The Flash: Battle for the Gem Cities (Day 12)

Moderator: Community Team

Can Someone Finally Die?

Poll ended at Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:52 pm

Bass 2.0
No votes
Black Rock
No votes
DFaraday
20%
FZ.
33%
Long Con
No votes
MetalMarsh89
No votes
Sophie
No votes
Devin the Omniscient
No votes
I...Iiii...I'm Still Alive (Host, Mod, Nons)
47%

Total votes: 15
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 174

Re: The Flash: Battle for the Gem Cities (Day 0)

Post by DharmaHelper »

reywaS wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
reywaS wrote:So so sorry. Not use to mafia been so long since I played. I'm here now. Won't miss anything else :D
Hi reywaS. Convince me why I shouldn't lynch you without using the letter "e", please.
You shouldn't lynch this guy cuz you don't got anything to cast a voto on.

I would have gone with "Don't."
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 147

Post by Black Rock »

thellama73 wrote:
Black Rock wrote:
Long Con wrote:Epig's reads on Elohcin are often accurate. Notoriously accurate. Almost like he's... superintelligent. :eek:

Monkey?
Nah, Epig is the host of Biblical Mafia. Obviously he doesn't believe in superintelligent monkeys, and therefore can't be one.

Hmmmm... that's something to think about. :srsnod:
ImageImage
blindfaeth
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 119

Post by blindfaeth »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
blindfaeth wrote:Maybe I'll change my avatar to a llama. :noble:
How about a pony with a marmot tattoo?

I love it! But it has to be no larger than 150 pixels to use :disappoint:
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 220
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

I don't think I've ever seen Epi call Elo out this early in the game. It has my attention. She's said two words so far. Which word did you find more suspicious, Epi?
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 147

Post by Black Rock »

Turnip Head wrote:I don't think I've ever seen Epi call Elo out this early in the game. It has my attention. She's said two words so far. Which word did you find more suspicious, Epi?
I think he was looking for attention since Llama was hogging it.
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 136

Post by thellama73 »

Black Rock wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:I don't think I've ever seen Epi call Elo out this early in the game. It has my attention. She's said two words so far. Which word did you find more suspicious, Epi?
I think he was looking for attention since Llama was hogging it.
There is plenty of attention for everyone to share!
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 672
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

ATTENTION ALL LLAMAS!

Here's some more attention.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 71

Post by Spacedaisy »

Sorry not more posting from me today. Seei worked this morning, ran errands this afternoon and then dove fully into the new book my sister sent me for my birthday which I am enjoying immensely. Just put it down because I was nodding off. Now I am going to sleep. Seeing as how we have not got into Day 1yet, I don't think this all matters much, but I wanted to at least communicate it and keep up with my rediscovered play style of posting like MP, only less of the tl;dr posts... :p
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 73

Post by Bullzeye »

blindfaeth wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
S~V~S wrote:Which jokes are you referring to?

Monkey Boys jokes? Epi searching for a sidekick? Or other?
A bit of both really. I always see day 0 as a doss, good for a laugh but not much else. I know I'm far from alone in that opinion. So it surprises me that so much seems to be being made out of so little.
No one is making it a big thing. Epignosis hasn't even really responded to it. I am not aggressively pursuing him. (Likely because there isn't a vote this period, but still :P ) It's not possible you are both bad two games in a row is it? :D
Sorry BF, did I touch a nerve there? Awfully defensive for someone who isn't being directly called out.
blindfaeth
Drug Dealer

Post by blindfaeth »

Bullzeye wrote:
blindfaeth wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:

A bit of both really. I always see day 0 as a doss, good for a laugh but not much else. I know I'm far from alone in that opinion. So it surprises me that so much seems to be being made out of so little.
No one is making it a big thing. Epignosis hasn't even really responded to it. I am not aggressively pursuing him. (Likely because there isn't a vote this period, but still :P ) It's not possible you are both bad two games in a row is it? :D
Sorry BF, did I touch a nerve there? Awfully defensive for someone who isn't being directly called out.
You're awfully dismissive of an idea that you shouldn't be opposed to. Whether it's what episode did or not, you can't deny that the baddies will be trying to signal to eachother.
blindfaeth
Drug Dealer

Post by blindfaeth »

Help!

My behind has been branded by the marmot!
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 73

Post by Bullzeye »

blindfaeth wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
blindfaeth wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:

You're awfully dismissive of an idea that you shouldn't be opposed to. Whether it's what episode did or not, you can't deny that the baddies will be trying to signal to eachother.
I'm not being dismissive. All I'm saying is that in my opinion people seem to be taking silly day-0 jokes as if they were serious comments with no intended humour. I'm not saying anyone is suspicious for doing it or that it's being done maliciously. I didn't even mention you by name yet you seem to be quite stung by my comment.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 116

Post by Epignosis »

blindfaeth wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
blindfaeth wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:

Isn't that what civilians do too?
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

All the ones she didn't say.

She strikes me as disinterested. She is never disinterested if she has BTSC. That means she isn't Captain Cold or Heat Wave. The possibility of BTSC would also keep her interested, so she isn't Golden Glider or Blacksmith. That means if she is an old rogue, she has to be Mirror Master, Weather Wizard, or The Trickster.

And if any of you are those roles, then it reduces her chances of being an old rogue even further for you.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

So if we want to lynch Epignosis, do we have to kidnap Turnip Head first?

blindfaeth wrote:Help!

My behind has been branded by the marmot!
:beer: Have a beer friend.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 87
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

Epignosis wrote:

She strikes me as disinterested. She is never disinterested if she has BTSC. That means she isn't Captain Cold or Heat Wave. The possibility of BTSC would also keep her interested, so she isn't Golden Glider or Blacksmith. That means if she is an old rogue, she has to be Mirror Master, Weather Wizard, or The Trickster.

And if any of you are those roles, then it reduces her chances of being an old rogue even further for you.
You will, ofc, forgive me if I do not believe you straight away bc you have been wrong before.

Bf - I get what you are saying about the baddies signaling each other but I do not think Bullz is being dismissive nor do I feel you are defensive.
;)
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote:

I hope this is intentional. :disappoint:

ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 454
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

I hope this is intentional. :disappoint:
I don't think Epig accidentally posted that stuff... :confused:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Roxy wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

You will, ofc, forgive me if I do not believe you straight away bc you have been wrong before.

Bf - I get what you are saying about the baddies signaling each other but I do not think Bullz is being dismissive nor do I feel you are defensive.
You're right. Gosh, that 85% rate of success really does make me look awful. :bored:
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

After game after game of people depending on me to read Eloh for them, I decided I would quit doing it. It got to the point that my alignment was predicated on Eloh's, and that if I was ever wrong about her, I must be bad. Earlier on I had no qualms about it, but the novelty has worn off, and as I said, I think Elohcin is a better player now. By now, if she has a team made up of certain people, they might devise a way to exploit my read of her. It doesn't mean I won't notice certain things, but, as I said, I'm retiring as the Elohcin expert because the pressure is annoying, prone to abuse, and at times, unfair. I figured that if I stopped doing it, people would quit asking me about it.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote:

After game after game of people depending on me to read Eloh for them, I decided I would quit doing it. It got to the point that my alignment was predicated on Eloh's, and that if I was ever wrong about her, I must be bad. Earlier on I had no qualms about it, but the novelty has worn off, and as I said, I think Elohcin is a better player now. By now, if she has a team made up of certain people, they might devise a way to exploit my read of her. It doesn't mean I won't notice certain things, but, as I said, I'm retiring as the Elohcin expert because the pressure is annoying, prone to abuse, and at times, unfair. I figured that if I stopped doing it, people would quit asking me about it.
And...so that means I'm never going to try to get her lynched ever?

You wouldn't happen to have a vested interest in keeping someone who probably isn't an old rogue around, would you?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:

And...so that means I'm never going to try to get her lynched ever?

You wouldn't happen to have a vested interest in keeping someone who probably isn't an old rogue around, would you?
No.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Epignosis wrote:
Roxy wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

You're right. Gosh, that 85% rate of success really does make me look awful. :bored:

Jeepers Epi she only made one post with one word and a letter:
Elohcin wrote:Voted H.
I mean you are good but not THAT good. I doubt your 85% success rate as well :p
;)
blindfaeth
Drug Dealer

Post by blindfaeth »

Bullzeye wrote:
blindfaeth wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
blindfaeth wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:

I'm not being dismissive. All I'm saying is that in my opinion people seem to be taking silly day-0 jokes as if they were serious comments with no intended humour. I'm not saying anyone is suspicious for doing it or that it's being done maliciously. I didn't even mention you by name yet you seem to be quite stung by my comment.
I don't know why you'd expect otherwise... I was the originator of the theory, so you don't have to specifically call out my name to get my attention.
blindfaeth
Drug Dealer

Post by blindfaeth »

Roxy wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

This is why I enjoy your company, you keep a cool open mind and perspective. Can you further explain why you don't find bullz dismissive?
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 135

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

Now this is some good day zero talk.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

TH do you believe epi about elo?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:TH do you believe epi about elo?
I don't. Elohcin was equally as inactive in LMS yesterday, though she did offer an explanation over there, and not here.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
I don't. Elohcin was equally as inactive in LMS yesterday, though she did offer an explanation over there, and not here.
What don't you believe exactly?
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Yeah I agree with you.. She just seemed like she was busy .
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Epignosis wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
I don't believe she needs to be lynched.
Sophie
The Mark
Posts in topic: 97

Post by Sophie »

blindfaeth wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
blindfaeth wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:

I have to say i agree with bf here. His thoughts about baddies trying to signal eachother has merit ansmd shouldnt be instantly dissmissed.

Besides this, and epi weird call of attention, and llama being llama, i dont think that much has been going on
Sophie
The Mark
Posts in topic: 97

Post by Sophie »

Sorry for typos im on phone
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

This is why I enjoy your company, you keep a cool open mind and perspective. Can you further explain why you don't find bullz dismissive?
I do not think Bullz was singling any one point out and seemed to be disagreeing in general (about people finding suspicions Day 0) but not dismissing yours or anyone else's for that matter. Now I think he is just having a little fun with you tbh.
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Ooopps that quote in my post is blindfaeths :)
;)
Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 91

Post by Mister Rearranger »

Chapter 1: The Case Is Open

It just so happened that one of the recipients of the mystery man’s visit was Hartley Rathaway, better known as the Pied Piper. Unbeknownst to his former partners in crime, The Rogues, Hartley had cleaned up his act in the past few years, after beginning a relationship with Detective David Singh. Hartley had found new respect for his colleague Barry Allen for keeping his romantic involvement a secret and vouching for him at the Department despite his shady background.

The note left for him by the stranger asked him to perform a very simple task. He was to choose 1 letter out of 5. No following rules were included, no chance to see his visitor again and reveal his answer. How strange…

Piper immediately showed the letter to Singh and Barry. The three men were baffled, debating the best course of action. Was this stranger a threat? Or was he simply another resident of the twin cities who was ever so slightly off his rocker? Perhaps it was just a prank of some kind? Hartley chuckled and said he picked a letter anyways, hoping their mysterious visitor would return and he’d win a prize.

The group was interrupted when a commotion broke out in the holding cells. Barry rushed down to see the jailbirds collectively mashing their hands to the walls of their cells, drawing out symbols…in what appeared to be their own blood. Hurriedly, Detective Singh recovered the keys to the cells and began calming the prisoners down. Barry had seen a lot in his time as The Flash, having met many a dangerous criminal who could also read minds, both on his own and as a part of the Justice League, so he recognized the symptoms immediately. Hell, Hartley himself once made a horde of rats perform a crude rendition of a flash mob at the Flash Museum celebrity banquet, just to send a message. But a Rogue would never kill helpless people, and this was on a whole different scale. The intent was not only malicious, but specific. The perpetrator was leaving a message for everyone in the city, Hartley included.

In each of the 5 holding cells throughout the Central City precinct (as well as 20 of the maximum security cells at Iron Heights on the other side of the river, Barry would later discover), lines were drawn across the walls, resembling a word puzzle. A name was scrawled above each one. Each bloody code had one thing in common with the others. The letter “S” appeared throughout.

Barry was shocked to see one of the names was his own! He took note that there were no word puzzles to be solved under his name, just a very chilling message. It called him out on being The Flash, and revealed how he’d been working on the side to catch Bart’s killer, without the Department’s permission. Barry wiped the message away at incredible speed, while nobody was looking.

Pied Piper left in a hurry when he saw the content of the messages. He had to warn the Rogues. Even if he worked on the other side of the law now, he still considered the group his friends and when he saw secrets about them being spilled in blood, he had to act fast.

Who was behind this dishonorable act? Was it one of his own? Was it the man who visited him last night? Questions shot in and out of the costumed vigilante’s head, ringing like bells. Hartley was sure of one thing. A man like Captain Cold won’t ask questions before shooting if he finds out somebody is trying to cause trouble in his town.

Who’s bleeding the citizens of Central City dry?
You have 48 hours to vote!

*Starting locations are being sent out...now! I've gotta resize the darn map though. D:
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 220
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Not really. I'd like to hear her response to Epi, but I'm far from convinced.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

As has already been declared, votes are changeable this game.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
I don't believe you want to lynch her because she is disinterested. You didn't have a single word to say about her until after I pointed out that she hadn't checked in, and after she commented on her Day 0 vote choice. You immediately said, "I want to lynch Elohcin", but then waited to offer any sort of explanation. I see this as a method to distract from your previous advertisement for a sidekick since that comment drew some heat. Do you still want to lynch Elohcin?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
I don't believe you want to lynch her because she is disinterested. You didn't have a single word to say about her until after I pointed out that she hadn't checked in, and after she commented on her Day 0 vote choice. You immediately said, "I want to lynch Elohcin", but then waited to offer any sort of explanation. I see this as a method to distract from your previous advertisement for a sidekick since that comment drew some heat. Do you still want to lynch Elohcin?
So you think me suspecting Elohcin of not being an old rogue based on reasons beyond her being busy (she is always busy) and not immediately offering those reasons is an attempt to distract people from something I kept doing on Day 0?

Interesting.

Do you have a vested interest in keeping someone alive who probably isn't an old rogue?
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Epi - I do not believe that on Day 0 with one word and one letter you can say with any degree of certainty that Elo is not an Old Rogue -wife or no.
MM is right you are distracting from yourself with Elo and shame on you ! :)
;)
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 245

Post by S~V~S »

Turnip Head wrote:I would like to submit my application to become Epi's sidekick!
Does this still interest you, TH? Just curious.

Linki #,Epi, I think your math is vague enough to exclude her, and almost everyone, from most groups.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Roxy wrote:Epi - I do not believe that on Day 0 with one word and one letter you can say with any degree of certainty that Elo is not an Old Rogue -wife or no.
MM is right you are distracting from yourself with Elo and shame on you ! :)
How am I distracting from myself when I have done nothing but bring attention my way?

Do you think Elohcin is even reading the thread?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Voted for Llama

ImageImage
ImageImage
Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 91

Post by Mister Rearranger »

Ok, starting locations should be out. If you did not get one, please PM me. While I go work on fixing the fancy map in a better version of Photoshop and on a better PC, I've sent everyone the preliminary map to reference. It's the exact same as the map I'll be posting, the only thing that's changed is the locations/texture will look a little better and the text for each will be more legible.

Here's the prelim for now. I'll link to it in the OP as well.

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu19 ... MapPic.jpg
We find comfort among those who agree with us - growth among those who don't.

S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 245

Re: The Flash: Battle for the Gem Cities (Day 1)

Post by S~V~S »

The tildes are up.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

DH, did you say why llama?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 454
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Mister Rearranger wrote:Barry Allen – An intelligent forensic scientist and the first Flash. Barry Role Checks a dead player every night, also picking a letter from that player’s name. The chosen letter is solved in all secret role descriptions.
So... what letter would we like Barry Allen to pick tonight, for revealed secrets? I would like to go with a vowel, maybe an A or an E.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Spacedaisy wrote:DH, did you say why llama?
I didn't.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Did you want to?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”