Golden
33%

Total votes: 15
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 455

Re: Battlestar Galactica Mafia - Day Four

Post by Matt »

rabbit8 wrote:If you need a replacement Golden, I'm always good to annoy... everyone. Mainly you though... amiright?
Whoa!! :faint:

Haven't seen rabbit in forever! My third game ever was a Rabbit LMS game on RM in which I was lynched Day 1. Haha!
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Epignosis wrote:
rabbit8 wrote:If you need a replacement Golden, I'm always good to annoy... everyone. Mainly you though... amiright?
You missed an amazing Batman themed game here a few months ago. Absolutely stellar.
:feb:
Image Image Image Image
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 383

Post by S~V~S »

Dex wrote:
S~V~S wrote:As I understand it, Cain was like Athena, a literary device of sorts to demonstrate that all was not black/white, yes? Like in the original series, Cylons were unmitigated evil, no wiggle room. In the reboot,not so much (this is totally from the "only read multiple articles on the wiki & saw half of season one" perspective, I am going to bite the bullet & buy the mini series this weekend so season 1 makes more sense). Athena demonstrated that Cylons could be good, and Cain that humans could be bad. Is this correct? She seems somewhat of a tragic figure, but she seems driven by hate & revenge. No one could blame her personally for hating cylons in general, but it seeped into her command decisions, which is what made it bad.

Even if not for canon driven reasons that make me think this role is bad, I am not a fan of our win cons being made more difficult, since even if the remaining cylons seem to be predominantly bad, the Final Five, not so much.

If she backs down & restores our win cons, I am less likely to worry about her. But I view that win con thing as an act of aggression.
Pretty much. The Pegasus originally had an entourage of civilian ships like the Galactica, but she decided to strip them of vital equipment for spare parts for the Pegasus and left the people to die. For Cain, prosecuting the war against the Cylons trumped preserving the human race, which is kind of insane.

Plus, she delighted in torturing people. So... yeah.

I'm surprised you weren't all over the show.
Torturing people? I must be going to the wrong wiki.

I was going through some bad times at that time, I was not doing much in the way of TV until LOST dragged me in,and even then, that was pretty much all the TV I watched for a while. I think you're right, this lookd right up my alley.

Linki @LC, and if that happens, I can deal with it. But if it doesn't, that is a problem.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
ObscureAllure
The Mark
Posts in topic: 335

Re: Battlestar Galactica Mafia - Night Three

Post by ObscureAllure »

Spacedaisy wrote:Ok, my mistake you said this regarding your smilies....
ObscureAllure wrote:The last time I said something that triggered an event, I spoke in smilies for two days. And you want me to do what now?
But then you also said things like this statement....
ObscureAllure wrote:The last time I made a statement remotely close to that, I spoke in smilies for two days. You out your damn mind. In a game full of triggers for every little thing we do you want me to say that? You don't know my role. You don't know the impact of saying that in other ways. Uh uh. Ain't no way.
And this....
ObscureAllure wrote:So you would put me before LoRab? Before people who have already said it and are cylon mafia like LongCon? I've already proven I'm not Nutella's partner in crime. You want to come after me for refusing to get punished again while ignoring mafia? That's on you. I've already received golden's wrath once this game, y'all done lost your marbles if you think I'm doing it again.
Oh yeah, and this....
ObscureAllure wrote:The difference between me and them is I think everyone *but me* should do it AND I've got evidence of my punishment for the last time I got too close to the fire. And they aren't my role. Everyone else has no excuse, so it opens the door for no one else.
Not to mention this....
ObscureAllure wrote:
Matt wrote:I never once said I'd rather lynch you or anyone else before Lorab.

Do you not agree, that by YOU saying you will not do this, it opens up the door for others to come in and say "Yeah I dun wanna get punished either so I dun wanna say it" ?

I don't get how you would get punished for saying "I'm not a Cylon". How is that even punishable in any legit universe?

I disagree because A) we've called it out, B) I have evidence of what I said and my punishment.

And it's punishable because I wasn't being a good little Teapot who sticks to her role and doesn't piss off the Golden God of Battlestar Gallactica lore. :noble:

Linki: yeah well neither does the message in my inbox (make sense) but I never watched the show so I just do as I'm told.

Linki: No, when you anger the gods of sticking to your role description, you definitely can get in trouble. I'm not explaining it much more than this because then I'll just get punished for outing my role or win con. I'm leaving it as this: this girl ain't claiming to be any robot Borg bender android looking mofos and that's final.
I am little perplexed by you right now OA. You seemed pretty damn clear that you somehow pissed off Golden with a statement that came too close to your role or something of that nature. You want to back track now?
Not back tracking. I said I didn't ROLE CLAIM. Didn't say I didn't get a PM about being careful what I said and talked in smiley for two days - because I did to both of those. It just wasn't for a ROLE CLAIM. I got a little to close to doing something else that's off limits, that's what I was fussed at about. I never once role claimed or came close to it so I can't get punished for something I didn't do. I spoke in smilies because of something else I said, NOT A ROLE CLAIM. Afterwards when Long Con said I was hinting at an info role I even came out and said NO that's not what I was hinting at and he had it wrong, but that I couldn't say anymore about it. I don't know why you're pretending that I ever said I got punished for a role claim because I didn't. I got fussed at for being to specific about something I'm not allowed to be specific about.
Epignosis wrote:Bitch slap in the name of Jesus.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 102

Re: Battlestar Galactica Mafia - Night Four

Post by Spacedaisy »

And I never said you role claimed that I am aware of either. I was saying that you said you got in trouble for something you said because it got too close to something about your role. At least that was what I meant, if I said something different, it was not my intention. But what Bea has done is claim be a role that can be one of the final five. My question is why would you get fussed at for something you said (that apparently I am not the only one who does not see) but Bea might be allowed to do this?
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 425
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Spacedaisy wrote:
Long Con wrote:You guys will be wasting a lynch that could get you an actual baddie if you lynch me. You will literally be wasting a lynch and you will be one lynch behind come endgame when it matters. I can prove it if you just give me a little time. You seriously do not need to lynch me for any reason unless you are a Cylon.
What is your opinion of what I said earlier regarding Bea and OA?
I think OA has been acting absolutely nuts, and I don't believe for a minute that what she says about being punished for Cylon-claiming is true.

I don't think that makes her a baddie necessarily, because I think someone has done something to OA, Silverwolf, and Matt (and others have been alluded to, but I don't know). I think that OA is not allowed to say the words "Cylon" or "toaster" today for some reason, which is possibly related. I feel like they think I'm responsible for their current condition.

So... what about bea again?
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 425
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

S~V~S wrote:
Dex wrote:
S~V~S wrote:As I understand it, Cain was like Athena, a literary device of sorts to demonstrate that all was not black/white, yes? Like in the original series, Cylons were unmitigated evil, no wiggle room. In the reboot,not so much (this is totally from the "only read multiple articles on the wiki & saw half of season one" perspective, I am going to bite the bullet & buy the mini series this weekend so season 1 makes more sense). Athena demonstrated that Cylons could be good, and Cain that humans could be bad. Is this correct? She seems somewhat of a tragic figure, but she seems driven by hate & revenge. No one could blame her personally for hating cylons in general, but it seeped into her command decisions, which is what made it bad.

Even if not for canon driven reasons that make me think this role is bad, I am not a fan of our win cons being made more difficult, since even if the remaining cylons seem to be predominantly bad, the Final Five, not so much.

If she backs down & restores our win cons, I am less likely to worry about her. But I view that win con thing as an act of aggression.
Pretty much. The Pegasus originally had an entourage of civilian ships like the Galactica, but she decided to strip them of vital equipment for spare parts for the Pegasus and left the people to die. For Cain, prosecuting the war against the Cylons trumped preserving the human race, which is kind of insane.

I was going through some bad times at that time, I was not doing much in the way of TV until LOST dragged me in,and even then, that was pretty much all the TV I watched for a while. I think you're right, this lookd right up my alley.

Linki @LC, and if that happens, I can deal with it. But if it doesn't, that is a problem.
I swear to God, S~V~S - give me a little time, and I can prove it to you. I can't do it if you guys just lynch me tomorrow for theories and suppositions about the role you think I am can do.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

bea wrote:I am a cylon
Adding bea to G-man/julies who have now said "the phrase".

Thanks bea. I read the rest of your post and despite you being adamantly against it, I appreciate you going with the town on this one.

Btw, everything I've read Scotty saying about sig is spot on and I think I want to lynch him today.

But I'm still suss of OA and Long Con, too and I especially think Long Con could be Cain. Or Ricotech could be cain. Or...
Image Image Image Image
Polo
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 458

Post by Polo »

Long Con wrote:
Spacedaisy wrote:
Long Con wrote:You guys will be wasting a lynch that could get you an actual baddie if you lynch me. You will literally be wasting a lynch and you will be one lynch behind come endgame when it matters. I can prove it if you just give me a little time. You seriously do not need to lynch me for any reason unless you are a Cylon.
I think OA has been acting absolutely nuts, and I don't believe for a minute that what she says about being punished for Cylon-claiming is true.

I don't think that makes her a baddie necessarily, because I think someone has done something to OA, Silverwolf, and Matt (and others have been alluded to, but I don't know). I think that OA is not allowed to say the words "Cylon" or "toaster" today for some reason, which is possibly related. I feel like they think I'm responsible for their current condition.

Did you ISO OA?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

@OA, a lot of people are looking poorly at bea based on things said inher posts vs.things said in YOUR posts.

Since you are the only one who really knows what you were punished for, do you agree or disagree with suspicion of bea based on that comparison?
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 197

Post by Glorfindel »

Ricochet wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Glorfindel circumventing lynching a Cylon so much is starting to make my nose twitch. :ponder:
I'm just trying to catch up this morning and saw this... I'm sorry Rico but I don't understand what it is you're referring to here :shrug: Also...
Is anyone here experiencing difficulties accessing this site? It started off sporadically at the start of this game but is becoming more frequent messages saying "Server not found" when I try to log in. I'm not experiencing this with any other site... :shrug:
Day Two, Cylon nutella gets lynched, you drop a last vote on a long meaningless counterwagon.
Day Three, Cylon LoRab is outed, you resort to the counterwagon this time and mislynch a civilian.
Day Four, Cylon LoRab is lynched, you vote a mile away from the main action on Wilgy.
I'm sorry, Rico but you are wrong about this. I'll vote for who I believe should be removed for the good of the Town's cause. I've already said that I personally didn't see a case on Nutella (like the vast majority of players that voted that Day) and at the time, I believed that LC's continued presence was detrimental to our cause (I no longer believe that). Not only that, but all that lynch proved was that Nutella was Cylon, NOT that she was Mafia. I explained (twice now) why I voted for Magnus (Nerolunar) and wholeheartedly agree now that it was a mistake to think that his alignment would reveal the alignment of another player. The last Day phase, I chose to lynch someone I have consistently expressed concerns about over someone who'd already had an unassailable lead in the vote. Do you always vote for the lead wagon? And again, from everything I've read, I think that LoRab's statements were correct. I think there is a high likelihood that she was not Mafia and this whole 'kill all the Cylons' thing is a ruse being perpetrated on a Town team by a devious and manipulative Mafia team.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
Polo
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Polo »

Those who have yet to claim Cylon:

a2thezebra
Epignosis
Glorfindel
ObscureAllure
Ricochet
sig
SokothQultuq
Vompatti
ObscureAllure
The Mark

Post by ObscureAllure »

juliets wrote:
Dex wrote:
juliets wrote:I saw something in her posts that I believe would have got her punished but I don't think it is wise for me to repeat it. So, I think she's telling the truth.
You did better than I did. Like SD, I couldn't find anything even remotely punishable in her posts prior to her smiley phase. I couldn't find anything that looked like a trigger, either, and I consider her specific claim - that she was punished for triggering an event - just bizarre.

Of all the excuses for not declaring cylon remaining, this may be, to me, the weakest, and therefore the most suspicious.
Even though I saw something for which I see she could be punished I agree that her using that punishment at this stage is the weakest of the reasons. Many of us have claimed and no one has sent out a warning to the others that punishment will come if you claim. Nor has Golden stepped in and given us all a warning quoting a rule and telling us that counts as breaking the rule. I believe one of those things would have happened if punishments go with claiming.

If OA is saying it's because of her specific role that she would be punished for claiming I don't know what exactly to think of that.
If someone gets in trouble for saying TOO MUCH, why do you keep demanding that she say MORE?! I mean, seriously people? Why are you actively *trying* to get me in trouble?! Shit in your inbox isn't allowed to be said or directly hinted at. I'm not going to point out to you what I said because I'll get I trouble again. I'm not going to clarify what it was that got me in trouble because I'll get in trouble again. Inbox she it off limits. THE END.

Linki: I don't think what Bea did constitutes punishment regardless of her role because she made a general statement wifom (If I was final five...) and Golden's rules are to not quote inbox or info dump inbox. To me what she said is neither. I'm not golden so that's not my decision, but I don't see how others are saying she role claimed or info dumped. (And I actually think she's a mafia and I'm saying this, so it's not a defense of her role ... It's a defense of her post.)
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 646
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I haven't felt Glorfindel has appeared bad at any point in this game at face value. I think he exhibits a very genuine personality. Perhaps that has blinded me against the evidence, but I really don't think he's bad.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Dex wrote:I am a Cylon.

Just in case my predecessor didn't declare.
G-Man, juliets, bea, Dex/DFaraday

Sorry if the list has already been updated, I just don't want to forget, and I may have to leave at a moments notice (tho I think I'll be fine for another hour or so) so just want to be sure I get everyone. Apologies.
Image Image Image Image
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 287

Post by sig »

I'll claim tomorrow I said, since it seems it will lift peoples concerns about me.

@Scotty/Matt I've explained throughout the thread not just when pressured what I thought, and yes at first I wanted to lynch all cylons, I don't see how that is scummy, if you ask me questions I'll answer or build a case, but neither of you want to do that you like zebra just keep repeating that I'm bad and should be lynched. This is just like every game where I get mislynched I hold an unpopular view and get lynched for it. In this case it was lynching all cylon's at the beginning.

linki: Agreed JJJ, I'd be very very shocked if he was mafia this game.
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Thanks, OA.

Linki,he reads to me like he did in the last game I played with him where he was civ. That is the total basis for my read on Glorfindel :shrug2:
Polo
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Polo »

Funny that two of my suspects are clearing the image of the one person that's pretty high on my list of shady people.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 646
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Polo wrote:Funny that two of my suspects are clearing the image of the one person that's pretty high on my list of shady people.
I think Glorfindel is one of the easiest players to suspect in this game right now if not the easiest -- he strikes me as a major scapegoating effort and not a truly suspicious player. I might follow this angle later and see who is trying to capitalize on him.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
ObscureAllure
The Mark

Post by ObscureAllure »

Long Con wrote:
Spacedaisy wrote:

I'm quoting this post for no other reason than that I like your face. :nicenod: :srsnod: :noble:
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 835

Post by Ricochet »

Glorfindel wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Glorfindel circumventing lynching a Cylon so much is starting to make my nose twitch. :ponder:
I'm just trying to catch up this morning and saw this... I'm sorry Rico but I don't understand what it is you're referring to here :shrug: Also...
Is anyone here experiencing difficulties accessing this site? It started off sporadically at the start of this game but is becoming more frequent messages saying "Server not found" when I try to log in. I'm not experiencing this with any other site... :shrug:
Day Two, Cylon nutella gets lynched, you drop a last vote on a long meaningless counterwagon.
Day Three, Cylon LoRab is outed, you resort to the counterwagon this time and mislynch a civilian.
Day Four, Cylon LoRab is lynched, you vote a mile away from the main action on Wilgy.
I'm sorry, Rico but you are wrong about this. I'll vote for who I believe should be removed for the good of the Town's cause. I've already said that I personally didn't see a case on Nutella (like the vast majority of players that voted that Day) and at the time, I believed that LC's continued presence was detrimental to our cause (I no longer believe that). Not only that, but all that lynch proved was that Nutella was Cylon, NOT that she was Mafia. I explained (twice now) why I voted for Magnus (Nerolunar) and wholeheartedly agree now that it was a mistake to think that his alignment would reveal the alignment of another player. The last Day phase, I chose to lynch someone I have consistently expressed concerns about over someone who'd already had an unassailable lead in the vote. Do you always vote for the lead wagon? And again, from everything I've read, I think that LoRab's statements were correct. I think there is a high likelihood that she was not Mafia and this whole 'kill all the Cylons' thing is a ruse being perpetrated on a Town team by a devious and manipulative Mafia team.
You don't say.

So you didn't vote LoRab because she was already a goner, but did you express any thoughts on her status as outed Cylon and her removal or not? Cause if yes and they were negative, why didn't you vote for her after all? And if no, that brings us back to you keeping yourself rather separate from any Cylon lynching business.

And also, you didn't vote for the top wagon, but did you not have anything to address about the other, slightly more fledged wagons?

I don't see how much of this defense exonerates you. At best, I simply don't have a strong idea in which camp to place you,
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

S~V~S wrote:@OA, a lot of people are looking poorly at bea based on things said inher posts vs.things said in YOUR posts.

Since you are the only one who really knows what you were punished for, do you agree or disagree with suspicion of bea based on that comparison?
Lol, I don't know if I count as a lot of people, but I do appreciate this question being asked.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

ObscureAllure wrote:
juliets wrote:
Dex wrote:
juliets wrote:I saw something in her posts that I believe would have got her punished but I don't think it is wise for me to repeat it. So, I think she's telling the truth.
You did better than I did. Like SD, I couldn't find anything even remotely punishable in her posts prior to her smiley phase. I couldn't find anything that looked like a trigger, either, and I consider her specific claim - that she was punished for triggering an event - just bizarre.

Of all the excuses for not declaring cylon remaining, this may be, to me, the weakest, and therefore the most suspicious.
Even though I saw something for which I see she could be punished I agree that her using that punishment at this stage is the weakest of the reasons. Many of us have claimed and no one has sent out a warning to the others that punishment will come if you claim. Nor has Golden stepped in and given us all a warning quoting a rule and telling us that counts as breaking the rule. I believe one of those things would have happened if punishments go with claiming.

If OA is saying it's because of her specific role that she would be punished for claiming I don't know what exactly to think of that.
If someone gets in trouble for saying TOO MUCH, why do you keep demanding that she say MORE?! I mean, seriously people? Why are you actively *trying* to get me in trouble?! Shit in your inbox isn't allowed to be said or directly hinted at. I'm not going to point out to you what I said because I'll get I trouble again. I'm not going to clarify what it was that got me in trouble because I'll get in trouble again. Inbox she it off limits. THE END.

Linki: I don't think what Bea did constitutes punishment regardless of her role because she made a general statement wifom (If I was final five...) and Golden's rules are to not quote inbox or info dump inbox. To me what she said is neither. I'm not golden so that's not my decision, but I don't see how others are saying she role claimed or info dumped. (And I actually think she's a mafia and I'm saying this, so it's not a defense of her role ... It's a defense of her post.)
Two things.

1. Neither I nor Juliets asked you to say more about what got you in trouble than you have already said in thread, si don't see the relevance in that statement. Neither of us were asking you to make the claim or to give us more details about why you got in trouble.

2. I appreciate this answer it helps me in my consideration of Bea.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 287

Post by sig »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Polo wrote:Funny that two of my suspects are clearing the image of the one person that's pretty high on my list of shady people.
I think Glorfindel is one of the easiest players to suspect in this game right now if not the easiest -- he strikes me as a major scapegoating effort and not a truly suspicious player. I might follow this angle later and see who is trying to capitalize on him.
See I don't know if I like this Polo, you seem to be pushing the low hanging fruits quite a bit, plus the way you keep feeling out other peoples opinions is pingy. Should I not give any reads or clear anyone since I'm being suspected or what? I think he's a civ so I said so. I'd say I'm quite good at reading him and I do have more experience with his meta then most people so I don't see why I wouldn't defend him if I thought he was a civvie.
ImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Fwiw OA, I don't think you are bad, but that doesn't mean I think you are good either. If I was forced to call you one or the other as in GTH I put you good, but let me be clear I have some serious misgivings about you and some suspicions about you. But i don't think you are cylon.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

People should simply address what has been pointed at in regards to him being a Cylon and decide if it sounds genuine / plausible / etc. or not. You can stick with the Cain vibes just as much, if you like, but address actual suggestive statements made in the game first. My only gripe, as I've said before, is for it not to turn out to be yet another messy "Boomslang gambit".
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Ricochet wrote:People should simply address what has been pointed at in regards to him being a Cylon and decide if it sounds genuine / plausible / etc. or not. You can stick with the Cain vibes just as much, if you like, but address actual suggestive statements made in the game first. My only gripe, as I've said before, is for it not to turn out to be yet another messy "Boomslang gambit".
This is about LC, by the way, I forgot to modify the post upon linki.
DrumBeats
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 186

Post by DrumBeats »

Just got back, I'm going to do a lot of catching up here and I'll post some reads/thoughts.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Ricochet wrote:People should simply address what has been pointed at in regards to him being a Cylon and decide if it sounds genuine / plausible / etc. or not. You can stick with the Cain vibes just as much, if you like, but address actual suggestive statements made in the game first. My only gripe, as I've said before, is for it not to turn out to be yet another messy "Boomslang gambit".
I play based on my gut and how I feel about others. Especially people like LC who is a very careful baddie. If you are unhappy with the way I present my suspicion, don't vote based on it. But please don;t tell me how I should address things, ok? I have no clue what a Boomslang Gambit is, all I know is how I play the game.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 142
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

I'm sorry but I don't understand what the Boomslang gambit is. Could you give a short explanation?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Polo wrote:Those who have yet to claim Cylon:

a2thezebra
Epignosis
Glorfindel
ObscureAllure
Ricochet
sig
SokothQultuq
Vompatti
I think the problem we have here is the continued assumption that Cylon Mafia are in this list. If there are Cylon Mafia they'd have claimed ages ago so as to not draw attention to themselves. It makes no logical sense to me that they would draw attention to themselves by remaining on that list.

Also, Sig - I very respectfully ask you to reconsider very carefully your claiming next Day phase. I don't REALLY believe that you are the 'Sun-god' :p ) but I AM convinced that you are Town and I think your claiming is not in the best interests of our Team. Sometimes, it's more important to do 'the right thing' for the good of the team.

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

S~V~S wrote:
I play based on my gut and how I feel about others. Especially people like LC who is a very careful baddie. If you are unhappy with the way I present my suspicion, don't vote based on it. But please don;t tell me how I should address things, ok? I have no clue what a Boomslang Gambit is, all I know is how I play the game.
I didn't really mean it as any criticism, but is it hard to look into address an angle that's more hint-based than gut-based?
Polo
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Polo »

Glorfindel wrote:
Polo wrote:Those who have yet to claim Cylon:

a2thezebra
Epignosis
Glorfindel
ObscureAllure
Ricochet
sig
SokothQultuq
Vompatti
I think the problem we have here is the continued assumption that Cylon Mafia are in this list. If there are Cylon Mafia they'd have claimed ages ago so as to not draw attention to themselves. It makes no logical sense to me that they would draw attention to themselves by remaining on that list.

Also, Sig - I very respectfully ask you to reconsider very carefully your claiming next Day phase. I don't REALLY believe that you are the 'Sun-god' :p ) but I AM convinced that you are Town and I think your claiming is not in the best interests of our Team. Sometimes, it's more important to do 'the right thing' for the good of the team.
Then why haven't you claimed yet?
ObscureAllure
The Mark

Post by ObscureAllure »

SD and Juliets - it's that people are saying "I don't see it, she didn't say anything what did she say?" Just because you didn't notice it doesn't mean it's not there.

Question for the thread. So I have this guard dog who was up barking all last night. Suddenly in the middle the night it stops. What do you guys think? Do you think the threat went away? Do you think the threat was actually a friendly neighbor? Do you think there was never any threat to begin with and I just need a new guard dog? Do you think someone tranquilized my dog to make it shut up? Do you think the dog was abducted by aliens? These are the things that keep Me Up at night.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

juliets wrote:
I'm sorry but I don't understand what the Boomslang gambit is. Could you give a short explanation?
Boomslang barked for two or more phases at Long Con being 100% bad, harder than a trainer dog pointing at cocaine under truck wheels, and most of us considered it to have been a cop check. Not only was that inaccurate and LC flipped civ, but Boomslang was in fact a mere curser or some smaller role (don't recall) and he had done all based on gut. The mislynch repercussion was kinda dreadful for the civ game.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Ricochet wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
I didn't really mean it as any criticism, but is it hard to look into address an angle that's more hint-based than gut-based?
I am pretty happy with my gut success rate. I am a tone reader moreso than gut, really, and tone is not something you can convey in a multiquote. Many,not all, but many, of my suspicions tend to be based on how a persons posts make me feel. As I said, if you don't agree with it, don't vote based on it. Some people don't leave a trail of breadcrumbs.

Linki @ Rico, oh that. Yeah I said I have no info,and I don't and if I did I would be alot more trying to build a thread based case. Poor Boom was 100% sure LC was bad (and so did a lot of people based on Macs shenanigans) so he faked that.

Linki @ OA, I think I would check on the dog.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 142
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

ObscureAllure wrote:SD and Juliets - it's that people are saying "I don't see it, she didn't say anything what did she say?" Just because you didn't notice it doesn't mean it's not there.

Question for the thread. So I have this guard dog who was up barking all last night. Suddenly in the middle the night it stops. What do you guys think? Do you think the threat went away? Do you think the threat was actually a friendly neighbor? Do you think there was never any threat to begin with and I just need a new guard dog? Do you think someone tranquilized my dog to make it shut up? Do you think the dog was abducted by aliens? These are the things that keep Me Up at night.
OA I think there is some confusion here. I said I DID see where you said something that probably should have been punished and my thought is you were punished for what I saw. I never meant to imply I didn't see anything so what and where is it. I can't even hint at what I saw because I don't want to inadvertently break any rules and I think you should not say anything else about it for the same reason.

linki
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Spacedaisy wrote:Psst, Matt, I kept this from my days of being a card carrying member of the super duper cool kids club. :nicenod:
I'm going to have to classify you as good now, and hope you wouldn't bring up fond memories to keep me from stalking you later.

:beer:
Image Image Image Image
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

S~V~S wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
I am pretty happy with my gut success rate. I am a tone reader moreso than gut, really, and tone is not something you can convey in a multiquote. Many,not all, but many, of my suspicions tend to be based on how a persons posts make me feel. As I said, if you don't agree with it, don't vote based on it. Some people don't leave a trail of breadcrumbs.

Linki @ Rico, oh that. Yeah I said I have no info,and I don't and if I did I would be alot more trying to build a thread based case. Poor Boom was 100% sure LC was bad (and so did a lot of people based on Macs shenanigans) so he faked that.

Linki @ OA, I think I would check on the dog.
You're talking more general, I'm asking more specific (as in posts made in this very game), but I guess we'll leave at that. My reference also wasn't about you having info or such, nor was I demanding such specifics for a gut-lead hunt such as yours.
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 93

Post by Vompatti »

Would you believe me if I told you I'm an evil cylon?
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Vompatti wrote:Would you believe me if I told you I'm an evil cylon?
Yes.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

OK, I just wanted to be sure than no one thought I was implying I have info. I don't. I would make a shitty case if I had info. I am just talking about how LC makes me feel (bad) and why. It started when he mentioned a point about looking out for someone lynched with the second most votes (the implication that the role with the most votes was a specific civ role).

The I really think he was trying to get lynched. Then his whole focus and tone drastically changed after Cain appeared, and after Cain had amazingly changed everyones wincons to reflect what LC had been saying since day one, all Cylons must die. He felt like he was not taking the game seriously, upsetting Indis careful schedule for no reason other than that he could. He was killing time. This is the feel I get from the totality of his game.

The last time I was so sure was that Bullz was bad in LOST again.

If either Cain or the President eliminate that, I am OK. If that dictatorship remains in place, I am not fine with it.

Linki,No.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Ebwop, I felt that he was not taking the game seriously, not HE felt doh.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 636

Post by Epignosis »

Matt wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
You missed an amazing Batman themed game here a few months ago. Absolutely stellar.
:feb:
I accidentally his submit before I could finish my entire message, which was:

You missed an amazing Batman themed game here a few months ago. Absolutely stellar. It finished.

:sigh:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Ricochet wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:
You don't say.

So you didn't vote LoRab because she was already a goner, but did you express any thoughts on her status as outed Cylon and her removal or not? Cause if yes and they were negative, why didn't you vote for her after all? And if no, that brings us back to you keeping yourself rather separate from any Cylon lynching business.

And also, you didn't vote for the top wagon, but did you not have anything to address about the other, slightly more fledged wagons?

I don't see how much of this defense exonerates you. At best, I simply don't have a strong idea in which camp to place you,
Yes, indeed I do!

And you are correct - I don't recall having made any comments about LoRab prior to yesterday's lynch. I have only limited time to devote to Mafia games but generally, I enjoy the challenge and meeting new people online. I don't have the time to create and maintain spreadsheets or even mentally keep track of what every player in a game is doing. It may indeed have been remiss of me to have not gotten more involved in the LoRab case earlier but I thought it better to spread my net a little more widely. If you look back at my post I DID address the other prevailing wagons and my thoughts on them at the time of my vote. I stand by those judgements now.

I don't recall having played with you before other than maybe Pikmin Mafia but I do appreciate you taking the time to engage with me and discuss these matters irrespective of your personal deliberations of the camp in which you place me.

Polo
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Polo »

I'll repeat myself: I'd rather go after Cavil and his pack before doing anything with regards to Cain.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Polo wrote:I'll repeat myself: I'd rather go after Cavil and his pack before doing anything with regards to Cain.
Do you know who he is?

Let's do it. Give me a name.
Polo
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Polo »

I don't. Do you think Cain is a bigger threat to town than Cavil?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Polo wrote:I don't. Do you think Cain is a bigger threat to town than Cavil?
I think Cain is a threat, yes, Martial law is not a good thing. Trashing peoples win cons is not a good thing. And I *think* I know who he is. Which is the salient point.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 636

Post by Epignosis »

Long Con wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Dex wrote:

I swear to God, S~V~S - give me a little time, and I can prove it to you. I can't do it if you guys just lynch me tomorrow for theories and suppositions about the role you think I am can do.
I thought you said you were an atheist. :ponder:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/

Return to “Previous Jobs”