Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (End Game)

Moderator: Community Team

Game End!

Thank you
29%
for playing
20%
See you in number 5?
31%
aapje is too busy but he'll try to keep up....
11%
like every other time I make him play.
9%

Total votes: 45
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 155

Re: Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (Day 6)

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Votes llama
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 119

Post by timmer »

Oh, no no, you misunderstand me, I think. I have no idea if DH is to be trusted about you at ALL. But he's obviously being insistent and blundered about it. I see it two ways.

1. A civ DH would not do this to you unless he knew you were bad.
2. A baddie DH would do this to you for just about any reason he felt like.

I can't see one option being more likely, but at least your status would suggest likelihood in regards to him.
My siggie.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 279

Post by S~V~S »

Isn't that throwing the baby out with the bathwater?
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Ebwop, I mean, are you so concerned about DHs status that you would lynch someone just to *maybe* find out something about him?
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

S~V~S wrote:Isn't that throwing the baby out with the bathwater?
Like I said, I was liking your game and don't want to see you go, or Wilgy, for that matter. But my reasons for wanting you to stay are the same as my reasons for wanting Canuckle, DH and the others I've mentioned before to stay; you seem to be playing honest. But it's all alignment-neutral at the end of the day, and I'm well aware of that. We are all going to be recruited eventually, and I don't see you as the type to only apply for civviedom, so I cannot say that you, or Wilgy are really playing like civs. But just that you are playing in a style I'm digging. So no, I'd only call it the baby and the bath water if I had an alignment read on you and it matched my own eventual one.

i hope that makes sense?

ETA: No, again, I'm not advocating your lynch at all. I'd rather see TH go. I'd still like to see people move their votes in that direction, please.
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Sorry, TL, not TH. I'm doing four things at once.
My siggie.
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 128

Post by Sorsha »

timmer wrote:
Sorsha wrote:Ok, one of the players to vote for bubbles on day 4 when it didn't matter and then NOT vote for her on day 5 when it did matter is Timmer.
(Voted Golden day 3)

Now you think bubbles wasn’t on team Uzi? And that last line in this last post can pretty much apply to yourself. You are all over the place in regards to the bubbles lynch switch and the team uzi itself. These posts are literally only minutes apart.
@Sorsha, you make good points, actually. In regards to Bubbles, the reason you see a dichotomy is that I was combining my main thrust in the game (vote for people who seem disingenuous) with commentary on the game from the pov of those who are playing more traditionally. So basically, I was looking at it from two ways simultaneously.

In regards to this lynch, I'm curious to see how Wilgy shakes out if he gets lynched. I've kind of given him a pass because he fits my group of people who seem to be playing in a genuine way. I'd also like to point out that while I am also giving SVS a pass for the same reason, DH's continued insistence about her makes me wonder if perhaps an SVS lynch would be an informative move. If she flipped unrecruited, I would declare that DH is a baddie. If, however, she flipped baddie, it would bolster DH's credentials. It would potentially bust the game open.

So I'm happy either way, is my point.
Thanks for your reply. I'm not sue how much it will change my overall pov on you but for today you won't get my vote.

I echo your feelings in your second paragraph. I'll wait and see how the conversation between you and svs plays out.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

timmer wrote:Oh, no no, you misunderstand me, I think. I have no idea if DH is to be trusted about you at ALL. But he's obviously being insistent and blundered about it. I see it two ways.

I can't see one option being more likely, but at least your status would suggest likelihood in regards to him.
But he has done it to me as a civ. That was why I mentioned Gotham. I just wanted to make sure you were not implying that you thought he had info. Becasue he can't, but even if it were possible, DH would not do the whole "wink wink nudge nudge" info thing. This is a gut read, which i respect, since this is how I play as well. Although I think he maybe needs some maalox, his gut is off .
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 177

Re: Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (Day 5)

Post by DrWilgy »

Scotty wrote:I'm keeping my vote on Wilgy, since I'm still not satisfied with his responses. Like this one:
DrWilgy wrote: So, go ahead and inquiry away my friend! I don't appreciate inquiry on things I've stated previous :( It never made sense for TB to kill Unfurl. That was the premise of my argument. Killing of Unfurl happened between these two posts. Being OK with the TinyBubbles lynch was indifference. I had no strong reads on her, positive or negative.
:haha:
How is this unsatisfactory? Do tell? If you want me to explain my indifference, It's because I hadn't looked into her at the time. I stated that the players of interest were Dom, SVS, Unfurl, and Boomslang. I didn't have any real interest outside of that and voted for SVS, but I wasn't willing to protect TinyBubbles at the time.

I have a question for everyone that thinks I'm dirty. Why did I not defend TinyBubbles the first time she was up to be lynched if she was on my team? If I planned to defend her as hard as I did day 4, why wouldn't I set up for that day 5? Why didn't I defend her day 4? What sense does that make going all out as I did?

I still admit that I flubbed, I suppose if I die for this you'll at least be able to believe me after I flip. After me, please lynch SVS, Llama, possibly Tranq and bea. I still believe I wasn't wrong about my day 5 recruitment theory, but I suppose that's my ego at work. Also, I'm still confused about Sorsha. I wanted to but didn't have time to look into Rico's death. It'd be sly as hell though, if a baddie killed his own teammate and then used another teammate to rez him and somewhat clear him.
Wilgy looks at his friends, gives MM a hug, puts a coin into the kiddie ride in the mall, and hops on board yelling "weeeee!" Everyone is still confused about what to do with Wilgy.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DharmaHelper
Posts in topic: 363

Post by DharmaHelper »

S~V~S wrote:
timmer wrote:Oh, no no, you misunderstand me, I think. I have no idea if DH is to be trusted about you at ALL. But he's obviously being insistent and blundered about it. I see it two ways.

But he has done it to me as a civ. That was why I mentioned Gotham. I just wanted to make sure you were not implying that you thought he had info. Becasue he can't, but even if it were possible, DH would not do the whole "wink wink nudge nudge" info thing. This is a gut read, which i respect, since this is how I play as well. Although I think he maybe needs some maalox, his gut is off .
I refer you to RMIII, wherein my gut destroyed a majority of the baddies and nobody would listen to me.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

And you were very awesome, but you still misread me as a civ in Gotham. I was mainly using that to keep Timmer from thinking you were bad if I turn up not bad, though.

I still think maybe you need some Pepto in this game.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

DharmaHelper wrote:
S~V~S wrote:

I refer you to RMIII, wherein my gut destroyed a majority of the baddies and nobody would listen to me.
Hmm, this long history muddies everything. So he's pushed this hard against you as a civ on nothing but gut, and been wrong, but he's also done this and been right. Admittedly, this is too complicated for me to be throwing generalizations around, I guess.

How about we just lynch TL?
My siggie.
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 126
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Today was only a 10 hour work day!!! Yay for "short" day!

A few thoughts, then responses. I find it fascinating that synonym goes from I'm new here to nothing for 6 days, to I don't really understand the game. And then, 12 hours later, to make 4 posts within an hour on SVS. With some caveats of--well, I could be wrong and it could be nothing...I don't really know her and haven't played with her, so I could be off base, but this is what I see from baddies. His accusations ring false to me, and it seems odd to me to go from zero to fangs out. I also believe that baddies who replace in often use the time they can to avoid being caught up while they catch up in BTSC. My eyeball is moving towards synonym's direction.

And the Wilgy stuff makes sense to me--he does seem to have defended bubbles and his style has had something about it, regardless, that feels off. I was writing it off in my mind as a player I'm not used to. But, perhaps it's because he's just not civ.

Also, I don't suspect SVS. I am not seeing her baddie game here. And while she has snowed me before, I really don't think that is the case this time around.
Ricochet wrote: 10) LoRab, you've gone back to TH, but do you have any other opinions, suspicions apart from him and me? It's D6, the bad teams are at a standard size; the field is also down to a standard full-game size. Your nod to SVS's case on Bullzeye is pretty mellow, almost as if to tell the thread that you're receptive to others, but not much more than that.

Also, as a general side-note, although this should probably be saved for post-game, I cannot express how much I dislike the "placeholding" vote tactic. Changeable votes are supposed to influence the course of a Day phase, in a way - they can be placed to influence, fish out reactions, shape discussion, make a temporary but clear stand and so on. Parking votes just because of how big the field of players is and unwillingness (or laziness?) to check (or open a separate tab with) "View results" doesn't fit into any of those categories.
I never moved my suspicion away from TH. I just started to suspect you more. And I tend to tunnel a bit in mafia, and hang on to the suspicions I have. I also like to play my cards close. So, yes, I have other thoughts. But my main suspicions have been shared.

And it was not a place holder entirely--I also suspected him. The ability to vote early without having to worry about wanting to vote a different way later is kind of a whole new world for me (and many players here). It has nothing to do with how big the field is or laziness. It's more playing with a new toy and figuring out how it works. And, in my case, I have not voted for someone I didn't want to vote for early. But, the majority of players here are figuring out how to use the early vote strategically, I think--I also wouldn't sell short the ability of said players to use this ability to their advantage. Even if seemingly "place voting."

And I didn't put that in green because it is not off topic. I don't think your green is off topic either, tbh.
thellama73 wrote:I'm not going to be around too much tonight. I'm watching Mary Poppins with friends. Of the people who have votes, I am mosts suspicious of Bullzeye and TH, so I'll hold my vote for now in case I need to save myself.
Is that a euphemism for something, or are you actually watching Mary Poppins? Because, I'm not sure which is more awesome. And I think I'm going to start using "watching Mary Poppins" all the time when I want to be ambiguous about my activities. Also, it's a great movie.
Boomslang wrote:Well, I think I'm going to vote Dr Wilgy. I feel like I made some good points on him, I feel vindicated by llama's own suspicion, and I saw him creeping around last night without addressing any of the arguments made against him. *votes Dr Wilgy*

With that out of the way, I want to say TH's vote for me feels really lazy, and I'm frankly annoyed by it.
Turnip Head wrote:
If you're interested, check out his posts - I didn't even read all 35 (!?) of them, I started at Day 4 with his first (and only) mention of Bubbles and worked up to the present.

Any case I make would essentially just be quoting his Day 4 - present posts and summarizing them.
First, with that sly little (!?), he's criticizing the number of my posts and not their content/quality. I could easily add another 30 to 40 posts, TH, if (like you) I included OT jokes and RIPs after every lynch/NK. Second, and more importantly, quoting and summarizing my posts is not making a case. A case involves interpretation or analysis. You take your suspicions as self-evident, and that shouldn't be acceptable in this game.

Addressing Bullz:
1. I admit that the "am I bad or just stupid" quip sounds bad. Honestly, I was just frustrated at that point by dealing with what I regarded as irrelevant logical minutiae, and you have to read that quote in the context of the whole discussion, where JJJ is picking more nits than a pack of chimpanzees.
2. My Lorab vote was weak, but not entirely throwaway. I hadn't had time to consider the TinyBubbles case, and I had given time to the Lorab/Rico thing. What pinged me most was the abrupt switch of Lorab's target from TH to Rico and the way she seemed to be targeting playstyle instead of more concrete evidence. My vote was an attempt to bring attention to those points.
I didn't switch my suspicion, I started to suspect someone else more when that player posted something that was, to me, suspicious. And, yes, I do look at style and tone and language and posts more than "concrete" evidence. In my experience, it's a more accurate way to find baddies. Statistics are much more easily manipulated.
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 297
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Re: Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (Day 5)

Post by Scotty »

DrWilgy wrote:
Scotty wrote:I'm keeping my vote on Wilgy, since I'm still not satisfied with his responses. Like this one:
DrWilgy wrote: So, go ahead and inquiry away my friend! I don't appreciate inquiry on things I've stated previous :( It never made sense for TB to kill Unfurl. That was the premise of my argument. Killing of Unfurl happened between these two posts. Being OK with the TinyBubbles lynch was indifference. I had no strong reads on her, positive or negative.
How is this unsatisfactory? Do tell? If you want me to explain my indifference, It's because I hadn't looked into her at the time. I stated that the players of interest were Dom, SVS, Unfurl, and Boomslang. I didn't have any real interest outside of that and voted for SVS, but I wasn't willing to protect TinyBubbles at the time.

I have a question for everyone that thinks I'm dirty. Why did I not defend TinyBubbles the first time she was up to be lynched if she was on my team? If I planned to defend her as hard as I did day 4, why wouldn't I set up for that day 5? Why didn't I defend her day 4? What sense does that make going all out as I did?

I still admit that I flubbed, I suppose if I die for this you'll at least be able to believe me after I flip. After me, please lynch SVS, Llama, possibly Tranq and bea. I still believe I wasn't wrong about my day 5 recruitment theory, but I suppose that's my ego at work. Also, I'm still confused about Sorsha. I wanted to but didn't have time to look into Rico's death. It'd be sly as hell though, if a baddie killed his own teammate and then used another teammate to rez him and somewhat clear him.
Wilgy looks at his friends, gives MM a hug, puts a coin into the kiddie ride in the mall, and hops on board yelling "weeeee!" Everyone is still confused about what to do with Wilgy.
You've been confused about her since Day 4. She hasn't pushed that argument you guy had at all.

If you are scum, I want Sorsha gone next.
Sorsha wrote:
Scotty wrote:Hey Sorsha, what do you think of DrWilgy right now? I mean, you guys did have a spat that ended very abruptly if I recall in Day 4.
He did seem to have a shift a few days ago in his play style. Like he suddenly became more serious about it. Not really seeing him as bad yet though.

Have you played mafia with him before on other forums?
You don't think that's...fishy at all??? How he just backed off you and is STILL confused about how to feel about you?

Yeah, I've played with him twice, and I don't remember my first time since I was NK'd on day 1, but this last time he was scum.

There are slight differences I'm seeing from him in his posting this game from that last game, but at the same time everyone starting out as a neutral party has many people playing conservative/liberally/defensively/differently. So that's not the best gambit to judge a person's alignment.

What makes me believe he was recruited was his general change in content from the early days to recently.

Wilgy, for the record, if you flip civ or unrecruited, I apologize profusely and take full credit for mislynching you.
I just don't think that is the case right here.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

Seems awfully strange that all this anti-wilgy is coming up after he turned his suspicions on svs. :ponder:

If svs comes up bad I'd say the same about you Scotty. You should go next.

Voting svs
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

What?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Sorsha wrote:Seems awfully strange that all this anti-wilgy is coming up after he turned his suspicions on svs. :ponder:

Voting svs
This motha trucka right here yall.

ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I thought all the anti-Wilgy came up after he spent days defending Bubbles. Wow.
reywaS
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 239

Post by reywaS »

Ok, I feel like I've caught up enough.

I voted DrWilgy because I don't like the votes on S~V~S and llama. They both feel civ to me, and in fact I agree with S~V~S post on Bullzeye talking about how he's been around plenty but didn't have any solid opinions on anyone. Then bullz got kind of defensive and then maybe went a little overboard trying to make up for his previous lack of opinion. Bullz definitely came off as baddie to me in that exchange.
Some day, Some day
Some day I'll, I wanna wear a starry crown
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Sorsha wrote:Seems awfully strange that all this anti-wilgy is coming up after he turned his suspicions on svs. :ponder:

Voting svs
I'll take the NO U.

Listen.

If Wilgy comes up as non-baddie, I think there is a lot of validity in the SVS argument, and I'm not averse to voting her tomorrow.

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Well, I am, but OK lol.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

reywaS wrote:Ok, I feel like I've caught up enough.

I voted DrWilgy because I don't like the votes on S~V~S and llama. They both feel civ to me, and in fact I agree with S~V~S post on Bullzeye talking about how he's been around plenty but didn't have any solid opinions on anyone. Then bullz got kind of defensive and then maybe went a little overboard trying to make up for his previous lack of opinion. Bullz definitely came off as baddie to me in that exchange.
You're a dingus for not listening to me. You played RM III for crying out loud.

ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

He also played Gotham.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 162
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Huh I'm not really feeling any of these cases super strongly over each other. I'm pretty equally ambivalent about DrWilgy, SVS, and Llama. Someone convince me in the next 20 minutes :p
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

You should vote for DH becasue he called someone a *dingus*
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 162
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

DrWilgy seems to be using the defense of "why wouldn't I have defended Bubbles earlier" which sounds to me like the obvious set-up defense in the case that Bubbles was only recently recruited. There's a lot of WIFOMy stuff going on with regards to his defense of Bubbles but now that I'm actually looking at his posts I think it's enough for me to *vote DrWilgy*
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

nutella wrote:DrWilgy seems to be using the defense of "why wouldn't I have defended Bubbles earlier" which sounds to me like the obvious set-up defense in the case that Bubbles was only recently recruited. There's a lot of WIFOMy stuff going on with regards to his defense of Bubbles but now that I'm actually looking at his posts I think it's enough for me to *vote DrWilgy*
:keys: Can you give me the mercy of making my second to last game ever count as a victory and lynch actual baddies who are bad please

ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

For gut inflammations of every kind :)
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 269
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

lol
reywaS
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 239

Post by reywaS »

DharmaHelper wrote:
reywaS wrote:Ok, I feel like I've caught up enough.

You're a dingus for not listening to me. You played RM III for crying out loud.
Some day, Some day
Some day I'll, I wanna wear a starry crown
DrWilgy
Posts in topic: 177

Post by DrWilgy »

nutella wrote:DrWilgy seems to be using the defense of "why wouldn't I have defended Bubbles earlier" which sounds to me like the obvious set-up defense in the case that Bubbles was only recently recruited. There's a lot of WIFOMy stuff going on with regards to his defense of Bubbles but now that I'm actually looking at his posts I think it's enough for me to *vote DrWilgy*
I still don't know what WIFOM is :D
If Bubbles was only recently recruited that'd make my theory on day 5 recruitment correct yes? at least I'm right here.

Honestly I'm kinda sad, but it is what it is. I flubbed everyone. I'm sorry.
Scotty wrote:Wilgy, for the record, if you flip civ or unrecruited, I apologize profusely and take full credit for mislynching you.
You better! Take care of everyone for me, OK Scotty? Avenge me, and avenge Unfurl for me. It was fun while it lasted. Keep an eye on MM for me, he is a good friend. It's sad I gotta leave him behind again. 15 min left... One last greentext :)

Wilgy sees his friends standing before him. He smiles and apologizes one by one to each and everyone of them. He hands them each a sealed note. He hands BWT his penguin suit, BWT realizes who the penguin was the other day, but can do nothing other than stand there in awe. Wilgy picks up his backpack and heads for the front door. He smiles as he looks back one final time, waving with a backwards hand. He looks forward, drops his hand and walks into the distance.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 126
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

DrWilgy wrote:
I still don't know what WIFOM is :D
If Bubbles was only recently recruited that'd make my theory on day 5 recruitment correct yes? at least I'm right here.

Honestly I'm kinda sad, but it is what it is. I flubbed everyone. I'm sorry.
Scotty wrote:Wilgy, for the record, if you flip civ or unrecruited, I apologize profusely and take full credit for mislynching you.
You better! Take care of everyone for me, OK Scotty? Avenge me, and avenge Unfurl for me. It was fun while it lasted. Keep an eye on MM for me, he is a good friend. It's sad I gotta leave him behind again. 15 min left... One last greentext :)

Wilgy sees his friends standing before him. He smiles and apologizes one by one to each and everyone of them. He hands them each a sealed note. He hands BWT his penguin suit, BWT realizes who the penguin was the other day, but can do nothing other than stand there in awe. Wilgy picks up his backpack and heads for the front door. He smiles as he looks back one final time, waving with a backwards hand. He looks forward, drops his hand and walks into the distance.
Switched to wilgy (whose name I keep thinking is wiggly) because this post tipped the scales. You are not new to this game, and I find it hard to believe that you don't know what WIFOM is--I don't believe that is a unique term to our mafia culture. It stands for The Wine in Front of Me, a Princess Bride reference. It means that a baddie is posting something as if to say, "why would I ever do XYZ? I would never do that as a baddie!" when that's exactly what they've done.

I find it hard to believe that on page one hundred something, no one has explained that to someone who asked. If you did ask, then I missed the question. But, if you "still" don't know, then I'd think that you would have asked it again.

And yeah...the whole tone of this seems bad to me.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I'll take, oddly flimsy reasons to suspect someone Day 6 for 200 Alex.

ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I am SO expecting shenanigans after the drama/nobility of that last Wilgy post. And i swear on a stack of esoteric texts that I bring no shenanigans myself :noble:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

DharmaHelper wrote:I'll take, oddly flimsy reasons to suspect someone Day 6 for 200 Alex.
your favorite category :ninja:
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I for one am going to miss Wilgy and all his eccentricities. I feel like he's getting lynched because he was wrong about Bubbles. I doubt he'd defend a teammate like that, but I've been wrong about that kind of thing before, so what do I know :shrug:
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 121

Post by Canucklehead »

I missed it. :(
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

Improbably would've voted for Wilgy, but mostly because the SVS case and the llama case weren't working for me. I agree with LoRab that I'm not seeing Bad SVS here, and my impression is bolstered by LoRabs read of her as not bad. I agree with Tranq that Daisys case on llama doesn't make much sense for what I know of llama as a player. I didn't like bwt's easy hop onto the llama bus, either
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

That should say "I probably" not "improbably", which should make the whole post make a helluva lot more sense. :lol:
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

Well for my own sake I hope you come back civ or unrecruited. Anyway it goes though you are a ton of fun dr wilgy and I hope you play again!
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 252

Post by thellama73 »

DrWilgy wrote:
thellama73 wrote:I'm starting to wonder about DrWilgy. I haven't played with him before and up to now he's escaped my notice, but he begged us not to vote for TinyBubbles, and his vote for SVS is based on disagreeing with her logic, not genuine suspicion.
Woah, hold up! Wilgy holds up a big stop sign, Jack black can be seen in the distance pointing at it. Disagreements in logic isn't genuine suspicion? Logic doesn't lead to genuine suspicion? Genuine suspicion isn't caused by logic? Wat? If there's something you don't understand quote me for it, but this makes absolutely no sense Llama.
I used to lynch a lot of players because their logic didn't make sense to me. I lynched a lot of civvies that way. Being illogical is not the same, or even correlated to, being bad. I would think you would know that.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 108
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (Day 6 Lynch)

Post by Long Con »

Terras' Judgment

The Guardians of the Lifeforce preferred to live in forested areas, close to the trees and rivers of the natural world. Finding the large swaths of forest that had been burnt or broken by rampaging monsters and armies had forced them to close their borders and protect them militarily. Any outsiders were brought in for judgment, and sometimes executed.

And so it was with DharmaHelper, flanked by two golden-helmeted guards, he was brought before Terras, Bastion of Hope. "We found this one entering the forest at Seaforth, my liege."

Terras looked at DH, and DH met Terras' gaze without any outward sign of nervousness. Terras thought for a second longer before nodding and making a short, sweeping hand gesture.

"Let this one go. We'll not be killing him today."

DharmaHelper was not lynched. It is now Night 6.
DharmaHelper

Re: Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (Night 6)

Post by DharmaHelper »

I beg your fucking pardon?

ImageImage
ImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 181

Post by Black Rock »

Public Announcement

For those who don't know, I work a lot. This weekend I have my food trailer at a fair. The fair starts tomorrow through Monday. Fortunately it is our own home town fair so it's like 5 minutes away. Unfortunately I will still be working between the hours of 8 am and midnight. We will try to get everything done for the night asap. This night should be the only one suffering this weekend. The fair ends much earlier for the lynch period. Thank you for still loving us and our game. I expect all my little paw.. I mean players to behave while we have our backs turned.
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 458
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

JJJ awakens, one cheek pressed against the carpet, a pool of drool seeping into the fabric. He struggles to sit up and attempts to survey his surroundings. Everything is still blurry, and he has a pounding headache. He notes a small shard of glass nearby and another next to it -- he follows the trail to a broken bottle with what must be his own blood encrusted on the jagged edge.

WTF?
S~V~S wrote:I am SO expecting shenanigans after the drama/nobility of that last Wilgy post. And i swear on a stack of esoteric texts that I bring no shenanigans myself :noble:
What about DrWilgy's post made you suspect shenanigans would be afoot?
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

*runs off to find all those posts that made his left eyeball tweak so hard*
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

This game is cray cray
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

thellama73 wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
thellama73 wrote:I'm starting to wonder about DrWilgy. I haven't played with him before and up to now he's escaped my notice, but he begged us not to vote for TinyBubbles, and his vote for SVS is based on disagreeing with her logic, not genuine suspicion.
Woah, hold up! Wilgy holds up a big stop sign, Jack black can be seen in the distance pointing at it. Disagreements in logic isn't genuine suspicion? Logic doesn't lead to genuine suspicion? Genuine suspicion isn't caused by logic? Wat? If there's something you don't understand quote me for it, but this makes absolutely no sense Llama.
I used to lynch a lot of players because their logic didn't make sense to me. I lynched a lot of civvies that way. Being illogical is not the same, or even correlated to, being bad. I would think you would know that.
I half-agree that bad logic isn't necessarily indicative that a player is bad. I do question though whether you can fairly expect DrWilgy to "know" something (something I think isn't actually an objective truth anyway) that you have just admitted to not knowing yourself at one point in your tenure as a Mafia player.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

What.
DharmaHelper wrote:I beg your fucking pardon?

But seriously, what?

I know LC said previously not to read into the night posts, but I don't think it would be wrong to assume DH is a guardian from this random ass lynch switch, is it?

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Looks like the Druidic Elder had some other plans for Wilgy today...

I hope you know what you are doing, Elder Cunningham. If not, you be turnt.

I also don't think Druidic Elder would have a reason to switch the lynch unless he knew the alignment of Wilgy and/or is on Wilgy's team.

Return to “Previous Jobs”