Mafia Championship Season 3

Want to know what's new at The Syndicate? Check out site-wide announcements here.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 4
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Mafia Championship Season 3

Post by Tangrowth »

Hello, Syndicateers!

I am very excited to announce that we have been invited back to the annual Mafia Championship hosted by Thingyman!

This time it's Season 3. If you aren't quite aware of what this is or want to discuss it with your fellow members, consult this thread for details and discussion.

Essentially, it's a multi-game mafia tournament where many (this year it's 135!) different mafia communities send 1 of their own to represent them. Last year was ridiculously exciting and served as an excellent way to connect with other mafia communities and players. It proved to be a really fantastic opportunity for us, and so I have even higher hopes for this year's outing. :D

If you want to commit as a possible player on behalf of The Syndicate, please PM me, and do so by 9:00AM Eastern on Thursday, March 31st. We need a quick turnaround, so please get me a decision by then. If you have not PMed me by that time, then you will not be eligible to play. Note that it will be an intense time commitment to play in the Mafia Championship, so be aware of your commitments and schedule before nominating yourself as a potential nominee. I also highly recommend all prospective players to read the content in the thread linked above where Thingyman explains how the tournament will progress before committing.

A list of the players that commit to me by 9:00AM Eastern on Thursday, March 31st will thereafter be made public so that all of us can vote on the player we want to represent The Syndicate via secret ballot. The player with the highest weighted voting score will be sent to Mafia Universe to play the tournament. This voting process will last roughly 5 days so that we can get Thingyman our nominee within a week from now maximum. More details regarding this stage will be provided when the nominees are made public.

Thanks for your prompt attention! I am very thankful to Thingyman for extending an invitation to us again, and I hope we can make an even bigger splash at the tournament this year. :slick:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Re: Mafia Championship Season 3

Post by Tangrowth »

Members of The Syndicate, I am pleased to present... your nominees for the Mafia Championship Season 3, hosted by Thingyman:

DrWilgy
Golden
Matt
MovingPictures07

PM the sockpuppet account Gold Toe with your preference order of all four nominees. However, if you really do not want to send a ranking of all four candidates, you may submit just one selection or a top two ranking if you wish. Please indicate to Gold Toe clearly your exact preference order, otherwise your submission will be invalid and not counted. We will be awarding weighted points as follows: 3 for highest preference, 2 for second highest preference, 1 for third, and 0 for fourth (last). The nominee who receives the highest weighted accumulation of votes will be sent as our representative!

You have 5 days maximum to send in your votes. This means you must submit a PM to Gold Toe by Tuesday, April 5th at 9:00AM Eastern time. Help make your voice heard by ensuring you send your PM to Gold Toe before that deadline.

Since I have thrown my hat in the ring this year, my partner in crime, S~V~S, will be handling the weighted vote tallying process and will be the only member with access to the Gold Toe account. She will inform me of the winner once the voting period is complete, and then I will make the announcement regarding our Mafia Championship Season 3 representative.

I am incredibly excited that we once again have the opportunity to send someone on behalf of our community at this gathering of mafia's best and brightest, and very much look forward to seeing the player that our community has awarded with that honor.

Thanks for your continued dedication to our site!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Greetings, members of The Syndicate!

Your votes have been counted and tallied by Gold Toe, and the result is in!

I am very excited to announce that Golden has been selected to represent The Syndicate in Season 3 of the Mafia Championship. I feel confident that he will do an amazing job. :noble:

Let's all cheer Golden on as he shows the mafia universe what Syndicate players can do. Thanks for sending in your votes, everyone!
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 2
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Congratulations Golden. Have fun in the Championships! Please don't embearass us while you're there.

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Thingyman

Post by Thingyman »

Congrats, Golden! :)
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 1

Post by S~V~S »

I can't bear puns.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Serge
The Mark

Post by Serge »

Do your best, Golden!
Thingyman

Post by Thingyman »

Hi guys

Your representative has been scheduled for the game below.

Game 4 - May 16 (36/12 phases, American deadlines)
benneh (Two Plus Two)
Bimps (Everybody Edits)
Golden (The Syndicate)
inky (Comic Fury)
Jackrito (MyAnimeList)
Jamie (Zelda Dungeon)
Jowy (Realms Beyond)
Kami (OneHallyu)
Moliere (Octopus Overlords)
Phighter (Cracked)
romanov (InsideMDSports)
SpankGangsta (EntAsia)
spookymilk (Spookymilk)
Teneb (Bay 12 Games Forums)
Thirdmango (Forums of Loathing)
y2kjbk (webDiplomacy)
Zexy (Bulbagarden)

The game is taking place on Mafia Universe. You can find the specific subforum dedicated to the championship here: http://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/for ... nship-2016

I want to talk about and spectate the game - what do I do?

If you wish to actively spectate and show support for your representative, then there are two ways of doing this.

1) There will be a private spectator thread on the site for each game that you may request access to. Simply register on the site and PM the user "Thingyman", and I will add you. Feel free to spectate games that your representative isn't in as well. These threads are published after the game completes.

2) We have a spectator chat on Skype, with currently more than 140 people in it. It's very active and fun, I highly suggest you join it if you have Skype. Just add me: thingyman. Please let me know which community you hail from when adding me.

None of these two chats/threads will be spoiled!

Finally, we kindly ask that you refrain from commenting too much on the games in public on this forum, as the other representatives will easily be able to find and read through this (as has happened in the past). I can't control what you do here, but out of respect for the integrity of this Championship, it's best if you don't discuss your reads on your representative or the other players or make comments that could potentially indicate your reads. I.e. even something like "oh man, our representative is totally being his usual self right now" is not good. Speaking very generally about what has happened so far in the game (so as to update your fellow community members) without commenting on it is fine though.

I hope this doesn't seem too strict to you guys, but the game can become very uncomfortable (and unfair) if there is discussion about it outside of the game thread. If you want to have your own private spectator chat, that is of course also totally fine and I even encourage it (I'd love to be added if you make one of these) :)

I wish your representative and your community all the best of luck for this season! :)
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)

Post by Ricochet »

Good luck Golden and Zexy!
Thingyman wrote: Kami (OneHallyu)
Uh oh. :scared:
Marmot
Marmot
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Ricochet wrote:Good luck Golden and Zexy!
Thingyman wrote: Kami (OneHallyu)
Uh oh. :scared:
:ninja:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
sprityo
The Turncoat
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

You guys should also check out game 2 for my terrible sub-par-at-best-on-a-good-day plays :omg:
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)

Post by Ricochet »

Is Spookymilk the North Korea of mafia websites? Apparently they sent none other than Spookymilk itself.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

I'm trying to access the sky chat but it's incredibly slow on my computer. :noble:
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

skype*

Also why is editing locked in this forum?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:skype*

Also why is editing locked in this forum?
Because permissions suck. :nicenod:

I'll be chatting all things Mafia Championship in this thread rather than this thread, and given the redundancy of keeping this thread open and unlocked alongside the original one, it seems you all will be doing the same. :p

Return to “Announcements”