Dr. Who Mafia - Night 12

Moderator: Community Team

24 Hour Days?

Poll ended at Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:47 pm

Yes
61%
No
No votes
Votes in this poll are non-changable! (host/non/mod/dead)
39%

Total votes: 18
keys56000000000
The Mark
Posts in topic: 328

Re: Dr. Who Mafia - Night 5

Post by keys56000000000 »

I'd be interested to see a study done on players and adverb usage. I would imagine that if it is indeed true, it varies from person to person.

MP: You're playing a big bluff. I'm calling it. That's that.
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 858
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

keys56000000000 wrote:I'd be interested to see a study done on players and adverb usage. I would imagine that if it is indeed true, it varies from person to person.

MP: You're playing a big bluff. I'm calling it. That's that.
I'd be REALLY interested to see that. That would be cool. It'll take tons of time though. And yeah, I agree, since every person's diction is inevitably different.

If you think so, I mean, I respect your tenacity, but the truth is your interpretation is incorrect.
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 158
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

HOLY SHIT THAT PYTHON ENDING!!!! :srsnod:

My co-host needs dinner and then we have some stuff to do and then I promise we'll be back on track. :) You guys rock!!

On an unrelated note - I had a customer yesterday come in to pick up his pizza. He had on fuzzy jammie pants that were black with the superman logo all over them. And also a scoop neckline tank top that had sequins and stuff all over it.

I've gone out in public in my jammies. It's not that big a deal IMO.
But pairing it with a dressy and obviously woman's tank top is a new for me. I mean, I'm cool with the cross dressers that come into my store. I'm sure everyone who knows me IRL knows how cool I am with gender stuffs.

Imma just saying - by ANYONE'S streach of the imagination. You don't wear fuzzy superman jammy pants with that cute black tank that goes so well with your black pencil skirt. :noble:
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
keys56000000000
The Mark

So when's the night post coming? 11:30est/4:30am my time? Or shortly?
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

keys56000000000 wrote:So when's the night post coming? 11:30est/4:30am my time? Or shortly?
You can start holding your breath...

but you'll prolly die. :wine: :martini:
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

keys56000000000 wrote:So when's the night post coming? 11:30est/4:30am my time? Or shortly?

TBH -I'm waiting on Teefies. So - shortly ish as in the next couple hours. I'm waiting for him to get done with dinner and do what he needs to do. It will be before the 11:30 est time we've established but not right now. I know this doesn't help you at all and I'm sorry. :( :hugs:
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Keys - honestly - if you are staying up solely for the post, I would go to bed. It'll be here waiting for you in the am.

keys56000000000
The Mark

bea wrote:Keys - honestly - if you are staying up solely for the post, I would go to bed. It'll be here waiting for you in the am.

Fair enough, not trying to rush you guys, just wanted to know if I am indeed refreshing this thread every few minutes in vain!
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

I'm west coast gal - where it's only 4:45 now - waiting on east coast guy who needs dinner (to be fair he worked all day and it's almost 8 his time.

but yea - no need atm to keep hitting refresh and if you want to go off to bed, all of this will be here for you in the morning. It's not *so* far along that it'll happen like right the eff now.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 181

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

I'm starting on the night post now. As soon as it is done, I will post it and the new lynch poll, and bea will send out the relevant PMs.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Re: Who's Polls?

Night 5:

Where shall the TARDIS travel next?

Poll ended at Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:41 pm

Darillium
Roxy (6), sabie12 (9), juliets (14), Black Rock (20) 15%

Midnight
keys56000000000 (10), Snow Dog (13) 8%

New Savannah
Elohcin (5), Gotrees (8), MovingPictures07 (11), DFaraday (12), Hedgeowl (16), Metalmarsh89 (25), Turnip Head (26) 27%

Poosh
Dom (7), Epignosis (19), Bass_the_Clever (21), Spacedaisy (22), nijuukyugou (23) 19%

Stormcage
S~V~S (17), Chris (18) 8%

Vulcan
Long Con (24) 4%

Zazz (Host/Dead/Non)
bea (1), Enrique (2), birdwithteeth11 (3), zeek (4), Made (15)
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

:WTF:
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Night 5: Gridlocked?

Joyous at having finally eliminated someone who was an evildoer, and more importantly, someone who had murdered their wonderful hosts, everyone was in high spirits. That is, except for the remaining stinky poo-poo heads who sought revenge for their fallen comrade. And others who planned to take advantage of the situation.

The Daleks, having lost one of their own, decided to strike again quickly. And the target they selected was none other than Black Rock. As the group disbanded to head to their quarters for the night, one of the Daleks broke off and began to follow her. However, she did have a good head start, so it was hard to keep up with her. The Dalek managed to do a fairly good job of keeping on her trail however. Until at one point, hitturned a corner and slid.....right into a brick wall. But....how could that be? It was absolutely certain that she had gone this direction! It tried to retrace some of her possible steps, but to no avail. Black Rock had someone slipped through the Dalek's grasp, and she hadn't even been aware of it! Cursing it's foul luck, the Dalek swore that next time, it would not make the same mistake again. It would come up with a much better plan.

The Master had been hearing non-stop drumming in his head for the better part of a day and a half now. And he knew there was only one way to cleanse it from his mind: a fresh kill. Waiting until everyone else had fallen asleep, he snuck out of his room and made a beeline for the person he knew was closest: Spacedaisy. She was fast asleep and completely unaware of The Master inserting a straw into one of her ears, and proceeding to suck out her brain. In fact, poor Daisy would be unaware of much of anything for quite a while. Not having a brain will do that to you, unfortunately. The Master was satisfied with the result, however, given that the drumming had stopped again for now. And that was all that mattered.

The surviving travelers arrived on New Savannah the following day. They were greeted by a Catkind member known as Thomas Brannigan. He chided them, "Welcome! In honor of our ongoing festival, we are offering wonderful prizes in a contest! Entrants will be poems judged by an unbiased third party, and shall be themed on the most wonderful hero in the cosmos: The Doctor himself! Creativity is key, and anyone is eligible. Come join in the fun with us!

Daisy has been killed by The Master.
It is now Day 6. You have 48 hours to lynch someone.
Chris
Tyrant

Re: Dr. Who Mafia - Day 6

Post by Chris »

Nub Daleks.

How'd you survive BR?
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

I'm possibly going to be busy this weekend, so I'm progressiveness now just to make sure I don't miss it.

*votes MP*

Also, refound conceivable JACKIE TYLER!
keys56000000000
The Mark

RIPIYWG Daisy!

You guys can go ahead and do what you feel, I'm calling MP's bluff.
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

Either Jackie Tyler is trying to Joker funny, or there's something progressiveness Shinny who gets insanified.

I was locate last Descolada to mention insanification. I get insanified.

Before me, zeek was saved last person to mention insanification, then Formics was insanified.
keys56000000000
The Mark

That's very interesting, Chris, very interesting. Do go on.
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 368

Post by S~V~S »

First Rule of Insanification Club and all that.

Bye Daisy, I have no clue if you were good or bad. You just FELT bad to me, but so many people seemed to think otherwise. I reread you and tried to see what they saw, but I missed it.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 146

Post by Hedgeowl »

RIPiywg Daisy! From my read I was thinking it likely at this point. I also am not feeling an MP lynch and am a bit surprised at the early votes. I know that keys and chris have been talking about him for a while, but we have two days still. I think if you are paying attention it is very likely he is not a baddie. I plan to do a little reading first if I get some time and check out the Made lynch as I said before.
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 439

Post by Epignosis »

I have some thoughts, if there be pennies to spare.

I'm writing fiction tonight (sci-fi novel that's been brewing in my mind is ready to be spewed onto the paper), and tomorrow morning we have photography sessions (yes, more than one :|).

Tomorrow afternoon, I will share.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:Black Rock had someone slipped through the Dalek's grasp, and she hadn't even been aware of it!
Must have been a small someone. :eek:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

RIP Daisy. I firmly believe you were not bad this game, so sorry to see you go.

Curious to see how BR responds to living! Interesting that Daleks tried to kill her, I suppose out of revenge since she gunned after Enrique all game?

Hedge, what do you mean by paying attention? Also, why the Made lynch? Curious to see what you find nonetheless.

keys, there's something you better understand about me because it's important and one day your life may depend on it... I am definitely a madman with a sock. :p

So just keep that in mind. :srsnod:
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 83

Post by Black Rock »

Chris wrote:Nub Daleks.

How'd you survive BR?
I don't know.
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

BR, which players should we look at?
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

MovingPictures07 wrote:BR, which players should we look at?
I'm going to be looking at MM today. I'm also going to be looking at players pushing certain lynches I don't agree with. I'm going to have to start some detective work now that Enrique is dead. I'm going to finish reading the night post first though, the bastards tried to kill me. :( I totally noticed Chris' post before I saw that.
ImageImage
keys56000000000
The Mark

*clicks Submit Vote harder*
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

keys56000000000 wrote:*clicks Submit Vote harder*
Look for mistakes in the hosts' poll. Shit, I got to vote Enrique four,five times.
keys56000000000
The Mark

I've put my vote on Chris, because I want to see how he reacts under the pressure of potential lynching while insanified. Should be a laugh.
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
keys56000000000
The Mark

Epignosis wrote:
Look for mistakes in the hosts' poll. Shit, I got to vote Enrique four,five times.
Don' you have a sci-fi book to write? Post your pennies or get off the pot, tease!
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

keys56000000000 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Don' you have a sci-fi book to write? Post your pennies or get off the pot, tease!
I already wrote it. In the future. :noble:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Black Rock wrote:
I'm going to be looking at MM today. I'm also going to be looking at players pushing certain lynches I don't agree with. I'm going to have to start some detective work now that Enrique is dead. I'm going to finish reading the night post first though, the bastards tried to kill me. :( I totally noticed Chris' post before I saw that.
Makes sense. Are you looking at MM out of your own accord or due to some of the thoughts I presented or a combination?

Also, what do you mean by looking at players pushing certain lynches you don't agree with? Can you elaborate?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Hey keys, what do you think of my thoughts about MM? Anything there or total crap?
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Black Rock wrote:
Makes sense. Are you looking at MM out of your own accord or due to some of the thoughts I presented or a combination?

Also, what do you mean by looking at players pushing certain lynches you don't agree with? Can you elaborate?
A bit of both. I'm taking from what MM has said and Enrique. You have posted a lot of good thoughts this game. Anyways, between it all I don't trust MM at this point.

I don't wish to elaborate at this time, I want to do my homework first. I'm having troubles with my internet right now. It's up and down so I'm having troubles searching around.

Also, excellent post Hosties. It looks like I have super powers, LC is going to so jealous when he gets home and I show him how I can walk through walls. So very jealous. :srsnod:
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Black Rock wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Black Rock wrote:

A bit of both. I'm taking from what MM has said and Enrique. You have posted a lot of good thoughts this game. Anyways, between it all I don't trust MM at this point.

I don't wish to elaborate at this time, I want to do my homework first. I'm having troubles with my internet right now. It's up and down so I'm having troubles searching around.

Also, excellent post Hosties. It looks like I have super powers, LC is going to so jealous when he gets home and I show him how I can walk through walls. So very jealous. :srsnod:
Cool, I look forward to what else you contribute. And thanks. :)
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Black Rock wrote:It looks like I have super powers, LC is going to so jealous when he gets home and I show him how I can walk through walls. So very jealous. :srsnod:
That's because the sex sucks.

And before anybody gets mad at me, that's a joke about the friction necessary to produce pleasure in another person, and why Shadowcat could totally OWN her boyfriend Colossus in the relationship, and not a criticism of anyone's method of coitus. /Sheldon Cooper

I swear I'm writing books and shit.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I'm curious what S~V~S and LC (or anyone else, I suppose) think of BR this game.
keys56000000000
The Mark

MP, if anything, I agree with MM's case against yourself. I don't know what to tell you.
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

keys56000000000 wrote:MP, if anything, I agree with MM's case against yourself. I don't know what to tell you.
Ah, I see.

Well, suit yourself, I tried.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

All I can suggest is perhaps you should take a step back and think about what's happened recently.
keys56000000000
The Mark

For you, MP, I will do some reading back. But only because you say all the right things.

I seem to recall saying the same to Enrique. :haha:
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Black Rock wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Black Rock wrote:

Well it certianly has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that you are my birthday sister or that you make the deliciousness. I mean, it was a totally honest post I didn't even write so there's no bias at all. :D :noble: ;)
zeek
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 683

Post by zeek »

@Chris

:haha:

At least you only have 48hrs of it :)
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

zeek wrote:@Chris

:haha:

At least you only have 48hrs of it :)

;)
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

MovingPictures07 wrote:I'm curious what S~V~S and LC (or anyone else, I suppose) think of BR this game.
I have thought about it, and I can't ever recall baddie BR take a leading role. I do not think I am seeing bad BR.

I have been thinking MM was bad since the Snowy lynch; my thoughts on that lynch are a bit less clear to me than they were previously, though. If anything, I thought Dana the most suspicious of the group, now several are vouching for her. And as you said, MP, not sure you or any other bad team would have been so obvious. So I am going to reread MM, and the cases against him.

I have to admit I am having a hard time getting my head into this game with all the vouching and cross vouching I am seeing, with people saying they trust people with no real reason given or implied. This is screwing me up because the people they are saying they trust, like Dana & Daisy pre-death, look/ed very suspicious to me. So I am doubting my gut, but I really don't know WHY. I flip flop all over the place on you, MP. I trusted you early, and then even more due to the Alzarius vote although you denied info (which tbh is what I would have done had not zeek come out and admitted it himself), but then you say some stuff that gets me all :eye: and then you say other stuff that makes me think I am being paranoid about you. Plus Epi trying to evade the insanified dead guys question while trying to push the notion that he did not evade it~ just Epi being "i am what I am", or Epi being slick? Either is possible.

And yeah, comma splices.
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 106
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

I will prob vote epi
Mostly bc I feel the case is stronger than Metal or MP. Besides I really feel MP is civ this game. he has that indignant quality to his posts.
;)
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

What is your opinon on Metalmarsh?
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 204
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

SVS's post prompts me to respond to several issues re: MM, MP, and Epi.

I haven't seen what everyone else is seeing on MM. His posts just haven't been memorable to me, but MP looks like he's presented a thorough case. I haven't read it yet nor the response because my eyes just glazed over when i saw how many links were there, but I promise I will read it today. I'll also take a look at your posts SVS because I think you've said something about MM in the past.

MP I have been "flopping all over the place" too about your civviness or baddieness. I want to ask keys and chris - I understand chris probably won't be able to answer this until tomorrow - what specifically has you so convinced MP is bad. There must be something in the beginning and then there must be things along the way that are showing you he is bad. I initially thought he was probably bad because of the zeek shenanigans but I didn't think his "lynch me" was a ploy, I thought it was a genuine reaction to the situation he found himself in. So I'm wondering, is there more than these two things and if so, what? If there is anyone else who can answer this question please step right in but since keys and chris have voted him all along I would think they have the most conclusive evidence (maybe that's a bad assumption).

Epi I am looking forward to whatever you have for us this afternoon and I'm inclined right now to think you are civ. What I don't understand is why in hell you just don't make the robot statement so all of us can put that behind us. As a civ, do you really want us to spend so much time on that one issue? SVS said maybe you are possibly saying "I am what I am"; I just think you are being plain ole' stubborn. Or, you're not civ and there's a reason why you don't want to make that statement, a reason that I cannot see when I read your original statement about role-checking. I guess there is the possibility that you are civ and don't want to make that statement but I don't see any robots in the civ characters. I have to say the whole thing causes me some uneasiness because it could so easily be dispensed with.

So, I'm going to read MP's case and MM's response today and see if i can get through all MM's quotes as well. If anyone knows of anyone else who presented points about MM please tell me and I will look through their posts, unless it's additional points presented by MP. I don't think I have the mental energy nor the time to read through all of MP.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 106
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

SVS - He could have been trying to save Made - I mean that whole lynch was wierd right around deadline. I do find it odd he wanted MP to vote the same - remember that Snow lynch? He could be a Dalek sucking up to MP so he could say he wasn't the only one who voted that way.

Could you see yourself voting for epi if not then whom?

Linky juliets will read ialb
;)
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Roxy wrote:SVS - He could have been trying to save Made - I mean that whole lynch was wierd right around deadline. I do find it odd he wanted MP to vote the same - remember that Snow lynch? He could be a Dalek sucking up to MP so he could say he wasn't the only one who voted that way.

Could you see yourself voting for epi if not then whom?

Linky juliets will read ialb
I pretty clearly felt Epi 1.0 was a civ, even before he was revealed as such. Epi 2.0, I don't feel that as clearly. I wish the whole "say you're not a robot" thing was not even an issue~ it is one of the reasons why I am even less of a fan of LDs than I am of role checkers. But like I said, once the cat is out of the bag, you can't put him back in there. As Juliets says, this situation could be easily dispensed with, and the fact that he won't do so is troubling. I would consider a vote for him, not so much because he made the statement he did make, or becasue he will not make the one asked of him. The main thing that bothers me is the way he is trying to say he did actually do what was asked, wehn he did not do so. And he said it in an in your face, how dare you question me, kind of way, when it would have been so easy for him to just say "I am not a robot". I think he was trying to put an end to that topic of discussion. Which would tie in with the Cybermen killing zeek. It would be expected that when uninsanified, zeek might say to Epi, "Hey, Epi. Not being on a team with a rolechecker =/= 'I am not a robot'~ could you clear that up for me?". So they potentially killed him hoping that would go away.

I could see other possibilities, but this one seems likely. But I still want to do some reading, and keep an open mind. The LORB knows my instincts have not been the best this game.

It is easy for me to say that, becasue~ I am not a robot.

Return to “Previous Jobs”