Mafia Championship Season 4 Invitation

Want to know what's new at The Syndicate? Check out site-wide announcements here.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 2
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Mafia Championship Season 4 Invitation

Post by Tangrowth »

Hello, Syndicateers!

I am pleased to announce that we have been invited back to the annual Mafia Championship hosted by Thingyman!

Now it's Season 4! If you aren't quite aware of what this is or you want to discuss it with your fellow members, consult the Mafia Championship S4 Discussion Thread for details and discussion.

If you want to commit as a possible player on behalf of The Syndicate, please PM me, and do so by 10:00AM Eastern on Tuesday, April 11th. We need a quick turnaround, so please get me a decision by then. If you have not PMed me by that time, then you will not be eligible to play.

Note that it will be a very intense time commitment to play in the Mafia Championship, so be aware of your commitments and schedule before nominating yourself as a potential nominee. I also highly recommend all prospective players to read the content spoilerized below where Thingyman explains how the tournament will progress before committing.

A list of the players that commit to me will thereafter be made public so that all of us can vote on the player we want to represent The Syndicate via secret ballot. The player with the highest weighted voting score will be sent to Mafia Universe to play the tournament. This voting process will last roughly 6 days so that we can get Thingyman our nominee by Monday, April 17th at the latest. More details regarding this stage will be provided when the nominees are made public.

Thanks for your prompt attention! I am very thankful to Thingyman for extending an invitation to us again, and I hope we can continue the completely kickass precedent set by Golden last year. :slick:

Here is information regarding the Championship courtesy of Thingyman. Please read if you are interested.
Spoiler: show
The games will take place on Mafia Universe.

Important notes
  • Your representative should be prepared for having to read upwards of 500 posts per 24 hours during the early stages of the game. Additionally, there’s a requirement that each player must make at least 10 posts per Game Day. Only active players should apply/participate. I repeat: Your chosen player needs to be able to promise a good amount of activity on a daily basis.
  • Relevant only to communities that participated last season: Season 3 Finalists are not eligible to play again this season.
Season 4 Format

The tournament structure
  • 135 communities will participate, each sending one representative.
  • 9 Qualifying Games will be played consisting of 15 players each. I.e. every representative plays in one Qualifying Game. 1 player will advance directly to the Finale Game from each Qualifying Game. The players themselves vote post-game to determine who is deserving of advancement. I.e. 9 of the 15 finalists will be found this way.
  • A Jury consisting of finalists from Season 3 will along with me discuss and vote to determine a group of 30 wildcard players who will play in 2 Semi Final Wildcard Games. From each of these two games, three players will directly advance to the Finale Game.
  • The Finale Game is played. Once it has completed, the players vote to determine who shall hold the title of Season 4 Champion.
The setup

MOUNTAINOUS:
12 Vanilla Townies
3 Mafia Goons

We’re going back to basics for Season 4. Each season we’re changing it up, and for this season it’s finally time to play without any power roles or abilities at all. Pure mafia. You have only yourself and your reading/bluffing abilities to count on.

Relevant mechanics info
  • Day start.
  • Deadline Lynch w/ Option for Majority starting Day 2. I.e. when day timer runs out, person with most votes will be lynched. However, day can also be ended early (starting Day 2) if there is ever a majority of votes on one person.
  • If there is a tied lynch, one of the tied players will be randomly lynched.
  • No outside communication. I.e. you may not contact the other players outside of the thread (unless you are Mafia and wish to speak with your teammates).
  • Phase Lengths and Deadlines will be up to the players themselves (I’ll organize them into games with deadlines that suit their preferences).
  • Thread is locked during Night Phases.
Season 4 Timeline

The first Qualifying Game is currently set to start April 24th. Additional games will take place in the 1-3 months following. I will create a Doodle and find out the best times to start the various games so that preferably everyone gets to play during a time that suits them well.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 1
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: Mafia Championship Season 4 Invitation

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

The mountainous setup is glorious. To hell with roles, there is only the hunt and the evasion of the hunt. Good luck. :slick:

I hope some of you volunteer. There are so many excellent players here who could be great representatives.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 2
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Re: Mafia Championship Season 4 Invitation

Post by Tangrowth »

Members of The Syndicate, I am pleased to present... your nominees for the Mafia Championship Season 4!
DrWilgy
Epignosis
Quin
Soneji
Vompatti
To cast your vote, PM me with your preference order of all five nominees. However, if you really do not want to send a ranking of all five candidates, you may submit anywhere from one to four. Please clearly indicate your exact preference order, otherwise your submission will be invalid and not counted.

I will be awarding weighted points as follows: 5 for highest preference, 4 for second highest preference, 3 for third, 2 for fourth, and 1 for fifth (last). If you send less than five names, then this order will still be followed but instead any name you do not submit will receive 0 votes. The nominee who receives the highest weighted accumulation of votes will be sent as our representative!

You have until Monday, April 17th at 10:00AM Eastern to send in your votes.

I am incredibly excited that we once again have the opportunity to send someone on behalf of our community at this gathering of mafia's best and brightest, and very much look forward to seeing the player that our community has awarded with that honor.

Thank you all for your continued dedication to our site!

Return to “Announcements”