The Syndicate 2014 Game of Champions [ENDGAME]

Who killed spacedaisy...I mean, of course you know. Should he die?

Poll ended at Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:22 pm

DharmaHelper
40%
zeek
10%
A Person (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
50%

Total votes: 10
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 180

Re: The Syndicate 2014 Game of Champions [Day 4]

Post by Dom »

Spacedaisy wrote:I don't expect him to, or anyone to. I don't and wouldn't myself. And I apologize that you think that is what's saying or that I'm being harsh. The way I read his answer was that he had read bass and that was why he brought it up now but not before. But to me that implies he read his past games since the topic of discussion was already that he was disengaged. If people were tossing that around as a reasoning to vote someone that I had in the past experienced to play that way when they were a civ without BTSC, my response on the spot would be yeah but he usually plays this way when he has no BTSC. Him saying what made him bring it up now was reading back on Bass would imply to me he had read bass past games.

Dom, I'm not manipulating you. I'm pointing out inconsistencies in what I am seeing.

On that note I have a movie to finish watching before I go take a drug test for the job I was offered (yay!)
You're not pointing out inconsistencies at all.
You're simply annoyed that I don't have a case on Bass-- someone I think is civvie.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 88

Post by Spacedaisy »

Lol, I'm not annoyed in the least. I absolutely AM pointing out inconsistencies.

Ok for real going to finish my movie.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 294
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Dom wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Dom wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Dom wrote:If you hope I don't get lynched, then why are you voting for me?
Out of principle?
(Because that's what you're criticizing me for)
I would say there is a massive chasm of difference between your situation and mine, and any criticisms would have an equally vast difference. "Principle". That's so broad. :huh:

I voted for you because your actions made me suspicious that you're a baddie. I could easily be wrong about that. Was your targeting of Tyler benign, or offensive? Have you asked the host if you're allowed to reveal anything about Tyler's identity? Is that something you're interested in doing? There's an argument that knowing who Tyler is would a) keep this situation from happening again, b) show us someone we seemingly don't need to suspect, and c) pretty much ensure a Champions Win for Tyler Durden.
I'm not sure what you're getting at.
You know who Tyler Durden is.
Yes.... potentially (allowing for redirects, and special cases we discussed earlier)

I'm not sure I can share who it was I targeted.
I'm waiting on a few pieces of information.

But beyond that, how would the rest of your argument follow- I don't understand.
I think the confusion lies in that I moved from one subject to another in the same paragraph. The stuff about revealing Tyler was general discussion, not accusation.
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 441

Post by DharmaHelper »

I'm voting for Dom.

I pointed out several reasons he's pinged me, and combining that with his exchanges recently reminding me of AG2 mafia, I just don't feel quite as comfortable about him as I would like. Also, a very significant part of me feels skeevy about voting for/lynching Bass when he's not here. Granted, I've been pinged by Bass and don't exactly consider him to be confirmed a civvie or anything, but I just could not live with an absentee lynch.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Spacedaisy wrote:Lol, I'm not annoyed in the least. I absolutely AM pointing out inconsistencies.

Ok for real going to finish my movie.
But you're... not?
What is inconsistent with my not wanting to build a "case" against someone I don't think is bad?

What is inconsistent about that?
(nothing)
Long Con wrote:
Dom wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Dom wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Dom wrote:If you hope I don't get lynched, then why are you voting for me?
Out of principle?
(Because that's what you're criticizing me for)
I would say there is a massive chasm of difference between your situation and mine, and any criticisms would have an equally vast difference. "Principle". That's so broad. :huh:

I voted for you because your actions made me suspicious that you're a baddie. I could easily be wrong about that. Was your targeting of Tyler benign, or offensive? Have you asked the host if you're allowed to reveal anything about Tyler's identity? Is that something you're interested in doing? There's an argument that knowing who Tyler is would a) keep this situation from happening again, b) show us someone we seemingly don't need to suspect, and c) pretty much ensure a Champions Win for Tyler Durden.
I'm not sure what you're getting at.
You know who Tyler Durden is.
Yes.... potentially (allowing for redirects, and special cases we discussed earlier)

I'm not sure I can share who it was I targeted.
I'm waiting on a few pieces of information.

But beyond that, how would the rest of your argument follow- I don't understand.
I think the confusion lies in that I moved from one subject to another in the same paragraph. The stuff about revealing Tyler was general discussion, not accusation.
How do a), b), c), and d) follow from me revealing that information?
DharmaHelper wrote:I'm voting for Dom.

I pointed out several reasons he's pinged me, and combining that with his exchanges recently reminding me of AG2 mafia, I just don't feel quite as comfortable about him as I would like. Also, a very significant part of me feels skeevy about voting for/lynching Bass when he's not here. Granted, I've been pinged by Bass and don't exactly consider him to be confirmed a civvie or anything, but I just could not live with an absentee lynch.
How is that remotely fair to me?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

It's not fair, but it is the option I feel most comfortable with.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Note: next time I'm getting heat-- I'll just say I can't play for a week-- no one will vote for me.

(Not saying Bass is lying, I'm just pointing out how dumb that is)
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Dom wrote:How do a), b), c), and d) follow from me revealing that information?
I think it just went to c).

a) Knowing who Tyler is would likely keep ANYONE from ever targeting him again for fear of being in the Thunderdome.

b) Knowing who Tyler is makes us know someone that none of us need to lynch/kill in order to win the game.

c) Following b), knowing who Tyler is makes him a guy who survives until the end of the game.
Dom wrote:Note: next time I'm getting heat-- I'll just say I can't play for a week-- no one will vote for me.

Agreed, I don't like giving Bass a pass because he's absent. All things equal, I would rather lynch Bass for being absent than lynch Dom for Bass being absent.
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 259

Post by timmer »

Revealing who Tyler is helps the baddies as much as it helps the civvies, LC.

I've got little time.

Lynching either player sucks. But it is what it is.

Bass could be abaddie conveniently using his absence today. Or he could be an absent civ.

Dom is present and posting a lot but could also go either way.

I hate this lynch, but I will vote Dom. With so many more posts, if Dom flips bad we will garner more information. For me, it's sadly as simple as that.
My siggie.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

timmer wrote:Revealing who Tyler is helps the baddies as much as it helps the civvies, LC.
I think the strongest takeaway was that it helps Tyler, but I'm not sure what you mean here. It helps the Civvies in that we'd know someone who isn't a baddie, who the baddies won't kill. We can further assume that Tyler would likely try to act Civvie and find and lynch baddies... I think that's a reasonable assumption. I guess Tyler could somehow decide to side with a baddie team, but he wouldn't really have any info to go on to do that.

It helps the targeting Civvies and baddies equally, because both sides would avoid targeting him.

It narrows the baddies down... one more person they can't falsely pin baddieness on. I don't think the reverse applies to Civvieness.

:shrug: You were obviously in a hurry there Timmer, so don't worry if you can't clarify your viewpoint. Ultimately, I don't expect Tyler to be revealed. I just thought it was good to discuss. Could come in handy later, when the survivor of this lynch is like "I really don't think we need to lynch ______", we could all be like "ah, maybe that person is Tyler!" and not waste a lynch.
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 38

Post by Boomslang »

Dom wrote:Note: next time I'm getting heat-- I'll just say I can't play for a week-- no one will vote for me.

Agreed. In the interest of making Bass a more valid option for discussion and to forestall a Dom bandwagon picking up steam, I'll vote now.
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 259

Post by timmer »

I've got one more minute. My reasoning is, you never trust an Indy. They could play a pro civ game but then change their minds halfway through etc.
My siggie.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 134
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Voting Bass to make it a tie.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

DharmaHelper wrote:I do know Dom though, or at least I'd like to think.. His most recent posts remind me of his play in Avante Guarde. He was a baddie.
Can you elaborate?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Turnip Head wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:I do know Dom though, or at least I'd like to think.. His most recent posts remind me of his play in Avante Guarde. He was a baddie.
Can you elaborate?
Avante Guard 2, I should clarify.

Dom just seems to be acting defensively, similar to how he was defensive towards me in AG2 after my megapost of vote analyzing.

ImageImage
ImageImage
zeek
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 268

Post by zeek »

Haven't really got time to catch and I won't have a chance to post/vote before the deadline. I doubt a catchup is necessary though, seen as Bass isn't around.

Voting Bass, because I just feel better about Dom.
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 151
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Russtifinko wrote:
bea wrote:RIP FZ :( I' had really good feelings about you and I'm pretty sure we were both civs. Once of us always seems to die early when we are both civs. :( Why do peeps hate the idea of us being civ together so much?
Dom wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:Rest in peace FZ. I was feeling pretty good about you :(

I'm looking at DH today. I think there's something there with the DF connection. DF seemed extremely hesitant to take a stance on DH and went out of his way to vote to help save DH Day 1. Furthermore, DH didn't contribute at all to the discussion on DF. There's also something I want to point out about some of DH's posting on Day 2 but it will have to wait until I get home so I can search for it.

I know I've defended DH some in this game but I'm concerned that that was misguided of me. I felt like he was getting heat for simply being an active participant, but now that we've got more to go on, he feels a bit slippery to me.
TH, I look forward to your ideas about DH on Day 2 :) I'm curious, I don't remember you sharing thoughts on Boomslang.

I'm glad to see Timmer participating more! I found your comments, when I read up, very insightful and great to have around. Rey, on the other hand, still has my eye.
TH- I look forward to reading what you have to say about DH - I still have my doubts about him but I'm not sure that's the sort of investigative work I can handle ATM.

Dom - in all fairness, it looks like Sawyer had a smiley curse. I'd like to see how he handles this day phase.
S~V~S wrote:
S~V~S wrote:Bea, how do you know that
bea wrote:

linki - snowy - a civvie posted about bass supposing he picked SVS for the posting contest when the exact opposite was true. So it's possible he was just going on memory - which is faulty and missed that hedgie didn't post.

Sorry hit submit by mistake :blush:

You write "a civvie posted" like it's a fact. How do you know that? And I know your usage is quirky, but am I reading into it when I say it sounds as if you are talking about civvies in the third person? That was just a weird thing to say, I guess.

To add to this, bea, you said "civ" 3 times to start that post, but they were all worded so as to not really be lie detectable to say whether you're civ or not. It makes me nervous. Something to hide?

Nope. I've got nothing to hid. From Boe or anyone else. :) That said, my post was influenced by 6 glasess of chardonay -so take that for what you will.

As for today's vote I'm all popping a brain cell or three over it. Dom and Bass are about at equal levels of IDK what to think about them. Feels like the all things being equal. I hate to vote bass when he can't defend and I hate to punish dom by voting him because bass can't defend.

I guess I'm going to go with Bass. I feel bad that he can't defend, but the likely hood that one of them is bad, compiled by rox expressing distrust in him and rox's subsiquent silence push him a hair ahead of dom for me.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 291

Post by S~V~S »

What would Rox being silenced have to do with it?

How would the baddies know 2 people targeted Tyler?
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Earlier it felt like a Save Bass was going on, now it feels like a Save Dom. Maybe they are both bad and I can't read either of them. I will be home in about 90 minutes, I will vote then.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

S~V~S wrote:What would Rox being silenced have to do with it?

How would the baddies know 2 people targeted Tyler?
I don't think the two events are related. Sorry if I was not being clear there - doing a bunch of stuff so I can catch the bus in the next hour.

I don't think anyone (even potentially Tyler) expected this to happen when it did. But Rox had expressed some concern for Bass and lo and behold she is silenced the next day. If Bass is on a baddie team, I don't find it unreasonable that that team would have wanted to quiet her down while he was gone. We can WIFOM that no baddie team that Bass was on would do that, but it happens.

I'm working with what I got here. Do you have a better reason to vote Dom over Bass?

I said at the start of this I was pretty darned undecided on the options. I was hopping someone would pull Dom's quotes like I did when pulled Bass's.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Has juliets posted this phase?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

No and she has been here today. She last posted during the night i think.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

So that would make 3 people potentially silenced....
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Possible that Rogue stole the power. Can't think of any other explanations atm. It's unlike all 3 players to not post if they are able.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

ok - I have to start the wait on the bus. I'll check in later if I can to see if there's any decent reason to move my vote. If I do move it, it'll be quick, ugly and flyby like from my phone.

HOSTIE WITH THE MOSTIE!! If rouge steals a power will the original target still go through or is the original player's target blocked? Did I ask this before because I feel like I have. I'm sorry if I'm being redundant. [/b}
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

bea wrote:ok - I have to start the wait on the bus. I'll check in later if I can to see if there's any decent reason to move my vote. If I do move it, it'll be quick, ugly and flyby like from my phone.

HOSTIE WITH THE MOSTIE!! If rouge steals a power will the original target still go through or is the original player's target blocked? Did I ask this before because I feel like I have. I'm sorry if I'm being redundant.
ebwop for tag fail.
Long Con
So Divine

Re: The Syndicate 2014 Game of Champions [Day 1]

Post by Long Con »

Epignosis wrote:
Long Con wrote:When Rogue steals a power, does the original possessor of the power not have it that night? If Rogue steals Concorde's power, protects someone, and that person dies, killing Rogue... can Rogue still win with the Civvies though she's dead, a la Concorde? If she copies Preacher Harry Powell or The Necromancer, does she learn the role of their kill target? How far can Rogue go with Tyler Durden?
Correct. It is stolen for that Night. In essence, the target is blocked.
Yes.
Yes, but only if she steals the power and uses it on a Night during which that team successfully kills.
Depends on if she buys him flowers.
Here you go, bea!
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Well that shoots that theory down. Anyone else have an idea? Horcrux I guess. Doctor secrets, Snape potions? Both seem unlikely. Couldn't be the Dead Collector, either.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

And I switched my vote to Dom to keep it a tie.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Turnip Head wrote:Well that shoots that theory down. Anyone else have an idea? Horcrux I guess. Doctor secrets, Snape potions? Both seem unlikely. Couldn't be the Dead Collector, either.
Or someone could be faking. It would be fairly easy to do this game, lots of low post vote missers. It would be bad luck for a faker, though, with two other chatty people actually silenced. Unlikely, but possible.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

One of them had better post, because we'll be asking all three who silenced them. And if there's a double-claim... woo hoo, Mafia hilarity! :feb:
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
Can you elaborate?
Avante Guard 2, I should clarify.

Dom just seems to be acting defensively, similar to how he was defensive towards me in AG2 after my megapost of vote analyzing.
I see no parallels. I do not think I'm being defensive-- in fact, my lack of being defensive has garnered some suspicion.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Turnip Head wrote:Voting Bass to make it a tie.
Why did you say that MP was targeted twice?
This is the THIRD TIME I have asked you this.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Dom wrote:
I don't know. I was just throwing it out there. :shrug: why is it so important to you?
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Turnip Head wrote:
Dom wrote:
I don't know. I was just throwing it out there. :shrug: why is it so important to you?
That's the second extremely specific speculation about last night made....

I'm curious why that seems to be a trend.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 169
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Then when you made you comment about Mongoose really lying it furthered my bad feeling I forgot I also wanted to ask Elo what she finds suspicious about zeek? I was thinking about voting SVS or TH but then I noticed SVS only had one vote and TH none. I think my vote would be wasted if I voted for them.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

wat
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

juliets wrote:Then when you made you comment about Mongoose really lying it furthered my bad feeling I forgot I also wanted to ask Elo what she finds suspicious about zeek? I was thinking about voting SVS or TH but then I noticed SVS only had one vote and TH none. I think my vote would be wasted if I voted for them.
This is the post of the game

ImageImage
ImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 161

Post by Snow Dog »

DharmaHelper wrote:
juliets wrote:Then when you made you comment about Mongoose really lying it furthered my bad feeling I forgot I also wanted to ask Elo what she finds suspicious about zeek? I was thinking about voting SVS or TH but then I noticed SVS only had one vote and TH none. I think my vote would be wasted if I voted for them.
This is the post of the game
Does anyone else agree?

Who will i vote for?

have I even decided yet?

Is Bass the front runner?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Will i do eeny meeny miny mo?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

In all seriousness JC can you explain what you were talking about here

ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I will second this post of the game by Juliets.

And Snow Dog - question curse? Niiice.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 169
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

DharmaHelper wrote:
In all seriousness JC can you explain what you were talking about here
Tyler wins by having more recruits than non-recruits in the game.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

People wonder why I don't drink.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Long Con wrote:I will second this post of the game by Juliets.

Do you have any answers that I can question? :haha:
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Snow Dog wrote:

Dom.

Bass.

Question away

ImageImage
ImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:

Dom.

Bass.

Question away
Do I suspect Dom a little?
Is there something about him this game that makes me feel not quite right with him?
Do I suspect Bass a bit more?
Does his absence affect how I will vote?
Was his Hedgeowl thing enough ffor me to vote him?
can I fucking decide for once in my life?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

y'all are weird.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Dom wrote:y'all are weird.
Does that include me?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

I don't know. Does it?

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”