72%

Total votes: 18
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 211

Re: Mafia: A World Reborn Game Thread - Night 5

Post by Epignosis »

LoRab wrote:
DrWilgy wrote: LoRab, will you dance with me until dawn?
You want me to dance with the devil in the pale moon light? Eh...sure...why not...
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 260
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Epignosis wrote:
LoRab wrote:
DrWilgy wrote: LoRab, will you dance with me until dawn?
You want me to dance with the devil in the pale moon light? Eh...sure...why not...
I'm Batman.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 293

Post by S~V~S »

It's a tactic; one i disagree with. But it has a strategic goal which makes it a tactic.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S, what do you think of juliets now?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

My opinion of Juliets is pointless, it's why i tend not to weigh in on her. I always think she is bad. I am the person who lynched her for being too nice, lol. I think she has been waffly and evasive. But I also think some people were unfairly aggressive with her. TH come to mind with his constant "Where is Juliets :puppy: " posts even though people who are friends with juliets outside of mafia told him she was afk.

So to answer your question, while I would not be incredibly surprised were Juliets to flip bad, I don't particularly think she is.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote:My opinion of Juliets is pointless, it's why i tend not to weigh in on her. I always think she is bad. I am the person who lynched her for being too nice, lol. I think she has been waffly and evasive. But I also think some people were unfairly aggressive with her. TH come to mind with his constant "Where is Juliets :puppy: " posts even though people who are friends with juliets outside of mafia told him she was afk.

So to answer your question, while I would not be incredibly surprised were Juliets to flip bad, I don't particularly think she is.
That's bizarre to me. I always think she's good. And here I think she's bad.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

LOL~ you don't know her as long, perhaps. The game I lynched her for being too nice was at Hedville, and we have not had games there for years.

She is such a gracious lady that she tends to come across as always good, which is perhaps why I tend to suspect her for the most part.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 491

Post by Golden »

Probably because the universe dictates it to be so, I also have always seen juliet the exact opposite way to SVS.

One thing is actually the same, though, I think... juliet definitely seems different this game, which would explain why we are all reading her the opposite of how we normally do.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

you don't find her to be a gracious lady?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

S~V~S wrote:you don't find her to be a gracious lady?
:scared:

:beer: well played SVS :p

Juliet always comes across as herself, I think, which is someone so nice that she couldn't possibly be bad. Heiots used to too.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Good. Because i don't see how someone could find Juliets to be otherwise, not even you :)

As i said, I tend to overcompensate for Juliets actual person and think she is bad most games, So my opinion is for shit.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 119
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

I have been reading back over the last couple of days and see that there is still confusion about my nutella vote and my luke vote on the day we voted twice. i voted luke first in the first part of the day which I'm pretty sure was Friday night. Epi then made a point that he didn't understand why people who had voted nutella the day before (I was one of those people) weren't voting her in the first half of the day.
Epignosis wrote:I'm voting nutella now. It astonishes me that Luke had one vote Day 3 when nutella had 9, and now Luke has a mob on him.

I think it's telling that some people thought two people would be lynched Day 3, voted nutella, and then make little to no mention of her now. And some of these people were uncomfortable with the notion of a double lynch for Day 4.
I commented that this was a good point and changed my vote to nutella, underlining here why i hadn't already.
juliets wrote:Epi's point is a good point and like I said, my vote for luke was provisional. I haven't stopped suspecting nutella I just didnt think it could happen today. So I will change my vote to nutella.
For the next half of the day I was on the road all day. When I got to my destination early I went in and reviewed the thread for the day to see if Luke (who I already suspected) had answered any of the questions people had thrown at him. He had answered some but the answers weren't sufficient so I voted for him. I voted for him last because I didn't even log on that night until somewhere between 8:30 and 9:00.

I really don't understand why any of this is suspicious. People who think it is suspicious should take another minute and read my posts during that period of time. I have the impression that people are taking it for granted that these votes are in some way bad. I'm happy to answer questions about this - i have answered some already - just bear with me on the timing of my response.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Juliet, one thing I'm interested in.

Do you agree - whether for civ or bad reasons - with assertions that you are playing this game noticeably different to usual?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Golden wrote:Juliet, one thing I'm interested in.

Do you agree - whether for civ or bad reasons - with assertions that you are playing this game noticeably different to usual?
No, thats one of the things that surprises me about what people are saying. I'm playing the same game I always play so I don't understand what people are seeing. That may be the most frustrating thing about this whole thing for me. I've even gone on trips before during games and not been able to post, just like this game.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 337

Re: Mafia: A World Reborn Game Thread - Day 5

Post by Dom »

juliets wrote:
Dom wrote:Didn't sound very worried here:
juliets wrote:I'm voting Canuck for obvious reasons.
I was of course worried. It looked like I was getting lynched. I don't know what you expected me to say to "sound worried".

I am going to vote "it depends" because I have played in both open and closed formats and it is different depending on format.
I'm not sure how simply saying "I'm voting someone for obvious reasons" is urgent.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 408

Post by MacDougall »

juliets if you were scum who would you defibitely not kill?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Dom wrote:
juliets wrote:
I was of course worried. It looked like I was getting lynched. I don't know what you expected me to say to "sound worried".

I am going to vote "it depends" because I have played in both open and closed formats and it is different depending on format.
I'm not sure how simply saying "I'm voting someone for obvious reasons" is urgent.
Urgent? What do you mean? Urgent in that I needed to get it in before the lynch ended? I think you may mean something else, not urgent. Can you ask in a different way?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

MacDougall wrote:juliets if you were scum who would you defibitely not kill?
I can't even imagine being scum.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

juliets wrote:
:suspish:
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

juliets wrote:
Juliet, this would be literally the perfect signature for you.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

juliets wrote:
Dom wrote:
juliets wrote:

Urgent? What do you mean? Urgent in that I needed to get it in before the lynch ended? I think you may mean something else, not urgent. Can you ask in a different way?
You made the absolute bare minimum attempt to save yourself.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Dom, this case on juliets...is it perfect?

Or no?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Dom wrote:
juliets wrote:
Dom wrote:
juliets wrote:

You made the absolute bare minimum attempt to save yourself.
Oh I see. That's because I was only on long enough to vote - there wasn't time for me to go through a defense, it was a very busy time for me with family and they were more important than the game. Now that I am facing lynch again and I have more time to argue my case and I am doing so. There's not a lot for me to grab onto except the issue about my nutella/luke votes and the fact that I don't "feel" right.

Just in case I'm not on again tonight let me just remind everyone I drive home tomorrow. I will be online Fri morn early, have an appointment mid-day and will be on again in the late afternoon and evening.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Epignosis wrote:Dom, this case on juliets...is it perfect?

Or no?
I'm pretty convinced by it.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 181
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

-= Signature Move =-

sig woke from his shallow sleep with a start. Something was out there, just beyond the firelight's dim embers. He was sure that had been a twig snapping.

He began to slowly reach for a weapon when a shape burst from the shadowy treeline, straight toward him! He quickly threw up an arm as the Circle of Death assassin tried to fillet him with a curved black dagger. The dagger flared with a purple light, as did the assassin's eyes, and it leapt back to lunge in again, attacking his side. sig spun and dove, scooping up a thick tree branch as he rolled. Turning onto his back, sig swung the branch, slamming the side of his attacker's head as it came at him again, relentless.

sig leapt to his feet as the dark figure shook off the blow, and they squared off. The figure cackled and its eyes flared again, and this time the fire's embers flared up in a purple fiery tentacle, reaching for sig. sig swung at it futilely with the branch, but the flames simply washed over him. He screamed in pain, and then stiffened as the figure buried the dagger deep into his chest.

sig fell to the ground, and the figure was gone before his eyes had closed forever.

Tranq's eyes opened, and he blinked in confusion. He sat up slowly, recognizing the rising sun, and beginning to remember what had happened.

sig has been killed by the Circle of Decay. Tranq has been resurrected!

It is now Day 6.
Long Con
So Divine

Re: Mafia: A World Reborn Game Thread - Day 6

Post by Long Con »

Thread is unlocked.
HamburgerBoy
The Mark
Posts in topic: 173

Post by HamburgerBoy »

juliets
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 90

Post by DrWilgy »

Sig... He was my friend...

Tranq, why do you think you were brought back so quickly?
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 90

Post by DrWilgy »

Q4All: Why do you think Tranq was killed in the first place?
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 176

Post by Sorsha »

Sig :(
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 27

Post by DFaraday »

RIP Sig, I was leaning more civ on you by this point. I still think Floyd would be a good place to look today, but I want to look over Matt's posts as well.

DrWilgy wrote:
DFaraday wrote:I put fail since I'm very much against role claiming. I've been on both sides of it in the past, and in my view in detracts from the game in principle. That's not what the poll question is asking, I just want to be anti-role claiming. :noble:

And I guess it's good that Canuck is gone if she was leaving traps.
How do you know they are traps?

...because SVS said it was a trap?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 342

Post by Matt »

Why do you want to look over my posts, DF, do you think I'm bad? :faint:
Image Image Image Image
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

Matt F wrote:Why do you want to look over my posts, DF, do you think I'm bad? :faint:
I'm just not entirely convinced you wanted to save Luke just because he's new. But as that's pretty much the only ping I have from you, I'm definitely more interested in Floyd right now.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

DFaraday wrote:
Matt F wrote:Why do you want to look over my posts, DF, do you think I'm bad? :faint:
I'm just not entirely convinced you wanted to save Luke just because he's new. But as that's pretty much the only ping I have from you, I'm definitely more interested in Floyd right now.
I'm interested in Metalmarsh. And Turnip Head. Maybe both of them.

Oh and Bullzeye, always Bullzeye
Image Image Image Image
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Dfaraday-- why Floyd?

I'm more interested in Mac.

But i'd also like to lynch Juliets.
Long Con
So Divine

Mafia: A World Reborn Game Thread - Day 6 kill

Post by Long Con »

-= Murder! =-

Epignosis was still reeling from the previous night's events, when his situation took a turn for the worse. He was completely unaware of the killer who appeared behind him with an Obsidian Dagger.

The Obsidian Dagger pierced Epignosis' heart, killing him instantly.

Epignosis has been killed by a player wielding the Obsidian Dagger.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

:eek:
Image Image Image Image
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

zoinks!
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

Dom wrote:Dfaraday-- why Floyd?

I'm more interested in Mac.

But i'd also like to lynch Juliets.

I felt his RIP for Luke was a bit odd, and paired with his vote for Nutella when the votes were very close makes me think he could be Luke's teammate. Also, Tranq went after Floyd (including a post pointing out a comment of Floyd's which sounded coached) and was summarily NKed. It could be a setup, but I think it's more likely that he's part of Luke's team.

And RIP Epi!
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 204

Post by Tranq »

DrWilgy wrote:Tranq, why do you think you were brought back so quickly?
The Island wasn't done with me yet.

Floyd, why did you NK me?
TheFloyd73
The Mark
Posts in topic: 51
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by TheFloyd73 »

Tranq wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Tranq, why do you think you were brought back so quickly?
The Island wasn't done with me yet.

Floyd, why did you NK me?
??? :confused2:
Winner:
Tree Mafia (MVP)
Lost Again Mafia (Season One)
Haiku Mafia
Game Of Champions 2016

Host:
Currents Mafia
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 260
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Matt F wrote:
DFaraday wrote:
I'm interested in Metalmarsh. And Turnip Head. Maybe both of them.

Oh and Bullzeye, always Bullzeye
I'm cheap and available. :beer:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Voting timmer 2.0, because I believe he killed both timmer 1.0 and sig. I will be voting timmer every opportunity I have until he is dead.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

And I would beseech everyone else to join me, beseech beseech!

I think he was responsible for killing epi too, btw. Villain :mad:
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 162

Post by fingersplints »

Ripiywg sig and Epi
Gro-oo-ovy
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Golden wrote:And I would beseech everyone else to join me, beseech beseech!

I think he was responsible for killing epi too, btw. Villain :mad:
Can you possibly tell us how/why?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 408

Post by MacDougall »

Hi golden,

Would you mind holding your horses while we lynch juliets on account of her being scum? Thanks.
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 104

Post by sig »

Well what a way to go I survived three days of bandwagoning to be killed by some Japanese porn monster. :suspish:
Rezz please :beer:
ImageImage
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 185

Post by Draconus »

juliets wrote:
:haha: The correct answer here was "MacDougall. Because he's my teammate." :nicenod:

:rip: Epi :rip: Sig
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 185

Post by Draconus »

Voting Floyd again.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"

Return to “Previous Jobs”