Death Note Mafia [END]

Moderator: Community Team

DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 822

Re: Death Note Mafia [DAY 3]

Post by DharmaHelper »

And if you don't believe that DH has painted a "damned if I do, damned if I don't" picture, his reaction to my latest post demonstrates it. If I "don't," it's "come on son" and "get over it" and "you're a sad puppy." If I "do," it's "childish" and a "bullshit tantrum."
I dont want to play this game anymore.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 522

Post by FZ. »

Epignosis wrote:
FZ. wrote:Epig, I actually read 90% of this. Sadly, I agreed with almost nothing. Maybe it's me, but I don't go and read all the details of the roles, but it doesn't make me a baddie, so I disagree with that. I can agree that he wasn't been too nice, but I can see his point when he's saying that he hoped that if you were a civ, it would make you wake up and do what needs to be done. I'm really trying to view this with an open mind.

I do want to ask you, you say you don't think he's a detective, but you keep saying that non Kiras are sort of potential civvies as well, so would you want to lynch him?
I didn't say that not reading the roles makes someone bad- I said that not reading the roles while pushing for a dangerous Day 0 option is anti-detective.

Given the unusual setup, FZ., I have had to take a different approach (mentally, not in the thread) in how to determine who is bad. I won't go into details, but it has been an interesting change of pace. For example, we're up against what is not traditionally a team, but a quartet of serial killers. That drives things hard into luck territory. There are a few people in this who have serial killer tells. However, I have not seen any of those.

For another example, unlike a typical Mafia with maybe a couple of secrets, this is rife with them, and these secrets are being leaked. One thing I've thought of is this: Now that we know a vote cast by a Kira victim will count that Day, what is to be made of the early voters?

Just something to think about. In regards to your question, I don't know. While I do not believe he is a detective, I also do not believe he is Yotsuba. At the same time, I don't believe he is doing the killing. However, there is value in lynching the "supporting cast" if only to remove their vote from the pool and remove their power from play. I would have no qualms lynching DharmaHelper.
I have actually been thinking about the SK thing myself, and was wondering whether the Kiras themselves actually care if all the rest die or not. Maybe in order to survive until the end, it's better for them to just help lynch the other Kiras and look better to all the rest. If that's the case, maybe we should actually be looking at the most aggressive or "case makers" (not including me :P ). I'm just not sure what is the best way to approach this game

linki: I have to side with DH on this, Epi. I don't think he's done anything that is out of the realm of a normal mafia game, and I feel like you're making it personal
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

FZ. wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
FZ. wrote:Epig, I actually read 90% of this. Sadly, I agreed with almost nothing. Maybe it's me, but I don't go and read all the details of the roles, but it doesn't make me a baddie, so I disagree with that. I can agree that he wasn't been too nice, but I can see his point when he's saying that he hoped that if you were a civ, it would make you wake up and do what needs to be done. I'm really trying to view this with an open mind.

I do want to ask you, you say you don't think he's a detective, but you keep saying that non Kiras are sort of potential civvies as well, so would you want to lynch him?
I didn't say that not reading the roles makes someone bad- I said that not reading the roles while pushing for a dangerous Day 0 option is anti-detective.

Given the unusual setup, FZ., I have had to take a different approach (mentally, not in the thread) in how to determine who is bad. I won't go into details, but it has been an interesting change of pace. For example, we're up against what is not traditionally a team, but a quartet of serial killers. That drives things hard into luck territory. There are a few people in this who have serial killer tells. However, I have not seen any of those.

For another example, unlike a typical Mafia with maybe a couple of secrets, this is rife with them, and these secrets are being leaked. One thing I've thought of is this: Now that we know a vote cast by a Kira victim will count that Day, what is to be made of the early voters?

Just something to think about. In regards to your question, I don't know. While I do not believe he is a detective, I also do not believe he is Yotsuba. At the same time, I don't believe he is doing the killing. However, there is value in lynching the "supporting cast" if only to remove their vote from the pool and remove their power from play. I would have no qualms lynching DharmaHelper.
I have actually been thinking about the SK thing myself, and was wondering whether the Kiras themselves actually care if all the rest die or not. Maybe in order to survive until the end, it's better for them to just help lynch the other Kiras and look better to all the rest. If that's the case, maybe we should actually be looking at the most aggressive or "case makers" (not including me :P ). I'm just not sure what is the best way to approach this game

linki: I have to side with DH on this, Epi. I don't think he's done anything that is out of the realm of a normal mafia game, and I feel like you're making it personal
I meant that literally. If MP wasn't my Funny or Die blood brother, and I hadn't had my reputation of rarely subbing out of games, and I didn't like Death Note as much, I'd be gone by now. Call it what you want considering my thoughts when Epi was all "fuck this noise", but I honestly can't take it. Misery loves company, eh?

ImageImage
ImageImage
zeek
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 154

Post by zeek »

I just won £1100 on a bet. I'm out, bitches. Night :beer:
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 675

Post by Epignosis »

I just don't understand how you can go from this:
DharmaHelper wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:You know what, fuck it. I'm gonna vote Epi now. He is either a baddie pulling this stunt, or he is somehow not a baddie, but completely disinterested in making any kind of sense. Dead weight either way. Voting now :P
Yes. I am disinterested. I've done what I could, but all it turns into is "stuff to use against Epi later." I am voting Snowman and will allow the rest of the voters to decide if they want me around or not. I'm tired.
zeek wrote:Very convincing case, MM, I hadn't put together all those inconsistencies from Epi. Although I'm not sure on you, your points are persuasive. I may vote Epi if he convince me otherwise.

I really don't know what to make of all the strange behaviour in this game tbh, feels like it's going to be quite a random game.
Go for it zeek. I didn't even read MM's case on me and don't plan to post any manner of defense. I'm the easy choice today and I'm okay with that. If you're a detective though, lynching me won't help you.
If you're ready to quit at Day 3 then I am ready to help you.
To this:
DharmaHelper wrote:
And if you don't believe that DH has painted a "damned if I do, damned if I don't" picture, his reaction to my latest post demonstrates it. If I "don't," it's "come on son" and "get over it" and "you're a sad puppy." If I "do," it's "childish" and a "bullshit tantrum."
I'll leave you alone if you want though. I don't want to upset you.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote:I just don't understand how you can go from this:
DharmaHelper wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:You know what, fuck it. I'm gonna vote Epi now. He is either a baddie pulling this stunt, or he is somehow not a baddie, but completely disinterested in making any kind of sense. Dead weight either way. Voting now :P
Yes. I am disinterested. I've done what I could, but all it turns into is "stuff to use against Epi later." I am voting Snowman and will allow the rest of the voters to decide if they want me around or not. I'm tired.
zeek wrote:Very convincing case, MM, I hadn't put together all those inconsistencies from Epi. Although I'm not sure on you, your points are persuasive. I may vote Epi if he convince me otherwise.

I really don't know what to make of all the strange behaviour in this game tbh, feels like it's going to be quite a random game.
Go for it zeek. I didn't even read MM's case on me and don't plan to post any manner of defense. I'm the easy choice today and I'm okay with that. If you're a detective though, lynching me won't help you.
If you're ready to quit at Day 3 then I am ready to help you.
To this:
DharmaHelper wrote:
I'll leave you alone if you want though. I don't want to upset you.
It would definitely take a lot to go from one extreme to another, I agree. At least 240,000 characters.

ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

DharmaHelper wrote:
FZ. wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

I meant that literally. If MP wasn't my Funny or Die blood brother, and I hadn't had my reputation of rarely subbing out of games, and I didn't like Death Note as much, I'd be gone by now. Call it what you want considering my thoughts when Epi was all "fuck this noise", but I honestly can't take it. Misery loves company, eh?
I'm sorry you feel this way. For what it's worth, I like having you here and I think you're playing mafia like you should. I think Epi is just really frustrated (no matter the alignment), and I have no idea what yours is, but I don't think it should become personal, no matter what.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 179
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Voted snowman.might get stuck at work longer and don't want to run the risk of missing the vote.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 575

Post by thellama73 »

I think everybody just needs to take a deep breath.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

204k not 240k.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Who was it that said Light could exert some level of mind control over his victims? I assume that is what happened to SVS.

ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

thellama73 wrote:I think everybody just needs to take a deep breath.
:nicenod:

Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

DharmaHelper wrote:Who was it that said Light could exert some level of mind control over his victims? I assume that is what happened to SVS.
What do you mean?

And any thoughts about what I said regarding the serial killer issue?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

FZ. wrote:linki: I have to side with DH on this, Epi. I don't think he's done anything that is out of the realm of a normal mafia game, and I feel like you're making it personal
In what respect? I don't feel like it's personal at all.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

FZ. wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:Who was it that said Light could exert some level of mind control over his victims? I assume that is what happened to SVS.
What do you mean?

And any thoughts about what I said regarding the serial killer issue?
If I remember rightly in the show Light could control the people he killed leading up to their death (getting them to mail stuff before they die, or something). Somebody already brought this up but I can't remember who. Let me go back and re-read your Serial killer thoughts so I have an opinion.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

FZ. wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

I agree as it relates to the Yotsuba Kira. He is the one I would expect to want the others dead. But Light/X Kira/Misa I would think would want to worth together and cooperate.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Work* together.

ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Epignosis wrote:
FZ. wrote:linki: I have to side with DH on this, Epi. I don't think he's done anything that is out of the realm of a normal mafia game, and I feel like you're making it personal
You two seem to have been having a pissing contest since the game started, and it's escalating. You keep saying some of his posts are mean, and he feels the same about yours. Can't you two just kiss and make up?

DharmaHelper wrote:
FZ. wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

I agree as it relates to the Yotsuba Kira. He is the one I would expect to want the others dead. But Light/X Kira/Misa I would think would want to worth together and cooperate.
Are you saying that because of what MP wrote as a quote from SVS?

Why would it be better for the three of them to work together? Sorry for not getting all the them related stuff
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Yeah I think SVS's quote was Light's doing. When she said "TH is killing me ARRGHHH" or whatever it was.

Also, excepting the Yotsuba Kira, the other Kiras are all on the same team (Light Sympathizers) and therefore share a win condition, and some of their secrets rely on/help each other.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

FZ. wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
You two seem to have been having a pissing contest since the game started, and it's escalating. You keep saying some of his posts are mean, and he feels the same about yours. Can't you two just kiss and make up?
It isn't personal. And on a personal level, it doesn't bother me that he hurls abuses at me (like "childish" and "bullshit tantrum" and "come on son."). I accept all those things as part of the game. They don't offend me. If they don't bother me, I hope they don't bother you.

And if it *is* personal, DH will let me know. Probably on Sunday. :srsnod:
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

DharmaHelper wrote:Yeah I think SVS's quote was Light's doing. When she said "TH is killing me ARRGHHH" or whatever it was.

Also, excepting the Yotsuba Kira, the other Kiras are all on the same team (Light Sympathizers) and therefore share a win condition, and some of their secrets rely on/help each other.
Yeah, but if most don't know who is who, then they don't have to defend them, and even more so, since they don't know if the person they lynch is good or bad, might as well just vote for the person they think is bad. At least that way they seem honest with their suspicions.

Anyway, I'm going to bed. No that my vote seems to matter anyway, but I'm voting for Snowman and hope that he turns out bad

linki: I thought that's what the "I don't want to play this any more" was supposed to convey.It bothers me if it ruins the fun for another player. Other than that, I'm good.

Good night :)
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

FZ. wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:Yeah I think SVS's quote was Light's doing. When she said "TH is killing me ARRGHHH" or whatever it was.

Yeah, but if most don't know who is who, then they don't have to defend them, and even more so, since they don't know if the person they lynch is good or bad, might as well just vote for the person they think is bad. At least that way they seem honest with their suspicions.

Anyway, I'm going to bed. No that my vote seems to matter anyway, but I'm voting for Snowman and hope that he turns out bad

linki: I thought that's what the "I don't want to play this any more" was supposed to convey.It bothers me if it ruins the fun for another player. Other than that, I'm good.

Good night :)
Thats true for every sympathizer/Yotsuba though, not just the Kiras.

I think at least to start off with it will be really hard to tie people to being baddies/teammates because of the lack of BTSC. But that will get easier as time goes on. Initially, baddies will be going after baddies accidentally much more frequently. What would be interesting for example would be if someone has a suspect that they drop suddenly, given the nature of BTSC.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 126

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

Sorry I haven't been around at all I have been at the hospital all day and I don't want to miss the vote.
I going to vote snowman. I think he has played a very strange game and it makes me nervous. I think epi just seems frustrated.

Votes snowman
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 488
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Roughly 40 minutes left to vote and there are 6 missing votes.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

At least Snowman voted.
boo
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 267
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by boo »

llama
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Zombarella
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 302

Post by Zombarella »

Epignosis wrote:At least Snowman voted.
Whaaaa?
Turnip Head wrote:I for one welcome our new zombie and llama overlords. May their reign be long, and may their cases always be on point.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Dom »

Yo, just a reminder, I am the mod and I'm here for you all. Pls utilize me thx bai.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 63

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

Welp, since he's given his surrendervote... *votes Snowman*
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 148

Post by Black Rock »

Holy crap, I thought I missed the vote. I'm going to do a semi-catch up now.
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Black Rock wrote:Holy crap, I thought I missed the vote. I'm going to do a semi-catch up now.
Good luck with that nice lady.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Dom »

also holy pages
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Epignosis wrote:
Black Rock wrote:Holy crap, I thought I missed the vote. I'm going to do a semi-catch up now.
Good luck with that nice lady.
Well I should have not picked page 74 as my random page to read to start. :huh: I going to start somewhere else now.
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 1001
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

I'll give you the TL;DR later but you might as well toss your vote onto the bandwagon so you don't miss it.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Yeah, you wouldn't want to miss the vote. :feb:
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Turnip Head wrote:Someone is killing off experienced players.
Indeed, I don't understand both those kills. I'll read SVS sometime tomorrow.
ImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Yeah, you wouldn't want to miss the vote. :feb:
That's true. I'm just going to vote for Snowman now since he really doesn't matter and the host is freaking me out.

Can anyone point me to a page where Snowman posted?
ImageImage
Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 98
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Made »

Ricochet wrote: Getting a bit intrigued that Ace is so far taking the day off, especially when the only intel on him came from L. Not sure what to make of Bass and Made either, Bass seems to me like he made a very convenient catch-up post and Made took an even more premature way than MM and TH, stating his vote is certain, but so far not coming back with a case and not voting. Hmms all around.
That was a joke, I was mocking everyone's "I know who i'm voting for" post because they seemed silly to me.

Anyways, reading....nothing jumping out at me. This will sound stupid- because it is- but I literally don't have any leads as of yet, of, my own anyways. The case epi has on Dh seems like a stretch, but it merits, especially in the post that MM pointed out. That said I currently think Dh and Epi are both civvie just because to post so much ( i mean an argument the size of a page) and be bad would take a very strange kind of person I would never understand.

Anyways... either going to jump on bandwagon for accountability or self vote because I literally can't find the argument on Snowman.

Thought i'd given myself enough time to read everything and have options and all that jazz, but clearly i hadn't. :sigh:
Pov: you reading my takes
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

1 vote missing!
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 96

Post by Spacedaisy »

I don't have time to properly catch up until later tonight but I feel like I can get behind a snowman lynch so I voted there
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Spacedaisy wrote:I don't have time to properly catch up until later tonight but I feel like I can get behind a snowman lynch so I voted there
You're in the same boat as me.
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Re: Death Note Mafia [POLLS]

Post by Tangrowth »

DAY 3

Who is Kira?

Poll runs till Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:44:52 pm

AceofSpaces
No votes
Bass_the_Clever
No votes
bea
No votes
Black Rock
No votes
boo
No votes
Boomslang
No votes
DharmaHelper
No votes
DisgruntledPorcupine
No votes
Elohcin
No votes
Epignosis
Turnip Head (2), Metalmarsh89 (3), DharmaHelper (6) 12%
FZ.
No votes
juliets
No votes
Made
No votes
Matahari
No votes
Metalmarsh89
No votes
Ricochet
No votes
Russtifinko
No votes
S~V~S
No votes
Snowman
Zomberella12 (4), Epignosis (7), Elohcin (8), Boomslang (10), zeek (11), Ricochet (12), juliets (13), AceofSpaces (14), thellama73 (15), Russtifinko (17), bea (18), FZ. (19), Bass_the_Clever (20), Snowman (21), DisgruntledPorcupine (23), Black Rock (24), Spacedaisy (25), Made (26) 69%
Spacedaisy
No votes
thellama73
boo (22) 4%
Turnip Head
No votes
zeek
No votes
Zomberella12
No votes
John Galt...? (host, deadies, nons)
MovingPictures07 (1), Golden (5), nijuukyugou (9), S~V~S (16) 15%
Total votes : 26
Missing votes: Matahari
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Day 3: And You May Ask Yourself... How Do I Play This Mafia Game?

THELLAMA73: Snowman, you have made it no secret that you love bandwagons. Well, how's THAT for a bandwagon?
ZOMBERELLA12: Yeah!!!!! You're bad!!!! I just know it!!
BOOMSLANG: He's just letting the days go by.

thellama73 chuckles as Sockface writes down Snowman's name in the Lynch Note.

SNOWMAN: You're right! I love bandwagons! I love attention! But most of all I love money!
RUSSTIFINKO: But what about after the money's gone?

Snowman continued, as if he had never heard the question.

SNOWMAN: Sakura TV's ratings will go through the roof once they see its executive die on television! My legacy will live on... in the hearts of those that support Kira! I fear no man or god! You hea---

At that moment, Snowman was instantaneously set on fire. His body melted away until it was merely a puddle of water, and his spirit descended to hell.

RICOCHET: Into the blue again.
ZOMBERELLA12: Into the silent water.
RUSSTIFINKO: After the money's gone.
BOOMSLANG: Letting the days go by.
ELOHCIN: Once in a lifetime.
EPIGNOSIS: Water flowing underground.
SOCKFACE: Same as it ever was.

Meanwhile, in hell...

SNOWMAN: How did I get here?

Snowman has been lynched. He was Hitoshi Demegawa.

It is now Night 3.

You have 24 hours to send in your night actions.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Black Rock wrote:
Spacedaisy wrote:I don't have time to properly catch up until later tonight but I feel like I can get behind a snowman lynch so I voted there
You're in the same boat as me.
Hop on board, there's room for all
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: Death Note Mafia [NIGHT 3]

Post by Epignosis »

Excellent. And fuck that fat pig. Ratings aren't everything.

Snowman, we built one in your honor today. His / Her (kids argued) name is "Dr. Maryland Tiana Dirty IV."
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Man, it feels good to be right.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Yay we got one.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Nice :D See you in the next game Snowman!
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 224
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Nice work Zomba and yay we got one! Snowman, you are an enjoyable person, please continue to play.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

juliets wrote:Nice work Zomba and yay we got one! Snowman, you are an enjoyable person, please continue to play.
Zomba? Hey! Who started the anti-Snowman sentiment?

Return to “Previous Jobs”