More Site Changes (Hosting) & Clarifications

Want to know what's new at The Syndicate? Check out site-wide announcements here.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 1
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

More Site Changes (Hosting) & Clarifications

Post by Tangrowth »

Hey there, Syndicateers! I have one more set of important announcements for you, then I promise I'll leave your inboxes alone so you can keep playing mafia games. Prospective hosts, especially, be sure you pay attention to the following few paragraphs at least!

We have officially altered the criteria for Heists (classic games) going forward: They now can be 15 players or fewer instead of 13, as well as 48/24 or 36/12 day/night cycles instead of only 48/24. If you currently have a Heist in the queue, feel free to alter your Heist's setup to accommodate these changes.

Take note, however, that the Heist guidelines are the most strict. Heist games must adhere to the guidelines specified for its subforum. This is because Heists are designed to be far from role madness and serve a desire for beginners and veterans alike to play simpler mafia setups more faithful to mafia's origin. In addition, notice that power roles denote literally any role or mechanic that is not a vanilla role. If you have questions on this, please contact your friendly neighborhood admin, S~V~S.

Regarding the guidelines for Jobs (full games) and Side Missions (speed games), note that the 48/24 and 24/24 cycle designations are recommended, rather than required as for Heists. If you deviate from these, which you may, please make it abundantly clear in your game's sign-up thread and main game thread. Players need to clearly know if your timeline is different than the recommended standard for these two. Other than that, so long as you satisfy the # of player criteria, these categories are much more flexible to experimental game setups.

That about wraps up game changes and clarifications! As of this morning, JaggedJimmyJay has put into sign-ups a scrimmage game for the Mafia Championships (Season 3) that we've all been recently hyping over, so if you're itching for a glimmer at what Golden, Sloonei, and the other Champions will be battling over the next few months, don't hesitate to sign up!

Lastly, I have one last promotion to announce: DrWilgy is joining as a new member of the ambassadors. Please be sure to congratulate him in addition to Sloonei when congratulating newly red-ified ambassadors!

Happy mafiaing, folks! We have a lot of exciting happenings coming up, especially with Turf Wars and E.S.T ending yesterday, so be sure to sign up for Downton Abbey, Barry Lyndon, and/or the Championship scrimmage game while you still can!
Marmot
Marmot
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Re: More Site Changes (Hosting) & Clarifications

Post by Marmot »

Congrats on the promotions Sloonei and DrWilgy. I hope you read the fine print. :feb:

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Serge
The Mark

Re: More Site Changes (Hosting) & Clarifications

Post by Serge »

Congratulations, everyone!

Return to “Announcements”