Dr. Who Mafia - Night 12

Moderator: Community Team

24 Hour Days?

Poll ended at Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:47 pm

Yes
61%
No
No votes
Votes in this poll are non-changable! (host/non/mod/dead)
39%

Total votes: 18
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 56

Re: Dr. Who Mafia! - Day 2

Post by Elohcin »

Dana wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:That said, I know this sounds strange, but I'm almost confident one of at least Made, Enrique, and Dana has to be bad. I don't know what it is but there's something going on with them. I know Dana is relatively new and takes a while to get opinions formed, but she seems too unaccusatory (this is now a word) to me and she defended Enrique really hard when I was going after him, which at the time I saw as reasoned responses, but who knows? Enri seems genuine to me half the time but the other half of the time I seriously question his intent and he seems a bit easy to waver (though I'm one to talk) and of course not on Epig. And then Made says he's been pinged hard by Epig but his whole case feels contrived, and he's playing such a strange game... he avoided being accusatory for D1 too and explained he would vote one of those people on his angle list, etc. I just am not getting him.

But who knows.
I think you may be onto something with Dana. I have only been in one other game with Dana and she didn't talk much. In fact, Made seem to talk for her a good bit. So, I was going to disagree with your opinion of her being too "unaccusatory". I was thinking, nah, this is normal for her. But then I read that you say she was quite defensive of Enri and that seemed odd so I went back to look at her posts. Her behavior may be seen as that of a newbie baddie. I am going to vote there.
The only game we've played in together was my very first. This one is my third, and I have been unaccusatory every game, especially so early on when there's really not much to go on. I really hate calling people out in general for anything, so playing Mafia has been pretty difficult for me sometimes. Made and Enrique are both very good friends of mine, and I don't know anyone else very well at all, so familiar names are comforting.
Right...you are agreeing that you are unaccusatory. I don't have a problem with that. I have a problem with you being so defensive of Enri. Are you saying you defend him b/c he is familiar/ friend?
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 259

Post by Enrique »

Well then what is it? Why do you say you're considering voting for three people, and then say one of them is just acting like his normal self?

@Bass: Are you considering voting for Epignosis or not?
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 858
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Okay, Daisy, if you're "full on suspicious" of me, and you clearly have only voiced minor suspicions elsewhere, why haven't you voted for me?
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 44

Post by Spacedaisy »

Really Alex? Come on. I say that I am mildly concerned by the fact you two are buddy buddy and I come back and find you have started to rally a lynch around me. What about that would I NOT find suspect?

Linki MP: because I may need to vote to save myself. I don't really WANT to die.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Dana
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 145
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Dana »

Elohcin wrote:
Dana wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:That said, I know this sounds strange, but I'm almost confident one of at least Made, Enrique, and Dana has to be bad. I don't know what it is but there's something going on with them. I know Dana is relatively new and takes a while to get opinions formed, but she seems too unaccusatory (this is now a word) to me and she defended Enrique really hard when I was going after him, which at the time I saw as reasoned responses, but who knows? Enri seems genuine to me half the time but the other half of the time I seriously question his intent and he seems a bit easy to waver (though I'm one to talk) and of course not on Epig. And then Made says he's been pinged hard by Epig but his whole case feels contrived, and he's playing such a strange game... he avoided being accusatory for D1 too and explained he would vote one of those people on his angle list, etc. I just am not getting him.

But who knows.
I think you may be onto something with Dana. I have only been in one other game with Dana and she didn't talk much. In fact, Made seem to talk for her a good bit. So, I was going to disagree with your opinion of her being too "unaccusatory". I was thinking, nah, this is normal for her. But then I read that you say she was quite defensive of Enri and that seemed odd so I went back to look at her posts. Her behavior may be seen as that of a newbie baddie. I am going to vote there.
The only game we've played in together was my very first. This one is my third, and I have been unaccusatory every game, especially so early on when there's really not much to go on. I really hate calling people out in general for anything, so playing Mafia has been pretty difficult for me sometimes. Made and Enrique are both very good friends of mine, and I don't know anyone else very well at all, so familiar names are comforting.
Right...you are agreeing that you are unaccusatory. I don't have a problem with that. I have a problem with you being so defensive of Enri. Are you saying you defend him b/c he is familiar/ friend?
Yes, that is exactly what I'm saying. I have no idea if he's bad or not, but he doesn't seem to be acting too differently from his normal self. I defended him because I thought MP's attack of him was a bit uncalled for.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Spacedaisy wrote:Really Alex? Come on. I say that I am mildly concerned by the fact you two are buddy buddy and I come back and find you have started to rally a lynch around me. What about that would I NOT find suspect?

Linki MP: because I may need to vote to save myself. I don't really WANT to die.
So you're essentially no u'ing me? How is it suspect? I clearly laid out all of my trains of thought throughout the game. Am I not allowed to suspect you?

Okay, fair (@ the linki).

Look, I'll consider the possibility that I'm wrong; in fact, I'm incredibly nervous. But I remain firm in that you are my top suspect at the moment and for what I believe to be good reasons.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Spacedaisy wrote:Really Alex? Come on. I say that I am mildly concerned by the fact you two are buddy buddy and I come back and find you have started to rally a lynch around me. What about that would I NOT find suspect?

So you're essentially no u'ing me? How is it suspect? I clearly laid out all of my trains of thought throughout the game. Am I not allowed to suspect you?

Look, I'll consider the possibility that I'm wrong; in fact, I'm incredibly nervous. But I remain firm in that you are my top suspect at the moment and for what I believe to be good reasons.
How can this be a no u, when I was the first one to voice suspicion of you. I think technically, you are the one pulling a no u.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Spacedaisy wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

How can this be a no u, when I was the first one to voice suspicion of you. I think technically, you are the one pulling a no u.
You didn't voice suspicion of me; you said the fact that S~V~S and I were "buddy buddy" was concerning. You never said you suspected me. In fact, given you defended me hard for most of the game, I was shocked when you came back to respond and found me full on suspicious.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Oh for the love. Whatever
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 56

Post by Elohcin »

Dana wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
Dana wrote:
Elohcin wrote:

But who knows.
Yes, that is exactly what I'm saying. I have no idea if he's bad or not, but he doesn't seem to be acting too differently from his normal self. I defended him because I thought MP's attack of him was a bit uncalled for.
Okay, well that is not a good reason IMO. I think we ought to defend those we think are civvie despite out RL involvement with them. If I don't have to vote to save myself, you will get my vote.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Well, whatever, I'm still not changing my vote, sorry. If you do get lynched and flip civvie, then I owe you one. But I just can't fathom some of your actions as anything but suspicious and your responses haven't helped me there, just made me more nervous.
Dana
Drug Dealer

Post by Dana »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Spacedaisy wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

You didn't voice suspicion of me; you said the fact that S~V~S and I were "buddy buddy" was concerning. You never said you suspected me. In fact, given you defended me hard for most of the game, I was shocked when you came back to respond and found me full on suspicious.
She also came back to find you full on leading her lynch. I still don't really see why you're so certain she's bad, she definitely just seems frustrated to me. If I came back to see I had the most votes a few hours from the lynch, I'd probably be pretty suspicious of the person who laid out the suspicions of me.

Voting for Epig now before I forget.
Dana
Drug Dealer

Post by Dana »

Elohcin wrote:
Dana wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
Dana wrote:
Elohcin wrote:

But who knows.
Okay, well that is not a good reason IMO. I think we ought to defend those we think are civvie despite out RL involvement with them. If I don't have to vote to save myself, you will get my vote.
I do think he's civvie, if I didn't think he was, then I wouldn't have defended him.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Dana wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Spacedaisy wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

She also came back to find you full on leading her lynch. I still don't really see why you're so certain she's bad, she definitely just seems frustrated to me. If I came back to see I had the most votes a few hours from the lynch, I'd probably be pretty suspicious of the person who laid out the suspicions of me.

Voting for Epig now before I forget.
Wait, why? Can't I just be an incorrect civvie? Why turn on the person who may just genuinely you're bad?
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

I usually see eye to eye with Dana and look at her as civvie, but I don't really agree with the way she worded her last post. I know her very well, I agree with most of her opinions so far in this game, yes, but we're not playing favorites.

I actually find it kind of funny that she said I'm not "acting too differently from my normal self." We played once together and throughout the whole game she kept saying I read like a different person in Mafia than on IRC or anywhere outside of it :p I was civvie for the first half of that game and bad for the second (life was too short :(), so I'd rather Dana defend me because she agrees with my views than because of my meta, which doesn't really say a lot. Fortunately I think she does :)
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Dana wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
Dana wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
Dana wrote:
Elohcin wrote:

But who knows.
I do think he's civvie, if I didn't think he was, then I wouldn't have defended him.
:eye:

CONTRADICTION! You just said before "I have no idea if he's bad or not". Explain?
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Also, her last post = many posts ago. You guys keep talking and there's so much damn linkitis.
ImageImageImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 83

Post by Black Rock »

I'm going to stick with my suspicion of Enrique and vote his way today.
ImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Alex, not to speak for her, but let's just go with "she's leaning civvie." I think she's a civ too but I can't know if I'm right. It's too early to have any solid info on anyone. What she just said is super standard and I don't know why you'd be so quick to jump on her.

linki- Oh hi BR nice to see you!
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

And if you already somewhat suspected that person. Expressed some mild concern about them, and then came back to find they were leading your lynch. Wouldn't that vault that person to the top of your suspect list. I'm not bad Alex.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Enrique wrote:Alex, not to speak for her, but let's just go with "she's leaning civvie." I think she's a civ too but I can't know if I'm right. It's too early to have any solid info on anyone. What she just said is super standard and I don't know why you'd be so quick to jump on her.

linki- Oh hi BR nice to see you!
I don't understand, how is "I do think he's a civvie" and "I have no idea if he's bad or not" the same?

And you know, I would have preferred she answered this and not you. ;) Deja vu much? :p
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Spacedaisy wrote:And if you already somewhat suspected that person. Expressed some mild concern about them, and then came back to find they were leading your lynch. Wouldn't that vault that person to the top of your suspect list. I'm not bad Alex.
I don't know, maybe, it depends on the specific circumstances.

Look, what do you want me to do? It's just as much against my interest to come out about you as bad and be incorrect as it is against yours to do the same to me, but I can't let that interfere at all with my evaluation. I'm willing to consider a possibility where you're not bad, but I just don't feel compelled to jump off your case at the moment. I'm really sorry if you are civvie.

Do you have any other thoughts/suspects?
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

I've already listed all of my thoughts.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Spacedaisy wrote:I've already listed all of my thoughts.
So you have no thoughts about Enrique, Epig, Elo, or anyone else whose name starts with an E? :p
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Fair enough. I still wanted to point out that I see nothing wrong with her post.

Alex, do you have any idea whether Epig is bad or not? Let's put it like this. There's some people I trust and agree with more than others. This is the post you're looking at:
So I don't get it. She's obviously defending me because she thinks I'm good. She expresses clearly right there that she thinks I'm acting like my normal self. How is that too different to saying she thinks I'm a civ?
ImageImageImageImage
Dana
Drug Dealer

Post by Dana »

Enrique wrote:I usually see eye to eye with Dana and look at her as civvie, but I don't really agree with the way she worded her last post. I know her very well, I agree with most of her opinions so far in this game, yes, but we're not playing favorites.

I actually find it kind of funny that she said I'm not "acting too differently from my normal self." We played once together and throughout the whole game she kept saying I read like a different person in Mafia than on IRC or anywhere outside of it :p I was civvie for the first half of that game and bad for the second (life was too short :(), so I'd rather Dana defend me because she agrees with my views than because of my meta, which doesn't really say a lot. Fortunately I think she does :)
I mostly gotten used to your mafia-ness, I think. What I was so surprised about in python was the bigish words and the "formalness" I guess you could say. Even though this isn't really formal, it does take a lot more thought than just chatting on IRC.
MovingPictures07 wrote:CONTRADICTION! You just said before "I have no idea if he's bad or not". Explain?
I meant "I have no idea" as in "I don't know for certain." I THINK that he's probably civvie but I have no idea if I'm right or not.

Linki- Yeah, Enri gets me, yo. I mean what
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Enrique wrote:Fair enough. I still wanted to point out that I see nothing wrong with her post.

Alex, do you have any idea whether Epig is bad or not? Let's put it like this. There's some people I trust and agree with more than others. This is the post you're looking at:
So I don't get it. She's obviously defending me because she thinks I'm good. She expresses clearly right there that she thinks I'm acting like my normal self. How is that too different to saying she thinks I'm a civ?
Thanks, I think I better understand the juxtaposition of the two statements. They just read contradictory because "uncalled for" didn't imply to me in the context of that sentence that it was necessarily for suspicions (or anti-suspicions)-related reasons, if that makes sense.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 439

Post by Epignosis »

Everybody is probably a civilian.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Dana wrote:
Enrique wrote:I usually see eye to eye with Dana and look at her as civvie, but I don't really agree with the way she worded her last post. I know her very well, I agree with most of her opinions so far in this game, yes, but we're not playing favorites.

I mostly gotten used to your mafia-ness, I think. What I was so surprised about in python was the bigish words and the "formalness" I guess you could say. Even though this isn't really formal, it does take a lot more thought than just chatting on IRC.
MovingPictures07 wrote:CONTRADICTION! You just said before "I have no idea if he's bad or not". Explain?
I meant "I have no idea" as in "I don't know for certain." I THINK that he's probably civvie but I have no idea if I'm right or not.

Linki- Yeah, Enri gets me, yo. I mean what
Got it. Thanks! I just read it as "He could be a bad or a civvie for all I know" or something to that effect, so I was confused.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Epignosis wrote:Everybody is probably a civilian.
Well, this is true.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Elo's fly by vote did not sit well with me, but I don't find it out of character for her play style.

Epi has annoyed me with his approach, but other than being spectacularly wrong about Juliets, I have not seen any suspicion.

Enrique I have felt both way sat different times. Right now I have no feeling on him either way.

I don't think Dana is bad fwiw, even though her name doesn't start with an E.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Spacedaisy wrote:Elo's fly by vote did not sit well with me, but I don't find it out of character for her play style.

Epi has annoyed me with his approach, but other than being spectacularly wrong about Juliets, I have not seen any suspicion.

Enrique I have felt both way sat different times. Right now I have no feeling on him either way.

I don't think Dana is bad fwiw, even though her name doesn't start with an E.
Why don't you think Dana is bad?
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

I just don't. Her posts read genuine to me
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 368
It’s my birthday

Post by S~V~S »

New Nephew :D 10 lbs :omg:

Enrique, are you trying to redirect discussion to Epig?

Linki @Daisy~ anyone of any other letter you DO suspect, other than MP or I?
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Spacedaisy wrote:I just don't. Her posts read genuine to me
Oh, okay, thanks!
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Dana you're implying negative things about the way I express myself on IRC, I don't like this :p

linki @ SVS: I do still find him the most suspicious and I'll probably be voting his way. I've said about everything there is to say without having to go back to his Day 0 posts and he's not bothering to answer. So, yeah, I also find the Bass thing pingy as hell.
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

So those who played Bioshock will surely remember the "B is for Baddies" nonsense that floated around.

It seems today the main contenders will likely be "E is for Evil". :P
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Voted. Not sure what I was waiting for.
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

I already mentioned my slight suspicion of DF. I don't have a huge list of suspects to be honest, but I am not going to try to throw mud around hoping to save myself. It is what it is.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 158
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

*shakes fist* b is for baddies. :( I wasn't even bad till way later. *pout*

and cute nephew SVS!!!
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

I'll admit, I'm playing a lazy game so far.

I have no idea who to vote for as I have no suspicions. I am trying to suss one little niggle out though.

*votes SpaceDaisy*

Did I mention I like ties?
Dana
Drug Dealer

Post by Dana »

Enrique wrote:Dana you're implying negative things about the way I express myself on IRC, I don't like this :p
No, I don't mean anything mean or negative! It's just a more informal environment in general.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Chris wrote:I'll admit, I'm playing a lazy game so far.

I have no idea who to vote for as I have no suspicions. I am trying to suss one little niggle out though.

*votes SpaceDaisy*

Well, this is nervewracking.

You have no suspicions at all yet?
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Chris c'mon dude :p
ImageImageImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Oh so Bass voted for me. Cool. Look forward to hearing a reason.
ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 368
It’s my birthday

Post by S~V~S »

bea wrote:*shakes fist* b is for baddies. :( I wasn't even bad till way later. *pout*

and cute nephew SVS!!!
Thanks! He's got Jerrys ears~ we are hoping for the eyes :D
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

MovingPictures07 wrote:

*votes SpaceDaisy*

Yet? It's day two, and I replaced in like 2 real life days ago, or something like that.

So, to answer your question, no. I have no suspicions yet.

Well, except the fact that you find it odd that I have no suspicions... :eye:

LOL.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Chris wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

*votes SpaceDaisy*

Yet? It's day two, and I replaced in like 2 real life days ago, or something like that.

So, to answer your question, no. I have no suspicions yet.

Well, except the fact that you find it odd that I have no suspicions... :eye:

LOL.
Did I say it was odd? I said it was nervewracking. :p

Anyway, I look forward to hearing your suspicions once you do have them. No rest for the newly replaced. :srsnod:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

There are still a lot of votes missing... this could go any number of ways. Man, I'm so nervous!
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 439

Post by Epignosis »

This is mildly concerning.

Mafia strategy 101:

Set up a dilemma (or a trilemma, if you are that way inclined) whereby the lynch candidates have to vote each other in order to ensure survival.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/

Return to “Previous Jobs”