Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (End Game)

Moderator: Community Team

Game End!

Thank you
29%
for playing
20%
See you in number 5?
31%
aapje is too busy but he'll try to keep up....
11%
like every other time I make him play.
9%

Total votes: 45
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 177

Re: Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (Day 4)

Post by DrWilgy »

Black rock. Happy birthday. This next beer is to you! I just met you. But you. Are my frind.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

whoops :p :p
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 324

Post by Golden »

I miss drunk bea posts.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Bra get drunk with me
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

*bea
Image Image Image
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 161
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Golden wrote:I miss drunk bea posts.
lol -this whole time I've been drinking...just trying to be smarter about it. :p

also - did I mention it''s Black Rock's birthday!!! all hail black rock!!!!! :hug:
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Bea, just let go with it.
Image Image Image
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 126
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

bea wrote: all hail black rock!!!!! :hug:
Wait...BR is the Glow Cloud?! *mind esplodes*

Seriously, though. Happy birthday Black Rock!!!!
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 161
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

LoRab wrote:

You sound surprised lorab, TBH I'm surprised you didn't see this coming...

Br is the glow cloud ALL HAIL!!!
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Praise!! Someone tell me what the glow cloud is.

Sometimes I put a turtle shell on my back and crawl around my lawn saying "mer... Mer... Mer..." Then someone walks upto me and is all like "Yo wassup tutle" then I stand up and they are like "yo you arent a turtle!!

Happy birthday BR sempai
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Question. Does this mean we can think that the judge is neutral? Ending day early in a 12 player tie doesn't favor anyone. Just slows down game. End night so fast. Slows down game. They try sirvive until recruit yes?
Image Image Image
DharmaHelper
Posts in topic: 363

Post by DharmaHelper »

Also keeps everyone alive, so there is that. If whoever stopped the night was recruited, they would have probably either not done that, or waited to get their own kills in.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

You took that from my mouth. Were you recruited and are now actually playing DH?
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Nvm no night actions happened that was a dumb question
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Hosts would've said sumptin.

Roxyyyyyyyyyy!!!! High five!!
And I want a hug from you rey
SVS high fiiiiiiive!!!!
Image Image Image
DharmaHelper
Posts in topic: 363

Post by DharmaHelper »

DrWilgy wrote:You took that from my mouth. Were you recruited and are now actually playing DH?
I've been playing, I just haven't been playing how I usually play.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 297
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

So here's a look at all the Golden voters, and why they voted for him today (I apologize ahead of time, you may want to skim this post if you're in a rush):

SVS: said his meta and tone don't match his gameplay. Isn't even suspicious of him Day 1, saying that he wouldn't be a recruiter and even that his "odds of finishing the game as a civ or a neutral are somewhat higher than for most people."
S~V~S wrote:When the arguments in favor of lynching a specific person include picayune semantics like the use of but or because; or if they turn around fine points such as , did a person actually say something or was he just appearing to actually say something, sorry buckaroos, but I am not going there.

Unless Golden started out on someones short list, or is a recruiter himself, I don't see him applying for baddie positions in the various contests that the host is likely to have, based on prior experience with their games. I also think that, based on odds, he is as unlikley to have started out as a baddie recruiter as anyone else, 2 people out of 30ish? I know that if i was a baddie recruiter, I would not put Golden on an initial 3 person list because he has often said he strongly prefers being a civ, and I would not recruit someone who would be unhappy to be recruited, someone who would have preferred to be on another team. I know not everyone thinks like me, but I will assume that some do. So I think that the odds of Golden finishing the game as a civ or a neutral are somewhat higher than for most people. There are a lot of "ifs" in what I just said, and any of then could be wrong. The weakest link, imo, is the supposition that baddies would be less likley to recruit him. Perhaps if they were not as familiar with him as I am, or if they did not care about his preferences.

But for me, it is enough, and based on this I do not want to vote for Golden at this time.
On Day 2, 15 minutes after the results are in and Epi and Typh die, she immediately puts the :eye: on Golden:
S~V~S wrote:Who the fuck would kill Typhoony on Night One of his first game back in years?

Lame :(

And then Epi as well. Golden being ballsy or Golden being set up?
This is by no means accusatory, since it was well-noted that Golden didn't want Epi alive. DH even brought it up as well. Golden's explanation didn't help his case in SVS' eyes, either. She began to doubt his credibility:
S~V~S wrote:You unilaterally decided that you & he could not coexist, although no one else felt that way, and basically then bragged that YOU had solicited his death when he was NKed.

I have never seen this Golden. I played the very first game you played, and I was one of the people who watched, and understood, yur King Arthur sacrifice. But i have NO idea who is playing this game. None.
What happened next was a family controversy for years..Image
Votes for him on Day 2, following directly behind DH (who, btw voted Golden Day 2 on the basis of not waiting for Golden to turn around and make a martyr out of him just like Epi):
S~V~S wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:VOTE REGISTERED FOR GOLDEN I'm not sure I want to wait for him to consider it impossible for myself and he to be on the same team :P
Yeah, this. I find the whole nonchalance about the whole thing to be almost chilling, tbh. Everything else I have seen seems like a little ping next to it.

VOTING FOR GOLDEN
I'm not going to post the rest of her reads on Golden after that, because they were basically rehashing all of the same: He was acting out the character that she knew, and was very one-track minded in that regard. She rode him all the way to his death.

MP: The self-proclaimed cheerleader of Golden. Backs him up early on, stays out of the discussion on Day 1.
Day 2, he makes quite the statement in response to Golden's frustration:
MovingPictures07 wrote: Golden, I can 100% relate with you this game. This game has taken a ridiculous emotional toll on me as well, especially since this past weekend I had perhaps my biggest mental and emotional breakdown I've had in my entire PhD program tenure. Thankfully, today I've felt much more like my normal self.

I do NOT understand all of the Golden bashing and will do anything to keep him alive in this game, because I firmly believe Golden is a neutral and has been genuine with all of his thoughts this game.

I also see absolutely nothing wrong with his move against Epi, especially as someone who has been on the receiving end of his antics before. S~V~S and others, seriously try to put yourself in Golden's shoes, and then rethink his actions with an open mind. I don't see it as uncharacteristic at all. I NKed Epi in N1 of Economics, regardless of whether he was mafia, because I wanted him gone like Golden wanted Epi gone here. I can absolutely relate to Golden's feelings as he's expressed them.
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:I can definitely see how you (or anyone) would view Golden as a threat at this point. He basically stopped short of calling the Epignosis kill "a demonstration".
Well, I suppose you're right; I perhaps am not being understanding enough of the opposite perspective myself, but I'll still be very disappointed if Golden gets lynched and flips neutral (or, worse, civilian-aligned, but I would doubt that).
He lets us know that Golden is pretty neutral in the eyes of the Sock. And he stands by that. But a reminder a few posts later:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Now, does that mean I won't necessarily go after Golden later if I feel our interests no longer align? No fucking way. :feb:
Keeping that in mind, Night 2 rolls along:
MovingPictures07 wrote: I agree that it's bet at this stage for Golden to drop the Epi issue completely, but it doesn't help that others (rey and S~V~S and Boomslang, etc.) have been just as insistent on bringing it up over and over as well as Golden has.

Make fun of me as his cheerleader all you want (actually, please do, since it's hilarious), but I have been only defending Golden with the fervor that I've had because I feel accusations against him have been driven by mere fear mongering ("he did that to Epi? What if he does it to me?!?!?!!?"), which is a silly sentiment in my opinion given that the vast majority of players in this game still don't know what side they're going to end up on.
He reiterates that Golden should probably stop feeding the trolls, so to speak, since he isn't doing himself any favors. But never fear, because MP is here to be his staunch supporter. He brings up fear mongering. Maybe there's WMDs on Golden and we should probably invade Iraq- I MEAN...SORRY WRONG ANALYSIS.
*ahem* Anyway.
Lots of defending of Golden during Night 2, talking about Golden's frustrations in having to defend himself and subsequently reading Golden's thoughts as genuine. Then that subtle reminder again at the tail-end of Night 2:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
As to what Golden has playing, I'd say he's been playing a 100% survival-aligned neutral game. He's been under such heat for most of his tenure in this game that honestly I think he's been doing whatever he can to ensure that he doesn't die immediately. I don't think that's necessarily unreasonable at this stage, mainly because I've been reading all of his thoughts as genuine, because he's been able to articulate himself in a manner that I personally find believable. Therefore, I also believe that Golden is not actively seeking recruitment, and that he'd prefer to be a civilian. Of course, if this game will proceed how the prior games did, I could very well be advocating for his lynch, since it's entirely possible Golden and I will end up with opposing interests. I do not currently think we have opposing interests. I honestly wouldn't care about Golden as much as any other neutral if I felt players weren't exposing him to a ridiculously unbalanced amount of heat when compared to other players who should be examined as well.
The post after this, he reconfirms that Golden is neutral at worst. Knowing this, MP has given himself an out if he so chooses to vote Golden eventually. He says that he wouldn't give two shits about Golden if it weren't for the fact that he were unfairly scrutinized. But for right now, literally all of his posts after this echo his previous sentiment of trust in the Gold.

Then Day 3 rolls around. He's gone for most of the first half, then pops in to say:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Sorry guys, I've been super busy today, and will continue to do so. I should be around more to talk tomorrow (latter part of D3) than today, but even then I'll be swamped.

I'm voting Golden because he asked to be lynched and seems to really want out. :srsnod:
And 12 hours later:
MovingPictures07 wrote:I still think Golden needs to go so I'm still voting for him. :srsnod:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Death to self-voters!!!!!
Despite being his biggest defender all game, MP chooses an entirely new strategy to vote out someone he had previously read as genuine, trustworthy, and neutral at best. What could have changed in the night? :mafia:
His reasoning is entirely based on the self-vote. People that also self-voted before Golden: timmer, DisgruntledPorcupine, ME. But when Golden comes around to voting himself out of frustration, frustration that MP had vehemently backed up, it was time to vote his ass out.
MovingPictures07 wrote:My vote isn't lazy. I still have defended golden and still am. I am voting for him to put him out of his misery. The self vote stuff has been just to lighten the mood of the thread but yeah everyone hear knows how I feel about self votes. That doesn't mean I can't see Golden's frustration as genuine.
He has a strange dichotomy. He is "defending" Golden by voting him and putting him out of his misery, discounting his whole "self-voting" reason earlier in the day. So even though MP is certain Golden is neutral, he feels the Golden train is derailing the thread:
MovingPictures07 wrote:It's clear to me this golden discussion is completely derailing the thread and i can't wait for him to get the chance to tell all of you "told you so".

Linki at Jay, I've just changed my mind. :shrug: Golden's self vote, I've been there man. I've felt that emotion before. I'm just helping him move on.
The change of pace for MP has JJJ scratching his head. MP's responses are pure sarcastic WIFOM:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Jay, you really think so?
Why would I make my win condition change so apparent?
MovingPictures07 wrote:Well, fuck PhD work for a little bit, I can squeeze in a few more posts.

I see what's going on here. Well played, Jay and Rox.

Well, I'm absolutely bad. Go ahead and vote for me. Golden and I are baddie teammates. I'm 100% serious. I'm voting Golden because I've sloppily tried to bus him and you all caught me. Nice job!
So going back to what MP said in Day 2, where he said "Of course, if this game will proceed how the prior games did, I could very well be advocating for his lynch, since it's entirely possible Golden and I will end up with opposing interests." Makes one wonder if he has opposing interests.
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:Maybe MP's vote is being forced.
I deny this speculation, good sir, though I can see why you think such a 180 could be explained by an alien in my brain telling me what to do.

I really just am so sick of this talk around Golden; Golden obviously wants to die, what's the big deal?
Do you think he's bad?

Two other players have self-voted. What do you think of them?
I know he's bad. How about that?

Neither of those other two are on my team, so I don't know what I think of them, and I don't care. :feb:
Then MP does a complete 720 by saying that Golden is bad, which is countering everything he's said all game, with nothing to back it up. Before this, it was that Golden was neutral at worst, and he was just putting Golden out of his misery because he asked for it. But now, Golden is bad? It could be noted that MP was on a full "choo-choo" mode in babbling buffoonery, screaming himself silly about being mafia at this point. Caustic WIFOM. So this could just be jest, and he probably meant for it to be so, but it just seems out of place.

One of MP's last posts before the thread was locked was a much calmer MP, probably had his Oxycodone.
MovingPictures07 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:MP, now that you've found your sanity again for the moment, could you restate that you do indeed want Golden lynched because of his self-vote? If that's the case.
Ah, well, I suppose I can elaborate now since I've accomplished what I've wanted to with it.

I don't really want Golden lynched; I never did. Heat on Golden started to die (relatively, it still was definitely there), and if I recall correctly, the vote between him and rey was about tied when I voted. With the state of the thread the way it was, after rey's breakdown as well, I wanted to change up the direction of that specific conversation (Golden v. rey). I wanted to see how everyone would react to me flipping 180 and I specifically wanted to draw attention to how ridiculous I think many of the points and votes against Golden really are. The crusade against him has absolutely become a "GOLDEN MUST BE LYNCHED" train that has flown off the rails, intent to derail many other trains, merely because players are afraid at letting a potentially baddie Golden slip away.

I still firmly believe Golden is neutral.
He confesses that he never wanted Golden to be lynched, and voted for Golden specifically to draw attention to the ridiculousness of the point against Golden were. Followed by thinking that Golden is neutral.

So in summary, I have no idea why the hell MP voted Golden. The closest inference I can make, and to summarize his thinking: Golden was neutral in his mind, but MP saw that Golden's controversy was derailing the thread. So he voted for Golden, not wanting him to be lynched, but to prod the croaking detractors. In the end, he was one of the ones that did Golden in, whether he meant to or not.

Either way, his behavior in all of Day 3 was something to note. WIFOM could be exactly how he wants to play it, coming out so blatantly different than his previous self. Could he have been recruited? And if so, why would anyone recruit him? He's a sock. Why recruit a sock?

timmer: timmer has a surprisingly lower number of posts than I would expect at this point, but he pointed out his beef with Golden in Day 0!!
timmer wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
I also want to highlight this post because I feel it has some merit.

What do players think of BWT's post? bea's post?
I think several people - Golden, Epig, llama, BWT - are trying to act like they normally do but it is often coming across as false because we all know they are at least mostly likely still neutral. Golden's chit chat in prticular sounded like he was playing the part of civ Golden when in fact he likely isn't civ. BWT's posts feel a bit forced as well. llama's feel a bit more natural, as do Bea's, Epig's and SVS's, and yours.
He doubts Golden's credulity for sounding forced as a civ.
timmer wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:timmer, could you please reference something specific in Golden's content that you think is indicative of his falsely fulfilling his civilian meta?
It's more of a sense than anything, but Epig kind of nailed it with his colour coding. The fact is, any of us who have been a part of this group for a long time could have been chosen recruiters/team leaders, and made, in the moment, a decision in recruiting targets that goes completely against the grain of everything people think of us in terms of our gameplay. None of the players who have been around for a long time are so boring that they are blindingly predictable. Golden knows this. So his answer, which Epig coded, feels false. It's like, he's trying to have a discussion and show the different facets of how he would come to a decision when we all kind of know that those facets are weighed by everyone in that position. Golden, in short, made a lot of words string together to make it sound like he was saying something - in more real terms, he was playing the "part" of Civ Golden, which often works for him. But the odds are against him in fact being that.

But as for the lynch, I don't see how this makes Golden a lynch target. We all have to post our thoughts, and say things, and get through this awkward part of the game where we have abilities but no guiding purpose. A clan, but no team. It's a weird feeling, so really, if someone is participating and at least trying to contribute, even if it feels false, it's good enough for me for Day 1. I want this game to be legend, the series' cred demands it, and I'd rather vote for a lame-o non-poster than an active one for now.

@Bea, lol, I was caught off guard by that as well. :nicenod:
timmer admits that his suspicion of Golden is more of a "feeling"; he lays out that Golden is a smart thinker, and the way he was sharing his ideas sounded like a production. He even says "the odds are against him for being [civ]." Whatever that means. Meta, I guess?

But this isn't enough to vote for him Day 1. timmer wants to vote for a non-poster.
timmer wrote:Voted DF, but Golden is bugging me, I may switch to him.
Almost, but no vote for Golden today.

Then timmer goes camping for 3 days, and has just enough time to vote himself on Day 2.

On Day 3:
timmer wrote:So as I'm reading along, the endless back and forths regarding Golden and MP truck along. They haven't play out yet and I've got a lot of pages to go, but for now I will say that I don't see a problem with MP's game, I'm a fan of his thinking in this game. Golden's playing a sort of similar game, but he seems to be shying away from admitting that his stance on Epig was odd, even for this game. SVS keeps mentioning it, but he isn't directly addressing it, even as he says he is. I'm liking MP more than Golden. And SVS' game is topnotch.
timmer says Golden and MP are playing similar games, but whereas he likes MP's play (this is before MP turned into a spool of wool) he cites Golden's inability to admit that he was acting weird about Epi as a point against Golden. timmer's argument against Golden here is rather weak-sounding to me. It's like publicly shaming the kid at school with the weird hat because he has a weird hat and he won't admit that he has a weird hat.
timmer wrote:Okay, so I'm pretty well caught up.

I'm going to try to sum up all of my thoughts in one post.

First, any and all cases that revolve around people not playing like their normal ____ game are irrelevant to me. Whether SVS has seen "this" Golden before, for instance, is useless to my view of this game. We are all stuck in some part of a meta, where we are neutral, then some of us aren't neutral, and some were never neutral, but we are all choosing our own unique path to portray ourselves, and this format is rare thus there IS no meta to actually map out, from a reading perspective. No truth, no tea.

Second, since I'm apparently using RuPaul's Drag Race-isms, let's go with one more. The amount of shade being cast about in here is getting indeed toxic. It's not quite toxic yet, but it's getting there. Let's stop with the "ugh, just lynch me" crap. It's cheap, we're all better than this.

Third, unlike in a normal game, I don't mind at all the people who are suggesting that quieter players should get votes. Only a nutter would recruit from a pool of absentees, imo.

Fourth, the few people who are actually trying to make normal cases all get my thumbs up, and my appreciation, as doing as much as proven to be beyond me so far this game. I note SVS' and rye's thoughts on Golden (while I don't put as much weight on the "never seen this Golden before" stuff {see point #1}, I do appreciate her thoughts on his evasiveness, etc.), also Canuckle's point on Tiny Bubbles.

Fifth, where I'm still at a conundrum is that (and take this with whatever grain of salt you want, I recommend Kosher personally) I still have no team and thus I'm not sure which kind of case to get behind, as any of them could affect my future employer. For instance, Canuckle makes a very good point about TinyBubbles. She seems like she's recruited and unsure of how to act. But what if that's true but Tiny's team will be my team?

Finally, while my vote is on Golden, having said everything I just said, I'd appreciate it if someone could show me the logic in voting elsewhere. Golden's evasiveness has bugged me, but it's not exactly meaty. I'm not sure how to really rally behind the current cases due to my position in the game, so please, give me ideas of how to proceed that sound reasonable, and I may bite.

ETA: and yes, many :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:
timmer's last post has him pleading for more thoughts of other people, because even though he finds Golden the most "odd", he may not be deadset on Golden as the final vote.

His first point discounts looking at people suspiciously for not being their normal selves. While he suspected Golden, it wasn't because Golden wasn't himself, but because he just seemed "odd", whatever that means. The only thing backing that up is his read on Day 1 where he felt like Golden was putting on an act.

timmer's vote for Golden seemed rather lazy from his trip back. But it also lined up with earlier suspicions. So I'm not pointing fingers here. But I would like to hear more reads he might have of people, and not just safe, drive-by gut reads.

(And actually timmer, when you say "I don't mind at all the people who are suggesting that quieter players should get votes...Only a nutter would recruit from a pool of absentees", it sounds like you're making two contradicting statements from a civ-perspective. Why should we vote for quieter players if baddies are less likely to recruit them? Is that what you meant to say, or am I just reading it wrong?)

Devin: Devin is one of the lowest posters here. And he hasn't had too much to say besides the daunting task of getting caught up. He barely has anything to say about Golden.
Day 1 mention:
Devin the Omniscient wrote:
Golden wrote:After I'm gone, lynch epi please. Thanks.
I won't be voting for either of you.
He decides not to vote for Epi or Golden. I guess he wanted to steer clear of that drama?
Devin the Omniscient wrote:I'm going to go ahead and place my vote on bass to help MP out. To me he sounds like genuine, frustrated, overreacting, emotional, explosive, f u MP (Don't take any of these to heart buddy :hugs: ) and I'd hate to see him go out for it yet again. Also, I like Golden's "case" on bass. :parrotsmilie: ;)
He votes Bass Day 2, with the help of Golden's input. OK, no audible suspicion yet.
Devin the Omniscient wrote:Agreed. Voting Golden He is the subject/cause of 90% of my catch up.
Driveby vote Day 3. Even admits it. Voting Golden because Golden talks a lot.
He then lists reasons such as Golden's plea to be given a pass, seywaS' response and self-voting, SVS' accusation of the day being the "most emotionally manipulative day ever" and Boomslang's point that Golden was literally asking to be lynched.
Further:
Devin the Omniscient wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Devin the Omniscient wrote:Also, skimmed through 13 pages and saw nothing for the Boomslang votes. Please halp :(
Click on my post history and find the big ISO from today.
Much appreciated, although I'm not sure how I missed that one before :/

I get the arguments there, but I feel more comfortable with my vote being where it is.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Is Golden being such a distraction entirely his fault? What of the people forcing him into that position including Epignosis?
Who is forcing him into this position. He has been posting and acting the same way since the whole back and forth with Epi started, and I would argue that not even Epi "forced" him to behave that way. This is supposed to be a game, and when you start being emotionally manipulative, you've taken it too far.
Also, Golden had quite a bit more votes before voting for himself on 2 separate occasions during this day phase. That alone makes me feel great about my vote.
He says that Golden has been acting emotionally manipulative all game, and no one spurred that on. Plus Golden had votes on him before self-voting, which looked like a more suspicious situation.

Devin hasn't offered much to the party so far, and his explanation for the vote is a very simple one. Also very lazy.

Oof, I've been at this for too long, I need to take a break and go to bed. Hope to finish this up tomorrow with Boom, who I think just voted out of survival' sake (which in and of itself is funny because he voted himself as a joke and look where it got him) and reywaS, who was on Golden's ass like chocolate from Day 1, and never really left.

This whole post may be a wash, but I felt like looking at what led up to each person's vote. Dunno if it'll help anyone.

I do want to look into whether or not this was an intentional framing of Golden and who was helping with that knowledge. My bet right now is on SVS but I need to read more into reywas and Boom.

night all.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

bea wrote:
lol -this whole time I've been drinking...just trying to be smarter about it.
Bea... Why do you have to be smater about it? What are you hiding?
:ponder:
Image Image Image
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 126
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

bea wrote:
LoRab wrote:

You sound surprised lorab, TBH I'm surprised you didn't see this coming...

Br is the glow cloud ALL HAIL!!!
ALL HAIL!!!!!! And, yeah, that explains so much.

And it's a Welcome to Night Vale thing. I know Bea has been listening to it and couldn't resist the reference (because it is awesome and everyone should listen to it).
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 162
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Whoa, thread lock and then no night. :huh:

Disappointed in the lynch result. I think we could have caught a baddie in Boomslang, but the Golden wagon persisted. :suspish:
*registers vote for Boomslang* Let's hit the ground running on this brand new Day.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 458
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dropping a Boomslang vote and I gotta go.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 128

Post by Sorsha »

DrWilgy wrote:Wilgy clads himself in armor. The sun shines off his helmet blinding the crowd as he grabs his sword and shield. A cloud covers the sun and the reflection dissipates. The crowd can now see that Wilgy's sword and shield are both Golden*

Bring it on. Sorsha, I've had abit to drink tonight. Why don't you join me and tell me who framed Roger Rabit (Golden)?

Vote registered for Sorsha
Thats a good question Wilgy.. was it a frame or was it the result of a redirect (Ahriman), target switch (Master of Ancient Arts), switching three roles powers (Chaos Dancer) or a repel of kill to the Magnetarch?

Looks like Scotty has made a nice post about who may have framed Golden.

Do you think Golden was framed Wigly? And why did you vote for me? Also, what are your thoughts on the day ending early and no night?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 393

Post by Ricochet »

*soars back from the soundless depths in which he was thrown in*

Image @ whoever did this

in fact, I'll add another Image in addition to that

Farewell Golden, sad to see you lost the battle, but I'm sure we'll have songs about your risk-taking and rebutting in thy name.

Scotty mentioned something about Immolation in the Host Post? Can someone translate if there are any hints or subtleties in the text; right now, I can't decipher what Azura could be up to or any consequence besides Golden being lynched.

Quick decision to skip the Night from the Judge, feeling better about his action and timing now compared to his lottery move on D1 (except, of course, if he did it now for the WhyFoam). For RL purposes, I wouldn't have minded a 24-hour Night Phase ahead of having to plunge back into the Day game, because despite my sidelining, I still hardly manage to work on anything for the game, other than keep track and stuff.

I'll most likely be looking into Golden's voters / hunters, however dauting this task will be.

Does the tie between Boomslang and Golden basically tell us that Boomslang is not an Uzbek at this point? Except for WhyFoam, the lockdown looks like Ubzarg didn't give a shit which one of the two will get lynched. Was a third wagon even remotely on the rise, so that maybe he was seeking to put a stop to that? Maybe worth checking. Doesn't mean Boom can't get recruited in the future or can't be on Azura's side instead.

DrWilgy, except if some sort of shenanigan mechanics or "demands" compel you to do this, could you perhaps reconsider having a sock cover as your avatar? It is genuinely confusing, despite MP taking measures to contrast his original one to yours, and 90% of the time I just read past your posts thinking they belong to MP.

Happy birthday, BR! :biggrin:
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 255

Post by Bullzeye »

You know what's really annoying? Well I'll tell you! It's when you're putting together a post going over the day and some muppet locks the thread on you. You know what else is annoying? People using each other's avatars. What's going on with that, Wilgy? It's just adding unnecessary confusion.

I was probably gonna vote Boom yesterday partly because I agreed with a lot of the points made about him and also because I wanted to break the tie between him and Golden.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 279
It’s my birthday

Post by S~V~S »

Happy Birthday BR :hugs:

Golden I am terribly sorry. King Arthur all over again. Tonight I will pull the quote up and sig it for you. That said, I did not frame you.

Some people can't read the spoiler tage on their skin, and that post is too long to quote, so I will link it:

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... d7#p171628

I don't know the last time YOU framed someone, Scotty (or you, for that matter,too, Sorsha) but the last time I framed someone, I was their biggest defender in the thread. I avenged their death. I carefully avoided the thread when their biggest detractors were there. I watched them die and the point of the frame was not them being dead (although that was a bonus)~ the point was all the civvie cred I got by sticking up for them. Framing someone by killing their loudest opponent, and then attacking them for it is a losing maneouver, becasue, um, they were framed and everyone knows it, doh. This popped into my mind when someone came into the thread, I believe it was Sorsha, but not 100% sure, I will check when not on phone, and made that post about how she had not played for a while, and maybe her memory was faulty, but gee, when someone was framed, didn't their framers hound them most in the thread? Who WERE those people? :ponder: It popped into my head that the one being framed was ME, lol. But I blew that off, becasue I was really pretty sure :derp: Maybe I should not have, and maybe it was just a gut reaction i had to a passing remark, not unlike the reaction I had to Goldens post about Epis death.

I am looking forward to the comparing the reactions of all those who seemed to think an unrecruited Bass lynch was OK to THIS lynch. I really am. I am ready to call hypocrite if the rejoicing for Bass' death is replaced by dirges for Goldens. No one is sorrier for Goldens death than I, and I think he knows that knowing the history we have.

Linki~ yeah, I really wish Wilgy would stop using MPs avatar. It's disconcerting.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 155

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

DrWilgy wrote:Praise!! Someone tell me what the glow cloud is.

Sometimes I put a turtle shell on my back and crawl around my lawn saying "mer... Mer... Mer..." Then someone walks upto me and is all like "Yo wassup tutle" then I stand up and they are like "yo you arent a turtle!!

Happy birthday BR sempai
:haha:
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 240
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

Yay for no night boo to the death of yet another Neutral

Black Rock

For your pleasure or torment :)

;)
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 240
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

I hope people today will act more reasonable. For me yesterdays lynch was rather disturbing and I do not understand some of the way over the top antics that are being employed during this game. It is distracting and for me very unhelpful.

I want to hunt baddies - there have been recruits and there are recruiters. I am done hearing about how Neutrals can be bad. I am sorry but Neutrals are Neutrals. How can you be a bad Neutral? Makes no sense.

If you would like to discuss possible recruiters/recruitees then quote this and list your top two suspects that you feel fit the bill.
;)
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Roxy, who are your suspects right now?
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Catching up on the stats, for now

Team Azura recruited and Teams Caelia & Ahriman launched a contest D3, so, except a few of the night victims were recruits, I assume this is the standing right now, or?

Team Caelia - 4 players
Team Ahriman - 4 players
Team Ubzargan - 3 players...?
Team Azura - 4 players

16 players unrecruited

-----------------------------------------------

Rundown of the positions:

DAY / NIGHT 2 - Position 5. Bass got lynched, 10 to 7 vs. Golden. G-Man was killed by Uzblargh. No successful kill from the Executioner.
Ricochet wrote:
Immune to NK/Lynch (civ leader) Regular lynch and kill went through, so except from writing off G-Man as Caelia, no significant data to collect. Very small margin Executioner targeted Caelia?
Votes worth 3 (civ leader) Not enough to influence Bass' lynch.
Heal/Protect (mafia leader) no way to tell
Choose 3 people to force votes (mafia leader) signs that it happened D3
Position Switch [Sorcerer] no way to tell?
Blocks [Unaffiliated] no way to tell?
Competition [Warrior] no idea
Give a power [Brotherhood] (Power replacement) no way to tell?
Track BTSC [Children] ok
Lynch Switch [Guardian] no switch
Team Seemer [Sorcerer] not the case
Immolate [Sorcerer] :shrug:
Immune to Azura Kill [Guardian] of no use
Finds out a secret [Guardian] tell us, tell us
Saves ? life [Children] lover not threatened
Restart day [Children] did not restart
Silence [Warrior] Image
Message to role through host [Guardian] private, I assume
Choose 3 other players to protect, they start the next day with three votes each [Brotherhood] maybe a Children got protected? D3 vote manipulation affecting the lynch? no way to tell
Possible rezz [Guardian] not used
Power Corruption [Children] beats me
Lightning Picks an element, if Thunder picks the same element they both use that element’s power no way to tell
Thunder Picks an element, if Lightning picks the same element they both use that element’s power no way to tell
Kill a Children of Serenity [Warrior] unsuccessful / blocked
Bind two people [Sorcerer] no idea
Choose three players to receive gossip about, the gossip is not player specific. [Warrior] ok
Send a coded message to a player [Children] ok
Rogue Mercenary [Warrior] - Still no signs he was recruited so far.
Electromagnetic pulse removes half the votes from each player on the poll [Sorcerer] Even if it happened, Bass didn't manage to prevent his lynch
Knows who a Position 5 role targeted [Brotherhood] ok
(Speaker of Serenity) Message to the thread [Children] no message. does this strengthen the concept that his positions 2 to 5 are *Secrets*?
Become a shadow, you can’t be night targeted and all votes for you will not count [Warrior] - safe passage today
Punisher [Brotherhood] no way to tell? perhaps MP's behaviour D3? perhaps other forms of coercion?
If you are targeted at night both you and the role targeting you are affected [Guardian] no way to tell?
Select a number X. X random players will receive one additional vote against them this day phase. If any of these X players votes for you, their vote is worth double. [Sorcerer] didn't influence the lynch outcome
Stops Guardian Lynch [indy leader] not the case
DAY / NIGHT 3 - Position 3. Day lockdown, Golden got lynched, night was skipped with no powers taking effect. Bass confirmed as the Magnetarch and no longer in play since D2, otherwise all other roles must be taken in account.
Ricochet wrote:
Kill (learns role of person killed) [Children, civ leader] didn't happen
Choose 5 people to block [Brotherhood, civ leader] if Day power, who knows; if Night power, didn't happen
Thread Lock [Warrior, mafia leader] happen'd
Immune to NK/Lynch [Sorcerer, mafia leader] not the case
Silence [Sorcerer] didn't happen
Deflects every other vote [Unaffiliated] no way to tell / didn't impact
? [Warrior] ? indeed; if Night power, didn't happen
Power Stealer [Brotherhood] if Night power, didn't happen
Tracker [Children] didn't happen
Possible Rezz [Guardian] didn't happen
Every X vote is doubled [Sorcerer] no way to tell / didn't impact
Firetrap [Sorcerer] no sign of this
Immune to Caelia Kill [Guardian] not the case
Abduct a player [Guardian] if Night power, didn't happen
Has temp BTSC with ? [Children] if activated during the Night, didn't happen
End night early [Children] happen'd
Power Steal [Warrior] if Night power, didn't happen
Message to player through host [Guardian] didn't happen
Turns into a Dragon [Brotherhood] oh shit, we may never see a dragon if it's only a Night Power, because of the Judge :sigh:
If you die you will auto rezz [Guardian] did not die
Item give [Children] if Night power, didn't happen
Picks Player [Brotherhood] didn't happen?
Picks Alignment or Role Check (they both receive info) [Brotherhood] didn't happen
Kill a Brotherhood [Warrior] didn't happen
Pick a player, that player's target is put to sleep instead [Sorcerer] didn't happen
Choose three players to receive the same fate Day activated? who knows. if Night power, didn't happen
Look at the entries and results of a Recruitment Challenge didn't get to, if Night power

[Rogue Mercenary - Warrior Clan] nothing sure here, because lack of Night can't confirm it. do the Rogue's positions appear on the front page when activated?

Gets a vision of an upcoming post (whatever this means) if Night power, didn't happen)
Message to the thread (whatever it was) if Night power, didn't happen
Follow a player in the shadows and see who that player targets, affect the outcome. [Warrior] if Night power, didn't happen
Bandwagon police [Brotherhood] if Night power, didn't happen
If you get lynched you take one of your voters with you [Guardians] not the case
Choose a clan to get a random power from. You will gain a vote each time the player whose power you have used gains a vote on the following day cycle. [Sorcerer] day activated? who knows, might see effects toDay. if Night power, didn't activate
Guardian Alignment Check [Guardian, indy leader] didn't happen
and the preview for

DAY / NIGHT 4 - Position 2. Magnetarch and Lightning outed and taken off the list, all other roles need to be taken into account.

Heal/Protect [Children, civ leader]
Immune to NK/Lynch [Brotherhood, civ leader]
Lynch Switch [Warrior, mafia leader] what a field day for this guy: more lynch shenanigans, plus a Night Kill.
Chooses a player. Votes for her go to that player, and votes for that player go to her [Sorcerer, mafia leader]
Random Potion [Sorcerer]
Lie Detect [Unaffiliated]
The Hunger [Warrior] :puppy:
Role Block [Brotherhood]
Alignment Check [Children]
Protect [Guardian]
Random Redirects 4 night powers [Sorcerer]
Fireshield [Sorcerer] some sort of protection, I assume?
Immune to Ubzargan Kill [Guardian]
Remove a player from the poll [Guardian] nobody is off the poll toDay, so I assume it has to be a Night power for D5
Dies in the place of ? [Children]
Thread lock [Children] oh shit, another one
Parasite [Warrior] :puppy:
Message to clan through host [Guardian]
Picks 5 people for a negative vote [Brotherhood] Day activated or Night power
Dead power usage of lynched player [Guardian]
Item give [Children]
Picks Player [Brotherhood]
Kill a Guardian [Warrior]
Switch two players targets [Sorcerer]
Randomize three players, one is +2 votes, one is -2 votes, one votes = 0 [Warrior]
Discover the Epic Challenge of one role [Children] could be a good way to check facts / sort of lie detect and find out if some of the oddballers are genuine or bluffing

[Rogue Mercenary - Warrior Clan]

Knows who a Position 2 role targeted [Brotherhood]
Message to the thread [Brotherhood] or is it?
You may post in the thread as your role [Warrior]
Interrogation [Brotherhood]
Reflect powers back. The Avenger is not affected. [Guardian]
Your vote is worth double, but you also start the day with one extra vote. [Sorcerer]
Knows how many Guardians are alive [Guardian, indy leader]
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Roxy wrote:I hope people today will act more reasonable. For me yesterdays lynch was rather disturbing and I do not understand some of the way over the top antics that are being employed during this game. It is distracting and for me very unhelpful.

I want to hunt baddies - there have been recruits and there are recruiters. I am done hearing about how Neutrals can be bad. I am sorry but Neutrals are Neutrals. How can you be a bad Neutral? Makes no sense.

If you would like to discuss possible recruiters/recruitees then quote this and list your top two suspects that you feel fit the bill.
If the first paragraph was mainly about MP, then my personal impression of it is that his vote was forced (you'll notice his vote stayed on Golden) and then he decided to go batshit about it in sign of protest instead of having to adopt a more conventional tactic. It wasn't elegant, but he would have been in a much tighter spot making a serious case against Golden after treating him as genuine the past phases. Azura (or the punisher?) must have clearly taken advantage of this.

I'll think of the angle you're suggesting as well, in addition to scanning Golden's voters, but right now I don't feel I have strong leads as to who would be a recruiter/recruitee/recruit material.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 357
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Well, we lost Golden. I'm not at all surprised that he was unercruited.

The question of whether Azura voted for and seriously pursued Golden personally, or sat on the sidelines watching it happen not committing one way or the other, or defended him staunchly, is one inevitably covered with WIFOM. Anything is possible. One thing is clear to me, however: Azura (and the other mafia team, most likely, but Azura without a doubt at all) definitely took advantage of the heat surrounding Golden to distract from them. At least now that Golden is gone and clearly not mafia, we can move on properly from the situation. Nonetheless, it's clear to me that Azura was hiding behind Golden's body for sure, using him to distract the thread more than adequately, then disposing of him. It's interesting to me that there didn't appear to be any conceited effort to keep Golden around as a distraction, leading me to believe that it's possible Azura wanted to use Golden as a distraction and then dispose of him quickly because they feared him.

I think it's definitely good to eyeball those who went after Golden and examine them for perceived sincerity (or, otherwise, nefarious opportunism), but I think we need to keep in mind that there are plenty of other players as well that could have sinister intentions. I think it might have behooved Azura to stay out of the spotlight completely by behaving like a neutral who hasn't cared to baddie hunt just yet (a few players come to mind). While I also can see S~V~S's position of Azura staunchly defending Golden, I find it hard to believe that any more than 1 player on Azura's team likely took that stance, since it's clear that the team wanted Golden out of the way as soon as possible.

I'm at campus right now, just popping in right before I teach, so I'll elaborate upon my detailed thoughts later (don't have time to now). I also have that post I was crafting in response to Jay re: Boomslang and some responses from a proper catch-up of pages 60 or so onward I was working on simultaneously, but since I'm using my campus computer I currently do not have those. So I'll post those, as well as a response to Roxy's question above (which was a good one, I agree 100% with her that we need to focus the discussion on baddie hunting) when I have some time as well. Probably this evening, whenever I'm soonest available.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Sorry for the triple, but (linki: nvmd) here's a wild thought:

We know the Hosts are desperately searching for replacements and we know Russ asked for one. But his situation still hasn't been addressed for three Days now. I know it could be simply a case of keeping the role alive until a successful subbing will happen (are the Hosts usually adverse towards modkilling/DQ'ing?), but what if Russ was already recruited and is too valuable to a team to be cast aside (modkilled)?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 357
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Ricochet wrote:
Roxy wrote:I hope people today will act more reasonable. For me yesterdays lynch was rather disturbing and I do not understand some of the way over the top antics that are being employed during this game. It is distracting and for me very unhelpful.

If the first paragraph was mainly about MP, then my personal impression of it is that his vote was forced (you'll notice his vote stayed on Golden) and then he decided to go batshit about it in sign of protest instead of having to adopt a more conventional tactic. It wasn't elegant, but he would have been in a much tighter spot making a serious case against Golden after treating him as genuine the past phases. Azura (or the punisher?) must have clearly taken advantage of this.

I'll think of the angle you're suggesting as well, in addition to scanning Golden's voters, but right now I don't feel I have strong leads as to who would be a recruiter/recruitee/recruit material.
One more quick post before I go teach.

I was not forced, but I can completely understand your perspective here, Rico. I was cursing at my computer screen big time once I saw the thread was locked and hadn't moved my vote. I somehow forgot about the fact that the thread lock was still a thing, in that moment. :sigh:

That said, I think it might be worth speculating, when analyzing players' votes during D3, whether Azura would have forced players to vote for Golden, or do something else. It's clear that Azura had THREE forced votes at his disposal, which is quite the weapon. Something to keep in mind, particularly when looking at players who voted for Golden during D3.

What I would find interesting is a list of players who voted for Golden D2 but did NOT vote for him D3.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

MP, I think Azura forcing votes on Golden is perfectly compatible with the type of "wanting him gone from a distance" you bring up. Also, the more she targeted people who were undecided or opposed to a Golden lynch, the more effective her force would be.

I'm not asking for confirmation (you could only hint at it, after all, but not make any open statement), your reply is duly noted, but I'll also keep in mind my own interpretation. For one thing, this forced viewpoint puts you in a better light, because if you were actually genuine in your crazy cyan mode, that makes me feel worse 'bout you. :p I have a few other people in mind, as well. For a moment, I thought Golden himself was punished to vote himself, poor guy, but then he didn't stick to it, so his moments of defeatism looks to be confirmed genuine.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

vote registered for Boomslang

Comfortable placeholder. Sorry about last night.
Image Image Image
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 252

Post by thellama73 »

Can someone explain the case on Boomslang for me? I don't get it.

I sincerely doubt that S~V~S had nefarious motives for her pursuit of Golden. She seemed convinced to me, and unswayable in typical SVS fashion.

I think MP's whole Golden cheerleading followed by over the top Golden mourning feels fake, but I agree that it looks like his vote was forced. Doesn't mean he's not on the other baddie team though. Happy birthday, BR!
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

My current suspect list includes TinyBubbles, DharmaHelper, Unfurl, and to a lesser extent MP.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Oh yeah, and Lorab for wanting to lynch neutrals.

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Also I'm no longer a sock. Sorry bro...
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

llama, I stated my suspicion of Boomslang in a large ISO post. It's not far back in my post history. I can't easily reference it on my phone.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 181

Post by Black Rock »

Official Announcement

Synonym will be replacing Russtifinko effective immediately! He will not be able to be lynched today or targeted Night 4 as he catches up and joins the game.
ImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Ayyy! Welcome Synonym.
Image Image Image
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:llama, I stated my suspicion of Boomslang in a large ISO post. It's not far back in my post history. I can't easily reference it on my phone.
Thanks, JJJ. I read your case and think it has some merit, particularly the easy go-along-get-along nature of Boom's early posts. Still, I'm a little surprised to see so many people latch onto these relatively small things and vote for Boom yesterday. I know I'm not there yet.

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Welcome Synonym! I don't envy you're catch up.

Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

DrWilgy wrote:Ayyy! Welcome Synonym.
Oh thank goodness you changed your avatar. I got so confused on who was MP.
ImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

bea wrote:
lol -this whole time I've been drinking...just trying to be smarter about it. :p

also - did I mention it''s Black Rock's birthday!!! all hail black rock!!!!! :hug:
It's Bea's Birthday all hail Bea!!! :hug:

Thanks for the birthday wishes! You all have to behave today cause it's my bday.
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 472
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

bea wrote:I honestly think that everyone playing this game should take a second and wish Black Rock a happy birthday.

She chose to spend her birthday hosting us with her hubby rather than making him do something else.

dead or alive - it's east coast Black Rock's birthday!!!

after that, I'm willing to jump back into the game.
I agree! appy birthday Black Rock. I hope you have a very blacky rocky birthday. :yay:

Now, time to catch up.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Black Rock wrote:
Official Announcement

Synonym will be replacing Russtifinko effective immediately! He will not be able to be lynched today or targeted Night 4 as he catches up and joins the game.
Also, welcome aboard Synonym. Good to see you.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Marmot
Marmot

Re: Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (Day 1)

Post by Marmot »

Here's an updated list of player post links with Synonym included.

aapje - Posts
Bass_the_Clever - Posts
bea - Posts
birdwithteeth11 - Posts
Boomslang - Posts
Bullzeye - Posts
Canucklehead - Posts
Devin the Omniscient - Posts
DFaraday - Posts
DharmaHelper - Posts
DisgruntledPorcupine - Posts
Dom - Posts
DrWilgy - Posts
Epignosis - Posts
Golden - Posts
G-Man - Posts
JaggedJimmyJay - Posts
LoRab - Posts
Metalmarsh89 - Posts
MovingPictures07 - Posts
nutella - Posts
reywaS - Posts
Ricochet - Posts
Roxy - Posts
Russtifinko / Synonym - Posts / Posts
Scotty - Posts
Sorsha - Posts
Spacedaisy - Posts
S~V~S - Posts
thellama73 - Posts
timmer - Posts
TinyBubbles - Posts
Tranq - Posts
Turnip Head - Posts
Typhoony - Posts
unfurl - Posts

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Return to “Previous Jobs”