Technical Feedback

Want to know what's new at The Syndicate? Check out site-wide announcements here.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 2

Technical Feedback

Post by Spacedaisy »

Hello Syndicate members! Since we have the site back, you may have noticed that it is not the same as it used to be. This is due to the fact we were able to update to the newest version of phpBB. With this update it means we have lost some features because extensions and MODs that we had installed had to be removed because they are not compatible with the new version. I'm working on getting some of those back and adding some features we always wanted. So, I need your help!

I have set up a new section in the Community and Welcome Center dedicated to feedback and requests of a technical nature.

If you have request for features we don't seem to have or never had before, then you can use the Features & Improvements Suggestion Box.

If you have run into a bug or are having some kind of problem with the boards not working the way they are supposed to you can use the Technical Issues thread.

Finally if there are particular smiley's you want to request be added to the forum, then please post a link to where I can get them in the Smiley Request thread. As a side note, we welcome adding a smiley named after you if you find one that you think is a good representation and is of course tasteful. For example: :lorab: :daisy: and :llama:

Please use these threads! If you post your requests there, they are less likely to fall through the cracks. Also,I can quote your request when I address it and you will be notified of the fix. So it is crucial to use these threads instead of just posting requests and problems all over the forums and expect a Tech mod to be able to know about it.

Alternatively, you can also reach out to the team of Technical Moderators by PM with whatever issue or request you have. This is why we have that team set up and they are more than willing to help out in whatever way they can.

Thanks guys, and have fun!
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 3
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Re: Technical Feedback

Post by juliets »

Daisy, on mobile I can no longer see the whole page. The part to the right where you click to get into a thread is off my screen. Is there a setting I need to change or is this something thats being worked on? I don't think everyone is having this same problem but I know at least one other person mentioned it.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I have that issue, and I turned my screen sideways and the rest of it appeared. I did some research, and that is a feature of this version of php, it has a slightly different mobile interface. It works on my tablet turned sideways, but not on my iphone, I have to click in through the main forum view.

It may or may not be fixable, it may just be the way the mobile interface works.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Yeah I turned my phone sideways and it stayed in the same view. How do you "click in through the main forum view"?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

On my phone it doesn't change just my tablet. What I meant was click on the forum name and that gives you access to the topics. If there is more than one page in a topic click the last page number. If not just click on the topic name. It's two clicks instead of one but it gets you where you are going.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Daisy, this is something Rico said in the SAW thread that I thought you would want to know here:

"(Spoilers tag text, sans putting it in a quote, doesn't work in the green skin btw. It's all a sea of white inside.)"

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

We don't usually lock topics in the announcements but I'm going to here so we can direct people to put their requests and feedback in the threads linked in the first post.

I'll get with Marmot about the quotes in the green. And it appears to be just the mobile interface. It doesn't look like it does on the computer, you have to click into the forum to see the recent posts links.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Announcements”