Dr. Who Mafia - Night 12

Moderator: Community Team

24 Hour Days?

Poll ended at Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:47 pm

Yes
61%
No
No votes
Votes in this poll are non-changable! (host/non/mod/dead)
39%

Total votes: 18
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 858
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Re: Dr. Who Mafia! - Day 1

Post by Tangrowth »

I'm voting for Alzarius. It sounds the most pleasant out of the four, with the first planet sounding least pleasant, IMO.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 439

Post by Epignosis »

juliets wrote:After the lynch is over Epi is going to say he is not sorry because, he will say, I did baddie things. Or made mistakes that couldn't be corrected. Keep in mind people make mistakes like posting in the wrong thread all the time - civs and baddies It sure would be nice to know what those baddie things are that I did. Please the rest of you, hound Epi when he says something is so and make him explain himself. This is what happens when you let him get away with thinking things are one way and no one challenges him. Remember if you are civ it could be you next. He and someone else votes for you, people come in the thread who are tired and just take the easy way.
This.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 368

Post by S~V~S »

yeah really. I am all about this right now.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Dana
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 145
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Dana »

zeek wrote:I'm going to bed. I'll look at the fallout from this tomorrow.

Clearly the Valeyard is a role in this game. He is the evil version of the Doctor, quite literally.

In regard to the night poll, it may effect the game so here's some links. I'll look at these closer tomorrow as well but I recall Alzarius having some connection to healing but I can't remember what.

Alfava Metraxis has a fucking army of Weeping Angels on so lets avoid that option.

http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Alfava_Metraxis
http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Arkheon
http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Alzarius
http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Azure
I thought the master was the evil doctor? I guess I haven't followed the show as well as I thought I did. Thank you for the information and links!
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 259

Post by Enrique »

S~V~S wrote:So now that you know they were not trying to save juliets, what do you make of those people who voted you, Enrique?
That they're misguided :shrug:

Nikki doesn't seem to be following very well and probably just voted for me because I'm a familiar name.
Juliets was trying to save herself.
Bass came in late and decided he'd vote for me over juliets. He wasn't trying to defend her, so fair enough, I just "pinged him harder."

Dom and Blooper were just wrong I guess :p Blooper was still catching up by the time she voted for me, and Dom did so way before the juliets thing even started. So, yeah, I don't know. Worth keeping in mind maybe that I had a couple additional votes (Epig and Nikki) before this, so it may have looked like I was getting lynched.

linki @Dana - Made isn't exactly the easiest player to read lol, but I'll keep that in mind :p Only time we played together I was right about him, though. I'll look into his posts, but nothing has really jumped out at me.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
zeek
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 683

Post by zeek »

The Master is an evil time lord, like the Doctor, but the Valeyard is literally the evil incarnation of the Doctor. All his darkness and hate.

Anyway :offtobed:
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

You guys not voting?
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

For the lazy, these are our options:

Alfava Metraxis
Alfava Metraxis (aka. Alfalfa Metraxis) is a planet in the Dundra System, once home to the extinct Aplans, and colonised by humans sometime in the 51st century. It is home to more than one "Maze of the dead", mass tombs where the dead are supposedly buried in the walls and represented with statues. However, all of the statues are revealed to be Weeping Angels. The Doctor, Amy and River Song landed on this planet in The Time of Angels after following the path of the spaceship, Byzantium. Alfalfa Metraxis is the 7th planet in the Dundra System and has 11 hour days.
Weeping Angels aren't good, right? I only know the name from the Doctor Who theme in BGO :p

Alzarius
Alzarius is Adric's homeworld, located in E-Space. It appeared in the serial Full Circle. Its galactic coordinates are identical to those of Gallifrey—except they were negative.[1] Alzarius is covered in lush, dense forests and marshlands. Every 50 years, the planet is dragged further away from its sun by a larger planet, causing a phenomenon known as "Mistfall".
:shrug: Aldric isn't a role in this game, so no clue.

Arkheon
Arkheon, also known as the Planet of Ghosts, is a planet located near the Crab Nebula, just past the Pleiades, left at the Blue Star Worlds. Temporal echoes resembling ghosts roamed the surface due to a temporal fissure in the planet's core. The world was virtually destroyed by the Daleks, but the remains were visited in Prisoner of the Daleks.
Sounds spooky, except not really if they're not actually ghosts. Reminds me of the opening scene of Guardians of the Galaxy. Are we gonna find any orbs in here? :p

Azure
Azure is a blue planet seen from the ships in the Fourth Doctor story Nightmare of Eden.
Well OK that's specific.
ImageImageImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Oh apparently Alzarius is the consensus then... the third one sounded cool to me.
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Enrique wrote:Oh apparently Alzarius is the consensus then... the third one sounded cool to me.
Bullshit it did and I'm sorry I wavered.
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

I'm not giving this too much thought. As far as I know there were no effects to the Day 0 poll, and I know we're fans of placeholder polls around here. Out of the 4, one sounded like a terrible option and there was no detail on the other 2. I voted and realized people were big fans of the second option. Whatever, I don't even watch the show.
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

juliets wrote:Just keep telling yourself that that reworded post meant I was bad. Keep telling yourself.
It didn't mean you were bad. It meant you were suspicious.
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 146

Post by Hedgeowl »

RIP juliets/RIver Song! What an awesome role (granted all the roles are really) Sorry to see you go as you are a wonderful and inquisitive player to have in any game. I will try not to miss anymore votes. I was literally about to click when it ended. :(

There is no effing way I would vote for Alfava, scariest freaking planet.

Voting Alzarius for lushness.
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 123
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Made »

what showed up on my phone the moment I walked into the stadium (sorry can't post imgur pictures as proper pictures in thread apparently)
For the little it's worth, I was going to vote epi. I have screen shots of the message I typed and intended to send if anyone would like to hear them, RIP Juliet.
Spoiler: show
Pov: you reading my takes
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

MovingPictures07 wrote:I wonder: Baddies could have taken three strategies here, really, (1) avoided the juliets lynch and voted elsewhere, (2) bandwagoned onto the juliets lynch, or (3) missed the vote.

Of (2), Elo, sabie, and Bullz's votes struck me as most suspicious.

Of (1) and (3), I'm not sure yet. Requires further analysis. But I have my eye on a few players, that's for sure. :eye:

Linki with Enrique: Thanks for clarifying and making the list of the 11. I was about to do it myself, but you just saved me like a minute or two. :D
This is every possible option?
Either vote Juliet, not vote Juliet or not vote.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Everyone took one of those strategies, bad or not.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 858
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Made wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:I wonder: Baddies could have taken three strategies here, really, (1) avoided the juliets lynch and voted elsewhere, (2) bandwagoned onto the juliets lynch, or (3) missed the vote.

Of (2), Elo, sabie, and Bullz's votes struck me as most suspicious.

Of (1) and (3), I'm not sure yet. Requires further analysis. But I have my eye on a few players, that's for sure. :eye:

Linki with Enrique: Thanks for clarifying and making the list of the 11. I was about to do it myself, but you just saved me like a minute or two. :D
This is every possible option?
Either vote Juliet, not vote Juliet or not vote.
LOL, that was my point, I am trying to think of every different angle and come up with my top suspects within each possibility. Really just to help me more than anything. :p
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

S~V~S wrote:Everyone took one of those strategies, bad or not.
OK, this is bothering me, SVS, what the fuck game are you playing?
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

... what?
ImageImageImageImage
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Enrique wrote:... what?
shhh
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 407

Post by Dom »

Hi everyone! I had a rather exhausting night and just caught up. I will do my best to comment appropriately.
Made wrote:
Dom wrote:I find some of the points on Enrique to be valid. I do. However, I couldn't help but notice how hypocritical MP is being.
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Enrique wrote:No. It's suspicious that he used it without any indication that he was around when it was used.
I waited until Day 1. But you, sir, are my greatest suspect.
Wow, I actually agree here.
So you agree-- Enrique is your greatest suspect.
MovingPictures07 wrote: Fair, I don't feel very strongly about this Enrique suspicion, but I do believe in it, and I do think he very well could be bad. I wouldn't have voted him if we couldn't change votes, but since we can, thought I might as well.
MovingPictures07 wrote: So now here you go trying to subtly push that my behavior was really forced and over the top, just like Dana, yet you're "not making any accusations"?

I don't buy it.

Am I bad or not, Enri?
Seriously?
Does anyone know how this post is suppose to be read, he never clarified what exact he felt was hypocritical.
I absolutely clarified this.
There, however, IS something else I didn't clarify. Why did you get the two confused?
Made wrote: Also, thanks, misread Dom's post.
Explain to me how you "misread" my post. Explain to me that "misreading" my post would cause you to think I NEVER clarified on a post that I had made earlier.

I will be honest, I found Juliets post confusion to be suspicious, but I am not sure I would have voted for her-- though, i don't feel like I'm a fair judge of this since I have retrospect at this point.

My Day 1 suspicion on Enrique can be summed up as follows (since people have asked):
I thought his "slip" that he had caught zeke in was very weak and convoluted. I thought he was pushing a lynch on what he thought would be an easy target. I felt his reaction was very insincere.
However, Made has my eye at this point, anyway.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

Listen guys, I doubt I'll survive the Night so I will detail my thoughts on people today instead of safely waiting for Day 2. But not yet.
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

Epignosis wrote:
Enrique wrote:Oh apparently Alzarius is the consensus then... the third one sounded cool to me.
Bullshit it did and I'm sorry I wavered.
Give everyone a chance to vote the way they want...
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 204
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Rest in peace juliets :(
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Dom wrote:Hi everyone! I had a rather exhausting night and just caught up. I will do my best to comment appropriately.
Made wrote:
Dom wrote:I find some of the points on Enrique to be valid. I do. However, I couldn't help but notice how hypocritical MP is being.
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Enrique wrote:No. It's suspicious that he used it without any indication that he was around when it was used.
MovingPictures07 wrote: Fair, I don't feel very strongly about this Enrique suspicion, but I do believe in it, and I do think he very well could be bad. I wouldn't have voted him if we couldn't change votes, but since we can, thought I might as well.
MovingPictures07 wrote: So now here you go trying to subtly push that my behavior was really forced and over the top, just like Dana, yet you're "not making any accusations"?

I don't buy it.

Am I bad or not, Enri?
Seriously?
Does anyone know how this post is suppose to be read, he never clarified what exact he felt was hypocritical.
There, however, IS something else I didn't clarify. Why did you get the two confused?
Explain to me how you "misread" my post. Explain to me that "misreading" my post would cause you to think I NEVER clarified on a post that I had made earlier.
I skipped the quotes when i read you. So i read:
Dom wrote:What makes me furrow my brow is that you seem to be looking at Enrique (who I believe to be suspicious) partially because he is changing stance on you. However, you are doing a similar kind of waffling on him. It doesn't make sense to me
But didn't realize this was a clarification of the hypocritical thing till MP pointed it out to me.

The really shitty thing is I felt that Juliet's lynch was absolute bullshit. Simple phrasing change was a cardinal sin but everything that everyone else did, including but not limited to:
Mr's vote
SVS's removedness
Mp's stunt
Enrique's supatown
Elo's vote
Epi's Suicidalness

While i personally don't think any of these were vote worthy (Beside maybe Elo's vote), the fact that the above were acknowledge and deemed insignificant but juliet wasn't is bothering me.

Also, SVS, start playing better already, like real talk :srsnod: .
Gotrees
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 101

Post by Gotrees »

Sorry guys, I haven't just forgotten about this.

I fell asleep reading through the posts last night and ended up missing the first lynch.

Currently on page nine... ten more to go! I'll weigh in once I get through all that.
Made wrote:I may be new, but i got furry.
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

Okay, so the Valeyard. He must be an Indy. One possibility we must consider is that should he be lynched he could appear as the Doctor. They are genetically the same, the Valeyard being the accidental result of an experiment to try to break the limit on regenerations.

That leave two roles unaccounted for. One could be indy and one civ, or they could be an extra mafia member for each team.

I see Davros, creator of the Daleks, as a possibility. But others fit better with the hidden element of the roles. Obviously the Silence have been mentioned and a lone Weeping Angel is possible. The Beast, a Zygon or Slitheen. Even the Vashda Narada, which are essentially flesh-eating shadows.
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Dom, I'm afraid I don't really understand you right now. What's so terrible about Made missing your clarification? What about it makes him worthy of your eye?

zeek, I personally appreciate these contributions. I actually spent a bit reading the Doctor Who wiki today, and for the first time in my life considered watching the show :p Those last few possible roles you mention, what do you think they could be?

tbh I feel like the secret roles would be indies or maybe another baddie team, as opposed to civs and hidden Daleks/Cybermen. Plenty of roles in the list already have *secret* powers, what would be the point of adding more secrets to those teams?
ImageImageImageImage
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

Why do you think they're not hidden Daleks or Cybermen?
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

Enrique wrote:tbh I feel like the secret roles would be indies or maybe another baddie team, as opposed to civs and hidden Daleks/Cybermen. Plenty of roles in the list already have *secret* powers, what would be the point of adding more secrets to those teams?
Didn't read the properly at first.
Whats the point of having any secret roles at all? Mystery and intrigue.
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

Would it not be easier if you admitted you're bad, enrique?
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

And now you've disappeared, excellent.
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Wait, what?
ImageImageImageImage
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

Come on, no more pretending. Admit it.

Some will understand this, some will not. But I believe you, sir, are mafia.
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

My post explains why I think the way I do... we have a big list of civvies, a big list of Daleks, and a big list of Cybermen (and an indie role). There are 3 more players than there are roles, so we know there's some roles missing. It's just my interpretation, which I'm not trying to force on anyone, that the remaining roles are probably their own faction and not in any of the existing ones. Think about it. Why have "Dalek #1" and "Dalek #2" with secret powers instead of just naming one of then "Davros?"

Now what the hell are you smoking? I was away for a few minutes reading about the Time Lords, and tbh I really should be sleeping considering it's 5am and I have plans for noon. But Jesus Christ the reactions I get sometimes..
ImageImageImageImage
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

That's nothing to do with my thoughts on you. Which I will explain closer to Night's end.

I recommend you give yourself up though, if the other mafia team doesn't kill you, easier for your teammates.
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

These senseless accusations get less and less fun every time. Four total Mafia days since I came back from retirement and they never stop. I look forward to whatever you have to say because it's bullshit anyway. And I don't get why you feel the need to explain until the end of the night when you've already pointed the finger at me? Where were you when juliets was being lynched in my place? What really do you think you're doing?
ImageImageImageImage
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

I've only just come out of retirement myself, but it's not bullshit if I've read the situation correctly. I can't explain now, because that would be reckless. I think I know what I'm doing. All will become clear, enrique.
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

I think I'd know if it was not bullshit. You're about the fifth person to pull an "Enri is clearly bad" out of his ass in this game so far and it keeps being bullshit. Whatever you think you have, fine, what choice do I have but to wait. I don't understand how an explanation of why you've already pointed the finger is reckless, but fine, you play on your terms. Because who the hell needs clarity. I'm not bad and I really don't fucking plan to go down tomorrow.
ImageImageImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Is there a particular reason why you have set yourself to appear as invisible on the forum? It makes it hard to tell whether I should expect a response at any given time.
ImageImageImageImage
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

Is there a particular reason you've been hanging around the forum all morning not really posting until now?

There's not really any reason I'm hidden, I can change it if you'd like.

I'm not pulling it out of my ass and you will get your clarity. Later. Frankly I'm hoping the other mafia team take you out. I will endeavour to post my reasoning as soon as I can, but there is a lot more that I need to observe before I can do that. It's not prudent to do so now.
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

I'm not sure what you're implying at all. I'm posting right now because I'm in a direct exchange with you? I didn't check the forum for a few minutes earlier, give me a fucking break.
ImageImageImageImage
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

You've been online for quite a while and not really posted. I'm not even saying it is suspicious, it was only meant as a retort to your comment on my hiddenness. (I've logged out, unchecked hidden and logged back in, but I'm still hidden for some reason. Must be cache or some shit.)
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

I've been responding to you for over an hour lol. I'm doing other stuff in my phone, so when I switch tabs I remember to check back here.

I'm going to bed anyway. Good day to you.
ImageImageImageImage
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

Good day to you, too, sir :llama:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

zeek wrote:You've been online for quite a while and not really posted. I'm not even saying it is suspicious, it was only meant as a retort to your comment on my hiddenness. (I've logged out, unchecked hidden and logged back in, but I'm still hidden for some reason. Must be cache or some shit.)
It does not remain in cache. You possibly forgot to click the reset button at the bottom of the page before you logged back out and in again. I bet if you go back in, it still says "Hidden". If that is NOT the case, let me know.

I always stay hidden unless I am hosting or modding a game. For various reasons, like work, I quite often am logged in here on phone at work, and occasionally peek in at a game thread, or am wprking on a game of my own. But I grew weary of "She was logged in but didn't post" kinda posts. I also keep my browser open to my commonest sites when I put the laptop to sleep, so lots of times I only go online to check my bank balance, or harass my family on Facebook, and I show up as online here. I think people make too much of that kind of thing, "X was logged in but didn't post", or "Y is invisible, they must be bad". It's like when people used to Chatango spy, it was too meta for my taste. You could always tell who did that, every game they would have a new Chatango alias so people could not do it to them, lol.

I have D & D today, but no plans tonight, so I hope to get a better read on the thread. Starting three games within 24 hours is stressful, lol. Plus that pesky job.
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 30

Post by Bullzeye »

Enrique wrote:Is there a particular reason why you have set yourself to appear as invisible on the forum? It makes it hard to tell whether I should expect a response at any given time.
This wasn't directed at me, but I and many people stay invisible precisely to avoid questions like this:
zeek wrote:You've been online for quite a while and not really posted. I'm not even saying it is suspicious, it was only meant as a retort to your comment on my hiddenness. (I've logged out, unchecked hidden and logged back in, but I'm still hidden for some reason. Must be cache or some shit.)
I often leave myself logged in all day and know that if I was visible there'd be at least one person per game who brought up the fact that I seem to be on a lot more than I post.

I've just moved back into uni and I'm just making a quick post to say check in and say you probably won't see much of me until late tomorrow.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Made wrote:
Dom wrote:Hi everyone! I had a rather exhausting night and just caught up. I will do my best to comment appropriately.
Made wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

I don't buy it.

Am I bad or not, Enri?
Seriously?
I skipped the quotes when i read you. So i read:
Dom wrote:What makes me furrow my brow is that you seem to be looking at Enrique (who I believe to be suspicious) partially because he is changing stance on you. However, you are doing a similar kind of waffling on him. It doesn't make sense to me
But didn't realize this was a clarification of the hypocritical thing till MP pointed it out to me.

The really shitty thing is I felt that Juliet's lynch was absolute bullshit. Simple phrasing change was a cardinal sin but everything that everyone else did, including but not limited to:
Mr's vote
SVS's removedness
Mp's stunt
Enrique's supatown
Elo's vote
Epi's Suicidalness

While i personally don't think any of these were vote worthy (Beside maybe Elo's vote), the fact that the above were acknowledge and deemed insignificant but juliet wasn't is bothering me.

Also, SVS, start playing better already, like real talk :srsnod: .
Made, why were you more concerned with something I did clarify rather than the thing I did not actually clarify?
zeek wrote:Okay, so the Valeyard. He must be an Indy. One possibility we must consider is that should he be lynched he could appear as the Doctor. They are genetically the same, the Valeyard being the accidental result of an experiment to try to break the limit on regenerations.

That leave two roles unaccounted for. One could be indy and one civ, or they could be an extra mafia member for each team.

I see Davros, creator of the Daleks, as a possibility. But others fit better with the hidden element of the roles. Obviously the Silence have been mentioned and a lone Weeping Angel is possible. The Beast, a Zygon or Slitheen. Even the Vashda Narada, which are essentially flesh-eating shadows.
:eye:
Enrique wrote:Dom, I'm afraid I don't really understand you right now. What's so terrible about Made missing your clarification? What about it makes him worthy of your eye?

zeek, I personally appreciate these contributions. I actually spent a bit reading the Doctor Who wiki today, and for the first time in my life considered watching the show :p Those last few possible roles you mention, what do you think they could be?

tbh I feel like the secret roles would be indies or maybe another baddie team, as opposed to civs and hidden Daleks/Cybermen. Plenty of roles in the list already have *secret* powers, what would be the point of adding more secrets to those teams?
What's signficiant is that he was completely wrong about what I didn't clarify. Why?
In addition, how do you both "miss" something and "misread" it?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Re: Dr. Who Mafia! - Night 1

Post by Dom »

I voted for a random planet tbh
zeek
Money Launderer

Re: Dr. Who Mafia! - Night 1

Post by zeek »

Dom wrote:I voted for a random planet tbh
Doubt it. And even if you were voting randomly you wouldn't have voted Alfava Metraxis and then changed.

Return to “Previous Jobs”