Multi-quote instructions

Want to know what's new at The Syndicate? Check out site-wide announcements here.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 3
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Multi-quote instructions

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Hey gang,

A site feature has been discovered by our extremely helpful new technical moderator SokothQultuq. Some of you may have already known about this magical secret I am about to share with everyone, but I certainly did not. :eek:

It seems we've always had a multi-quote feature embedded into the darkest depths of our site. I'll explain how it works step by step:

Step 1: From any page within any thread on The Syndicate, click the "POST REPLY" button located in the bottom left area of the page.
Spoiler: show
Step 2 (optional): You'll now have any empty post box as normal. If you look below that post box and to the right side, directly below the assortment of emojis, you'll see another button: "EXPAND VIEW". Click it.
Step 3: You now have an expanded view of the posts in the thread up to the moment you started this process. In the top right corner of each individual post, you'll see a "QUOTE" button. These can all be used to insert quotes of the selected posts into the text box above. You can do this as many times as you need with whatever posts you choose. Simply click "QUOTE" for each post of interest.
Step 4: Verify the quotes you want have fallen properly into the text box.
Step 5 (optional): Space the quotes as necessary to allow you to type whatever you want between them, if anything.
If anyone has any questions, don't hesitate to ask. :)
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Re: Multi-quote instructions

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

NOTE:

There is a limitation on how many posts will be shown on the reverse-order set visible under your text box. This limit is equivalent to your personal setting for how many posts per page are visible.

For example, I prefer to set mine at 100 posts per page visible. This means my own multiquote backlog reaches back as far as 100 posts from the moment I click "POST REPLY".
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 1

Post by A Person »

did y'all just figure this out?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Many people knew already, some (like me) did not. I never even looked down there. :p

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Long Con
So Divine
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

I knew, but I appreciate the 'Expand View' tip... I have never clicked that, and I like it!
Marmot
Marmot
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Haha, I actually already knew about this.

Sorry for not letting everyone know about it. :blush:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Quin »

This'll make things a bit easier. Too bad there's no way to do it in ISO.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Quin »

A Person wrote:did y'all just figure this out?
I knew it was there but I'd never tried it out to confirm that it worked. I've never needed to, from what I recall.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Announcements”