Dutchies (host/dead/non)
80%

Total votes: 20
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 236

Re: Day 9 ~ 2015 Game of Champions

Post by Draconus »

bea wrote:oh - god damn you you sweet talking SOB. Just when I was gonna give you the benefit of the doubt too. Jerk. :srsnod:
:( :hug:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 135

Re: Night 9 ~ 2015 Game of Champions

Post by S~V~S »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Oy hosts. Day 10 is going to be 24 hours long, right?
That's the plan, man.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 78
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

This night poll is accidentally set to end Friday evening. It will actually be ending today at 7:38pm EST, less than 10 hours from now. Please get your PM's in on time!
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 240
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

MacDougal why are you voting for me? I thought you just told DH you were wrong about us being teamates (which you were). You are wasting your vote, more than you realize.

I can vote motel room or MM. I am concerned though that as Matt brought up maybe this is not a lynch, even though it says lynch. I don't know why the host would try to fool us like that though. Doesn't seem like something hosts would do.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 308

Post by Matt »

juliets wrote:MacDougal why are you voting for me? I thought you just told DH you were wrong about us being teamates (which you were). You are wasting your vote, more than you realize.

I can vote motel room or MM. I am concerned though that as Matt brought up maybe this is not a lynch, even though it says lynch. I don't know why the host would try to fool us like that though. Doesn't seem like something hosts would do.
With 9 players and still 2 mafia factions left, that would be pretty dirty of the hosts to not let town know whether this was an actual lynch or not. I don't think it is because I posted asking if it was really a lynch, and they completely ignored the question.

Vote motel or MM if you wish, but I'm thinking either

a) This is just a positions poll

or

b) The player we vote for gets taken off the poll next phase.
Image Image Image Image
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

That would be bad if one of them got taken off the poll (MM or motel room). I guess we could always just vote the other though.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Matt
Racketeer

Re: 2015 GAME OF CHAMPIONS

Post by Matt »

S~V~S wrote:Roger Rabbit - Who Framed Roger Rabbit BADDIE
In position 4, Roger Rabbit can frame a player by making them appear bad to alignment checks.
In any other Position, he may target a player and force them to post using only emoticons for the next Day.
I just realized something...

Many have wondered if Dom even got an alignment check with his role check, considering his power just says "role check"...

However, what is the need for Roger Rabbit's power up there if Dom didn't get an alignment check with his role check?

Unless we believe there is both a role checker, AND an alignment checker in the game?

Rico what do you think?
Image Image Image Image
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 78
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Matt wrote:With 9 players and still 2 mafia factions left, that would be pretty dirty of the hosts to not let town know whether this was an actual lynch or not. I don't think it is because I posted asking if it was really a lynch, and they completely ignored the question.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Turnip Head wrote:
Matt wrote:With 9 players and still 2 mafia factions left, that would be pretty dirty of the hosts to not let town know whether this was an actual lynch or not. I don't think it is because I posted asking if it was really a lynch, and they completely ignored the question.
:eek:

Really though, if it is a lynch, I think players should either pile on to motel or vote MM.

Switching to MM
Image Image Image Image
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 1472

Post by Ricochet »

MacDougall wrote:I'm not sure why people are voting Motel Room in this poll. There is zero chance it's an actual lynch and you may be playing into whoever is orchestrating the poll options. I' just had a thought. Quite a few polls have seemingly been referential to something that's occurred in the thread or something with a seemingly intentional popular candidate, aside from the very first one which was not capable of being designed by anyone other than the mods by virtue of it being there at the start. There was Willow Rosenberg, Marmota, Zombie Outbreak, Sexy People, Bowie ... It really seems possible that someone in the game has the power to design the poll to me. I doubt the mods would be using it to exert influence themselves and there has seemingly been an attempt to make one position look more attractive over another on multiple occasions. Here the Motel Room option is likely that.
I'm going to folllow up on this, because I kinda agree with Mac. There's no way a Night poll can be a lynch poll. Day and lynching belongs to the civs (unless the mafia dunk them on and manipulate it), Night and nightkilling belongs (mostly) the mafia (unless the civs can protect or block it); no reason it should changed, in, again, a moderately traditional Champies game, based on games in which this never ever happened.

I'm starting to see what Mac means by referential polls and also starting to give credit to the late LC's Trickster idea, not necessarily that the polls' positions have been manipulated, but that the options are tricksy. My mind takes me back to the polls' positions banter, which led to that 5 of 1 witsy poll... followed by a 1 to 5 poll the next night! That's got to be either Host tricksy or "trickster"-like tricksy.

I believe yesterday was a "whoever votes first gets something" kind of poll - because of Sorsha getting off the Day poll afterwards, by doing so - but right now, given the poll options, I believe it's a "option with most votes will enable something" kind of a poll. I don't believe for one second that the option/player with most votes will be nightkilled. I think the option/player will either be protected, empowered or receive a slight burden. Since that's two good things to one lesser one, I'd play it safe and vote (if I could) an option/player that I don't necessarily want on the chopping block on Day 10.

Hear me out tho. FZ has got to be Trickster bait, because no effing way I'd vote a position 1. juliets would be the (most) reasonable vote then, but what if, by some absolutely cosmic chance, I'm wrong about the poll winner not suffering or getting killed? I don't want to risk that either. So I'd personally vote for the necessary evil of the three players I mostly suspect. Between MM, Sorsha and motel, I think Sorsha and motel should definitely not miss out on being on the chopping block tomorrow. So MM.

Thing is, not everyone feels MM is the least bad of that trio.

Well you should and that's that. :hollow sans eyes: Votes the marmot! :evileye:
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

FZ. wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Why should we listen to Matt about Sorsha? Give me references.
1)If you think Matt is bad, we shouldn't, 2)but his actions yesterday led me to believe I was wrong about him being bad, and 3) he claims he has good reasons to believe she's not bad. 4)Why would you choose to believe MM over him for example?
5)After Wilgy flipping bad (and to some degree, Drac too), I'm done believing people who picked up their game only when they were close to being lynched. Like I said, it's all circumstantial, but there are a lot of them regarding MM:

A. he wasn't playing until we said we should lynch him. Then he came up with the indy role which is as convenient as hell and we all know it. He says he gave up after not being lynched on day 1, but if he failed something, I don't see why that would change when we called him out on it.
b. There's Dom. Matt is right that Dom wouldn't infodump. His Dom quotes support that notion. Dom spoke a lot about MM that day, and maybe he really wasn't able to vote.
c. The LC lynch looks pretty bad for MM with that last minute save.
d. Unlike him, someone is vouching for Sorsha.

I think that between those two, the choice is obvious.
1) Why does is necessarily have to do with Matt's alignment. I could simply believe he's not on to something. I might especially not buy that he knows something regarding Sorsha.

2) What actions?

3) Yeah, "claims". Where can I go back and get a sense out of Matt (suddenly or not) knowing something about Sorsha that exonerates her.

4) MM claimed Sorsha is bad? :shrug2: This is strictly Matt exhibiting extra-info-like behaviour that Sorsha should be left alone. How is that and why should I trust it?

5) Well, you have a point there on MM and I like the angle. I can't say I'd mind you proceeding to vote MM, based on this circumstancial angle. I'd still like to look at my ISO of Sorsha, if you have time, and tell me where I'd be wrong about her, as opposed to Matt, who allegedly "knoooows" something :smallrolleye:, being credible.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Something's up.

Rico, you keep asking me to explain why MM is bad.

Explain why MM isn't bad. You keep defending him despite evidence that should tell you he is.

You reject the Zebra connections because of "zany Day 0" or whatever.

You reject Dom evidence because...I honestly don't know why.

You reject the LC lynch because...again, not sure...?

What makes you think you're right on Marmot?
Image Image Image Image
Ricochet

Re: 2015 GAME OF CHAMPIONS

Post by Ricochet »

Matt wrote:
S~V~S wrote:Roger Rabbit - Who Framed Roger Rabbit BADDIE
In position 4, Roger Rabbit can frame a player by making them appear bad to alignment checks.
In any other Position, he may target a player and force them to post using only emoticons for the next Day.
I just realized something...

Many have wondered if Dom even got an alignment check with his role check, considering his power just says "role check"...

However, what is the need for Roger Rabbit's power up there if Dom didn't get an alignment check with his role check?

Unless we believe there is both a role checker, AND an alignment checker in the game?

Rico what do you think?
What is this in regard to? I'm open to the idea that Dom only reads the role, although I've never seen that distinction in cop abilities before, at least here.

But I need context on what you're trying to prove.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Matt wrote:Something's up.

Rico, you keep asking me to explain why MM is bad.

Explain why MM isn't bad. You keep defending him despite evidence that should tell you he is.

You reject the Zebra connections because of "zany Day 0" or whatever.

You reject Dom evidence because...I honestly don't know why.

You reject the LC lynch because...again, not sure...?

What makes you think you're right on Marmot?
You just don't get it, do you? I never said I don't think MM is bad. I had MM as scum or indy and still do. The problem is, I don't feel we can play with the odds of MM flipping exactly the way he claims to be, in this end phase of the game. As I said, he should have been dealt with sooner. The closest he got was D7, but then Wilgys, the "trustiest LC trusted" :rolleyes:, manipulated both the Marmot and Sorsha (who is totally not his teammate, :p), to go with a Boom lynch. And here we are now.

I don't reject evidence, I second guess it.

You never actually asked me if I think the LC lynch is proof of MM baddieness, so don't skip a step. Ask me formally. I might just agree with you, this time. :nicenod:

The one thing making me agree on MM flipping "exactly the way he claims to be" is:

-- he pressured claimed before
-- his defense isn't exactly provable completely unlikely - nor do I think it has
-- namely, his idea that Dom might have semantically attacked him, on basis on checking his aligntag as "INDEPENDENT" rather than neutral, has an odd to it being true
-- furthermore, his idea that Dom had no access to interpreting MM's role, due to it being full Secrets, so simply distrusting the Marmot on grounds of nefarious, spooky Secrets, has an odd to it being true
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

That should have been "he pressured claimed before and ended up being who he said he was".
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 849
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

FZ. wrote:
If you think Matt is bad, we shouldn't, but his actions yesterday led me to believe I was wrong about him being bad, and he claims he has good reasons to believe she's not bad. Why would you choose to believe MM over him for example?
After Wilgy flipping bad (and to some degree, Drac too), I'm done believing people who picked up their game only when they were close to being lynched. Like I said, it's all circumstantial, but there are a lot of them regarding MM:

A. he wasn't playing until we said we should lynch him. Then he came up with the indy role which is as convenient as hell and we all know it. He says he gave up after not being lynched on day 1, but if he failed something, I don't see why that would change when we called him out on it.
b. There's Dom. Matt is right that Dom wouldn't infodump. His Dom quotes support that notion. Dom spoke a lot about MM that day, and maybe he really wasn't able to vote.

a. I'm not asking you to understand my own thought process, just to accept it.
b. I do agree with this point, but that doesn't really say anything about me.
c. LC was also one of my suspicions. It's easy to point the finger at the last second voter, but yours and DH's votes were on that wagon too.
d. If everyone is sussing me, and nobody is vouching for me, how does this make me bad? I'd argue the opposite, the fact that nobody has my back in this game means that opposite, that I do not have a teammate. Why is someone vouching for Sorsha making her a more likely civ?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

I just saved a draft post for the first time in my Syndicate gaming time. :eek:

I'll post it later. :mafia:
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Ricochet wrote:I just saved a draft post for the first time in my Syndicate gaming time. :eek:

I'll post it later. :mafia:
I still have multiple drafts of giant posts from Talking Heads directed at Jay that I never finished. :beer:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
FZ. wrote:
If you think Matt is bad, we shouldn't, but his actions yesterday led me to believe I was wrong about him being bad, and he claims he has good reasons to believe she's not bad. Why would you choose to believe MM over him for example?
After Wilgy flipping bad (and to some degree, Drac too), I'm done believing people who picked up their game only when they were close to being lynched. Like I said, it's all circumstantial, but there are a lot of them regarding MM:

a. I'm not asking you to understand my own thought process, just to accept it.
b. I do agree with this point, but that doesn't really say anything about me.
c. LC was also one of my suspicions. It's easy to point the finger at the last second voter, but yours and DH's votes were on that wagon too.
d. If everyone is sussing me, and nobody is vouching for me, how does this make me bad? I'd argue the opposite, the fact that nobody has my back in this game means that opposite, that I do not have a teammate. Why is someone vouching for Sorsha making her a more likely civ?
Up until Drac's flip, I'd argue everyone had your back. We know for certain Drac did. DH has called you "clearly neutral". The...CONFIRMED CIV...is currently arguing in your favor.

What are you even talking about?

Rico - I understand second guessing, but as we speak, Marmot is lying. Do you see this? He's now arguing nobody has had his back?

Anyway, in case it is a lynch, we agree. Let's get Marmot. If he's taken off the poll or some such shenanigans, whatevs, he can't hide forever.
Image Image Image Image
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

MM wrote:Rico - I understand second guessing, but as we speak, Marmot is lying. Do you see this? He's now arguing nobody has had his back?
Who had his back? :shrug:
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Oh wait, you mentioned that...

:shrug:
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I also made it pretty clear that I wanted to lynch Draconus too.

I laid out the points between the two lynches, and why I preferred motel room. I may even have been the only one to do so, as I was hard-pressed to get a reason out of you or Mac as to why we shouldn't lynch motel room. Mac called it a pussy lynch, not really an argument. Matt, I think you and Mac are missing the probability that motel room is a baddie, and intentionally so.

Also, in this context, if Ricochet had my back it wouldn't be a meaningful argument because he is confirmed civ. I don't think Draco had my back either. If I had the votes and not motel room, I believe he would have put his vote on me. He did vote me several days ago in the Tranq lynch, though I admittedly wasn't in serious danger that day. Also, Draco and I have a certain affinity for banter. You can look at Recruitment (where we were teammates) and World Reborn (where we were not teammates) for examples of this.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

And you say Ricochet has my back? Why don't you take the word of that confirmed civ then? :biggrin:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Why do you keep alluding to the fact that I care if motel is lynched? motel has been a suspect of mine just as you and Drac have been. I will agree that if motel is lynched and flips mafia, we should take a look at Mac next. He looked pretty effin' eager to get the lynch off of him, but regardless, that has nothing to do with me.

As long as you and motel are lynched in the next two phases, either order, I'm down. For instance, however, if Sorsha is lynched in place of you/motel, I will freak out as no mafia game has ever seen me freak out before. Take that to the bank. ;)
Image Image Image Image
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Matt wrote:Why do you keep alluding to the fact that I care if motel is lynched? motel has been a suspect of mine just as you and Drac have been. I will agree that if motel is lynched and flips mafia, we should take a look at Mac next. He looked pretty effin' eager to get the lynch off of him, but regardless, that has nothing to do with me.

As long as you and motel are lynched in the next two phases, either order, I'm down. For instance, however, if Sorsha is lynched in place of you/motel, I will freak out as no mafia game has ever seen me freak out before. Take that to the bank. ;)
This is the Game of Champions, and exactly the attitude I want to see! :clap:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I'm self-voting because why not.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Let's lynch Sorsha. I want Matt to either freak out or finally spit it out what's this Sorsha-b-good all about.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Ricochet wrote:Let's lynch Sorsha. I want Matt to either freak out or finally spit it out what's this Sorsha-b-good all about.
:disappoint:
Image Image Image Image
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Matt wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Let's lynch Sorsha. I want Matt to either freak out or finally spit it out what's this Sorsha-b-good all about.
:disappoint:
Or... you could lay it out? :grin:
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 441

Post by FZ. »

MM, when I say no one is backing you up, unlike Sorsha, I mean that there's no one who claims to know something about you. Everyone has to rely only on what you say to make the judgement, whereas Matt is vouching for Sorsha.
Rico, if you don't think Matt is bad, why would he claim he has good reasons to think Sorsha is good if he doesn't? You're not making sense.

If MM is in fact what he claims he is, could he be behind the night polls?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

In any case, I think the next person that should be lynched is motel room.

Looking at the baddie roles, can anyone think of how they could be grouped together? As in who is on what group based on the roles and not on connections between players?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

I need to go. I'll be back later.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

FZ. wrote:MM, when I say no one is backing you up, unlike Sorsha, I mean that there's no one who claims to know something about you. Everyone has to rely only on what you say to make the judgement, whereas Matt is vouching for Sorsha.
Rico, if you don't think Matt is bad, why would he claim he has good reasons to think Sorsha is good if he doesn't? You're not making sense.

Why did Boom claim to have good reasons to think LC was bad if he didn't have any? Because derp.
FZ. wrote:In any case, I think the next person that should be lynched is motel room.

Looking at the baddie roles, can anyone think of how they could be grouped together? As in who is on what group based on the roles and not on connections between players?
LoRab teamed with zebra sounds fairly logical. Wilgys opposite of motel...er I mean Kubrick XD ... would also sound logical. Since motel's role is very position-y, it sounds fair he should be with LoRab and zebra, who were also position-y. That means Draco... was with Wilgys?
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Also, tfw the Hosts didn't update the First page informations in quite some time. ˚‧º·(˚ ˃̣̣̥⌓˂̣̣̥ )‧º·˚
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Wait, so reading Draco's role, none of his incapacitated victims died?

Sig was incapacitated D1, so he virtually didn't get to any shields whatsoever. :'(
Golden was incapacitated D2, but him and Tranq still had enough cash to maybe add an extra vote on LoRab D3.
BR was incapacitated D3, so she probably couldn't use her powers for N3.
Ninja was incapacitated D5, so assumingly she couldn't track on N5.
Julies was incapacitated D7.
Motel wasn't incapacitated on D7, so his failed kill couldn't have come from Draco targeting him. And also, if he were, he wouldn't have survived the night kill at all?

Anyway...

---

Hey, if motel room confirmflips Kubrick, the final wagons during the last two Day will have been baddie vs baddie. How bitchin' is that? :biggrin:
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

FZ. wrote:MM, when I say no one is backing you up, unlike Sorsha, I mean that there's no one who claims to know something about you. Everyone has to rely only on what you say to make the judgement, whereas Matt is vouching for Sorsha.

Several of us have been wanting to lynch Sorsha for a couple days now, and Matt says "Hey guys, I really, really think she's civ", and you are ready to trust this sentiment?

What about DH's case? What about Ricochet's ISO? What about Sorsha's noticeable decline in activity ever since she was bodied and DrWilgy was nightkilled?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

It's ok, Marsh. Maybe one Day a human visitor will come into my true lab and read my ISO logs. It's not like they're relevant or anything in the game right now. :sigh:
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Lol, comparing me to Boom is pretty low, but alright. Town can't possibly be contemplating lynching Sorsha over MM or motel tomorrow, so whatevs.

Also, as for who is who's teamie...does nobody agree that Wilgy and Lorab were probably teammates? I posted some quotes earlier in the game which I believe points to this being the case.
Image Image Image Image
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Matt wrote:Lol, comparing me to Boom is pretty low, but alright. Town can't possibly be contemplating lynching Sorsha over MM or motel tomorrow, so whatevs.

Also, as for who is who's teamie...does nobody agree that Wilgy and Lorab were probably teammates? I posted some quotes earlier in the game which I believe points to this being the case.
This post?

To be honest, I don't really trust you since you weren't interested in lynching Dr. Wilgy in the first place.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Matt wrote:Lol, comparing me to Boom is pretty low, but alright. Town can't possibly be contemplating lynching Sorsha over MM or motel tomorrow, so whatevs.

This post?

To be honest, I don't really trust you since you weren't interested in lynching Dr. Wilgy in the first place.
You mean like Drac was? ;)

Again, why do you keep comparing me to different Mafia? I had no problem with a Wilgy lynch. I'm pretty sure I also pulled a Dom quote where he asked Wilgy about his "btsc mates".

Marmot, throughout the game, you have read me civvie...suddenly Drac gets lynched and flips bad, and you try to say that I was against both a motel and Wilgy lynch, despite me never being against either of those lynches?? :faint:

Oh man, I can't wait until you're lynched.
Image Image Image Image
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

...W H Y ?
Matt wrote: Also, as for who is who's teamie...does nobody agree that Wilgy and Lorab were probably teammates? I posted some quotes earlier in the game which I believe points to this being the case.
Idk, I just judged by the roles. The teams could be mixed in having position and non-position roles, though.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Ricochet wrote: Why did Boom claim to have good reasons to think LC was bad if he didn't have any? Because derp.
I said it before and I'll say it again - I think Boomslang was cursed. It's the only thing that makes sense to me. Why haven't we seen other curses? Maybe because the cursed were more subtle than he was.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

juliets wrote:
Ricochet wrote: Why did Boom claim to have good reasons to think LC was bad if he didn't have any? Because derp.
I said it before and I'll say it again - I think Boomslang was cursed. It's the only thing that makes sense to me. Why haven't we seen other curses? Maybe because the cursed were more subtle than he was.
I wouldn't say it's unlikely (we've had Absalom in Biblical pitting players to need one another dead in order to maintain a win con), but he didn't seem to hint at that, after the damage has been done, but rather "oh god I dun goofd". Twice, even.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Ricochet wrote:
juliets wrote:
I wouldn't say it's unlikely (we've had Absalom in Biblical pitting players to need one another dead in order to maintain a win con), but he didn't seem to hint at that, after the damage has been done, but rather "oh god I dun goofd". Twice, even.
With the kind of curse I'm talking about you can't let on at any time, even afterwards. But, this probably doesn't matter much now unless you are counting potential baddies and think he might have been seemed.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

juliets wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
juliets wrote:
With the kind of curse I'm talking about you can't let on at any time, even afterwards. But, this probably doesn't matter much now unless you are counting potential baddies and think he might have been seemed.
tru
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

DH and juliets, why are you keeping your votes on motel? Do you genuinely believe this is a lynch poll?

Also, FZ., motel and Sorsha have not voted yet. :ponder:
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Matt wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

This post?

You mean like Drac was? ;)

Again, why do you keep comparing me to different Mafia? I had no problem with a Wilgy lynch. I'm pretty sure I also pulled a Dom quote where he asked Wilgy about his "btsc mates".

Marmot, throughout the game, you have read me civvie...suddenly Drac gets lynched and flips bad, and you try to say that I was against both a motel and Wilgy lynch, despite me never being against either of those lynches?? :faint:

Oh man, I can't wait until you're lynched.
Did I say you were against the Dr Wilgy lynch? No I didn't. I said ypu weren't interested, and here's why:

Matt wrote:DH - Your theory of Wilgy/Sorsha being on a team, where does MM fit in? Also on the team?

Despite Dom's obvious, obvious, obvious breadcrumb of MM being bad, I can't seem to remember you even mentioning him in the last day or two. What is your opinion of MM? What is your opinion of Dom's post about MM, where he advises town to get a refund on MM's claim?
Night 7: DH states that Dr. Wilgy and Sorsha are on a team. Your response is "Where does MM fit in? On this team?" DH makes a case, and you respond with your own agenda: shoving me into your baddie puzzle.
Matt wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
Matt wrote:DH - No, I'm not joking. Are you asking lame questions in an attempt to get out of being caught?

DH - Answer me, please. Do you believe MM's claim? If so, does that mean you think Dom did not check him? If so, what do you make of Dom's post telling people to get a refund on his claim?
Caught doing what? MM has claimed independent, neutral, w/e, I have bigger mafia fish to fry. What's difficult to believe about that? Do you want to lynch Sorsha and/or Wilgy or what?
Why are you evading my questions?

What do you make of the following quote?
Dom wrote:I don't know about you guys, but I never bought the narrative that Marsh is *neutral*. I suggest you all find your receipts and head to the nearest customer service desk.
Furthermore, why did you jump all over Sorsha's shit after Boom flipped, but didn't mention MM? Why?
Matt wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
Matt wrote:You don't care about Dom's quote? Is that really what you just said?

Yup, let's lynch MM tomorrow, followed by a swift lynch of DH please. Thank you.
Why are you advocating we lynch a baddie and his partner m8.
Fixed :beer:

Linki - Sweet Rico. If MM flips indy/neutral, lynch me. If MM flips bad, I must be distancing so lynch me. Or shit, wait, I'm Wilgy/Sorsha's teamie. Better lynch me.

Either way, can we lynch MM tomorrow? Thanks!

Linki - Yah DH because you "don't care" about what the role checker had to say.
Later Night 7: DharmaHelper asks you if you are interested in lynching Dr. Wilgy. You do not answer the question.

In this continued conversation you joked about being a teammate of Sorsha and Dr. Wilgy. You don't seem to be taking DH's case seriously, even after Dr. Wilgy has come up baddie.
Matt wrote:Wilgy, Drac...

As the top two lynch candidates, are either of you concerned with what I just posted?

Sorsha, FZ, Mac, bea, DH, juliets, anyone else that's playing...I mean SERIOUSLY.

How does the rolechecker call MM "bad" twice on day 6, puts him on a scum list THREE TIMES on day 6, says my favorite quote in the world on day 6...
Dom wrote:I don't know about you guys, but I never bought the narrative that Marsh is *neutral*. I suggest you all find your receipts and head to the nearest customer service desk.
How is MM not already lynched, like on Day 7? :faint:

I bet you all that when Dom reads this, he is going to be shaking his head that I, of all people, are screaming at you to please look at his breadcrumbs.

Please.

Linki - I'd rather see motel lynched then either of you right now. But you know who I really want lynched? Marmot. Why isn't anyone else seeing this??
Day 8 begins, and you approach Dr. Wilgy and Draco, the two presumed lynch candidates for the day. No interest in lynching Wilgy here. You state later you'd rather lynch motel room or myself. This itself is interesting since you proceeded to not vote either of these two by the end of the day either time, but rather put your vote on Draconus.
Matt wrote:Wilgy, juliets, bea, hell Rico even since he just made jokes about it...

Can you all please tell Dom to fuck off? You forgot to do that when you posted and completely ignored my MM case based on Dom, the rolechecker's, abilities. Thanks!

Wilgy - I think it's possible either you or Drac is bad. At one point, looking over Dom's ISO, he even asks you "So are you and your btsc mates concerned about something with JJJ/Tranq?" after you asked a question about 3J/Tranq. However, he doesn't seem to pursue you at all, not like he does MM. As for Drac, we should probably call him the talking version of motel. He literally does nothing but votes. And his "vote self lulz just kidding, unvote self" along with MM switching his vote last second makes me think they could be bad together.

Oh sorry, forgot, fuck off Dom.

Hey Dom, please never play again. Nobody cares what you have to say. Thanks.
Day 8: Now you state that "I think it's possible that either you or Drac is bad". A bit out of left field, you did acknowledge the possibility. But this looks more like a point to cover your tracks, not that you believe it. You proceeded to tell Dom to fuck off anyway.
Matt wrote:Well my MM suss is officially going to stop now. Nobody gives a hoot. Congrats MM! Congrats town on letting him slide. In fact, even if players decide to vote for him today, I won't be. Cuz he's totes neutral, and Dom can go have sex with a pigeon. Why did I type this? Pretty sure because nobody is reading my posts. I wonder if I say I'm the reincarnation of Elvis, if people will even notice.

Derp.

Switching to Drac. Yeah yeah, "Matt is totes on a team with Wilgy/Sorsha". Or rather, I will not be voting anywhere MM does for the remainder of the game. Dom, please stop having sex with that pigeon.
Day 8: Matt claimed his suspcions of MM would stop. :rolleyes: How many times have I heard that this game?

More importantly, Matt jokes again about being a Dr. Wilgy/Sorsha teammate. Another example of not taking the Wilgy suspicion seriously.
Matt wrote:Well, gotta get to work peeps.

Lol. Now you guys are thinking of switching to Sorsha? Please don't. Keep it between Wilgy and Drac, IMO.

Or switch to MM. Thanks!

Peace out
Day 8: Asks everyone to keep the vote between Dr. Wilgy and Draconus. In retrospect, with Wilgy having the ability to survive a kill, this post right here is important. Matt hasn't had a whole lot to say about Sorsha, and he didn't offer any reason not to vote for her.
Matt wrote:Yo

First, Drac, I'm sorry you got so heated over my statements. I have been cursing quite a bit myself because I cannot believe nobody is willing to lynch MM, and it's really quite infuriating, but at the same time, I don't think I've told anyone else "eff you". I think town would agree that my "eff off" to Dom was sarcastic mode, cuz y'know, he's the role checker, and nobody gives a hoot about his breadcrumbs (IMO) on MM. Anyway, if you wanna hash it out and you're still mad, let's take it to MoD.

That being said, I agree with Mac and others who pointed out that you seem to be buddying DH quite a bit, and latching onto his votes. And really dude, that day you were going to sacrifice yourself to save LC, but then switching last minute along with MM's vote on LC, it makes me think you are more of MM's teammate then anyone else in the game.

DH - I think I may vote Wilgy next round. Question - If I add my vote to your block to eliminate Wilgy, would you consider helping me vote MM afterwards? MM seems to be on a lot of people's "second" list. And no offense to you or anyone else, but if people had listened to me, we probably could've lynched MM today with a swell result. For realz.

Btw it seems this won't happen, but I'd prefer to keep days at 48 hours please. If the majority wants 24, okay, but I work a ton and that would kind of suck for me.
Night 8: Matt offers to vote for Dr Wilgy the following day phase, but in return wants DH to help lynch me after that. No sincerity here. Why would you vote for a player at this point in the game if you didn't actually trust that player? And why should one expect something in return.

I don't sense any interest in lynching Wilgy in this post. Also, this comment came after the lynch was over, at night, at a time where one does not have to follow through on their words because there is no lynch poll. Also, no mention of Dr Wilgy surviving the lynch.
Matt wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:I've offered any explanation for Dom's behaviour 4,936 times.
And I've countered argued for which you haven't explained. Like, Dom calling you bad twice on day 6 doesn't correlate with your idea that he checked you and got indy.

But...*takes a deep breath*...

Obviously people do believe you because I'm getting nowhere.

Let's get Wiggles! ;airguitar:

Linki - :faint: Holy crap! Another player other then me just said the magic words! Thank you JC! Thank you!
Matt wrote:DH - I legit can't explain it. I really wish I could. Chalk it up to gut, I suppose? :ponder:

Wilgy - Um no. We'd probably be the only two who vote Marmot, and if you get lynched and flip bad, no doubt DH will be hollering at me next. Unless you can convince juliets who just uttered the magic words to vote for Marmot, as well as a few other players, then I'm prolly going to vote for you.
Day 8: Matt jokingly says "Let's get Wiggles!". There is a smiley directly next to the line, so this is not serious.

Anyway, Wilgy immediately asks Matt to vote for me. Matt declines, and says he's "prolly" going to vote for Dr. Wilgy. :confused:

Upon a quick search through Matt's post history this game, he used the word "probably" 12 times, each time was in a serious sentence. He used the word "prolly" 3 times. Each of the other two times were both jokes. By comparison, my conclusison is that this post is not intended to be serious.
Matt wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
Matt wrote:DH - I legit can't explain it. I really wish I could. Chalk it up to gut, I suppose? :ponder:

Wilgy - Um no. We'd probably be the only two who vote Marmot, and if you get lynched and flip bad, no doubt DH will be hollering at me next. Unless you can convince juliets who just uttered the magic words to vote for Marmot, as well as a few other players, then I'm prolly going to vote for you.
Yooooo you realize his team is now gonna jump on the MM wagon right? Please vote Wilgy first. No compromise.
If Wilgy is bad and his theoretical team voted Marmot, I'd be psyched. You think there's two teams, right?

Also, ummm by you saying that, it makes me think you are scaring off any possible civs who may consider Marmot. Do you think juliets is on Wilgy's team since she just uttered the magic words?

Linki - Lol
Day 8: Matt talks about the possibility that Dr Wilgy is bad and who his teammates are. I don't see any interest in lynching him here, only interest in connecting names that are not Wilgy to Wilgy. Here he mentions juliest and my name in this relationship.

Look at all that disinterest in voting for Dr. Wilgy Matt.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 960

Post by MacDougall »

Good morning Vietnaaaaaaaaaaam
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 960

Post by MacDougall »

A quick search through Metalmarsh's history shows that he coordinated the swapping of votes on a day when an important civilian was lynched that both ensured his lynch and saved a confirmed scum without having any explanation for it and since has given smileys as answers to why.

tl;dr Metalmarsh is Draco's teammate and it's obvious.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Ricochet wrote:DH and juliets, why are you keeping your votes on motel? Do you genuinely believe this is a lynch poll?

Also, FZ., motel and Sorsha have not voted yet. :ponder:
Rico, i thought the theory you brought up earlier that ended in a recommendation to vote MM was sound. I just had to deliberate (with myself) to come to the conclusion that it's better than a motel lynch. I will change my vote as soon as I catch up.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”