Welcome Center & Other News

Want to know what's new at The Syndicate? Check out site-wide announcements here.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 1
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Welcome Center & Other News

Post by Tangrowth »

Hello, Syndicateers!

Thanks to some fine brainstorming from our ambassador team, I have recently enacted some forum categorical changes around these parts. You'll notice that the Forum Announcements, Events, etc. subforum at the top of the index page has been renamed Community Information & Welcome Center, and that within it we have a new subforum: Welcome to the Family.

This "Welcome the Family" subforum is a place for everyone to get to know each other, particularly for newer members to introduce themselves and become familiar with other Syndicate members. Threads that before existed in The Speakeasy, such as the Introduction thread, the Interrogation Room, the Birthday thread, Meetups, What do you look like?, and similar topics have been appropriately moved to this new section.

On a related note, I've also taken The Lounge and pulled it out of The Don's Hideout to give it its own subforum right beneath The Don's Hideout under the Mafia forum. Based on some feedback I received, I realized its previous placement was somewhat confusing, since The Lounge is for general mafia discussion, but it was buried within The Don's Hideout with the other two subforums (The Drawing Board and The Basement) which are strictly for game submissions, the hosting queue, etc.

In other news, be sure to check out The Business Front for mafia games currently in signups, since due to a couple of recent games ending, we currently have a perfect storm of four awesome games waiting for players to fill them! These games include: (1) Battlestar Galactica, an open setup role madness Current Job for 29 players hosted by Golden; (2) Transistor, a closed setup (but no infodumping/role outing, due to a role listing) Side Mission for 17 players hosted by Epignosis; (3) The Films of Stanley Kubrick 2: Barry Lyndon, an open setup role madness Side Mission for 14 players hosted by thellama73; and, lastly, (4) Futurama, a semi-open Matrix setup Heist with sockpuppet accounts and a strong emphasis on roleplaying for 15 players hosted by your friendly neighborhood Sockface.

Lastly, the Mafia Championship 2016 (Season 3) on Mafia Universe has begun earlier today! Our representative, Golden, will be playing in Game 4, which starts May 16th. I'd encourage anyone who's interested to check out the action on MU, even in games in which Golden isn't playing, and consider contacting Thingyman on MU to join the Mafia Championship spectator chat on skype. It should be a blast! I participated last year and can attest to it being a good time; it's a good way to interact with players at other mafia forums and fascinating to hear how other communities approach the game.

Happy mafiaing, everyone!

Return to “Announcements”