Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (End Game)

Moderator: Community Team

Game End!

Thank you
29%
for playing
20%
See you in number 5?
31%
aapje is too busy but he'll try to keep up....
11%
like every other time I make him play.
9%

Total votes: 45
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 363

Re: Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (Day 9)

Post by DharmaHelper »

Hey aapje do you think Rico was rezzcruited? :haha: :haha:
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 393

Post by Ricochet »

DharmaHelper wrote:Hey aapje do you think Rico was rezzcruited? :haha: :haha:
He obviously does, but it's "because reasons".
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Ricochet wrote:
Well that worked out for him last game so I can see why he'd want to try that again :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 472
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

DharmaHelper wrote:We should lynch you tbqh
We should lynch you for realzies today Survivor Man.

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Turnip Head wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:What happened to your suspicions of JJJ and rey from the early Days?
Isn't Jay dead? Should we still be suspecting him? :confused:
No. I should have rather put it "after [suspecting them] the early Days".

Read my re-read of her. That's what I'm referencing. For a player never letting up on suspicions, she suspected them and then the suspicions vanished.
I could see the LoRab and Rey being recruited to the same team angle but I don't feel strongly about it; Rey fell off the face of the earth. But I'm sure you've noticed Rico that LoRab's opinion of you and me is completely static: nothing I say ever changes her opinion one way or the other, there's never anything new. "My thoughts haven't changed", she says... Since Day 3. I get the feeling that nothing I say will change LoRab's thoughts for better or worse. LoRab isn't accounting for my posts anymore, she's just paying lip service to her suspicion of me.

Now she could just be a lazy neutral, or she could be a coasting baddie, but either way I think she's full of bullsuit.
What does Rey's falling off the earth tell you? What does his case against Golden tell you, maybe together with his falling off the earth, afterwards?

As for LoRab, I can't fight your battle - and to be honest, I think you left her some openings, as I've pointed out in my re-read of you, plus your defense still does't always give me the genuine vibe.

Nonetheless, I can only deal with her issues with me and I have done so, to the point where I'm confident I've shown that she doesn't have anything factual on me, only speculation, disbelief and tone sussing. She can keep drumming on that, for all I care. I'm well aware it's her style to do so and don't have major reasons right now to suspect her for this angle. But I've said this about her in my reads and I'll post it again. It's certainly food for thought.
Ricochet wrote:She's tunnelling on her major cases, but what else is new. She can keep doing that all the way through the game, as an unrecruited. She can keep doing that all the way through the game as a recruited civ. Can she be doing that all the way through as a recruited baddie? That is perhaps a question worth thinking about.
---

Who are you looking into today or planning to vote, old sport?
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Well that worked out for him last game so I can see why he'd want to try that again :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:
Ah, so it's "muh empirical evidence".

Was he bad or rezzcruited bad that game?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Ricochet wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
Ricochet wrote:

He was bad, someone got lynched, and rezzed, and he came up with a really dumb case that made no sense that suggested that person was recruited as well as being rezzed. It was dumb, and he should feel bad about it because it was bad. :meany:

ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
Ricochet wrote:

He was bad, someone got lynched, and rezzed, and he came up with a really dumb case that made no sense that suggested that person was recruited as well as being rezzed. It was dumb, and he should feel bad about it because it was bad. :meany:
Sounds like the present, lol.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I just brought it up because it was pretty funny.

ImageImage
ImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 126
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:I believe Scotty is saying something along the lines of "You have not cared at all about what I've said all game long LoRab, and suddenly you are interesting in reading and transcribing my insanified text. I don't understand this sudden reversal in attitude, but I suspect you for it. Ha ha ha ha ha."
I agree with this interpretation of his words. I thought I had implied that in my response to him. And my only reversal in attitude was that I was trying to undersatand what he was saying.
Ricochet wrote:
LoRab wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
LoRab wrote:I'm at peace with you voting for me because I'm not really saying much yet this round. It's a fair and true criticism. And havenot excuse other than real life (and, for ther record, I'm in the middle of the equivalent of the superbowl, the world series, and the
nba dinals, while running the boston marathon). Just to give context of my sechedule.
Then I will vote for you too. :grin:
Uhhhh...ok.

@Rico: A lot of the LP/Piano players also have experience with the insanifier. I don't remember off hand who is good at reading it. Since LC bumped up the percentage of words that get changed, it became harder to understand.

BWT's self vote, and lack of denial of being bad makes me consider moving my vote in that direction. aaple voting Rico makes me consider a Rico vote, also (no, my suspicion of him hasn't let up).
Understood. You were also cheerfully exclamatory at an insanifying taking place. Do you think insanifying is a good thing or sign?

As for voting me, you haven't let up, I have nothing to add since the previous time you voted (or intended to vote) for me, so I'll use this instead: :lorab:

What happened to your suspicions of JJJ and rey from the early Days?
I think insanifying is neutral. I've seen it as a good role and a bad role. I find it entertaining more than anything.

And that is an excellent use of my smiley.

JJJ is dead, so I haven't much thought of him. Rey hasn't done much and I kind of keep forgetting he's playing. Neither of them were major, huge suspicions in the first place. Both pinged me, but they never rose to the top of my list.
Turnip Head wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:What happened to your suspicions of JJJ and rey from the early Days?
Isn't Jay dead? Should we still be suspecting him? :confused:
No. I should have rather put it "after [suspecting them] the early Days".

Read my re-read of her. That's what I'm referencing. For a player never letting up on suspicions, she suspected them and then the suspicions vanished.
I could see the LoRab and Rey being recruited to the same team angle but I don't feel strongly about it; Rey fell off the face of the earth. But I'm sure you've noticed Rico that LoRab's opinion of you and me is completely static: nothing I say ever changes her opinion one way or the other, there's never anything new. "My thoughts haven't changed", she says... Since Day 3. I get the feeling that nothing I say will change LoRab's thoughts for better or worse. LoRab isn't accounting for my posts anymore, she's just paying lip service to her suspicion of me.

Now she could just be a lazy neutral, or she could be a coasting baddie, but either way I think she's full of bullsuit.
I wouldn't quite say lazy neutral, but neutral that doesn't have a whole lot of time to post. I'm not full of bullsuit at all--but really nothing you've said has made me change my thoughts about you (or Rico for that matter), so I haven't added to my reasons. I don't see a point in repeating myself. I'm accounting for your posts--they are just not changing my thoughts on you.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

LoRab wrote:JJJ is dead, so I haven't much thought of him. Rey hasn't done much and I kind of keep forgetting he's playing. Neither of them were major, huge suspicions in the first place. Both pinged me, but they never rose to the top of my list.
Who was on the top of your list on D2, if JJJ and Rey never rose there?

Anyway, I labeled your drop of their suspicions as potential moodswings, not suspicious behaviour. As far as I know, any partnership developed with them could have still inspired you to drop any word on them. Furthermore, as I've told nutella, I still believe you set a double standard with rey. You suss him on a statement and aren't satisfied with his rebuttal, but it's not major, huge and you drop it. You suss me for a statement and aren't satisfied with my rebuttal, and I rose to your top o' the list.
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 240
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

This back and forth between Lorab and Ricochet has been going on for awhile.

I think Ricochet has responded very candidly and open.

I do think he makes a point with Lorab and a double standard between him and Rey.

I have been getting good vibes from them both so I doubt I would vote either.

aapje's earlier post twitched my nose. His alrm bells and vote must have a short circuit :confused:
;)
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Ricochet wrote:
LoRab wrote:JJJ is dead, so I haven't much thought of him. Rey hasn't done much and I kind of keep forgetting he's playing. Neither of them were major, huge suspicions in the first place. Both pinged me, but they never rose to the top of my list.

Anyway, I labeled your drop of their suspicions as potential moodswings, not suspicious behaviour. As far as I know, any partnership developed with them could have still inspired you to drop any word on them. Furthermore, as I've told nutella, I still believe you set a double standard with rey. You suss him on a statement and aren't satisfied with his rebuttal, but it's not major, huge and you drop it. You suss me for a statement and aren't satisfied with my rebuttal, and I rose to your top o' the list.
I wanted to respond, regardless.

And I don't think it's a double standard--your responses have felt more suspicious. His response was just unsatisfying. He didn't really explain himself, in my mind, but it didn't feel like a necessarily suspish response to me.

And I had forgotten that I was suspish of BWT earlier, so thanks for giving me reason to go back to my older posts. He was probably my top suspect day 2, although that was a while ago, so hard to remember where my brain was. Hmmm....may move my vote there, even though he seems to be likely to have the most votes regardless.
Nicol Bolas
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 10
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Nicol Bolas »

I am voting for BWT. A bird like that has no place with my ravens.
unfurl
The Mark
Posts in topic: 90

Post by unfurl »

XD
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

LoRab wrote:
Ricochet wrote:

And I don't think it's a double standard--your responses have felt more suspicious. His response was just unsatisfying. He didn't really explain himself, in my mind, but it didn't feel like a necessarily suspish response to me.

And I had forgotten that I was suspish of BWT earlier, so thanks for giving me reason to go back to my older posts. He was probably my top suspect day 2, although that was a while ago, so hard to remember where my brain was. Hmmm....may move my vote there, even though he seems to be likely to have the most votes regardless.
Really - you should re-read Rey - I think his posting has changed a lot since his about face when he went after Golden. I have him on the back burner but I shouldn't if he is bad - a quiet baddie is a scary baddie.
;)
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

:eek:

ImageImage
ImageImage
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

:smile:
;)
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

:disappoint:
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Moved my vote to rico. Because I suspect him just as much--perhaps even moreso with the rez. And I was feeling lonely.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

:lorab: :lorab: :lorab:
aapje
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 141

Post by aapje »

Wtf checking in drunk but whatever. I think rico is straiht up bad, no rez recruit involved at all. I think he's full of shit and bad to the bone. I just wish more people would fillow mmmy vote.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

aapje wrote:Wtf checking in drunk but whatever. I think rico is straiht up bad, no rez recruit involved at all. I think he's full of shit and bad to the bone. I just wish more people would fillow mmmy vote.
I'll fillow the fuck out of you man.

ImageImage
ImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 155

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Honestly, even with his case, I think Rico is bad. I would seriously look at him after I get lynched.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 155

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Rico is Baddie McBadderson
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

:omg:

ImageImage
ImageImage
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Hi.
I voted teeth.
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

:super:
;)
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 297
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Omg Distracted Jeff the most drunkest thanks ever been, recumbency trocar target awestricken with Nick? premonstration Folding Raincoat Necromantic Fiend

Rico merogenesis uninured my exenterate but Spirit Oracle don;t lief he is bad. If supersaturate liar Petra poo anxiousseat revivalist rousing I think terribly DFaraday good inststincts so redolent . rousing BWT is in fact bad, then I'd suggest looking at Rico. But I would have Black Rock agree with brinded in this assessment.

Haahahahahahhaaa Hahahahaha Hahaha
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

mismanage have my Bean medullary LoRab, but will have to capote until amical I Illyria officialism to look into her day.

I don't like how she is, Implausible Chair viands night bud [/b]pamphleteer to me. details matter credibility LaezyDaezy flips, I toga want to look overconfidence LoRab further.

hahaha hhhahaaahahaha ohohohoHAHAAHAHAAA

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 269
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

The bird is the word.
reywaS
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 239

Post by reywaS »

Roxy wrote:
LoRab wrote:
Ricochet wrote:

Really - you should re-read Rey - I think his posting has changed a lot since his about face when he went after Golden. I have him on the back burner but I shouldn't if he is bad - a quiet baddie is a scary baddie.
What do you mean by the underlined part?

The thing with Golden really took the wind out of my sails. I've thought about asking to be replaced, but I don't want to do that because of how excited I was to be playing in the beginning. I figured if I stuck it out, eventually the game would be small enough to where I'd finally find my old school type footing. I'm trying to get back into it. I'm embarassed that I lost track of this day phase...I was thinking it ended tomorrow night. :(

I'm voting BWT (admittedly a lame vote)
Some day, Some day
Some day I'll, I wanna wear a starry crown
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 108
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

A Fateful Bolt

The lone figure darted across the street, from one shadowy alleyway to another, his shadow riding long in the last stages of the day. If only I can make it out of town, he thought, I'll be in the clear!

Behind him, birdwithteeth11 could hear heavy boots and barking dogs, patrols out to track him down. He had already evaded them twice by using his natural disguise abilities, but they were closing in fast. Reaching the city wall, he took out a small grappling hook and tossed it up, climbing nimbly to the top.

As he crested the top, he turned to have one last look at the city he had spent so much time in. Just then, unfortunately, a crossbow bolt was loosed, and it struck BWT right in the chest. He looked down in shock to see several guardsmen step out of the shadows, crossbows at the ready, but they were not necessary.

BWT toppled forward and fell far below to the ground. Noting the mark of the Sorcerer Clan on his body, the magistrate sent for another Sorcerer.

"This one is known as the Windscout!" he exclaimed, looking down sadly. So much potential... wasted. And for what?"

birdwithteeth11 has been lynched. He was the Windscout, and unrecruited.

It is now Night 9, please choose another Position.
Scotty
Jeff

Re: Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (Night 9)

Post by Scotty »

Dammit. Not Ubztoucan.

I knew we were probably at a loss there with such a huge bandwagon. I mean, of course he isn't recruited. Of course :suspish:

Also, being insane is annoying. I can only imagine Canuck's ire.

I placed my vote on LoRab because over the course of this game, she hasn't ever addressed me directly as far as I know. Yes, she seemed to have a knack for translation, but why did she feel the need to do so at that point? Like, I've been pretty wrong all game, so why now is she so interested in what I have to say, considering she's never backed me up or tried to reason with me at all thus far?

bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 161
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Sorry I was wring teeifes. :(
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 162
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

...Goddamn. WTF.

Now I'm hoping even more that DH was right about SVS.

Rico, you have some explaining to do.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

We should lynch llama tomorrow, not Rico. He is ther real baddie mcbadderson.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

DharmaHelper wrote:
aapje wrote:Wtf checking in drunk but whatever. I think rico is straiht up bad, no rez recruit involved at all. I think he's full of shit and bad to the bone. I just wish more people would fillow mmmy vote.
You the fillower of my sails dide?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Still afraid of consequences, voting position 2.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Damn. I'm very sorry, BWT, I thought all the signs were there. I understand that you felt warranted to leave a word that you think I'm bad (even without giving a reason or anything), but I'm not and, in fact, should I get lynched the following Day, I would suffer the same fate as you.

Not to mention I might join you tonight altogether, since it's Azura's team killing time, so they might repay me a visit.

aapje, for a in-depth tactician and game debater, seems to have run out of bullets in pursuing me. I asked him to prove that I influenced anyone to lynch Syn for the PM angle (an angle only he brought up, furthermore) or that anyone voted Syn for that angle (not even he did) and he just came back with blank verdicts. His rezz angle on me suddenly doesn't even matter anymore, lol. Must have been after DH pointed out he did such bullsuit angles in the past as well. Can anyone else who played past Recruitements confirm that aapje was bad and used a rezzcruiting angle to dig a player's grave?

Anyway, given all this, I'm considering calling dingo on appje's endeavour. He thinks he's a soldier dog who found the heroin stash but nah, he's dead wrong and every angle of his will be proven dead wrong if I get lynched. But I'm starting to feel he might be a dingo, instead, putting the baby in my lap.
nutella wrote:
Oh? I re-read everyone and BWT's candidacy stood out to me, through what I believed where compelling signs.

Why did you vote BWT, though? Your ISO on him comes up real dry.
nutella on Day 1 wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:I'm probably voting for BWT today. He's not playing like I think he would if he were still neutral. Feels like something is already on the line for him.
Now this is a compelling observation, and a vote I could maybe get behind.
nutella on Day 1 wrote:I'm still considering voting BWT, though his recent posts are looking better to me...
nutella on Day 2 wrote:I'm still not understanding the BWT votes. On Day 1 I think several people voted for him for several different reasons, rather than a single case that gained any kind of momentum.
nutella on Day 8 wrote:Along with BWT -- I liked Rico's case and could definitely see BWT being Ubzimbabwe.
nutella on Day 8 wrote:Bea -- I think the idea behind voting BWT is to see whether he survives to test the theory that he's Ubz. It certainly runs the risk of lynching a neutral (or even a civvie but I doubt that), but I think it would provide more info than a Syn lynch. I'm voting for BWT. Sorry if you die an innocent death but I think this is the slightly more productive way to go.
nutella wrote:
Let's lynch bwt today. :srsnod:
So you like and agree with my case, you vote him the previous Day to test the theory and you vote him toDay without a comment.

And yet now you're giving me the "you've got some explaining to do" wag of the finger? :suspish:

You reply to bea looks particularly damning, wiggling with "I'm sorry if it'll prove a grave mislynch but I want to test it out".
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

nutella wrote:...Goddamn. WTF.

Now I'm hoping even more that DH was right about SVS.

Why does Ricochet have to explain *YOUR* vote?

Don't you stand by your OWN reason for voting him?

Or did you say you liked Ricochet's case just so you could point the finger at him when Teeth flipped?
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
You the fillower of my sails dide?
:haha: :haha: :haha:

Damn you young fillower's!!
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:We should lynch llama tomorrow, not Rico. He is ther real baddie mcbadderson.
Why?
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

reywaS wrote:
Roxy wrote:
LoRab wrote:
Ricochet wrote:

What do you mean by the underlined part?

The thing with Golden really took the wind out of my sails. I've thought about asking to be replaced, but I don't want to do that because of how excited I was to be playing in the beginning. I figured if I stuck it out, eventually the game would be small enough to where I'd finally find my old school type footing. I'm trying to get back into it. I'm embarassed that I lost track of this day phase...I was thinking it ended tomorrow night. :(

I'm voting BWT (admittedly a lame vote)

I meant that you went from defending him to suspecting him over night. I know about losing your wind - this game has been especially hard bc of the Recuitment/Neutrals. No one is really playing "normally" bc of the neutral and recruitment angle.

I agree I was also lame with my vote and being lazy bc I am trying to get my game started today.
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Turnip Head wrote:The bird is the word.

;)
reywaS
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 239

Post by reywaS »

Some day, Some day
Some day I'll, I wanna wear a starry crown
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Sure hope I get NKed

ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

My comment at Rico was because he had me totally convinced that we'd be lynching Ubbadubba. He pushed the case so hard and acted like he was certain about it, so I believed it, but it turned out he was wrong. I voted for BWT because of Rico's case. I blame Rico for the lynch.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

nutella wrote:My comment at Rico was because he had me totally convinced that we'd be lynching Ubbadubba. He pushed the case so hard and acted like he was certain about it, so I believed it, but it turned out he was wrong. I voted for BWT because of Rico's case. I blame Rico for the lynch.
:ponder:
While I did think Ricochet's case was solid (i would point out that so did you)- unlike you I take responsibility for my own vote.
;)
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 269
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

I don't blame Rico either. I thought the bird was lying through his teeth and didn't trust a word coming out of his beak. I'm still wondering if the Windscout's Pos. 4 Seemer ability allowed him to change his revealed alignment, but idk.

Return to “Previous Jobs”