Host/non
72%

Total votes: 18
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 491

Re: Mafia: A World Reborn Game Thread - Day 1

Post by Golden »

S~V~S wrote:i am a bit confused with this. Are you saying that becasue his answers in the Dune thread were to your liking, that you think he's good in THIS thread?

But you're voting for Sorsha for posting the same thing in both threads, although Mac did the identical thing?
No, to both.

I am saying that I am comfortable that I don't find the Mac stuff suspicious in itself.
And that I find Sorsha suspicious, but not because she posted the same thing in both threads.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 260
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

a2thezebra wrote:I don't like discussing what Mac's doing here because it's effecting two games, and I don't like being in a position where it feels necessary for me to talk about what's going on in another game (unless it's OT) to justify anything I have to say about the one I'm currently posting in. Of course, Matt F himself is in a much worse position for the same reasons and then some. That being said, I believe that a self-vote is a mortal sin in any mafia game. As long as Matt F's vote remains on himself, so will mine.

Matt F
Metalmarsh89

Aw shit, I can't do that. :blush:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 342

Post by Matt »

Sorry Zebra, vote stays. I was pretty caught off guard with this nonsense, but as Sorsha demonstrated, it's obviously not just Mac who feels this way. If I'm around after Day 1, legit scum hunting will begin. If not, good luck town! :beer:
Image Image Image Image
LoRab
Loan Shark
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Matt F wrote:Sorry Zebra, vote stays. I was pretty caught off guard with this nonsense, but as Sorsha demonstrated, it's obviously not just Mac who feels this way. If I'm around after Day 1, legit scum hunting will begin. If not, good luck town! :beer:
For all you know they're just trying to rile you up. Self voting and giving up are not helpful--certainly not if you're civie.

I really don't understand the self vote.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

I don't understand the inter-linking two games policy lynch bizness, but I'm just goin' with the flow. :beer:
Image Image Image Image
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

LoRab wrote:
Matt F wrote:Sorry Zebra, vote stays. I was pretty caught off guard with this nonsense, but as Sorsha demonstrated, it's obviously not just Mac who feels this way. If I'm around after Day 1, legit scum hunting will begin. If not, good luck town! :beer:
For all you know they're just trying to rile you up. Self voting and giving up are not helpful--certainly not if you're civie.

I really don't understand the self vote.
He doesn't appear to be riled up, so their plan isn't working.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 337

Re: Mafia: A World Reborn Game Thread - Night 0

Post by Dom »

MacDougall wrote:
Dom wrote:
MacDougall wrote:It is my modus operandi as a mafia player on this website to tunnel MattF in every game until one of us are dead. You are officially forewarned of my intention in every game we both play in.
Hello Dom! Pleasure to make your acquaintance.

Don't mind that post my friend. I was just being a little bit playful.
You're confusing me more with every post.
Turnip Head wrote:Obviously not something I can act on toDay, but this post by Bullz caught my hindsight eye. It feels like the least genuine vote for Prog.
Bullzeye wrote:Voting Prog not because it's my favourite. Nor is it my least favourite. It's the only option in the poll I have absolutely no opinion on either way and that makes it noteworthy to me.
Everyone else voted for their favorite option on Day 0. Bullzeye voted for a "noteworthy" one. :ponder:
...and?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
TheFloyd73
The Mark
Posts in topic: 51
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by TheFloyd73 »

Banana, your vote for BUGLABUSH, explain.
Winner:
Tree Mafia (MVP)
Lost Again Mafia (Season One)
Haiku Mafia
Game Of Champions 2016

Host:
Currents Mafia
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 104

Post by sig »

BANANA vote is interesting won't put to much weight into it right know would like to see some posts though don't worry i won't bite...........much.

This Mac/Matt thing and so many of the same players is confusing me, but I might as well state the same thing. I know off policy lynches I dislike policy lynches, but MAc's vote isn't that suspicious.

@Golden why do you find Sorsha suspicious?
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Typhoony wrote:So when is the game actually starting?
What do you mean by this Typhoony?
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 181
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

I guess I should say something. It's a generally understood rule that you don't discuss ongoing games outside of the game thread. No more Dune talk. It doesn't matter what's going on in that game when you are here.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 319
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Bullzeye wrote:Didn't mean to press submit just yet. I have several favourite genres of music and felt that rather than pick one I'd just pick something different. I don't see why it should have to mean something.
It doesn't have to mean something, but it could mean something, in a poll where we were told to pick our favorite genre and everybody did that but you. It is, at the very least, noteworthy :P And you saying "I don't see why it should have to mean something" instead of "it doesn't mean anything" also has me curious.

Dom wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:Obviously not something I can act on toDay, but this post by Bullz caught my hindsight eye. It feels like the least genuine vote for Prog.
Bullzeye wrote:Voting Prog not because it's my favourite. Nor is it my least favourite. It's the only option in the poll I have absolutely no opinion on either way and that makes it noteworthy to me.
Everyone else voted for their favorite option on Day 0. Bullzeye voted for a "noteworthy" one. :ponder:
...and?
...and three players were told that voting Prog would get them off the poll, one civ, one baddie, and one independent. I don't understand what you're looking for me to say here.
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 176

Post by Sorsha »

I'm sorry Matt. I don't want you to feel like you're unwanted here and I really don't like being associated with advocating the policy lynch of you (or anyone). All I was really trying to say was that if no pings or suspicions or anything came up that I might consider voting you, just today, just this one game.... Not forever and ever on every game we play together. I'm sorry if it seemed like I was hanging up on you there.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 119
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Turnip Head, you forgot to take your vote off of me.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 136

Post by Bullzeye »

Turnip Head wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:Didn't mean to press submit just yet. I have several favourite genres of music and felt that rather than pick one I'd just pick something different. I don't see why it should have to mean something.
It doesn't have to mean something, but it could mean something, in a poll where we were told to pick our favorite genre and everybody did that but you. It is, at the very least, noteworthy :P And you saying "I don't see why it should have to mean something" instead of "it doesn't mean anything" also has me curious.
Well... It doesn't mean anything, but it doesn't have to either. You're the one trying to attribute meaning where it doesn't exist. Given that LC has confirmed there was info about one option, I think it's safe to guess there was info about others too. So I doubt everyone else voted for their favourite.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

juliets wrote:Turnip Head, you forgot to take your vote off of me.
Now I'm voting for you because you rejected my trade offer :mad:

Kidding. I'll switch to TinyBubbles for now, and ask her "Are you bad this game, TinyBubbles?"
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Turnip Head until he takes his vote off of juliets.

Linki: Now I look the fool.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Bullzeye wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
Well... It doesn't mean anything, but it doesn't have to either. You're the one trying to attribute meaning where it doesn't exist. Given that LC has confirmed there was info about one option, I think it's safe to guess there was info about others too. So I doubt everyone else voted for their favourite.
That's fair, it's possible players lied about their favorite genre to gain some sort of edge. But it's easier and theoretically more productive to question the one guy who didn't vote for his favorite genre (and gained an edge) than it is to question the 29 that ostensibly voted according to the poll's question.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Turnip Head until he takes his vote off of juliets.

Linki: Now I look the fool.
Metalmarsh because I've already taken my-- oh, wait, :ponder:

So we can't lynch Metalmarsh on Day 1? Is there no justice in the world reborn?
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Sorsha wrote:
I'm sorry Matt. I don't want you to feel like you're unwanted here and I really don't like being associated with advocating the policy lynch of you (or anyone). All I was really trying to say was that if no pings or suspicions or anything came up that I might consider voting you, just today, just this one game.... Not forever and ever on every game we play together. I'm sorry if it seemed like I was hanging up on you there.
Well lets hope something comes up then. Since personally this post seems quite pingy to me. Your basically saying you would vote for someone if nothing else came up since others are voting for him? Though it seems you only made this post since Matt mentioned you specifically in his post. It seems you're backpedaling but still leaving the option of a Matt lynch it is a good wagon for the mafia to join, you won't really need a reason and I can easily see scum making a post like this, then quoting it later in the phase to justify their lynch.
ImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 136

Post by Bullzeye »

Turnip Head wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
That's fair, it's possible players lied about their favorite genre to gain some sort of edge. But it's easier and theoretically more productive to question the one guy who didn't vote for his favorite genre (and gained an edge) than it is to question the 29 that ostensibly voted according to the poll's question.
Question away. I didn't have any info. All I thought was "oh look it's day zero, there is a poll, I don't know what to say is my favourite with such a varied taste in music so I'll vote for the one that stands out because I don't know enough of it to really have an opinion". I don't take day zero seriously.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Fair enough Bullz.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

sig wrote:BANANA vote is interesting won't put to much weight into it right know would like to see some posts though don't worry i won't bite...........much.

This Mac/Matt thing and so many of the same players is confusing me, but I might as well state the same thing. I know off policy lynches I dislike policy lynches, but MAc's vote isn't that suspicious.

@Golden why do you find Sorsha suspicious?
Golden wrote:
Sorsha wrote:I posted it on both games because he said the same thing in both games! Lol.. I don't get how that's suspish but ok!

I have the feeling if I hadn't said it in both games someone would say "why'd you say that here but not in the other game?"
It's not the fact you posted it in both games that is suspicious. It's the fact you posted it at all. I think it sets you up for an easy MattF lynch, which could be to your advantage. In at least one game.
Because I think Sorsha agreeing with Mac's policy lynch is far more suspicious than mac having raised it in the first place, and I felt like it is not what I'd normally expect from civ sorsha (feels kinda off) and because its an easy way to set up for a Matt vote later.

Also:
Long Con wrote:I guess I should say something. It's a generally understood rule that you don't discuss ongoing games outside of the game thread. No more Dune talk. It doesn't matter what's going on in that game when you are here.
I want to make clear again that I do not suspect Sorsha because of anything she did in any place except this thread.

I apologise for raising the point that she said what she said in BOTH threads. I clearly confused people, including Sorsha. It's hard to navigate around why you find someone suspicious for something when they say the same thing in two games at once, without acknowledging that fact. As with Sorsha, I didn't want the fact that I was only saying something in one game to be used against me. I find the comment from Sorsha suspicious. Full stop. I voted for her because votes are changeable. I hope this clears up any doubt that I am trying to bring another thread into this game, it is not my intent.
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 176

Post by Sorsha »

sig wrote:
Sorsha wrote:
Well lets hope something comes up then. Since personally this post seems quite pingy to me. Your basically saying you would vote for someone if nothing else came up since others are voting for him? Though it seems you only made this post since Matt mentioned you specifically in his post. It seems you're backpedaling but still leaving the option of a Matt lynch it is a good wagon for the mafia to join, you won't really need a reason and I can easily see scum making a post like this, then quoting it later in the phase to justify their lynch.
I've already explained how I'd vote today in the posts between LoRab and I. And I thought it was clear that I'd not be voting for Matt? This explanation here was an apology for Matt for making him feel like he's not wanted. Trying to explain what I meant I guess.!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Typhoony
I'm an Economist
Posts in topic: 89

Post by Typhoony »

sig wrote:
Typhoony wrote:So when is the game actually starting?
What do you mean by this Typhoony?
I read the Day 1 posts after I woke up: Mac's bullshit didn't really have anything to do with this game and Dune was leaking over into this thread.

Hence my question when this game would be starting.
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 293

Post by S~V~S »

a2thezebra wrote:
Yay :wine:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Can we just play this game independent of every other game going on right now?
This ^^
Golden wrote:
S~V~S wrote:i am a bit confused with this. Are you saying that becasue his answers in the Dune thread were to your liking, that you think he's good in THIS thread?

But you're voting for Sorsha for posting the same thing in both threads, although Mac did the identical thing?
No, to both.

I am saying that I am comfortable that I don't find the Mac stuff suspicious in itself.
And that I find Sorsha suspicious, but not because she posted the same thing in both threads.
That is not at all how I read it. But OK.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

@SVS - perhaps it's not how you read it because I'm trying very hard NOT to conflate the threads, which then becomes something which you sort of think I am doing.

But, for me, posting the same thoughts on the same people in both threads would only further hurt the attempt to separate the threads, but I think I did the opposite instead.

My point is:

I don't find Mac suspicious for his MattF stuff
I do find Sorsha suspicious for following Mac into the MattF stuff.

I don't think Mac is 'good' because I find his answers to my liking. In a rainbow list, I'd have him in the middle, grey neutral.
NANANANANANA_BANANA
Posts in topic: 5

Post by NANANANANANA_BANANA »

I vote for Matt F because he has caused a lot of arguments for no good reason.
BANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANAN
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

NANANANANANA_BANANA wrote:I vote for Matt F because he has caused a lot of arguments for no good reason.
You think it was him and not Mac that caused the arguments?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

NANANANANANA_BANANA wrote:I vote for Matt F because he has caused a lot of arguments for no good reason.
Banana, I dont understand. What has he done exactly to cause an argument? What arguments are you talking about?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
TheFloyd73
The Mark

Post by TheFloyd73 »

Ugh, I'm finding it hard choosing between Matt and Mac. :omg:
Winner:
Tree Mafia (MVP)
Haiku Mafia
Game Of Champions 2016

Host:
Currents Mafia
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

TheFloyd73 wrote:Ugh, I'm finding it hard choosing between Matt and Mac. :omg:
Are those your only options?
TheFloyd73
The Mark

Post by TheFloyd73 »

Turnip Head wrote:
Are those your only options?
No, but they're my biggest at the moment.
Winner:
Tree Mafia (MVP)
Haiku Mafia
Game Of Champions 2016

Host:
Currents Mafia
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Why would you vote for Matt? Why would you vote for Mac?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

FTR, I don't find Mac or Sorsha suspect because of the policy lynch bizness, I felt they were quite sincere. :beer:

Banana, which of your teammates told you to say that about me? :workit:
Image Image Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 408

Post by MacDougall »

Floyd you aren't a noob anymore so I will be voting you for looking for an easy place to put your questionable vote.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

He ain't in the poll either. What the heck without pants on.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 337

Post by Dom »

Turnip Head wrote:

Dom wrote:
...and?
...and three players were told that voting Prog would get them off the poll, one civ, one baddie, and one independent. I don't understand what you're looking for me to say here.
But that makes it equally likely that Bullz is civ or bad.... that's why I don't understand why you seemed to imply it makes Bullz worth voting for.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 181
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

A message has been written in smoke above you in the sky:
Dear thread,
As we all know, Yin & Yang have been searching for each other their whole life. The least we can do is help them follow their destiny.

I suggest that Yin & Yang meet at E6 on Day 4. We may all enjoy the unexpected results of their encounter.

Yes, dear thread, I understand your concerns. Is this a trap? Are we all going to get killed? Why are you trying to help Yin & Yang?
All very valid questions… But the fact remains that this is the best chance Yin & Yang have of meeting.
Do with that as you please.

Greetings,
A concerned party.
TheFloyd73
The Mark

Post by TheFloyd73 »

Matt F, I'm perplexed by your vote for yourself and the statements you're making in both threads.

Mac, your confusion makes me wonder how much of the thread you have read. :eye:
Winner:
Tree Mafia (MVP)
Haiku Mafia
Game Of Champions 2016

Host:
Currents Mafia
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

:beer:
Image Image Image Image
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Floyd, while you're here I'd like to get an answer to my questions about Matt and Mac. You can't use the Mac confusion issue for the answer about him because that came after you declared you were having a hard time deciding between the two of them.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

TheFloyd73 wrote:Matt F, I'm perplexed by your vote for yourself and the statements you're making in both threads.

Floyd, you referencing posts in both threads makes me wonder how much of the thread you have read.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 211

Post by Epignosis »

Pro-Tip:

S~V~S is always bad in Black Con games. :dark:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
TheFloyd73
The Mark

Post by TheFloyd73 »

MacDougall wrote:
TheFloyd73 wrote:Matt F, I'm perplexed by your vote for yourself and the statements you're making in both threads.

Floyd, you referencing posts in both threads makes me wonder how much of the thread you have read.
Fine, go ahead, vote for me.

Oh, wait. :haha:
Winner:
Tree Mafia (MVP)
Haiku Mafia
Game Of Champions 2016

Host:
Currents Mafia
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Epignosis wrote:Pro-Tip:

In the first recruitment game on TP, I was the civvie recruiter. I was a civ in the LOST Map game on RM as well.

Get it straight Epi.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

TheFloyd73 wrote:
MacDougall wrote:

Okay I will ensure you are lynched on day 2 for this post alone.
NANANANANANA_BANANA
Posts in topic: 5

Post by NANANANANANA_BANANA »

Oh come on get a sense of humour!
BANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANAN
Luke11646
Posts in topic: 24

Post by Luke11646 »

MacDougall wrote:
TheFloyd73 wrote:
MacDougall wrote:

Okay I will ensure you are lynched on day 2 for this post alone.
Lol
If you can't fix it with duct tape, your not using enough duct tape.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 211

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Pro-Tip:

In the first recruitment game on TP, I was the civvie recruiter. I was a civ in the LOST Map game on RM as well.

Get it straight Epi.
And I've never been bad. :grin:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/

Return to “Previous Jobs”