Host/non
72%

Total votes: 18
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 342

Re: Mafia: A World Reborn Game Thread - Day 12

Post by Matt »

It means don't listen to anything I've said about the Spirit Oracle. Like you're on a jury, and you have to dismiss that evidence.
Image Image Image Image
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 491

Post by Golden »

Matt wrote:It means don't listen to anything I've said about the Spirit Oracle. Like you're on a jury, and you have to dismiss that evidence.
OK, so unlike me you didn't check with the host before posting stuff :p

Nevertheless, even putting all your spirit oracle stuff aside...

Do you still feel positive that remaining in your current square is the right move for the town?
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Golden wrote:
Matt wrote:It means don't listen to anything I've said about the Spirit Oracle. Like you're on a jury, and you have to dismiss that evidence.
OK, so unlike me you didn't check with the host before posting stuff :p

Nevertheless, even putting all your spirit oracle stuff aside...

Do you still feel positive that remaining in your current square is the right move for the town?
No not like you at all. Just saying pay no mind to anything related to Spirit Oracle or Paradise Meadows. I was off on a bender, drinkin' the kool aid etc etc. Smokin' that reefer does crazy things to a guys mind, I tell you!

That being said, I have no answer to your other question.
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

I think by manufacturing stories from thin air to save myself, I should vote myself this period. So disappointed in me. :puppy:
Image Image Image Image
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 185

Post by Draconus »

Lol. I can positively say that the Oracle and Meadows have not swayed my already somewhat neutral view of Matt.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 293

Post by S~V~S »

The more I read, the more I think I was possibly wrong about Matt the other day. I think TH is more of a core baddie, and Dom more of a peripheral one, so at this point I am voting for TH. I think the Lich is a baddie, and I think the Lich saved him.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 337

Post by Dom »

Matt wrote:
But yeah, let's worry about Lorab for later. Lynch Dom. "Vague instructions"...Dom, do you call specific coordinates vague instructions? :haha:
No.
No.
No.
I told you where I last knew where the item was. I disclaimed that anyone could have taken it and moved it. I NEVER asked you to get it because I NEVER wanted YOU to do it.
You are a liar.
Matt wrote:Oh, my bad.

Well anyway, just trying to clear my good name. Guess it won't happen that way.

Again, Dom, please elaborate on how specific coordinates are vague instructions. :haha:
How many times are you going to ask me before you realize that I don't sit at a computer all day?
Matt wrote:Oh shit. Golden, I just realized. You have no idea who Dom is do you? You thought he was the Spirit Oracle?

Dude, I can think of why his NK failed and believe it or not, this theory goes back to the one I had about Bullz surviving his own teams NKs cuz he had a protect. I won't elaborate, because unlike Dom I don't want to completely give away Dom's role, but...

Dude, do you not know who Dom is?

Linki - Drac, Tranq, yes that would be wonderful if you voted TH over me. However, I'm telling you, it's almost crunch time. I know I'm civ and I know now that Dom is completely lying about everything, so he is probably a better bet.

Buuuut, and no offense Turnip, Turnip is a fine option over me as well. :beer:
I know-- it's weird that someone tried to have an ounce of subtlety when it came to referencing another player's role-- you wouldn't know anything about that, so it must be hard for you to process.
Matt wrote:
Who cares who tried to kill him?

Scenario 1 off the top of my head - The team who tried to kill him didn't have anyone else to target, so they were like eff it, let's do this and save some face.

That's just off the top of my head.

But yeah, I can see why you're confused.

Let me ask you a question, Golden, do you consider specific coordinates to be "vague instructions" and if so, how do you come to that conclusion? Still waiting for Dom to answer that one :mafia:
FIRST of all you don't think it matters who tried to kill me? I do.

SECOND of all there's no way there was no one else for the baddies to target that night because I had BTSC with someone that night.

THIRD of all YOU ASKED ME THAT FUCKING QUESTION THREE TIMES IN A FEW HOURS WHEN I WAS AT CLASS AND I CANNOT STAND HOW YOU ACT LIKE I IGNORED YOU. STOP.
Matt wrote:Lorab, just in case there is a lie detect, can you repeat that sentence about Wilgy with the correct spelling?

Lorab - If you and others get me lynched and turn up civvie, and here I've been all day telling you that Dom is a liar liar pants on fire, will you be looking at him next? Let me ask you, Lorab, do you consider specific coordinates "vague instructions", and if so, how did you come to that conclusion? Yup, still waiting for Dom to answer that one. :mafia:

SVS - Before you come in here and vote for me, I'll ask that you remember several players (including Dom) seemed to turn on you with the snap of the fingers, and I even brought up how curious that was. If you are civvie, I ask that you do not lynch me. Thank you for your time.

Linki - No. That's one of the few things I think the hosts would get mad about, so I can't name the specific coordinate. But I'm happy that you agree that specific coordinates are not "vague instructions". Dom, what do you think?
FOUR TIMEs. FOUR TIMES!!!!!
Matt wrote:
LoRab wrote:And specific coordinates as in letter and number? No, that isn't vague. Are you saying that Dom told you what square you should go to?
:workit:

Dom, would you say that specific coordinates are "vague instructions" ?
FIVE TIMES!!!!
Matt wrote:Oh snap.

ATTN: All defenses of myself using the Spirit Oracle are now null and void. Lynch away, my friends. I'm kind of tired of defending. :phew:

But lynch Dom next :beer:
Just like a court case-- doesn't really matter, does it?
S~V~S wrote:The more I read, the more I think I was possibly wrong about Matt the other day. I think TH is more of a core baddie, and Dom more of a peripheral one, so at this point I am voting for TH. I think the Lich is a baddie, and I think the Lich saved him.
Nice NO U. ;)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

What No U? I voted for TH before, I think the Lich saved him.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

S~V~S wrote:What No U? I voted for TH before, I think the Lich saved him.
I'm a periphery baddie?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

How is that a no u?

No one is allowed to say anything about anyone who has said anything about them?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I did not vote for you or even make any effort to discuss you. I said you were a periphery baddie. If I voted for you, maybe, but I didn't.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

No, SVS, it's that you haven't given a single reason. I'd like to hear how I could be a periphery baddie. Which team am I on?

Don't make such a casual statement with zero reasoning and expect me to not respond.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Dom - I don't know what you're talking about because clearly I've been making up stories and so I have no response to you.

On that note, stop taking everything so personally. I never assumed you sat at a computer all day, but you were in the thread talking, I asked you a question, and then you vanished. So yeah, I kept asking.

Anyway, again, I was smokin' the crack pipe peeps. There is no Spirit Oracle or Paradise Meadows, I was only trying to save myself from certain lynch by feeding you stories. I am civ, though, guaranteed. :beer:
Image Image Image Image
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 260
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Since the thing you never talked about was not my reason for finding you suspicious, I still suspect you.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Matt wrote:Dom - I don't know what you're talking about because clearly I've been making up stories and so I have no response to you.

On that note, stop taking everything so personally. I never assumed you sat at a computer all day, but you were in the thread talking, I asked you a question, and then you vanished. So yeah, I kept asking.

Anyway, again, I was smokin' the crack pipe peeps. There is no Spirit Oracle or Paradise Meadows, I was only trying to save myself from certain lynch by feeding you stories. I am civ, though, guaranteed. :beer:
You asked five times, each time saying "Dom still hasn't answered this"

Bullshit you weren't trying to smear me.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Lol

Smear you? Dude I was making the point that specific coordinates in no way equates to vague instructions. I kept driving the point home, because yes that is ridiculous to say vague instructions.

That being said, whether it was specific or vague, you admit to sending me on some sort of journey, correct? Hence earlier you lied when saying you never did such a thing.

Derp
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Lorab - It's cool. I feel my journey may soon be at an end. :noble:
Image Image Image Image
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Re: Mafia: A World Reborn Game Thread - Day 8

Post by Dom »

First, Matt, lol no. I never asked you to do anything. You asked me where the item was, I gave you where I last knew it to be, but was not overly enthusiastic about our encounter at all.
Matt wrote:Dear Living Statue,
I fear you are dead or have been turned. Perhaps even stuck forever if the Gem is lost. Nonetheless, I have received word that my destiny lies elsewhere. If you are alive and still an ally, good luck to you brave sir. Perhaps one day we will meet again.

Sincerely,
Matt F
While we're talking about people who lie-- this clearly shows you to be one. ;)
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Going to bed. I feel like I have to let everyone know-- otherwise I might be asked teh same question five times and be treated as if I ignored it each time.
Matt
Racketeer

Re: Mafia: A World Reborn Game Thread - Day 8

Post by Matt »

Dom wrote:First, Matt, lol no. I never asked you to do anything. You asked me where the item was, I gave you where I last knew it to be, but was not overly enthusiastic about our encounter at all.
Matt wrote:Dear Living Statue,
I fear you are dead or have been turned. Perhaps even stuck forever if the Gem is lost. Nonetheless, I have received word that my destiny lies elsewhere. If you are alive and still an ally, good luck to you brave sir. Perhaps one day we will meet again.

Sincerely,
Matt F
While we're talking about people who lie-- this clearly shows you to be one. ;)
Derp.

Derp a derp a derp.

Gibberish :beer:
Image Image Image Image
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Voting matt. At least for the moment. I didn't feel he was civ before. I don't feel he's civ now. And I certainly don't think that his actions or his posts are helping us towards a civ win.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 319
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

I will be voting for either Dom or Matt today.[/obviousolive]

Matt, why are you voting for yourself if you're an important civvie on an important quest? How can you be sure that Dom wasn't recruited by a civilian? And why does your first suspicion of Dom come 4 RL days after your quest had failed? You said your quest failed on Night 7, but your first mention of Dom as suspicious comes on Night 9, the same night the Circle of Decay failed to kill Dom, and you have only accused him more heavily since that kill failed.

Dom, why are you getting defensive over Matt knowing your role and accusing you of being recruited? From my point of view you should be defensive over your alignment, not your role. What exactly is Matt lying about? Did you trust him until he accused you?

I think you both could be bad :ponder:
Marmot
Marmot
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I'm afraid to vote Matt.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Ah I'm not really voting myself. That was just for funsies.

I'm voting Dom

Oh, and at this point, I've said all I can about Dom really. He tried to say he didn't send me to fetch the Gem, then backtracked. He knows my role yet insists on lynching me. I mean, once everyone else sees my role, if I'm lynched, I hope you take the time to consider how utterly preposterous it is to think I'm bad.

Linki - MM, I"d rather you not vote me, but rest assured, if you do nothing bad will happen. With the exception of my fair quest being put to an end. :sigh:
Image Image Image Image
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Matt wrote:Ah I'm not really voting myself. That was just for funsies.

I'm voting Dom

Oh, and at this point, I've said all I can about Dom really. He tried to say he didn't send me to fetch the Gem, then backtracked. He knows my role yet insists on lynching me. I mean, once everyone else sees my role, if I'm lynched, I hope you take the time to consider how utterly preposterous it is to think I'm bad.

Linki - MM, I"d rather you not vote me, but rest assured, if you do nothing bad will happen. With the exception of my fair quest being put to an end. :sigh:
What quest is that?

Also, I don't believe your quest is fair.

Also, I don't think while some roles are more likely civ than bad, there is no such thing as "preposterous" to consider that any role is evil.
Marmot
Marmot
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Matt wrote:Ah I'm not really voting myself. That was just for funsies.

I'm voting Dom

Quests are expensive in Finland. :sigh:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Matt wrote:Oh, and at this point, I've said all I can about Dom really. He tried to say he didn't send me to fetch the Gem, then backtracked. He knows my role yet insists on lynching me. I mean, once everyone else sees my role, if I'm lynched, I hope you take the time to consider how utterly preposterous it is to think I'm bad.
So, you have nothing more to say about Dom, thereby dodging my questions... and then you proceed to accuse Dom some more. :smoky:

Why would Dom lie about sending you to fetch the Gem? I must have missed that bit... it was a dense read
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Matt wrote:He knows my role yet insists on lynching me.
Isn't the reverse just as true?
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

TH - Blah

I've been at this for two days straight. Matt is a tired panda.

Anyway I'm not quitting by any means, but I can't possibly defend myself any longer, mostly because I don't think any of it is getting through to most of you.

Lorab seems like a baddie that's upset Dom outed himself and then blamed me. "Beware the Lorab" - Dr Wilgy November 2015

Never forget!

Be back tomorrow before work. Peace all
Image Image Image Image
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Matt wrote:TH - Blah

Anyway I'm not quitting by any means, but I can't possibly defend myself any longer, mostly because I don't think any of it is getting through to most of you.

Lorab seems like a baddie that's upset Dom outed himself and then blamed me. "Beware the Lorab" - Dr Wilgy November 2015

Never forget!

Wilgy had nothing on me. He accused me out of nowhere. Gave false evidence against me. And continued. I fully believe he was bad. And that his evil ways were his motivation.

If he was civ, then he was quite simply wrong.

If that is your only motivation for suspecting me, then you have no case. If you suspect me for legit reasons. then I look forwrd to hearing them.

And my suspicion of you has NOTHING to do with Dom. Have you even read my posts? Also, Dom didn't out himself.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Dom wrote:No, SVS, it's that you haven't given a single reason. I'd like to hear how I could be a periphery baddie. Which team am I on?

Don't make such a casual statement with zero reasoning and expect me to not respond.
Well you are on the poll today, so several people must think you are a baddie. My point was that you were, IMO, peripheral, perhaps a recruit. And if you are, I have no idea which team you are on. People try to make associations, but they are often wrong, so I don't spend alot of time on that unless the reason I suspect someone is based on interactions. I believe this is the second time I have said this in this game.

And I know Lorab trusts you, but I also know Lorab has a big heart and can be easy to trick because she WANTS to believe. I also know Golden trusts Lorab,which has given me pause about her, since I previously suspected her, and also, to a lesser extent, about you. But I know WHY he trusts her; I don't know why she trusts you. Just like she, or you, don't really know why I do NOT. Lets say it is a process of elimination based on a conversation I had with someone now dead.

If I ever vote for you, I will tell you why.
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

S~V~S wrote:
Dom wrote:No, SVS, it's that you haven't given a single reason. I'd like to hear how I could be a periphery baddie. Which team am I on?

Well you are on the poll today, so several people must think you are a baddie. My point was that you were, IMO, peripheral, perhaps a recruit. And if you are, I have no idea which team you are on. People try to make associations, but they are often wrong, so I don't spend alot of time on that unless the reason I suspect someone is based on interactions. I believe this is the second time I have said this in this game.

And I know Lorab trusts you, but I also know Lorab has a big heart and can be easy to trick because she WANTS to believe. I also know Golden trusts Lorab,which has given me pause about her, since I previously suspected her, and also, to a lesser extent, about you. But I know WHY he trusts her; I don't know why she trusts you. Just like she, or you, don't really know why I do NOT. Lets say it is a process of elimination based on a conversation I had with someone now dead.

I'd call it hesitant trust. I've learned from experience. And I have my reasons to offer that hesitant trust. I also recognize that I could be wrong. I don't think I am, but it's possible. That said, I don't trust anyone other than myself 100%, even if I know their role and even if I understand their reasons.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Matt wrote:TH - Blah

Never forget!

I outed myself?

Okay, here's where I'm 2460Done with your bullsuit.
You outed my role. You made it PAINFULLY obvious to the several people in the game who didn't know my role. You asked me several times if I had been recruited yet-- a simple read of the roles would tell anyone what you're talking about. You would go from talking about my role to talking about me very casually without really changing the subject-- implying we are both one in the same. You have been anything but subtle. You have done anything but hint. So, yes, I'm frustrated with that. I think you played, honestly, like a jerk. If I had come in the thread and asked you a super specific role question-- you'd be livid. I do know a role you may be assigned. I have reasons to believe that you: 1) may have been recruited, 2) aren't that role at all, or 3) are no longer that role. I argued these things before and without acknowledging any of your claims. However, here's where we really get into the territory of, "You Outed Me". You made super specific claims against me. You listed out events that happened WEEKS ago. You twisted them to make them fit your agenda. You created a narrative that is made of half truths to smear me, and demanded a response from me. I ignored it for several reasons. Your insistence only made me think of you worse because you are destroying a huge opportunity for the civs by spilling all of this and requiring me to acknowledge it. You created this situation, not me. I'm going to kindly ask you to sit the hell down and NOT tell me who outed me. You outed me. I've been outed enough times to know when it's happening.

I think you are bad. You have created a story made of half truths trying to make me look bad and anyone who knows that even some of their truth ratings has gotten the picture on my end. If only you knew who had recruited me-- you wouldn't be doing this.

Additionally, you implied, in your letter to the Living Statue that you have just no clue who he is. You implied he might be dead. A few days later-- you're sure he's me. But hey! You didn't run into anyone else. You didn't get recruited. You didn't get that information anywhere! And hey! All the people you mentioned as suspects, they're dead too. Strange.

Don't attempt to lecture me on role outing. I won't entertain your BS.
I think you are bad. I hope everyone votes for you.
S~V~S wrote:

This post is EXACTLY why I do not trust you SVS.
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

I'm skipping my read through of this whole Dom v. Matt suit. The only thing I agree with right now is that the Lich is bad, and he saved TH.

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

I want a better poll :sigh:

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Draconus wrote:I'm skipping my read through of this whole Dom v. Matt suit. The only thing I agree with right now is that the Lich is bad, and he saved TH.
Well I for one think you should read the thread. Dom and Matt are both accusing each other of lying, you don't think that's worth looking into? I agree the Lich is bad but he did not save me. Do you have any other thoughts on me? It seems like you're basing your vote for me on a single event... I would ask you to consider your vote more carefully today.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Draconus wrote:I want a better poll :sigh:
You and me both buddy :puppy:
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Turnip Head wrote:
Draconus wrote:I'm skipping my read through of this whole Dom v. Matt suit. The only thing I agree with right now is that the Lich is bad, and he saved TH.
Well I for one think you should read the thread. Dom and Matt are both accusing each other of lying, you don't think that's worth looking into? I agree the Lich is bad but he did not save me. Do you have any other thoughts on me? It seems like you're basing your vote for me on a single event... I would ask you to consider your vote more carefully today.
The portion of their back and forth that I'm skipping is just repetition of what I have read from both of them. It's not helping me feel better or worse about both of them. It's just giving me a WIFOM migraine.
And my vote on you is based on more than just the one event. I have my own suspicion of what your role is based on a miner interaction we had on the map. Like I said it's miner, mostly gut. But there's also the circumstance of our location and where you were headed that gives me pause on my suspicion. Vague, yeah? I'd reveal more, but I don't want to after Matt's punishment :grin:
Anyways, my vote on you isn't necessarily permanent. I'm still mulling over those aforementioned circumstances.

Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Wait, I thought Matt's self-vote was his punishment for revealing too much... But his vote is back on Dom :ponder: Guess I was wrong about his punishment :shrug2:

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Draconus wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
The portion of their back and forth that I'm skipping is just repetition of what I have read from both of them. It's not helping me feel better or worse about both of them. It's just giving me a WIFOM migraine.
And my vote on you is based on more than just the one event. I have my own suspicion of what your role is based on a miner interaction we had on the map. Like I said it's miner, mostly gut. But there's also the circumstance of our location and where you were headed that gives me pause on my suspicion. Vague, yeah? I'd reveal more, but I don't want to after Matt's punishment :grin:
Anyways, my vote on you isn't necessarily permanent. I'm still mulling over those aforementioned circumstances.
Well the second part isn't vague, I told you exactly where I was going and what I was doing :srsnod: The first part is vague though, I don't recall discussing anything that could have been related to my role. I understand if you don't want to elaborate but I hope we can sort this out.

But I urge you to take another look at Dom vs. Matt. Here's how I'm seeing it, FWIW:

Matt looks bad for going after Dom based on role alone. If the baddies missed out on recruiting the Statue it's going to be a difficult role for them to get rid of, and Matt was quick to paint Dom's potential recruitment in a bad light, immediately accusing him of being Cabal after the failed Circle kill. Matt had a lot to say this phase, but when I asked him how he could be sure the Star Gem wasn't located by a civvie, he clammed up. He was also dismissive of my point that he didn't mention Dom until 4 days after his quest failed, which seems to coincide with the NK attempt on Dom. He also didn't answer my question about why Dom would lie about sending him on a quest. I think these are pressing questions and Matt hand-waved it all.

Dom too ignored my questions directed at him. I think Dom looks bad for making a big stink about Matt "outing" him. Even being outed, Dom should have nothing to fear if he's civvie. He's getting defensive over Matt outing him but he's not getting defensive over his alignment, which makes me think he has something to hide.

They've both accused each other of lying, so something's gotta give there. I don't know which I'm voting for yet, I think there's a chance they both could be bad, and they're both better options than me today.
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 204

Post by Tranq »

I think all three of you could be bad tbh.

I'm still thinking TH > Matt > Dom atm but i haven't voted yet. I'm willing to consider all options.

Do any of you think Timmer isn't a baddie?
Do you think he's Cabal or Circle?
Assuming he's Circle, who do you think his teammates are? He has to have atleast 2 or 3.
How do you think he managed to disappear from the poll two times in a row?
Thoughts on the Cabal?
Thoughts on the Living Statue?
Thoughts on SVS?
Thoughts on LoRab?
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Turnip Head wrote:
Draconus wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
Well the second part isn't vague, I told you exactly where I was going and what I was doing :srsnod: The first part is vague though, I don't recall discussing anything that could have been related to my role. I understand if you don't want to elaborate but I hope we can sort this out.

But I urge you to take another look at Dom vs. Matt. Here's how I'm seeing it, FWIW:

Matt looks bad for going after Dom based on role alone. If the baddies missed out on recruiting the Statue it's going to be a difficult role for them to get rid of, and Matt was quick to paint Dom's potential recruitment in a bad light, immediately accusing him of being Cabal after the failed Circle kill. Matt had a lot to say this phase, but when I asked him how he could be sure the Star Gem wasn't located by a civvie, he clammed up. He was also dismissive of my point that he didn't mention Dom until 4 days after his quest failed, which seems to coincide with the NK attempt on Dom. He also didn't answer my question about why Dom would lie about sending him on a quest. I think these are pressing questions and Matt hand-waved it all.

Dom too ignored my questions directed at him. I think Dom looks bad for making a big stink about Matt "outing" him. Even being outed, Dom should have nothing to fear if he's civvie. He's getting defensive over Matt outing him but he's not getting defensive over his alignment, which makes me think he has something to hide.

They've both accused each other of lying, so something's gotta give there. I don't know which I'm voting for yet, I think there's a chance they both could be bad, and they're both better options than me today.
Just to make sure we're on the same page with the bolded part. It's where you were going that makes me doubt my suspicion about what your role is, aka makes me feel better about you, slightly. FWIW, I'm glad you found what you were looking for :)

I'm with Tranq, though, in that all 3 of you could be bad. I just have no idea which of you to vote for. I did just talk myself into moving my vote off of you. SVS feels like a dark cloud looming over my head and I can't figure out if her presence will bring me life or doom :scared:

Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Moved to Matt for the time being.

Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Oh my. :faint:

Dom - What team do you think I'm on?

Let's be clear. Dom is right. I didn't think of the consequences of hinting (yes, hinting) at Dom's role, but assuming I'm bad, I guess I'm cleared of being Witherdeath, right? Because they were the ones who targeted you, correct Dom? So that wouldn't make much sense if I knew your role and suggested "Hey let's kill Dom! Derp"

So, that must mean I'm Circle of Decay. Do you have me pegged as Circle, Dom? Who are my partners?

Tranq, LOL @ "thoughts on LIving Statue"

Other opinions...

I dunno on Timmer. I'd have to read the roles list to see what it means, being taken off the poll twice.

Why does Timmer at least have to have 2 or 3 teammates if Cabal? How do we know several of them haven't died already? Anyway, to answer, I dunno.

SVS? Derp. She acknowledged that she could be wrong on me, so yay. Otherwise, I always think she's bad.

Lorab? "Beware the Lorab" - Blinkman November 2015

Drac - C'mon, really?

Turnip - I don't think I ever was sure Dom was bad until he started lying about our interaction. Up until then, I believe I believed him to be bad, but otherwise was up for him still being recruited by a civvie. Also, as for "why I didn't mention Dom", again, I wasn't sure. In fact, and I won't go into the whole story, but I was NEVER entirely sure on Dom being a certain role until just like, two real life days ago. Maybe yesterday morning, in fact. As for why Dom would lie about sending me on a quest, I'm beginning to think maybe it just depends on the POV. I was hesitant to even trust Dom in our interaction, yet he calls me "pushy". He gives me specific coordinates, yet says "vague instructions". I was completely open and up front with Dom, even offered to tell him where I'd been on the map, yet he "thinks" I'm bad.

It doesn't add up.

Anyway, I'm out. Gotta work but if I'm still alive tonight, see ya. If not, good luck town! :beer:
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Oh, and also, since this will be my last chance to post assuming I'm deaded tonight...

Wtf do you mean by you're not even sure I'm still the same role, Dom? :huh:

Anyway, peace out
Image Image Image Image
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 491

Post by Golden »

OK, so things haven't happened quite the way I would have hoped they would for Matt so now I'll tell you why I have Matt > TH.

I think Matt is the powerful one here that they are trying to protect, not TH. Maybe both are powerful, I don't know... it may be why Matt is putting the focus on Dom instead of TH.

But what bothers me most of all is this 'quest' that Matt is on, for a number of reasons.

1) It meshes entirely with the message I had previously got, except that the message implies something that is not in the towns interests, and Matt was trying to make out like it was supatown. When I specifically put that message into the thread, it didn't phase Matt at all. There wasn't even a split second where he indicated any amount of doubt that his mission was town focussed.

2) This makes me think that the goal of the team today is to keep Matt alive. Maybe Matt really is on a quest, but I don't trust him that it's civ aligned. Maybe, his team just got the same message that I got, and they are using it because it will sound plausible to anyone else who knows about quests to stay still for three days.

What I really wanted in this day phase, to make me feel better about Matt, was some sign from him that he was thinking, and not just sticking to an entrenched position. Thinking about 'could I have been misled about this quest'. Thinking about 'what might other people be getting at'. Instead, the vibe I got was not 'I'm doing what is in the best interests of the civs' but 'my survival is paramount'.

Even to the extent that I'm beginning to think that the fight with Dom could be a sign of Dom and Matt being on the same team, trying to make Dom look bad so that Matt can survive longer term. Today has felt like a gambit to secure Matt's survival.

I agree with Tranq, in that I'm coming out of this side of the day feeling like all these guys could be bad... wouldn't it be funny if the four guys we voted to be on the poll are an entire team :p

But right now, Matt is the one I'm most worried about, so I'm voting there.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Oh boy.

One last post...

Golden - :disappoint:

Maybe I shouldn't have marked you down as civvie, since you helped lynch Bass and now me? Hmmm

Good luck town! Really gotta go now, be at work by 2! :faint:

Or you could just be civvie and completely wrong. I've seen that from you a lot, so could be.

Peace
Image Image Image Image
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

I am tearing the rest of my hair out trying to figure you out, Matt.

So here it goes. Pants down, bearing all, gun to head, "WHAT TEAM?!"
I think Matt, TH, and Timmer are Decay. Possibly Lorab, too, if she's bad. (and that's a fat fucking IF)
I think SVS could be the last Cabal, and I think she recruited Dom.
So I'm leaving my vote where it is for now for fear of having a mecca-baddie in our future... I mean... What quest?

*Draconus pulls his pants back up and zips them up. Realizing how unnecessary that part was, he hurriedly walks out of the room, face bright red.*

Linki: I'll get to that later.

Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Tranq wrote:I think all three of you could be bad tbh.

I'm still thinking TH > Matt > Dom atm but i haven't voted yet. I'm willing to consider all options.

Assuming he's Circle, who do you think his teammates are? He has to have atleast 2 or 3.
Thoughts on the Cabal?
Thoughts on SVS?
Thoughts on LoRab?
I think Timmer is likely bad.
I think the theory was Circle-- but it's been a few days. -_-
Teammates? Maybe TH... maaaaybe Matt.... not sure.
:shrug:
Cabal? I'm leaning either SVS or you. :/ SVS more likely.
The Living Statue is benevolent. :p
SVS-- I'm thinking bad.
LoRab-- civ.
Matt wrote:Oh my. :faint:

Dom - What team do you think I'm on?

Let's be clear. Dom is right. I didn't think of the consequences of hinting (yes, hinting) at Dom's role, but assuming I'm bad, I guess I'm cleared of being Witherdeath, right? Because they were the ones who targeted you, correct Dom? So that wouldn't make much sense if I knew your role and suggested "Hey let's kill Dom! Derp"

So, that must mean I'm Circle of Decay. Do you have me pegged as Circle, Dom? Who are my partners?
I don't know what team you're on. I don't have a specific team in mind for you. I could see either working. And Circle targeted me for a kill-- not Witherdeath.

You also took the quest upon yourself. I never said "quest". I never asked you to go get it. It was decently far into the game, and I just told you where it started. I said to you, it might have been moved by now-- I believe it had. This is what I meant by vague. I never asked you to do anything at all.
Draconus wrote:I am tearing the rest of my hair out trying to figure you out, Matt.

So here it goes. Pants down, bearing all, gun to head, "WHAT TEAM?!"
I think Matt, TH, and Timmer are Decay. Possibly Lorab, too, if she's bad. (and that's a fat fucking IF)
I think SVS could be the last Cabal, and I think she recruited Dom.
So I'm leaving my vote where it is for now for fear of having a mecca-baddie in our future... I mean... What quest?

*Draconus pulls his pants back up and zips them up. Realizing how unnecessary that part was, he hurriedly walks out of the room, face bright red.*

Linki: I'll get to that later.
Draco-- why do I want to lynch SVS, then?
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Tranq wrote:I think all three of you could be bad tbh.

Thoughts on the Cabal?
Thoughts on SVS?
Thoughts on LoRab?
Timmer has got to be a baddie. I think he's circle and I agree he has to have at least 2 teammates. I think he was in the right place at the right time to be removed twice and I think his teammates are making sure he stays that way.
I think SVS could be the last Cabal. If not, then I'm not sure.
I think the Living Statue is on team civ.
See above.
I think LoRab is full of awesomesauce.

Return to “Previous Jobs”