Death Note Mafia [END]

Moderator: Community Team

thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 575

Re: Death Note Mafia [DAY 9]

Post by thellama73 »

Turnip Head wrote: I don't understand what you think FZ would have to gain by saying anything about it if she knew it would happen.
I don't know. I just think it's weird.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 822

Post by DharmaHelper »

thellama73 wrote:
Turnip Head wrote: I don't understand what you think FZ would have to gain by saying anything about it if she knew it would happen.
I have made several statements regarding the NK's and Kira's activities, some have been shown to be accurate. :feb:
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 522

Post by FZ. »

thellama73 wrote:
I PMd MP with a question. Maybe it reminded him that he had to post the NK story. :shrug:
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 224
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

I find Bass's reason to be genuine, though he didnt' answer the second half of the question, but he still may be bad. The problem is his rl reason raises big doubts. It looks like I am going to have to vote FZ. unless someone else comes on the radar screen because she's the only one who has cases against her that are plausible. I still have my doubts but as others have said, we keep getting tied up around her and nothing will happen anyway if she's telling the truth. I'll wait a few more minutes in case anyone has another idea about who might be bad. I'd follow up the lead on Rico but TH says the timing is wrong so sounds like there is no need to search him yet.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

I have to say, I find it weird that non of the more vocal players are getting NK.

linki: Really, Julliets? In what way does Bass seem genuine to you? He had 3 top suspects and now he's voting me because I am fighting too hard? :rolleyes:
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Bass's third "suspect", llama, has vanished from his radar, replaced by yet another unlynchable (and in this case pretty much confirmed) baddie. Is there a reason for that? Does that make sense?

ImageImage
ImageImage
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 126

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

DharmaHelper wrote:Bass's third "suspect", llama, has vanished from his radar, replaced by yet another unlynchable (and in this case pretty much confirmed) baddie. Is there a reason for that? Does that make sense?
sorry but like said before I wasnt really paying attention when I made that list.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:Bass's third "suspect", llama, has vanished from his radar, replaced by yet another unlynchable (and in this case pretty much confirmed) baddie. Is there a reason for that? Does that make sense?
sorry but like said before I wasnt really paying attention when I made that list.
Jesus Tap Dancing Christ.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Bass just admitted all of his suspicions up until this point have been made up why the fuck is he not being lynched?

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 675

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:
On Water.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

DharmaHelper wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:
I really dont know what you want from me. I am fucking trying and the reasons I gave made sense at the time now I can see the error after getting to really read what has been going on.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:
You're here. You're posting. Address this:

At one point, you agreed with TH's suspicion of MM. Fine, good.

And then you identified your top three suspects as:

TH
MM
llama

*In that order*. Which tells me you are a liar. If you actually agreed with TH that MM was suspect, it would make more sense for MM to be at the top of your list, followed by TH. That you (consciously or otherwsie) ordered your list the way you did makes me certain that you were just throwing names up. No detective would do that, no matter how far behind they were.

ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Bass, FZ. makes a good point. Why are you voting for her?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

DharmaHelper wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:

TH
MM
llama

*In that order*. Which tells me you are a liar. If you actually agreed with TH that MM was suspect, it would make more sense for MM to be at the top of your list, followed by TH. That you (consciously or otherwsie) ordered your list the way you did makes me certain that you were just throwing names up. No detective would do that, no matter how far behind they were.

I wanted to put MM and TH together at one and two. TH did make good points about MM . But the more I thought about it the more I was having trouble trusting either at the time.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

But I'm done with this bull shit sorry I had something that needed my attention more then mafia.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

juliets wrote:Bass, FZ. makes a good point. Why are you voting for her?
Because if you say " I'm not going to be lynched" why fight so hard not to be lynched? It seems odd to me.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:But I'm done with this bull shit sorry I had something that needed my attention more then mafia.
Bass, I get RL had a serious effect on you. If you tell me that everything you've done is because of RL, I'll be telling people to vote me instead of you. But it's not only what you said earlier, it's how you're acting now. You seem to be catching up, and your reason for voting me seems crappy at best.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

FZ. wrote:I have to say, I find it weird that non of the more vocal players are getting NK.

linki: Really, Julliets? In what way does Bass seem genuine to you? He had 3 top suspects and now he's voting me because I am fighting too hard? :rolleyes:
FZ. I think his answer sounded genuine about why he seems to be laying low. He had a death in the family, I sympathize with that. I can see how having someone dying in the hospital could take away from your mafia playing time. That's what I meant by he feels genuine.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:
juliets wrote:Bass, FZ. makes a good point. Why are you voting for her?
Because if you say " I'm not going to be lynched" why fight so hard not to be lynched? It seems odd to me.
And you haven't read all the other things I've said? Did you not take any of that into consideration?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

juliets wrote:
FZ. wrote:I have to say, I find it weird that non of the more vocal players are getting NK.

FZ. I think his answer sounded genuine about why he seems to be laying low. He had a death in the family, I sympathize with that. I can see how having someone dying in the hospital could take away from your mafia playing time. That's what I meant by he feels genuine.
I get that. Hell, I even told TH earlier that his RL issues make me feel like maybe voting for him would be lynching the wrong person, but while I get not being able to catch up, or not giving all you got, I can't accept half excuses for a vote, and he's been doing it again and again
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

FZ. wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:But I'm done with this bull shit sorry I had something that needed my attention more then mafia.
Bass, I get RL had a serious effect on you. If you tell me that everything you've done is because of RL, I'll be telling people to vote me instead of you. But it's not only what you said earlier, it's how you're acting now. You seem to be catching up, and your reason for voting me seems crappy at best.
So let me ask you this. Why are you fighting so hard not to be lynched is you are going to survive?
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

FZ. wrote:
juliets wrote:

I get that. Hell, I even told TH earlier that his RL issues make me feel like maybe voting for him would be lynching the wrong person, but while I get not being able to catch up, or not giving all you got, I can't accept half excuses for a vote, and he's been doing it again and again
So you dont like half excuses. I feel like the reason I voted you is the best reason I have to vote anyone because I am still trying to re-read everyone.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

But I need to get off here.
boo
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 267
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by boo »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:

TH
MM
llama

I wanted to put MM and TH together at one and two. TH did make good points about MM . But the more I thought about it the more I was having trouble trusting either at the time.
Isn't this also an idea you suggested DH, that TH and MM were being absurd in thread because they're both baddie shingami who aren't worried and are doing some weird kind of distancing?

Bass doesn't seem to be putting it the same way, but it sounds like the same argument to me. And if there's one person who wouldn't know you already brought it up, Bass would be a strong contender (if he's being honest about how little he's kept caught up, but who knows?).

ugh, linki :disappoint:, you people interrupt me to much.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

boo wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:

TH
MM
llama

Isn't this also an idea you suggested DH, that TH and MM were being absurd in thread because they're both baddie shingami who aren't worried and are doing some weird kind of distancing?

Bass doesn't seem to be putting it the same way, but it sounds like the same argument to me. And if there's one person who wouldn't know you already brought it up, Bass would be a strong contender (if he's being honest about how little he's kept caught up, but who knows?).

ugh, linki :disappoint:, you people interrupt me to much.
I understand suspecting both of them, thats not my point. My point was if his suspicion was genuine, I think MM would have been first on his list (Based on his agreeing with TH and voting MM previously). It's a psychological thing, if he's going to make a list of suspects, it would be from most suspicious to least suspicious, I'd think.

I also understand the RL problems he's had, but he's stuck in here. I would not be playing my best game if I gave him a pass for suspicious behavior due to outside forces. I have to operate under the assumption that his suspicious behavior is independent of anything outside this game.

ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:
FZ. wrote:
So let me ask you this. Why are you fighting so hard not to be lynched is you are going to survive?
I thought it before I said it would be a waste because I didn't want it out there that I can't be lynched, and when I got fed up I fought it because the whole point of revealing it was to prevent a waste of lynch. If anything, that would be more reason to fight it.

Meh, I don't feel too comfortable with my vote for Bass, or with lynching him. I'm okay with you voting me to prove I was telling the truth, and we look at Bass. Shitty outcome, but whatever
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 1001
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

I really hope you're not using this excuse if you're a baddie, Bass. I really hope not. Because personally you are making me feel terrible for suspecting you.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

If I'd had a death in my family I would just stop playing to be honest. It's not worth the tension. In the game Epi looked at in K-site I left the game after my friend just died. I couldn't handle the game. While I agree that we can't let outside stuff affect how we judge people, it's only natural, and maybe it has affected his game. I think for the sake of the detectives as much as for Bass, we should give Bass the BOTD for another day and just lynch me

linki: I hope so too.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

People lie about real life stuff too. For that reason I do not let it factor into whether or not I vote for the person. I've witnessed too many people taken in by it.

What role you got in this game has nothing to do with what is happening to you in real life.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I'm sorry, I just can't separate the rl person and what he is going through from the person playing the game. I don't think it has anything to do with how good of a player I am. I just cannot vote Bass today but to reiterate what TH said if you're a baddie Bass and you've used this as an excuse I will never forget it and I will think less of you for it. I will vote for FZ. but I do it with a heavy heart. I will consider Bass after i see more of what he comes up with for candidates and why.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Epignosis wrote:People lie about real life stuff too. For that reason I do not let it factor into whether or not I vote for the person. I've witnessed too many people taken in by it.

What role you got in this game has nothing to do with what is happening to you in real life.
I disagree. I would never use something like that as an excuse, but I'm pretty sure it would affect my game (hence why I dropped out in that game). I don't know why he didn't drop out, but I can totally see it affecting him as well.

linki: It's okay Julliets
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

For after this lynch, what are people's opinion of Boo?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 542

Post by Ricochet »

Have to go to sleep, sticking with FZ. I think we have to assess her lynch fail just like the others, mostly through L's further signals on it. Bass is more of a secondary suspect for me (as in not entirely strong), partly because of his RL issue and because he's not quite my idea of a lying-in-wait crucial baddie - although I don't tend to believe even a very distracted detective would find that the person who survived a lynch is still the top person to focus on (and do that twice in a row and part of an alledged catch-up process). I don't think DP has voted yet today, but his last two votes were also bandwagon and he's more in touch with the game, for instance. I also think BR should not vanish from the suspects' radar.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

FZ. wrote:
Epignosis wrote:People lie about real life stuff too. For that reason I do not let it factor into whether or not I vote for the person. I've witnessed too many people taken in by it.

I disagree. I would never use something like that as an excuse, but I'm pretty sure it would affect my game (hence why I dropped out in that game). I don't know why he didn't drop out, but I can totally see it affecting him as well.

You disagree because you would never do it? Then you haven't hosted enough. Good Lord, I've seen some whoppers and people bragging about it in BTSC.

I'm NOT saying that's Bass' thing. I'm just saying it happens more often than you think. I've seen people lie about having friends over. I've seen people lie about the power being out. I've seen people lie about having schoolwork. I've seen people lie about bad weather.

It happens. Often.

I myself never lie about real life stuff either in a game- that doesn't mean it doesn't happen.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Jesus, I've seen people lie about their kids.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

We continue to lynch the unlynchable, Kira continues to kill the killable.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 1001
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

I think Boo is on the level. Just my read of him.
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 63

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

TBH I'd rather vote Bass at this point so that's where I'm going to go. Looks like it won't matter though.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Epignosis wrote:
FZ. wrote:

You disagree because you would never do it? Then you haven't hosted enough. Good Lord, I've seen some whoppers and people bragging about it in BTSC.

I'm NOT saying that's Bass' thing. I'm just saying it happens more often than you think. I've seen people lie about having friends over. I've seen people lie about the power being out. I've seen people lie about having schoolwork. I've seen people lie about bad weather.

It happens. Often.

I myself never lie about real life stuff either in a game- that doesn't mean it doesn't happen.
Well, I guess I judge people by how I play, and I expect more from people. It saddens me :( But I still think there's a big difference between saying you have friends over and saying your suspect list suck because you had a death in the family

DharmaHelper wrote:We continue to lynch the unlynchable, Kira continues to kill the killable.
:srsnod:

linki: Thanks TH.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote:We continue to lynch the unlynchable, Kira continues to kill the killable.
You can try convincing people instead of browbeating if you believe we are wrong.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 488
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Re: Death Note Mafia [POLLS]

Post by Tangrowth »

DAY 9

Who is Kira?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:04:27 pm

Bass_the_Clever
DharmaHelper (7), Boomslang (8), FZ. (12), DisgruntledPorcupine (15) 27%
Black Rock
No votes
boo
No votes
Boomslang
No votes
DharmaHelper
No votes
DisgruntledPorcupine
No votes
Epignosis
No votes
FZ.
Epignosis (2), thellama73 (3), Turnip Head (4), Matahari (5), zeek (9), boo (10), Bass_the_Clever (11), juliets (13), Ricochet (14) 60%
juliets
No votes
Matahari
No votes
Metalmarsh89
Metalmarsh89 (6) 7%
Ricochet
No votes
Spacedaisy
No votes
thellama73
No votes
Turnip Head
No votes
zeek
No votes
Sockface! (hosts, nons, deadies)
MovingPictures07 (1) 7%
Missing votes: Black Rock, Spacedaisy
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote:
You can try convincing people instead of browbeating if you believe we are wrong.
Nah.

ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

llama and Epi, have you ever considered that maybe you were kept alive every day so you can keep pushing me lynch?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Nah.
:clap:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 488
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Day 9: I Am FZ.'s Complete Lack of Surprise

The players debated lynching FZ. Again.

METALMARSH89: (reflection) This is so boring.

The players kept debating lynching FZ. Metalmarsh89 couldn't take it anymore.

METALMARSH89: MIKAMI! You know who you are, and I know who you are. Your time has come. You learned something valuable yesterday, and it would be quite the boon to Master Light for you to play your part now.

The players stared at Metalmarsh89 in amazement, then ignored him.

METALMARSH89: (reflection) I'm still bored.

Sockface wrote down FZ.'s name in the Lynch Note.

FZ.: This is a waste of time! You're all wasting your time! Stop talking about me!
THELLAMA73: No.
EPIGNOSIS: Hell no.

Turnip Head sighed. 40 seconds passed. FZ. didn't go anywhere.

FZ.: See?

No one has been lynched.

It is now Day 10.

You have 48 hours to find and lynch Kira.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

FZ. wrote:llama and Epi, have you ever considered that maybe you were kept alive every day so you can keep pushing me lynch?
Have you ever considered that maybe I pushed your lynch so I could be kept alive?
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

*my

Now, the baddies will have no reason to keep you alive if you're civvies

linki: :rolleyes:
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.