Hosting Thread [SIDE MISSIONS / SPEED GAMES]

Post by Tangrowth »

Welcome to the Side Missions / Speed Games Hosting Thread! :lorab:

What is a Side Mission?
Any mafia game that fits the following criteria:
- Maximum of 20 players
- Any number of non-vanilla roles
- Required day/night cycles are 24/24

This is the place to post requests for help, advice or even for a cohost. Most people who have hosted love hosting, and want to help new hosts have a fun experience hosting. :dance:

Submission Process:
A game submission must be posted in this forum. Ideally a prospective host will thereafter PM the Administrators when he or she is ready for the game to be placed in the submission queue. The speed game queue is first come, first serve, with the exception of a waiting period of duplicate hosts.

We look forward to your submissions, and hope all will read up on the games, comment, make suggestions and help our community grow and thrive!

Note: Recently we have changed the way this queue works.
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Hosting Thread [SIDE MISSIONS / SPEED GAMES]

Post by G-Man »

Go ahead and remove Chicka Chicka 1, 2, 3 from the wait list. If these games are going to be mandatory 24/24, I'll have to add a few players and run it as a full size game. The scope of the game and some mechanics involved will require a 48-hour day phase or I'll go insane. I'll keep Outpost 31 as my first game to enter the queue.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Spoiler: show
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 5
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

G-Man wrote:Go ahead and remove Chicka Chicka 1, 2, 3 from the wait list. If these games are going to be mandatory 24/24, I'll have to add a few players and run it as a full size game. The scope of the game and some mechanics involved will require a 48-hour day phase or I'll go insane. I'll keep Outpost 31 as my first game to enter the queue.
Cool, thanks for the update. Done! :beer:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

And that was pretty quick, G-Man. :P I didn't get to even announce that this shiny new hosting thread is open!

For any other duplicate hosts that want to remove or alter their games, just let us know here or via PM to the Administrators group.
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by insertnamehere »

Hiya.

I posted a thread about my game, Wild At Heart Mafia, (http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... f=7&t=1357) June 21st, 2017. I sent a PM to [mention]S~V~S[/mention] and [mention]JaggedJimmyJay[/mention] about submitting it into the Speed Game queue the same day.

Unfortunately, it seems to have fallen through the cracks.

Now, looking at the queue, it seems that the highest-ranked game posted after June 21st, 2017 is Better Off Ted Mafia, which was posted December 21st, 2017.

I propose that Wild At Heart Mafia be placed above Better Off Ted Mafia in the queue, and below Sloonei's Community Mafia.

Thanks.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 7
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

[mention]insertnamehere[/mention], Spacedaisy and MovingPictures07 have volunteered their Better off Ted spot to you. It does appear your game slipped through the cracks somewhere, so I apologize for that.

It is important to note though that submission dates are not always indicative of how the ordering should be devised. Hosts with multiple submissions often switch out older submissions for newer ones when their turns come up, and that leaves older submissions in the backup queue longer than one might expect at face value.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:33 pm insertnamehere, Spacedaisy and MovingPictures07 have volunteered their Better off Ted spot to you. It does appear your game slipped through the cracks somewhere, so I apologize for that.

It is important to note though that submission dates are not always indicative of how the ordering should be devised. Hosts with multiple submissions often switch out older submissions for newer ones when their turns come up, and that leaves older submissions in the backup queue longer than one might expect at face value.
:beer:

I understand that, and, by any means, I didn't mean to dislodge Better Off Ted Mafia, as I was quite looking forward to playing it. It's a kinda awkward situation that I wasn't really sure how to resolve. I hope everyone realizes where I was coming from with my request.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 3

Post by dunya »

They can take my spot, Jay. I'm not doing GG any time soon.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Hey guys, please don't worry about MP and daisy losing their spot. They were quite happy to give it up because they are busy trying to move states etc, and it makes life a lot easier than trying to do a traceable forensic analysis of exactly where inh's game would correctly fit in the queue given the rules about hosts swapping games.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Golden wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:21 am Hey guys, please don't worry about MP and daisy losing their spot. They were quite happy to give it up because they are busy trying to move states etc, and it makes life a lot easier than trying to do a traceable forensic analysis of exactly where inh's game would correctly fit in the queue given the rules about hosts swapping games.
it's ok, I really did have a change of heart towards hosting a Gossip Girl game on here when only 1 other person is familiar with it and he'd be my co-host :p I prefer an audience who can appreciate the inside jokes and mechanics of a theme. :biggrin: so if DDL is ok with it, they can take my spot and you can remove me from the queue for now.

I might want to host Lion King as a Heist or Side Mission, I haven't decided yet. When I do, I'll ask for a spot in the queue. :nicenod:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:33 pm @ insertnamehere, Spacedaisy and MovingPictures07 have volunteered their Better off Ted spot to you. It does appear your game slipped through the cracks somewhere, so I apologize for that.

It's probably my fault; I was in the middle of transitioning out at that point, and you probably thought I was handling it when in reality I was flaking out in a corner, lol.

Sorry about that, INH :hugs:
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Seriously, it's really no problem at all, INH. It just happened to work out as the easiest available solution. I can't even co-host anything until well after I get settled into the new job, so almost certainly we would have eventually pushed the game back anyway.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention! :beer:
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

dunya wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:40 am
Golden wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:21 am Hey guys, please don't worry about MP and daisy losing their spot. They were quite happy to give it up because they are busy trying to move states etc, and it makes life a lot easier than trying to do a traceable forensic analysis of exactly where inh's game would correctly fit in the queue given the rules about hosts swapping games.
it's ok, I really did have a change of heart towards hosting a Gossip Girl game on here when only 1 other person is familiar with it and he'd be my co-host :p I prefer an audience who can appreciate the inside jokes and mechanics of a theme. :biggrin: so if DDL is ok with it, they can take my spot and you can remove me from the queue for now.

I might want to host Lion King as a Heist or Side Mission, I haven't decided yet. When I do, I'll ask for a spot in the queue. :nicenod:
Don't mind either way.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

dunya wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:40 am

Can I suggest that you leave GG in the queue, and once you work up whatever game you want to host instead you can swap it into where GG is in the queue and move GG to the hold list?

INH, no stress man, I'm going to be hosting Firefly, The Game shortly and we are in the midst of planning a cross country move, so Better Off Ted can wait. We figured that way no one gets another game added in front of them, especially one that might have been submitted later than theirs due to the fact hosts can swap what game they have in a queue spot for Side Missions which is actually what happened with Better Off Ted, it used to be Alex's Rick and Morty game I think...
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Spacedaisy wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:40 pm Can I suggest that you leave GG in the queue, and once you work up whatever game you want to host instead you can swap it into where GG is in the queue and move GG to the hold list?
Sound suggestion. I'll take it. :beer:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Would the mod in charge of this subforum make FTL my next Side Mission?

Thank you.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 9:15 pm Would the mod in charge of this subforum make FTL my next Side Mission?

Thank you.
Yup, gimme a few to get home
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Jeez I can't believe how long it will be until the MTG game I designed appears. It's been like a year since I created it I think haha.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 8:50 pm Jeez I can't believe how long it will be until the MTG game I designed appears. It's been like a year since I created it I think haha.
May not be as long as it appears. Look where Fallout is here, and it’s in sign-ups.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

MacDougall wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 8:50 pm Jeez I can't believe how long it will be until the MTG game I designed appears. It's been like a year since I created it I think haha.
The trick is to design games for the short lines. 😏
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Heard there was a call for hosts. I'd like to drop in Warrior Cats. Is that queue updated?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Dragomir wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:12 am Heard there was a call for hosts. I'd like to drop in Warrior Cats. Is that queue updated?
Queue's updated, we can add you. Thanks!
Would you be able to throw a thread together with whatever setup information you can share?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:16 am
Dragomir wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:12 am Heard there was a call for hosts. I'd like to drop in Warrior Cats. Is that queue updated?
Would you be able to throw a thread together with whatever setup information you can share?
Do you mean right now?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Dragomir wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:47 am
Sloonei wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:16 am
Do you mean right now?
Yeah just make a thread in this forum.

If it's closed setup then you can just post the basic info (number of players etc) and maybe a fancy image or whatever you got.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

What he said
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

Jay mentioned something about we were low of submissions but it looks like we’ve got 5 ready right there :ponder:

I can cook something up once a couple of games go through
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

sprityo wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:08 am Jay mentioned something about we were low of submissions but it looks like we’ve got 5 ready right there :ponder:

They’ll be gone in a blink. Plus Epi and I have a monopoly on the duplicate host rotation.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

sprityo wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:08 am Jay mentioned something about we were low of submissions but it looks like we’ve got 5 ready right there :ponder:

Check out the heist queue :nicenod:
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

I've been talking with sloonei about running a game but I have never actually submitted a game before. I guess I don't exactly know how to go about doing that. I have an idea of what I want to do and basically how I want to do it.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

sabie12 wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:05 pm I've been talking with sloonei about running a game but I have never actually submitted a game before. I guess I don't exactly know how to go about doing that. I have an idea of what I want to do and basically how I want to do it.
All you'll need to do is create a thread with basic information about your game (at least what the theme is) in the forum associated with that game type. Sloonei suggested you were considering a Heist -- if so, ensure you post it in the Heist submissions forum. Lemme know if you have questions. :nicenod:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

AL_sama
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his/himself

Post by AL_sama »

so I've a question do I need to play here before signing up for hosting??

sorry I m not sure whether this is the right place to ask this or not
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

AL_sama wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:37 pm so I've a question do I need to play here before signing up for hosting??

Perfectly valid place to ask! We generally don't object to someone submitting a game to host before playing. A few things to be conscious of however:

~ The queue may take at least a little time before your game is up, so it'd be a good opportunity to get in on another game in the meantime. :nicenod:
~ The potential for players to sign up is often influenced by their knowledge of the host, which could be a bit of a hindrance to someone brand new (not an absolute killer, just something that slows the process).

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

AL_sama
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his/himself

Post by AL_sama »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:56 pm
AL_sama wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:37 pm so I've a question do I need to play here before signing up for hosting??

Perfectly valid place to ask! We generally don't object to someone submitting a game to host before playing. A few things to be conscious of however:

~ The queue may take at least a little time before your game is up, so it'd be a good opportunity to get in on another game in the meantime. :nicenod:
~ The potential for players to sign up is often influenced by their knowledge of the host, which could be a bit of a hindrance to someone brand new (not an absolute killer, just something that slows the process).
thanks for the help and yeah it can be an issue I guess I should play a few games first
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

AL_sama wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:14 pm thanks for the help and yeah it can be an issue I guess I should play a few games first
We'd love to have you in any of these games (other than the Game of Champions, which is full and based on 2019 play). :biggrin:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Return to “Mafia Game Submission Archive”