33%

Total votes: 15
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 383

Re: Battlestar Galactica Mafia - Day Four

Post by S~V~S »

Long Con wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Where did SVS claim Cylon today?
Everything about this post screams "I am a Cylon". Literally everything, except the blablabla about Lorab being a Cylon that we all already know.

She opposes the plan, and she wants to kill Cain. The only players with a reason to want Cain dead are Cylons. I'm not Cain, but that's not the point, the point is what S~V~S believes.
S~V~S wrote:I utterly hate the idea of forcing anyone to do anything. If you want to lynch them since you think they are cylons for refusing to take the pledge, that's one thing. But forcing people to make claims against their will by piling votes on them with potential vote manips out there to force them to make a claim that might not even be applicable just seems like a bad idea. Also kind of mean. Trying to convince them, awesome. Forcing them, not so much.

I plan to either vote for LoRab flat out, or for LC if people are amiable to that. We know LoRab is a Cylon, and I will eat my hat and sig anything LC wants for the rest of my mafia career if he is not Admiral Cain. I don;t want to make anyone do anything they don't want to. That is not much fun, tbh.
I oppose any plan that forces, or attempts to force, people to do things they don't want to do, like voting for them to push them to make a statement. That's bullying, and it is NOT civvie, imo. I AM in favor of a plan that tries to get everyone to say they are a cylon voluntarily to eliminate lynch saves, and have been since MM first brought it up. Plans to vote people to attempt to coerce them just pushed people further into the woodwork, imo.

I am sorry if I am getting on your nerves with this. But I think Cain is not good for anyone, and probably has secret role style secret win cons. She came in & ripped a possible win out from some people for no reason, and possibly hurt others, HUMAN others, as well. One of our strongest town roles quite probably has contact with a cylon. And if Cain put out this, who knows what things might be ahead.

I am not in favor of civvies being run by a dictatorship. The town should run itself.

Linki, not role playing~

And I see you don't want to be lynched anymore, Admiral :)
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 835

Post by Ricochet »

Long Con wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Ricochet wrote:In fact, I incline to regard Long Con as a shoe in, due to certain mentions that have been made in the game.
What are you even talking about??
There has been insistence that you are Cylon for sho. :grin:
Rico... don't be that guy.

And you're behind, I'm Cain now, not a Cylon. Long Con as a Cylon is so yesterday.
Why are you appealing to "don't be like that"? Tell me why I should distrust the information.

Also I'm not a proponent of you being Cain, SVS mostly is. I've no idea who Admiral Cain is or where to look for her.
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 102
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Long Con wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Scotty wrote:EBWOP
SVS could eat a hat, not cat.

Now please, a few more people vote for dog
This was on purpose
Oh.... I thought you were on a phone and accidentally autocorrected sig to dog... as so many have done before you. Sorry for my humour detection fail.
I am on my phone and I didn't actually mean to do that. I also didn't mean to forget a sarcastic color for that last sentence. Your humor didn't fail you on the first regard :beer:
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 425
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Ricochet wrote:
Long Con wrote: The only players with a reason to want Cain dead are Cylons.
I seriously doubt that. Admiral Cain's law might have changed the situation for a lot of players.
It's really up to the Humans out there to decide for themselves if it's worth trying to lynch a role that is not in their... goal-oriented behaviour... over lynching Cylons that we all need dead no matter what.
Ricochet wrote:Why are you appealing to "don't be like that"? Tell me why I should distrust the information.

Also I'm not a proponent of you being Cain, SVS mostly is. I've no idea who Admiral Cain is or where to look for her.
What "information"?? "Don't be like that" means "don't be that guy who just hops on to a popular suspicion without even really knowing why".

I asked you why, and your response was recorded in Mirriam-Webster's as the new definition of "glib". What the f*ck makes me a Cylon?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Scotty wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Scotty wrote:

This was on purpose
Oh.... I thought you were on a phone and accidentally autocorrected sig to dog... as so many have done before you. Sorry for my humour detection fail.
I am on my phone and I didn't actually mean to do that. I also didn't mean to forget a sarcastic color for that last sentence. Your humor didn't fail you on the first regard :beer:
Shit, that's great, my original follow-up post stands then! This has really been an emotional rollercoaster for us all!
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 636

Post by Epignosis »

Long Con wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Long Con wrote:The only players with a reason to want Cain dead are Cylons.
How do you know that?
It's a pretty reasonable conclusion based on Cain's law. Why should any human want Cain dead? I'll eat S~V~S' hat if the goal of almost every human doesn't involve killing at least the 7 Cylons that are evil on the show. Killing Cylons is cool. Present company excepted, of course.
Reasonable? If somebody changed my status like Cain did to the humans, I'd straight up want revenge, victory be damned. :suspish:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
ObscureAllure
The Mark
Posts in topic: 335

Post by ObscureAllure »

S~V~S wrote:EBWOP, I don't think Epi is bad, and getting rid of Cain will bring a return to saner policies. I don't want to force him to burn his protection, and I don't even know that I think OA is a cylon.

:phew:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch slap in the name of Jesus.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Long Con wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
I seriously doubt that. Admiral Cain's law might have changed the situation for a lot of players.
It's really up to the Humans out there to decide for themselves if it's worth trying to lynch a role that is not in their... goal-oriented behaviour... over lynching Cylons that we all need dead no matter what.
Ricochet wrote:Why are you appealing to "don't be like that"? Tell me why I should distrust the information.

What "information"?? "Don't be like that" means "don't be that guy who just hops on to a popular suspicion without even really knowing why".

I asked you why, and your response was recorded in Mirriam-Webster's as the new definition of "glib". What the f*ck makes me a Cylon?
I would rather lynch Cain than Epignosis, tbh.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Long Con wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
"We all".

See, that wasn't really the case until Pegasus rode in here. That's my point.
Long Con wrote:

But who said I don't really know why and that it's a mere suspicion. I read it as more than that.

I think you were read as a Cylon.
ObscureAllure
The Mark

Post by ObscureAllure »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Scotty wrote:

This was on purpose
That's ok. Nobody got my rectum pun last night.
Trust me, I got all of the ass jokes. :stare:
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 287

Post by sig »

I don't feel like claiming cylon right now, and I'm not going to be pressured into it when the people attempting to pressure me into it don't care if Epi an outted cylon doesn't do it.
Ricochet wrote:
Scotty wrote: You had all day to contemplate your answer to my push against you and why you're not claiming cylon while still pushing for Epi to do it. So let's do this:

vote sig
Remind me why you're not invested in the slightest to lynch LoRab. Your Day Three vote was also parked on sig. :ponder:
Yeah he is being super tunnely since I at one point wanted to lycnh Epi and all cylons no other reason.
Wilgy's votes are just if not more absurd, two phases ago he voted with me this phase he voted for me, he like zebra is coasting through the game not doing much.

Also there is a difference from me not claiming and stopping Epi from having an immunity when our win con says we need to lynch all cylons, if we can change it then that is great, but if we can't and we leave him with immunity we could be screwed when we get to EOD. I don't want to for all purposes win then loose since we didn't put him on an even level. AND why is it that everyone who wants everyone else to claim immunity don't want to make Epi do the same? It makes no sense.

The chances of finding Cain is so small IT IS A WASTE OF TIME TO ACTIVELY HUNT THEM. It'll result in the death of civs and an excuse for the mafia to mislynch civs over and over again while the mafia keeps on killing us every night. It is a foolish thing to try to do right now.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
sig wrote:So nobody is going to follow my Epi plan fine. However, the fact that y'all are starting other wagons on people when we have an outed most likely bad cylon is stupid, especially considering our win cons. I mean I see no case for DF yet he has two votes? Zebra wants to start a counter wagon on me yet is now saying she wants lorab lynched, ect.
I think any attempt to counter lorab is being done by her teammates.
In terms of alignment, why is Epignosis most likely a bad Cylon?

I don't know if he is or not, I'm leaning towards him not being a bad cylon however, that doesn't matter right now. Since we at this time need them all dead and even if we do kill Cain the win cons might not change. So we must operate under the assumption that they don't, continue to hunt the bad cylons, and as a plus take Epi's immunity ince we know he is a cylon.
sig wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:
sig wrote: I think any attempt to counter lorab is being done by her teammates.
Yes, because I'm an idiot.
No need to get nasty and defensive. :smoky:
:eye:
I don't think anyone is being nasty in this post. :suspish:
sig wrote:I already said before I started playing I'd be busier forgive me if I didn't build big enough cases and just made posts and weighed in when I could. To much toxicity of this game at times and post counts didn't help. I'm on a tight schedule right now with school and I don't want to post WHEN PEOPLE ARE CAPING EACH OTHER TO DEATH, or when I have ten pages of nonsense to catch up on. The posts I do make have been either ignored or discounted.
Also if you looked at my baddie meta you'd see i usually post more and do build cases. But, go ahead if you want to lynch me without building a case or doing critical thinking about how to win go ahead.

Zebra I'm not trying to actively get you lynched while you are activity trying to get me lynched over a cylon and the way you keep brushing suspicion off and not actually doing anything is scummy. You're not even trying to game solve and you're just coasting.

linki: I wasn't even addressing SW at first she just made a weird response to my post which I believe was uncalled for. I said any attempt to make a counterwagon which would mean lynching the counter over lorab is scummy. I see no world in which a good townie player would attempt to lynch someone with nothing then Lorab who is a confirmed cylon who is most likely bad. I could see leaving Epi alive, I'm fine with that atm, but it makes no sense to not lynch Lorab and instead lynch me, Df, or even LC.
Calling people nasty when they're being perfectly civil (if just with some sarcasm) isn't going to help with toxicity. ;)

To bad it was my turn to throw a fit like almost half the other players so I did. :meany:

The point isn't to lynch another person. The point it to eliminate amnesty and fall back on Lorab.

Zebra even said she wants to lynch you tomorrow, not today.

No she was pushing my lynch today then changed her mind to lynch me tomorrow, she was still pushing for me to be lynched based on nothing like she did last game in which she was mafia.
Epignosis wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:I proposed a plan yesterday, and you've refused to follow it OA. You've also already voted despite warnings against it from myself and sig.

Did you have a plan in mind?
You don't need a PLAN.

:shifty:
I need a BEER!
ImageImage
ObscureAllure
The Mark

Post by ObscureAllure »

Epignosis wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Long Con wrote:The only players with a reason to want Cain dead are Cylons.
How do you know that?
It's a pretty reasonable conclusion based on Cain's law. Why should any human want Cain dead? I'll eat S~V~S' hat if the goal of almost every human doesn't involve killing at least the 7 Cylons that are evil on the show. Killing Cylons is cool. Present company excepted, of course.
Reasonable? If somebody changed my status like Cain did to the humans, I'd straight up want revenge, victory be damned. :suspish:

THIS. THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS. WHOLE
LOT OF THIS.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

S~V~S wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Where did SVS claim Cylon today?
Everything about this post screams "I am a Cylon". Literally everything, except the blablabla about Lorab being a Cylon that we all already know.

She opposes the plan, and she wants to kill Cain. The only players with a reason to want Cain dead are Cylons. I'm not Cain, but that's not the point, the point is what S~V~S believes.
S~V~S wrote:I utterly hate the idea of forcing anyone to do anything. If you want to lynch them since you think they are cylons for refusing to take the pledge, that's one thing. But forcing people to make claims against their will by piling votes on them with potential vote manips out there to force them to make a claim that might not even be applicable just seems like a bad idea. Also kind of mean. Trying to convince them, awesome. Forcing them, not so much.

I plan to either vote for LoRab flat out, or for LC if people are amiable to that. We know LoRab is a Cylon, and I will eat my hat and sig anything LC wants for the rest of my mafia career if he is not Admiral Cain. I don;t want to make anyone do anything they don't want to. That is not much fun, tbh.
I oppose any plan that forces, or attempts to force, people to do things they don't want to do, like voting for them to push them to make a statement. That's bullying, and it is NOT civvie, imo.

More roleplaying. That's what this is, S~V~S, it's not gameplay, it's roleplay. I'm all for the good and the noble and the true, and all the great ideals that being Civvie represents, but those things mean nothing in a game of Mafia. It's a non-entity. What you call "bullying" is merely a means to try and get more sure of a Civvie victory. THAT is the Civviest thing you can do. Doing what makes the Civvies win.
I AM in favor of a plan that tries to get everyone to say they are a cylon voluntarily to eliminate lynch saves, and have been since MM first brought it up. Plans to vote people to attempt to coerce them just pushed people further into the woodwork, imo.
Pushed people into the woodwork? I don't understand what you mean. I think it has generated a lot of posts, and forced a few opinions and revelations to come out that wouldn't have happened otherwise. I think that's generally good for the game as a whole. Going into the woodwork would mean posting less... yes? Who's doing that?
I am sorry if I am getting on your nerves with this. But I think Cain is not good for anyone, and probably has secret role style secret win cons. She came in & ripped a possible win out from some people for no reason, and possibly hurt others, HUMAN others, as well. One of our strongest town roles quite probably has contact with a cylon. And if Cain put out this, who knows what things might be ahead.
I am not in favor of civvies being run by a dictatorship. The town should run itself.

Linki, not role playing~
Ho ho ho it certainly IS roleplaying. The Civvies are not being "run by a dictatorship", that's fanciful thought. We don't know who Adama and Cain are being played by, and what their players' level of sanity is. You're pretending you are in the TV show. It's fine, S~V~S, but I'm calling it out when I see it because I don't find that kind of thing to be particularly valid or game-related. I want to stick to game stuff, and I'll be noble when I'm playing my Paladin in D&D.
And I see you don't want to be lynched anymore, Admiral :)
Ha ha it's an old joke, but still a good one. :clap:
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 455

Post by Matt »

I have no idea if I'll be home or not before EoD, I actually think I will, but just in case...

Lorab

Even if I do get home, no doubt I'll be 15 pages behind by then and blahblahblah.

Lorab, if you turn out to be a good cylon, my bad dudette. But right now, I think you're the best choice.

Peace
Image Image Image Image
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 287

Post by sig »

@MM these posts by zebra aren't about tomorrow it is about this phase.

a2thezebra wrote:If there's going to be a counterwagon, it's got to be sig. Vompatti would be nice too but no one is going to get behind that.
a2thezebra wrote:I absolutely support a sig lynch. The other three I'm not so sure.
a2thezebra wrote:
Scotty wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:Who should we lynch today, OA?
You wanna help me make a secondary lynch on sig? Last I checked he was in the bottom of your rainbow list.
Ooooh yes please!
Do a quick read through of Zebra's posts she has 212 posts most of which are one liners devoid of any real content what so ever. She has given out very few reads and have done very little this game. Lots of posts that give us nothing to work with, which makes it seem like she's active while she really isn't
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

quote="sig"]I don't feel like claiming cylon right now, and I'm not going to be pressured into it when the people attempting to pressure me into it don't care if Epi an outted cylon doesn't do it. [/quote]
Meaning you might eventually? Why hold off at all?

You are a cylon. A bad one.

People. After LoRab is lynched, please lynch this one. Why is he allowed to get away with this?

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

You'll notice an empty gap in there... here's that part I forgot to go back and do:
"I think", "possible", "possibly", "quite probably", "who know what".... this is all 100% SPECULATION. This is not worth starting a lynch train against me just because you think something might be true because you think it.

I have come up with a perfectly reasonable solution to Cain's Martial Law, in that the President could make an Exception Amendment... whereby a Cylon like Epi could receive a majority vote and be exempt from the Kill 'Em All Law. As usual, of course, there were zero likes on SyndBook for that post, as no one even acknowledged it. ;) Try being Long Con someday, S~V~S. You're damn right it would get on your nerves.
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 11

Post by DFaraday »

S~V~S wrote:
DFaraday wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
DFaraday wrote:So say we all

It makes more sense to me to go for someone who has claimed Cylon than taking a shot in the dark (especially if that shot is at me).

votes Lorab
Would you be willing to claim Cylon at this moment?
I'm not a Cylon, so I don't see how that will help me.
The more people that say it, the more "Peer Pressure" falls on the cylons who can use it as a lynch save to also claim it so as not to stand out by refusing to do something that hurts cylons but not humans.

tl;dr it won't hurt if you are not a cylon.
I never like plans like that. Proposing something that everyone should do always feels demanding and dictatorial to me, and is not how I like to play.

And I'm not a Cylon anyway. :D
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Long Con wrote:You'll notice an empty gap in there... here's that part I forgot to go back and do:
"I think", "possible", "possibly", "quite probably", "who know what".... this is all 100% SPECULATION. This is not worth starting a lynch train against me just because you think something might be true because you think it.

I have come up with a perfectly reasonable solution to Cain's Martial Law, in that the President could make an Exception Amendment... whereby a Cylon like Epi could receive a majority vote and be exempt from the Kill 'Em All Law. As usual, of course, there were zero likes on SyndBook for that post, as no one even acknowledged it. ;) Try being Long Con someday, S~V~S. You're damn right it would get on your nerves.
It's nerve grating enough being myself, thanks :noble: And probably for similar reasons :nicenod:

I just don't trust Cain to do what is right for others, just for herself.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

S~V~S wrote:
Long Con wrote:You'll notice an empty gap in there... here's that part I forgot to go back and do:

It's nerve grating enough being myself, thanks :noble: And probably for similar reasons :nicenod:

"Do"... what is "do", in your mind? Are you talking about the gameplay and voting of Cain's player? Do you mean with regard to jumping the fleet? Are you imagining some secret powers that are somehow Civ-unfriendly? Do you think her goal is something other than killing Cylons? Or is this more roleplaying, you don't trust the character on the show?
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 93

Post by Vompatti »

If LoRab is a cylon, why have so many possible cylons voted for her already? :confused:
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
ObscureAllure
The Mark

Post by ObscureAllure »

Vompatti wrote:If LoRab is a cylon, why have so many possible cylons voted for her already? :confused:

Safe vote Civ cred

But I'm totally not one of those nasty plug in things that heats up bread until it's crispy golden brown.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Long Con wrote:
S~V~S wrote:

"Do"... what is "do", in your mind? Are you talking about the gameplay and voting of Cain's player? Do you mean with regard to jumping the fleet? Are you imagining some secret powers that are somehow Civ-unfriendly? Do you think her goal is something other than killing Cylons? Or is this more roleplaying, you don't trust the character on the show?
I don't trust the role based on the fact that it is a secret role, that it stole peoples win cons. I don't trust you based on your play up to the point that Cain was revealed, and I feel your agenda changed at that time. Based on your gameplay since then even more. I think you had some sort of one time immunity or something and you were trying to get lynched for cred, which you would not do if a civ. Maybe you lost it when your role was revealed, maybe you lost it becasue someone tried to NK you last night. I have no way of knowing. But I don;t think you have been playing for the town all game; you have been playing for yourself. I think you are Admiral Cain. And I have no clue what your goal is. But at least one person I think is not bad now had to die for you OR FOR ME & OTHERS to win. Cain just made winning harder for most of us, and impossible for some. I don't think Cain is beneficial to the town. We don't need Cains directives.

It all clicked into place for me when Cain was revealed.

And why do you keep bringing up roleplaying? I am not role playing. I am trying to talk in ther terms/terminology of the game. Roleplay is not something I generally do. Is it a way of trying to make me look zany or silly?
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 402
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

sig wrote:@MM these posts by zebra aren't about tomorrow it is about this phase.

a2thezebra wrote:If there's going to be a counterwagon, it's got to be sig. Vompatti would be nice too but no one is going to get behind that.
a2thezebra wrote:I absolutely support a sig lynch. The other three I'm not so sure.
a2thezebra wrote:
Scotty wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:Who should we lynch today, OA?
You wanna help me make a secondary lynch on sig? Last I checked he was in the bottom of your rainbow list.
Ooooh yes please!
Do a quick read through of Zebra's posts she has 212 posts most of which are one liners devoid of any real content what so ever. She has given out very few reads and have done very little this game. Lots of posts that give us nothing to work with, which makes it seem like she's active while she really isn't
She doesn't say in these posts she wants to lynch you today. :confused:

1) She says she wants to start a counterwagon on you. We've already discussed the counterwagon idea in this game. The goal is to try to get a Cylon to use their amnesty, not to automatically lynch that person.

2) She says she supports a sig lynch. There is no when.

3) Again, asks for help to start a secondary lynch on you. That still accounts for LoRab being the primary lynchee today.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Vompatti wrote:If LoRab is a cylon, why have so many possible cylons voted for her already? :confused:
Who do you want to vote for todays?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
How about zebra? :beer:
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Nobody is getting civ cred out of voting LoRab today, lol.
ObscureAllure
The Mark

Post by ObscureAllure »

I know, I was being glib.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Mmm boy.
sig wrote:I don't feel like claiming cylon right now, and I'm not going to be pressured into it when the people attempting to pressure me into it don't care if Epi an outted cylon doesn't do it.
There's a difference between me and you. I'll give you some time to figure out what that is.
sig wrote:Also there is a difference from me not claiming and stopping Epi from having an immunity when our win con says we need to lynch all cylons, if we can change it then that is great, but if we can't and we leave him with immunity we could be screwed when we get to EOD. I don't want to for all purposes win then loose since we didn't put him on an even level. AND why is it that everyone who wants everyone else to claim immunity don't want to make Epi do the same? It makes no sense.
Oh, I see you've already answered that. How silly of me. :grin:

Never mind that you keep reiterating what "we" need to do. Your insistence that you're human doesn't concern my present purpose. :smoky:

Rather, let me work through your "EOD" scenario (I am assuming you mean end-of-game, not end-of-Day).

"You" (plural, presumably for humans) don't put me "on an even level," by which you mean you have not forced (good luck) me to divest myself of a Day phase's worth of immunity. That, according to you, will make you lose. How?

It's Day 19. You are human, and alive. George Lucas and Ron Howard are also alive, and also human. It's you three and me. You need me dead to win. You unanimously lynch me. I live. George Lucas goes down instead because of my vote. There is no kill. Day 20 arrives, and it's you and Ron Howard against me. I get lynched and you and Ron Howard prance off into the sunset. Roll credits.

So how exactly can I interfere with "your" chance of winning?

The only thing I can see myself doing in that endgame scenario is sparing George Lucas and voting for you. :feb:

sig wrote:The chances of finding Cain is so small IT IS A WASTE OF TIME TO ACTIVELY HUNT THEM. It'll result in the death of civs and an excuse for the mafia to mislynch civs over and over again while the mafia keeps on killing us every night. It is a foolish thing to try to do right now.
A waste of time? No...there's been plenty of time, most of it spent talking about schemes and plans rather than interacting and hunting. That's been a waste of time.

The chances of finding mafia is technically small in nearly all formats, so that IT IS A WASTE OF TIME TO ACTIVELY HUNT THEM, which will result in the deaths of civilians and enable mafia to lynch civilians over and over again while the mafia keep on killing every night. It's a foolish thing to do! :omg:

Excuse me. I got carried away.

At any rate, sig, you seem concerned that if all Cylons aren't dead, you will certainly lose due to an unfortunate endgame scenario (which I find implausible). However, your concern immediately above is that civilians will get lynched and mafia never will, and presumably you would lose in that scenario too:
Golden wrote: In addition to any existing win conditions, Admiral Cain is imposing another. No human may win the game while any cylon is alive.
Which do you satisfy first, sig? Your existing win condition, or your additional win condition?

You don't have to answer that. I'm more interested in this tidbit here:
Golden wrote:
Long Con wrote:Host: Do players need to be alive to claim their Win Condition?
Yes, unless their win condition expressly says otherwise. This is about the survival of the human race. Death is death!
And I'll quote again a portion of the above that put the orbiter before the external tank:
sig wrote:Also there is a difference from me not claiming and stopping Epi from having an immunity when our win con says we need to lynch all cylons, if we can change it then that is great, but if we can't and we leave him with immunity we could be screwed when we get to EOD. I don't want to for all purposes win then loose since we didn't put him on an even level. AND why is it that everyone who wants everyone else to claim immunity don't want to make Epi do the same? It makes no sense.
If you are interested in probability (you say "chances"), what are the odds that you make it alive to endgame to the extent that you worry now that I might be around then too to screw you out of a win? :ponder:
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Vompatti wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Zebra is fifth on my list of players I want to lynch.

How about DFaraday, Long Con, or LoRab? :beer:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Vompatti wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

I don't have an opinion on DF, I think LC is probably a civ, and I don't understand why everyone is voting LoRab. :shrug:

Image Image Image
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Vompatti wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Vompatti wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

I don't have an opinion on DF, I think LC is probably a civ, and I don't understand why everyone is voting LoRab. :shrug:
:suspish:

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Vompatti wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Vompatti wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

The only reason I want to lynch Epignosis is because he is a Cylon. But there are a total of 13 Cylons in this game.

Also, considering our dynamic win conditions, I'm willing to hold off on lynching him to see if the status quo changes again. Additionally, based on the setup, there may come a point in the game where the Cylons outnumber the Humans, and the last thing I want is for a massive Cylon Revolt that would kill off all of the Humans one-by-one. Creating a situation where it is a black-and-white Human-vs-Cylon scenario would be the most detrimental thing to happen just because of the numbers.

One more thing. We don't even know if Epignosis would die in a lynch anyway. He could just be rezzed again. :P

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Vompatti wrote:I don't have an opinion on DF, I think LC is probably a civ, and I don't understand why everyone is voting LoRab. :shrug:
I don't think everyone is voting for LoRab though. My vote is on DFaraday. :shrug2:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

S~V~S wrote:I don't trust the role based on the fact that it is a secret role, that it stole peoples win cons. I don't trust you based on your play up to the point that Cain was revealed, and I feel your agenda changed at that time.

The only thing that has changed my agenda is the unfortunate need to defend myself more.
Based on your gameplay since then even more. I think you had some sort of one time immunity or something and you were trying to get lynched for cred, which you would not do if a civ.

Oh, I thought we were done with that. No, I wasn't trying to get lynched. That is something you made up. Moving on...
Maybe you lost it when your role was revealed, maybe you lost it becasue someone tried to NK you last night. I have no way of knowing. But I don;t think you have been playing for the town all game; you have been playing for yourself.
What makes you say that? What makes you, for instance, the paragon of Playing For The Town? What you say about me is speculation based on why you think I do what I do. What I am saying about you is simply there to read, and I specifically quote what I'm talking about, and explain what I mean and why, which is a hell of a lot more than most, if not all, players have done in return for me.
I think you are Admiral Cain. And I have no clue what your goal is. But at least one person I think is not bad now had to die for you OR FOR ME & OTHERS to win. Cain just made winning harder for most of us, and impossible for some. I don't think Cain is beneficial to the town. We don't need Cains directives.

It all clicked into place for me when Cain was revealed.
Maybe you should see a chiropractor. Cain is not the only role in this game that wants to see all Cylons dead, not that you would consider that since it doesn't work for you.
And why do you keep bringing up roleplaying? I am not role playing. I am trying to talk in ther terms/terminology of the game. Roleplay is not something I generally do. Is it a way of trying to make me look zany or silly?
As I said, I didn't just accuse you of roleplaying and leave it hanging there... that would be like someone saying "you're not playing for the Town" or "your agenda changed at that time" without any further explanation. When I accused you of roleplaying, I very specifically defined what I'm talking about, so that you don't need to ask that question. YOU'RE WELCOME, I DO IT OUT OF RESPECT FOR YOU AS A PLAYER.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

You know I am a gut player, LC. I have been saying it in real time for days, how I felt about you. You have had something going on all game long, and Admiral Cain fits it. You have been in a holding pattern waiting for something to happen. That is exactly how your game has looked, in retrospect.

And now something happened.

And everyone playing the game they play has nothing to do with respect. I deeply respect you as a player, and fear you immensely. That is why I am doing and saying what I am doing & saying. I can't play like you, though, I can only play like me.

I am sorry if you don't like my reasons, they are what they are.

If I am wrong, post game send me what you want me to say in my sig. But I think my sig will stay exactly the same as it is :)
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

S~V~S wrote:You know I am a gut player, LC. I have been saying it in real time for days, how I felt about you. You have had something going on all game long, and Admiral Cain fits it. You have been in a holding pattern waiting for something to happen. That is exactly how your game has looked, in retrospect.

And everyone playing the game they play has nothing to do with respect. I deeply respect you as a player, and fear you immensely. That is why I am doing and saying what I am doing & saying. I can't play like you, though, I can only play like me.

If I am wrong, post game send me what you want me to say in my sig. But I think my sig will stay exactly the same as it is :)
I already said what I want it to say. Something about you being wrong that I was trying to get lynched. That's annoying me the most out of all of it, because it's not true. And you are using that untruth to fuel your other opinions about me. I'm trying to get lynched, so I have a secret agenda, so I must be the secret role. You're basing your entire opinion on the original faulty conclusion that you are having so much trouble letting go of.

And this is not a sig bet. I don't make sig bets. This is an agreement to an apology after we're done, which you prove is authentic by wearing it in your sig.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Raise your hand if you've ever been annoyed when you were correctly suspected for incorrect reasons.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote:Raise your hand if you've ever been annoyed when you were correctly suspected for incorrect reasons.
Come again?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Long Con wrote:
S~V~S wrote:You know I am a gut player, LC. I have been saying it in real time for days, how I felt about you. You have had something going on all game long, and Admiral Cain fits it. You have been in a holding pattern waiting for something to happen. That is exactly how your game has looked, in retrospect.

I already said what I want it to say. Something about you being wrong that I was trying to get lynched. That's annoying me the most out of all of it, because it's not true. And you are using that untruth to fuel your other opinions about me. I'm trying to get lynched, so I have a secret agenda, so I must be the secret role. You're basing your entire opinion on the original faulty conclusion that you are having so much trouble letting go of.

And this is not a sig bet. I don't make sig bets. This is an agreement to an apology after we're done, which you prove is authentic by wearing it in your sig.
I know it isn't a bet. I said send me what you want post game if I am wrong, but I don't think that I am. You were waiting for something. Something happened.

@Epi, *raises hand*
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

DrWilgy

Day Two [17th vote out of 26, sideline vote - 2nd on Epignosis, nutella was leading 5-3 vs Long Con]

~ Joins ths game. No stance on either wagons. Seems to follow sig's lobby to vote Epig.

Day Three [24th vote out of 25, 8th vote for Nerolunar, technically placing him 8-9 against LoRab, but LoRab had long claimed, so realistically 8-0]

~ Just as sporadic in playing. Banter posts, then votes for Nerolunar to "tie" him with LoRab

I'm getting an awkward townread out of this. Sure, he's loafing around and doing edgy vote moves without any background or reference. But I recall BadWilgy trying harder than this. He picked up the pace on Day Four, but his actual content looks more like darts thrown randomly at people.

I feel worse about his Day Two vote, because it could technically have been a spread vote, whilst nutella was in real danger. But as far as Day Three goes, I'd find it a matter of hilarity for Wilgy to think he's actually creating ties between LoRab and Nero, if he'd be aware of teamie LoRab being safe for the Day. Hence why I'm slightly reading him as a solitary player who's just goofing around. At least for now. Btw, IAWY's small log is also null on any nutella, LoRab and anyone else relevant in this scan.

Epignosis

Day Two [-]

~ addresses nutella's take on G-Man, but nothing more
+ inquires sig why he finds nutella's predicament (lot of late EoD votes) worrying
~ missed vote

Day Three [14th vote out of 25, 2nd vote on Nerolunar, LoRab had claimed already]

~ understands suspicions on LoRab, but thinks she's rather not be so open, if on a team with nutella
~ starts assessing LoRab's claim and reaches the conclusion of her needing to be lynched
- votes Nerolunar with no reasoning or background

I was planning so say "pass" in light of Epig's known identity and 7 pages of ISO, but then read him and the scarcity of evidence has pretty much led to the same indecisive outcome. Everything about the two Cylons that were pushed for lynch (well, LoRab is yet to be confirmed) was treated with indifference by Epig. I think that Day Two ping on sig looks favorable, because there's not much reason to act suspicious of people dissenting against the wagon - although it wouldn't be out of Epig's league to fake such concern, just as well. Technically his Nero vote looks the worse, because he seriously hasn't mentioned Nero once in the game before picking on Obscure for voting Nero, then doing the same thing himself. No idea how to read all this. Actual alignment flips would really help at this point - otherwise it's just wild guessing if Epig is indeed civilian and accidentally comes off unattached to main subject or rather involved in missteps (such as a mislynch) or if there is a real bond with nutella and LoRab to be taken in consideration.

Glorfindel

Day Two [26th vote out of 26, 6th vote for Long Con, nutella still on lynch row 9-6]

~ says he doesn't have any strong feelings about nutella as a highly suspected person
~ votes Long Con in a situation where it hardly matters anymore to add to that tally; background suss on LC rather scarce
~ claims his vote wouldn't have affected the result of the lynch, but also admits nutella was not a contender for him (calls case on her circumstantial

Day Three [18th vote ouf of 25, 5th vote for Nerolunar, LoRab had claimed already, so technically 5-7, realistically 5-0 for Nerolunar]

- "happily" supports a vote on Nerolunar, based on a ping that... IAWY and Nerolunar might have distanced?

I already said that his Day Two would be suicidal, from the perspective of a nutella teammate doing such a blatant move as to not outright buss her, at that point. That being said, the rest of the evidence isn't the best Glorfindel could hope for. Non-committal on nutella, very vague and off-topic on any reason to vote Nerolunar, no mention whatsoever on LoRab (not even at this stage!). That's a bit too much unassuming attitude. Wag of Finger. Not critical, I'd say, but there's nothing to absolve him.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Epignosis wrote:Raise your hand if you've ever been annoyed when you were correctly suspected for incorrect reasons.
*raises hand*

This time: incorrect suspicion following incorrect reasons.
S~V~S wrote:You were waiting for something.
Qualify that. This is exactly what I'm talking about. Just show me and everyone else why you are saying that. I thought that was the norm when making an accusation. I don't understand what about my gameplay was "waiting-style", and when and how my gameplay supposedly changed. I'm still playing the same game I have been all along. Killing Cylons. That's it.

Do you think that I have contributed nothing to the game?
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 310

Post by Silverwolf »

Oh you mean when someone is right for the wrong reasons. That's frustrated the hell out of me before as a baddie. I've also been genuinely frustrated as hell at being suspected when I'm good. Still trying to decide which one Long Con is. I will agree he is frustrated, no doubt. I will agree he's putting a lot of effort into the game. I agree he is addressing the concerns against him and not blowing people off. If he is bad, he's playing a good game. Similar to what MP did in the Championship game where I couldn't get anyone to go along with me to suspect him. All I had against him was his tone and a couple awkward posts, and a major gut feel. He got out of it by putting in a ton of effort and convincing other, falsely, that effort is indicative of alignment when it really isn't. So, I'm paranoid the same thing is happening here. However, my big suspicion has to do with something that I very well may have been for a fool over so that throws me for a loop as well. So fuck me if I now what the hell to make of Long Con right now. I do appreciate how he re-addressed my concerns and tried to make things right-that seems more civ like than not. I just don't want to drop my suspicion and find out I was right or get him lynched and be wrong when if he is good, he's an active and engaged player who would be helpful to the civ cause. So fuck if I know. Also, am I the only person besides ika who swears on this site?
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

G-Man

Day Two [3rd vote out of 26, first vote on nutella]

~ lists nutella as possible mafia, claims she's giving him lazy "Deborah" vibes
~ lists LoRab also as possible mafia, calling it suss by default
(lists Glorfindel as possible mafia, as well, in fact him being the original player to give him lazy Deb vibes)
+ votes her despite a bit of an impulse to let her prove herself another Day

Day Three [18th vote out of 25, sideline vote for Glorfindel, Nerolunar had picked up 5 votes by then]

~ relists LoRab as high suspect, but still mainly for the default suss; then, for her rebuttal posts not being up to snuff, apparently
~ Glorfindel main suspect; case makes and votes him

In theory, I find that G-Man has done enough to prove himself a nutella hunter and not teammate indicative, in ways that his case and early vote would not sound optimal to push nutella in harm's way, if he were his teammate. The reason why most of the points above are deemed neutral by me is that there's not much substance to them: vibes of a lazy baddie; finding someone suspicious by default (repeatedly). On the plus side, there's consistency and reasoning behind his votes, there has been no inclination to join the talk on Nero or entertain the suss on him, there's effort even behind taking a third route such as lone voting Glorfindel. There is not too much to be wary about G-Man in here, tbh.

JaggedJimmyJay

Day Two [22nd vote out of 26, 7th vote of nutella, pushes her at 7-5]

+ major case on nutella
+ nutella vote

Day Three [11th vote out of 25, 7th vote on LoRab, LoRab claims afterwards]

+ linkread of LoRab with nutella, calls her suspect, although not top suspect

This proved easy. I still see no potential of JJJ bussing nutella this hard. His connection made on LoRab is a bit more soft, but on the other hand he was undecided on Nerolunar and he disagreed with Glorfindel being suspicious. I think I've mentioned this before, in regards to another player (Black Rock), but I don't find cutting all path to embrace counterwagons baddie indicative - or at least it'd be real detrimental for a baddie to find himself in such a spot. I don't see anything linking JJJ with nutella (unless we're talking pulling a Pulitzer of a buss script) and I don't get the vibe that he dumped his LoRab vote in knowledge of it becoming a null vote on a teamie that will turn immune.

Juliets

Day Two [20th vote out of 26, 6th vote on nutella, pushing her away from Long Con, 6-4]

~ plans to read into JJJ's case on nutella; wants to hear from her; wants input from others
~ planned to BOTD nutella, but she ended top suspect among a few others, so went ahead with voting her

Day Three [16th vote out of 25, 3rd vote on Nerolunar, LoRab already claimed]

- wants to know what makes LoRab so suspicious ("other" evidence besides a potential save vote for Long Con)
- votes Nerolunar without reasoning and background

Back on Day Three, I judged juliets favourably purely by the timing of he vote (taking nutella from 5-4 to 6-4), because it looked like too cruel of a buss move. But content-wise, juliets' game is taking a turn for the worse I'm afraid. Day Two stance on nutella comes out very wishy-washy in writing, indeed. Zero input + questioning other's input on LoRab looks awful. Two mentions of Nerolunar in the entire game, both being in her vote post for Nerolunar, which happened out of simply following Epignosis and Obscure's votes, looks awful. Most deserving of a Wag of the Finger.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

I've no idea how to handle the next two players, because Long Con being baddie/teamie would change everything about the Day Two lynch and LoRab, well, was almost voted for teamie potential on Day Three and is now facing death for Cylon claiming.
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 310

Post by Silverwolf »

Juliets is someone I also am suspicious of due to very safe, under the radar play very similar to nutella. She seems too cautious to be town.

Glorfindel I'm also suspicious of for similar reasons.

Black Rock is way too null for me and that also makes me suspicious.

I've given up trying to figure out Vompatti-I'm indifferent here.

I don't know what to do with Epi and Long Con right now because they were big suspicions I pushed, and now I'm not even sure what to think so I'm not even gonna classify them.

Bea has disappeared and I know she's busy but while she looked town in the beginning, has faded considerably and I'm worried about as well.

D'Farady, Wilgy, sig, Scotty are all in the null-scum pile

Very, very light townreads on polo, drumbeats, Gman, Sokoth, Spacedaisy, SVS, Zebra, Gman

Stonger townreads on: Matt, JJJ, Ricochet, metalmarsh, ObscureAllure

Today's lynch: LoRab

OK, So I got a ton of null, null scum, light town. Only a few town and a few suspicions but noting super strong.

This makes me feel like scum is laying low this game and we need to look at inactives and people not posting much when they are here. Is also makes me feel like I need to ISO numerous people to try to figure them out and I really don't want to cuz I'm lazy and busy.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Ricochet wrote:I've no idea how to handle the next two players, because Long Con being baddie/teamie would change everything about the Day Two lynch and LoRab, well, was almost voted for teamie potential on Day Three and is now facing death for Cylon claiming.
In what manner?
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Epignosis wrote:
Ricochet wrote:I've no idea how to handle the next two players, because Long Con being baddie/teamie would change everything about the Day Two lynch and LoRab, well, was almost voted for teamie potential on Day Three and is now facing death for Cylon claiming.
In what manner?
In the manner that the two main wagons were baddie on baddie. I've been judging things so far from the perspective of whether players acted or not to save, buss or properly condemn nutella, not both ways.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 142
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Ricochet wrote:
Juliets

Day Two [20th vote out of 26, 6th vote on nutella, pushing her away from Long Con, 6-4]

~ plans to read into JJJ's case on nutella; wants to hear from her; wants input from others
~ planned to BOTD nutella, but she ended top suspect among a few others, so went ahead with voting her

Day Three [16th vote out of 25, 3rd vote on Nerolunar, LoRab already claimed]

- wants to know what makes LoRab so suspicious ("other" evidence besides a potential save vote for Long Con)
- votes Nerolunar without reasoning and background

Back on Day Three, I judged juliets favourably purely by the timing of he vote (taking nutella from 5-4 to 6-4), because it looked like too cruel of a buss move. But content-wise, juliets' game is taking a turn for the worse I'm afraid. Day Two stance on nutella comes out very wishy-washy in writing, indeed. Zero input + questioning other's input on LoRab looks awful. Two mentions of Nerolunar in the entire game, both being in her vote post for Nerolunar, which happened out of simply following Epignosis and Obscure's votes, looks awful. Most deserving of a Wag of the Finger.

You must not know me very well. I always ask questions like the question I asked about Lorab. I didn't understand the full reasoning for the Lorab votes so I asked. There is no harm in that and I wanted to understand. Also, first you say you judged me favorably by my vote on Day 3 but then you go back to address something you saw on Day 2. Why didn't you bring that up when you judged me favorably? As for the Nerolunar post here is my quote that came right before that vote:

juliets wrote:I have no idea what to do now. sig has convinced me to back off him at the moment and I can't go to Lorab as a second choice. G-Man's case was pretty good but I need to see Glorfindel's response.

I didn't have anyway to turn but I felt good about OA and Epi at that time so followed them in their vote. Not the best reason to vote someone but I didn't feel like I had another choice out there. This is not the first time someone has followed someone else's vote.

Regarding Long Con, I thought he was good though I am reevaluating in lieu of this new Cain presence. His response to SVS about the sig issue though has me still leaning good on him for the time being.

As for not having much input I have been traveling almost the entire time this game has been going on, and not on vacation. As I told the thread several times I was out two days in a row, Monday and Tuesday of this week. That automatically reduces any input I would have had. My mind has been on family issues, as we experienced a tragedy in April and I just haven't been as mentally involved in the game as I would like to be. Again though, it is pretty typical for me to not have a lot of input early in a game.

Now that I am home I will try to give more to the game so you won't feel like I am just not giving input because I'm a baddie.

Also, regarding Lorab, my understanding is we are supposed to be holding our vote to maybe vote for someone who hasn't claimed. Is that correct? If not I am ready to vote.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”