Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (End Game)

Moderator: Community Team

Game End!

Thank you
29%
for playing
20%
See you in number 5?
31%
aapje is too busy but he'll try to keep up....
11%
like every other time I make him play.
9%

Total votes: 45
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 297
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Re: Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (Night 6)

Post by Scotty »

Ricochet wrote:Stats-wise, I have Bubbles at 5 votes (Canuck, LA, Timmer, Devin, Spacedaisy...all of them in a row, actually when Wilgy posted and voted Timmer (he later switched to SVS).
Ah yes, thank you for checking my work. I did indeed forget timmer since he changed it to Devin later on.

So 5.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Scotty wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Stats-wise, I have Bubbles at 5 votes (Canuck, LA, Timmer, Devin, Spacedaisy...all of them in a row, actually when Wilgy posted and voted Timmer (he later switched to SVS).
Ah yes, thank you for checking my work. I did indeed forget timmer since he changed it to Devin later on.

So 5.
I mean he changed it to DP, not Devin.

thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 252

Post by thellama73 »

I'm going to vote for position 2, because I don't like either lynch/nk protect for the two bad teams.

A bit confused about why people are suggesting the lynch (or lack thereof) wasn't the result of a switch.
1. There was an active lynch switch power last night. Why wouldn't it be used?
2. What do we gain by saying it wasn't a lynch switch? What's the point of that?
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 393

Post by Ricochet »

thellama73 wrote:I'm going to vote for position 2, because I don't like either lynch/nk protect for the two bad teams.

A bit confused about why people are suggesting the lynch (or lack thereof) wasn't the result of a switch.
2. What do we gain by saying it wasn't a lynch switch? What's the point of that?
You prefer having another lynch switch for the second Day in a row?

:SVS:
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Ricochet wrote:
thellama73 wrote:I'm going to vote for position 2, because I don't like either lynch/nk protect for the two bad teams.

Yeah, that sucks too, but if the baddies are immune to kills, how are going to get them?
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

thellama73 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:

Yeah, that sucks too, but if the baddies are immune to kills, how are going to get them?
at least we'll be able to lunch someone with less interference/lynch blocking.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Where the hell is Bass 2.0?!

Why does Syn want position 2?

When is lunch?

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

thellama73 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:

There's always compromise needed in choosing a position, but I'd rather go on the other side for tomorrow, for the reason I already stated. Another lynch switch in a row, this time from the Uzbaddie no less, sounds a bit extreme.

Only one of the two bad leaders are immune with position 1 or 3, alternatively; not "baddies" plural.

Besides, if we don't "get" a baddie immune to the lynch, we could potentially out him when the lynch fails, no?
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Scotty wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:

at least we'll be able to lunch someone with less interference/lynch blocking.
Each baddie group needs the other baddie group dead to win, so there is a good chance that the lynch will switch from one baddie team (or a civvie, or a neutral) to the other baddie team.

At least that is what I'm hoping. :shrug:

linki: The "outing" angle is a pretty good point, Rico. I hadn't thought of that.

Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 41

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

I'm here did the phase end early?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:I'm here did the phase end early?
What are you talking about?
aapje
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 141

Re: Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (Day 6)

Post by aapje »

LoRab wrote:A few thoughts, then responses. I find it fascinating that synonym goes from I'm new here to nothing for 6 days, to I don't really understand the game. And then, 12 hours later, to make 4 posts within an hour on SVS. With some caveats of--well, I could be wrong and it could be nothing...I don't really know her and haven't played with her, so I could be off base, but this is what I see from baddies. His accusations ring false to me, and it seems odd to me to go from zero to fangs out. I also believe that baddies who replace in often use the time they can to avoid being caught up while they catch up in BTSC. My eyeball is moving towards synonym's direction.
This also caught my eye.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I'm not accustomed to tracking votes like many of you folks do since we handle them so differently on RYM. This might be a good time for an aapje chart. ;)
I copied over the day 5 votes with the day 6 votes before realising I hadn't actually entered them into my spreadsheet yet, but if anyone has them I could graph them for you.
Waiting for the picture of the day 6 poll before I'll make that one.

As for the lynch, not totally unexpected that it was switched I guess. Still it is annoying that so many positions screw with the lynches. If I had been around at the end I doubt I would have voted for Wilgy.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

I feel deciding which position to vote tonights borders into overthinking, because all of them have consequences. I'm going to write off position 2 completely, though, because I definitely don't want another lynch switch for a second consecutive day. I think we'll be heading into D7 with a lot of manipulated votes by default (Ahriman will have a triple vote, Azura will force three players' votes, Master of Ancient Arts's three protected players will start the day with 3 votes), so position 3 would just add to the bonfire with Uzblo's lockdown, Azura being lynch free or Windscout doubling certain votes. Position 1 has more diverse target manipulations, Ubuntz is lynch free and the Judge can end Day early, an application I wasn't a fan of the first time. But overall I'll go with position 1 (milder vote manipulation, milder damage done by the bad leaders) and hope the Judge with time it wisely this time.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Ricochet wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:I'm here did the phase end early?
What are you talking about?
I thought the vote was due tonight.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Nope.
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 176

Post by Draconus »

Voted 3. Now for an attempt at catching.

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Voted 1
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 161
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Still not quite sure how this lynch switch happened. I'm drunk. It's my first day off in 2 weeks I went with 3 because it seems like lots of peeps find it less offensive than the other options.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 279

Post by S~V~S »

I voted for 3, I forgot to vote this morning.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 177

Post by DrWilgy »

Wilgy runs back to his friends. "Everyone! I'm back!", he shouts with a big smile on his face.
I survived!! I don't know by what means, nor am I caught up yet. I was enjoying myself on a river toobing today! I'll try to figure out what's going on soon as I can!

Wilgy bows and thanks the gods of rice and agriculture.

Immunity sucks, Ububuzazayaya having a lynch switch sucks more. I think we are also more likely to catch Ubwahananer, so let's go with 3.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 161
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:Voted 1
Why?
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 108
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (Night 6 End)

Post by Long Con »

The Lifeforce Runs Strong

""Forgive the level of wariness here," sighed Terras, walking with DharmaHelper to the edge of the forest, to meet back up with the main road. "It seems as though death is around every corner these days. You truly cannot be too careful."

"I appreciate your hospitality, Bastion of Hope," said DH warmly. Your land here is truly beautiful, it would be unforgivable if anything were to-" DH was cut off at that point when an arrow shot out of the shadows straight for his head. Terras, with feline speed and grace, reached up and grabbed the arrow in midflight, stopping it the moment before it impaled DH's left eye. Instantly, Terras' soldiers drew their weapons, half forming a protective circle around the pair, and the other half rushing toward the archer.

Before they could make it to the mysterious bowman, he had leapt atop a black mount and fled down the road at top speed, ducking and weaving to prevent himself from getting an arrow in the back.

Terras raised an eyebrow. "You truly cannot be too careful," he repeated, looking at the arrow. "Black fletching... this was one of Ubzargan's men." He put a hand on DH's shoulder. "I would advise you to find a man named Tenquist. He is very old, and knows much. He may have some answers for you. Stay safe on your journey."

JaggedJimmyJay looked back over the events of the day, wondering how he had gotten to where he was. At this moment, where he was was trapped by the neck in a makeshift guillotine built by the infamous and sadistic Brutal Executioner. He struggled and pulled, but he couldn't move anything, and all he got for his efforts were some splinters in his neck. "Well," he thought, "I won't have to worry about them getting infected!"

In spite of his grave situation, JJJ laughed out loud at the thought, drawing some strange looks from the Warriors that stood by, waiting for the day's execution. The Executioner pulled a lever to release the heavy blade, and JimmyJay's last thought was, "What? He's not even giving me some last words??"

The blade thundered down, but it hit the stocks JJJ was locked into, instead of falling past them and through his tender neck. The wood shattered and broke, and JJJ was thrown back by the impact, free from the guillotine's deadly hold. The Brutal Executioner seemed dismayed, rushing up to the guillotine with a hand on his head to inspect the damage.

JaggedJimmyJay wasted no time, and got up to run away into the night. He ducked down an alleyway, and then another, zig-zagging his way away from the scene of his near-death experience. Once he was many blocks away, he slowed down and breathed a sigh of relief. Rounding one more corner, however, he was met by a shadowy mercenary, who jammed a stiletto up under JJJ's ribs, finding his heart.

"Death's sweet embrace longed for you tonight," whispered the killer. "You mustn't keep her waiting!"

DharmaHelper was not killed by Ubzargan. JaggedJimmyJay was not killed by the Brutal Executioner, but he WAS killed by the Rogue Mercenary.

It is now Day 7. The Position for this next phase is 3. I'm going to lock the thread while I take care of some business, very briefly.
Long Con
So Divine

Recruitment Mafia IV: Night 6 Position Poll

Post by Long Con »

Long Con
So Divine

Re: Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (Day 7)

Post by Long Con »

Ok, post away, players! There are still some PMs to send out about night results, but my eyes are closing involuntarily, and BR has been asleep for half an hour. Please be patient, and we'll work it out as soon as we wake tomorrow morning!
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

1. Ubzagosh is a fucking idiot for trying to kill DH again, seeing as his lynch failed the first time.
2. DH seems to be traveling with Terras, and I KNOW LC said not to look into the flavor text, but that's the second time he blatantly saved him. I mean, come on.
3. JJJ RIP. Seems half the town wanted you dead, and I guess someone got it.
4. Can we kill Ubzeitgeist today before I run out of names to give him please?
5. Voting DrWilgy.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Roxy wrote:You are right scotty - I should not be surprised where you are concerned. You have already proclaimed JJJ not worth looking at.
Don't think I've forgotten about you.

You haven't answered why you were blatantly wrong.

You haven't posted since this post Friday afternoon.

I don't like your attitude. I think you are bad.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Scotty wrote:1. Ubzagosh is a fucking idiot for trying to kill DH again, seeing as his lynch failed the first time.
2. DH seems to be traveling with Terras, and I KNOW LC said not to look into the flavor text, but that's the second time he blatantly saved him. I mean, come on.
5. Voting DrWilgy.
1. & 2. I am an idiot. Terras can only save on a lynch. Carry on being bad, Mr. Ubzilla sir.
3. Rogue Mercenary could be anyone. Would it make sense for one of the JJJ detractors to be him? WIFOM. Could be a random shot looking to frame.
4. Please.
5. :nicenod:

timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 119

Post by timmer »

Scotty, I read and also came to the conclusion that Ubbz made a weird choice last night (though I won't call him an idiot, lol?). I'm not going to expand much on why I feel that way, but I think I'm starting to get a bit of a handle on certain people in this game. I'm going to reset my opinion on a few players and see who pushes what for now, but after work tomorrow I'll maybe start to do some pushing of my own.
My siggie.
DharmaHelper
Posts in topic: 363

Post by DharmaHelper »

Nice one.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 126
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Finally home--was AFK all day (for really good reasons...breakfast with an old friend, a manicure, a nice drive, and then the Oddball Comedy Festival. All good stuff. At my parents' place tonight. Hanging out here for the day, having dinenr with a friend, and then I'll be home. So will have real time at keyboard to mafia tomorrow night and Monday, mostly. I might be able to sneak in some reading up on the thread during the afternoon.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 162
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Huh, interesting night. Bye JJJ.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Wow, the nights are turning bloody; three kill attempts and it'll only be this way (plus extra vigi ones), unless we start capturing some of them. Farewell JJJ, sorry to see you were double targeted. No breaks on the Rogue SK train.

Good to see the other kills failed, otherwise. Uzboing's blunder does make me wonder if he (and his team) is (are) the type to look into events closely or is (are) making rather unstrategic moves, prone to clumsiness.
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 240
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

Scotty wrote:
Roxy wrote:You are right scotty - I should not be surprised where you are concerned. You have already proclaimed JJJ not worth looking at.

I am so happy you have not forgotten about me :bliss:

And yes I will admit I have you confused with another player - but I am not sorry as I explained earlier my m,eds make my hed completely fuzzy so some things are bound to be mixed up by me.

Sorry I post when I can and when I feel up to it. I am not on YOUR timetable I am on my own schedule thank you very kindly :cloud9:

Yah I admit my attitude sometimes sucks especially when I don't feel good - but just know in advance I am sorry if I offend anyone with my attitude. I def do not mean to.

But maybe you can explain EXACTLY how my attitude makes me bad? Bc tbh I am unrecruited Neutral.
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Scotty wrote:1. Ubzagosh is a fucking idiot for trying to kill DH again, seeing as his lynch failed the first time.
5. Voting DrWilgy.

I do not think anyone who plays on this site is an idiot tbf. :noble:
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Roxy wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:Vote registered for Boomslang
Why? You haven't mentioned Boomslang in your posts since Day 5 at least.
I read his posts and I think he's on Team Uzzy.
I am quite surprised neither of you have commented on the drastic change in JJJ's game.
1.) What is the drastic change? Give me details. I'm starting to think you're making this up. If you're not then I'd like to state that you're making zero effort whatsoever to read my content through a non-baddie lens -- exactly the accusation you've [wrongly] applied to me w/r/t Boomslang and Bass.

2.) That you specifically elected to express "surprise" to these two people makes very little sense. After only you, Turnip has probably been my biggest detractor in this game so far. You literally couldn't pick a worse player to accuse of not commenting on me. Scotty and I have also engaged in quite a lot of dialogue and I don't think he has been inclined to read me positively or negatively. What was the purpose of this post Roxy?
Hi.
I was surprised bc they both have said negative things inre: You. I think the drastic changed happened just before 2 game days ago. You tone changed and the vibe you began putting off was nothing like the semi - neutral vibe you were giving previously.
I do not think I could have picked two better people to call out bc of their thoughts they had previously given - why not push harder on you? Just bc you were silenced should not have silenced their opinions imo.
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Immediate thought about the attempted lynch of DrWilgy:

It stunk. I hated the lynch all day phase long and wished I could do something about it. Numerous people seemed to reduce the case for DrWilgy merely to WIFOM: "would a baddie defend his team mate so hard???"

I think this is inadequate because it doesn't respect what I perceive to be the most important variable: the likelihood that DrWilgy's defenses of TinyBubbles were going to motivate a lynch of someone else instead of TinyBubbles -- likelihood that I'd call infinitesimal. He didn't merely defend her hard, he did so when it was pointless. Is that how baddies behave? Maybe in some universes, but not terribly many of them in my experience. His hard-headed defense of Bubbles when she was already the clear lynch suggests to me that he really did believe in his defense of her and was stubbornly pressing it into the thread -- indicative of someone not on her team.

I could be wrong about that. I don't know. The fact that the lynch didn't actually take place is also a relevant factor that I will mull over that moving forward. For now though my stance remains that DrWilgy is not on team Ubzuccini.

While I did not vote Dr W I did find him suspicious but not bc of the reasons you list - but bc of the way his posting style changed since the first day or two. I think it is bc he got recruited and more comfortable bc of the btsc. Ergo he posted more and also had content (something his earlier posts lacked)
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Now that I am caught up I realize JJJ is dead - sorry for my redundant posts.
;)
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Wow, what a night. RIP JJJ. That's a loss to the game. I thought DH was bad anyway, so :shrug:

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Although now that I look at the roles, I'm not sure I think that anymore.

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 357
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

RIP Jay. :rip:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 357
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

The zombie bar is where it's at though. :beer:
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Who should I vote for... :ponder:

Not the Doc.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

thellama73 wrote:Although now that I look at the roles, I'm not sure I think that anymore.

:ponder:

What suddenly changed your mind?
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

DharmaHelper wrote:Who should I vote for... :ponder:

Not the Doc.

I am reading Timmer right now - he is stuck in my craw :stare:
;)
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I think I might vote SVS.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

DharmaHelper wrote:I think I might vote SVS.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Roxy wrote:
thellama73 wrote:Although now that I look at the roles, I'm not sure I think that anymore.

:ponder:

What suddenly changed your mind?
An analysis of what has happened to DH recently in comparison with the active role powers.

Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

tbh she is on my to re-read list. I was not feeling that this is her baddie game but I am willing to reconsider with a re-read to see if i have changed my mind.

Linkys - thanks for the response llama - noted.
;)
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Roxy wrote:
Scotty wrote:

I am so happy you have not forgotten about me :bliss:

And yes I will admit I have you confused with another player - but I am not sorry as I explained earlier my m,eds make my hed completely fuzzy so some things are bound to be mixed up by me.

Sorry I post when I can and when I feel up to it. I am not on YOUR timetable I am on my own schedule thank you very kindly :cloud9:

Yah I admit my attitude sometimes sucks especially when I don't feel good - but just know in advance I am sorry if I offend anyone with my attitude. I def do not mean to.

But maybe you can explain EXACTLY how my attitude makes me bad? Bc tbh I am unrecruited Neutral.
Roxy wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Roxy wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:Vote registered for Boomslang
Why? You haven't mentioned Boomslang in your posts since Day 5 at least.
I read his posts and I think he's on Team Uzzy.
I am quite surprised neither of you have commented on the drastic change in JJJ's game.
1.) What is the drastic change? Give me details. I'm starting to think you're making this up. If you're not then I'd like to state that you're making zero effort whatsoever to read my content through a non-baddie lens -- exactly the accusation you've [wrongly] applied to me w/r/t Boomslang and Bass.

2.) That you specifically elected to express "surprise" to these two people makes very little sense. After only you, Turnip has probably been my biggest detractor in this game so far. You literally couldn't pick a worse player to accuse of not commenting on me. Scotty and I have also engaged in quite a lot of dialogue and I don't think he has been inclined to read me positively or negatively. What was the purpose of this post Roxy?
Hi.
I was surprised bc they both have said negative things inre: You. I think the drastic changed happened just before 2 game days ago. You tone changed and the vibe you began putting off was nothing like the semi - neutral vibe you were giving previously.
I do not think I could have picked two better people to call out bc of their thoughts they had previously given - why not push harder on you? Just bc you were silenced should not have silenced their opinions imo.
Again, WHO are you talking about? And why call out 2 people (whoever that lucky 2nd contestant is), 1 of which was definitely a detractor of JJJ like he says, out of the blue for not "pushing harder"? Why not call DrWilgy out on doing the exact same thing to Sorsha? It sounds like you just really wanted JJJ killed, and tried to get some rallying support by reproaching some people that had called him out previously.

You can blame meds on your combative behavior all you want, but your accusations have lacked as much air as Tom Brady's footballs.
I once took Ecstasy in a London club, and while I danced with some people I really would have preferred not to dance with, I still knew what I was doing.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Why? :ponder:

Return to “Previous Jobs”