Death Note Mafia [END]

Moderator: Community Team

Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 98
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Death Note Mafia [DAY 4]

Post by Made »

Matahari wrote: I'm glad to hear from you, what you posted about busy threads being intimidating is true, but its still good to hear from a player at least once a day. I don't think I agree with your reasoning in the quoted post. Trying to appear like your role would be role-hinting, and I don't think anyone would want to do that. Or am I misunderstanding you?
I was thinking more that instead of simply voting for Russ or TH because of their behavior, we should attempt to explain said behavior and see where it leads us.

I decided to go the pure speculation route with a role analysis and see if their behavior could match a role, which they did-- at least loosely-- in the above post. While I can't think of any explanation for Russ' actions aside from role which is making me even more weary, the same justification can't be given for TH as easily.
Spoiler: show
Pov: you reading my takes
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 96

Post by Spacedaisy »

I have to vote now. I'm thinking after considering the options that I am going to vote for TH ad week. I don't feel comfortable thinking he might be a baddie pulling some really ballsy play to appear like a shinigami. Voting TH now.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 575

Post by thellama73 »

Spacedaisy wrote:I have to vote now. I'm thinking after considering the options that I am going to vote for TH ad week. I don't feel comfortable thinking he might be a baddie pulling some really ballsy play to appear like a shinigami. Voting TH now.
Is it ad week already?
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 63

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

I have to vote now, so I'm going to pursue my Russ suspicion.
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Made wrote:
Matahari wrote: I'm glad to hear from you, what you posted about busy threads being intimidating is true, but its still good to hear from a player at least once a day. I don't think I agree with your reasoning in the quoted post. Trying to appear like your role would be role-hinting, and I don't think anyone would want to do that. Or am I misunderstanding you?
I was thinking more that instead of simply voting for Russ or TH because of their behavior, we should attempt to explain said behavior and see where it leads us.

I decided to go the pure speculation route with a role analysis and see if their behavior could match a role, which they did-- at least loosely-- in the above post. While I can't think of any explanation for Russ' actions aside from role which is making me even more weary, the same justification can't be given for TH as easily.
thoughts on the above anyone?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 488
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Roughly 2 hours until Day 4 is complete. 11 votes are still missing.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 126

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

I not sure who to vote for yet. I'm going to think about it, and come back to vote later.

Does anyone else find it strange that Made forgot the one of the Sympathizers was dead? It almost makes me wonder if he could be Yotsuba and their secret win condition isn't effected by having the Sympathizers dead.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Also, the secret word has still yet to be spoken!
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Does anyone have a list of the words people tried all ready?
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 822

Post by DharmaHelper »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:Does anyone have a list of the words people tried all ready?
A list has been compiled over the last several pages of words that cannot be considered the secret word.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 822

Post by DharmaHelper »

Also, interesting that no one has been hit by Kira yet today.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 179
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

LC's didn't come till the start of night, but yea. I'm holding my breath that there is no death.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Ok i'm going to go ahead a vote Made.
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 148

Post by Black Rock »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Also, the secret word has still yet to be spoken!
Do we have state it's a guess or if you it posted it counts?

Zebra?
ImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 106

Post by Elohcin »

I have yet to catch up today. I will be doing so in just a moment, but I have a question for a few players.

@Bea, Black Rock, SpaceDaisy, and FZ. Have any of y'all watched the show? Death Note, I mean.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 575

Post by thellama73 »

Only 12 votes in with less than an hour to go.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Black Rock wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Also, the secret word has still yet to be spoken!
Do we have state it's a guess or if you it posted it counts?

Zebra?
The latter, any time it's posted.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Elohcin wrote:I have yet to catch up today. I will be doing so in just a moment, but I have a question for a few players.

@Bea, Black Rock, SpaceDaisy, and FZ. Have any of y'all watched the show? Death Note, I mean.
I have not.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

I have to start dinner soon. I'm voting made, he feels to me like he's trying to stay under the radar.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

bea wrote:
Elohcin wrote:I have yet to catch up today. I will be doing so in just a moment, but I have a question for a few players.

I have not.
Thanks Bea.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 224
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

I'm going to vote Made tonight.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Matahari
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 137

Post by Matahari »

I could probably use eeney meanie to choose who to vote. Made posted although I didn't especially get anything from his posts, Russti hasn't posted since monday night, and TH although posting one or two things that sounded like some thought was put into it, has still been attracting the wrong kind of attention from the start. I'm going to vote TH today

I'm sorry to hear your news Juliets
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

I have not.
ImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

I think I will go for Made tonight. I'm curious to know what game TH is playing but I think he is more likely good than bad.
ImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Black Rock wrote:

I have not.
Thanks.
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Whoa, before I posted I saw it at 4 - 6 but when I voted I tied it up to 6 each. Russ totally did a Ninja vote in there. I would really like some answers as to what is going on with Russ, he couldn't possibly be silenced most of the game... right?
ImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Elohcin wrote:
Black Rock wrote:

I have not.
Thanks.

Why do you ask?
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

15 minutes to go. Missing 5 votes.
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 542

Post by Ricochet »

Between Made and TH I suspect TH more and will vote there. While I would also consider voting for Russ, especially now that he shadow voted, he clearly isn't going anywhere today with just one vote, so I have to choose TH between the two as well. Their behaviour is completely different, yet possibly linked to the same secret priviledges, but I guess we'll see.
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

thought the lynch was in an hour...... ok.

I really am not trying to stay under the radar, I'm just trying to get into the game. If i were trying to stay under the radar, i wouldn't talk about how lost i've been this game.

For real, I'm trying. Before you vote for me please read this post.
Made wrote:
AceofSpaces wrote:Has Made posted at all during this day cycle? I don't think he has.
he has not :|
AceofSpaces wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
AceofSpaces wrote:Has Made posted at all during this day cycle? I don't think he has.
Can you blame him?
No, but it is a little weird to see 22 players alive and only 12 posting. Are puzzles really that scary?
it's not the puzzle, it's just the size of the game. I'll probably continue saying this until everyone dies(or people lynch me for saying it everytime I post :rolleyes: ), but this is a fast moving, and intimidating game.
That said, I want to contribute, so here's contributions:
Epignosis wrote:I am going to take the initiative and vote DharmaHelper now. I think he's disingenuous, and I think he's gone after me for sloppy reasons.
having not seen the show, i don't get the "episode 18" stuff you're referring to, but didn't you just say you thought DH was a detective, or at least might be?
Epignosis wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:Yeah... that puzzle was a metic butt-ton of work. Y'all should be celebrating the puzzle solvers, not accusing them of trying to distract or seem helpful. That thing was a nightmare.
I disagree.
i disagree sorta kinda not really.... I see puzzle solving as a neutral activity from anyone who
Epignosis wrote:How many times will DharmaHelper have to fuck you over before you learn when he is a liar?
Largest ping i've had all game. The strongest memory I have of Epig is from Monty python( or was it doctor who....) where he was killed, brought back to life and immediately began developing strong arguments against Enrique. This post, and post like it don't feel like much of an argument, more of a just mudslinging under the guise of baddie hunting.
DisgruntledPorcupine wrote:My ears are ringing.

Also, I hate to do something over simplified but Russ' very strict daily schedule is making me increasingly paranoid and unless someone changes my mind between now and tomorrow afternoon I am probably going to vote for him.
I agree something weird is here, but i don't think voting is the answer, yet anyways...
Turnip Head wrote:I can think of exactly one person who looked like he was trying to appear helpful regarding the puzzles. It's my buddy Made:
Made wrote:A tip that might help for future puzzles: Phrasing is often similar in roles specifically, so looking for patterns might help.
This was after we were already balls deep in the puzzle. This post screams "Look at me trying to help!" more than any posts from the genuine puzzle solvers.
Well I mean this was exactly what I was doing... :shrug: Didn't have time to catch up at the time, so i tried saying something so I wasn't 100% useless/absent

Because these are fun (and easy):Pretty pink!
Spacedaisy wrote::sigh: I. Hate. Decoding. I suck at it and I don't bother trying. I'm grateful for the work you all did, and now we can focus on the lynch.

Epi: other than a couple small things, I've found him to be the most logical voice in the thread. i don't see myself voting for him.I disagree, I'd say most logical goes to Bea. For me, the aggression i've come to know from Epi is there, but i find myself unable to get where he's coming from a lot of the time.

DH: I think DH and Epi are tunnel vision where each other are concerned. If one of the two is bad I would believe it of DH before Epi, but I don't see it here either.Vice versa for me. In GoC I figured he was bad very early on, but he's playing a very different game here. Just gonna keep watching this one

TH: I have flipped back and forth so often, but it comes down to this... If any of the people who seem to be implying that they are or simply playing like they are Shinigami, TH is the one I most believe could be pulling the wool over our eyes. He is a much more masterful player than this and even though I used to think he was wanting to be lynched, I've come to the point now where I think it was a ploy and am ready to lynch him.The highest poster theory is an interesting one. I don't remember who suggested it, but there might be merit here, and if we need someone to lynch, it's always a place we could go, along with Russ.

Bea: I have not seen anything that stands out as bad from bea to me, but it is true she would kill SVS. I don't know about LC though. I just don't feel confident in a vote for her yet. I've agree with Bea the most by far this game( also she and Ninjabloop are really good at cutting through my bs) so iunno. I'm keeping my eye here because i know she wasn't lynched in Monty Python till people decided to start lynching the most trustworthy people

Made: what is the case for Made? I think I missed this one.Tldr: I show up in thread right before the lynch happens, say something shifty and leave. I'm a short enough read where you can decide if that's true or not on your own

Russ: his absence yet again makes me willing to vote him. It was fishy the first time around and is again now. have we had other silencings so far? Or could this be his role mechanic for some reason?none that i noticed. I'm thinking role, but not sure what it could possibly mean

I need sleep. Night guys.
DharmaHelper wrote:Made I need a hug my brother help me out
:hugs: you know the faces that the smiles make before they hug kind make me feel a little off

And now it's 2:30 am and I have school tomorrow ... I'll be back before the lynch.

After thought: I can't remember who it is who gets pinged really hard when i post all sarcastic like. This post will probably light them up like a Christmas tree. :biggrin:
something something Smiley Theorem
I just need more time.
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Ricochet wrote:Between Made and TH I suspect TH more and will vote there. While I would also consider voting for Russ, especially now that he shadow voted, he clearly isn't going anywhere today with just one vote, so I have to choose TH between the two as well. Their behaviour is completely different, yet possibly linked to the same secret priviledges, but I guess we'll see.
I think Russ needs to go back on the table soon.
ImageImage
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Voted Th to save myself. That said, I still think a Th lynch is premature, so :/

Also
bea wrote:I have to start dinner soon. I'm voting made, he feels to me like he's trying to stay under the radar.
This felt like it came out of no where.
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 60

Post by Boomslang »

Been unreasonably busy the past couple days, not much time to catch up. Voting TH on gut and a persistent feeling that he's been flooding the thread while not actually contributing much.
Matahari
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 137

Post by Matahari »

Made wrote:Voted Th to save myself. That said, I still think a Th lynch is premature, so :/

Also
bea wrote:I have to start dinner soon. I'm voting made, he feels to me like he's trying to stay under the radar.
This felt like it came out of no where.
It noticeably did, didn't it? :ponder:
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 1001
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Welp, it's been a lot of fun guys. I had a good run. New playstyle = almost a success, I guess. Not really :P I still think Epi is Kira. Russ also needs more attention because there's clearly something going on there.

Thanks for the game MP! Good luck detectives!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Nice job, everyone! No missing votes.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Re: Death Note Mafia [POLLS]

Post by Tangrowth »

DAY 4

Who is Kira?

Poll ended at Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:44:56 pm

AceofSpaces
No votes
Bass_the_Clever
No votes
bea
boo (10) 4%
Black Rock
FZ. (11) 4%
boo
No votes
Boomslang
No votes
DharmaHelper
Epignosis (6) 4%
DisgruntledPorcupine
No votes
Elohcin
No votes
Epignosis
Turnip Head (2) 4%
FZ.
Elohcin (26) 4%
juliets
No votes
Made
AceofSpaces (13), Bass_the_Clever (16), bea (17), juliets (18), Russtifinko (20), Black Rock (21) 23%
Matahari
No votes
Metalmarsh89
No votes
Ricochet
No votes
Russtifinko
DisgruntledPorcupine (15) 4%
Spacedaisy
No votes
thellama73
No votes
Turnip Head
Metalmarsh89 (5), thellama73 (7), DharmaHelper (9), zeek (12), Spacedaisy (14), Matahari (19), Made (22), Ricochet (23), Boomslang (24), Zomberella12 (25) 38%
zeek
No votes
Zomberella12
No votes
Sock-Kira (host, deadies, nons)
MovingPictures07 (1), Golden (3), Mongoose (4), Snowman (8) 15%
Total votes : 26
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

oh my goodness I just RAN into the living room to vote. I sat down to dinner with my lovely family and said I would get back up at 7:40 just to vote. Then I forgot. Man oh man...I'll explain my vote after I eat.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Day 4: Super Turnip Bro.

THELLAMA73: Turnip Head, you change your mind too much!
TURNIP HEAD: Do I?
THELLAMA73: Also, you love puzzles more than catching Kira. That makes you bad.
TURNIP HEAD: Does it?
THELLAMA73: Yep. I feel good about this lynch.

Sockface prepared to write Turnip Head's name in the Lynch Note. Turnip Head started laughing.

EPIGNOSIS: Why are you laughing?
TURNIP HEAD: No reason.

Suddenly, Turnip Head grabbed a giant turnip from the ground SMB2-style and chucked it at Sockface.

Sockface screamed in terror as he was knocked over by the turnip. Turnip Head quickly snagged the Death Note.

TURNIP HEAD: Yep. Just call me Captain Turnip Head: Survivor of Lynches.
DHARMAHELPER: How about no?

No one has been lynched.

It is now Night 4.

You have 24 hours to send in your night actions.
Zombarella
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 302

Post by Zombarella »

I just voted for TH. Traffic was so bad because of rain and I had to pick up Snowman from the high school because he can't ride his motorcycle in the rain and I had to take dinner to a sick family and I told the kids they could have Whataburger and donuts and I got home at 7:40 and the vote ended at 7:44 and I didn't get the chance to decide between Boo and Bea and it looked like TH was already dead and he was fun but kind of obnoxious and now I have to go to dinner and I don't think we should end lynches on Friday nights.
Turnip Head wrote:I for one welcome our new zombie and llama overlords. May their reign be long, and may their cases always be on point.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 675

Post by Epignosis »

Elohcin wrote:oh my goodness I just RAN into the living room to vote. I sat down to dinner with my lovely family and said I would get back up at 7:40 just to vote. Then I forgot. Man oh man...I'll explain my vote after I eat.
Dat cookin' :shifty:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Zombarella
Corrupt Union Official

Re: Death Note Mafia [NIGHT 4]

Post by Zombarella »

linki: Sonofabiscuit!
Turnip Head wrote:I for one welcome our new zombie and llama overlords. May their reign be long, and may their cases always be on point.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Zomberella12 wrote:linki: Sonofabiscuit!
Nope, chicken leg quarters with rice pilaf and a mushroom gravy. No biscuits involved.
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Elohcin wrote:oh my goodness I just RAN into the living room to vote. I sat down to dinner with my lovely family and said I would get back up at 7:40 just to vote. Then I forgot. Man oh man...I'll explain my vote after I eat.

I'm curious to hear it, I have had some suspicion. I just don't know if I am crazy or not.
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 1001
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Zombarella
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Zombarella »

That sounds so much better than Whataburger!

Does it make me old that I get the SMB2 reference?

Does it make TH bad that he didn't die?

Now really, Snowman is waiting for me in the car. Gotta goooooooo...........
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Turnip Head wrote:Welp, it's been a lot of fun guys. I had a good run. New playstyle = almost a success, I guess. Not really :P I still think Epi is Kira. Russ also needs more attention because there's clearly something going on there.

Thanks for the game MP! Good luck detectives!
:suspish:
boo
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 267
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by boo »

Turnip Head wrote:Image
Ya. Sure. Because you totally thought you were getting lynched. Yup. It's not like anyone has been calling that result for oh, I don't know, the whole game?
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 542

Post by Ricochet »

Well, that's interesting. Repeat for Shinigami, or is he Higuchi or a currently unlynchable detective?
boo
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 267
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by boo »

Ricochet wrote:Well, that's interesting. Repeat for Shinigami, or is he Higuchi or a currently unlynchable detective?
If he was anything other than a Shingami, looking to make us waste a lynch (or 2 if we want to confirm it), he wouldn't have been playing trying to get lynched from the start. Why would Higuchi or a detective want this kind of attention?
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.

Return to “Previous Jobs”