33%

Total votes: 15
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 310

Re: Battlestar Galactica Mafia - Night One

Post by Silverwolf »

Epignosis wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:I also don't like Epi attacking me for not being here due to RL reasons but he used RL reasons to say why he wasn't here. It's contradictory and also obnoxious as hell. I wasn't here because of my RL situation and I am NOT going to be accused of lying about this. Epi has a history of being nasty to me and seems to be wanting to continue that in this game. I think Rico and Epi are both players that like to tear down those they disagree with and demoralize them rather than ever admit they are wrong or re-evaluate their position either because they like to always have the upper hand in an argument or that's just their personality. Either way, I intensely dislike it. Was ika's behavior good all the time? No. Mine wasn't either. We are all human.
I don't agree with this. If you want to assert yourself as a strong force in the thread, expect strong forces to oppose you. My opposition of you is not being nasty, and I have never accused you of lying about real life. I accused you of not considering mine, which is demonstrably true.

When your position is "Epi is bad," I am not going to reevaluate my position and consider that you jut might be right.
No, I said I didn't think I'd be here due to RL and you said it was BS. That's over the line. RL is off limits. I never insinuated you were lying about your RL. You were not here. I had no way of knowing why. When you said why, I never said it was BS. That's the difference Epi. You can disagree and argue with me all you want. But repsect is earned and you gave me none so don't expect any in return.
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

Epignosis wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:Also, ika is town. I will fight this tooth and nail. Him being stubborn as shit and arguing for pages is classic town ika. Not to mention all the other reasons I have already given to believe this. His interest and engagement this game. Hell, his wanting cylons dead and arguing that point over and over makes no sense from scum ika at all. He's town.
What is "town" in this setup?
I have no fucking clue anymore. I don't even know how to play this game or scumhunt anymore at this point.

-----------------------------------------------------

To anyone who is suspecting and wants to lynch ika-Why is he scum then? Explain to me outside of PL reasons, why you think he's not town this game. I will refute every single one of them. Guranatee'd.
Polo
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 458

Post by Polo »

"EPI IS SCUM, CYLON NEED TO, DIE NO QUESTIONS ASKED!" -> Mr. Ika said that a good thirteen times in this thread.

"No questions asked" is not the kind of behaviour I want to see in a complex game like this. I don't think Ika is a Cylon, he seems human to me, but he may be mafia.
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

Polo wrote:"EPI IS SCUM, CYLON NEED TO, DIE NO QUESTIONS ASKED!" -> Mr. Ika said that a good thirteen times in this thread.

"No questions asked" is not the kind of behaviour I want to see in a complex game like this. I don't think Ika is a Cylon, he seems human to me, but he may be mafia.
Here's what I think. I think ika has an agenda to see all cylons dead. He's my strongest townread. If he believes this, it holds weight with me.
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

As far as the rest of my reads outside of ika go, throw them out the window.

I have no clue anymore.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 636

Post by Epignosis »

Silverwolf wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:I also don't like Epi attacking me for not being here due to RL reasons but he used RL reasons to say why he wasn't here. It's contradictory and also obnoxious as hell. I wasn't here because of my RL situation and I am NOT going to be accused of lying about this. Epi has a history of being nasty to me and seems to be wanting to continue that in this game. I think Rico and Epi are both players that like to tear down those they disagree with and demoralize them rather than ever admit they are wrong or re-evaluate their position either because they like to always have the upper hand in an argument or that's just their personality. Either way, I intensely dislike it. Was ika's behavior good all the time? No. Mine wasn't either. We are all human.
I don't agree with this. If you want to assert yourself as a strong force in the thread, expect strong forces to oppose you. My opposition of you is not being nasty, and I have never accused you of lying about real life. I accused you of not considering mine, which is demonstrably true.

When your position is "Epi is bad," I am not going to reevaluate my position and consider that you jut might be right.
No, I said I didn't think I'd be here due to RL and you said it was BS. That's over the line. RL is off limits. I never insinuated you were lying about your RL. You were not here. I had no way of knowing why. When you said why, I never said it was BS. That's the difference Epi. You can disagree and argue with me all you want. But repsect is earned and you gave me none so don't expect any in return.
No ma'am. You just voted me when I wasn't here.
Silverwolf wrote:Vote: Epignosis
When you did explain, you didn't initially cite any real life reasons. Your exact quote was:

"I wasn't sure I would be around EoD or that Epi would and I didn't want to miss the vote."

It's okay with me if you thought you weren't going to be around, but you didn't say so at the time you voted me (correct me if I am wrong), so you coming in and saying so much later reads to me as a post hoc excuse. Does that make sense?

And I'm not saying you are accusing me of lying about real life: I'm accusing you of not considering that it was Mothers Day before plopping a vote down on me for not being present. That's my accusation of you. And you are guilty as charged on that front.

Do yourself a favor. Take your own advice. Think about somebody else's opinion and circumstances and reevaluate your stance. It's fine if you still have the view you hold, but at least make an attempt instead of just accusing others of trying to discredit you all the time. :)
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 75
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Silverwolf wrote:
Somebody tell me how in the hell I scumhunt if we are going to assume anyone is town or scum? WTF am I supposed to do in this game then?
For starters, stop shutting down the opinions of those who are used to complicated set ups. Those of us that have been playing here and on Syndicate's Cousin Sites are used to set ups in which good and bad isn't all that clear cut. This is just another variation on our normal.

To be plain, I would be absolutely shocked and disappointed if this were a simple game of civ v mafia. That simply wouldn't make sense given the description, the roles, and the general expectation of this site (with a game like this with no win conditions listed--there are certainly civ v mafia games, but they are described as such).

It's a different skill set, to be sure, to find baddies in such a game. Perhaps it could be useful if this is entirely unfamiliar to listen to those for whom this is not unfamiliar territory.
Polo
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Polo »

Silverwolf wrote:
Polo wrote:"EPI IS SCUM, CYLON NEED TO, DIE NO QUESTIONS ASKED!" -> Mr. Ika said that a good thirteen times in this thread.

Here's what I think. I think ika has an agenda to see all cylons dead. He's my strongest townread. If he believes this, it holds weight with me.
He's a strong Human read to me but not a strong Town read. I have a feeling that this game has been heavily influenced by the show's lore and because of that we can't reduce everything to simply Humans vs. Cylons.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 320

Re: Battlestar Galactica Mafia - Day One

Post by Golden »

Matt wrote: If Athena is bad, then this really isn't a Battlestar game, I will refer to it as "Fake Battlestar Galactica" and I will pout in the corner until the game is over.
:ponder:

How to... make... Matt... pout...

:lulz:

Just taking notes.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

LoRab wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:
Somebody tell me how in the hell I scumhunt if we are going to assume anyone is town or scum? WTF am I supposed to do in this game then?
For starters, stop shutting down the opinions of those who are used to complicated set ups. Those of us that have been playing here and on Syndicate's Cousin Sites are used to set ups in which good and bad isn't all that clear cut. This is just another variation on our normal.

To be plain, I would be absolutely shocked and disappointed if this were a simple game of civ v mafia. That simply wouldn't make sense given the description, the roles, and the general expectation of this site (with a game like this with no win conditions listed--there are certainly civ v mafia games, but they are described as such).

It's a different skill set, to be sure, to find baddies in such a game. Perhaps it could be useful if this is entirely unfamiliar to listen to those for whom this is not unfamiliar territory.
Well put, Lorab.
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

Epignosis wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

No ma'am. You just voted me when I wasn't here.
Silverwolf wrote:Vote: Epignosis
When you did explain, you didn't initially cite any real life reasons. Your exact quote was:

"I wasn't sure I would be around EoD or that Epi would and I didn't want to miss the vote."

It's okay with me if you thought you weren't going to be around, but you didn't say so at the time you voted me (correct me if I am wrong), so you coming in and saying so much later reads to me as a post hoc excuse. Does that make sense?

And I'm not saying you are accusing me of lying about real life: I'm accusing you of not considering that it was Mothers Day before plopping a vote down on me for not being present. That's my accusation of you. And you are guilty as charged on that front.

Do yourself a favor. Take your own advice. Think about somebody else's opinion and circumstances and reevaluate your stance. It's fine if you still have the view you hold, but at least make an attempt instead of just accusing others of trying to discredit you all the time. :)
Epi, I explained why I voted you numerous times and it has a lot more to do with you not being here on Mother's Day. I'm not going to keep repeating myself. You continuing to say it's only because you were not around on Mother's Day is wrong and I'm gonna continue to scumread you for it because you are simply going for the discredit immediately rather than listen to what I am saying which is indicative of what you did as scum in Turf Wars.

I honestly don't care if you believe my reasons for voting you or not. Just because I didn't say I didn't think I would be here doesn't mean I lied about that and I gave my reasons upon questioning why I did it. I feel like continuing to do so, gets me nowhere with you so that's all I have to say about it.
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

Epignosis wrote:
LoRab wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:

Well put, Lorab.
I asked for how we scumhunt in this setup. Not a lecture on shutting up and listening to those who play on the Syndicate longer than I have.

God you people are rude as hell to those that haven't been here as long as you and it shows in almost every single game.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I didn't accuse you of lying. I accused you of bullshit. Not the same thing.

Maybe it's like ika's definitions of mafia and scum. :grin:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Silverwolf wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
LoRab wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:

Well put, Lorab.
I asked for how we scumhunt in this setup. Not a lecture on shutting up and listening to those who play on the Syndicate longer than I have.

God you people are rude as hell to those that haven't been here as long as you and it shows in almost every single game.
Stop trying to discredit Lorab.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 46
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

LoRab wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:

Yes, this. We have had numerous games that were not simply black and white "town" versus "scum" because honestly that gets really boring after a while. SW, ika, this may be new for you but try to keep an open mind about what a mafia game can look like and how complex the alignment system can get, and also maybe pay some attention to those who have show-lore-knowledge that might help understand such complexity for this particular game. Maybe you're right, maybe you're wrong, but show some flexibility and open-mindedness because that is how we play here. You are welcome to your opinions but please don't be rude about them or try to shove them down people's throats.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

For everyone's notice.

Talking about what your win condition is, is considered infodumping and against the rules.

If my win condition was that I needed Dom dead, I should pursue Dom's death and feel free not to compromise on it. I should not imply that I need Dom dead to satisfy my win condition.

To this end, please also do not ask people what their win conditions are. They are not permitted to tell you.

Win cons are secret because they are intended to be secret.
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 102
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Golden wrote:For everyone's notice.

Talking about what your win condition is, is considered infodumping and against the rules.

If my win condition was that I needed Dom dead, I should pursue Dom's death and feel free not to compromise on it. I should not imply that I need Dom dead to satisfy my win condition.

To this end, please also do not ask people what their win conditions are. They are not permitted to tell you.

Golden, what's your win condition?
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Another general notice.

I am very busy toda, and Dom is also very busy, and this is a very active thread. It is hard for us to make sure that everyone is ok and that nobody has any hurt feelings.

Please, if anyone is feeling hurt, insulted, offended, upset... I ask that you do your very best to keep yourself from posting that into the thread.

PM me. PM Dom. Vent away to one or both of us. That's what we are here for.

If you post it in the thread, it will probably only mean that feelings escalate and things get worse. I have to step away now for a while again, and I'd really like to come back to find a thread where everyone is trying their best to understand that we are all playing a game together, and no-one is trying to be personal. We are all a family here :) lets do our very best to keep the game as friendly as we can :hugs:

PS this is aimed at no specific people in particular. I'd appreciate it if everyone can aid the good feelings in whatever way they can. :)
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 75
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Silverwolf wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
LoRab wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:

Well put, Lorab.

If you preceived me as rude, then I truly apologize. That was not my intent. I don't like when people feel bad and it is never my intention. So, if I came off as anything other than welcoming, I apologize.

That said, I was trying to be helpful. You asked a question. In noticing that many people have posited theories that include the negation of a simple good/bad game, and that you had completely torn down many of those posts, I commented that it might be helpful to read them and take notes from them.

I did not lecture you. I was not intentionally rude. I did not tell you to shut up. I was answering your question that you posed to the thread.

And it's not about playing here longer--it's about being used to set ups in which there are many areas of grey and having experience playing in games where simple mafia/civ games are a rarity. If I were to play on MS (which is not likely--the game played there is worlds different from what we play here and when I explored that site it did not look like a fun game at all, for me, personally), I would pay attention to the posts, ideas, and strategies of the players that were regulars there. Learning about a culture is a big piece of learning how to play any sort of game in any sort of realm.

And I haven't actually been on this site all that long. And certainly have my disagreements with many of those who have been playing here longer. I was trying to be helpful.
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

LoRab wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
LoRab wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:

Well put, Lorab.

If you preceived me as rude, then I truly apologize. That was not my intent. I don't like when people feel bad and it is never my intention. So, if I came off as anything other than welcoming, I apologize.

That said, I was trying to be helpful. You asked a question. In noticing that many people have posited theories that include the negation of a simple good/bad game, and that you had completely torn down many of those posts, I commented that it might be helpful to read them and take notes from them.

I did not lecture you. I was not intentionally rude. I did not tell you to shut up. I was answering your question that you posed to the thread.

And it's not about playing here longer--it's about being used to set ups in which there are many areas of grey and having experience playing in games where simple mafia/civ games are a rarity. If I were to play on MS (which is not likely--the game played there is worlds different from what we play here and when I explored that site it did not look like a fun game at all, for me, personally), I would pay attention to the posts, ideas, and strategies of the players that were regulars there. Learning about a culture is a big piece of learning how to play any sort of game in any sort of realm.

And I haven't actually been on this site all that long. And certainly have my disagreements with many of those who have been playing here longer. I was trying to be helpful.
This is fair and I apologize as well for my attitude. I'll keep this in mind. I've gotta go for a bit.
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 287

Post by sig »

Golden wrote:Another general notice.

I am very busy toda, and Dom is also very busy, and this is a very active thread. It is hard for us to make sure that everyone is ok and that nobody has any hurt feelings.

Please, if anyone is feeling hurt, insulted, offended, upset... I ask that you do your very best to keep yourself from posting that into the thread.

PM me. PM Dom. Vent away to one or both of us. That's what we are here for.

If you post it in the thread, it will probably only mean that feelings escalate and things get worse. I have to step away now for a while again, and I'd really like to come back to find a thread where everyone is trying their best to understand that we are all playing a game together, and no-one is trying to be personal. We are all a family here :) lets do our very best to keep the game as friendly as we can :hugs:

PS this is aimed at no specific people in particular. I'd appreciate it if everyone can aid the good feelings in whatever way they can. :)
Shut up Golden, don't tell me what to do YOUR NOT THE BOSSS OF ME BLAH :meany:
*Stomps up the stairs, slams the door in Golden's bug ole meanie face*

no golden stay away from me with that mod kill hammer NOOOOOOOOOO!

:p
ImageImage
indiglo
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 208

Post by indiglo »

Silverwolf wrote:A5

Well done, SW!

The Marmot is up next at 11:49pm EST.

And good team work everyone, keeping an eye out for SW, and making sure nothing slipped through the cracks. If we continue working together like this, we can save the human race. :noble: So say we all.

Now that my temper has also calmed (amazing what logging off for a bit can do, ain't it?) I will also venture to say that I do think ika is also human.

If I have said anything inflammatory, or offensive to anyone, I would also like to take this moment to apologize for that. I do enjoy seeing how we really can get past that most of the time, and continue to communicate. That bodes very well for us.

Now, shall I whip up a schedule for Trust Falls? :workit: :huh:
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
indiglo
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 208

Post by indiglo »

Ricochet wrote:May 8, 11:47 pm EST - ika, A1
May 9, 5:49 am EST - ika, A3
May 9, 11:49 am EST - LC, D5
May 9, 5:49 pm EST - Silverwolf, A5
May 9, 11:49 pm EST - Marmot
May 10, 5:49 am EST - SVS
May 10, 11:49 am EST - juliets
May 10, 5:49 pm EST - ika
May 10, 11:49 pm EST - ika

A1 A2 A3 A4 A5 A6
B1 B2 B3 B4 B5 B6
C1 C2 C3 C4 C5 C6
D1 D2 D3 D4 D5 D6
E1 E2 E3 E4 E5 E6
F1 F2 F3 F4 F5 F6
Also, thank you for the update on this business. I'll copy/paste it into my Google Doc for future reference and usage. :noble:

Shall we start with the diagonals with the Marmot? What say you, Flowered Marmot fellow? What flight pattern strikes your fancy? Or would you rather it be a surprise type thing, complete with banners and streamers and cake and punch? I am cool either way. :slick:
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I am going to take a chance at this point and suggest you all turn your attention to the lower activity. People talking, even if you think they are bad, is a good thing for now. My recommendation right now would be to lynch someone quiet.

That's not going to be a popular opinion, but then again, I'm not a popular person.

That's only if you think lynching JaggedJimmyJay is a bad idea, which I don't. This guy is scheming, not working.
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 382

Post by a2thezebra »

I'm down, let's lynch'm.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 382

Post by a2thezebra »

Just don't lynch me, because I'm town.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Scotty wrote:

I win automatically. Didn't you follow 2015?
Polo
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Polo »

Golden wrote:
Scotty wrote:

I win automatically. Didn't you follow 2015?
I've only been following 2016.

ObscureAllure
The Mark
Posts in topic: 335

Post by ObscureAllure »

Is it just me or did loran and Nutella do back to back posts out of no where twice?
Epignosis wrote:Bitch slap in the name of Jesus.
ObscureAllure
The Mark
Posts in topic: 335

Post by ObscureAllure »

EBWOP Lorab. Sorry, phone autocorrect sucks
Epignosis wrote:Bitch slap in the name of Jesus.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 402
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Vompatti wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:I'm out. Catch you all before 8:49 PM PST.
That's an awfully specific time. :mafia:
It wom't be that awful of a time. :sigh:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 197

Post by Glorfindel »

So Say We All!

I started to catch up on this thread when I first awoke this morning at 5:30 am and in between inconveniences like meals and work I think I've finally managed to catch up. It's 12:25 pm now and I feel like I want to poke my eyes out :fist: I totally understand the passion a lot of us have for these games but those responsible for the last umpteen pages need to take a long hard look at themselves. This kind of behaviour does nothing but discourage those of us who are trying to enjoy and contribute to this insanely complex game.

After 43 pages, I still don't know what the hell is going on and feel I am grasping in the darkness for some point of reference, a northern star if you will. The funny thing is, I don't actually feel disadvantaged by that any longer. After all I have read, I think I'd be MORE concerned right now if I truly thought I knew what was going on and that I had all the answers like a couple of you appear to do. My feelings about some of you have changed and I feel like I understand some of you better than I have before.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Glorfindel wrote:So Say We All!

I started to catch up on this thread when I first awoke this morning at 5:30 am and in between inconveniences like meals and work I think I've finally managed to catch up. It's 12:25 pm now and I feel like I want to poke my eyes out :fist: I totally understand the passion a lot of us have for these games but those responsible for the last umpteen pages need to take a long hard look at themselves. This kind of behaviour does nothing but discourage those of us who are trying to enjoy and contribute to this insanely complex game.

After 43 pages, I still don't know what the hell is going on and feel I am grasping in the darkness for some point of reference, a northern star if you will. The funny thing is, I don't actually feel disadvantaged by that any longer. After all I have read, I think I'd be MORE concerned right now if I truly thought I knew what was going on and that I had all the answers like a couple of you appear to do. My feelings about some of you have changed and I feel like I understand some of you better than I have before.
Go on.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

indiglo wrote:Good discussion going here! Please remember, my beloveds, that when one is banging one's head against a wall, it never hurts the wall, only one's head. :hugs:
Lack of empathy towards walls is noted.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 425
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

I'll be around at 11:49 if I'm needed. :noble:
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 237
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

ok guys - I'm here and working on catching up. I'm sooo far behind I'm doing the two window thing. I will try to do the multi-quote thing as much as my sobriety allows. But I have beer and it's strong. I'm sorry if I get annoying during my catch up.
SokothQultuq wrote:I'm so freaking confused..... I donno what's going on... ::head to desk...head to desk...::
As I tell the occasional new person who gets stuck on a REALLY bad first day of sink or swim, - On the bright side, this is the worst it will ever be. I promise it will get easier. Maybe not today or tomorrow or this game, but each stab at it will make it easier. You will get better at working with us and we will get better at working with you. I promise.
Matt wrote:Rico...

Gaius and Six...

You think they're opposite factions? Thinking about it, I'd wager they're neutral teamies who can win with anyone. :)
Yes - but they may individually have some leanings - like they can both win with either faction but six works with the cylons and Gaius the humans? Or they could be in some sort of lover's win con. I can see what you are saying. TOTSMCGOATS. But I'd be hesitant to make anything black and white with hidden win cons and this host and this theme. Ya dig?

Oh - also - around this time in the thread - I actually feel pretty good about rico. I think his thing with silver and ika is a culture clash thing. Perhaps they were a *bit* defensive in reading his comments. I KNOW that I fell into that trap more than once when I first started playing with Rico.

Matt wrote:Lol.

For real, though, I don't see Gaius and Six being on opposite factions, and I don't see Athena being a "bad guy".

Long CoI
Long Con wrote:I hated that betraying bastard.
Speaking of which, I know you can't take back your vote now LC, but what is your opinion on all this? Do you believe humans can be mafia, and that Cylons can beIcivvie? Do you believe Felix Gaeta is a civvie in this game?
I have a hard time seeing Athena as a bad guy too Matt. That said - Gaeta is a tricky role. Again in this game and in this theme with this host. It came down to Gaeta making an in the moment tough call. I yelled and screamed at the TV DON'T DO IT!!! DON'T!! JUST DON'T GAETA!!! I loved him so much up until that moment. I can see a mafia set up where the person who is Gaeta has to make a tough call at some point. Much like in the lore of the show, - I wouldn't want to think of him out of the gate as bad. I just hope like hell when he has to do his thing, he makes the RIGHT call this time around. Maybe his choice this game is our host giving a great character a chance to redeem himself. :shrug: See - I can do Mattalk too! :D
ika wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
In all sincerity & with respect, could you let us learn to get our own reads on the two of you? This is literally all you talk about, ika. We are smart people, we will figure it out.

are you saying im dumb? as for sorting her, you guys can, you jsut have to be quicker then me on sorting her, i sort her first in any game in 3-5 pages when we play together. i mean i have leaned off on shouting it so much but i will still make her my first read
ika wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
In all sincerity & with respect, could you let us learn to get our own reads on the two of you? This is literally all you talk about, ika. We are smart people, we will figure it out.

are you saying im dumb? as for sorting her, you guys can, you jsut have to be quicker then me on sorting her, i sort her first in any game in 3-5 pages when we play together. i mean i have leaned off on shouting it so much but i will still make her my first read
ika wrote:
S~V~S wrote:

ika wrote:
S~V~S wrote:

I don't think for one second SVS was saying you were dumb.

I'm part of a couple that has mafiaed too. So is Epi and Elo, Indi and Dex, MP and Daisy, LC and BR just to name a VERY small few. Of course you read her quick and hard. Of course you find you game balance based on how you and she interact together. No one is saying you shouldn't.

In every game I play with BDH - he is lazor focused. Admittedly it's not as many as I wish it was but ya know - things are what they are. Epi and Eloh feel the most like you. Epi could read his wife like a book till the one time she got one over on him. Now he refuses to do the work for everyone. I'm SURE when they play together he gets his read on her hard and fast but he doesn't talk about it till he HAS to ya know? Maybe what might work with you guys is give each other and us a 3 cycle grace period - you still interact with her you still get your read, but you don't say what your read is for a few cycles to GIVE us time to learn about the BOTH of you. Ya know?

I'm submitting this one for post now. I'm gonna read without comment everything till at least the lynch post. I have so so so much reading to do.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

how the hell did that quote 4 times????
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 97

Post by Black Rock »

Epignosis wrote:
Black Rock wrote:I'm out for the night. I'm fine with whatever the group decides. Good night.
Happy Mothers Day.

If mothers exist in Canada, I don't know.
Thanks... Oh shit, they don't exist *blinks out of existence*

Anyways I was going to save this and finish my catch up but no freaking way I'm reading all of that.
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

bea wrote:how the hell did that quote 4 times????
I think we know the answer to that.
bea wrote:I will try to do the multi-quote thing as much as my sobriety allows.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Long Con wrote:
bea wrote:how the hell did that quote 4 times????
I think we know the answer to that.
bea wrote:I will try to do the multi-quote thing as much as my sobriety allows.
lol

Only twenty more minutes until the night ends, if I die then I'll be very disappointed. :disappoint:
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Re: Battlestar Galactica Mafia - Day Two

Post by Golden »

A tale of life and loss

Adama had brought a children's toy into the CIC, a very rare relic of life in the colonies. His desire was to remind everyone of all they had lost, and exactly what they were fighting for.

In the CIC, everyone was discussing the remarkable return and recovery of Epignosis. It was almost as though he'd never been sucked out of an airlock at all. It was clear to everyone that he was a cylon. But there was enthusiastic debate about whether or not that meant he needed to be dealt with, and swiftly.

"I think he should be taken to the brig" cried one voice.
"I think he should be, ermm, interrogated. And I'm willing to volunteer, if you know what I mean" said Elohcin, a random human survivor who nobody was really sure who she was.
"Why not just kill him" said another voice.
"You can rely on Epignosis to be loyal to Adama" shouted another.

"SILENCE" cried Adama. And he spun the top.

As it spun around, everyone in the room was mesmerised. It looked remarkably like two faces, one the face of ika, another the face of ricochet. It was like a circle that would never end.

And out of the shadows, an enraged and hooded figure lunged at the spinning top with a knife. At least they thought they did. In fact, they'd lost all sense of the spinning top and had plunged the knife straight into someone's chest. Or, perhaps that was the plan all along...

Ika has been nightkilled. It is now Day Two. You have 48 hours to lynch a scum
member of the mafia
nobody mention win cons
Whoever it is you think you should lynch.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Guess we don't need to lynch Ika today.

SIlver would you kill Ika if you were mafia?
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

A new law has been enacted by the President of the Colonies:

Ika Conscription Act: Ika has been conscripted into service and will be required to vote as per the orders of the Admiral.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Hello there fleet,

This is your admiral speaking. Uh, how are you? Anyway, I'd like to commend every man and woman under my command for uh... doing a great job with all of the outer space activities and protecting us from the cylon threat. That actually raises an important discussion. Is it a cylon threat, or is it something more sinister? Are all cylons meanies? Do the bad cylons have friends who are people? Should we call the good cylons people? Has "toaster" become an unacceptable derogatory term? Let's not be racist now. Well, you folks just keep on fighting the good fight and I'll be here on Battlestar Galactica doing my admiral type business. Another busy Monday in the books, right? I mean, chyeah!

Let's all be good and do good things for the good of our good civilization. So say we all!
SokothQultuq
Henchman
Posts in topic: 95

Post by SokothQultuq »

So Say we all!

Dear gods, If I have to listen to IKA repeat himself over and over again about Cylon Scum I may have to cast a vote his direction for being a broken toaster... I'f I could go hide out on the hanger deck playing with some electronics what would be amazing vs. listening to that crap over and over. How about something a little more constructive...

Some interesting little clues left behind by some in there. I wish I could keep up with you mad posters.

I think its very important that we find that Resurrection ship. if we don't put enough resources into that we wont ever kill off the toasters that are more than meets the eye. Too bad we cannot dispatch more. A raptor would be handy that's for sure.

If I had more predictable posting times I would volunteer to take one of the selections but I think you guys have it well in hand. The idea of the checker board is great, but I also like the random choices. But that's just me.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Golden wrote:A new law has been enacted by the President of the Colonies:

Ika Conscription Act: Ika has been conscripted into service and will be required to vote as per the orders of the Admiral.
:ponder:

That is interesting. Is it possibly that the president of the colony/admiral killed him. Or was this a blanket rule.

Either way I'm considering a vote for zebra. I really dislike her playstyle this game it's reminding me of her mafia game play. I'm also wary of JJJ and LC. However, at this point with him wanting to lynch all cylons I'd rather not lynch him. We could go with Epi, but I've got the feeling he'll just revive again. Or perhaps he won't and the mafia killed Ika so he wouldn't push an Epi vote?

linki:
So say we all
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

SokothQultuq wrote:So Say we all!

Dear gods, If I have to listen to IKA repeat himself over and over again about Cylon Scum I may have to cast a vote his direction for being a broken toaster... I'f I could go hide out on the hanger deck playing with some electronics what would be amazing vs. listening to that crap over and over. How about something a little more constructive...

Some interesting little clues left behind by some in there. I wish I could keep up with you mad posters.

I think its very important that we find that Resurrection ship. if we don't put enough resources into that we wont ever kill off the toasters that are more than meets the eye. Too bad we cannot dispatch more. A raptor would be handy that's for sure.

If I had more predictable posting times I would volunteer to take one of the selections but I think you guys have it well in hand. The idea of the checker board is great, but I also like the random choices. But that's just me.
Are you a cylon?
ImageImage
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

SO SAY WE ALL!

dear lord you guys - I have sooo much reading. I'm so so so sorry.
ika wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
ika wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
ika wrote:the rest i mostly agree.

@rico, ifs funny that you dont know null scum if you have been more then 4 years
What are you talking about?

Is it that hard to explain a mashup of two concepts, namely null and scum?
you said you played more then me, that would mean you have been playing more then 4 years.
someone said that they have been playing longer then me

null scum is null scum
I've been playing for like ever. But I'm queen nub for a reason. I don't know the difference between what null scum is and null civ is - could you please explain it to me like the 2 year old I am? I know it's taxing, but I promise it will help me grow as a player. I'm positive I have an in my culture term for what you are describing, but I don't know the actions you are describing. Please help.
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

SokothQultuq wrote:So Say we all!

So say we all!

He's dead now so it's time for people to stop bitching about him.

:disappoint:

Good to see he still has a vote.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

So say we all!

May your death bring you the peace you were missing in life, ika.

Return to “Previous Jobs”