Moderator: Community Team

thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 575

Re: Death Note Mafia [DAY 9]

Post by thellama73 »

Turnip Head wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:Maybe FZ still doesn't want to waste a lynch on a detective because in her heart of hearts she's genuinely interested in lynching baddies. Ever consider that, Llama?
As I said already, we will waste far more time if we keep having this conversation every day than if the lynch fails as she predicts and we move on.
The only reason we keep having to have this conversation everyday is because you and Epi won't let it go regardless of what else is happening in the game. You and Epi are the ones forcing that. You're the ones who can't move on.
I will move on when, and only when, we see how an FZ lynch turns out.

linki: You assume incorrectly.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 1001
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

thellama73 wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:Maybe FZ still doesn't want to waste a lynch on a detective because in her heart of hearts she's genuinely interested in lynching baddies. Ever consider that, Llama?
As I said already, we will waste far more time if we keep having this conversation every day than if the lynch fails as she predicts and we move on.
The only reason we keep having to have this conversation everyday is because you and Epi won't let it go regardless of what else is happening in the game. You and Epi are the ones forcing that. You're the ones who can't move on.
Thank you for 100% proving my point.
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 522

Post by FZ. »

Turnip Head wrote:
FZ. wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:He wants Mikami to kill himself and stop the lynch. Or he wants us to think he wants Mikami to kill himself and stop the lynch.
How would that serve his cause?
Other than it allowing for two nights in a row, it doesn't serve his cause. I think it's a bluff, or an act. I seriously doubt Mikami will kill himself today. I'd love for him to prove me wrong though ;)

linki: No FZ, your vote for me would still help. Trust me. Don't vote for yourself please.
Okay, I'm going to hold on to my vote for a while and see if others are willing to go there.

And llama, I'm listening to TH, because a. unlike you, he's not trying to take down a detective and using the "if she's a detective, she won't die" excuse to waste another lynch, and b. unlike you, he seems like he's actually trying to help the detective cause

linki: Epi, I've said myself that your case is the best I've seen in this game, and was worried about people defending me and going after you. It's one thing to think I may not be bad, but to accuse you of being shifty for your case worries me. My frustration from being the only one focused on has nothing to do with it, or maybe it does, because I think it hinders all other conversation and when you figure out you're wrong, you'll be left with nothing. What do you think about the people going after you for that?

llama: I think that we have so many more useful angles to pursue and you're damn right I think lynching me is a waste of time, but I don't fear it. It would help if you'd actually do some reading that is not related to me.The only reason we keep talking about me is when you and Epi keep pushing it. Funnily enough, no one else really wants to talk much about it.

linki: What TH said.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 822

Post by DharmaHelper »

thellama73 wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
thellama73 wrote:

linki: You assume incorrectly.
So then I must be confused. Unless you think that an equally unlynchable baddie would be fighting this hard not to be lynched.

In which case, I have to ask what drugs you are on because that must be some quality shit.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

DH and TH, do you think llama and Epi are misguided or bad?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

If people want me to vote for someone other than FZ, MAKE A FRIGGIN CASE. Quit just saying "don't vote for her." YOu have to give a more plausible alternative. Why does no one understand that except Epi? SHow me who the bad guys are and I will listen, but just being denialists is not going to chance anyone's mind.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

FZ. wrote:DH and TH, do you think llama and Epi are misguided or bad?
Misguided and stubborn.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

FZ. wrote:DH and TH, do you think llama and Epi are misguided or bad?
I have no interest either way.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

thellama73 wrote:If people want me to vote for someone other than FZ, MAKE A FRIGGIN CASE. Quit just saying "don't vote for her." YOu have to give a more plausible alternative. Why does no one understand that except Epi? SHow me who the bad guys are and I will listen, but just being denialists is not going to chance anyone's mind.
I have explained suspicions on Black Rock and Bass. So, there's that.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

thellama73 wrote:If people want me to vote for someone other than FZ, MAKE A FRIGGIN CASE. Quit just saying "don't vote for her." YOu have to give a more plausible alternative. Why does no one understand that except Epi? SHow me who the bad guys are and I will listen, but just being denialists is not going to chance anyone's mind.
I've literally done this for days. You wanted to lynch FZ a few days ago, I worked on getting MM lynched instead. Yesterday you wanted to vote for FZ, I made a case on Mata instead and got her lynched. None of that mattered because you still want to lynch FZ today. I gave in for a second and impulsively voted for her, but even since then, I and others have made a case on Bass being Mikami.

So don't act like we haven't been doing this.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Seriously Llama take it back. I am offended that you say I haven't been making cases on others.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 675

Post by Epignosis »

FZ. wrote:linki: Epi, I've said myself that your case is the best I've seen in this game, and was worried about people defending me and going after you. It's one thing to think I may not be bad, but to accuse you of being shifty for your case worries me. My frustration from being the only one focused on has nothing to do with it, or maybe it does, because I think it hinders all other conversation and when you figure out you're wrong, you'll be left with nothing. What do you think about the people going after you for that?
If I'm wrong, then I get more information to try again next time, assuming I live. That's how this game works. And the only information I get is the public kind, so :shrug2:

If I'm wrong, people telling me I'm wrong, I'm going to be sorry, I'm going to look stupid, I'm going to regret it, I'm going to have egg on my face, I'm misguided, how will I feel when, I'm ignorant, I'm stubborn- none of that is going to do diddly to change my mind.

If you want to show me I'm wrong, a logical counterpoint is where it's at. I don't respond to insults, tuants, and what ifs.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

DharmaHelper wrote:
I have explained suspicions on Black Rock and Bass. So, there's that.
I went back and reread these. I don't really get your Bass suspicion but you make some good points about Black Rock. I will be looking into her posts in depth tomorrow.
Turnip Head wrote:
I've literally done this for days. You wanted to lynch FZ a few days ago, I worked on getting MM lynched instead. Yesterday you wanted to vote for FZ, I made a case on Mata instead and got her lynched. None of that mattered because you still want to lynch FZ today. I gave in for a second and impulsively voted for her, but even since then, I and others have made a case on Bass being Mikami.

So don't act like we haven't been doing this.
You got two people who can't be lynched lynched. Awesome.

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

And the award for Head Up The Ass comment of the year goes to...

ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Wow Llama. Just wow.
boo
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 267
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by boo »

You guys are losing me. But I don't agree we should blindly follow TH and vote for him because he says we should, because that just seems like a ploy to hold onto the kill.

So, I'm voting FZ.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Do what you gotta do boo
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Epignosis wrote:
FZ. wrote:linki: Epi, I've said myself that your case is the best I've seen in this game, and was worried about people defending me and going after you. It's one thing to think I may not be bad, but to accuse you of being shifty for your case worries me. My frustration from being the only one focused on has nothing to do with it, or maybe it does, because I think it hinders all other conversation and when you figure out you're wrong, you'll be left with nothing. What do you think about the people going after you for that?
If I'm wrong, then I get more information to try again next time, assuming I live. That's how this game works. And the only information I get is the public kind, so :shrug2:

If I'm wrong, people telling me I'm wrong, I'm going to be sorry, I'm going to look stupid, I'm going to regret it, I'm going to have egg on my face, I'm misguided, how will I feel when, I'm ignorant, I'm stubborn- none of that is going to do diddly to change my mind.

If you want to show me I'm wrong, a logical counterpoint is where it's at. I don't respond to insults, tuants, and what ifs.
Look, I'm sorry if I insulted you, but just remember how you felt that day in the beginning of the game when people were contemplating voting for you. You got defensive. I've had to deal with this from day 1, and it's affecting me. It shouldn't go to personal remarks, but I feel like I've done everything I can to show you I'm not bad, yet you're twisting it to fit your theory. I guess I get it, I've been in your shoes and I've done it too. There's really nothing I can say that will make you change your mind and you know it. I've also tried to find other baddies. I've been the first to call Elo bad, I've voted for Mata and said I thought she was bad, yet you're not seeing it. I really don't know what else I can do. If I thought me surviving that lynch would actually convince you I'm good, I might have wasted this lynch and went with you on it, but I don't. You have decided I'm bad, and when I survive this lynch, you'll convince yourself that I everything I did was from a baddie's side.

And no, I think that we're at a disadvantage here because the only weapon civvies have is lynches, and we barely have people we can lynch. So how is wasting another lynch going to help? If you were a civvie in my position, would you tell people to lynch you, or would you fight it?

linki: Boo, you're starting to smell of fish
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

DharmaHelper wrote:
More insults. It's this kind of class that makes your arguments so convincing.

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

thellama73 wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
More insults. It's this kind of class that makes your arguments so convincing.
Let me rephrase:

What have you been trying to do for the last several days?

Oh yeah now I remember, get a person who can't be lynched lynched.

Awesome.

ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

I just want to remind you all, that we haven't had a NK yet and I don't know when it's going to come, but if a certain role is killed, it could have a big effect on the lynch as well.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 488
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Day 9: Boomslang's Demise

The players were fervently discussing FZ.'s prospective lynch... again. Suddenly, Boomslang collapsed to the ground, dying of a heart attack.

Boomslang has been killed by Kira.

It is still Day 9.

You still less than 2 hours to find and lynch Kira.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

RIP homie.

ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Day 9: Boomslang's Demise

The players were fervently discussing FZ.'s prospective lynch... again. Suddenly, Boomslang collapsed to the ground, dying of a heart attack.

Boomslang has been killed by Kira.

It is still Day 9.

You still less than 2 hours to find and lynch Kira.
Never mind. RIP Boomslang :(
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 675

Post by Epignosis »

FZ. wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

Look, I'm sorry if I insulted you, but just remember how you felt that day in the beginning of the game when people were contemplating voting for you. You got defensive. I've had to deal with this from day 1, and it's affecting me. It shouldn't go to personal remarks, but I feel like I've done everything I can to show you I'm not bad, yet you're twisting it to fit your theory. I guess I get it, I've been in your shoes and I've done it too. There's really nothing I can say that will make you change your mind and you know it. I've also tried to find other baddies. I've been the first to call Elo bad, I've voted for Mata and said I thought she was bad, yet you're not seeing it. I really don't know what else I can do. If I thought me surviving that lynch would actually convince you I'm good, I might have wasted this lynch and went with you on it, but I don't. You have decided I'm bad, and when I survive this lynch, you'll convince yourself that I everything I did was from a baddie's side.

And no, I think that we're at a disadvantage here because the only weapon civvies have is lynches, and we barely have people we can lynch. So how is wasting another lynch going to help? If you were a civvie in my position, would you tell people to lynch you, or would you fight it?

linki: Boo, you're starting to smell of fish
I'm not saying you (or anyone else) can't say what you want to me. I don't get offended easily at all, and I don't take it personally. What I'm saying is that the methods by which people have tried to dissuade me from voting you won't achieve that objective. Outing oneself doesn't work either, because people lie.

Regarding "lynches being the only weapon the civilians have," that's nonsense. Look at all those blue powers and secrets. This is not a typical game, and damn near 57 roles can't be lynched anyway. Light won't be lynched because he will relinquish his Trapper Keeper of Doom, but that's a necessary course of action- not a wasted lynch.

Oh, and how I felt early on? You mean that time I pretended to be all sad and discouraged and defeated so I wouldn't get lynched? :pout:

:dark:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 542

Post by Ricochet »

There's your NK, FZ.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Rest in peace Boom :(
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

I didn't have time to work on this theory properly, with quotes and everything, because of how busy I've been with my test these days (even the test today: 8am start and 2pm finish :faint: had a crash sleep session after that, the whole afternoon), but something tells me FZ. and TH are "connected". That could obviously be good or bad, depending on which alignment one finds them most likely to be. I could be wrong, of course, but something in their earlier conversations and how they related to each other makes me believe this. FZ. has been adamant early that TH should not be ignored and that she finds him helpful (a few others agreed to this, of course, but she inspired this mostly, if I recall correctly). TH never really voted for FZ. until today, did gun for her moderately, was critical of her "insinuative" post, but afterwards started suddenly seeing her "civ game" and, a few flip-flops aside ("oh, but some of her actions or sayings lately still make her look bad") gave the verdict that she is detective.

It could still be an act, of course, but - if my idea is true, since they're both heavily claiming "good" genuineness, I think it's up to everyone to decide if this could actually exonerate FZ. or the opposite.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 126

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

Im going to go ahead and vote FZ. I agree that its odd that she is defending so hard if she is going to survive. My top suspect is mata but we can't lynch her today.

RIP Boom
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:Im going to go ahead and vote FZ. I agree that its odd that she is defending so hard if she is going to survive. My top suspect is mata but we can't lynch her today.

RIP Boom
Bless your heart Mikami you tryin'

ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:Im going to go ahead and vote FZ. I agree that its odd that she is defending so hard if she is going to survive. My top suspect is mata but we can't lynch her today.

RIP Boom
Holy hell, your top suspect is a proven unlynchable yet again.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

lol Bass.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

RIP Boom

To recap:

1) I suspect Bass because he is not putting forth an honest effort. He is parroting people's suspicions, going for easy votes, and his own list of suspects indicate a disinterest in actually helping the detectives

2) I confront Bass about this, the sum total of his response being "Yeah I guess so."

3) He does the same exact god damn thing.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Ricochet wrote:

RIP Boom
How does this affect your opinion of Bass, Rico?
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

RIP Boom
That is a pathetic excuse of a bandwagon.
Epi and llama. Really? You think what I'm doing and saying is more suspicious than this? And to think I actually thought for a moment that his RL issues are making me think he's bad.
This is disgraceful. I think your baddie hunting skills are awful

Votes Bass
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

DharmaHelper wrote:

RIP Boom

To recap:

1) I suspect Bass because he is not putting forth an honest effort. He is parroting people's suspicions, going for easy votes, and his own list of suspects indicate a disinterest in actually helping the detectives

2) I confront Bass about this, the sum total of his response being "Yeah I guess so."

Ok so you are voting me because when I finally had time to catch up everything has been said about the people I find suspicious?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:

RIP Boom

To recap:

Ok so you are voting me because when I finally had time to catch up everything has been said about the people I find suspicious?
No, I'm voting for you because I'm pretty sure you're bad dude.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

You had time to catch up Bass, okay, but you didn't respond to any of the suspicion against you. How is that supposed to make people feel about you?
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

FZ. wrote: This is disgraceful. I think your baddie hunting skills are awful
Tell that to Snowman. :mafia:

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Turnip Head wrote:
Ricochet wrote:

RIP Boom
How does this affect your opinion of Bass, Rico?
It does nothing but to worsen it.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Turnip Head wrote:You had time to catch up Bass, okay, but you didn't respond to any of the suspicion against you. How is that supposed to make people feel about you?
it was all the same suspicious . It was because people felt I was laying low and not paying attention. The latter was true because of RL I wasn't trying to lay low. If there is something I miss I would be glad to address it.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

The other reason was that people think all of your suspects have been incredibly convenient ones for a baddie to have.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Does anyone else think it's weird that FZ's comment about the night kill came less than four minutes before the night kill? Coincidence?

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

thellama73 wrote:Does anyone else think it's weird that FZ's comment about the night kill came less than four minutes before the night kill? Coincidence?
Sounds to me like ..... speculation.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

thellama73 wrote:Does anyone else think it's weird that FZ's comment about the night kill came less than four minutes before the night kill? Coincidence?
I must admit I found it quite spooky :ninja:
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Turnip Head wrote:The other reason was that people think all of your suspects have been incredibly convenient ones for a baddie to have.
Ok they were also convenient for a distracted civ.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Speculation requires a statement. I just asked a question. However, there is exactly one person in this game who knew at what time Boomslang would be killed.

FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

thellama73 wrote:
FZ. wrote: This is disgraceful. I think your baddie hunting skills are awful
Tell that to Snowman. :mafia:
Ha, let me remind you that I wanted to vote Snowman on the first day but you all called me out on it. I admit that later on I was fooled by him, but at least he tried harder to appear good when he did post.

LInki: Yes llama, and I was a real idiot and said something like what I did seconds before. Brilliant
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

thellama73 wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
Speculation requires a statement. I just asked a question. However, there is exactly one person in this game who knew at what time Boomslang would be killed.
Uh... there could be up to 4 people who knew exactly when Boomslang would be killed. :ponder: Are you saying you know that the current Kira is working alone? Why did you not share this information sooner? Is this a slip-up?

I don't understand what you think FZ would have to gain by saying anything about it if she knew it would happen.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:You had time to catch up Bass, okay, but you didn't respond to any of the suspicion against you. How is that supposed to make people feel about you?
it was all the same suspicious . It was because people felt I was laying low and not paying attention. The latter was true because of RL I wasn't trying to lay low. If there is something I miss I would be glad to address it.
If you've not caught up, thats fine, I get it. Sure.

But your suspicions have been completely disingenuous. You're going with the flow, suspecting people who cannot be lynched, voting based on other peoples thoughts. It does not ring true to me at all.

I could, given the right amount of convincing, see this as a detective struggling to keep up and actually agreeing with the suspicions surrounding the players he's bringing to the table, but the thing that makes me certain your suspicions are made up and you have no real interest in doing anything other than appearing like a detective is the following:

At one point, you agreed with TH's suspicion of MM. Fine, good.

And then you identified your top three suspects as:

TH
MM
llama

*In that order*. Which tells me you are a liar. If you actually agreed with TH that MM was suspect, it would make more sense for MM to be at the top of your list, followed by TH. That you (consciously or otherwsie) ordered your list the way you did makes me certain that you were just throwing names up. No detective would do that, no matter how far behind they were.

ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”