48 hours to find and lynch Kira.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Re: Death Note Mafia [DAY 6]

Post by Tangrowth »

Hello again. This is L.

My investigation has determined that bea has a 7% chance of being Kira.

She is cautious bordering on the paranoid. Is this the prudence of a good civilian, or the fear of the guilty?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Now that's interesting.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Epignosis wrote:Now that's interesting.
The kill or L's message?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 1001
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Rest in peace Zomberella, sorry to see you go.

Thanks for the tip L, I think it's worth looking into.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Now that's interesting.
The kill or L's message?
Both.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Thats pretty funny Kira, throwing the kill timing in my face like that.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 148

Post by Black Rock »

Epignosis wrote:

I do NOT have a mustache! :pout:
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I agree. I hadn't noticed bea being cautious but I'd better take a look at her posts.

RIP Zomba. For most of the game I thought you were civ, just a few doubts at times. But I'm sorry you have to leave - looking forward to our next game.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

I agree with juliets about bea. I haven't notice her being cautious. She seems to be playing her normal way.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Rip zombra - I had food feels about you.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

bea wrote:Rip zombra - I had food feels about you.
Yummy.

ImageImage
ImageImage
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

LOL - good feels. Geeze phone!!

Return to “Previous Jobs”