Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (End Game)

Moderator: Community Team

Game End!

Thank you
29%
for playing
20%
See you in number 5?
31%
aapje is too busy but he'll try to keep up....
11%
like every other time I make him play.
9%

Total votes: 45
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 269
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Re: Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (Night 9 2.0)

Post by Turnip Head »

Scotty wrote:I agree that the Judge does not seem very civ-like. Ignoring TH's potential argument again of just using a power for the sake of using a power, the only reason I can see for doing so is if the Judge was busy today and wanted another day to catch up. (Llama, is that you?)
Who are you agreeing with? Other than the restart, the Judge's actions point toward being a Caelia recruit. How is the restart not civ-like? For all we know, the Judge was made aware of how Night 9 would play out, and hit the reset button in order to make changes on his/her end hoping for a better result. I don't think that's indicative of civ or baddie action in and of itself.

You're also mischaracterizing my point about Ubola using his thread lock and lynch switch (why wouldn't a baddie use those?) and applying it across all roles and alignments, a point I've never made.
thellama73 wrote:I know the way I play, and what MM has been doing reminds me of my own baddie game. When you have a team to support, you are more careful than when it's just you.
One could say you've been playing a particularly careful game compared to your usual meta as well. :ponder:
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 297
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Ricochet wrote:
Scotty wrote:
As far as Rico is concerned, I've been cautiously optimistic, but his rez is a definite cause for concern, because why else would he be rezz'd unless he was on someone's team? And someone like Rico, who has fooled me once *QUITE HANDILY MIGHT I ADD* in Watchmen, I would be naive to assume he would be in the civ camp. So he's got my big fat :eye: going into Day tomorrow (should I be alive)
Quite the change of heart there from
Scotty wrote:In RE: Rico rezzing, I think it is supes suspicious, and it wouldn't surprise me if the Elder Shaman was recruited. Whether or not that role is civ or bad is yet to be determined. I don't notice a shift in what Rico is saying now in relation to before he died. He actually reads genuine to me, which has me scratching my head if he really is unrecruited what the rezzer had in mind.
to big fat eyeballing.

Again, if anyone feels there's no way a rezz could have happened in lack of any affiliation between the rezzer and the rezz'd, you and aapje and anyone else reading it that will have a big surprise at the end of all this (whether I'm lynched or at endgame). On the bright side, you'll have this result as future reference that not all meta is one-dimensional.

I don't have what to defend when people rely on such empirical meta or rhetorical questions. I've said all I know about my rezz and status and I am truthful about it. Not trusting that is fine and natural for the gameplay. But from there on, players should use the proper tools to determine that I'm lying or that I'm bad. Determine if I've been recruited before the rezz. Determine the Shaman is bad-aligned. Determine if I've been recruited by the baddies.

As for the fooling, yes, I am aware that my meta will probably come to bite me back and compromise at least a few of my games purely because players will bring the "wait a minute. what if Rico is fooling us again" argument as soon as I'll keep progressing deep into a game and have little suspicion on me (which frankly isn't exactly the case here; I've had LoRab drumming on me for six Days now and aapje for roughly two; I wasn't sussed in Watchmen at all, except for "what ifs"). You want to test that and ruin my current game, because of retribution? Can't stop you there, but that'll be the outcome this time around.

I've been handed out more mafia/indy roles than civ so far and I've only won as mafia/indy thus far, so yeah, sucky legacy whenever I have to play civ for realz, what can I say. But that's just reality, there's nothing I can do about that. The thing is, the "civviest" I've been under a facade is also the "civviest" I can be, period. I can't play "civvier" than that. I can't push myself beyond this much baddie hunting and reading.

As for right now, I'll say it again, my status is that of an unrecruited, which means I have to survive the game, but I don't need to fool any side for any purpose. My mindset is that I desire to be recruited by the civs, to shed a survivor win con which I'm not optimistic one bit I'll achieve, and in that I'm baddie hunting. I believe I've proven the latter, even though I've had a huge failure recently. Team Azura killed me and I've been attacking Uzbekistan head on. How can that inspire any real belief that I'm involved with either?
Rico, I haven't put a hat on what you are yet. I said previously that I was scratching my head on the impetus to rezz someone if he wasn't on the same team. I know you've talked at lengths to figure it out yourself, since you are still claiming unrecruited. I haven't changed my view that your writing has felt genuine to me, but even a recruited would be stupid to come out and say "yes I'm recruited". What other reason could the rezzer have in rezzing you? I just don't get it.

I thought maybe you were the SK for a bit, but that wouldn't make sense to be rezzed.

I feel that you could be either good or bad, which is why I'm wholly trepidatious about the whole thing. You are baddie hunting, but I would expect the bad teams to be baddie hunting too. And I am still unconsciously seething over the bamboozlement last game. I actually haven't seen your mafia game- only your indie game- but even then I would say this is as a close a game as any to be playing as an indie-minded.

All of this is predicated on the Rezzer not being a random nutjob, and just rezzing for the sake of rezzing. Which brings me to:
Turnip Head wrote:
Scotty wrote:I agree that the Judge does not seem very civ-like. Ignoring TH's potential argument again of just using a power for the sake of using a power, the only reason I can see for doing so is if the Judge was busy today and wanted another day to catch up. (Llama, is that you?)
Who are you agreeing with? Other than the restart, the Judge's actions point toward being a Caelia recruit. How is the restart not civ-like? For all we know, the Judge was made aware of how Night 9 would play out, and hit the reset button in order to make changes on his/her end hoping for a better result. I don't think that's indicative of civ or baddie action in and of itself.

You're also mischaracterizing my point about Ubola using his thread lock and lynch switch (why wouldn't a baddie use those?) and applying it across all roles and alignments, a point I've never made.
thellama73 wrote:I know the way I play, and what MM has been doing reminds me of my own baddie game. When you have a team to support, you are more careful than when it's just you.
One could say you've been playing a particularly careful game compared to your usual meta as well. :ponder:
I was agreeing with Roxy's post:
Roxy wrote:Hrm is the judge recruited now? Wanting 2 nights does not feel very civvie.
As far as misinterpreting you, I apologize. I had it in my head that you were qualifying that point about every role using powers willy-nilly, which I think was during one of my barrages into you a few days ago.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Except we didn't get two nights, so Roxy's point doesn't make sense.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 252

Post by thellama73 »

Turnip Head wrote:
Fair point, but one could also say that I've been traveling a lot and having a harder time digging into the game. I'm still coming out with cases, though, ain't I?
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 363

Post by DharmaHelper »

:sigh:
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Roxy wrote:Hrm is the judge recruited now? Wanting 2 nights does not feel very civvie.

Though I do wonder what the point of this power is if it only delays the powers used by 24 hours. Or would double targeting be in effect?

To confusing early in the morning.

I wish DH would stop talking about wanting to be dead. Its creepy and very unhelpful. If you are THAT miserable just quit already if not then buck up and help. figure shit out.
You're creepy.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Turnip Head wrote:Except we didn't get two nights, so Roxy's point doesn't make sense.
Well technically no, but theoretically yes.

I'm deeming this night restart "Alzheimer's Schadenfreude."

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Scotty wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:Except we didn't get two nights, so Roxy's point doesn't make sense.

I have no idea what this means :derp: Are you saying you still agree with Roxy's post?
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Turnip Head wrote:
Scotty wrote:

I have no idea what this means :derp: Are you saying you still agree with Roxy's post?
Look at it this way- we technically are repeating the same night, but theoretically could be experiencing two different nights, with double targeting. I mean, it's possible, right? I'm very unsure about what purpose the restarting day/night cycle does that benefits anyone if used before the Night results aside from additional time and/or extra targeting opportunities. So in that sense, yes I agree with Roxy's questioning about the night.

Like, is there a power that is a one-time use in the night, received before the night post?

Scotty
Jeff

Re: Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (Night 9)

Post by Scotty »

Canucklehead wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:GOD DAMNIT I JUST WANNA DIE ALREADY
I don't know about anyone else, but I'd really rather if you quit than keep pouting about how much it's unfun for you to keep playing. I luff you, DH, and I think you know it, and I really wish you *were* having fun with this game...but that's my Real Talk for you today. :srsnod:
Yo. What are you thinking today, canuck? Last time we heard from you, you were urging everyone and their mother to put up or shut up and vote BWT.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Turnip Head wrote:
I missed this point- I think that is also a possibility. Though I'm not sure how this would make the Judge necessarily a Caelia recruit.

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

My theory is the hosts wrote the original Night 9 post and gave it to the Judge, who perhaps didn't like what s/he saw, so reset it to try to change the future. Other than that I see no purpose to the ability.

Theoretically, technically, yes we could see double targeting opportunities... but that makes no sense because then the ability would just say "Make it 2 nights in a row." And that would be an un-civvie-like ability by design.

Linki: Other happenings make me think the Judge is a Caelia recruit. Obvious, easy to spot happenings.
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 240
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

Maybe you don't get two nights where you live but from where I am we arein the middle of a second night in a row. :confused:
;)
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

The first night never ended, no results. We went instead back to the beginning of the night.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

DharmaHelper wrote:The first night never ended, no results. We went instead back to the beginning of the night.
http://inception.davepedu.com/

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Roxy wrote:
Maybe you don't get two nights where you live but from where I am we arein the middle of a second night in a row. :confused:
Did anyone die? Did we skip Day 10 and go straight to Night 10? Did you send a PM for Night 9 and receive a result? Were you allowed to use your power twice?
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

DharmaHelper wrote:

Though I do wonder what the point of this power is if it only delays the powers used by 24 hours. Or would double targeting be in effect?

To confusing early in the morning.

I wish DH would stop talking about wanting to be dead. Its creepy and very unhelpful. If you are THAT miserable just quit already if not then buck up and help. figure shit out.
You're creepy.
Maybe I am - but I am not the one continuing to beg for death.

Linky - where did you read that we went back to the beginning of the night DH?
;)
DharmaHelper

Re: Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (Night 9 Restart

Post by DharmaHelper »

Long Con wrote:
Legal Decisions

Deep within the Bureau of Law in New Paradis, the Supreme Judge worked hard in his office, but was getting deluged with new cases faster than he could process them.

"That's it!" he bellowed, slamming a gavel-like fist down on his polished oaken desk. "Execute Protocol 9765!"

An executive assistant responded immediately, sending the command through the appropriate channels, until it was received by the Bureau of Time, a division that was, for good reason, unknown to most of the general populace and government officials.

A wizened old man in thick spectacles perked up from his pocketwatch repair as a message machine began to spin a brass wheel, printing out a thin line of paper. He placed both hands on his desk and gently eased himself off his high stool, and shuffled over to read it.

"Restart the night?" His eyebrows raised considerably. "Can't remember the last time I had to do that!" He made his way over to a large brass handle, and pulled it down, setting off a chain of events that delved into the core of the realm.

Night has been restarted, and will end in 24 hours when the new Position Poll ends.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

I do not think the judge has been recruited to Caelias team tbh they are bad or unrecruited by the way they are playing the role ability.
;)
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 41

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

voted
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

DH - that only says it has been restarted not that we went back to the beginning off the previous night. No where is it stated for you to NOT to use your ability again.Do you think the baddies will not send in a kill target? Do you think everyone else is not submitting night their night action? Do you think it will all remain what it was going to be before the restart? Do you think it would be double targeting if they repeat actions?
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Also yes isubmitted another night action - didn't you?
;)
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I did the same thing I did last time.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Roxy wrote:Also yes isubmitted another night action - didn't you?
No, I did the same thing I did the first time because it's the same night.
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Oh well I changed mine bc it was a new night.
;)
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 472
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

thellama73 wrote:
Scotty wrote: I agree that the Judge does not seem very civ-like. Ignoring TH's potential argument again of just using a power for the sake of using a power, the only reason I can see for doing so is if the Judge was busy today and wanted another day to catch up. (Llama, is that you?)
Nope, not me. :)

Let me explain my suspicion of Metalmarsh89. He has felt off for me for a while, but I couldn't put my finger on it until today. His entire game has seemed to me to be based on trying to survive above all else. He has been careful to be cheerful, friendly, and not to make any enemies. His suspicions have been mild and distinctly non-combative. He has said nice things to virtually everyone and tried to generally be a pleasant person to have around in the game.

Now, I know that Metalmarsh is in real life, an extremely pleasant person, and a recall well the discussion he had with MP about trying to vary his game style after a string of early deaths, but this all feels very calculated to me. I know the way I play, and what MM has been doing reminds me of my own baddie game. When you have a team to support, you are more careful than when it's just you. It wouldn't surprise me if MM is one of the original recruiters, since this has been his style from the beginning. Of course, it's possible that he is doing it solely for the reasons he claims, but it feels phony to me, and I don't trust it.
Am I not a pleasant person in this game? :pout:

By the way, I still think you are bad. I also enjoy that you are accusing me of the same behaviors you have exhibited this game.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Metalmarsh89 wrote: Am I not a pleasant person in this game? :pout:

By the way, I still think you are bad. I also enjoy that you are accusing me of the same behaviors you have exhibited this game.
You are a pleasant person. Too pleasant. :eye:

Since no one seems to be listening to either of us, I guess we can go on suspecting each other for the same reasons then.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 121

Re: Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (Night 9)

Post by Canucklehead »

Scotty wrote:
Canucklehead wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:GOD DAMNIT I JUST WANNA DIE ALREADY
I don't know about anyone else, but I'd really rather if you quit than keep pouting about how much it's unfun for you to keep playing. I luff you, DH, and I think you know it, and I really wish you *were* having fun with this game...but that's my Real Talk for you today. :srsnod:
Yo. What are you thinking today, canuck? Last time we heard from you, you were urging everyone and their mother to put up or shut up and vote BWT.
Yep, and people stuck to their guns, and it turned out BWT was not a baddie. So my experiment failed in more ways than one. :keys:
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 393

Post by Ricochet »

I don't understand what we're debating right now. A restart in my books is going through same phase a second time. I did the same thing I did on the first N9 (voted the position and sent my PM). I suspect Night actions will take place as usual at the end of this second N9, although the idea if double targetting is in effect after the first N9 is an interesting thought.

Bass 2.0 is staying consistent with posting and voting only during the Night.

Roxy: What exactly did you change? :confused:
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

thellama73 wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote: Am I not a pleasant person in this game? :pout:

You are a pleasant person. Too pleasant. :eye:

Since no one seems to be listening to either of us, I guess we can go on suspecting each other for the same reasons then.
Or we could unite as one and combine the power of our votes. (I still suspect you though)

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 128

Post by Sorsha »

Ok so I'm confused.

We are having two night 9's and everyone should send in two actions?

Or it's really just an extended night 9?

I was thinking it was the second one but roxy seems to think its the first?

Voted 2
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Sorsha wrote:Ok so I'm confused.

Voted 2
Night 9 has started over, that is all.

So I believe we do all have to re-send our night actions in.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:

Voted 2
Night 9 has started over, that is all.

So I believe we do all have to re-send our night actions in.
You may be a baddie, but you're right about this.

Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Voted 2

I do not think it is the first :huh:
I think we are in a second night in a row. :smoky:
;)
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 255

Post by Bullzeye »

Roxy wrote:

Voted 2

It's night 9-2 according to the thread title, rather than night 10, so day 10 hasn't been skipped but nor has night been extended so much as restarted. I don't see why the distinction is such a big deal.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Bullzeye wrote:
Roxy wrote:

Voted 2

It's night 9-2 according to the thread title, rather than night 10, so day 10 hasn't been skipped but nor has night been extended so much as restarted. I don't see why the distinction is such a big deal.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Yeah me either - I just have a different opinion. :noble:
;)
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 162
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Roxy I think you are just plain wrong. It is still night 9. It is not a separate night, although actions have to be re-sent. They can be the same target as they were originally.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 176

Post by Draconus »

Whelp, going with 2 again.

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
reywaS
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 239

Post by reywaS »

Ricochet wrote:
Scotty wrote:
As far as Rico is concerned, I've been cautiously optimistic, but his rez is a definite cause for concern, because why else would he be rezz'd unless he was on someone's team? And someone like Rico, who has fooled me once *QUITE HANDILY MIGHT I ADD* in Watchmen, I would be naive to assume he would be in the civ camp. So he's got my big fat :eye: going into Day tomorrow (should I be alive)
Quite the change of heart there from
Scotty wrote:In RE: Rico rezzing, I think it is supes suspicious, and it wouldn't surprise me if the Elder Shaman was recruited. Whether or not that role is civ or bad is yet to be determined. I don't notice a shift in what Rico is saying now in relation to before he died. He actually reads genuine to me, which has me scratching my head if he really is unrecruited what the rezzer had in mind.
to big fat eyeballing.

Again, if anyone feels there's no way a rezz could have happened in lack of any affiliation between the rezzer and the rezz'd, you and aapje and anyone else reading it that will have a big surprise at the end of all this (whether I'm lynched or at endgame). On the bright side, you'll have this result as future reference that not all meta is one-dimensional.

I don't have what to defend when people rely on such empirical meta or rhetorical questions. I've said all I know about my rezz and status and I am truthful about it. Not trusting that is fine and natural for the gameplay. But from there on, players should use the proper tools to determine that I'm lying or that I'm bad. Determine if I've been recruited before the rezz. Determine the Shaman is bad-aligned. Determine if I've been recruited by the baddies.

As for the fooling, yes, I am aware that my meta will probably come to bite me back and compromise at least a few of my games purely because players will bring the "wait a minute. what if Rico is fooling us again" argument as soon as I'll keep progressing deep into a game and have little suspicion on me (which frankly isn't exactly the case here; I've had LoRab drumming on me for six Days now and aapje for roughly two; I wasn't sussed in Watchmen at all, except for "what ifs"). You want to test that and ruin my current game, because of retribution? Can't stop you there, but that'll be the outcome this time around.

I've been handed out more mafia/indy roles than civ so far and I've only won as mafia/indy thus far, so yeah, sucky legacy whenever I have to play civ for realz, what can I say. But that's just reality, there's nothing I can do about that. The thing is, the "civviest" I've been under a facade is also the "civviest" I can be, period. I can't play "civvier" than that. I can't push myself beyond this much baddie hunting and reading.

As for right now, I'll say it again, my status is that of an unrecruited, which means I have to survive the game, but I don't need to fool any side for any purpose. My mindset is that I desire to be recruited by the civs, to shed a survivor win con which I'm not optimistic one bit I'll achieve, and in that I'm baddie hunting. I believe I've proven the latter, even though I've had a huge failure recently. Team Azura killed me and I've been attacking Uzbekistan head on. How can that inspire any real belief that I'm involved with either?
So shedding a win condition in which you can literally win with anyone for one in which you are limited to whom you can win with is bettering your odds? That doesn't make a lot of sense.
Some day, Some day
Some day I'll, I wanna wear a starry crown
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I'm just here so I don't get fined.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 181

Post by Black Rock »

A friendly reminder about being recruited... now is the time to send in your convincing words...
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 108
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Recruitment Mafia IV: Night 9 2.0 End

Post by Long Con »

Rebirth and Redeath

Metalmarsh had been scared before, like all people. The recurring nightmare where the llama carefully chewed MM's ears off. That time had fallen from the barn rafters and knocked the wind out of his lungs and he had been convinced he was dead for a minute or two. But he had never known the abject fear he knew now, being dragged by the ankle by the Brutal Executioner through a dark and dusty warehouse. The hooded beast of a man threw MM into a metal chair that was bolted to the ground, and slammed manacles down on his wrists, pinning them to the arms of the chair.

"You don't have to do this!" cried Metalmarsh, as the Brutal Executioner brought out a large metal cylinder with a crank at one end. The Executioner methodically unwound a length of raw copper cable and hooked it on to the chair, and clamped the other end to the cylinder. Grasping the handle, he began to crank it slowly at first, then more quickly. After a few minutes of turning, he reached a massive arm out to flip a switch. Metalmarsh screamed as the electrical current began to flow, but there was a shower of sparks and the manacles were blown open.

As the Brutal Executioner looked at the small generator and scratched his head, Metalmarsh leaped from the chair and took off into the night.

Ricochet knew that he had been given a second chance at life that few had ever gotten. He didn't intend to waste it by just laying low and staying out of the action. Tonight, Azura Nokomis would die at his hand. He grabbed his gear, and headed out to her last known location. He didn't see the shadowy figure following him.

After tracking her to an overgrown castle deep in the heart of Urrak Swamp, he opened his pack. An crown of magic resistance, and a cloak of nondetection, gifts from the Relicsmith that he had acquired through less-than-savoury means - all for the greater good, of course. He donned them, and headed for the nearest door.

Behind him, the Rogue Mercenary, slightly annoyed at having to track his quarry into the middle of a swamp, let loose a crossbow bolt, which hit Rico in the back as he began to cross the threshold into the castle. Rico cried out, and stumbled through the door, falling to his hands and knees inside the castle. The crown tumbled from his head, and rolled away across the room, to end up at the feet of a surprised Azura.

Azrua smirked. "Didn't I kill you once already?" Rico glared red hot daggers at her and tried to speak, but a wave of pain shot through him as the crossbow bolt's fatal poison pumped through his system. Azura crouched and whispered to him. "Shall I end your pain?"

She waited a few moments longer as Rico writhed and seized on the floor in front of her, amused at his suffering, finally speaking a word and holding out her hand, and flames flowed forth, roasting Rico alive and increasing his agony one hundredfold.

DharmaHelper had searched for many days to find this place, a tiny house, built into the mountainside. He turned to Boomslang, who had agreed to accompany him when he'd heard who DH was seeking. "So this is it - this is where Tenquist supposedly still lives."

"It seems so unlikely," said Boomslang. "He'd be so old by now!"

"Only one way to find out," said DH resolutely, starting to walk the winding path up to the house. He stopped when he saw Ahriman, Grand Master standing before them.

"I cannot let you pass," said Ahriman sternly. "Some secrets need to be kept."

"Keep going," said Boomslang to DH. "I'll take care of him." He stepped forward and bent his knees slightly, in a fighting stance, and Ahriman did the same. They stood for a moment, stock-still, sizing each other up, before exploding into a flurry of blows and parries, kicks and blocks.

Dharmahelper hurried up the path as the two fought, reaching the small house and pushing in the door. There were obvious signs of neglect, cobwebs over the chairs and table, broken pottery on the floor, covered in dust. Undeterred, he began to search methodically, until he found a hidden outline of a door in the rocky mountainside that made up the rear wall of the house. He pushed on the door, his heart beating rapidly as the door swung inward, revealing a tunnel into the mountain, lit by a series of halogen lights.

"I'll tell you this once," came Ahriman's voice from behind him. "Go no further." DH spun to see the Grand Master standing behind him. "Do not make me hurt you." said Ahriman evenly.

"Boomslang... did you..?" DH was concerned for his travelling companion.

"Though I defeated him," admitted Ahriman, "I was unable to deliver a fatal blow before he crawled over the cliff's edge, and scaled down the sheer wall." He nodded in respect. "He was no match for my prowess, but his skills were indeed impressive!"

"I can't stop, not now," DH stood firm. "I've come so far. Why do you want to hide the truth?"

"Knowing what truth will benefit the real is the price of wisdom," said Ahriman. "As is the duty to act on that knowledge!" Ahriman moved forward quickly, striking like a snake at DH, who knew he was no match for the martial artist. However, at that exact point, a jet of hot steam was released from a pipe above Ahriman, and he cried out in pain and fell back.

"Come, quickly!" A voice from behind DH spoke with urgency, and he turned to see a wizened old man in loose white clothing, many of his organic parts replaced with advanced cybernetic technology, glowing bluish-green all through the complex series of tubes and wires and metallic supports. Together, they ran through a door and slammed it shut behind them, and DH was relieved to hear a lock click into place.

He turned to the tiny old man. "Are you Tenquist?"

"Indeed I am," said the ancient cyborg. "I was Chief Advisor to Serenity the Technomagus. And only I know why she disappeared!"

"Please, tell me! Can we... can we rescue her? Save her?"

Tenquist chuckled at DH's earnest questions. "You don't understand - she doesn't need saving. Over the years, her organic components began to atrophy, and as she became more and more machine, she could feel her empathy for life slipping away. She decided on a new plan: to become completely one with the Lifeforce, and to be reborn, reincarnated, as the new Luminarch!"

DH was almost speechless. "Is she... did it...work?"

Tenquist nodded sagely. "Yes it did. Several decades ago. I used to visit her sometimes, but as she grew older, she began to regain her memories, and she also began to see what the world had become in her indifference and absence! And one day, she left. I have sent emissaries in all directions to find her, but to no avail."

He reached out and grabbed DH's hand. "She is out there somewhere, and I don't know what she plans to do!"

The Brutal Executioner failed to kill Metalmarsh. Ahriman failed to kill Boomslang. The Rogue Mercenary and Azura Nokomis totally killed Ricochet. Ahriman failed to kill Dharmahelper.

It is now Day 10. There was one missing PM last night. The Position is 2. The thread will now unlock.
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 181

Post by Black Rock »

Caelia wrote:The enemies of peace are scattered like leaves in the wind.
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Re: Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (Day 10)

Post by DharmaHelper »

Are you fucking serious.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Re: Recruitment Mafia IV: Night 9 2.0 End

Post by Marmot »

Long Con wrote:The Brutal Executioner failed to kill Metalmarsh.
:faint:

Linki: Are you even killable DH?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:

Are you? :haha:

ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

Are you? :haha:
I don't know man. I just work here.

But this is like the fifth kill you survived or something.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

DrWilgy
Posts in topic: 177

Re: Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (Day 10)

Post by DrWilgy »

Quite the night :clap: Welcome back Rico!
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?

Return to “Previous Jobs”