72%

Total votes: 18
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 260
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Re: Mafia: A World Reborn Game Thread - Day 8

Post by LoRab »

Matt F wrote:I dunno about Lorab. Again, the first two times juliets was lynched Lorab voted for Mac.

Here is an interesting quote from after Mac was non-lynched...
LoRab wrote:
MacDougall wrote:No tie breaker = juliets has negative votes right?
Or you have additional votes.
She would eventually place a vote on juliets after this was said (after 7 others did and she was clearly being lynched that day), but I dunno. Does this seem like she's defending juliets or is she still eyeing Mac?

Also, Epig specifically asked Lorab how she felt about Luke after Luke was lynched. Lorab said she would elaborate on her thoughts on Luke later, but never does, save one post where she believes that juliet was a Luke teamie.

Shortly afterwards, Epig was killed by the Obsidian Dagger. I wonder, why would Epig specifically ask Lorab about Luke? :ponder:
I forgot Epig asked me, tbh. I need to reread Luke to remember my thoughts--IIRC, I read that lynch in retrospect, knowing the result, so hard to judge what I had thought. No idea why Epig asked me--was I online at the time and he wanted to ask me something while I was on, maybe? I know it was when I was away, but I don't remember when what was going on during that week. But, no, I didn't kill Epig, if that's what you're suggesting. Also, why would I kill Epig--he asked me a question. Even if I forgot to answer it, it wasn't an accusation or anything.

And, also, we don't know that whoever killed Epig was bad. And Timmer sort of implied that it may have been him, although inadvertant. So, just saying unclear on that.

And I was still suspish of Mac (and am), but went for Juliets that round, upon realizing that she was bad, too.

But, yeah. If you have other questions, please ask away!!
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 342

Post by Matt »

Okay, so this is fun... (btw hosts, you've got Bug's ISO when you click Drac on the front page!)
juliets wrote:I'm voting for non-changeable votes, and Draconus welcome.

I am getting ready to leave for a long trip that will be driving all day Saturday, stopping but after lynch time, and then driving part of the day Sunday. I will have to vote before I go to bed on Friday night to get my vote in. Draconus, welcome.

Glad to have you Draconus, welcome.
Wtf?
Draconus wrote:
Golden wrote:Putting my vote on luke too. For one, to once again try to save sig, the person who continues to be suspected based on a case he is on a team that he is not on. For second, because I do think luke is a good use of a lynch on a day we have two.
Can you elaborate please?

I can be willing to move my vote to Luke until I here more about Sig. Just to be fair.
I can be willing? Sounds like a mash of "I am willing" and "I can be convinced". Anyway...
Draconus wrote:Thank you for elaborating, Golden. I haven't had time to go back and do some reading yet. I will move my vote to Luke for now. Any reason to suspect that Luke is a civ? It seems like it would be a waste to use one of these lynches on an inactive civ. Do you have any suspects, Golden?
juliets wrote:I am torn about Luke because he could easily be just an inactive civ like Draconus was asking about...
Draconus wrote:
juliets wrote:I am torn about Luke because he could easily be just an inactive civ like Draconus was asking about or like others have said he could be hiding behind his low posts. Tranq pointed out the few questions Luke asked but there is no digging for info like I would expect from someone who asks questions. There's just not a lot there (though SVS makes a good point that he has posted more than Canuck who voted for him for not being present). Despite some reservations (like this is feeling like a bandwagon) I'm going to go ahead and vote Luke and change my vote if something else comes up that I feel is a better vote.
Thank you for bringing this back up! I don't like this bandwagon that has quickly formed.
Draconus wrote:Thank you to both SVS and Typhoony. That was very helpful. I'm getting more and more uncomfortable with the Luke bandwagon, so I'm moving my vote again. nutella
Then after Luke is lynched, I believe Canuck and a few others voted juliets...
Draconus wrote:Great result!!
So why Juliets?
Draconus wrote:I'd still like to know why Juliets, if anyone missed my earlier question. I ended up having to work today, so there won't be much free time :(
Draconus wrote:Putting my vote on Canuck. Really right now my only suspicion of her is because of her Luke vote. It reeked of indifferent baddie bandwagon voting...ness. But seriously, though, her vote post did strike me as that of a mafia member throwing her vote on the tail end of a bandwagon to attempt to blend in with the rest.

Linki: I think it's worth noting that my vote here has nothing to do with Typhoony's defense post of Juliets. I still am unsure of how to feel about her myself.
Draconus wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I don't get why Canucklehead is more suspicious to some people than juliets.
I read your posts below this and kind of understand your vote for me. To respond to this post: I voted for Canucklehead over Juliets because I still haven't had time to read through Juliets' posts. All I've been able to do so far is to just stay current. However, I will do my best to give that a shot tonight. I can't guarantee it will happen, though.

Question for you, though: Did you happen to read my self-defense post among my triple posts? No one ever responded to it that I could see.
Drac, a question over this next post...
Draconus wrote:
juliets wrote:
MacDougall wrote:juliets if you were scum who would you defibitely not kill?
I can't even imagine being scum.
:haha: The correct answer here was "MacDougall. Because he's my teammate." :nicenod:

:rip: Epi :rip: Sig
Were you having fun with juliets or being serious? Cuz two minutes later exactly you voted for Floyd

Hmmmmmm
Image Image Image Image
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 337

Post by Dom »

Voted floyd. I've been looking at him/Mac for a long time, and it took a back burner for juliets.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 136

Post by Bullzeye »

Also voted Floyd. I think he's likely bad and he seems to want out anyway. Now I am actually leaving so forget what I said about staying up all night because that was apparently a lie.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 491

Post by Golden »

Voted Floyd. I'm comfortable with the lynch going this way, especially as Floyd isn't that keen on playing this one anyway.

Lets hope it nabs Tranq's killer!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 408

Post by MacDougall »

LoRab wrote:I actually find floyd more suspicious with his desire to be replaced. I feel like a newer player who was civ would go with the flow and argue that they weren't bad, but a baddie is more likely to not know how to defend, and steps out. I would consider changing a vote there.
This one single post is the entire extent of LoRab's ISO referring to Floyd. :haha:
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

DrWilgy's references to Floyd...
DrWilgy wrote:
LoRab wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
LoRab wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
Golden wrote:It feels like a new post-juliets dawn where new suspicions need to come forth.

I have two clear thoughts so far. The first is that I can see a scenario where Dr Wilgy is bad and on the Cabal and they set up his 'death' knowing the night wouldn't count for cred. My impression from TH, and it was backed up somewhat when I asked about it in the thread, is that this is exactly the kind of gambit Wilgy would enjoy. It seems up his alley.
I am no longer intoxicated :D

Golden, how many times have we been on a team together? What makes you think this is up my alley? XD XD
You pretty just answered him by saying, "Wifom?" When, really, he was saying that this is totally something you would do. Also, it doesn't have to be up your alley or have been your idea, even. It could have been a scheme thought out by others on your team, and you cooperated with it. How would it not be up your alley, by the way?

And why did you ask people to night kill you? And why did you stop after night 6.1?

It also makes sense why LC would have told us late what the results of the first non-night were. Someone on your team reminded him.
Idk... Seems too simple... My schemes are more fun! Besides if I really wanted to have some clear, why would I ask people to kill me, rather than go with the flow? Just seems like too much work for something so insignificant. Also, why me rather than a teammate if that was the plan? Why wouldn't we save that play for when someone else needs an EZ clear.... Yes! This is why it's not my plan. Too many holes. Too many flaws. I wouldn't accept the plan even if it was my teamates.

I wanted to die because I didn't wanna play at the time... Better! I didnt wanna catch up DX

I do enjoy the speculation regarding the delay. Y'know... Considering this isn't the only time it has happened. Was this speculation genuine though... That is the questionoly.

Linki - Timmer, IDK bae. If those coincidences or gambits were forced to get me somewhat "cleared" as others described, it seems to be doing a pretty shitty job XD
In response to your wifom switcheroo goodness, I do think you would do it. I'm not sure your teammates would give you the chance to "accept" it, as I don't know who they are, but I know sometimes folks run with ideas before waiting to hear other views, why wouldn't you just ask for a replacement if you didn't want to play, I'm guessing that LC was reminded at other times about things he forgot to post (but your death is the only one connected to a baddie team, and why would anyone else necessarily want the result public, other than those who carried out the kill--and how would anyone other than the person that made it happen know that the original result was supposed to be in the post), why would the baddie team even care unless the result was significant, and yes the speculation is genuine.

And to your linkitis: sometimes plans don't go as planned.
Actually I replaced in! Also asking for a replacement isn't how I work.

I swapped in thinking I would have more time than what I did. Luckily I have recently regained the time.

I'm not sure about the floyd bonfire. Floyd and I were on the same team during TH and he never asked for a replacement even though he had some stoof to deal with. Seeing him ask for replacement now makes me think he has no commitment or team.
DrWilgy wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
Matt F wrote:
LoRab wrote:
Matt F wrote:I might have to reread Lorab as well. She voted for Mac the first two days juliets was on the chopping block, but on the third day voted for juliets after juliets had already taken 7 votes. Hmmmm
Please do. I have nothing to hide. If you have any questions, please ask. I'm civ, and all my actions have been civ. eye me all you want. :lorab:
Right now Bullz has taken priority over both you and HBoy. However, feel free to post on your meds, I still think that would be epic :workit:
See this is a good indication that you have had one OH YEAH ping and now you're preparing to tunnel Bullzeye for the rest of the game. :sigh:
Sorsha wrote:I think we've been over Floyd enough and it's time to finally get an answer on this so- voting Floyd.
Let's do it.

Wilgy come to the Floyd bonfire chode.
That looks more like a proper invitation :D I'll be there.
Step 1: Unsure about the Floyd bonfire
Step 2: Hell yeah to the Floyd bonfire

Such consistency. Much scum.
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

MacDougall wrote:
LoRab wrote:I actually find floyd more suspicious with his desire to be replaced. I feel like a newer player who was civ would go with the flow and argue that they weren't bad, but a baddie is more likely to not know how to defend, and steps out. I would consider changing a vote there.
This one single post is the entire extent of LoRab's ISO referring to Floyd. :haha:
Yes, I hadn't read him carefully earlier, and even having read him now, I don't see much either way. This itself struck me as suspicioius. So I pointed it out.

He has not been, nor does he continue to be, one of the players I'm most concerned about. What the crowd is doing isn't interestig to me, but isn't how I make decisions. Never has been. Yeah, I know, it makes me hard to read. And you're probably going to say it reads suspish to you. Well, it's you, so you're probably going to say it's scummy--I'm not used to playing with people who use that language, so it's not my default for examples. And I'm still getting used to reading it without cringing.

I'm sorry if I didn't find other things supicious earlier to fit into your little box of what people are supposed to do. I don't tend to fit into little boxes.

linkitis: It's so sweet that you think that there are definitive forumulae as to how baddies act. While I agree that Dr W is bad, it's not for the same reasons. But, go along.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Re: Mafia: A World Reborn Game Thread - Day 1

Post by MacDougall »

LoRab wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
Golden wrote:Friends may stick together, but don't forget that you might be on different sides in this game.
And that there is no illegal BTSC. 'Cause them both coming in like that is a little suspicious.
Okay I apologise but this needs addressing.

Team Floyd pop in reacting to each others interactions and are only online at the same time.

I see three possibilities.

1. Illegal BTSC
2. Floyd is using alts
3. Flod was given a role by Long Con that involves him posting with two dummy accounts as part of role flavour

I would like to believe it's the third because that would be awesome.

Unfortunately none of the three possibilities indicate alignment. The only reason I am entertaining option 3 is because I have played a role just like it and happened to link the thread in the Talking Heads game to it which may or may not have given LC a last minute idea.

I cannot see how they could be coordinating post timing if they aren't communicating outside the thread.
1 Is possible, but likely inadvertent and not realizing what illegal BTSC is.
2 As in he signed up for the game with multiple accounts? I can't imagine someone doing that on a friendly forum--and if there was suspicion of such, I'm sure the mods will do something about that.
3 That does not seem likely, as LC asked who they were in the sign up thread.

And you miss the other possibility, that they have BTSC in the game. While Golden throws that out as not likely, I'm not so sure. Occam's Razor and all.
Apologies, this is also something you said. Just for the sake of displaying my noble integrity. :noble:
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

LoRab wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
Yes, I hadn't read him carefully earlier, and even having read him now, I don't see much either way. This itself struck me as suspicioius. So I pointed it out.

He has not been, nor does he continue to be, one of the players I'm most concerned about. What the crowd is doing isn't interestig to me, but isn't how I make decisions. Never has been. Yeah, I know, it makes me hard to read. And you're probably going to say it reads suspish to you. Well, it's you, so you're probably going to say it's scummy--I'm not used to playing with people who use that language, so it's not my default for examples. And I'm still getting used to reading it without cringing.

I'm sorry if I didn't find other things supicious earlier to fit into your little box of what people are supposed to do. I don't tend to fit into little boxes.

linkitis: It's so sweet that you think that there are definitive forumulae as to how baddies act. While I agree that Dr W is bad, it's not for the same reasons. But, go along.
You seem more interested in talking about me and/or defending yourself than actually doing much in the way of genuine scum hunting. I believe it's because it's the only genuine analysis you've really invested yourself in. Like this post is really just designed to sarcastically belittle me for instance. You probably think I'm scum on the other scum team genuinely. Which is unfortunately for you, incorrect.

So much of this post is just hyperbole designed to ensure that the points I'm raising are viewed as irrelevant. I'm trying to "fit you into a little box", the part where you sarcastically say it's sweet that I think there are definitive formulae, as though that's not actually true. There are repeat behaviours scum exhibit all the time, do you agree? Ignoring scum teammates or over focusing on them to the detriment of sense and reason. Late game ISOs exhibiting a lack of actual scum hunting effort in a voluminous ISO. There are dozens of behaviours scum players largely exhibit. Talented scum players know them and get around them.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Okay so I think it's fair to say that there are three players in the game so far that have attracted the most negative attention. That would be myself, juliets and Floyd. If you disagree speak up.

Now in the case of myself, I have been loud in the thread. I have given lots of thread content for people to discuss. This means that there has been plenty of opportunity for genuine and non genuine cases and discussion about me. Discussion about me has largely taken place WITH me, so it would be easy for someone interested in finding out if I were scum, or trying to paint me as scum, to build up a reasonably large portion of the ISO as posts about me. I don't think there is much to gain from looking at the volumes of interaction with me from players.

Floyd, has not been very loud at all despite attracting a lot of attention. This means there hasn't really been much chance to interact with him and build cases, genuine or non genuine. Discussion about Floyd has largely taken place between other people, not inclusive of Floyd.

Juliets falls somewhere in the middle, but is the only one who is confirmed dead scum. She posted a bit in the thread, but didn't engage in much genuine scum hunting or discourse. She didn't push back on cases so most discussion about juliets was made between other players. Putting her a little bit more like Floyd.

My hypothesis goes as follows;

If Floyd is scum, he has not posted much in the thread at all when it comes to content capable of being analysed, yet there has been plenty of discussion about him in the thread. Discussion on the subject of Floyd, and genuine analysis of whether he is scum has occurred between other players about things that occurred in lieu of thread content. It is a very civ look as he has been a harder nut to crack open than myself, marginally harder than juliets. It's something that people with genuine interest in scum hunting would have been openly discussing for days and days. So the numbers of references to Floyd from interested civ players would be a high percentage of their ISO.

He has never dominated the discussion to the level of juliets or myself, but he has been close to being there, so a teammate would have to commit heavily to coming across genuine in lieu of content to go by because as shown today it hasn't taken much catalyst to start the ball rolling on finishing his lynch. This really doesn't matter whether he is civ or scum, I feel like he has been the type of subject that scum players would steer away from due to them being easily pinned as either being responsible for mislynching him, or being responsible for having him lynched when he did not have to be unless they were cautious as all hell. And why bother with that when there has been juliets and MacDougall dominating discussions all game long?!

tl;dr Scum would not be talking about Floyd in the thread if he's civ. Scum TEAMMATES would not be talking about Floyd in the thread if he's scum.

So for the findings...

Percentage
Bass 0
DrWilgy 2.6
LoRab 3
Golden 4.2
Metalmarsh 5
Turnip Head 6.5
SVS 7.1
Bullzeye 9
HamburgerBoy 9.5
MacDougall 9.8
MattF 10.7
timmer 13.2
Dom 14
Fingersplints 14
Sorsha 16.1
Draconus 16.3
tranq 30.4

In order of least mentioned to most. Bass has only had 29 posts so it's possible he just hasn't been active enough in the game to have bothered yet, but it's still a bad look. Wilgy and LoRab are far and away the worst looks on the subject of Floyd. If he flips scum, they are huge chances to be teammates. I would also go as far as suggesting that the huge number tranq has hit on the subject indicating he has had tunneled him hard indicates what it looks like when a scum player identifies another scum player and tunnels hard on him. Holy shit I have a genuine scum read as scum, I'm going to smash it hard! Know what I mean? Golden's number is also strangely low.

I don't think he'll flip civ either. There are too many players with good percentages of discussion on him.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

juliets, who I believe is on the opposing team of Floyd. Has a 10.5% ISO of Floyd related content for reference.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

The only dead player with a fair amount of content that we know for sure to be civ, is Banana and we can't take that to mean anything.

Holy shit our lynches have been solid as fuck when they've actually gone through. Only one mislynched civvie. The 2 players that avoided their lynches (sig and myself) I don't believe sig was bad and I'm certainly not so we somehow avoided two of them. The rest are indy, scum, indy, scum. Pretty solid lynches.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

My number isn't that strangely low when you consider how many posts I've had, but my opinion on Floyd is definitely second hand. I don't find him particularly suspicious in my own right, but the number of people who do has me listening.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 181
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

You will be told when a baddie team has been eliminated.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 181
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Mafia: A World Reborn - Lynch Day 8

Post by Long Con »

-= Two Is The Loneliest Number =-

TheFloyd73 looked around, irate. He leaned over to his companion and muttered, "This is how they treat us? We stay in basically the same place all game while they're running around, getting items, taking on quests, finding spirit animals, discovering their destinies... and it's US who are the bad guys?"

"I know," he said, shaking his head contemptuously. "Try to be left alone, and they still find a reason to come and cut you down. How are your ropes?"

Floyd fidgeted a little, moving his wrists behind his back. "They're pretty tight. They're kind of chafing me actually."

"Me too."

"Well, duh." Floyd turned to his companion. "Look, if one of us doesn't make it out of here..."

"Stop it!" he cut Floyd off. "Where you go, I go. We're a team, and nothing is going to make me forget that!"

"But still..."

"No!" Floyd cut him off again, more sharply. "No buts. You and me, together forever."

"It's 'you and I', actually," he said.

"Are you sure?"

The conversation was cut short when the executioner walked in. He paused for a second, and then turned back to the magistrate and said, "Which one?"

The magistrate frowned. "Both, I guess. Safest just to do both."

TheFloyd73 has been lynched. He was the Splinter Twin, a member of the Witherdeath Cabal.

Night 8 has begun!
Golden
The Coward

Re: Mafia: A World Reborn Game Thread - Night 8

Post by Golden »

One from the cabal left, and my money is on wilgy.

Good job everyone.
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 176

Post by Sorsha »

Yay! Great result! Looking forward to Tranq having to put a little more work into the game now too :p

I'd like to know the alignment of the Puppet Master
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I'd also like to know the alignment of the Puppet Master.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

To be honest, though, these are probably the four roles I'm most curious about their alignment, so the host chose them well.
HamburgerBoy
The Mark
Posts in topic: 173

Post by HamburgerBoy »

Lich and Puppet Master look super duper evil and Karma Chameleon has a loving in his eyes, so I'll go with the Pixie.
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 90

Post by DrWilgy »

:clap:
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 319
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Nice job guys
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 319
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

See you in the next game Floyd, hope things get better for you.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

RIH Floyd

I'm wondering, if roles were randomized and I'm sure they were, what are the chances that Luke, Floyd, and Bug all landed on the Cabal? This makes me think Drac might be okay, at least from that team.
Image Image Image Image
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Nice result!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Excellent work again, surprised he was on Witherdeath though.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Puppet Master for alignment
Image Image Image Image
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 162

Post by fingersplints »

Awesome result :D

Pixies are cute
Gro-oo-ovy
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Hmm...

I'm starting to get rather concerned about the Circle of Decay. Especially because of their choice of most recent night kill... What the hell was there to gain from killing DFaraday?
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

MacDougall wrote:Hmm...

I'm starting to get rather concerned about the Circle of Decay. Especially because of their choice of most recent night kill... What the hell was there to gain from killing DFaraday?
Low posting, and blendy. No real ties to any player. I know when I am a baddie I like to kill players like dfaraday (and myself XD) early. I feel like I have said many times things like this, so it also could have been to make me look worse. (If they know me well)
Gro-oo-ovy
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Golden wrote:To be honest, though, these are probably the four roles I'm most curious about their alignment, so the host chose them well.
I wonder if all are still alive.
Gro-oo-ovy
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

fingersplints wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Hmm...

Low posting, and blendy. No real ties to any player. I know when I am a baddie I like to kill players like dfaraday (and myself XD) early. I feel like I have said many times things like this, so it also could have been to make me look worse. (If they know me well)
Yeah but it's not early. It's getting to crucial mid game and there are definitely other players I would be taking a shot at over DFaraday at this point if I was scum trying to win the game. Especially since Faraday had a huge gap in the middle of his ISO and when he came back he was pretty much a horndog for getting Floyd lynched, who it turns out was on the opposing scum team to those that killed him?

Do we have any dead Circle of Decay that are confirmed as such? I think Typhoony is really the only one possible? I do have reason to believe that he was a bad guy and I suppose he did go after juliets, so that'd put him on the Circle...

Aight going by the assumption that Typh was Circle and ISOing him.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

As for the poll it's Pixie and it's a no brainer. I don't think there's much doubt about the alignment of the Puppet Master and I couldn't care less about the others. I want to know if these fucking notes being left everywhere have malicious intent.
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 136

Post by Bullzeye »

I'm like 99% sure the Pixie is bad, so I'll be voting that way to confirm my suspicions.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I have a question...

The Trickster role can make someone appear as a role of their choice when they die. Does that include that roles alignment or would their alignment show correctly if they are lynched?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Bullzeye wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Okay Bullzeye you're adequately defended who do you think is scum?
I wouldn't mind a Floyd lynch, and may vote that way myself. Also had some minor suspicion of splints earlier on that I think maybe I should revisit. I'm probably up all night watching Desert Bus so I have time to look at both of them and others I might be inclined to eyeball.
Would very much appreciate this.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

MacDougall wrote:
LoRab wrote: It's so sweet that you think that there are definitive forumulae as to how baddies act. While I agree that Dr W is bad, it's not for the same reasons. But, go along.
... the part where you sarcastically say it's sweet that I think there are definitive formulae, as though that's not actually true. There are repeat behaviours scum exhibit all the time, do you agree? Ignoring scum teammates or over focusing on them to the detriment of sense and reason. Late game ISOs exhibiting a lack of actual scum hunting effort in a voluminous ISO. There are dozens of behaviours scum players largely exhibit. Talented scum players know them and get around them.
LoRab can you address this. Do you genuinely believe there aren't?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 293

Post by S~V~S »

MacDougall wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
LoRab wrote: It's so sweet that you think that there are definitive forumulae as to how baddies act. While I agree that Dr W is bad, it's not for the same reasons. But, go along.
... the part where you sarcastically say it's sweet that I think there are definitive formulae, as though that's not actually true. There are repeat behaviours scum exhibit all the time, do you agree? Ignoring scum teammates or over focusing on them to the detriment of sense and reason. Late game ISOs exhibiting a lack of actual scum hunting effort in a voluminous ISO. There are dozens of behaviours scum players largely exhibit. Talented scum players know them and get around them.
I tend to believe that your position is an over simplification, and that there is no definitive formula. In games like they have at most other sites, the setups are more formulaic~ this limits the options baddies have as well as their strategies. Our all role madness games with varying levels of secrecy, resurrections, manipulations, secret roles & recruitment possibilities that we build into our games make the options richer & more varied. We are spoiled by sophisticated set ups and expect it of our hosts. I have been playing for over 6 years now and I see things from baddies I have never seen before in most games. And when she played more, Lorab was often the one to do those things.

I would not condescend to her if I were you. Just a word to the wise ;

Bye Floyd, hope it works out for you, and we hope to see you back after it does :)

I could see someone giving up in despair after his team was decimated this way, and I could see the last person potentially being someone low key. Or it could just be that Floyd was overwhelmed, even with an active teammate. His role looks fairly complicated & time consuming for a new player.

I want to reread Typhoony today. His behavior was very unexpected to me; even if he had not been killed by Witherdeath, I didn't think he was Juliets teammate; I have never ever seen Typh defend a teammate; I think I am more interested in what he did not comment about than what he did during the whole Juliets thing. I also need to reread Timmer & the whole "confession" thing.

I am going to vote Pixie.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 293

Post by S~V~S »

Aw smiley fail :(
Just a word to the wise ;)
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

MacDougall wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
Sorry. Just got up.

I do not agree.

Mafia would be a much different game and, to me, less interesting if there were definitive formulae.

I think there are sometimes patterns, but that it depends much more on the individual in a baddie role than baddies in general. Talented baddies may or may not know what their personal tells are and may or may not be able to avoid them.

Sure, there are some tendencies of baddies, but not everyone exhibits them and a lot of them are things that civvies do just as much. I also think a or if it is dependent on role.

I also think svs brings up a good point about the fact that the game structures we are used to make it a different game in some ways and one in which rules like that don't apply.

And I've been looking for baddies. Maybe not the same way as you do, but I have been looking for baddies.

I could also argue that your random naming of people also isn't baddie hunting. And that your formulae are clearly flawed because I know you are wrong about means I think you are wrong about others.
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

MacDougall wrote:As for the poll it's Pixie and it's a no brainer. I don't think there's much doubt about the alignment of the Puppet Master and I couldn't care less about the others. I want to know if these fucking notes being left everywhere have malicious intent.
What do you think the puppet master's alignment is?
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

MacDougall wrote:
LoRab wrote:
MacDougall wrote:

You seem more interested in talking about me and/or defending yourself than actually doing much in the way of genuine scum hunting. I believe it's because it's the only genuine analysis you've really invested yourself in. Like this post is really just designed to sarcastically belittle me for instance. You probably think I'm scum on the other scum team genuinely. Which is unfortunately for you, incorrect.

So much of this post is just hyperbole designed to ensure that the points I'm raising are viewed as irrelevant. I'm trying to "fit you into a little box", the part where you sarcastically say it's sweet that I think there are definitive formulae, as though that's not actually true. There are repeat behaviours scum exhibit all the time, do you agree? Ignoring scum teammates or over focusing on them to the detriment of sense and reason. Late game ISOs exhibiting a lack of actual scum hunting effort in a voluminous ISO. There are dozens of behaviours scum players largely exhibit. Talented scum players know them and get around them.
Of course I want to talk about you. I think you're bad. And I keep talking to you because you keep engaging me in conversation. And I defend myself because, well, that's what one does when accused of being bad.

I have raised points about others, as well and stated why I suspect them.

We clearly play this game differently and look at posts differently. And that post was in response to a post of yours. If my sarcastic tone was hurtful, I apologize. It is sometimes my default, especially when I am frustrated. I did not mean to belittle you--just point out that things that you are saying in a self assured way are not necessarily true. And your tone has been dismissive of me consistently in this game. I can't help but respond in kind. I was responding as much to the rofl smiley as I was to your language.

And that post was designed not having anything to do with you but as a response to what you had said. Please don't assume what my intent is.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

I voted Puppet Master
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 38

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

Bih floyd. Voting puppet master .
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Re: Mafia: A World Reborn Game Thread - Day 5

Post by Dom »

BAss, since you're around-- want to respond to this?
Dom wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:My main beef with Bass is his posts during the Canuck vs juliets lynch. Here are his only two posts from that Day:

3:37pm
Bass_the_Clever wrote:Sorry haven't been around . I'm catching up now.

9:12pm
Bass_the_Clever wrote:I ag ree I think juliets and canuck are both wroth lynching but I think Canuck is where my vote is going tonight.
What pings me is that he didn't justify why he chose Canuck over juliets when the lynch was 8-5 in juliets' favor when he voted. If he had said why he voted that way I would feel better, but it looks like a save. If he thoughts juliets was worth lynching, why didn't he vote for the frontrunner? There's also a 6 hour gap between when he said he was catching up and when he voted with nothing in between, which makes it feel like he was intentionally trying to stay out of the discussion that Day.

He doesn't have any on-topic posts since that vote. He just votes in the night polls.

Basically I'd like to hear from Bass about why he voted the way he did.
I voted that way because more people I trusted voted that way and I wasn't keeping up as much as I should have been.
OK so you have people you trust?
So.. ergo.. you have people you don't trust... people you think are bad?
Who are they?
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 90

Post by DrWilgy »

Chameleons are creepy... So that
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 185

Post by Draconus »

Awesome! !
And sorry Floyd! Getting lynched as a baddie in your first 3 games is really rough. Please don't let that discourage you. We'd love to have you back :)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 185

Post by Draconus »

Voting feral pixie. I'm most unsure of that one.

I may not be around much this weekend. I'll be spending time in the city today and then my roommate and I will be playing portal 2 all night. It never gets old XD
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Marmot
Marmot
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Draconus wrote:Voting feral pixie. I'm most unsure of that one.

I may not be around much this weekend. I'll be spending time in the city today and then my roommate and I will be playing portal 2 all night. It never gets old XD
I've been wanting to play the co-op version of that game. I haven't gotten the chance yet. :(

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.

Return to “Previous Jobs”