Dr. Who Mafia - Night 12

Moderator: Community Team

24 Hour Days?

Poll ended at Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:47 pm

Yes
61%
No
No votes
Votes in this poll are non-changable! (host/non/mod/dead)
39%

Total votes: 18
keys56000000000
The Mark
Posts in topic: 328

Re: Dr. Who Mafia - Day 7

Post by keys56000000000 »

LC - I never actually suspected Chris. I just wanted to keep my vote on his name while he was insanified, purely for the lols. I was fully intending on changing it back to MP, or perhaps MM, but the poll ended early that day. I had nohing to do with those Night 5 shenanigans, nor last night's result.

Glad you're alright, Chris. Am I right in saying you survived kill attempts from both the Cybermen Mafia and the Town Ninja? I don't recall any civvie roles that could have done that. Bird says he updated the roles, I'ma take a looksee.
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
keys56000000000
The Mark

For the record, up until this night result, I've never suspected Chris.
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

keys56000000000 wrote:For the record, up until this night result, I've never suspected Chris.
Are you saying that you suspect me now? :(

Being protected would stop any and all kill attempts on a person as far as I know. Dom asked about a one time protection, such as one given for recruiting. Clearly I don't have one of those. I can only assume that I was protected. (Most fortuitously :D )

Snow Dog wrote:I'll be the first to ask. Do you know how you survived two kill attempts LC?
I have to assume that you meant me... If so, refer above.

Also, MP:
Chris wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Jack Harkness and Sarah Jane Smith only have a percentage chance to survive NKs at that.
Wut? Where did you get that from?

Also, HOSTS:

Was the day 6 lynch a tie?
keys56000000000
The Mark

Looks like there are actually some ways for a civvie to survive. The Ninja's kill could have simply failed if Chris is a civvie, Cyber's kill could have failed for a number of other reasons. Lot of secret stuff to consider, too.

It's times like this that I wish we'd decode the civvie roles. I know what you're going to say, herrp don't give the mafia civvie info derpp. Here's the thing: the mafia are teams. They will have worked on those secret hangmans more than any individual player can, because they can work together, sharing info. I'm lazy. I have no one to work with. The result is that the mafia teams have probably cracked the secrets already, whilst a bunch of lonely civs such as myself have nothing, working in the dark.
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

keys56000000000 wrote:Looks like there are actually some ways for a civvie to survive. The Ninja's kill could have simply failed if Chris is a civvie, Cyber's kill could have failed for a number of other reasons. Lot of secret stuff to consider, too.

It's times like this that I wish we'd decode the civvie roles. I know what you're going to say, herrp don't give the mafia civvie info derpp. Here's the thing: the mafia are teams. They will have worked on those secret hangmans more than any individual player can, because they can work together, sharing info. I'm lazy. I have no one to work with. The result is that the mafia teams have probably cracked the secrets already, whilst a bunch of lonely civs such as myself have nothing, working in the dark.
I can agree with this.

So keys, am I officially a suspect of yours, or not?

I know there's going to be an onslaught of accusations, so I don't want to get behind. I've seen how badly things can go in a situation like this...
keys56000000000
The Mark

Chrissy wrote:So keys, am I officially a suspect of yours, or not?
Not officially. You're certainly playing your "civvie game", but you could be faking it.
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 858
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Re: Dr. Who Mafia - Night 6

Post by Tangrowth »

Wow, weird result.

Epig, good point regarding Elo. That would be a weird distancing vote.

Chris wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Jack Harkness and Sarah Jane Smith only have a percentage chance to survive NKs at that.
Chris, I haven't ignored this; I've been really busy. Over the next week or so I might not be able to respond to posts quickly at all.

Anyway, read Sarah Jane's role. It CLEARLY says "if she is targeted by a hostile alien life form, there is a 50% chance that nothing will happen."

Also, Capt. Jack I've mostly decoded, but even undecoded his role gives a similar hint "he is extremely difficult to kill. Sometimes."

So, yeah. Last I checked there aren't any protections this game.

After you've now survived two kills, :eye:

Actually, your whole "MP is the Cyber Controller" theory from earlier might make sense if you are the Cyber Controller. We all know that baddies tend to talk about their own roles.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Long Con wrote:So, if the Dalek killer was roleblocked on Night 5, then that means that the Cyberman team knows the identity of one Dalek. I think that they would want to kill that Dalek as soon as they could.

I'm sure they'd love to get that Dalek lynched, and gain some Civvie cred from it, leaving their kill open for whatever purpose they may have.

So I thought we might see some movement, some "new suspicion" that came about after Night 5, maybe something weak. The beginning of a Cyber getting a Dalek lynched. So I compiled a little list of the suspicions stated during Day 6. There was a lot of Epig and MM discussion, which potentially drowned out other suspicions, but here they are.

Suspicions stated since Night 5 ended:

Chris > MP http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 970#p89970
Keys > MP http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 971#p89971
BR > MM http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 990#p89990
Keys > Chris http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 993#p89993 later, for reference: http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 232#p90232
Roxy > Epig http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 039#p90039 MM lynched as Secret role related: http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 383#p90383
S~V~S > Epig http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 077#p90077
MM > Dana http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 225#p90225, http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 352#p90352
Snow Dog > Roxy http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 309#p90309
Blooper > Dana http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 313#p90313
Elohcin > Dana http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 323#p90323

I felt a little like Keys as Cyber and Chris as Dalek seemed to fit the profile loosely, but now Chris was double-targeted, and I don't know if there's a Dalek that could do that.

Snow Dog to Roxy might work. Anyways, if you like the idea, please expand or fill in more details... I have to leave the computer for now. :)
This is really interesting, LC. I don't know if I see any of them fitting the bill though... the only one that might even work would be Snow Dog to Roxy, especially if you consider that all of a sudden last day period Epig has decided to start building a case against her as well.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 439

Post by Epignosis »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Wow, weird result.

Chris wrote:
Chris, I haven't ignored this; I've been really busy. Over the next week or so I might not be able to respond to posts quickly at all.

Anyway, read Sarah Jane's role. It CLEARLY says "if she is targeted by a hostile alien life form, there is a 50% chance that nothing will happen."

Also, Capt. Jack I've mostly decoded, but even undecoded his role gives a similar hint "he is extremely difficult to kill. Sometimes."

Actually, your whole "MP is the Cyber Controller" theory from earlier might make sense if you are the Cyber Controller. We all know that baddies tend to talk about their own roles.
Chris voted for me when MM and I had two votes. I am of the opinion that The Master voted to keep his recruit from getting lynched.

Epignosis 2.0
Roxy (9), S~V~S (10), Chris (11), Dom (12), Long Con (14), Bass_the_Clever (19), Metalmarsh89 (22) 32%
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 407

Post by Dom »

Epignosis wrote:

Chris wrote:

Chris voted for me when MM and I had two votes. I am of the opinion that The Master voted to keep his recruit from getting lynched.

Epignosis 2.0
Roxy (9), S~V~S (10), Chris (11), Dom (12), Long Con (14), Bass_the_Clever (19), Metalmarsh89 (22) 32%
While this is certainly possible, Epig, why don't you think it was one of the later voters? I understand that you're looking at Chris being the Master because he survived 2 NKs, but do you think it would make sense for the Master to vote for you later rather than sooner given how close it was? I'm looking at Chris for the same reason as I think you are, but I am unsure why you think the master would vote so early for you.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Oh, I forgot to say, I will be more closely examining:

Chris, Roxy, Epignosis 2.0, Hedgeowl

for today's vote. Maybe someone else will pop up but for now I think these players need to be examined. Now I have a LOT to get done today, so I may not even be around until tomorrow. Depends on how long all this stuff takes me. But I'll try to be back whenever I can.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Also I meant to say I'm looking at those suspects in that order

Actually I'm going to go ahead and vote Chris now because I'm going to be seriously unavailable, but I'm going to at least look through his posts when i get the chance, whenever that is.
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 146

Post by Hedgeowl »

Interesting result. What is really interesting though is that Chris was the target of both Cybers and Strax. With all the talk of their role check it might be worth considering him as the. Master.

i will be here on and off, but we are getting a new modem Wed. so hopefully that fixes our internet problem. I am trying to keep up reading, but might not be posting a ton until tomorrow.

Linki Epi i had been wondering the same thing myself. With the night resukt I think chris a very good option for the Master.

MP - i will be here and there as well, so let me know if you have specific questions.
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Dom wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

Chris wrote:

Epignosis 2.0
While this is certainly possible, Epig, why don't you think it was one of the later voters? I understand that you're looking at Chris being the Master because he survived 2 NKs, but do you think it would make sense for the Master to vote for you later rather than sooner given how close it was? I'm looking at Chris for the same reason as I think you are, but I am unsure why you think the master would vote so early for you.
You can change your vote, so if someone else started taking more votes than me, no biggie. Looking back over the votes, that Day when it was Made and Snow Dog taking votes, Enrique voted Snowy second. So it happens.
keys56000000000
The Mark

That's a pretty reasonable conclusion there, Epignosis. But I don't know about your logic re: Chris. So it was 2 - 2 and Chris made it 3 - 2? What if it was 2 - 1, wouldn't Chris want to make it 2 - 2? I agree that The Master probably did vote for you in an attempt to save his only teammate, but it could have been any of those voters. There was a lot of momentum against MM, The Master would have been anticipating his lynch.

All that said, Bass at vote 19 stands out to me.
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

This is a totally unfair WIFOM statement, but do you guys REALLY think reywaS would have replaced out of The Master role?

Really?

And MP, granted, there are no protector roles that we know of... but that doesn't mean they don't exist. And there are PLENTY of ways that I could have survived. Sarah, Jack, I was one of the first three civs that Strax targeted.

But I know this is going to be great distraction talk from our previous discussions.

I don't suddenly feel any better about Epig, although I'm less suspectful of Roxy, I'm not ready to say I think she's a civ. I firmly believe there's a lot of civ cred attempts going on around here.

Pretty soon, they're all going to start to suss themselves out.

Going to work in a shitty cell phone location that's sorta far away. I may or may not be able to get reception, so please don't vote for me WAY TOO early before I have a chance to try to defend myself. For some reason, I'm fearing an "end lynch early" thing...

LINKI: Fuck, I'm too late. MP's already voted me. I really have a bad feeling about this...
keys56000000000
The Mark

Why didn't you guys want to vote Chris yesterday, when he was insanified? That would have been hilarious.
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

*voted MP* just to keep it tied.

Please, no one else vote for me. We've got TWO DAYS before you need to vote. You REALLY don't need to vote now...

Linki @ keys: :overreact:
keys56000000000
The Mark

I ain't gonna vote for you Chris. Was just for lols. I don't think you're a mafioso, I don't think you're The Master.
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

keys56000000000 wrote:That's a pretty reasonable conclusion there, Epignosis. But I don't know about your logic re: Chris. So it was 2 - 2 and Chris made it 3 - 2? What if it was 2 - 1, wouldn't Chris want to make it 2 - 2? I agree that The Master probably did vote for you in an attempt to save his only teammate, but it could have been any of those voters. There was a lot of momentum against MM, The Master would have been anticipating his lynch.

All that said, Bass at vote 19 stands out to me.
MM & I were the only people getting talked about that last Day. Nobody else took more than one vote. Plus, like I told Dom, votes can be changed. Voting order is less relevant given these points.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 204
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Chris, I know you can't reply while you are out on a job but I'm patient and will wait.

This first quote is what you said after the lynch where you were guessing that you were protected, i.e., you didn't know why you survived. Then in the second quote you said you could be Sarah or Jack.

If you were Sarah or Jack why wouldn't you have brought that possibility up initially in the previous post?

Chris wrote: Being protected would stop any and all kill attempts on a person as far as I know. Dom asked about a one time protection, such as one given for recruiting. Clearly I don't have one of those. I can only assume that I was protected. (Most fortuitously :D )
Chris wrote:
And MP, granted, there are no protector roles that we know of... but that doesn't mean they don't exist. And there are PLENTY of ways that I could have survived. Sarah, Jack, I was one of the first three civs that Strax targeted.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Also though, I forgot to mention I think your guess about being on of the first three Strax kills is a good guess. I didn't see that before in the Strax role description (maybe it's what bwt added or my brain is just not working right).
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 181

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Chris wrote:HOSTS:

It was not.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Only here for literally a few seconds.

JC, really good observation. I think Chris knows why he survived and the answer is probably not a civvie one. Chris, your "throw the kitchen sink" response back at me doesn't help convince me of your civvieness.

The ONLY scenario I see that Chris is a civvie is if and only if: (1) the Cyber kill was blocked AND (2) Strax's kill failed because Chris is a civvie. I will admit this is a possibility.

But I really, really don't think you're either of those roles (Jack or Sarah Jane), Chris.

Hedge, thanks, will do. I'm in a marathon run of trying to get this research paper done and then I have my Quant midterm project starting tonight, then my parents come to visit tomorrow night, so my focus inevitably may be restricted to Chris today, and maybe Rox and Epig 2.0 if I get time. But I'll let you know whenever I do get time and look back if I have any questions.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Also, I've been meaning to say this, but Chris's insistence to ask if the last lynch was a tie. WTF.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 339
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

juliets wrote:Chris, I know you can't reply while you are out on a job but I'm patient and will wait.

This first quote is what you said after the lynch where you were guessing that you were protected, i.e., you didn't know why you survived. Then in the second quote you said you could be Sarah or Jack.

If you were Sarah or Jack why wouldn't you have brought that possibility up initially in the previous post?

Chris wrote: Being protected would stop any and all kill attempts on a person as far as I know. Dom asked about a one time protection, such as one given for recruiting. Clearly I don't have one of those. I can only assume that I was protected. (Most fortuitously :D )
Chris wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:

It was not.
Well, these two things clinch it for me. If someone is going to end the day early like Chris supposedly thinks, then they can be my guest, I like efficiency.

*votes Chris*

Next time, stop trying to expose Civvie roles when I ask you to.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

And for the record before Chris gets indignant:
Long Con wrote:
Chris wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:
keys56000000000 wrote:Epig2 and MM got 7 votes each

In the event of a civvie vs mafia tie, the civvie dies. Right?
If there is a tie in a lynch, then it's decided at random/by a coin flip who dies.
Will O' The Wisp Was the last ramadan a tie decided by a coin targeting?
If the hosts answer that question, then we could have more information on who might be Amy Pond. :| :| :|
I told you, Chris. You kept asking, and now it's too late.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

MovingPictures07 wrote:The ONLY scenario I see that Chris is a civvie is if and only if: (1) the Cyber kill was blocked AND (2) Strax's kill failed because Chris is a civvie. I will admit this is a possibility.
I have no problem with the Strax factor there, but I think it makes it sort of "extra" unlikely for the Dalek roleblocker to have blocked the Cyber killer last night, because the Cyber roleblocker blocked the Dalek kill the previous night. Like... that's just far-fetched to me.
zeek
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 683

Post by zeek »

Take it I didn't win the poetry slam :noble:
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 181

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

zeek wrote:Take it I didn't win the poetry slam :noble:
Well the judging period doesn't end until Night 7. So hush, dead one. :P

Or I'll burn you at the stake. :feb:

Oh wait...
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Epignosis wrote:
Dom wrote: While this is certainly possible, Epig, why don't you think it was one of the later voters? I understand that you're looking at Chris being the Master because he survived 2 NKs, but do you think it would make sense for the Master to vote for you later rather than sooner given how close it was? I'm looking at Chris for the same reason as I think you are, but I am unsure why you think the master would vote so early for you.
You can change your vote, so if someone else started taking more votes than me, no biggie. Looking back over the votes, that Day when it was Made and Snow Dog taking votes, Enrique voted Snowy second. So it happens.
That's true... something I hadn't considered.
birdwithteeth11 wrote:

It was not.
Why the hell do you want to help out Amy?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

^That's confusingly worded, but I think you know what I mean. :p
keys56000000000
The Mark

What's the relevance, Chris? You don't really mean to expose a civ, do you? Well, apparently it wasn't a tie, so the cat's out of the bag.

But I don't think it really exposes anyone. Still not voting Chris. Eager to hear what he has to say. This would have been so much more fun were he still insanified. :|
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

keys56000000000 wrote:What's the relevance, Chris? You don't really mean to expose a civ, do you? Well, apparently it wasn't a tie, so the cat's out of the bag.

But I don't think it really exposes anyone. Still not voting Chris. Eager to hear what he has to say. This would have been so much more fun were he still insanified. :|
wat
keys56000000000
The Mark

Dom wrote:
keys56000000000 wrote:What's the relevance, Chris? You don't really mean to expose a civ, do you? Well, apparently it wasn't a tie, so the cat's out of the bag.

wat
Dom, you're going to have to be more specific. What is it that you have a problem with?
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

keys56000000000 wrote:
Dom wrote:

wat
Dom, you're going to have to be more specific. What is it that you have a problem with?
You don't see how Chris has put Amy in danger?
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

Dom wrote:
keys56000000000 wrote:
Dom wrote:

wat
So I can't be looking for the cyberman with vote manipulations?
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

*extra votes I meant
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

Also, who knows if Amy is even still alive. ..
keys56000000000
The Mark

Dom wrote:
keys56000000000 wrote:
Dom wrote:

wat
It might not be Amy. Shit, Amy might be dead. But let's assume it was indeed Amy. The mafia have some info on her, sure, but they still need considerable time and fortunate circumstances to narrow it down further. If Amy's alive, she's in no immediate danger. It's not the end of the world, no need to get hysterical. I still want to hear what Chris has to say.

linki: which of those voters do you suspect, Chris?
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

LC
keys56000000000
The Mark

Chris wrote:LC
Yes, that's what I was thinking. I feel like I sense madness in him, like perhaps he was the one who is exposed by you asking that question, and his vote for you comes from that frustration, a willingness to force the issue.
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

Exactly.
keys56000000000
The Mark

If it was indeed a Cyber that manipulated the vote and not Amy, then maybe it follows that Epignosis is a Cyber..
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

I'm not sure. I was thinking that the pole and being a lot earlier than everybody thought they'd be screwed them up. There's a lot of boat changing and I don't think they ever intended for it to be tied since that exposes too much information. And we all know that information in a mafia game is a civvies best friend.
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

Chris wrote:I'm not sure. I was thinking that the pole and being a lot earlier than everybody thought they'd be screwed them up. There's a lot of boat changing and I don't think they ever intended for it to be tied since that exposes too much information. And we all know that information in a mafia game is a civvies best friend.
Lol. I'll clarify this when I'm done driving.
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

Chris wrote:I'm not sure. I was thinking that the pole and being a lot earlier than everybody thought they'd be screwed them up. There's a lot of boat changing and I don't think they ever intended for it to be tied since that exposes too much information. And we all know that information in a mafia game is a civvies best friend.
I was thinking that the poll ending a lot earlier than everybody thought it would be, screwed them up. There's been a lot of vote changing, and I don't think they ever intended for it to be tied since that exposes too much information. And we all know that information in a mafia game is a civvie's best friend.

I think what may have happened is that LC voted on the poll for Epig, but put his extra vote/s on MM. That's why he was so concerned about any info getting out about the vote being tied.

And, I don't have any real evidence that there can or will be an early end to the day, but when 2 of the 4 people who can kill in the game target you in one night, you tend to worry for your life. But I did find it interesting that as soon as I put the vote on MP, LC was right there to put another vote on me. And his post, he seems so sure of who I am. So sure, in fact, he's got to vote me nearly 36 hours ahead of time.

But what I really think happened is,m I'm not sure if they really think I'm The Master or not, but they know for damn sure I'm not a Cyberman. So there's no way I survived the dual NK kill attempts by being The Cyber Controller. So they're not sure who I am, but I could be The Master. But in case that's too easy to defend, they threw out that I could also be The Cyber Controller, and now there's ABSOLUTELY no reason to wait to vote for me.

But I feel that they may have believed me about the vote ending early, and that would mean that I'd be in a tie with MP, leaving it to a coin flip. That's too much of a chance for MP. And what I was Amy Pond? Well, shit, they'd need more than just another vote. So in comes LC, with his extra vote/s, making sure that even if I was Amy Pond, if the day ended early, I'd still have more votes.

And why would they be concerned that I'm Amy Pond? Because I've been asking about the votes, since if I was Amy Pond, and Epig wasn't lynched, then I'd be wondering why, wouldn't I?

So what happens? A sudden rush of people who are convinced that I'm either The Master or The Cyber Controller. And then suddenly, no one is talking about MP or Epig anymore.

My thoughts on who the Cybermen are?

The Cyber Controller - MP
The Cyberman Head - LC
Cyberman 1 & 2 - Epig and either Hedgie or Dom.

To answer the other questions... first thing I need to know... Am I being accused of being The Master or THe Cyber Controller? Because I need to know which one to defend against.

But I would love to add that it's nice how I survive a NK, and suddenly I must be bad. Why can't I be Sarah or Jack? If I was Sarah, maybe by NK attempts failed because of the 50%. Maybe if I was Jack, the Cyberman kill failed, and the Strax kill was missed because I'm civvie? Strax's kill could have missed because I'm a civvie Sarah as well! Then there are secrets that we still don't know about, and secret roles apparently as well!

I wasn't clear on my survival for a few reason Juliets. First, I don't want to role hint, much less out my own role. Second, if other players with killing powers think for a second that I am The Cyber Controller, they'd be less inclined to target me. So I didn't mind the vagueness.

I am not a baddie. The Cybermen tried to kill me because I'm getting too close. I survived because of my role. Strax tried to kill me because he's either a nub, or his target got redirected. I survived because I am a civ.

Just keep this in mind. If I somehow do get lynched, just go back and look at how the rush to judgement came, and look at who did it. They want me dead, and the NKs failed. They know I can't survive a lynch, and they're trying to strike while the iron is hot.

I will show up civvie if lynched. I can only hope you all will know what to do afterward.

I have nothing to hide, ask me any questions you want.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Chris wrote: I wasn't clear on my survival for a few reason Juliets. First, I don't want to role hint, much less out my own role. Second, if other players with killing powers think for a second that I am The Cyber Controller, they'd be less inclined to target me. So I didn't mind the vagueness.

I am not a baddie. The Cybermen tried to kill me because I'm getting too close. I survived because of my role. Strax tried to kill me because he's either a nub, or his target got redirected. I survived because I am a civ.
Chris I'm not accusing you of being either role I'm just trying to sort out what I saw in the thread. So if I understand you correctly you didn't want to role hint which is why you didn't mention the possibility of Sarah or Jack. Then in your second response you did mention them. What changed between your first response and your second response that made you list sarah and jack as possibilities? Or am I just not understanding your answer.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

To answer that 100% truthfully, I'd be hinting at my role.

Let's just say the first time I was playing stupid, partly because I didn't want to give anything away, partly because I wanted the vagueness, and partly because I wasn't sure about something.

Afterward, a lot of accusations came at me, and I decided that vagueness wasn't going to work.

This game is EXCELLENTLY balanced. There's no way one action can be tied to one role. There's multiple ways one thing can happen. It's really great.

So, for all the chance that I can be Th Cyber Controller, there's even more chance that I can be Sarah or Jack.

Obviously I know which one I am...
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

ok thanks for your response chris

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”