Total votes: 20
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 240
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Re: Day 6 ~ 2015 Game of Champions

Post by juliets »

DharmaHelper wrote:Having actually read what Boomslang said now I have to admit I am intrigued. He's not above flat out infodumping (Amirite Face of Hoe)?

As annoying as that would be, I have to consider this Day a toss up between either LC or Boom now.
What do you think of the idea that Boomslang was forced to try to make a case and then vote LC?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 441

Post by FZ. »

DharmaHelper wrote:I've cleared this with the hosts I have reason to believe that DharmaHelper is a civ.
Wow, even you are not sure about yourself? I'd say that's enough reason to vote for you
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 686

Post by DharmaHelper »

juliets wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:Having actually read what Boomslang said now I have to admit I am intrigued. He's not above flat out infodumping (Amirite Face of Hoe)?

As annoying as that would be, I have to consider this Day a toss up between either LC or Boom now.
What do you think of the idea that Boomslang was forced to try to make a case and then vote LC?
I think there are better ways to do that.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 238
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

FZ. wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:I've cleared this with the hosts I have reason to believe that DharmaHelper is a civ.
Wow, even you are not sure about yourself? I'd say that's enough reason to vote for you
Yeah, I think so too.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

FZ. wrote:I'm wondering if this is just me being paranoid, but way before Tranq was lynched, when we were all debating whether Tranq's behaviour is a baddie indication, Mac said he is going to play like that in future games and skate through the game. Is it possible he's trying that as a baddie now?

Linki: Okay, it makes some sense. That said, I thought that if he was forced, the one post was enough to make it clear it wasn't his own choice, but when he came back with more, it made me doubt that. Can someone make him keep posting to convince us? Usually, when you're forced to vote for someone else, it's not like that.
FZ., one thing that Mac said earlier was that he was working on a seven figure project that was more important than mafia. If that's true it might be why he's not in the thread during the day. I don't know this to be true but it is something he brought up a little while back.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 1472

Post by Ricochet »

Long Con wrote:
Boomslang wrote:Why would I make such an unprecedented move on LC? What could I have possibly learned between Day 5 and Day 6? You're all smart people, you can figure it out.
Yeah, this. Has anyone figured it out and shown that they are smart? Is Boomslang roleclaiming an info role?

I could posit that he's a Civ with an info role that has gotten bad info, but why would an info-getting Civ just blurt and out themselves like that? He didn't even try to make a case on me and indicate agreement with others who suspect me.
Well, to paraphrase:

why did I jump at MacBaddie's throat, on Day 6 in THM, and blurt my info and (theoretically) out myself like that? How stupid of me. :rolleyes:

1. I don't think Boom himself blurted and outed himself. Us talking about it so openly lead(s) to that, moreover.

2. If Boom is who I think he is, and feels the moment is right or that the game needs to open itself up, I totally understand his move.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Long Con wrote:
FZ. wrote:
Yeah, I think so too.
Y tho.

ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

You're right, Juliets, he did say that.

I really wish Boomslang would come here and stay for a little while. I have some questions for him:

1. How is what you're doing not considered info dumping?
2. Is your knowledge night or thread related?
3. Could you be wrong?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Long Con wrote:
FZ. wrote:
Yeah, I think so too.
Y tho.
Everyone here claims the only they are sure of being a civ are themselves. You only have reason to believe. I think that says it all.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

OMFG my hard drive completely died on me RIP me
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

FZ. wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
Long Con wrote:
FZ. wrote:
Yeah, I think so too.
Y tho.
Everyone here claims the only they are sure of being a civ are themselves. You only have reason to believe. I think that says it all.
I hope you're being facetious.

ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

DharmaHelper wrote:
FZ. wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
Long Con wrote:
FZ. wrote:
Yeah, I think so too.
Y tho.
I hope you're being facetious.
Did I forget to use sarc orange? Silly me. Did you?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Ricochet wrote:OMFG my hard drive completely died on me RIP me
:puppy: Yikes. Hope you had backups.

...I should make backups.

Anyhoo, I'm not bad, and you shouldn't be voting me. Let them nightkill me instead, at least.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Long Con wrote:

Anyhoo, I'm not bad, and you shouldn't be voting me. Let them nightkill me instead, at least.
Most of them, but this is an awful time and I don't mean just mafia.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 156

Post by Dom »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:@dom, you answered your own question. You asked what evidence I've brought forth, and you followed it up with the evidence I've brought forth.

You also stated a suspect list with my name on it. Ok, what is your case against me?

I know you're not happy that I've claimed neutral, yet am suddenly casing you. Whether such actions would benefit me or not are is my own problem. You can't decide that for me. You can decide whether to believe my claim, but based what you have said since that point, I have no reason to see that you don't believe me.
....I literally have argued that you aren't behaving like I'd expect you to if you were truly neutral. I posted about it a lot. Selective memory or bad?
Can't tell.
FZ. wrote:I'm wondering if this is just me being paranoid, but way before Tranq was lynched, when we were all debating whether Tranq's behaviour is a baddie indication, Mac said he is going to play like that in future games and skate through the game. Is it possible he's trying that as a baddie now?

Linki: Okay, it makes some sense. That said, I thought that if he was forced, the one post was enough to make it clear it wasn't his own choice, but when he came back with more, it made me doubt that. Can someone make him keep posting to convince us? Usually, when you're forced to vote for someone else, it's not like that.
I agree with your point on Mac.
FZ. wrote:Okay, first of all, the hosts cleared it. Let's say I have reason to believe at day 3.0, JJJ's vote was worth 0 and Sorsha's was worth 0 last day. My lapse in judgement after the aftermath of last day was because he voted for Tranq who when I left had believed like me, that he was good. I thought that JJJ might have voted Lorab on day 3.0 but not on day 3.5 because his vote wasn't worth anything, and that Sorsha voted jjj for the same reason. I wanted to share this, but it turns out I was wrong. I now think that Sorsha, unless there really are two teams, had no reason to vote for him and make herself look worse if he were lynched.

Dom, per your question, I don't know whether Zebra's team killed or not. That's why I asked if LC thought it was her group or the other who killed.
I interpreted your original statement differently. But that makes sense as well.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

What is everyone thinking about ninju? She has been so quiet, so under the radar. It makes me nervous about her. She has less posts than Tranq, in fact less than anyone.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Long Con wrote:

Why would it be better if they NK you?

Sorry to hear about your situation Rico
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

No idea, juliets.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

juliets wrote:What is everyone thinking about ninju? She has been so quiet, so under the radar. It makes me nervous about her. She has less posts than Tranq, in fact less than anyone.
I doubt ninju is in any way close to a lynch subject toDay, so why bring it up?
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Juliets, you can add her to my list of people of unsubstantiated claims against me.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

FZ. wrote:
Long Con wrote:

Because we could actually lynch a baddie today instead... and the nightkill won't go to another Civ.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Ricochet wrote:
juliets wrote:What is everyone thinking about ninju? She has been so quiet, so under the radar. It makes me nervous about her. She has less posts than Tranq, in fact less than anyone.
I doubt ninju is in any way close to a lynch subject toDay, so why bring it up?
I don't have any suspicions of who I see as the top vote getters today so I'm looking around at other people on the players list.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Dom wrote:Juliets, you can add her to my list of people of unsubstantiated claims against me.
Ok thanks Dom

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Long Con wrote:
FZ. wrote:
Long Con wrote:

Because we could actually lynch a baddie today instead... and the nightkill won't go to another Civ.
I don't think you'll be NKd any time soon, if your status creates such doubt amongst us, leading nowhere in lynches.

That's why the time is right NOW. Boomslang or LC. Which is made of bullsuit?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Ricochet wrote:
Long Con wrote:
FZ. wrote:
Long Con wrote:

I don't think you'll be NKd any time soon, if your status creates such doubt amongst us, leading nowhere in lynches.

That's why the time is right NOW. Boomslang or LC. Which is made of bullsuit?
Man, I'm sorry, I don't trust you at all.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Why would you, if you're bad?
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 849
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Dom wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:@dom, you answered your own question. You asked what evidence I've brought forth, and you followed it up with the evidence I've brought forth.

You also stated a suspect list with my name on it. Ok, what is your case against me?

I know you're not happy that I've claimed neutral, yet am suddenly casing you. Whether such actions would benefit me or not are is my own problem. You can't decide that for me. You can decide whether to believe my claim, but based what you have said since that point, I have no reason to see that you don't believe me.
....I literally have argued that you aren't behaving like I'd expect you to if you were truly neutral. I posted about it a lot. Selective memory or bad?
Can't tell.
Yes I understand that. Can you explain that mindset from a baddie perspective?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

DH, is Boomslang the only reason you're voting LC?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

FZ. wrote:DH, is Boomslang the only reason you're voting LC?
He's the only reason my vote is there currently :shrug:

ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Ricochet wrote:Why would you, if you're bad?
The reason I don't trust you has nothing to do with my alignment, and also, that's a vapid question.

If the baddies have cursed Boomslang with the imperative to come after me, then they want it to result in one or both of our deaths. Having some consideration that he was cursed might make those plans not happen... and you are doing your best to ignore that possibility and push the lynch to one of us or the other.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Long Con wrote:
The reason I don't trust you has nothing to do with my alignment, and also, that's a vapid question.

If the baddies have cursed Boomslang with the imperative to come after me, then they want it to result in one or both of our deaths. Having some consideration that he was cursed might make those plans not happen... and you are doing your best to ignore that possibility and push the lynch to one of us or the other.
If Boomslang is cursed to go after you, he'd have to be ridiculously daft to just say "hey trust me lynch Long Con". That's dumb.

ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

That's why I'm asking if there's a chance someone can tell him exactly what to say.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

IT LIVES! IT LIIIIIIIVES!!!!
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Long Con wrote:

You are wicked with words, I'll give you that.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Dom wrote:

Can't tell.
Yes I understand that. Can you explain that mindset from a baddie perspective?
...Yes.... and I have been....

I think you are a baddie who thought they found an easy lynch.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

FZ. wrote:That's why I'm asking if there's a chance someone can tell him exactly what to say.
There is literally a chance that anything could happen. Are you really looking for someone to tell you "No, I know these hosts, there's absolutely no chance that Boomslang could be cursed to say an exact thing in the thread"? There's a chance that everyone is bad but you, or that there's just one baddie left, or that ten of the living players are Indy. But not likely.

I don't think it's likely that someone gave Boomslang his lines for today, that doesn't sound like something real to me. DH, if Boomslang was forced to make a case today against me, he could very well make it blatantly weird in order to try and overcome the baddies' plan with something easy-to-disbelieve.

I don't know. What I do know is that I am not a baddie, so his claim is either a lie, a curse, or (unlikely) false info.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Ricochet wrote:
Long Con wrote:

You are wicked with words, I'll give you that.
It's my only real Mafia playing skill.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Long Con wrote:
FZ. wrote:That's why I'm asking if there's a chance someone can tell him exactly what to say.
There is literally a chance that anything could happen. Are you really looking for someone to tell you "No, I know these hosts, there's absolutely no chance that Boomslang could be cursed to say an exact thing in the thread"? There's a chance that everyone is bad but you, or that there's just one baddie left, or that ten of the living players are Indy. But not likely.

I don't think it's likely that someone gave Boomslang his lines for today, that doesn't sound like something real to me. DH, if Boomslang was forced to make a case today against me, he could very well make it blatantly weird in order to try and overcome the baddies' plan with something easy-to-disbelieve.

I don't know. What I do know is that I am not a baddie, so his claim is either a lie, a curse, or (unlikely) false info.
Yeah thats exactly what I mean. If he was forced he could have made a shit case. But "Hey trust me lynch Long Con" isn't a shit case, it's infodumping, which in the culture of the Syndicate will 100% guarantee you get lynched.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 47

Post by Boomslang »

FZ. wrote:You're right, Juliets, he did say that.

I really wish Boomslang would come here and stay for a little while. I have some questions for him:

1. How is what you're doing not considered info dumping?
2. Is your knowledge night or thread related?
3. Could you be wrong?
1. Because the hosts said so.
2. Nights are part of the thread, yo.
3. Possibly. But I'm confident enough to lead a vote there.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Long Con wrote:

Yeah thats exactly what I mean. If he was forced he could have made a shit case. But "Hey trust me lynch Long Con" isn't a shit case, it's infodumping, which in the culture of the Syndicate will 100% guarantee you get lynched.
:srsnod: What Boom said is really unusual whether he's right or wrong about me. Extra-unusual to me because he's wrong.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Hey, trust me, lynch Boomslang.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I have to go out soon for a couple of hours. Moving my vote to Draconus for now.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

The way LC crafted his defense, he would have said the same even if Boomslang came with a Papryco like wall-o-text as to why LC must be lynched. Com'on.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Ricochet wrote:The way LC crafted his defense, he would have said the same even if Boomslang came with a Papryco like wall-o-text as to why LC must be lynched. Com'on.
Just like I did when FZ and Metalmarsh suspected me earlier?
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Long Con wrote:
Ricochet wrote:The way LC crafted his defense, he would have said the same even if Boomslang came with a Papryco like wall-o-text as to why LC must be lynched. Com'on.
Just like I did when FZ and Metalmarsh suspected me earlier?
I'm clearly referencing Boomslang being imperative about your lynch, not just sussing you, the way others did.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Sorry LC, I don't know if Boomslang is forced or not, but I do know that I was suspicious of you even before, and this just adds another reason to vote you. I don't believe he was forced, because then his posts would look different than they do.

Add that to the fact you were going after JJJ for the entire game, and after he came clean, you went after me. I've said it before, I think you're smarter than that. I think you also thought you could get away with NK him because of the WIFOM of why would you kill him. You might have thought it would make you look better than getting him lynched. There's a possibility I'm wrong if there are two teams, but either way, I don't think this is the wrong decision.

I also wonder if you guys talked BTSC and came up with Matt saying this is a curse. Again, just a theory, but it wouldn't surprise me.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

I'm so bloody relieved my spreadsheets weren't lost. I had backed up nothing from my Mafia folder. Since the beginning of that folder. :phew:
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Good to hear, Rico. I imagine there were some other important stuff there. Not as important as mafia, but stil...

I'm off to bed. I think LC is the right way to go, but I'll let people judge for themselves.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Ricochet wrote:I'm so bloody relieved my spreadsheets weren't lost. I had backed up nothing from my Mafia folder. Since the beginning of that folder. :phew:
Praise Jesus

ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

FZ. wrote:Good to hear, Rico. I imagine there were some other important stuff there. Not as important as mafia, but stil...

I'm off to bed. I think LC is the right way to go, but I'll let people judge for themselves.
All backed up now, baddies have missed their only opportunity to hurt me. :srsnod:

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”