50%

Total votes: 8
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 705
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: [Day 2] Bullets Over Broadway Mafia

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote:Not sure. Depending on how today turns out I might still want to look at LC, and possibly Tiny. I'm also interested in the suspicion on Sig and am keeping an eye on him. I am looking forward to hearing more from BR, and others who have seemed particularly blendy like Bass and DF.
what do you think about Neverwhere's posts?
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 692

Post by Golden »

I don't suspect BR for the fact she is quiet. I suspect her for the particular lack of content in her posts relating to her suspicions or views on others - making very few connections. I don't think that 'slip' is a slip either - even if she was on that baddie team, I think it's a fair way to phrase it without it being seen as a slip.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 319

Post by Epignosis »

I find it ironic that people bemoan that it's the LC-Cobalt thing, but when some of us raise points about other people, they're mum.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 122

Post by fingersplints »

I don't think BR is suspicious atm.
Gro-oo-ovy
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I agree - and unfortunately that is why things like LC/Cobalt DO derail threads and games. If everyone could simply filter it out and focus on the other suspicions, then it wouldn't be a big thing. But what really happens? Every vote goes in on Cobalt or LC, and there is little discussion of others.

Although I will say, I was pleasantly surprised by how many separate people responded to my question about BR.

Also - Hedgeowl, I'm looking forward to your elaboration about your 'false' statement. I went back and read your posts, and stand by my assessment.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

fingersplints wrote:I don't think BR is suspicious atm.
Would you ever be suspicious of Black Rock early in a game?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Epignosis wrote:
Would you ever be suspicious of Black Rock early in a game?
Economics?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Why not? Who do you think is suspicious right now? Cobalt and Long Con excluded.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

@hedgeowl, I took a second read, and I've realised there was something I was missing in your posts.

I thought your 'going away' was an apology for what was coming up, but now I read it as you apologising for what has been over the couple of days before, and I can see what you are getting at.

However - as I noted the first time - it wasn't frequency, it was content. I noticed a significant drop off in how meaningful your posts were. I wasn't suspicious of your absence, because I never had any problem with the fact you were going away. Much the same as I feel about MM.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 137
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Cobalt wrote:You won't need to look into LC, he's dying today.
:nicenod: I've been putting my affairs in order.
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

sorry submitted.

I reread her posts and I see she also is suspicious of Bass, so that has me feeling ok about her. It could be distancing or on other teams, but something about her thoughts feels genuine to me.

linki haha yea I love to suspect BR early! (like in Economics) but I don't see it this time

more linki posting anyways :keys:
Gro-oo-ovy
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Golden wrote:I agree - and unfortunately that is why things like LC/Cobalt DO derail threads and games. If everyone could simply filter it out and focus on the other suspicions, then it wouldn't be a big thing. But what really happens? Every vote goes in on Cobalt or LC, and there is little discussion of others.

Although I will say, I was pleasantly surprised by how many separate people responded to my question about BR.

Also - Hedgeowl, I'm looking forward to your elaboration about your 'false' statement. I went back and read your posts, and stand by my assessment.
I think it would be worth our time if we all reviewed the posts from today to see which players seemed most unwilling to discuss other names and how everyone acted about this big distraction of a day. That will be a worthwhile angle to pursue tomorrow, imo. along with all the usual stuff.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

splints, what do you make of that comment by epi. Does he have any reason you can think of to presume you wouldn't suspect BR early?
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Golden wrote:splints, what do you make of that comment by epi. Does he have any reason you can think of to presume you wouldn't suspect BR early?
I assumed he was making a joke since I obviously went after BR pretty hard super early in the last game.

Probably shouldn't make assumptions with Epi though :shrug2:
Gro-oo-ovy
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 133
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Sloonei wrote:
nutella wrote:Not sure. Depending on how today turns out I might still want to look at LC, and possibly Tiny. I'm also interested in the suspicion on Sig and am keeping an eye on him. I am looking forward to hearing more from BR, and others who have seemed particularly blendy like Bass and DF.
Somewhat neutral. Her earlier posts give me a civvie-leaning vibe, but like LC said it's odd how she jumped on BR's clearly-not-a-slip-up, and based on what she said about Cobalt in a couple posts I would maybe look her way for a possible teammate if he turns out to be bad.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

fingersplints wrote:
Golden wrote:splints, what do you make of that comment by epi. Does he have any reason you can think of to presume you wouldn't suspect BR early?
I assumed he was making a joke since I obviously went after BR pretty hard super early in the last game.

Wasn't a joke. After I died, I didn't follow the last game much.

I raised a point about Black Rock, which is why I suspect her. I haven't heard from her (or anybody) about it.
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 72

Post by Black Rock »

Epignosis wrote:
Golden wrote:I'd really like to get a few people's views on Black Rock.
I was hoping I'd wake up to BR's response to my questions.

Since people are voting already, I'll explain what's on my mind:

On this forum, if you leave an unpublished post in a tab for too long, it will say something to the effect of "The submitted form is no longer valid" or "This page has expire; please refresh." I forget the exact wording, but I know it has happened from time to time to me. It's no big deal: You hit F5 and your content is still there.

But Black Rock made it sound like posting what she did was an accident, like she had the wrong tab open or something (one that was left up for 12 hours?). Plus the "I forgot to press submit once and came back 12 hours later to see my post sitting there and then it got caught up in linkitis and then I failed" doesn't make sense from a technical standpoint.

Just picked up a third job by accident last night and I have been working all day, sorry to disappoint you. I'm actually at this post...
Bass_the_Clever wrote:
Black Rock wrote:
Black Rock wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:Who are your suspects today Bass?
My top suspect is still cobalt. When I was doing my six page catch up I got a bad vibe from LC when he switched his vote after saying he wasnt going to be around. Today LC is starting to read more normal to me, so I have him in a gray area. The problem i'm having is trying to remember what mafia LC looks like. I know he was Indy in RR but I think the only game I have seen him be bad in was my first mafia game ever Supernatural Mafia on Rev. I got a slight ping from DF when he made the comment about me not saying anything because I think this is the most I have ever posted in a game this early. I felt like he is skipping over stuff and I tend to think baddies skim and skip stuff because they arent really worried about catching any mafia.

There are a lot of people who I would like to hear more from when they get caught up.
What? Flash ring any bells?
Posted to quick. This post sounds like you are talking out your ass, no offense. You smell bad. :eye:
Really? What part of it or the whole thing?
The whole thing, I feel like most of your posts have been opportunistic.

For TH, my post that didn't post just said I'm keeping a close eye on you just because. Trying to rev you up.

Dinner is now ready, it's my brother in laws birthday and so I will be back after we eat and sing happy birthday or something. I hope the poll isn't over soonish. I'll address Epig then.

Golden you are full of shit if you think I'm posting less content in early game than normal. I'm BR that's what I do unless I have an info role to lead the way.
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Somewhat neutral. Her earlier posts give me a civvie-leaning vibe, but like LC said it's odd how she jumped on BR's clearly-not-a-slip-up, and based on what she said about Cobalt in a couple posts I would maybe look her way for a possible teammate if he turns out to be bad.
Sloonei was the first one to bring up the "slip" in the first place. What do you make of him?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Epignosis wrote:
fingersplints wrote:

I raised a point about Black Rock, which is why I suspect her. I haven't heard from her (or anybody) about it.
I suspected BR that game before you died though. That's why I thought it was a joke. Anyways to answer your previous question then, yes I would and have been suspicious of BR early in a game.
Gro-oo-ovy
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

fingersplints wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
fingersplints wrote:

I suspected BR that game before you died though. That's why I thought it was a joke. Anyways to answer your previous question then, yes I would and have been suspicious of BR early in a game.
I wasn't paying attention to you. :ninja:

And that's all I wanted to know!
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

Black Rock wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
I was hoping I'd wake up to BR's response to my questions.

Since people are voting already, I'll explain what's on my mind:

On this forum, if you leave an unpublished post in a tab for too long, it will say something to the effect of "The submitted form is no longer valid" or "This page has expire; please refresh." I forget the exact wording, but I know it has happened from time to time to me. It's no big deal: You hit F5 and your content is still there.

But Black Rock made it sound like posting what she did was an accident, like she had the wrong tab open or something (one that was left up for 12 hours?). Plus the "I forgot to press submit once and came back 12 hours later to see my post sitting there and then it got caught up in linkitis and then I failed" doesn't make sense from a technical standpoint.

Just picked up a third job by accident last night and I have been working all day, sorry to disappoint you. I'm actually at this post...
Bass_the_Clever wrote:
Black Rock wrote:
Black Rock wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:
My top suspect is still cobalt. When I was doing my six page catch up I got a bad vibe from LC when he switched his vote after saying he wasnt going to be around. Today LC is starting to read more normal to me, so I have him in a gray area. The problem i'm having is trying to remember what mafia LC looks like. I know he was Indy in RR but I think the only game I have seen him be bad in was my first mafia game ever Supernatural Mafia on Rev. I got a slight ping from DF when he made the comment about me not saying anything because I think this is the most I have ever posted in a game this early. I felt like he is skipping over stuff and I tend to think baddies skim and skip stuff because they arent really worried about catching any mafia.

There are a lot of people who I would like to hear more from when they get caught up.
What? Flash ring any bells?
Posted to quick. This post sounds like you are talking out your ass, no offense. You smell bad. :eye:
Really? What part of it or the whole thing?
The whole thing, I feel like most of your posts have been opportunistic.

For TH, my post that didn't post just said I'm keeping a close eye on you just because. Trying to rev you up.

Dinner is now ready, it's my brother in laws birthday and so I will be back after we eat and sing happy birthday or something. I hope the poll isn't over soonish. I'll address Epig then.

Golden you are full of shit if you think I'm posting less content in early game than normal. I'm BR that's what I do unless I have an info role to lead the way.
What do you mean opportunistic?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

I need to vote now because I wont be back till after the deadline.
Voting Cobalt.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
Cobalt
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 199

Post by Cobalt »

Yaaaaaay
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

So, I don't have a whole lot of recent games to go on, BR, where you have been civ, so I picked one that I know you were civ in. Roger Rabbit.

On day one, you expressed:

Suspicion of: MM, zombs, aces
An unwillingness to vote/civvie vibes from: rabbit, golden, juliet
Other acknowledgement of: LC, MP

And you even mentioned 'everyone else'.

Look at this post form day one in that game:
Black Rock wrote:I'm really having a hard time with this lynch. Plus my sister calls me like 5 mins ago to talk, I had to tell her I have Mafia to vote in. She thinks I'm a little crazy but got off the phone.

Ok, here's a start of a list.
MM - I feel like he was called out on the self vote and then people came to his rescue. I liked LC's point but wasn't completely sold. MP points out he's done it a lot recently, MM then proves he hasn't. To me that just adds to what LC said and he was a baddie in film that self-voted and could be playing the same safe tactic. Who knows. I'm not likely to vote for him at this point because it looks awfully like a bandwagon, which makes me think he's civ.

Juliets has been a little flip floppy but she still sounds like the charming civ she always does.

Zombie girl does seem a little different in this game and maybe she is struggling with being a baddie. I know I did my first.

I am going to go back and read Goldens case on Aces, I know them both well and maybe I can see something there. The first time I tried to read it my sister called.

I think every one else I have nothing to say about or look civvie. Except for Rabbit who is evil either way. :slick:

Stop posting, I'm running out of time here.
And this one from night one:
Black Rock wrote:Ugh! I hate doing this but Rabbit you are making a mountain of a mole hill and painting your own scene. Maybe I just read the thread differently than you but you are putting way too much credit on LC. His original post towards MM was HOURS before the vote was up. It was a singular that he had left alone. Yet you give him all the credit because a bunch of people took it as an easy way out?

MM Voters.

Metalmarsh89 - self voted, caused the suspicion
AceofSpaces - the baddie
juliets - seemed shifty this day period, one to watch
Bass_the_Clever - Came in and took an easy way out quoting LC
nijuukyugou - I can't remember anything about her at this point.
Zomberella12 - Thinks aces is an asset (she's new)
Long Con - The original one to call MM on the self vote, imo the most valid vote here
Canucklehead - The last vote on Aces, one of the more suspect to me at this point.

Voter suspects in general.
MP - Decided to vote off after MM had quite a lead
Rabbit - Decided to stay away from the two top vote getters at an important time when his vote could have mattered
Splints - decided to go after Zomba, with the 11th vote tied her with aces. Possibly trying to give voters another option

My list would be as follows at this moment:
1) MP
2) Bass
3) Rabbit
4) Splints
5)Juliets/Canuck I put these two on the same line because I feel sameish about them.

By no means does Aces turning up baddie make MM civvie by default. I don't suspect him at this point but there is still a possibility for now.

Linki Rabbit: It was not the deciding vote. Even if in your opinion it was. By possible votes after it could have changed. Even you could have changed your mind. Canucks vote is the vote that made it impossible for Aces to be in the lead.
So - don't go saying I'm full of shit that you give content as a civ early in the game.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Black Rock wrote:I hope the poll isn't over soonish. I'll address Epig then.
It isn't, but it doesn't seem to bother you that you may be addressing me after the poll is over.

Voted.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I was able to catch Bass as scum on Day 1 in the Economics game. It was probably largely a case of beginner's luck, but it wasn't a total shot in the dark. He caught my attention because the tone in a lot of his posts seemed very tentative and easy, like he was making sure he had a feel for the thread before he would make a post and his reads were mostly soft and similar to those of others.

Posts like the following initially gave me better-than-scum vibes from Bass early on:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:Hey Gamer Guy what do you make of this day zero?
Bass_the_Clever wrote:
Golden wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:Ok somethings that I find interesting are.
1. S~V~S pulling quotes.
2. Gumshoe saying that S~V~S was buddy up to LC, when the same could be said about him trying to buddy up with Epi.
What specifically is your view on SVS pulling quotes?
I'm not sure yet. I just can't remember her ever pulling quotes on day zero.
and
Bass_the_Clever wrote:Gamer Guy you were just on a mafia team with S~V~S, do you think we are seeing her mafia game here?
this big one about Cobalt.
In these posts Bass seems to be actively involved in the act of catching baddies. He's asking questions and making observations, even when he admits he doesn't know what to make of them at the moment. I like that, it indicates that the gears are in motion for him.

None of this makes him a strong town read, though, and he hasn't blown me away with any reads today. He mentioned Long Con as a second suspect after Cobalt, which is the easiest thing to do in this thread.
Bass_the_Clever wrote:

That last sentence is a sentiment shared by a lot of people, it seems (and also an easy fake thing for scum to say). Bass backs it up later on with this post about BR:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:
I think Black Rock has been super quiet and said just enough just to get by. I will be keeping my eye on her.
But it's still not a very strong read, and it doesn't have the appearance of an original case, so I'm not gonna say this makes him look great, but it's at least a good sign that there's some consistency in a few of his posts. I'd be willing to put Bass just barely on the slight-town side of my rainbow at the moment, but that is subject to change (in either direction) depending on his contributions later on. I need to hear a lot more from Bass, but he's off to a pretty decent start in my opinion.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Epignosis wrote:
Black Rock wrote:Oh crap, that was the post that never went through and I got pissed off and said screw it.

Well, maybe I'll get his attention now. :blush:
What post never went through and you said "screw it?" This one?
Black Rock wrote:I might vote for TH this time. He didn't even give me a roll eyes, likely he doesn't want to get me charged up and wants to stay under the radar. Under the radar is exactly how I feel he is playing this game.
I'm confused. Is that post what you were referring to when you said this?
Black Rock wrote:I am so sorry about my lack of communication day 1. I tried to post a couple of times. I forgot to press submit once and came back 12 hours later to see my post sitting there and then it got caught up in linkitis and then I failed. That's what I get for rushing about. My schedule is a lot more open for the next couple of weeks so I will have time for Mafia.
No, the last post is me referring to a post that I never posted. The one that never posted was where I referred to TH. I forgot I never posted it at first.
ImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Epignosis wrote:
It isn't, but it doesn't seem to bother you that you may be addressing me after the poll is over.

Voted.
I'll always put family and work over a game. If this bothers you then voting for me is the right thing for you to do at this point. It doesn't make me bad, I just have my priorities in the right order. Dogging me won't make you look good.
ImageImage
Bubbles
The Mark
Posts in topic: 41

Post by Bubbles »

Put my vote in for long con, because there are far too many votes on cobalt right now, i dont trust that thre's not a scummy reason to get him lynched (even if he is mafia). Could be a willing sacrifice, to call attention away from the others. And long can has been slightly suspicious from the start, though i dont know him fromprevious games so cant be sure its not just his usual style. He seemed an easy target last poll so i wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt. however now there is no point, most likely cobalt's going to get lynched.

And sorry for not posting much. some posts have seemed kind of hostile, made me reluctant to involve myself. I am still around though :)

I think i recall bass suspecting i'm scum? I dont know if that was just meant to provoke a reaction or if it's his real opinion. Either way it's fishy.. and yes, for the 1000th time im still civ and will be civ ALL GAME and if you think that it's scummy of me to reiterate that, you don't really know me at all or you're misdirecting.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

TinyBubbles wrote:Put my vote in for long con, because there are far too many votes on cobalt right now, i dont trust that thre's not a scummy reason to get him lynched (even if he is mafia). Could be a willing sacrifice, to call attention away from the others. And long can has been slightly suspicious from the start, though i dont know him fromprevious games so cant be sure its not just his usual style. He seemed an easy target last poll so i wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt. however now there is no point, most likely cobalt's going to get lynched.

And sorry for not posting much. some posts have seemed kind of hostile, made me reluctant to involve myself. I am still around though :)

I think i recall bass suspecting i'm scum? I dont know if that was just meant to provoke a reaction or if it's his real opinion. Either way it's fishy.. and yes, for the 1000th time im still civ and will be civ ALL GAME and if you think that it's scummy of me to reiterate that, you don't really know me at all or you're misdirecting.
Are you saying that people who are suspicious of you are purposefully misdirecting the thread by putting attention on you? Surely you do not think you should be above suspicion.
Of all the people who have accused you, who do you get the scummiest vibes from?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I know what you mean about the hostility bubbles. It's been strong this game. I much prefer it being civil.

Even if BR is bad, I have no problem with her timing of responses. Not everyone can respond within a two hour window.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I agree with Golden, hostility is never fun. I hope I've not contributed to any perceived hostility and apologize if I have. I ask a lot of blunt questions and keep a pretty flat demeanor in all my posts, but I never play this game for anything but pleasure and you should all pay more attention to the goofy Paprika smile than the actual content of my posts. Let's all be bros.
if i've not contributed to any hostility then let's all be bros anyway.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Black Rock wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

Voted.
I'll always put family and work over a game. If this bothers you then voting for me is the right thing for you to do at this point. It doesn't make me bad, I just have my priorities in the right order. Dogging me won't make you look good.
I don't care about looking good.

I work and have a million projects going on, and I have in-laws here who outnumber my family. I just made a delicious lasagna. Everyone has real life. Nobody here is a robot. So none of that matters to me in the context of this game, as none of it has any bearing on what role PM you got. I am not saying you are bad because you aren't posting a lot or posting when I want you to. I think you know that.

What DOES make you look bad:

I've been bad with you a few times recently and I am detecting some similarities.

Your posts not posting (the only time I have ever had that happen to me was at work because someone swore up a storm right before I posted and so the work filter kicked in). Technological issues with no precedent on my end raise my eyebrow.

The way you word things are flaky.

You missed the Day 1 vote (Yes ma'am, I find that suspicious, not because you have a reason for missing it). I find the content of your posts Day 0 and Day 1 suspicious in conjunction with missing the vote.

Finally, defending yourself by:
Black Rock wrote:I'll always put family and work over a game. If this bothers you then voting for me is the right thing for you to do at this point. It doesn't make me bad, I just have my priorities in the right order. Dogging me won't make you look good.
Anybody with work and family and good sense can say this.

Doesn't make you good.

And no, dogging you doesn't make me look bad.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I think epi looks bad. It's all that dogging of BR he's doing. :noble:

After going back and looking at Roger Rabbit BR as per my posts above, I have to say I feel very comfy with my vote.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 33
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

I'm suspicious of Hedgeowl for wanting the Cobalt/LC thing to play out another day. At this point it looks like this has been a personal vendetta by Cobalt towards LC and that it was always going to head this way. I think this shows that Cobalt is acting completely of his own accord, and while I find his play to be unhelpful, I think he's generally telling the truth. But I don't know if indulging him in this is productive. That said it's a complete distraction, and if we're going to deal with it at all then it's better to deal with it now then let it derail the thread for another 72 hours.

I don't know about BR yet, I'm not suspicious of her at this time. I think it's interesting she suspects me for playing under the radar when that's what she's been doing herself so far :P

I'm thinking of voting for Hedgeowl, or maybe for nutella because she completely ignored my thoughts on her 0_0
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Golden wrote:I think epi looks bad. It's all that dogging of BR he's doing. :noble:
Something to keep in mind if he's on the poll tomorrow.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: [Day 0] Bullets Over Broadway Mafia

Post by Sloonei »

I first became mildly suspicious of MP when he made this post:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Before this gets blown out of proportion and either Devin or I gets eyeballed because people are misinterpreting my posts for anything other than Day 0 sillyness, I am going to lay all of this out there.

Devin offered me a truce. I don't entertain any "truce" seriously; of course, I'll be voting for the player I most suspect on Day 1 (except a newbie***), and if I think that player is Devin, then I will vote for him. I have no propensity to vote for him at the moment, despite his truce comment, as I was merely joking with him. I think he would have said this regardless of alignment.

Devin and I know each other RL (well, almost a year ago I moved to Texas) and have a propensity to get ourselves killed early in games very often, so I made a comment in the sign-ups thread to the effect of 'maybe we can play a game together for longer than 1 cycle :P '. This is because Devin recently returned to playing mafia after over a year of not really playing, and I self-destructed (as an independent role) in the only game we've played together since he has come back.

***I would like to avoid voting a player completely new to The Syndicate on Day 1. I used to very vocally oppose those who took this view, but I have recently come around to this line of thinking. I do think it would suck to come to a new site and get lynched Day 1 your first game, so newbies will get a "free pass" from me, but only from my vote (not any suspicion I have), and if they are my top suspect going into Day 2, I will not hesitate to vote for a newbie.

TL;DR, sig, I agree with you that Day 1 'vote truces' accomplish nothing good for the town.
I did not feel like the attention around the "truce" discussion really warranted this much of a preemptive defense. I know MP's style is to make long posts loaded with information, but this one in particular just felt over-defensive, like he didn't want to be involved in any early suspicion perhaps because he wasn't confident in his ability to defend his way out of it (though his time constraints could also explain this regardless of his alignment).
He continued to focus on Devin after this, along with Epi and Sig, it seems, but his participation was sporadic and it's kinda difficult to track. His case against SVS ended up being pretty persuasive for me, but that does nothing to exonerate him, imo.

Epi 2.0, in the same light, has not felt the same as the first version. I'll try to look through his posts and see if I can find anything/still feel the same way.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Bubbles
The Mark
Posts in topic: 41

Post by Bubbles »

Sloonei wrote:
TinyBubbles wrote:Put my vote in for long con, because there are far too many votes on cobalt right now, i dont trust that thre's not a scummy reason to get him lynched (even if he is mafia). Could be a willing sacrifice, to call attention away from the others. And long can has been slightly suspicious from the start, though i dont know him fromprevious games so cant be sure its not just his usual style. He seemed an easy target last poll so i wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt. however now there is no point, most likely cobalt's going to get lynched.

Are you saying that people who are suspicious of you are purposefully misdirecting the thread by putting attention on you? Surely you do not think you should be above suspicion.
Of all the people who have accused you, who do you get the scummiest vibes from?
Not necessarily, but i wouldnt be surprised.if i was mafia id be wanting to call attention to a particular person and then pretend to have a debate about them with a baddie teammate,. Just to get people's stance on them. I think real civs dont form strong opinions about any one person unless there is a lot of evidence or its close to lynch time. Also dont get into tight knit conversations about that person unless the thread is already moving in that direction. I dunno maybe im wrong

And of course, not saying im above suspicion. But im not trying to shift attention on anyone in particular, and what have i said thats so suspicious? Other that saying im civvie? Honestly im more surprised other people dont claim it if they are. i just dont want to be lynched early, i would love to see how this game develops towards the end and i want to be a part of that.

Scummiest vibes.. probably bass. And from everyone else, im getting some scummy vibes from hedgeowl and black rock.
Neverwhere seems to be exactly the same as in previous games, but she was baddie in those games. Not sure about how i feel about her.
Also Epi 2.0 is not giving off the same vibes as original Epi, and i dont believe RL is the only reason. On my radar
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

I'm voting Bass now. I am certain he is bad.

I am tired and cranky and will not be posting anymore tonight. If you are certain I am bad then vote for me. It makes sense right? I will post how I wish, maybe I'm just a big flake and horrible at this game.

Epignosis, I find it very odd how your opinions haven't changed since you have a new role and you have completely switched gears. Bass your teammate?

linki: That's good Golden. If your civ your wrong, if you aren't then you don't care.
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Black Rock wrote:Epignosis, I find it very odd how your opinions haven't changed since you have a new role and you have completely switched gears. Bass your teammate?
How have I completely switched gears? My #1 suspect has enough votes to do him in, I think. I am therefore free to pursue other suspicions, and you are it.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Epignosis wrote:
Black Rock wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

Voted.

I work and have a million projects going on, and I have in-laws here who outnumber my family. I just made a delicious lasagna. Everyone has real life. Nobody here is a robot. So none of that matters to me in the context of this game, as none of it has any bearing on what role PM you got. I am not saying you are bad because you aren't posting a lot or posting when I want you to. I think you know that.

I've been bad with you a few times recently and I am detecting some similarities.

Your posts not posting (the only time I have ever had that happen to me was at work because someone swore up a storm right before I posted and so the work filter kicked in). Technological issues with no precedent on my end raise my eyebrow.

You missed the Day 1 vote (Yes ma'am, I find that suspicious, not because you have a reason for missing it). I find the content of your posts Day 0 and Day 1 suspicious in conjunction with missing the vote.

Black Rock wrote:I'll always put family and work over a game. If this bothers you then voting for me is the right thing for you to do at this point. It doesn't make me bad, I just have my priorities in the right order. Dogging me won't make you look good.

Doesn't make you good.

I think this post is a pretty good illustration of the change I've perceived between Epi 1 and Epi 2. You give a lot of reasons to be suspicious of Black Rock here, but I'm not seeing many places in your post history where you back it up or point to actual "flakiness" or similarities to past games. This does case does not feel as convincing (or convinced) as your previous ones. Does anyone else perceive these or other differences in Epi's posts?
How would you respond, Epi?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

TinyBubbles wrote:
Sloonei wrote:

Not necessarily, but i wouldnt be surprised.if i was mafia id be wanting to call attention to a particular person and then pretend to have a debate about them with a baddie teammate,. Just to get people's stance on them. I think real civs dont form strong opinions about any one person unless there is a lot of evidence or its close to lynch time. Also dont get into tight knit conversations about that person unless the thread is already moving in that direction. I dunno maybe im wrong

And of course, not saying im above suspicion. But im not trying to shift attention on anyone in particular, and what have i said thats so suspicious? Other that saying im civvie? Honestly im more surprised other people dont claim it if they are. i just dont want to be lynched early, i would love to see how this game develops towards the end and i want to be a part of that.

Scummiest vibes.. probably bass. And from everyone else, im getting some scummy vibes from hedgeowl and black rock.
Neverwhere seems to be exactly the same as in previous games, but she was baddie in those games. Not sure about how i feel about her.
Also Epi 2.0 is not giving off the same vibes as original Epi, and i dont believe RL is the only reason. On my radar
people tend not to claim townie/civ because the point of the game is that we're all supposed to be townies/civilians. It should go without saying. That does not have to mean there's anything wrong with claiming it, just that it is often going to raise eyebrows every time somebody does. What about Bass gives you scummiest vibes? Can you point to any specific posts? I'm glad to see we seem to agree about Epi 2.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Sloonei wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Black Rock wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

Voted.

Doesn't make you good.

I think this post is a pretty good illustration of the change I've perceived between Epi 1 and Epi 2. You give a lot of reasons to be suspicious of Black Rock here, but I'm not seeing many places in your post history where you back it up or point to actual "flakiness" or similarities to past games. This does case does not feel as convincing (or convinced) as your previous ones. Does anyone else perceive these or other differences in Epi's posts?
How would you respond, Epi?
I don't have the same role I used to have.

How about that bombshell? :feb:
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Epi 2.0 looks worse to me with every post :ponder:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

:omg:
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

BR you were recently teammates with Bass in the Econ game. What are you seeing here that makes you certain he's bad?
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

I'm voting Bass too now. I want to go to bed and I also think he is bad. He didn't even acknowledge my last post about him, so hopefully he will now. :)
Gro-oo-ovy
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 137
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

I can't believe I'm almost dead! :grin: I'll give my rainbow list.

TinyBubbles
Neverwhere

Bass The Clever
sig
Sloonei

Golden
MetalMarsh89
Cobalt

Black Rock
Canucklehead
Devin
DREAM
Fingersplints
Gumshoe
Hedgeowl
Epignosis 2.0
nijuukyugou
Nutella
Scotty
Timmer
Turnip Head
DFaraday
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 270
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Trying to type this shit out on my phone is beyond annoying.

Tiny's response, "Honestly im more surprised other people dont claim it if they are" seems like a very weak comment. First of all, we're not doing info dumping here (right Cobalt?) and secondly raccoons may look cuddly and cute until you let them into the house and they take a big ole bite out of your dog. I love my dog. And you, Tiny, seem like the raccoon that just wants to come in and have a lunch party.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Long Con wrote:I can't believe I'm almost dead! :grin: I'll give my rainbow list.
TinyBubbles
Neverwhere

Bass The Clever
sig
Sloonei

Golden
MetalMarsh89
Cobalt

Black Rock
Canucklehead
Devin
DREAM
Fingersplints
Gumshoe
Hedgeowl
Epignosis 2.0
nijuukyugou
Nutella
Scotty
Timmer
Turnip Head
DFaraday
Why am I so blue? Is this thing completely random?

Return to “Previous Jobs”