Maybe/Replacement/Waffler
No votes

Total votes: 21
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 10

Re: Mafia Championship Scrimmage

Post by Dyslexicon »

And I think I forgot to say hi, so hi everyone! *polite, but slightly awkward gestures in the air*

Now to figure out how to post gifs here. Most important.

Success! My body is ready! :omg:
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 30
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dyslexicon wrote:Also, I want to ask if there is any way to multiquote on this site? I may be blind, dumb or both, but I can't immediately find one.
There isn't yet a multi-quote button on the site, though the admins have hinted at it being something they hope to add soon. You can still multi-quote manually though by having a couple tabs open and copy/pasting from the thread or an ISO.
Dyslexicon wrote:Also also, are you allowed to delete content from a quote you are replying to (as a way of making it clearer exactly what you are replying to)?
You can snip quotes however you like. It's also common to use a "highlighter" within a quote to focus upon something specific (my personal preference is to color the selected text yellow and bold it). There is the possibility that people might complain about lost context due to quote snipping, so it's up to you to decide how you want to do it.

:)
Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

And welcome, Dyslexicon! It's great to have you on The Syndicate and in our scrimmage. I hope you enjoy your time here.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Only three more slots to fill, two if Sloonei meant to change his "maybe" to a "yes".

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 3
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

First, "Psi" is the most awesome way to shorten that name. Second, I clip irrelevant content out of quotes all the time. I don't like posting huge quotes. If your conscience hurts for it, then just put a little *snip* or something where the content was. :grin:

Second, you can also multi-quote the most recent quotes.

Below the Submit button when posting, below the Options tab, you see peoples' posts, under "TOPIC REVIEW: <<topic title>>". Clicking 'Quote' in the top-right of any of these posts will cause the post to be quoted in your main Post Reply area, wherever the cursor is.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Yes I am a serial snipper. I'd rather get accused of taking something out of context than post an octuple-quote pyramid. :P

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Long Con
So Divine
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

LOL, I had two "Second" points in that last post. :blush:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 44
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Welcome to The Syndicate, Dyslexicon!!

I am so pumped to play with all these people I've never played with before. :dance:
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:There isn't yet a multi-quote button on the site, though the admins have hinted at it being something they hope to add soon. You can still multi-quote manually though by having a couple tabs open and copy/pasting from the thread or an ISO.
Manually will do, and the ISO is always a nice option.
my personal preference is to complain about lost context
I'm sure I don't know what you mean. :ponder: :P
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:And welcome, Dyslexicon! It's great to have you on The Syndicate and in our scrimmage. I hope you enjoy your time here.
Thank you, I'm sure I will!^^
Long Con wrote:Second, you can also multi-quote the most recent quotes.

Below the Submit button when posting, below the Options tab, you see peoples' posts, under "TOPIC REVIEW: <<topic title>>". Clicking 'Quote' in the top-right of any of these posts will cause the post to be quoted in your main Post Reply area, wherever the cursor is.
Oh, nice! That will work well for the more recent catch ups.
MovingPictures07 wrote:Welcome to The Syndicate, Dyslexicon!!

I am so pumped to play with all these people I've never played with before. :dance:
Yay! :omg:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Dyslexicon wrote:Also, I want to ask if there is any way to multiquote on this site? I may be blind, dumb or both, but I can't immediately find one.
There isn't yet a multi-quote button on the site, though the admins have hinted at it being something they hope to add soon. You can still multi-quote manually though by having a couple tabs open and copy/pasting from the thread or an ISO.)
Also, this is true. :nicenod:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 9
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Is multi-quoting just being able to quote a bunch of posts at once without leaving the original page? I never knew that was an option until people started mentioning it here. Unless I'm miaunderstanding something.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)

Post by Ricochet »

I will now demonstrate what I regard as multi-quoting possible via the "topic review" section, that's visible underneath the reply box. It's understandly limited to the more recent posts written in the thread, but sometimes, during active discussion, it can help.
Sloonei wrote:Is multi-quoting just being able to quote a bunch of posts at once without leaving the original page? I never knew that was an option until people started mentioning it here. Unless I'm miaunderstanding something.
GTH Town

GTH Scum
Long Con wrote:LOL, I had two "Second" points in that last post. :blush:
GTH Town
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Yes I am a serial snipper. I'd rather get accused of taking something out of context than post an octuple-quote pyramid. :P
GTH Serial Killer
Dyslexicon wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Town Cracker - Each night phase, this player may target another player. That player will nibble upon the town cracker, and it will make him/her extremely thirsty. This will make it difficult for them to speak, restricting them to no more than 5 posts in each following day phase until visited by the town water carrier. The town cracker may only visit five players in this manner safely. A sixth visit is permitted, but it will be the final bite and the cracker will be killed.
I like your brain.
GTH Recruited by the Serial Killer

Also, hi.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 14
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I think Ricochet is also signing up.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

You are mistaken, but if all those players draw those actual alignments, I get to ascend to MP Guessmagician tier, right?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Ricochet wrote:You are mistaken, but if all those players draw those actual alignments, I get to ascend to MP Guessmagician tier, right?
Sounds good to me.

Is this an allusion to that one game (I forget which one) where MP called out the entire mafia team on Day 1?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:You are mistaken, but if all those players draw those actual alignments, I get to ascend to MP Guessmagician tier, right?
Sounds good to me.

Is this an allusion to that one game (I forget which one) where MP called out the entire mafia team on Day 1?
Yes.

Without playing.

It was Guess Who.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I'll move myself to Yes if this doesn't fill up in the next 24 hours.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote:Is multi-quoting just being able to quote a bunch of posts at once without leaving the original page? I never knew that was an option until people started mentioning it here. Unless I'm miaunderstanding something.
Yeah. Some sites have a little button you can click in each post to just throw a pile of quotes into the reply box all at once. I never even used it when it was available because I was so used to doing it manually.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 11

Post by Golden »

Dyslexicon wrote:Especially considering this forum includes my favorite emoji of all times! :omg:
This guy gets it.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

It's as though it were Economics 2.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Golden wrote:

It's as though it were Economics 2.
As long as Jay doesn't somehow reach 700 posts in the first 3 days.

Everyone else is permitted. :nicenod:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

I LIED.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Sloonei wrote:I'll move myself to Yes if this doesn't fill up in the next 24 hours.
Says the man who is representing a currently non-existent community. :P

I realize that's not entirely true, but still painfully somewhat accurate. :(

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

a2thezebra wrote:I LIED.
:beer:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Ricochet wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Sounds good to me.

Yes.

Without playing.

It was Guess Who.
I wish I could do this while playing.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Sounds good to me.

Yes.

Without playing.

It was Guess Who.
Your problem is letting your skills get in the way of random chance :haha:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Golden wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Sounds good to me.

Yes.

Without playing.

It was Guess Who.
Your problem is letting your skills get in the way of random chance :haha:
No kidding. :P
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Just two more, one more with Sloonei. If we can fill this sucker up then I should be able to start it tomorrow. I'm back in the US eastern time zone, so I might even be able to offer an agreeable deadline. ;)

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Frog
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Frog »

/Sign

Frog here from Mafia Universe
Frog
Stool Pigeon

Post by Frog »

Hey Ika, Silverwolf, Zexy, Inawordyes!

Question for the mod - are we playing this true semi-open style for the C12? Or are you picking and announcing the vertical/horizontal setup before hand?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Frog wrote:/Sign

Frog here from Mafia Universe
Welcome to The Syndicate, Frog! We're glad to have you. :D

Now just Sloonei, right? Let's start this thing.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Frog wrote:Hey Ika, Silverwolf, Zexy, Inawordyes!

Question for the mod - are we playing this true semi-open style for the C12? Or are you picking and announcing the vertical/horizontal setup before hand?
Welcome Frog. :)

It is my understanding that the randomized selection is meant to remain unrevealed, and that is my intention. I'll select the setup before the game, but never openly state what it is -- players will be left to figure that out on their own if they so desire. Is this what you anticipate happening in the MU tournament?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Start dat game
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 6

Post by S~V~S »

I look forward to watching it! I thought about playing, but I am a poor role hinter/claimer. I would be zero challenge for you guys :)
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'll get it started as soon as I'm able, y'all. Just sorting out the technical business first. :)

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Frog
Stool Pigeon

Post by Frog »

Awesome! In the OP, can you tell us how to:
1) Vote
2) Check vote counts
3) Check post counts

Sorry, I'm a newbie here :-)

Would also appreciate a message with respect to start times.
Frog
Stool Pigeon

Post by Frog »

I'm assuming we're going with tournament rules and times?

e.g. weekends are 1 day

Days are 36/12?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Oh yay, it's filled up! \o/

Question: How do you resolve mafia communication and night actions on this site?
Zexy
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Zexy »

Marco/Sloonei/Dyslexicon, good luck in the Championship!

I’ve learned the news about your community, Sloonei, shame that happened… but it may be back up soon :) Else I’m sure you’ll find yourselves welcome here or anywhere else.

Dyslexicon, I think I remember you from somewhere… the only game I ever played in PerC is Day 1 Cancelled, maybe that one?

Hey Frog :)

Looks like we are set, good luck for this game everyone!
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Frog wrote:Awesome! In the OP, can you tell us how to:
1) Vote
2) Check vote counts
3) Check post counts

Sorry, I'm a newbie here :-)

Would also appreciate a message with respect to start times.
I can do all of the above. The game will start today, and probably rather soon, once I have everything ready to go.
Frog wrote:I'm assuming we're going with tournament rules and times?

e.g. weekends are 1 day

Days are 36/12?
Day phases will be 36 hours long, 60 on weekends. Night phases will always be 12 hours long. However, because we're starting today and not tomorrow, those lengthened weekend days might be a bit different from what will be seen on Mafia Universe. I believe those weekend phases end on Sunday Night, but ours will instead end on Saturday Night. That's just the way it has shaken out here. All the champions should heed that and be prepared to check the proper schedule when their official games get underway.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Hey guys, actually the start is probably going to have to wait until this evening at the earliest. I've just returned home to Ohio after 3.5 years overseas, and people are pulling at me in all directions to Do Things. :p

Someone in the family just showed up actually and I have to go now. I am sorry for the delay and I appreciate your patience. I'll adjust the deadline as necessary to accommodate whatever start time we end up with. We'll get started soon, I promise. :slick:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Zexy

Post by Zexy »

Understood. Hope you have fun with family.

This may be a good way to tune this game's schedule with MU. I understand that Syndicate does things differently, but for it to be a true scrimmage it might be a better idea to follow MU's day-night schedule in order to simulate the Championship enviroment as much as possible, and this delay can be yet another reason to attempt that.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Hey guys, actually the start is probably going to have to wait until this evening at the earliest. I've just returned home to Ohio after 3.5 years overseas, and people are pulling at me in all directions to Do Things. :p

Someone in the family just showed up actually and I have to go now. I am sorry for the delay and I appreciate your patience. I'll adjust the deadline as necessary to accommodate whatever start time we end up with. We'll get started soon, I promise. :slick:
What a jerk, this guy.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Zexy wrote:Marco/Sloonei/Dyslexicon, good luck in the Championship!

I’ve learned the news about your community, Sloonei, shame that happened… but it may be back up soon :) Else I’m sure you’ll find yourselves welcome here or anywhere else.

Dyslexicon, I think I remember you from somewhere… the only game I ever played in PerC is Day 1 Cancelled, maybe that one?

Hey Frog :)

Looks like we are set, good luck for this game everyone!
Thank you!

And no, I didn't play that one, cause I suspected the mechanics to be too crazy. :p
But I think I remember seeing your name around now that you mention it.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

This may be a good time to mention I have a crazy busy day tomorrow. I'm in GMT+2 and too lazy to brain how that fits into game start, but in any case I should have much more free time from tomorrow evening and onwards.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I'm not gonna be able to put in a max effort this game but I should be fine to do things enough to not be a low-poster.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Sloonei wrote:I'm not gonna be able to put in a max effort this game but I should be fine to do things enough to not be a low-poster.
Reminds me of that one time Jay said he was going to be a relative no-show in Talking Heads before going on to set the Syndicate post count record for a single game.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Zexy

Post by Zexy »

Dyslexicon wrote:Thank you!

And no, I didn't play that one, cause I suspected the mechanics to be too crazy. :p
But I think I remember seeing your name around now that you mention it.
You are welcome!

I see. I also did, but I like crazy mechanics from time to time :P
Same, this is why I asked.
Dyslexicon wrote:This may be a good time to mention I have a crazy busy day tomorrow. I'm in GMT+2 and too lazy to brain how that fits into game start, but in any case I should have much more free time from tomorrow evening and onwards.
Same timezone! Really nice. I'm from Greece.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Zexy wrote:Understood. Hope you have fun with family.

This may be a good way to tune this game's schedule with MU. I understand that Syndicate does things differently, but for it to be a true scrimmage it might be a better idea to follow MU's day-night schedule in order to simulate the Championship enviroment as much as possible, and this delay can be yet another reason to attempt that.
I'm okay with this if it works for the players. It'd mean starting the game tomorrow morning. How does everyone feel about that?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Woohoo, we're full!

As I mentioned earlier, and like Sloonei, this isn't an optimal time for me to be playing mafia since it's the last couple weeks of the semester, but given the addict I am I'm sure I won't be a low poster by any means.

I'm fine with starting tomorrow morning; actually, that timing is ideal for me.

Return to “Previous Sit Down Sign-Ups”