Total votes: 8
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 294
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: [Day 9] Bullets Over Broadway Mafia

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Golden, I demand a response before the night phase is over.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 121

Post by S~V~S »

What gives you the belief you can demand anything of anyone?
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 692

Post by Golden »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Golden, I demand a response before the night phase is over.
To what, specifically?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Scotty wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Gonna look into Hedgeowl. So many creepy quiet players in this game.
She sorta disappeared after Day 6. Most of her game was her dealing with the anxiety of catching up every time she'd come in. I had her as genuinely flustered all the time, and light civ. Probably on the play level of Tiny Bubbles except she didn't keep affirming that she was civ like Tiny was wont to do
Hedgeowl went on a trip to wisconsin for ten days and warned us she would likely be without internet - although that could have only happened in the Guess Who thread.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 319

Post by Epignosis »

Golden wrote:
Scotty wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Gonna look into Hedgeowl. So many creepy quiet players in this game.
She sorta disappeared after Day 6. Most of her game was her dealing with the anxiety of catching up every time she'd come in. I had her as genuinely flustered all the time, and light civ. Probably on the play level of Tiny Bubbles except she didn't keep affirming that she was civ like Tiny was wont to do
Hedgeowl went on a trip to wisconsin for ten days and warned us she would likely be without internet - although that could have only happened in the Guess Who thread.
And we lynched her anyway.

Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Epignosis wrote:
Golden wrote:
Scotty wrote:
And we lynched her anyway.

That was ninja's fault. I was quite happy to lynch timmer.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Golden wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Golden, I demand a response before the night phase is over.
To what, specifically?
This.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Epignosis wrote:
Golden wrote:Also, I'd like to know if you think bubbles could be jekyll or not? Do you personally think that is possible?
I thought TB was bad, so yeah. But I don't have any evidence beyond that to say so. Seemers gonna seem.
That's interesting. I suspected that possibly you did have evidence.

I have evidence Jekyll was alive on night 4.

I wouldn't be surprised if bubbles was Jekyll. If there is anyone with ANY evidence to the contrary, I'd like to know.

And if you are wondering what evidence to the contrary might look like - go look at the role card and read jekyll's role.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Golden wrote:
To what, specifically?
This.
Somehow, I missed that post entirely in amongst reading the DF stuff.

Will read it now.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I know nothing about Tiny Bubbles, man. Only that they pop before their time.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:There are a couple points I want to make about Golden regarding his involvement in the last two lynches. We all know Golden is a very capable town player, and in my experience playing with him he typically seems to mount some kind of significant case against a player before or during the pursuit of that player's lynch. So, given that he was a part of two consecutive town lynches here, we have to critically assess his role in them.
Golden wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Golden wrote:The biggest reason I have for bass being bad?

Team 2 tried to get him lynched (eg BR) and when it hadn't succeeded they tried to NK him. I think they might have known something.
i get the feeling Bass is a pretty easy target on a consistent basis, primarily because of the silly-reasons-for-lynches he leaves everyone with. disengagement, maybe laziness, lack of substantive self-defense. Team 2 tried to lynch him perhaps, but i would assert that numerous players alive and dead have been trying to lynch him in some capacity for a while now.
They tried to lynch him... and then tried to NK him...

Why the persistence?

I'm not saying it's overly persuasive, but even at the time it struck me as oddly persistent.
Golden said the "biggest reason" he had for suspecting Bass was this bit about Mafia 2 making an effort both to lynch him and then to night kill him, suggesting this meant they knew something. This is a vague notion which demands expansion by Golden ASAP, within the intended spirit of the rules. The underlined bit is a little confusing to me as well. Golden: why did this strike you as "oddly persistent" at the time, as this would suggest you were aware he was being pursued by Mafia 2 during the lynch attempt at the time. How could you have known that?

Moreover, I'm looking back and not seeing obvious evidence of any attempt to lynch Bass by non-townies before he was actually lynched. The only phases in which he received votes by players other than himself were Day 2 (Black Rock and fingersplints, exact alignments still unknown) and Day 7 (Cobalt and JJJ). This excludes the phase in which he was actually lynched. So, Golden, could you please show me exactly what you're referring to when you talk about this attempt by Mafia 2 to lynch Bass?

It's crucially important as it's a critical component of the "case" you proposed against Bass.

Because I suspected BR was on mafia team 2 for many days before she was actually lynched. Basically ever since LC was lynched. I was keeping a theory of the game in mind. The BR bit had proven correct (although I had kinda suspected she was Bonnie and Clyde).
Golden wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:is there significant evidence against Cobalt, or has he drawn the ire of players primarily because of his abrasive style?
My evidence is this - apologies for it being slightly long winded.

TGG quit the game after epi subbed in for MP. After some time, some thinking, and some reading of posts by TGG in other places, I came to the view that the reason TGG quit was not entirely because of internet issues (as he claimed in the thread). Rather, I thought that at least part of the reason for his quit was because he was in the team that killed epi, and was upset that he had been allowed to sub back in.

This led me to suggest G-Man (TGG's replacement) was on team 1, which when he was lynched proved to be correct.

Epi's first two posts after subbing back in, and just before TGG quit, were to say 'I know who killed me' and 'my suspicions haven't changed'. This led me to believe that epi was killed because he was on to one of mafia team 1 on day one, and TGG was specifically upset because they had killed him to get rid of a threat.

So then the question becomes, who was TGG's teammate that they killed epi to protect? SVS was indy, LC on team 2. If you were to reread epi's posts from day one, something I do suggest you do, I'd be interested to know if you come up with cobalt as I have.
This was Golden's case for Cobalt being mafia, eventually leading to Golden starting the bandwagon that became a lynch. The main issue I have with this is that Golden is voicing suspicion of Cobalt without actually referencing anything Cobalt himself did. He is throwing shade on Cobalt because of a theory he has constructed on the behavior of Epignosis 1.0/2.0 and TGG -- one that demands we assume Mafia 1 was specifically interested in protecting their own when they killed Epignosis 1.0. DFaraday proposed earlier that he thought the kill might have been intended to frame Long Con (something Mafia 1 was fully capable of doing to a Mafia 2 player). Moreover, Epignosis is just a threatening presence either way because of his style, and it seems to get him killed early in games regardless of who he suspects.

So this doesn't strike me as the most Golden-caliber case, especially since Cobalt had a large post history which should have somehow been incorporated into this. I question the sincerity and think there's potential for opportunism in both of these Golden votes for Cobalt and Bass during their respective lynches.

This is entirely a Golden-calibre case. It's right in my wheelhouse. It's evidence-based.

Cobalt did mearly nothing in the thread I found suspicious. I'd even said that. I disagreed with cases made based on his thread conduct.

But my primary focus in finding baddies is trying to figure out motivations. I believe I figured out a significant part of the motivation for TGG's quit - that epi was asked to sub back in. I still believe I did. I just was apparently wrong about the bit where they killed epi to protect one of their own teammates, but I think that was a reasonable extension of the view. As I say, my primary reason for finding people is that I don't buy their stated motivations, I think there is a hidden agenda. Take sanmateo in RYM87 - I called him out because I did not believe his defence of vanilla claims was coming from an entirely sincere place, as though he knew more than he should have. In fact, he knew Brian was vanilla, so he knew I couldn't have any info saying there were no vanilla, which I had implied. I think what I was seeing with sanmateo in that case was this fact - that he wasn't looking in to it with a mindset that was that of a civilian with no knowledge. This is exactly the same as why I went after TGG and Cobalt.

If you read back on my posts as a whole, you would see I'd described in other times in much more depth than I did on the day he was actually lynched. You'd also see there was one place where Cobalt did something that fed into my view - and that was his response when I asked him why HE thought TGG had quit.

In any event, though, I'd ask you to figure out my conduct in this game if I am bad. Why the spat with Long Con? Why Call out BR so early and so consistenly? Why be the first person to go after TGG and question whether his reasons for quitting were true, wouldn't I just back them up? There are legit reasons why you can feel very secure that I am not on either mafia team. I would not have simply bussed... I would have been the person who set out to get my teammates lynched.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 393
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

S~V~S wrote:What gives you the belief you can demand anything of anyone?
Because he will make 200 posts tomorrow if Golden doesn't acquiesce. :(

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'm playing a Mafia game and people are suspicious. :)

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Because he will make 200 posts tomorrow if Golden doesn't acquiesce. :(
Is that a reduction from his usual output? Like, he will ONLY make 200?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Looking into Hedgeowl
Hedgeowl wrote:
Golden wrote:Hedgeowl - if several people ended up voting for LC or SVS today, would you consider that there seemed to be good reasons for that, or are you saying that you find the reasons to suspect LC and SVS unconvincing?
Oh I am not saying that. Did I say that? I was commenting on the earlier discussion about newbies, which SVS and LC are not. I am sympathetic to LC because of Epi's accusation around the word "interesting" but that's more because I am someone who overuses this word in life. I do find SVS' defense interesting (!) however. I would not say I am ready to vote based on any of this yet though. Mostly, I think there been a lot of huffing and puffing and MP's redonkulous rainbow list aside ( :haha: ), not much noteworthy in 5 pages that took me too long to read, so I agree with Epi there. I will say so far he reads like civ Epi to me, and I can never tell very well with LC.

what are ISOs that everyone is mentioning? I assume not In Search Of...
I like her tone in this Day 0 post. She was responding to a question posed by Golden that actually confuses me -- I don't know if he meant to ask someone else because the question can't apply to anything Hedge had said prior. Anyway, I like the way she conveys herself in response to a question that doesn't really suit her posts.

Hedgeowl answering to some suspicions cast by Turnip Head on Day 1

I like this too. I don't struggle at all to understand the mindset Hedge has conveyed here through a townie lens. In fact, she answered well enough to his suspicions that I think Turnip looked more suspicious for it.

Another response to Day 1 accusations by multiple players

The trend continues. I think Hedge looks better in this post than every single still-living person who accused her of something (Turnip, Golden, Neverwhere). She faced a lot of accusations early in this game that just strike me as weak -- even by the standards of Day 1 poop flinging. She answered to them with the proper balance of earnestness and incredulity.
Hedgeowl wrote:Alright, I just finished catching up and am tired. I am really uncertain as to my suspicions currently, but would like to look back at those that jumped on board other people's suspicions and voted as a result. I am not super surprised at Cobalt's vote, but dont know how serious to take it given his earlier comments. MM as well need to reread. I will be interested in seeing how others vote an will plan to vote tomorrow evening hopefully.

Also, I find myself identifying with TGG description of playstyle as well. Rings true for me too.

Night y'all.
I would be a bit more comfortable about her if she'd given a couple concrete stances, but that doesn't seem to be her early game style if this game is any indication. It's important for a player to be conscious of this and convey the right attitude or strategy, and I think Hedge did an okay job of that. In an earlier post she asserted she likes to work with voting data, which is obviously not available on Day 1. I'll see if she lives up to that as I continue.
Hedgeowl wrote:Ugh, I am like 5 pages behind, but I don't want SvS to go down on a self vote. Voting LC because between him and Cobalt I feel more suspicious of him, but very weak still.

Linki no idea what is going on in the vote lol.
Give Hedge credit for a really solid Day 1 vote. She voted for LC (Mafia 2) and at the time, it made this the tally:

6 - Long Con
5 - Cobalt
5 - S~V~S

If she is a member of Mafia 2, then this vote was very bold (and probably unnecessary). It wouldn't have been hard at all to take advantage of Cobalt's early behavior and cast suspicion on him instead of LC to facilitate a Cobalt vote. But Hedge didn't do that. I don't think it's likely she's with Mafia 2. That still leaves an opening for Mafia 1 or one of the independent slots, but those possibilities will have to be judged on their own merits.
Hedgeowl wrote:Stahp talking! Dear god it's night people. How's a little owl supposed to catch up, when so many more pages have appeared? I apaologize for my absnese and hope to catch up tonight, but the longer this thread gets, the harder it gets to motivate to jump back in.

I could really use some rainbow lists now it seems :noble:
Hedge's content has been a little bit limited, so it's important to review her stated reasons and decide whether they are satisfactory. Here she suggests the pace of the game was too fast for her to comfortably keep up, which I think is believable. The game is definitely not moving fast right now, but earlier in the game it was (get 'em Sloonei).
Hedgeowl wrote:Ok, still several pages to go before I am fully caught up. Honestly sloonei those lyrics are not subtle in the least. Maybe someone is super ballsy and confidant in their gut reads, but it seems extreme to write a whole song about Nutella if you don't really think she's bad. Either way very fun song writing there! I def don't think we should take the word of night post though, because there is no guarantee they are civ I would assume. I do however think it worthwhile to examine Nutellas posts, votes etc. just in case. No reason we shouldn't all get some scrutiny.

I also need to do some rereads of LC-Cobalt to get a better handle on that currently. I am still suspicious of LC, but less so the more I get caught up.

:fist: fuckin wifi signal..posting now I hope.
I'm not entirely sure what's going on in this post. I missed the whole "lyrics" thing and every time it's mentioned I am pretty clueless about it. I'm not sure whether she's casting suspicion upon nutella, just calling for her to be analyzed, both, or something else. Hopefully she can return soon and enlighten me.
Hedgeowl wrote:I do love a thread that makes me smile when I read it. Sloonei, thank you for the LC analysis, I will get to it later tonight. With 50 pages of material I am shocked we are only at Day 4. I have not caught up fully on the Gman suspicion and wouldnt want to vote him out for antics. My understanding so far is that it is partly from TGG previous actions and comments of out thread, and then Gman's lack of catch-up. Is there more since then I dont understand?
This is a bit of an iffy post about G-Man. She is visibly hesitant to join the negative thread climate that had developed about him and his predecessor. The part I underlined has a somewhat mafia-vibe about it at face value to me, because she seems to understand the fundamental gist of the case against him but doesn't commit to any read based on that. This is probably the most suspicious post of Hedge's I've encountered so far.

So if we're keeping score, I think Mafia 2 is unlikely. This post might support a Mafia 1 theory.
Hedgeowl wrote:
Neverwhere wrote:
FZ. wrote:Scotty, no, I'm not sure that corruption means the player will change to bad, but I want to be sure about this, because if any of us were bad and could recruit or something of the sort, we'd take the most trusted player in the game. Right now, that's obviously Sloonei. So unless someone saved him, or he has a power to survive a NK on his own, I would be quite worried.

As for Golden voting Epi, that's a very weird choice, and I think we should think about why it's there. I doubt he was forced to do it, because Epig was not a high candidate for a lynch, so why waste it on him. So it seems he voted Epi for a good reason, at least to him.

Oh, and Neverwhere just reminded me about Splints.
Splints, of course civvies hesitate, but I think your choices for baddies are too easy. I think Bubbles is not bad, and based on his recent posts, I don't see Bass as bad either. I could be wrong of course, but it seems as if you chose the easy targets.
Very good point. Also...like I said before. Cobalt out of nowhere says he's 100% sure of Epi being bad and Golden suddenly just votes for him also.
I was also curious about this and thought it must have been something I missed. I've been rereading LC's posts, which have a lot of exchange with Golden, so surprised to see the Epi vote. I am still finishing them, but more and more LC is reading as frustrated civ to me. I need to read more about others thoughts on his connections to Tiny, and sig's posts in light of his lynch. I never thought the he killed Epi theory as a valid one. As BR commented I believe, it just doesn't seem like LC's style.
Hedgeowl wrote:Ok, I am making a mess of those spoiler and quotes tags, so will have to get someone to explain it to me later. I went back and read the cases on sig and LC in light of sig's posts and it doesn't look good. I dont know sig as a player, so I cant tell if he would defend a teammate so often, but it's not how I usually like to play as a baddie. However, with such early suspicion of LC it may have forced the team to go on the defensive. I dislike that he isnt here to defend himself, but reading through his posts he did have quite a lot of opportunity this game. I agree with Epi and Sloonei's assessments and will vote LC.

Votes Long Con

LInki Gman are you trying to tempt me to vote for you? ;)
If anyone still harbors suspicions that Hedge may really be Mafia 2, this pair of consecutive posts by her might support your tinfoiling. They are separated by 22 minutes, and in that time frame she went from clearly stating multiple reasons to town-lean on LC to subscribing to the cases by Epignosis 2.0 and Sloonei. That's a big jump, and I'd have liked it a lot more if she'd given original reasons for the eventual vote instead of lumping herself with the prevailing cases. It should be acknowledged that her vote was late in the phase and the tally was already a landslide for LC anyway.

If I weigh this against the Day 1 vote though, I still lean towards her not being with Mafia 2.

The linki to G-Man is a little pingy again.
Hedgeowl wrote:From what I gather from this page, some think votes were forced? I was going to vote Gman, but now I want to exercise my right to vote however I want just cause I can. Tiny, I'm vote you!
Hedgeowl wrote:Also, if that was a dumb move I'll be back tomorrow and can change it. :D
Hedge's treatment of G-Man is become a problem now. :suspish:
Hedgeowl wrote:
Scotty wrote:Grr I just did a whole analysis post about Hedgeowl and it got deleted. I'm too tired to do it again.
It's ok though, because here's the short gist of her:
-She has only 37 posts, which is quite minimal for someone still [actively] playing the game.
-but she has been constantly "catching up". I legit feel her frustration of continually having to comb through 10 pages every day for the past few gamedays, and how she's felt absent.
-She has voted not terribly so far. She did miss Day 2 vote, even though she was around and could have voted. I don't think it's that suspicious, since she picked it back up every day thereafter (except for the Tiny night). She missed a few night polls as well, so this also seems like a genuine busy-ness. Her vote off the G-man lynch felt justified with her self-proclaimed ideology of players bandwagoning only if they has a reason.
-I feel like she reads as a backdoor civ- she hasn't shared a lot of original suspicions, but also doesn't always go with the crowd on voting.

Hedge, I hope as the thread gets lighter that you come around more.
Can you give me 3 people you might suspect right now and maybe a little bit why?
I officially endorse your analysis, although that of course means diddlysquat. I am just too busy irl and at night so tired that it's no longer fun to catch up constantly, so eventually I give up and go to sleep. I am going on vacation for 10 days tomorrow in rural Wisconsin. I have been told we have internet, but will be with a ton of family. Granted my participation cant get much worse at this point. As for suspects, I still have nutella on my list, but saw JJJ say she defended herself well, so need to check that out. Otherwise, I havent taken the time to anayze the votes as I like to do, not that we have lynched several baddies, but thats where I like to start in my analsysis usually.
This was her last post, 5-6 days ago. She acknowledges at the end that she hasn't been able to do any vote analysis like she suggested she would on Day 1. She does seem like she is genuinely trying to keep a grasp on the game under difficult circumstances at least. The latter half of her post history can't inspire much confidence since it's so limited, but she has given reasons. I am not inclined to doubt their validity.

~~~

Hedgeowl's voting record for reference:

Day 1: Long Con (6th of 6)
Day 2: No vote
Day 3: No vote
Day 4: Long Con (10th of 11)
Day 5: TinyBubbles (1st of 2)
Day 6: No vote
Day 7: nutella (3rd of 3)
Day 8: No vote
Day 9: No vote

~~~

Overall, I think I've removed Hedgeowl from my Mafia 2 suspects. There is a case to be made that she is with Mafia 1 though. I think she looked like a townie at face value, but her treatment of G-Man is troubling enough that I'll just call it a slight town lean.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 270
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

The answer to the 3rd trivia question is 3. 3 Tony Nominations and 3 half-assed double pirouettes during the 11 oclock number
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I don't suspect Hedgeowl.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 126

Post by Dom »

Act One, Scene Ten
ENTER SCOTTY AND SINGER

SCOTTY: I mean, if I can book it, maybe you can, what's your audition song?

CUE A DRAMTIC ARRPEGGIO

SINGER: ’m someone to keep around close.
Someone to hurt baddies deep.
Someone to clear the air,
To ruin their sleep.

I’m someone you need so much.
Someone you know too well.
Someone to call you out,
And take you outta hell,

I’m someone you have to believe,
Someone who can stay alive,
Someone who, like it or not,
Really wants to survive
A little, a lot.

I’m someone that crowds you with doubts.
Someone to force you to feel.
Someone to make you think votes through,
Who's always been here,
As frightened as you,
Of being lynched,
Being lynched.
Being lynched.
Being lynched!

Civvies, keep me real close.
Civvies, hurt baddies deep.
Civvies, clear the air,
And ruin their sleep,
And make them aware
That you’re still alive.
Keep me alive.

Civvies need me too much.
Baddies know me too well.
Both of them pull me up short,
And put me through hell,
And give me support,
For being alive.
Keep me alive.
Keep me alive.

You make me confused.
You mock me with cases.
Don’t let me be used.
Keep me for days.

I’m alone,
And alone,
Is not alive.

Somebody crowd me with trust.
Somebody force civs to care.
Somebody let me come through,
I've always been here,
As frightened as you,
To help civs survive,
Staying alive.
Staying alive.
Staying alive!

SCOTTY: Oh.. wow.. that's... clich-

A CHANDELIER FALLS ON SCOTTY'S HEAD

THE SINGER RUNS OFF, WORRIED, SCARED, AND CONFUSED.

Scotty has been killed.
It is now day 10. You have 48 Hours to lynch someone
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Re: BoB Mafia Polls

Post by Dom »

it's lynching time! (changeable votes)

Poll ended at Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:52 pm

Bass The Clever
Scotty (2), Metalmarsh89 (3), DFaraday (5), nutella (7), Golden (9), nijuukyugou (10) 40%
Black Rock
No votes
JJJ
No votes
Devin
No votes
DFaraday
No votes
Canucklehead
No votes
DREAM
No votes
Fingersplints
No votes
Golden
No votes
Gumshoe
No votes
Hedgeowl
No votes
MetalMarsh89
No votes
Epignosis 2.0
No votes
Neverwhere
No votes
nijuukyugou
S~V~S (8), fingersplints (12), JaggedJimmyJay (13), Bass_the_Clever (14), Epignosis (15) 33%
Nutella
No votes
Scotty
No votes
SVS 2.0
No votes
Fear, itself. (host/non)
Dom (1), MovingPictures07 (4), Sloonei (6), Dragon D. Luffy (11) 27%
Total votes : 15
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Re: [Day 0] Bullets Over Broadway Mafia

Post by Golden »

Hedgeowl wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I want to lynch Long Con. That's where my Day 1 vote will be going as of right now.
Why? If you posted it already can you post a link.
It's Day 0. Long Con has six posts. I'm not posting a link for you. Read his posts and draw your own conclusion. Then tell me if you find anything suspicious.

If you don't, then I'll gladly share what I found.
Ok I read the six post, but I would still like to know what you find suspicious.
Is it because there are only six post, 3 of which are fluff posts?
Is it the MP/Epi shoving match post?
As promised:
Long Con wrote:This all got very interesting.
No it didn't. It's all Day 0 dicking around. Nothing has gotten interesting at all. "Interesting" is a stupid word. Stop using it Mafia. :rolleyes:
Long Con wrote:I see MP07 is going full-swing with the Question-Hammer, good to see! Gets people talking.
According to LC, MP is getting people talking, and it's "good to see." Hold that in mind. :grin:
Long Con wrote:I'm not too pinged by this truce thing, and I don't know what to think about the shoving match between MP and Epig yet.
If you "don't know what to think" about something, why in hell bring it up? Does anybody care that you don't know what to think about something? Why not keep quiet until you do know what you think?

And why characterize my exchange with MP as a "shoving match?" That can't be genuine. In this same post, LC said MP was "swinging the question hammer," which is "good to see." Now he's not sure what to think about the Epi/MP "shoving match?"

This doesn't smell right to me.

I'm voting Long Con, except I can't because Hedgeowl hasn't voted 18 yet. :evileye:
:feb:

(Voted 18 cause, well I was late to the party, but still reading....)

i tend to agree about voting newbies on the first day, but good points about not all the players being new to mafia. Honestly my Day 1 reads are never going to be that sure that know I have to vote the new guy. However, I do tend to be wary of bandwagon votes for seemingly no good reason.
That is Hedge's post that I was responding to, I wouldn't have thought it was so hard to make the link? I was wondering if she was particularly protecting LC or SVS at that time.

She wasn't, I don't think.

I'd forgotten at this point that I had early suspicion of hedge.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Gosh darn it. And right before trivia too :/

Thanks for a fun game Dom! Have fun everyone!

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Ah, so THATS who the singer is.

I didn't think it was scotty :)
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Trivia
The first few (intentionally ambiguous) people to submit the correct answers to ALL of the following questions will win a prize... they're worth it.

#1) How many Tony Awards has Bernadette Peters won?
#2) How many Broadway shows did Hal Prince and Stephen Sondheim work on (produce) together before 1985?
#3) In which year did the first Tonys take place?
#4) Who was the first actor to win a Tony Award for each acting category of their respective gender?
#5) Who has the most Tony Awards?
#6) Stephen Sondheim writes politically. Which of his musicals is often looked at as a mirroring of American Foreign policy in the post-war era?
#7) Which musical did Sondheim write first? A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum or Saturday Night?
#8) What rhymes with subtler? (This might be tricky)
#9) How many Tony Awards does Stephen Sondheim have?
#10) How many Tony Awards did The Bridges of Madison County win in 2014?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I have been finding this freakishly difficult and am just about ready to give in, if my last guess isn't correct.

I did, however, discover that "A little night music" may in fact be the role that people got on night 2, which mentions "3/4" a lot, as it appears to be written mostly in waltzes.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I don't think I will be able to answer any of these questions without the help of Google.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:I don't think I will be able to answer any of these questions without the help of Google.
I wasn't either. But even google has failed me on some.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

I am going to bed now-- good luck to you all. :feb:
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

That feel when you know all the answers but you can't do anything about it :doh:

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Scotty wrote:That feel when you know all the answers but you can't do anything about it :doh:
Well, if you'd just stop dying...
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 46

Re: [Day 10] Bullets Over Broadway Mafia

Post by Spacedaisy »

I am playing! There is no way I will catch up on all those posts so I am just going from here. But I need sleep right now. I'll be back tomorrow you lovely people!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 72

Post by DFaraday »

Scotty wrote:That feel when you know all the answers but you can't do anything about it :doh:
You knew ALL of them? And I thought I was a musical theater geek...

Also, RIP Scotty. I was feeling very civ about you.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Spacedaisy wrote:I am playing! There is no way I will catch up on all those posts so I am just going from here. But I need sleep right now. I'll be back tomorrow you lovely people!
Really? Who did you replace?
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Oh... He didn't announce it? I got my role already. I'm replacing Dreamy,
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Spacedaisy wrote:Oh... He didn't announce it? I got my role already. I'm replacing Dreamy,
You are on the poll, so there is that!
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

I've been thing about going with this look for the wedding, what do you think? ;)
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Spacedaisy wrote:I've been thing about going with this look for the wedding, what do you think? ;)
Only if Alex dresses up like a marmot.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

DFaraday wrote:
You knew ALL of them? And I thought I was a musical theater geek...

Also, RIP Scotty. I was feeling very civ about you.
It's pretty hard not to feel very civ about scotty when he survives a NK from one baddie team and then is immediately killed by the other.

It probably rules out a merge to this point, though, given I dare say double targetting isn't allowed.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Golden wrote:
Spacedaisy wrote:I've been thing about going with this look for the wedding, what do you think? ;)
Here is something, Alex and the marmot look like they could be brothers... Especially for the twenty four hours I put up with him having a mustache, lol
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 133
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

RIP Scotty, welcome Daisy!
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Dom wrote:A CHANDELIER FALLS ON SCOTTY'S HEAD
The Phantom killed scotty :D I just realised.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Spacedaisy wrote:
Golden wrote:
Here is something, Alex and the marmot look like they could be brothers... Especially for the twenty four hours I put up with him having a mustache, lol
And we grew up in the same city, and even attended a couple concerts at the same time.

But it wasn't until I came across the Syndicate that we met. :beer:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 121

Post by S~V~S »

Welcome Daisy :)
Bye Scotty~ I am surprised that both teams wanted you dead so badly.
All of those trivia questions are really hard.

I am voting for Ninja now. How she flips (and I will be surprised if she flips anything other than bad) will tell me how I feel about Faraday amongst others. Doinf otherwise would be putting the cart before the horse. Scottys death has led me to do some rethinking about a few people that I had pretty firmly in my mental "civvie file", but I want to reread a bit before I say much about any of that.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

S~V~S wrote:Welcome Daisy :)

I am voting for Ninja now. How she flips (and I will be surprised if she flips anything other than bad) will tell me how I feel about Faraday amongst others. Doinf otherwise would be putting the cart before the horse. Scottys death has led me to do some rethinking about a few people that I had pretty firmly in my mental "civvie file", but I want to reread a bit before I say much about any of that.
You seem very certain about ninja, what has brought you to feel this way if I may ask? Readers digest condensed version. :)
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 72

Post by DFaraday »

I'm helping out with a retreat until Sunday morning, so I'm not sure how much Internet access (if any) I'll have. I'm going to go ahead and *Vote Splints* now just to make sure I get a vote in.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Spacedaisy wrote:I am playing! There is no way I will catch up on all those posts so I am just going from here. But I need sleep right now. I'll be back tomorrow you lovely people!
You replaced Dreamy--- sorry I lacked an announcement.

ALSO There are still prizes for the taking in trivia! :feb:
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

S~V~S wrote:Welcome Daisy :)

I will be incredibly surprised if Ninja flips anything but good. I think there is some really clear evidence about what role she is.

I think voting for her is a really really bad idea.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

If I have to vote defensively to keep ninja alive, I'm likely to do so.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

That sounds like civ Golden to me.

So who would you say I should be looking at in your opinion Golden?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Spacedaisy wrote:That sounds like civ Golden to me.

So who would you say I should be looking at in your opinion Golden?
At this point, I feel like I have much more civ vibe than baddie vibes.

I think that is primarily because I've had to work hard and have basically spent my time keeping up with the thread and not reading back.

As things stand right now, DF is most likely to get my vote.

But if I get time before voting deadline, I really want to read back on some others who have taken heat - nutella, fingersplints, DF as well actually, probably some others. Especially what they had to say in the first 2-3 days of the game, before we started catching a whole lot of baddies.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

There were three players I was going to look at today. One was NK'd, and one was cleared from the table.

Well, I will take another look at voting records tomorrow. I was afraid that what I had introduced before was a little narrow-minded anyway.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Return to “Previous Jobs”