14%

Total votes: 29
gfishfunk
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Mass Effect Mafia: an HCR & Syndicate crossover

Post by gfishfunk »

Questions:

1. It looks like we have a whole subforum for the game. Will there be multiple threads?

2. What are some norms from the Synidcate?

3. What are some norms from HCRealms?
- I have the opinion (right or wrong) that our night action set-up, power arrays, and alternative win conditions are more complicated and varied than most other games out there, but I have very little basis to believe this.

4. What is the typical posting post count, frequency, length, etc. in the Synidcate?
Sig block: Reserved for future epic fails.

I take things literally. See if you can find an example in my profile!
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 13
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

gfishfunk wrote:Questions:

1. It looks like we have a whole subforum for the game. Will there be multiple threads?

2. What are some norms from the Synidcate?

3. What are some norms from HCRealms?
- I have the opinion (right or wrong) that our night action set-up, power arrays, and alternative win conditions are more complicated and varied than most other games out there, but I have very little basis to believe this.

4. What is the typical posting post count, frequency, length, etc. in the Synidcate?
1. Some games do, some games don't have multiple threads. Who knows what the case is here.

2. Some norms. We generally janitor nightkills (as in nightkilled players' roles are not revealed). Similar to how there is a poll in this thread, lynch votes are placed in the same sort of poll , rather than bolded in thread. You can do that too of course, but your vote in the poll is what counts. Epignosis always gets nightkilled first, or MovingPictures07. One of the two.

3. Alternative win conditions can be a thing here. If those are the norms on HCRealms, I imagine you'll see them in this game. But who knows really.

4. We post a lot. In a game like this, I wouldn't be surprised if the first couple of days churn up close to 1k posts each. This game will generate a little more excitement than most.

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
gfishfunk
Stool Pigeon

Post by gfishfunk »

Marmot wrote:1. Some games do, some games don't have multiple threads. Who knows what the case is here.

2. Some norms. We generally janitor nightkills (as in nightkilled players' roles are not revealed). Similar to how there is a poll in this thread, lynch votes are placed in the same sort of poll , rather than bolded in thread. You can do that too of course, but your vote in the poll is what counts. Epignosis always gets nightkilled first, or MovingPictures07. One of the two.

3. Alternative win conditions can be a thing here. If those are the norms on HCRealms, I imagine you'll see them in this game. But who knows really.

4. We post a lot. In a game like this, I wouldn't be surprised if the first couple of days churn up close to 1k posts each. This game will generate a little more excitement than most.
Re 2. In Realms games, we generally will janitor the powers, but not the identity For example: Marmot is dead! Marmot was President Lincoln (Vampire Hunter Maifa), one of USA's greatest presidents and a powerful vampire hunter.

This doesn't tell the power, but it does show alignment and identity. In the realms, we use these things to show theme, allow players to claim identity, and to make sense of the end of night write-ups.

Re 3. Realms power set ups can be very wonky, though we have a lot of roles that are perfectly normal (like doctor / alignment cop). A weird role might be: you may misdirect on even nights, block on odd nights. Once per game, you may instead make yourself a double voter. A very weird role might be: You are a power broker. Each night invent a power to give to another player - but if they accept the power, they must give you something of value that you demand, such as you steal their vote for the next phase or you get to raise your vote threshold by 1 permanently at the expense of their voting threshold permanently lowering by 1.
Sig block: Reserved for future epic fails.

I take things literally. See if you can find an example in my profile!
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 12
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

gfishfunk wrote:Re 3. Realms power set ups can be very wonky, though we have a lot of roles that are perfectly normal (like doctor / alignment cop). A weird role might be: you may misdirect on even nights, block on odd nights. Once per game, you may instead make yourself a double voter. A very weird role might be: You are a power broker. Each night invent a power to give to another player - but if they accept the power, they must give you something of value that you demand, such as you steal their vote for the next phase or you get to raise your vote threshold by 1 permanently at the expense of their voting threshold permanently lowering by 1.
We are down with that level of complexity for sure.
sprityo
The Turncoat
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

Long Con wrote:
gfishfunk wrote:Re 3. Realms power set ups can be very wonky, though we have a lot of roles that are perfectly normal (like doctor / alignment cop). A weird role might be: you may misdirect on even nights, block on odd nights. Once per game, you may instead make yourself a double voter. A very weird role might be: You are a power broker. Each night invent a power to give to another player - but if they accept the power, they must give you something of value that you demand, such as you steal their vote for the next phase or you get to raise your vote threshold by 1 permanently at the expense of their voting threshold permanently lowering by 1.
We are down with that level of complexity for sure.
:beer: :haha:
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 2

Post by speedchuck »

I am SUPER willing to replace into this. I actively like being a replacement. I've replaced into about a third of the mafia games I've played, off the top of my head.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

I hope this game glitches and someone randomly dies for no reason
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
malakim2099
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 19

Post by malakim2099 »

sprityo wrote:I hope this game glitches and someone randomly dies for no reason
*makes a note*

:D
Be the Vanguard of Destruction you want to be in the world!
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 21
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

The game will begin at 7 PM EST.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 25
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:The game will begin at 7 PM EST.
:yay:
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 4
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

But roles will go out right now, right?
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 21
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:But roles will go out right now, right?
We've decided we won't be sending out role cards. You'll just have to guess at what you might be.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I played a game once where we got to make up our own roles. I was the Absorbing Man. All powers used on me failed, and then I got to use them. Unfortunately the baddies figured me out and laughed as they avoided targeting me and annihilated my Civilian brethren. :(
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 2
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

malakim2099 wrote:I believe none of this. :faint:
I promise to shoot Mal as vig the first night and then get myself lynched.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 4
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Long Con wrote:I played a game once where we got to make up our own roles. I was the Absorbing Man. All powers used on me failed, and then I got to use them. Unfortunately the baddies figured me out and laughed as they avoided targeting me and annihilated my Civilian brethren. :(
Man, I have got to finalize one of my superhero-y setups.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
Long Con wrote:I played a game once where we got to make up our own roles. I was the Absorbing Man. All powers used on me failed, and then I got to use them. Unfortunately the baddies figured me out and laughed as they avoided targeting me and annihilated my Civilian brethren. :(
Man, I have got to finalize one of my superhero-y setups.
I will be there. X-Men, Justice League, Avengers, Marvel vs DC, whatever... that's a theme that I'm likely unable to resist.

I also will, one day, do a superhero setup. So many good characters to draw from.

Return to “Previous Sit Down Sign-Ups”