Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (End Game)

Moderator: Community Team

Game End!

Thank you
29%
for playing
20%
See you in number 5?
31%
aapje is too busy but he'll try to keep up....
11%
like every other time I make him play.
9%

Total votes: 45
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 393

Re: Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (Day 7)

Post by Ricochet »

LoRab wrote:
Ricochet wrote:You had a chance to suspect me for my rezz or my replies on it, LoRab, you asked me, then we exchanged posts about different things and now you're back on that matter after appje brought it up. That's not "I didn't get a chance to articulate before he did", the window of opportunity is too large for that to be genuine.

I get that you think an aligned rezzer would not rezz an unknown, but you also state that neither would an unaligned rezzer. So who would an unrecruited rezzer rezz in your view, if he for sure wouldn't rezz an unknown? Isn't everybody "unknown" to him, if he's unrecruited?
Even if you don't think I'm being genuine, I am. Sometimes, I think about things before I come to conclusions, so the too much time doesn't make sense. And yes, aaple posted what I had been thinking, but I hadn't posted yet. You don't have to believe me, but it's the truth. But keep convincing yourself that I'm not legitimately coming to conclusions, even if they are different from yours or if I don't say them the very second I say them.

And if I were an unrecruited rezzer, I'd either not use my power, use it on someone I truly enjoy playing with/a friend. In the case of this game, tbh, I'd likely use it on Typh, based on the numerical thought that he was likely unrecruited and the number of players (and the host) that expressed sadness he was out of the game so early.
Yep, I can't say I believe you, in this case. I think that, the way you picked on me so far, if you were dissatisfied with my response to your inquiry, you would have duly responded. It would have been an easy conclusion to come to, by your standards, not really something to "think about" for a long time.

Well, I'm glad you're not the Shaman, in that case, or I'd be still dead.
Nicol Bolas
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 10
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Nicol Bolas »

I am voting for Synonym. Although I have not yet had the chance to say a lot, he has had plenty of time and has not said much.

Vote: Synonym
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 297
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

I see we're still neck and neck with TH and Wilgy. Sounds good to me!
I hit a bases-clearing RBI triple that turned into a HR when the italian ice cart girl walking across the outfield was beaned with my ball. We have a rule that if you hit a person who is blatantly disregarding the game being played, then it's an auto-homerun :dark:

In RE: Rico rezzing, I think it is supes suspicious, and it wouldn't surprise me if the Elder Shaman was recruited. Whether or not that role is civ or bad is yet to be determined. I don't notice a shift in what Rico is saying now in relation to before he died. He actually reads genuine to me, which has me scratching my head if he really is unrecruited what the rezzer had in mind.

In RE: Raven Messenger- I'd like to buy a bird. How much?
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 252

Post by thellama73 »

Scotty wrote: In RE: Rico rezzing, I think it is supes suspicious, and it wouldn't surprise me if the Elder Shaman was recruited. Whether or not that role is civ or bad is yet to be determined. I don't notice a shift in what Rico is saying now in relation to before he died. He actually reads genuine to me, which has me scratching my head if he really is unrecruited what the rezzer had in mind.
I feel certain Rico has been recruited, but since I don't know whether he's on a good or bad team, I'm not comfortable voting him yet.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 279

Post by S~V~S »

Well, more than 50% of recruited by this time would be civ, i would think. So :shrug2:

I had pretty good feels from Rico before he died, and I agree that he seems about the same.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Nicol Bolas
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Nicol Bolas »

Scotty wrote:I see we're still neck and neck with TH and Wilgy. Sounds good to me!
I hit a bases-clearing RBI triple that turned into a HR when the italian ice cart girl walking across the outfield was beaned with my ball. We have a rule that if you hit a person who is blatantly disregarding the game being played, then it's an auto-homerun :dark:

In RE: Rico rezzing, I think it is supes suspicious, and it wouldn't surprise me if the Elder Shaman was recruited. Whether or not that role is civ or bad is yet to be determined. I don't notice a shift in what Rico is saying now in relation to before he died. He actually reads genuine to me, which has me scratching my head if he really is unrecruited what the rezzer had in mind.

In RE: Raven Messenger- I'd like to buy a bird. How much?
My birds are not for sale. I care about them far too much to trust them with another.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Well, I'm noticing that appje, LoRab and SVS share similar ideas on the connotations of a rezz (stuff like automatic recruitment, unannounced recruitment or "secret team") and the motivations of an recruited or unrecuited rezzer (the latter two are even synchronous in saying they'd either abstain from rezzing or rezz Typh the fun chap, heh). I guess it comes with past experience. I declare myself at a loss with this and with no prior experience to think about such connotations. I simply declared what happened, what my status is once returned and how little I can project of the Shaman's intentions. Make of it what you will.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Keeper Of Ravens wrote:I am voting for Synonym. Although I have not yet had the chance to say a lot, he has had plenty of time and has not said much.

Ok...Make sure you actually vote though.

Otherwise it just looks like you posted in the wrong account and are actually Rico.

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Keeper Of Ravens wrote: My birds are not for sale. I care about them far too much to trust them with another.
If you love something, you should let it go.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Scotty wrote:
Keeper Of Ravens wrote:I am voting for Synonym. Although I have not yet had the chance to say a lot, he has had plenty of time and has not said much.

Otherwise it just looks like you posted in the wrong account and are actually Rico.
Lol no. I voted since yesterday.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

thellama73 wrote:
Keeper Of Ravens wrote: My birds are not for sale. I care about them far too much to trust them with another.
If you love something, you should let it go.
The snow glows white on the mountain tonight, not a footprint to be seen...

linki: yea I know. Does anyone know if players that can post in thread are allowed to go in and out throughout the day of their actual account, and can both of them vote?

I'm very unfamiliar with, I think I've heard, "puppet accounts".

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Ricochet wrote:Well, I'm noticing that appje, LoRab and SVS share similar ideas on the connotations of a rezz (stuff like automatic recruitment, unannounced recruitment or "secret team") and the motivations of an recruited or unrecuited rezzer (the latter two are even synchronous in saying they'd either abstain from rezzing or rezz Typh the fun chap, heh). I guess it comes with past experience. I declare myself at a loss with this and with no prior experience to think about such connotations. I simply declared what happened, what my status is once returned and how little I can project of the Shaman's intentions. Make of it what you will.
We all come from the same place :shrug2: and while I missed the first World Apart game, I think that was 2007 or 2008, I did not start playing util 2009, otherwise I am fairly sure I have played all the games of these hosts. I think Lorab HAS played all of them, not sure about aapje.

I did not play the LOST game with the secret animal team, but it was legendary. I had a secret team in American Gods. It happens.

Linki, it depends on the host.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

thellama73 wrote:
Scotty wrote: In RE: Rico rezzing, I think it is supes suspicious, and it wouldn't surprise me if the Elder Shaman was recruited. Whether or not that role is civ or bad is yet to be determined. I don't notice a shift in what Rico is saying now in relation to before he died. He actually reads genuine to me, which has me scratching my head if he really is unrecruited what the rezzer had in mind.
I feel certain Rico has been recruited, but since I don't know whether he's on a good or bad team, I'm not comfortable voting him yet.
I never joke with claiming survival is my current win con and death will make me lose the game unconditionally. Everyone can trust this or not, that's totally fair within the game, but I never did abuse such claims and never plan to, because it's something I consider I have to be upright about.
Nicol Bolas
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Nicol Bolas »

Scotty wrote:

Thank you for the reminder.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

I can't say I object to the Syn votes growing. You in, SVS?

Also, I now realize Tranq likely voted Wilgy because Wilgy voted Tranq, but it'd be still nice to hear from Tranq. They can't be both silenced, right? Or maybe Chaos Dancer's binding implies they could?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Yeah, i think I will vote for Synonym. I don't love the No U aspect of this, but he posted a flawed case, then did not stick around to discuss it with me. Plus Russti pretty clearly was playing a blendy game and was doing so from the opening bell. I feel more strongly abou this than about TH and convenient or not, I don't like voting for the silenced.

*Votes Synonym*
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 363

Post by DharmaHelper »

I think I might try voting with SVS instead of for SVS.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 176

Post by Draconus »

I think I've changed my vote 3 times now. I want it to be worth something but I also don't want to vote a potentially silenced player. I've been in those shoes before. voted synonym. This is a sloppy :parrot: vote but I've been sick for 2 days now.

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 176

Post by Draconus »

That was supposed to be : parrot : obviously.

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Five votes piled onto Synonym within a half an hour? That's a little :eye:

Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 181

Post by Black Rock »

Hi dear players. I hope you had a fun Labour Day weekend. I worked but had a blast. I see falling asleep and letting LC do the poll puts my name on it. I am doing a lot of catch up and have some work to do so you guys have a nice organized game.
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Ricochet wrote:
Also, I now realize Tranq likely voted Wilgy because Wilgy voted Tranq, but it'd be still nice to hear from Tranq. They can't be both silenced, right? Or maybe Chaos Dancer's binding implies they could?
Wait, what am I on? Tranq voted Tim. Ignore this nonsense. I should go to sleep.
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

I would very much like to end the lynch early, it ends at 1am or something my time and I hope to be snuggled into bed with a rye and a movie by then. What do you think about 3 hours from now? Discuss.
ImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 155

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Sorry I still haven't been around much. Working in retail on a national holiday weekend isn't the most fun/exciting of times. I work early tomorrow, and then have the following 2 days off. I promise I am keeping up, but due to lack of time and energy, I'm not contributing much. Hopefully in the next 24-48 hours, I will be able to start changing that.

I agree with what llama just said. All these Synonym votes from out of nowhere feel very off to me. I will not be voting for him at this time.

I also will not be voting for TH at this time. The case against him from Scotty actually makes me feel it's more likely TH is neutral.

Wilgy on the other hand survives a lynch via a switch, and then just happens to be "silenced" today. I didn't think a potential teammate of Bubbles would defend her the way he did, but given what has happened since EoD on Day 6, I no longer feel as confident about Wilgy as I did before. I think it more like he's Captain Uzi or on that team.

Votes DrWilgy

Linkis galore: I'm fine ending the lynch before 1AM if all the votes are in earlier. Or even most of them. Mine is about to be in anyway. :P
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

thellama73 wrote:Five votes piled onto Synonym within a half an hour? That's a little :eye:
Well, i don't feel comfortable about voting Wilgy or TH tbh. I do feel good about Rico & (ironically) DH. I have no reason not to trust the Keeper. Not sure why Wilgy piled on, or Devin, though.

What are your thoughts on Synonym?

Linki @BR :hugs: whatever works for you :)
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

I can't stay for the next 3 hours, let alone the six hours until initial deadline, so no objections here.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Black Rock wrote:I would very much like to end the lynch early, it ends at 1am or something my time and I hope to be snuggled into bed with a rye and a movie by then. What do you think about 3 hours from now? Discuss.
Fine by me. I like to see the lynch post before I go to bed, rather than wake up to it.

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

S~V~S wrote:
thellama73 wrote:Five votes piled onto Synonym within a half an hour? That's a little :eye:
Well, i don't feel comfortable about voting Wilgy or TH tbh. I do feel good about Rico & (ironically) DH. I have no reason not to trust the Keeper. Not sure why Wilgy piled on, or Devin, though.

I don't really think anything about him, as he has barely posted. He seems like a non-entity to me, and while I am fine with killing off low-posters in general, I am a little more concerned about finding the really dangerous bad guys at this point. Their powers scare me.

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

thellama73 wrote:
S~V~S wrote:

I don't really think anything about him, as he has barely posted. He seems like a non-entity to me, and while I am fine with killing off low-posters in general, I am a little more concerned about finding the really dangerous bad guys at this point. Their powers scare me.
He does not interest me via being a low poster; he interests me as Russti was playing a pretty baddie game from the opening bell. And by his vote post being a justification for a vote. A civvie would actually care enought to pay attention, whereas a baddies motto is "Whatever so long as it isn't us".
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 108
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Oopsie! Were you guys done talking about that? The thread has been locked!

Linki: Hey there Mod person. Locked Thread! :suspish:
Long Con
So Divine

Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (Day 7 Lynch)

Post by Long Con »

Lighting the Way

Azura's monster had been rampaging for days, targeting strongholds that were known to sympathize with leaders other than Azura herself. In one such stronghold, Golun Tirinnith, the residents watched with fear as the beast approached.

DrWilgy sat inside, crosslegged on a small mat, meditating as the commotion grew louder outside his door. The door then slammed open, and a friend came in, frantic. "Come on, Wilgy, we have to flee!"

DrWilgy did not respond.

"Are you deaf, it's the Chuddekon!" shouted the friend. "We have to go, or there's no way-" He fell silent as DrWilgy held up a hand sharply.

"The Way?" DrWilgy's eyes opened, and they were glowing with a soft white light. "I have found The Way."

The friend moved back in awe as DrWilgy stood.

"Open the door."

Wilgy strode confidently out of Golun Tirinnith, where the Chuddekon was closing in quickly. Azura saw him coming, and shouted at him derisively. "You wish to die before your friends, follower of Ahriman?" She laughed. "I will be glad to honour your request!"

"You have captured a soul that does not belong to you," replied DrWilgy. "And I no longer follow Ahriman's tenets. It is under Caelia that I have found my true purpose!" He spread his arms wide as the Chuddekon lashed out a black tentacle and wrapped it about his waist, lifting him into the air.

DrWilgy looked into its golden glowing eyes, and spoke softly. "You have lost your Way, friend. I am here to help you lead you back into the light." DrWilgy's entire body began to glow white, and tendrils of light wrapped around the gigantic beast, whose face was slack and unmoving.

"Stop!" shouted Azura, firing a bolt of energy at Wilgy, but it was diffused upon contact with him.

"Let us walk this path together," he said, and the white glow increased, and increased again, until he was blinding to look at.

When the glow had faded, the body of the Chuddekon lay on its side, lifeless. It quickly began to decay and crumble into ash, while Azura cursed.

DrWilgy has been lynched. He was the Seeker of the Way, and was recruited to Team Caelia.

It is now Night 7. The Position is 3.
DharmaHelper

Re: Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (Night 7)

Post by DharmaHelper »

Bummer, Man.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 357
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Good game, Dr. Wilgy.

Here, have a zombie beer. :beer:
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

No bullshit night skippy? Nice.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

:shrug2:

ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

DharmaHelper wrote:Bummer, Man.
Bummer indeed.

Long Con
So Divine

Re: Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (Locked)

Post by Long Con »

Night has been ended early. The thread has been locked while we get things ready for Day 8.
Long Con
So Divine

Re: Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (Locked)

Post by Long Con »

Even the Pure of Heart

"She may have her flaws," said the Keeper of Ravens, "But she certainly learns from her mistakes."

"You think Caelia did this?" replied the Warden of the Inner Eye. "What makes you so sure?" He looked down at the body before them, a lifeless husk.

"My birds see much," replied the Keeper with a wink. "And look to the east - the sun rises already."

"Indeed," said the Warden. "As the Judge decrees. Working with Caelia, then?"

"Or Caelia is just that good," smiled the Keeper, who then paused in dismay. "Oh... I recognize that family crest now. This was S~V~S."

"She will be missed. I hope Caelia knew what she was doing."

S~V~S has been killed by Caelia. It is now Day 8. Position 1 is active.
DharmaHelper

Re: Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (Day 8)

Post by DharmaHelper »

ImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

RIP Wilgy and SVS

I'm sorry Wilgy. Will you ever forgive me? I went deep down that tunnel and never came back. I probably would have changed the vote back to you there at the end as well, but my draft ran over. So that makes me feel even worse.

True to my word, I'm taking full responsibility for leading that choo choo train yesterday.

Does anyone have the final vote tally? I missed the last 6 hours.

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 162
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

whoa. That sucks. Sorry Wilgy. :(

And bye/ripiywg SVS.

Position 1 was just chosen for us, huh? ok...
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

nutella wrote:whoa. That sucks. Sorry Wilgy. :(

And bye/ripiywg SVS.

Position 1 was just chosen for us, huh? ok...
There was one vote, we will post the poll shortly.
ImageImage
DrWilgy
Posts in topic: 177

Post by DrWilgy »

I was going to write something up for my own death, but Long Con, you have honored me greatly. Thanks!!!

A ghostly Wilgy appears with wings and a halo, "Bye friends! See you next time!" and flies after MP.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Some observations:
-The Supreme Judge is still kicking, so thankfully we don't have to experience that shitty dragon, whatever that means.
-The Judge sniped it once again, mysteriously as
a) Caelia had enough time in that 15 min window to send in her kill
b) DH had enough time to sneak in the position 1 vote

Are Supreme Judge/DH on Caelia's team? I'd be willing to say probably.

-The thread was locked at 7:20, 10 minutes after BWT placed a vote on Wilgy. This might be important in looking at that vote tally to figure out why they wanted that thread ended at that time. Was BWT the majority vote over TH? Or is it a red herring?
-As a silver lining to Wilgy's lynch, we now know a cleared civ. While a dead civ is never a good thing, it will hopefully us some info, especially knowing that he was a tracker, and could have tracked at least 3-4 times over the course of the game. I'll look at that and see if he left any hints.
-Now knowing that Wilgy was tracker, it would make sense for him to defend Bubbles, in a sense, if he tracked her the night before. Her action that phase was in position 2 if I recall (Day 4) where she, as Magnetarch, repelled votes. To the tracker, the target was random (odds are, not on whomever was killed that night) and so it could have looked less suspicious if he had tracked her then.
-Or Wilgy just has a heart and saw that someone that in his opinion needed a public defender.
Scotty looks down at his hands, shaking. There was no blood there, but he begins wringing them as if there is. Out of the corner of his eye he spots a discarded Penguin suit. Extra small. Inspired, he discards his clothes, climbs into the spandex with a snap, cutting off his circulation. He takes out his phone and calls his mother- someone he hasn't called in years. Waddling back in forth between the coughs and sniffs like an emotional distraught dog, he drops the phone and sets out on a journey to hug someone. Anyone.

-I've been feeling immense pressure from the outside. I died in 2 of my other mafia games, so that helps my sanity. I'm going to start calming my shit over the next few days in looking too closely at people. I almost feel like gliding along like some folks have been doing. It seems easier and apparently it's not dangerous looking to be doing so (according to llama).

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I'm very interested in who will get lynched today.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Or maybe I'm disinterested.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Other bits:
-I would gather that the Druidic Elder, who switched Wilgy's on Day 7, is probably good, and would make sense being on team Caelia. I can't see a situation where he is bad. Maybe unrecruited, but even then, why switch it?
-Seems Azura didn't get their kill in, which is welcome. But the Wilgy lynch where that Cthulu creature is destroyed by Wilgy's energy is good I guess? Could just be flavor text.
-SVS is clearly not on team Caelia. And she was not Azura herself (immunity last night). The question is- was she on team Ahriman, unrecruited, or baddie?

linki- I'm gonna hedge my bets and say both

Long Con
So Divine

Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (Day 7 Lynch Poll)

Post by Long Con »

Long Con
So Divine

Recruitment Mafia IV (Night 7 Position Poll)

Post by Long Con »

Return to “Previous Jobs”