Dr. Who Mafia - Night 12

Moderator: Community Team

24 Hour Days?

Poll ended at Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:47 pm

Yes
61%
No
No votes
Votes in this poll are non-changable! (host/non/mod/dead)
39%

Total votes: 18
keys56000000000
The Mark
Posts in topic: 328

Re: Dr. Who Mafia - Day 6

Post by keys56000000000 »

For you, MP, I will do some reading back. But only because you say all the right things.

I seem to recall saying the same to Enrique. :haha:
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 158
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Black Rock wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Black Rock wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:BR, which players should we look at?
I'm going to be looking at MM today. I'm also going to be looking at players pushing certain lynches I don't agree with. I'm going to have to start some detective work now that Enrique is dead. I'm going to finish reading the night post first though, the bastards tried to kill me. :( I totally noticed Chris' post before I saw that.
Makes sense. Are you looking at MM out of your own accord or due to some of the thoughts I presented or a combination?

Also, what do you mean by looking at players pushing certain lynches you don't agree with? Can you elaborate?
A bit of both. I'm taking from what MM has said and Enrique. You have posted a lot of good thoughts this game. Anyways, between it all I don't trust MM at this point.

I don't wish to elaborate at this time, I want to do my homework first. I'm having troubles with my internet right now. It's up and down so I'm having troubles searching around.

Also, excellent post Hosties. It looks like I have super powers, LC is going to so jealous when he gets home and I show him how I can walk through walls. So very jealous. :srsnod:
Well it certianly has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that you are my birthday sister or that you make the deliciousness. I mean, it was a totally honest post I didn't even write so there's no bias at all. :D :noble: ;)
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
zeek
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 683

Post by zeek »

@Chris

:haha:

At least you only have 48hrs of it :)
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

zeek wrote:@Chris

At least you only have 48hrs of it :)

;)
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 368

Post by S~V~S »

MovingPictures07 wrote:I'm curious what S~V~S and LC (or anyone else, I suppose) think of BR this game.
I have thought about it, and I can't ever recall baddie BR take a leading role. I do not think I am seeing bad BR.

I have been thinking MM was bad since the Snowy lynch; my thoughts on that lynch are a bit less clear to me than they were previously, though. If anything, I thought Dana the most suspicious of the group, now several are vouching for her. And as you said, MP, not sure you or any other bad team would have been so obvious. So I am going to reread MM, and the cases against him.

I have to admit I am having a hard time getting my head into this game with all the vouching and cross vouching I am seeing, with people saying they trust people with no real reason given or implied. This is screwing me up because the people they are saying they trust, like Dana & Daisy pre-death, look/ed very suspicious to me. So I am doubting my gut, but I really don't know WHY. I flip flop all over the place on you, MP. I trusted you early, and then even more due to the Alzarius vote although you denied info (which tbh is what I would have done had not zeek come out and admitted it himself), but then you say some stuff that gets me all :eye: and then you say other stuff that makes me think I am being paranoid about you. Plus Epi trying to evade the insanified dead guys question while trying to push the notion that he did not evade it~ just Epi being "i am what I am", or Epi being slick? Either is possible.

And yeah, comma splices.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 106
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

I will prob vote epi
Mostly bc I feel the case is stronger than Metal or MP. Besides I really feel MP is civ this game. he has that indignant quality to his posts.
;)
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

What is your opinon on Metalmarsh?
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 204
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

SVS's post prompts me to respond to several issues re: MM, MP, and Epi.

I haven't seen what everyone else is seeing on MM. His posts just haven't been memorable to me, but MP looks like he's presented a thorough case. I haven't read it yet nor the response because my eyes just glazed over when i saw how many links were there, but I promise I will read it today. I'll also take a look at your posts SVS because I think you've said something about MM in the past.

MP I have been "flopping all over the place" too about your civviness or baddieness. I want to ask keys and chris - I understand chris probably won't be able to answer this until tomorrow - what specifically has you so convinced MP is bad. There must be something in the beginning and then there must be things along the way that are showing you he is bad. I initially thought he was probably bad because of the zeek shenanigans but I didn't think his "lynch me" was a ploy, I thought it was a genuine reaction to the situation he found himself in. So I'm wondering, is there more than these two things and if so, what? If there is anyone else who can answer this question please step right in but since keys and chris have voted him all along I would think they have the most conclusive evidence (maybe that's a bad assumption).

Epi I am looking forward to whatever you have for us this afternoon and I'm inclined right now to think you are civ. What I don't understand is why in hell you just don't make the robot statement so all of us can put that behind us. As a civ, do you really want us to spend so much time on that one issue? SVS said maybe you are possibly saying "I am what I am"; I just think you are being plain ole' stubborn. Or, you're not civ and there's a reason why you don't want to make that statement, a reason that I cannot see when I read your original statement about role-checking. I guess there is the possibility that you are civ and don't want to make that statement but I don't see any robots in the civ characters. I have to say the whole thing causes me some uneasiness because it could so easily be dispensed with.

So, I'm going to read MP's case and MM's response today and see if i can get through all MM's quotes as well. If anyone knows of anyone else who presented points about MM please tell me and I will look through their posts, unless it's additional points presented by MP. I don't think I have the mental energy nor the time to read through all of MP.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

SVS - He could have been trying to save Made - I mean that whole lynch was wierd right around deadline. I do find it odd he wanted MP to vote the same - remember that Snow lynch? He could be a Dalek sucking up to MP so he could say he wasn't the only one who voted that way.

Could you see yourself voting for epi if not then whom?

Linky juliets will read ialb
;)
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Roxy wrote:SVS - He could have been trying to save Made - I mean that whole lynch was wierd right around deadline. I do find it odd he wanted MP to vote the same - remember that Snow lynch? He could be a Dalek sucking up to MP so he could say he wasn't the only one who voted that way.

Could you see yourself voting for epi if not then whom?

Linky juliets will read ialb
I pretty clearly felt Epi 1.0 was a civ, even before he was revealed as such. Epi 2.0, I don't feel that as clearly. I wish the whole "say you're not a robot" thing was not even an issue~ it is one of the reasons why I am even less of a fan of LDs than I am of role checkers. But like I said, once the cat is out of the bag, you can't put him back in there. As Juliets says, this situation could be easily dispensed with, and the fact that he won't do so is troubling. I would consider a vote for him, not so much because he made the statement he did make, or becasue he will not make the one asked of him. The main thing that bothers me is the way he is trying to say he did actually do what was asked, wehn he did not do so. And he said it in an in your face, how dare you question me, kind of way, when it would have been so easy for him to just say "I am not a robot". I think he was trying to put an end to that topic of discussion. Which would tie in with the Cybermen killing zeek. It would be expected that when uninsanified, zeek might say to Epi, "Hey, Epi. Not being on a team with a rolechecker =/= 'I am not a robot'~ could you clear that up for me?". So they potentially killed him hoping that would go away.

I could see other possibilities, but this one seems likely. But I still want to do some reading, and keep an open mind. The LORB knows my instincts have not been the best this game.

It is easy for me to say that, becasue~ I am not a robot.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

LOL, that last sentence was supposed to be in the paragraph, right after:
And he said it in an in your face, how dare you question me, kind of way, when it would have been so easy for him to just say "I am not a robot".
But I added other stuff and forgot to preview :derp:
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 407

Post by Dom »

Hey guys. I'm trying to keep up as much as possible, but I'm having bait too much fun. I'm responding to what I can, but can someone summarize MP's case against MM for me? I really won't have time before the lynch to go over that whole thing. I apologize :p
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 858
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

keys, I appreciate that. I think if you re-read posts made even in Night 5 you might be able to benefit from a new perspective. At least IMO.

I'm almost 99% certain that MM is a Dalek, and while it'd be nice to catch a Cyberman, I just have an incredibly difficult time believing MM's actions are anything but aligned with Enrique and Made. So I'll be voting MM now.

S~V~S, I appreciate your contributions. I'm sorry, my intention has not been to make you doubt your gut, but I have put more effort into this game perhaps than any other mafia game I've played on this site, which says a lot, with the exception of MOTU. Consequently, even though I told myself it'd be difficult with balancing PhD work, I've been keeping a spreadsheet, which I've found to be VERY helpful once we got to four or five days' worth of data and in attempting to discern players' likely alignments. I'm not going to say I'm infallible, far from it in fact, and I realize I've made mistakes this game. Regarding Daisy, the fact that The Master killed Daisy last night confirmed to me that I was correct about her.

I have given in-game reasons to defend Dana so hard, though, and you can find them here: http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 662#p89662

I don't know how I feel about Epig 2.0 at the moment. I am a bit worried that we haven't seen much in the way of baddie hunting from him, and I could VERY easily see him as a Cyberman, but the LD statement stuff doesn't really convince me. I suppose I could see why people would vote for him, but I just don't feel there's enough thread evidence.

Turnip Head 2.0's silence scares the shit out of me, and I'd especially appreciate his insight whenever he returns.

There are other quieter players I want to hear from too, since I'm pretty sure The Master is playing an under the radar type game.

I'm particularly intrigued by opinions on me -- while I have not role hinted, I have dropped statements and if one were to attempt to peg my actions into a role, it could certainly be possible AND not only that but there's also a role check on the Cyberman team -- so the fact that BR was refraining from voicing an opinion on me until recently, in addition to LC and Hedgeowl suddenly defending me as well, PARTICULARLY the way Hedgeowl worded her recent post, might concern me.
Hedgeowl wrote:RIPiywg Daisy! From my read I was thinking it likely at this point. I also am not feeling an MP lynch and am a bit surprised at the early votes. I know that keys and chris have been talking about him for a while, but we have two days still. I think if you are paying attention it is very likely he is not a baddie. I plan to do a little reading first if I get some time and check out the Made lynch as I said before.
Does anyone else here think that Hedgeowl actually would be paying enough attention this game to discern my role? The way she words it here indicates such: "if you are paying attention it is very likely he is not a baddie".

Frankly, this pushes Hedgeowl way up my radar.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

As a result, I really don't think keys and Chris are bad. I think since my "lynch me" schtick as Chris calls it, I have assessed that it would be much more wise for a baddie to defend me than to advocate lynching me right now (since D5 or so, in fact), especially if they realized why I was more willing to get myself lynched this game than other games.

I also think we should examine quieter players closely to attempt to find The Master because if he survives too long, his three kill saves will be too difficult to pierce through; then again, it would also be in the Daleks' and Cybermen's best interest to NK some quieter players in an attempt to discern this as well. Just something to keep in mind.

I think I would be most willing to consider a Hedgeowl vote second and an Epig 2.0 vote third at the moment, after MM, whom I feel really strongly about.

Dom wrote:Hey guys. I'm trying to keep up as much as possible, but I'm having bait too much fun. I'm responding to what I can, but can someone summarize MP's case against MM for me? I really won't have time before the lynch to go over that whole thing. I apologize :p
Dom, I can summarize MM being suspicious as the following:

1) In the D3 lynch, he tried to get me to vote Made with him, even though he said he would rather have a Snow Dog lynch, and he was the final voter against Snow Dog. Given Made was VERY likely the Dalek Emperor, this is suspicious.

2) In the D4 lynch, he voted Enrique, without posting at all, then voted for himself saying that he "thought about voting for Enrique but decided not to". Also suspicious, given how Made barely edged out Enrique in votes.

3) His switch in opinion from defending me all game to suddenly thinking I am Enrique's teammate, along with Dana, based on Enrique's weird switch out of nowhere declaring that he was set up by Made, me, and Dana. He also heavily suspected Dana on D3, dropped it completely, and then brought it back up conveniently at this time. He also refuses completely to address any of my defense of Dana, despite its intensity. Seems very closed minded and uncivvie-like to me.

4) The way he and Enrique interacted with each other: MM quoted and interacted with Enrique's posts more than anyone else in the game, and Enrique SUDDENLY found MM very suspicious amid the end of D3 weirdness, then dropped it over time, as if to back off of a teammate, then saying me and Dana set up him, even though he had been defending both of us all game. More on that specifically here: http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 840#p89840

And my main case is here: http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 786#p89786

Hope that helps. :)
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

DooberDoes HA Eko! sudorific we're not faldstool huh?

And
I LOVE how you've determined that Hedgie is a baddie griveous she obviously has Sorsha benefit of Kadaj Shinny checker to resty synchronal a failed.

I gotta say don't me in charge buddy! that's anaemia slick shit you're pulling.

Very medullary ...and that's terrible.. not changing Jagang verticity bawcock of you though.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Chris, don't waste your breath. You're wrong about me. You're not helping anyone right now.
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

Chris wrote:DooberDoes HA Eko! sudorific we're not faldstool huh?

And
I LOVE how you've determined that Hedgie is a baddie griveous she obviously has Sorsha benefit of Kadaj Shinny checker to resty synchronal a failed.

I gotta say don't me in charge buddy! that's anaemia slick shit you're pulling.

Very medullary ...and that's terrible.. not changing Jagang verticity bawcock of you though.
:stare:

Fucking WOW!
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

MP - my whole case on Epi is thread based - please read it. For you to acct otherwise only proves you have not read it. The lie detector stuff is just icing on the cake.
;)
zeek
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 683

Post by zeek »

I'm not going away :P
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Chris, I'm willing to take the high road because my civvieness will be proven regardless of what happens to me at this point, which is precisely why I was OK with being lynched this game. Yes, there is a reason that would be the case. It's not a grand baddie scheme. I'm done defending myself against petty accusations that I'm hiding in plain sight because that's clearly not what I'm doing.

But go ahead, if you want to continually vote for me every lynch until either you or I die first, then be my guest.

Linki with Rox: I will read it again, thanks. I didn't mean to snub it; I just feel more confident in MM right now, and I do think Epig 2.0 might be a Cyberman. I just think the recent fixation by LC and S~V~S on how Epig worded his 'proof' just doesn't ring as that strong with me.
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

zeek wrote::haha:

I'm not going away :P
I really hope you're enjoying this.

It is poetic justice.

:disappoint:
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

MP, did you present a case on Epi 2 showing him to be a cyberman? Or some kind of evidence? No offense meant here but for me to go back and read through all of your posts is impossible so if you could link me or at least give me some sense of where in the game you talked about this I'd be much obliged.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

MP, I think the wording is important. I think insanified zeek asked Epi a very specific thing, Epi evaded it, then zeek died. Now Epi is trying to say that what he said and what zeek requested are the same thing, but they are not.

I am working on the assumption that I will vote for either MM, whom I have suspected for a while, or for Epi, because I don't see the reason why he just can't do what zeek asked.

On my way out the door to a bris bbl :)
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

blowhole I were asked to make a lie Seductive Ghoul statement, overthwart Jaecus refuse. If premonstration meant I'd get sanhedrim for abduct oh well.
keys56000000000
The Mark
Posts in topic: 328

Post by keys56000000000 »

Who's vouched for whom? I must have missed all the vouchings.

MP, I've gone over your MM case and it's not bad at all. I especially agree with the assessment of his behaviour during the Enri lynch.

I too share your concern re: Hedgeowl. More likely than not that there's something to that.

Rox, I don't know about your case against Epig2. It's really hard for me to get a good reading on people that replace back into games. I'm gonna give him some time.
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 146

Post by Hedgeowl »

MovingPictures07 wrote:keys, I appreciate that. I think if you re-read posts made even in Night 5 you might be able to benefit from a new perspective. At least IMO.

I'm almost 99% certain that MM is a Dalek, and while it'd be nice to catch a Cyberman, I just have an incredibly difficult time believing MM's actions are anything but aligned with Enrique and Made. So I'll be voting MM now.

S~V~S, I appreciate your contributions. I'm sorry, my intention has not been to make you doubt your gut, but I have put more effort into this game perhaps than any other mafia game I've played on this site, which says a lot, with the exception of MOTU. Consequently, even though I told myself it'd be difficult with balancing PhD work, I've been keeping a spreadsheet, which I've found to be VERY helpful once we got to four or five days' worth of data and in attempting to discern players' likely alignments. I'm not going to say I'm infallible, far from it in fact, and I realize I've made mistakes this game. Regarding Daisy, the fact that The Master killed Daisy last night confirmed to me that I was correct about her.

I have given in-game reasons to defend Dana so hard, though, and you can find them here: http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 662#p89662

I don't know how I feel about Epig 2.0 at the moment. I am a bit worried that we haven't seen much in the way of baddie hunting from him, and I could VERY easily see him as a Cyberman, but the LD statement stuff doesn't really convince me. I suppose I could see why people would vote for him, but I just don't feel there's enough thread evidence.

Turnip Head 2.0's silence scares the shit out of me, and I'd especially appreciate his insight whenever he returns.

There are other quieter players I want to hear from too, since I'm pretty sure The Master is playing an under the radar type game.

I'm particularly intrigued by opinions on me -- while I have not role hinted, I have dropped statements and if one were to attempt to peg my actions into a role, it could certainly be possible AND not only that but there's also a role check on the Cyberman team -- so the fact that BR was refraining from voicing an opinion on me until recently, in addition to LC and Hedgeowl suddenly defending me as well, PARTICULARLY the way Hedgeowl worded her recent post, might concern me.
Hedgeowl wrote:RIPiywg Daisy! From my read I was thinking it likely at this point. I also am not feeling an MP lynch and am a bit surprised at the early votes. I know that keys and chris have been talking about him for a while, but we have two days still. I think if you are paying attention it is very likely he is not a baddie. I plan to do a little reading first if I get some time and check out the Made lynch as I said before.
Does anyone else here think that Hedgeowl actually would be paying enough attention this game to discern my role? The way she words it here indicates such: "if you are paying attention it is very likely he is not a baddie".

I meant if one has been paying attention to your posts, which are many and long, than I think it likely you are not a baddie. I doubt now you would be a Dalek and while you could be a Cyber, I also think the way you are playing this game doesnt read that way. I couldnt 100% say you were civ with the Master role out there and other unknowns, but with you vouching for certain roles I also doubt that you would do that for a teammate. What I should have said to be more accurate is I doubt you are mafia. However, if you were the Master and you killed daisy that would be cruel, so that still makes me think you are more likely civ. I did not mean to imply I know your role or that you have role hinted. I am also more present now in this game than before, so I am actually keeping up with the thread.
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 146

Post by Hedgeowl »

keys56000000000 wrote:Who's vouched for whom? I must have missed all the vouchings.

MP, I've gone over your MM case and it's not bad at all. I especially agree with the assessment of his behaviour during the Enri lynch.

I too share your concern re: Hedgeowl. More likely than not that there's something to that.

Rox, I don't know about your case against Epig2. It's really hard for me to get a good reading on people that replace back into games. I'm gonna give him some time.
^ this is actually a good example of what I mean by paying attention. MP has been vouching for daisy and Dana multiple times and daisy was vouching for Dana as well in many different posts. If you are reading the thread it seems hard to miss.
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 93

Post by DFaraday »

Having reviewed MP's case on MM, I do think it looks like MM was distancing from teammate Enrique, which would square with his shifty actions during the Made lynch. I also feel uneasy about Epi and think the case on him may have merit, but I'm leaning towards an MM vote at this point.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

Agreed with Hedge that MP is likely a civvie. In any event, I'm pretty much universally opposed to lynching MP, because if he's bad that's what he'd want us to do.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

DFaraday, from your perspective what is the case on Epi?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 439

Post by Epignosis »

Preface: This post deals with the lie detector business, just in case you don't care about that. If you do, here you are:
juliets wrote:Epi I am looking forward to whatever you have for us this afternoon and I'm inclined right now to think you are civ. What I don't understand is why in hell you just don't make the robot statement so all of us can put that behind us. As a civ, do you really want us to spend so much time on that one issue? SVS said maybe you are possibly saying "I am what I am"; I just think you are being plain ole' stubborn. Or, you're not civ and there's a reason why you don't want to make that statement, a reason that I cannot see when I read your original statement about role-checking. I guess there is the possibility that you are civ and don't want to make that statement but I don't see any robots in the civ characters. I have to say the whole thing causes me some uneasiness because it could so easily be dispensed with.
When I made my statement, I noted that it's difficult to find a statement you're allowed to check. Some hosts do not allow "I am not a baddie" to be checked, for example. Furthermore, I have not seen a single minute of Dr. Who. I know that in my previous incarnation, I was a robotic canine. No way in hell was I about to research each of the characters to see if they were androids or some other non-biological entity. And are Daleks robots? I don't know. Three of them look like robots, but the Dalek Sec sure as hell doesn't. Is the Dalek Sec what those things look like underneath their armor? "I am not a robot" is a flawed statement from my perspective. Therefore, I crafted what I considered to be the most comprehensive sentence. In retrospect, I could have used a different verb tense in my statement to provide it the airtight nature Long Con was looking for, but I didn't. Sorry.

As I've said before, I don't reveal all of my cards before the flop. By refusing to capitulate, I get to watch how people react to that. I get to watch how people react to the reactions. Plus I get a little suspicion kept on me, which is a healthy thing, if you can dig it. If you're of the mindset that my refusal must mean I'm bad, then not only is your conclusion false, you're missing the forest for the trees.

The most recent criticism against me is that I didn't do exactly what zeek wanted. First, we don't know exactly what zeek wanted, but for once I'll be reasonable and not argue that particular point. ;) Second, if you will consider the context of my statement, you may note that zeek did not ask me what he did out of the blue. He asked me because Roxy was under the impression that I had info. Nope- just paying good attention. When I phrased my statement, I was conscious of Roxy's suspicion. I had her in the forefront of my mind when I made it (even if she didn't notice it Image). Third, zeek was around after I made my statement. He even posted to tell us that he's awesome at code cracking, that there are no lynch stops, and that there's not one single capote (thank God for that). It would not have been difficult for him to express dissatisfaction with my sentence; that he did not in the span of two hours leads me to believe that my statement satisfied him. Finally, zeek asking me to make another statement during the Day (i.e., when he wasn't insane) wouldn't be useful until the next Night (since lie detectors don't detect during the Day).

Regarding lie detectors in general: I like them, but I've decided that I don't like the way they are used: "Make a statement or you're bad!" Should I ever include them in one of my games in the future, it will be a secret. If the game maker wanted the lie detector to be a role or alignment checker, it would have been so. Also, people shouldn't harangue me about the wording of my statement until they've made statements of their own, but that's just one fellow's opinion. Moving forward, I refuse to offer statements for a lie detector, regardless of my alignment. Just a head's up.

So my refusal to comply with this request could be any combination of the above reasons.

Or spite. :D
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

Epignosis wrote:<snip>
Or spite. :D
Epignosis wrote:Image
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I am going to vote for Epignosis now~ I might change it to Metalmarsh, but for now, it is Epi. Gee, the insanified zeek was around for two more whole hours. He probable did not want to bring it up again during the night cause he was afraid he'd be killed, poor bastard :(

And I agree, this use of the LD DOES suck, but again, the cat is out of the bag. We don't like it, but it is what it is. You can say all these noble things, but I do think that you are not willing to say you are not a robot because you are one. In this life.

I am not a robot. Five easy words to type. And an LD can detect a sentence said at any time, not just at night. He detects at night, but the statement can be made any time.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote:I am going to vote for Epignosis now~ I might change it to Metalmarsh, but for now, it is Epi. Gee, the insanified zeek was around for two more whole hours. He probable did not want to bring it up again during the night cause he was afraid he'd be killed, poor bastard :(

And I agree, this use of the LD DOES suck, but again, the cat is out of the bag. We don't like it, but it is what it is. You can say all these noble things, but I do think that you are not willing to say you are not a robot because you are one. In this life.

I am not a robot. Five easy words to type. And an LD can detect a sentence said at any time, not just at night. He detects at night, but the statement can be made any time.
I actually did say it, but you don't read my posts.

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

juliets wrote:MP, did you present a case on Epi 2 showing him to be a cyberman? Or some kind of evidence? No offense meant here but for me to go back and read through all of your posts is impossible so if you could link me or at least give me some sense of where in the game you talked about this I'd be much obliged.
JC, don't sweat it, I wouldn't expect anyone to read through all my posts, so I don't mind the questions.

No, I was commenting on the possibility that Rox brought up that he is on the team as the role checker. I'm not sure how much I believe of this LD business, though I will admit to the fact that it is really odd he pegged Made as Dalek Emperor, and I don't like how we're seeing very little baddie hunting from Epig 2.0. So that's why I'm considering him as a candidate. Frankly, though, that's not near strong enough on how I feel about MM, hence why I'm sticking with that for now.

Does that help?

keys56000000000 wrote:Who's vouched for whom? I must have missed all the vouchings.

Thanks keys!

I don't think that in isolation concerns me THAT much regarding Hedgeowl, BUT I do think it's concerning when combined with the fact that she's practically never contributing any suspicions, and in conjunction with the points brought against her by Roxy way back when, and somehow Hedgeowl fell off the radar amid the Made/Enrique stuff.

Hedgeowl wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:keys, I appreciate that. I think if you re-read posts made even in Night 5 you might be able to benefit from a new perspective. At least IMO.

I meant if one has been paying attention to your posts, which are many and long, than I think it likely you are not a baddie. I doubt now you would be a Dalek and while you could be a Cyber, I also think the way you are playing this game doesnt read that way. I couldnt 100% say you were civ with the Master role out there and other unknowns, but with you vouching for certain roles I also doubt that you would do that for a teammate. What I should have said to be more accurate is I doubt you are mafia. However, if you were the Master and you killed daisy that would be cruel, so that still makes me think you are more likely civ. I did not mean to imply I know your role or that you have role hinted. I am also more present now in this game than before, so I am actually keeping up with the thread.
Thanks for elaborating.

Hedgeowl wrote:

^ this is actually a good example of what I mean by paying attention. MP has been vouching for daisy and Dana multiple times and daisy was vouching for Dana as well in many different posts. If you are reading the thread it seems hard to miss.
What are you implying here though?

If you are paying attention, what are your suspects?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

In the top of my previous post, that should have read: "read back through all my posts". I hope people read my posts as they catch up, but I suppose I can be realistic there. :P But I certainly don't expect anyone to read back through my posts to discern my opinions throughout the game, so I don't mind questions.

I honestly think we need to be discussing more topics, it's been a bit too quiet.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Also, while I have and will continue to defend Dana staunchly, I would actually like to hear from her sometime before the game ends. :P
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MovingPictures07 wrote:I don't know how I feel about Epig 2.0 at the moment. I am a bit worried that we haven't seen much in the way of baddie hunting from him, and I could VERY easily see him as a Cyberman, but the LD statement stuff doesn't really convince me. I suppose I could see why people would vote for him, but I just don't feel there's enough thread evidence.
MovingPictures07 wrote: and I don't like how we're seeing very little baddie hunting from Epig 2.0. So that's why I'm considering him as a candidate.
I'll leave the baddie hunting to you. I'm too busy lynching them.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Epignosis wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:I don't know how I feel about Epig 2.0 at the moment. I am a bit worried that we haven't seen much in the way of baddie hunting from him, and I could VERY easily see him as a Cyberman, but the LD statement stuff doesn't really convince me. I suppose I could see why people would vote for him, but I just don't feel there's enough thread evidence.
MovingPictures07 wrote: and I don't like how we're seeing very little baddie hunting from Epig 2.0. So that's why I'm considering him as a candidate.
That's a lot of confidence coming from someone who hasn't named a single suspect since voting for Enrique early on D5, as far as I can remember.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
That's a lot of confidence coming from someone who hasn't named a single suspect since voting for Enrique early on D5, as far as I can remember.
I spent this afternoon writing my lie detector defense, dealing with children, and helping with cakes. I have not finished the post I started. And now I'm watching 2 hours of TV. I have 48 hours in a Day. And it's the weekend. No hurries and no worries.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Epignosis wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
I spent this afternoon writing my lie detector defense, dealing with children, and helping with cakes. I have not finished the post I started. And now I'm watching 2 hours of TV. I have 48 hours in a Day. And it's the weekend. No hurries and no worries.
Not a problem, I just look forward to hearing what's on your mind.
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

juliets wrote:DFaraday, from your perspective what is the case on Epi?
I was going to say his refusal to answer the request and the fact that Zeek got taken out shortly after his interaction with Epi, but having just read Epi's response, I'm finding his points actually pretty compelling.

So with that, I will go ahead and *Vote MM*
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Thank you for responding DF

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

juliets wrote:Thank you for responding DF
You are quite welcome!
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 58

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

Ok where to start . The two cases that make the most sense to me is the case on MM and the case on Epig 2.0. MP made some good points about MM maybe distancing from possible teammates. But the case on Epig is what I find myself agreeing with the most. The fact that he is an English teacher and knows how to word phrases is what makes me second guess him and his explanation for why he gave the statement he gave for the LD. I think he was trying to give a good enough answer without seeming like a liar to the LD.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:Ok where to start . The two cases that make the most sense to me is the case on MM and the case on Epig 2.0. MP made some good points about MM maybe distancing from possible teammates. But the case on Epig is what I find myself agreeing with the most. The fact that he is an English teacher and knows how to word phrases is what makes me second guess him and his explanation for why he gave the statement he gave for the LD. I think he was trying to give a good enough answer without seeming like a liar to the LD.
Bass, what do you think of the fact that Epi has now said "I am not a robot"? That's the statement that others have been asking for.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Epignosis wrote:
S~V~S wrote:I am going to vote for Epignosis now~ I might change it to Metalmarsh, but for now, it is Epi. Gee, the insanified zeek was around for two more whole hours. He probable did not want to bring it up again during the night cause he was afraid he'd be killed, poor bastard :(

I actually did say it, but you don't read my posts.

tl;dr

Good thing Juliets pointed it out :)

I can move to MM for now then~ I have thought he was bad forever. I might move it back, maybe I won't. Where are you looking to vote? Maybe I should read your posts :haha:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Also anyone notice how MM has stopped posting the poll every 10 minutes? Or posting anything at all?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

S~V~S wrote:Also anyone notice how MM has stopped posting the poll every 10 minutes? Or posting anything at all?
Yes, I was thinking that too. Maybe he's given up.

Return to “Previous Jobs”