Dr. Who Mafia - Night 12

Moderator: Community Team

24 Hour Days?

Poll ended at Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:47 pm

Yes
61%
No
No votes
Votes in this poll are non-changable! (host/non/mod/dead)
39%

Total votes: 18
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 407

Re: Dr. Who Mafia - Day 4

Post by Dom »

Epig, that behemoth is quite impressive. I might be willing to vote Enrique for the day because of it.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 368

Post by S~V~S »

Yeah, his posts on Juliets were convincing, too.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Re: Dr. Who Mafia! - Day 1

Post by S~V~S »

Lets not forget this gem during the Juliets lynch:
Epignosis wrote:
S~V~S wrote:Those are possibly the bandwagony-est votes I have ever seen.
Isn't it cool?

I vote Enrique and he takes votes.

I vote juliets and she takes votes.

I love my power.

Enrique may be bad, I dunno, but his first post on coming back, Epi says:
Epignosis wrote:Enrique.

Daddy's back.

Other people are bad, not just potentially Enrique. Last time we followed Epi, we lost Juliets 1.0. Not sure I want to go back down that road until we sort out what happened during the last lynch. Epi came back as a new person same as the old person. FIRST post back, threatens Enrique. He has been on Enrique since day zero, with a time out to lynch Juliets.
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 106
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

Chris - Great side note :p I totes agree!

I doubt I would vote for MP but I agree his game is quite wonky. This last day he felt kind of petulant. He gets that quality of tone in his posts when he is good and loves his role normally then is accused of being bad - so it makes me feel like I should just watch him for now to confirm how I feel bc I could be way off base here.

As for Made - yes lately this game he is acting different. He is more quiet and subdued. Some of Dom's points I feel are valid but some are just a bit off feeling to me. Idk if that is Dom or Made making me feel that way tbh. I do feel as if more bad than good has been pointed out about Made tbqh. I could vote for Made just to find some clarity this game and poss give us some leads on where to look next.

Epi (and Enrique too) - way to slug-fest your way back into a game :p Some of your points feel forced while others feel on the mark. I do not think it makes Enrique Made's teammate just bc Enrique does not agree with you. Maybe he does not agree with you bc you have been on his case since Day 0. You die and get right back on him. Maybe he is disagreeing with you just to disagree - understand? I am not saying you are right or wrong here but tbph your track record as a baddie hunter is not all that great. In fact you have lead more civ lynches as a civ than anyone else I know. Could you be right this time? Sure but I just do not trust you straight out since you replaced back in. You could have come back as a wolf in sheeps clothing. I am watching for now but I do doubt I would follow your vote here today.

Hedge - little Hedgey - I have not forgotten about you. I guess people just are not seeing what I am so maybe I am seeing things? I felt what I feel. Its all based on your style and me comparing it to LOST. I see TH feels the same but betwixt the two of us I do not see your lynch happening today. But maybe after the drama of all this (Made vs Dom vs Epi vs Enrique) is past we could all take a closer look at you. In the meantime have you ever finished catching up? How about sharing some thoughts?? You have been playing catch up since I first called you out :p

My focus will be on what Made has to say today and I am hoping MP pulls himself out of the corner and starts playing again. How silly not to play how you want bc others don't like all your posts. I remember a game when *someone* (read: you) was saying my posts never make any sense and I am always like that. Yes it hurt my feelings but I got over it and continued to post. I hope you will too.

linky SVS I agree wholeheartedly
;)
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

S~V~S wrote:Yeah, his posts on Juliets were convincing, too.
The only difference here is it's not just Epi who's eyeballin' Rico... :noble:
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 106
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

Yah epi was not the only eyeing Juliets either :p
;)
keys56000000000
The Mark
Posts in topic: 328

Post by keys56000000000 »

Man, I love reading Epig's writing. I'm not sure if I agree with his shoot-from-the-hip methods, he seems to have a crazy-brave gambler's confidence, but he's sure entertaining to read. Makes sense that he's an English teacher.

I'm up for an Enriqye lynch, why not. When I was going after MP, Enri defended him pretty heavily, and I remain unconvinced that it was one civ looking out for another. If he flips mafioso, you all should look at MP with me.

I don't really have much to say. I think it was Elo that succinctly posited why Made could be mafia, I never really saw much there until that point, so I'm open to a Made lynch, too.
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I think it was pretty obvious that Made was being saved. If not Made, I would prefer to lynch one of the late Snowy voters, MP, Dana or MM. I lean hardest towards Dana, she really sounded kinda pissy that Snowy was back and able to discuss his own lynch. But I could go for MP as well. I do think that is putting the cart before the horse though. But with those extra votes on the civs, I stongly prefer that people try to keep the votes fairly compact. I am willing to compromise to do so, and hope others will as well.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 407

Post by Dom »

A lot of people agreed with a Snow Dog suspicion too... and Epig... enough to get them lynched. . . does that mean we never vote with that person again?
S~V~S wrote:I think it was pretty obvious that Made was being saved. If not Made, I would prefer to lynch one of the late Snowy voters, MP, Dana or MM. I lean hardest towards Dana, she really sounded kinda pissy that Snowy was back and able to discuss his own lynch. But I could go for MP as well. I do think that is putting the cart before the horse though. But with those extra votes on the civs, I stongly prefer that people try to keep the votes fairly compact. I am willing to compromise to do so, and hope others will as well.
I would like a Made or Enrique lynch?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Dom wrote:
A lot of people agreed with a Snow Dog suspicion too... and Epig... enough to get them lynched. . . does that mean we never vote with that person again?
S~V~S wrote:I think it was pretty obvious that Made was being saved. If not Made, I would prefer to lynch one of the late Snowy voters, MP, Dana or MM. I lean hardest towards Dana, she really sounded kinda pissy that Snowy was back and able to discuss his own lynch. But I could go for MP as well. I do think that is putting the cart before the horse though. But with those extra votes on the civs, I stongly prefer that people try to keep the votes fairly compact. I am willing to compromise to do so, and hope others will as well.
I would like a Made or Enrique lynch?
No, it doesn't mean we never vote with them again. But I don't trust his instincts. This was his first post after the Juliets lynch:
Epignosis wrote:
juliets wrote:After the lynch is over Epi is going to say he is not sorry because, he will say, I did baddie things. Or made mistakes that couldn't be corrected. Keep in mind people make mistakes like posting in the wrong thread all the time - civs and baddies It sure would be nice to know what those baddie things are that I did. Please the rest of you, hound Epi when he says something is so and make him explain himself. This is what happens when you let him get away with thinking things are one way and no one challenges him. Remember if you are civ it could be you next. He and someone else votes for you, people come in the thread who are tired and just take the easy way.
This.
He has literally been gunning for Enrique since Day Zero. I would rather let someone else drive, tbh. His very first post after replacing back in was warning Enrique. I think he has tunnelvision, and i think he is a very convincing writer, and I think he is a true believer. He really really believes everything he says, and that confidence is convincing. I don't feel comfortable trusting him at this time.

But I want to lynch Made most. Which is why I voted for him. But again, i am willing to compromise not to have too much of a vote spread.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 439

Post by Epignosis »

I haven't literally been gunning for anyone. :huh:

:driveby:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 58

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

epig you make some good points about enrique i am going to be voting him also today . Just so everyone knows I'm going to dinner at a friends house tonight and won't be on till later and now I am trying to post on a phone with a broke screen thats i'm keeping it short now.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 375

Post by Snow Dog »

Epignosis was right so often in the last game I played with him that I feel quite comfortable with his instincts. Ok, Juliets apart, we all make mistakes sometimes. I feel Made is bad but the case on Enrique has convinced me more. I am voting enrique.

Oh and from now on I am not staying up and worrying and getting no sleep. I'll vote now. Maybe change it later if something comes up but that's it. I'm going to sleep. I was knackered after the night of my lynch.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Like I said I don't know if Enriques bad or not. I just really want to address what happened in Snow Dogs lynch more. And now, once again, all we are talking about is what Epi wants to talk about. Hopefully Enrique is bad, and hopefully we have a clear majority.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I will be back later to change my vote if need be.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 204
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Snowy, was there anything besides Epi's case that has you convinced about Enrique?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 123
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Made »

Sorry for like not talking at all this weekend. It's been a weird one to say the least.

Anyways, plan to respond to all criticism of myself and all others when I get home.
Pov: you reading my takes
zeek
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 683

Post by zeek »

Happy voting Made, Enrique antifebrile MetalMarsh.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

juliets wrote:Snowy, was there anything besides Epi's case that has you convinced about Enrique?
To be honest no, not really othewrise i would have names him as a suspect earlier. If you remember I was previously voting between hedge, daisy and Made. Hedge because of your suspicions, Daisy due to MP and SVS and Made from my own suspicion.

You think I should stick with my own suspicion?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

Voted Enrique, Nick wish bilboes could say more. His survival Typhoony theophobist case is endaemonism for me.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Snow Dog wrote:
juliets wrote:Snowy, was there anything besides Epi's case that has you convinced about Enrique?
To be honest no, not really othewrise i would have names him as a suspect earlier. If you remember I was previously voting between hedge, daisy and Made. Hedge because of your suspicions, Daisy due to MP and SVS and Made from my own suspicion.

My opinion is you should vote for whoever you think is bad no matter whether it was your own suspicion or originally someone else's. I was just asking about Enrique because I'm trying to make sure I understand everything about the case against him. I thought you might have another piece.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 93

Post by DFaraday »

After finally catching up, I do find both Epi and Dom to make compelling points regarding their respective nemeses. However, I agree with SVS that Made was very likely saved, and I think that if Enrique is bad, he's teamed with Made. I feel more confident about Made being a baddie than Enrique overall though.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

juliets wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:

My opinion is you should vote for whoever you think is bad no matter whether it was your own suspicion or originally someone else's. I was just asking about Enrique because I'm trying to make sure I understand everything about the case against him. I thought you might have another piece.
Sorry, no. I may do a read of him though.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Enrique wrote:I honestly don't understand how people take Epignosis seriously. :shrug:
Because, for me at least, he is good at finding mafia. And his argument seems pretty good this time as well. So that's a double whammy.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Re: Dr. Who Mafia - Night 3

Post by Snow Dog »

Enrique wrote:
sabie12 wrote:I participate when I can I'm just not around that often and when not much is going on I don't say much. This particular poll doesn't take much discussion. It's all the same thing. Made and enrique are still my suspects and I'm still not sure what to think of MP and his super long posts suspecting a bunch of different people. Not sure what went down with the Snow Dog thing. I didn't see anything suspicious there and was unsure as to why people really wanted to vote for them in the first place. I hadn't seen a lot of posts prior to that regarding them so I thought it was weird that all of the sudden a bunch of people moved to lynch a civvie. Also, wary of Epi coming back not sure what to think of that yet.
The whole Snow Dog case is there for you to see, not before, but during the lynch. He changed his vote several times according to what anyone told him to do. Of course it turned out to be the wrong choice, but it's not really fair to say he got lynched for no reason.

Like, trust me guys, I'm not intentionally setting myself up for failure with every vote. If I'd thought Snow Dog was a civvie I wouldn't have voted for him. Second vote, too, when there were three different people with 3 votes, one with 4 and one with 5. Not trying to save anyone. But I still thought he was hella suspicious so my vote went there.

linki @ Epig- Not following.
Well that's just a lie. Show me where i was told to change my vote!
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

See, the thing about Made "being saved" is that if he was in fact saved, it was a very hasty and obvious save.

That's why I'm fearful that it wasn't a save...
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

So Enrique, lying? Not a good idea when people are assessing you for a possible vote. What's your side of the story?

And yeah Chris, I'm trying to work through the whole saving made vote myself. Was it or wasn't it?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 259

Post by Enrique »

Just woke up. I look pretty screwed. I'll catch up in a bit.

Lying about what? Snow Dog would literally follow anyone's lead, vote, then ask someone completely different who he should vote for. That's a thing that happened. Exactly the kind of thing Epig would call moving around.

Chris, the reason I don't think it was a save is because there were SO many lynch candidates, and SD didn't start getting votes until the end. Plus, I think at least MP, Dana and zeek are civvie. MM's vote was sketchy as hell and I have no idea about Gotrees, but I definitely don't think the entire lynch was a "save."
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

Enrique wrote:Plus, I think at least MP, Dana and zeek are civvie.
Setting up a few more civvie lynches when you Dusty Spoon bad King of Hearts see.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Enrique wrote:Just woke up. I look pretty screwed. I'll catch up in a bit.

Lying about what? Snow Dog would literally follow anyone's lead, vote, then ask someone completely different who he should vote for. That's a thing that happened. Exactly the kind of thing Epig would call moving around.

Chris, the reason I don't think it was a save is because there were SO many lynch candidates, and SD didn't start getting votes until the end. Plus, I think at least MP, Dana and zeek are civvie. MM's vote was sketchy as hell and I have no idea about Gotrees, but I definitely don't think the entire lynch was a "save."
Nobody told me to vote for anything. I asked people who to vote for, just to see what they would say, but nobody told me to vote anything. Did they?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Epignosis wrote:
Enrique wrote:Because obviously, you are the only player capable of picking up on potential baddie behavior. I didn't follow your vote for juliets, that's absolute bullshit, I have my own reasons and followed through on the player I thought was likeliest to be bad.
Not buying it. If I had not brought it up, NO ONE would have voted for juliets. Including you. If I hadn't said anything against juliets, you wouldn't have said anything about her. Would you like to know how I know that? Because you only interacted with juliets once, and you agreed with her. It wasn't until I made my case against her that you latched onto it like a leech. And then you turn around and lynch poor K9.
How full of yourself do you need to be? The time I had interacted with her before, her "slip" hadn't happened yet. I saw that and immediately thought of the worst. It's not exactly like you had spoken out against her before, either.
Enrique wrote:I did express suspicion of you first, and finally gave in to it on Day 2:
Day 2?
Enrique wrote:Voted. Not sure what I was waiting for.
Enrique wrote:Oh so Bass voted for me. Cool. Look forward to hearing a reason.
There was more dancing on Day 2 than there was actual substance from Enrique, but I'll let others comb through that ballroom. Enrique demanded others give a reason when they voted for him, but he didn't come up with one until near the end.
But wait, you literally just brought up how I found you suspicious? You honestly don't think I ever made a post about you? Do I need to link all of those now? The post you quoted before is essential here.
I don't need to ask Mafia why they found civilians suspicious. I understand their reasons.
If I had a penny for every time you shrugged me off. :)
Enrique wrote:You turned out civvie, so clearly, the problem here is that our playstyles don't mesh.
The vilest word in Mafia is "clearly," which is both an evil adverb and one that assumes everyone agrees with you. I don't have a play style. People think I do. I don't. I do whatever amuses me at the time. You may have a play style, and I have no problem with yours. The problem is that you got a bad role, and that you didn't do a very good job on Day 1 concealing it.
... Epignosis, stop. You're allowed to be pretentious, but a little self-awareness doesn't hurt. Of course you have a playstyle, and it's one that will never let us play together without being at each other's throats.
Enrique wrote:But you were still hella suspicious and honestly I don't think you've contributed anything to the civvie cause all game. So how's that?
Ah, I'm still suspicious and haven't contributed.

Well now, let's see.

I got one civilian lynched. You nailed three in a row- well done. I want to lynch you and have been wanting to since Day 1. You say things like "hella suspicious." :rolleyes: Since you've leveled this accusation against me, what have YOU contributed to the civilian cause? Besides reducing their numbers and making it easier for them to figure out who's bad, I mean.
Key difference: I'm trying. We're gonna see at endgame who came closer to the truth.
Enrique wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Enrique wrote:All these people online who haven't voted are making me nervous. So easy to switch the tide at the last possible second.
Why should this make him nervous? Think about it folks: We can switch our votes here as often as we like. What difference does it make that people were online and hadn't voted? This concern was a VOID concern. It gives the sense of urgency without there actually being any.
This is such a terrible argument. So last second saves aren't a thing in the universe from where you play mafia? It was a tight lynch with several votes still missing, perfectly open for manipulation. I had multiple people agree with me on this point, and guess what? We had a last second vote-change from Snow Dog (I think his third change in that phase alone after asking about anyone who he should vote for) and up to six people thought that was worth lynching him for.
Enrique wrote:Really tempted to vote for Snow Dog. That last minute vote change doesn't sit well with me at all.
Including you. You voted Snow Dog over a vote change. That's it. No other reason given.
Is that not a reason? Because five other people voted with me. Is every case in this game null unless you make it?
Enrique wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:I guess I'm switching to Snow Dog for now, just to get it off LC.

Linki MM: Why should I vote Made?
To save Snow Dog / Hedgie, duh.
Duh indeed.

You think Made is good and people were trying to save Snow Dog or Hedgeowl? So...are you going to vote Hedgeowl? Of course not. You need to see which way the wind is blowing. You need to see someone call out someone who mistakenly posted in another thread. You need to see some support against someone who wants to lynch you. You need to see someone switch his vote.

You have no real suspicions. You are (to use a term that maintains currency with my students) "fake."
Honestly I'll probably just have to vote for whoever isn't me this lynch. I started out with three guaranteed votes against me, and have only been getting more. The only person I can be 100% sure of in this game is myself, so yeah, in all likelihood I'm gonna be a bitch and vote to save myself. Didn't I vote for Snow Dog yesterday? Doesn't that go hand in hand with the post you're quoting?
Enrique wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Three civilian lynches- the only one to participate in all three. Where is Long Con now to say someone is Mafia hiding in plain sight? Ah, there he is- "suspecting" both Enrique and Made but voting for Made. :eye:

I think Enrique needs to go, and I'm not even done saying it.
"Hiding in plain sight" wasn't a valid argument when LC used it against you, was it? So why the hell do you think I'd spend every lynch on this game having a civvie killed? Clearly my judgement hasn't been on point but it's bullshit to pin all of this on me.
Because you're bad? :shrug:

Ugh, and "clearly" again. Get that shit out of here. Image
Trust me, the baddies' endgame in mafia isn't setting themselves up for failure with every lynch. They have a nightkill. They kill people with it. I think they're good as long as their team isn't being lynched.
Enrique wrote:If you get me lynched today, which is a strong possibility considering I'm pretty much starting the day with 3 votes, I'll find some comfort in knowing the thread will know how full of shit you are. Don't pretend you're an expert baddie hunter, Epignosis, you're embarrassing yourself.
Sorry. I choose to pretend I'm an Expert Baddie Hunter. It's fun. Bet you don't even know any real expert baddie hunters.
I'd like a look at your track record so far. A quick skim of the Hall of Fame tells me you've never won a game as a civvie, and I've never seen you lead the charge against a baddie. Can I take a look at your credentials?
Enrique wrote:
Epignosis wrote:To answer your question more directly, Dom, it looks to me like Enrique is still dancing and his partner Long Con is trying to suspect him while protecting him.
Oh, man, LC too? How many partners does that leave me at? I don't think there's a team with sufficient space for me, LC, Made, Dana and MP together. Never mind one that would be outed so quickly.
When you're gone, I'll work out your teammates. That's because I'm pretending to be an expert baddie hunter for the next couple of weeks. I even have a badge! Image
When I'm gone you lose all credibility, so don't get too excited :p

Enrique wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Dom wrote:Epig, do you think my concerns with Made are valid?
English teacher fail.

I didn't directly address your question at all. :derp:
Dom wrote:Initially, Made said he missed something I said, and subsequently said he misread it. I thought teammates had filled him in on something, and he screwed up. I pressured. Response: lashing out, no u, misrepresentation. Then, he got very angry, and that read as even more baddie. He seems cornered.
It has also been said that Made has been behaving differently than in other games. My sample size is small, but I'd say "lashing out, no u, misrepresentation" is par for the course when he's good. Image

If I am suspicious of Made, it's because he's defended Enrique, who moves around more than Bill Clinton's underwear. :D
Move around where? Can you please cite some examples? Because I don't know what the hell you're talking about.
You vote with Ep1 against jul1ets, then vote against Ep1. You vote with MM against Snow Dog and then say you're going to vote against MM. That's moving around. I would like you to stop moving altogether. :)
Wait, you mean I'm moving around because I'm voting for a different person every day? You... do realize I haven't had a choice, right? I can't even handle this argument.
Enrique wrote:
Long Con wrote:That's not accurate, I have never defended Enrique. The post you quoted earlier where I discussed Made and Enrique was intended to convey that I'm suspicious of both. I chose Made for this lynch because of the value we may find in regards to the Snow Dog lynch.

Obviously you suspect me now, so that's something. I'm not a baddie this time.
Wait, so was I wrong to interpret this post
Long Con wrote:Epig, you assume you get better as you go. I posit that your ego may convince you that you are a improving, despite evidence to the contrary. :D
as you sharing my view that Epignosis is full of shit? Because that's how it reads to me. He has no idea what he's talking about, he just got a hate boner for me and needs to get it out of his system somehow. Regardless of what my role turns out to be, he'll feel like he proved a point somehow, and I'm honestly really annoyed by that.
You just uttered four different thoughts here. "Full of shit" means I'm lying. "No idea" what I'm talking about means I'm ignorant. A "hate boner" is something I will interpret as a sad youthful example of figurative language meaning "I don't like you." "Proving a point" means I have a point and I mean to prove it no matter what, win conditions be damned. All four scenarios cannot possibly be true.

Yes, I daresay I would be quite annoyed if I were that confused.
That's a nice interpretation. How do you like this one: Full of shit means you're wrong, no idea means you're wrong, hate boner means you won't let go, and proving a point means you'll do the exact same thing you do with juliets and shrug it off as "he acted bad" while maintaining pride in the fact that you could get somebody lynched.
Enrique wrote:Don't know what you're doing, Epig, but if you actually think I'm bad then you can probably make some sort of case without all the misrepresentation and hypocrisy.
Yeah, Snow Dog could've used a case. "Really tempted to vote for Snow Dog. That last minute vote change doesn't sit well with me at all." That's all you gave him.

But how's this post? Is this case enough for you? Image
Nope, you're still doing the same thing.
Enrique wrote:linki- What? How did not I address his point? His was a ridiculous question, can hardly even call it a point. I don't vote for whoever I think will be lynched at any given day, that's just stupid.
For context, I'll put this here:
Enrique wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Enrique wrote:
juliets wrote:I see Epi - thats what I mean about things slipping through that seem small that add up to something bigger. I'll be interested to see what Enrique has to say about your observation.
I can tell you I thought all 3 were bad at the time, and that I really didn't expect a Snow Dog lynch to actually happen that day (or Epig at the time I voted for that matter). I've chosen poorly but considering all 3 of you got lynched it's not exactly like I'm the only one.
Am I interpreting this correctly? That you vote for people you don't think will actually get lynched?

Tell me how that's a civilian strategy. :wonka:
Oh, I missed this post.

I voted for the person I was the most suspicious of... do you actually expect me to be lynched every time you vote for me? I don't understand this argument.
So... you're just re-quoting the quote I'm responding to. Nice. Nice. Still not an argument.
ImageImageImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

zeek wrote:
Setting up a few more civvie lynches when you Dusty Spoon bad King of Hearts see.
I'm sorry are these not opinions I've maintained through the whole game? Have I not been seeing eye to eye with each of you for days now?

I'm gonna flip civvie, so you have nothing to worry about anyway.
ImageImageImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Black Rock wrote:
Dom wrote:
Enrique wrote:
zeek wrote:I want Enrique to explain honeytongued viridescence survived.
MP submergence Elo have explained.
I don't know >_> It's not a part of my role, and while I did receive a recruitment boon, it wasn't anything this big and it's been spent for a while. I can only assume The Master got blocked, or I got protected or something. Regardless, I'm glad it didn't go through.

@Snow Dog: I kinda disagree with the idea that self-preservation "isn't very civvie," since the only people we can be 100% confident on in this game is ourselves. Made didn't even do that, though, he kept his vote for Dom which was the only one. What opportunity did he jump on? Of course he wasn't gonna vote himself..

Honestly, I don't know if there's much more to this case on Made than "he's playing differently" which makes me wary of voting for him. I mean, there's the possibility of a save, but again... how could you possibly pull off a save where this guy had 5 votes and the final lynchee had only one an hour before the lynch? No team has the numbers to pull that off, and even if they did it'd be pretty dumb to all stack their votes on the same player instead of a lynch frontrunner. Made's voters yesterday were pretty much all drive bys, so I'm not sure why we're suddenly giving that "case" so much importance.

So yeah I guess I'm defending him now, I just don't get why people are so insistent that he must be the "focus" today.
Have you even read a single post I have made about Made? You are COMPLETELY misrepresenting the facts. Completely.
He's done that a lot this game. You should reread him. He even tried to do that on what little posts I have made.

I'm voting now. Guess who for...
That's... what you're doing now, BR :p I don't recall ever accusing you of anything in this game other than lack of participation, but if you wanna keep accusing me of shit that's cool.

re: Dom and Made. Honestly I skimmed through most of those posts. It didn't look like anything new was going on after the first couple and you were just getting really heated and personal.
ImageImageImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

zeek wrote:
Enrique wrote:<snip> We had a last second vote-change from Snow Dog <snip>
Thats not true, he panoplied in bed tedge before the deadline.
Yes, and then he came back, changed it again, and got lynched.
ImageImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Enrique wrote:
zeek wrote:
Enrique wrote:<snip> We had a last second vote-change from Snow Dog <snip>
Thats not true, he panoplied in bed tedge before the deadline.
Yes, and then he came back, changed it again, and got lynched.
Yep. I wasn't happy with my Daisy vote. Had to change it. I was dead tired though.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

juliets wrote:I have not re-read Enrique yet but I agree Epi had some good points about him. Of course, Epi had some "good" points about juliets 1.0 too and he was wrong so I really want to look at Enrique's posts before I buy in. Some people have cited his survival as evidence of him being a baddie but we have characters who can survive who are civ. I'm not seeing anything bad about LC yet, though I may have a blind spot where he is concerned. I don't see that he is protecting Enrique. I may vote Enrique today depending on what I find.
Sorry about the quotes. My survival had nothing to do with my role, though, I don't know where that came from. My best guess is that The Master got blocked.

linki: You don't have to defend yourself, I know SD1.0 was a civ. But you can't simply shrug off every vote against you because they were wrong. People hardly get it right in mafia.
ImageImageImageImage
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

Enrique wrote:
zeek wrote:
I'm sorry are these not opinions I've maintained through the whole game? Have I not been seeing eye to eye with each of you for days now?

Beside the point, MP is the only one getting votes. No need in grouping the four of us witworm.
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

keys56000000000 wrote:I'm up for an Enriqye lynch, why not. When I was going after MP, Enri defended him pretty heavily, and I remain unconvinced that it was one civ looking out for another. If he flips mafioso, you all should look at MP with me.
You're doing it again. Dana looked bad so you wanted to vote MP, now MP looks bad so you want to vote for me. Stick to your guns and don't let the votes for me keep piling up please Image

Spoiler: I don't wanna die.
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Enrique, what did you mean when you said:

You... do realize I haven't had a choice, right? I can't even handle this argument.

What do you mean by "you realize I've had no choice"?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

juliets wrote:Enrique, what did you mean when you said:

You... do realize I haven't had a choice, right? I can't even handle this argument.

I can't keep voting for the same person because everyone I've voted for has been lynched.
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Enrique wrote:
juliets wrote:Enrique, what did you mean when you said:

I can't keep voting for the same person because everyone I've voted for has been lynched.
Oh right, duh, don't know why I didn't get that right away.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

zeek wrote:
Enrique wrote:
zeek wrote:

Beside the point, MP is the only one getting votes. No need in grouping the four of us witworm.
Can I ask for your own thoughts on the SD lynch? Do you honestly think he got 6 votes because there was a save going on? Might be something to MM, but I really don't think any of the other voters were trying to save anyone. There would've been much easier ways to go around that, what with all the vote spread, I'm pretty sure.
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 858
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Hello there! So there's about 7 hours until the day period is over, so I figured you folks have had enough time without me.

Did you miss me? ;)

Post coming ASAP. I’m going to try to keep it as short as possible by my standards and considering the amount of content I have yet to comment on… but no promises. :P
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

Enrique wrote:Can I ask for your own thoughts on the SD lynch? Do you honestly think he got 6 votes because there was a save going on? Might be something to MM, but I really don't think any of the other voters were trying to save anyone. There would've been much easier ways to go around that, what with all the vote spread, I'm pretty sure.
I'm voting cocaine you because you machinal obligor why you survived. harelipped think cocaine the Master.
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

And Elo moresque go next.
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

zeek wrote:
Enrique wrote:Can I ask for your own thoughts on the SD lynch? Do you honestly think he got 6 votes because there was a save going on? Might be something to MM, but I really don't think any of the other voters were trying to save anyone. There would've been much easier ways to go around that, what with all the vote spread, I'm pretty sure.
I'm voting cocaine you because you machinal obligor why you survived. harelipped think cocaine the Master.
Well, the post you quoted me on was explaining the SD lynch, so I figured I'd ask.

I don't know how I survived. Whatever it is has nothing to do with my role. Sorry if it doesn't seem like a very good answer but that's all I know :shrug:

What does that last line say? It's not "I think you're The Master," is it? Because you might wanna check who tried to kill me then :p
ImageImageImageImage
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

Enrique wrote:What does that last line say? It's not "I think you're The Master," is it? Because you might wanna check who tried to kill me then :p
Exactly, primordinate irregularity you did what people think MP did.

Or it irregularity be antinomian "cannot be nightkilled" ability of either surveying team.

All these survivals, someone has to recumbency bad.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

RIPIYWG splints, wasn’t sure on you either way. And welcome (well, if you're good), Snow Dog 2.0! Glad that you could come back and play with us nonetheless.

I wasn’t aware I was coming across as petulant with my temporarily ‘final’ post the other day, I certainly didn’t feel as such. Multiple people were complaining about the volume of my posts, perhaps rightfully, and I also felt stressed and pressured to constantly post every single item I was thinking every single time I popped in to check the thread, which turned out to be way too often. I thought about it and came to my own conclusion that I thought it would be really illuminating to see how the thread does without me for most of the day period and to give me somewhat of an emotional break from the game because I’ve been invested so heavily in it. Combined with the fact that I really just have a lot of work to do, that’s why I decided what I did. I’m not upset or cranky or anything, nor did I do this angrily or anything like that, I actually understood where people were coming from, and I also felt myself that I perhaps needed to force myself to be quiet for once and maybe I’d learn something. I also wanted to prove to myself that I could do it. :P Made it about 46 hours, so not too shabby!

The irony in seeing zeek insanified was just too funny. Sorry bud, I know how frustrating that is though. It also confirms Jackie is likely alive instead of dead, which is interesting. The only plausible explanations are: someone hasn’t been sending in their PMs and all of a sudden now has decided to; or, much more likely IMO, a replacement replaced someone who wasn’t sending in their PMs. But who knows for sure?

Made is definitely the way to go today, since it appears to be the most fundamental way to potentially crack open a baddie team, so that’s where I’ll be voting. I find the votes for Enrique logical, given the arguments against Enrique seem notable, but also really kind of strange that there has been such a push for Enrique over Made. Like seriously, right now it's 5 votes for Enrique, 2 for Made, and 1 for me. Never would have expected that. NOTE: In addition to the following thoughts, I also explain another reason that Made should go before Enrique down in my quotes below (in response to zeek).

Depending on the result if Made were lynched, I have a couple of players I’m thinking should go next, including possibly Enrique, but I believe everything sort of becomes strengthened or weakened depending on Made’s flip first, not Enrique’s. Not to mention everyone has been arguing Snow Dog voters are bad, but Enrique doesn't really provide any information on that front. This push makes me just a bit nervous honestly, even if I do see lots of merit in the arguments against Enrique (and I do believe Snow Dog didn't change his vote because anyone asked him to... that's just not true). Nonetheless I feel definitely more comfortable in a vote for Made.

However, as I've stated before, I firmly believe a good portion of the Snow Dog voters were not in fact attempting to save Made, as it would be too obvious and poorly executed (as others have chimed in and said as well). Not to mention the fact that I know I wasn't saving Made. It’s much more likely that maybe one or two Snow Dog voters are actually on Made’s team, or maybe even ZERO, because surely a baddie would think twice about such an obvious save. I suppose we shall see.

Thus my confidence in Made is not due to the alleged save attempt, but after his continued lack of help in baddie hunting this game as well as to determine the alignments of other players, it’s inevitable that he should be lynched today. I've reassessed his behavior and I just think a Made lynch will give us way more information than any other lynch right now, and his behavior definitely doesn't seem too civvie-like, and he doesn't appear to be engaged in this game much at all, which is very un-Made like.

If anyone did save Made though, which I'm not sure any more than one or two would have, my money's on any combination of Enrique, Metalmarsh, or Gotrees. But I suppose that's putting the cart before the horse at the moment.

Just to comment on thoughts I expounded during Night 3, I currently don’t particularly find keys suspicious, and any thoughts I had in that direction were really just a combination of frustration and EXTREME PARANOIA. Lol. Not that I would say I'm confident he's a civvie, but I don’t have any reason to believe he isn't just yet, after evaluating his responses and behavior. Chris I'm less sure, but there are definitely bigger fish to fry, so I'm OK with not delving in certain directions at the moment. Sometimes I get really paranoid that certain people aren't being talked about, but I suppose it's unproductive to talk about literally almost everyone at once. Have to start smaller.

juliets wrote:MP, it doesn't have to be all or none. You could try just reducing the length of your posts by editing them. Or only allow yourself 3 posts a day. Something short of no posts at all.
This was a good point, but I already had resigned myself to my plan, and frankly it was a bit of a relief. I also really didn’t have that much time anyway, I practically have done homework and almost nothing else most of the weekend, and only popped in for a minute or two whenever I needed a break.

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Roxy wrote:Thats right MP you gave him NO time to respond to the votes coming in.
No chance to defend.
You and zeek all over the place.
Snows first game back.
You know him better than me which is why I was dismayed when you did not give him the same chance as Daisy.

You all set up w/e I am going after baddies. Hedge is my target. Idt anything will change my mind about her.
Daisy is not bad though.
This is the post I am wondering about.
MM, it pretty much boils down to I thought about it and re-read the situation and believe I was mistaken.

Refer to response to Roxy here: http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 342#p88342

zeek wrote:Elo, MP and Rico all claiming ripzfx methods of survival. Could Folding Raincoat be true?
I have a theory involving this, and it essentially comes down to the fact that Enrique very well could be The Cyber Controller.

IMO, if it is true, and it would be further proven if Made is lynched today and comes up Cyberman. Then, just spitballing here, but doesn't it make more sense for us to try to lynch Made, and if he comes up Cyberman, then see if Strax would kill Enrique tonight, and if Enrique survives, lynch Enrique tomorrow?

Epignosis wrote:
Elohcin wrote:I just wanted to speak up and say that I am following along in the thread, but I don't have anything to add to the discussions. Does that ever happen to you?
"Never."

-MP
:haha:

zeek wrote:And Elo moresque go next.
Did you just say you think Elo should go next? Why don't you feel a vote for Made this time or next time then?

I realize I may or may not get a coherent answer to the second question until Night 4, but try anyway if you feel you want to.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

On that note,

Voting Made.
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

I stand by my point that that's a terrible strategy and I especially don't think I would've been under any pressure to do that.

There's a lot of potential survival in this game. What is it, 6 attempted kills so far and 3 of them have failed? I don't even know what saved me, but I expect people to keep surviving after I'm dead and you won't be able to go after all of them. Would you be voting for me without this, zeek?
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”