Saga [FULL]

Moderator: Community Team

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 5
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Saga [FULL]

Post by nutella »

If you haven't read Saga you absolutely should. It's amazing. Probably in my top 5 all-time favorite pieces of media. It's an ongoing comic series by Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples and it's beautiful and epic and awesome in every way. I love it. You'll love it. Go read it. (This post will have some spoilers in it though... :ninja: )

The Family And Their Allies (12)
Need to eliminate: The Robot Kingdom Team, The Will, The Brand, The Stalk, Dengo

Alana - A Landfallian soldier who defected when she fell in love with Marko, a prisoner of war. She helped him escape, and they got married and have been on the run ever since. Their forbidden love puts them in great danger as they and their "hybrid" child Hazel have become targets for several governments and bounty hunters.
Alana searches every night for Marko; if found they gain BTSC.

Marko - A conscientious objector from Wreath, the moon that is at war with Landfall, Marko is Hazel's pacifist father.
Marko searches every night for Alana; if found they gain BTSC.

Hazel - Hazel, born in the first chapter of the series, is central to the story as she is born with both Landfallian wings and Wreather horns. But she's really just a sweet innocent child with loving parents. Can she find a safe place to grow up?
Hazel will survive the first attempt on her life (either lynch or nightkill).

Izabel - The ghost of a teenage girl (well, the upper half of a teenage girl) and sometime babysitter for Hazel.
Izabel will babysit one player each night, protecting them from harm.

Klara - Marko's mother, who is much more pro-war than her husband or son, and is somewhat resistant to accepting her winged daughter-in-law, but she comes around and sticks with the family through some rough times.
Klara's vote is worth 2. If Barr or Heist is nightkilled, she will become enraged and learn the identity of the killer. If Barr or Heist is lynched, she will choose one of the voters and learn their role.

Barr - Marko's father, who is much quicker to accept Alana, is a skilled armorer/weaver who creates protective garments for the family.
Barr has 3 bulletproof vests that he can gift throughout the game (can only gift one per night and one per player, cannot use one on himself; a player with a vest in their possession must choose which night to use it).

D. Oswald Heist - A reclusive novelist, author of Alana's favorite anti-war romance novel, who resides in a lighthouse on the planet Quietus and grants asylum to the family there for a short time.
Heist writes a message to be published in the thread each dawn.

Ghüs - A small seal-like fellow who herds large walrus-like creatures on Quietus and can track the location of any member of his beloved herd.
Ghüs finds out which player(s) targeted a player of his choosing each night.

Friendo - A member of Ghüs's herd who becomes a beloved pet to Hazel.
Friendo will use the power of being pretty big to roleblock one player each night.

Yuma - An artist who just loooves drugs and getting high and giving other people drugs and getting other people high.
Yuma will slip a dose of Fadeaway to one player each night, causing them to be insanified for the next day.

Noreen - Hazel's first teacher, who learns Hazel's secret and tries to help her escape.
Noreen chooses two targets each night. On odd nights, she will send one player knowledge of another player's alignment. On even nights, she will cause any abilities targeting one player to target another player instead.

Ginny - A dance instructor who begins to fall for Marko while the family is living on Gardenia.
Ginny entertains a player each night, causing their vote the next day to be worth zero.

Freelancers (7)
Need to eliminate: The Robot Kingdom Team, Alana, Marko, Hazel

The Will - A bounty hunter who has been hired to track down and kill Alana and Marko for their betrayal, The Will is actually a pretty morally complex guy.
The Will has BTSC with his Sidekick, Lying Cat. If The Brand or The Stalk is nightkilled, he will be able to kill the next night. If The Brand or The Stalk is lynched, he will choose one of the voters to add three votes onto the next day.

Lying Cat - The Will's companion creature, she is a very large hairless cat who can detect lies.
Lying Cat lie-detects one statement from the thread each night. She has BTSC with The Will.

The Brand - The Will's sister, whose real name is Sophie, is another Freelancer who uses the poison Embargon, which kills someone if they divulge certain information.
The Brand has BTSC with her Sidekick, Sweet Boy. Each night she forces one player to vote for a specific other player; if the player indicates that their vote has been forced, she kills them instantly.

Sweet Boy - The Brand's companion creature, he is a large dog who can shoot tranquilizer darts out of his nose.
Sweet Boy tranquilizes one player each night, silencing them for the next day. He has BTSC with The Brand.

The Stalk - A spider-like bounty hunter and The Will's former lover.
The Stalk may [*SECRETS*]

Gwendolyn - Marko's former fiancée, now an ally of The Will.
Gwendolyn may nightkill twice in the game, not on consecutive nights.

Sophie - A young girl who The Will rescued from sex slavery and named after his sister. Sophie is now Gwendolyn's page, and she possesses a magical ability to "hear" objects which aids in tracking.
Sophie targets one player each night and finds out whether or not they have BTSC with anyone.

Robot Kingdom (4)
Have BTSC. Need to outnumber the Family/Allies team and eliminate The Will and Dengo

Prince Robot IV - A veteran of war from the royal family who has been assigned to capture Alana and Marko due to the Robot Kingdom's unusual alliance with Landfall. His mission gets sidetracked when his wife is killed and his newborn son is kidnapped, shifting his motives to revenge. Also, not only does he have a television for a head, but his arm is a deadly cannon.
Prince Robot IV kills every night, and blocks the target's ability from going through. The kill passes on to remaining team members if he dies, but the block does not.

King Robot - Prince Robot IV's father, the ruler of the Robot Kingdom. His head is a huge screen that can display anything.
King Robot will appear as the role of the team's first nightkill victim, both to any alignment/role checks and if lynched. If he is lynched or checked before the team has killed anyone, he will appear as a random member of the Family/Allies.

Special Agent Gale - The Landfallian intelligence agent who serves as Prince Robot IV's point of contact for the mission.
Special Agent Gale can learn the role of one player each night.

Squire - Prince Robot IV's son, who was kidnapped by Dengo as an infant but later ended up being raised happily on Quietus.
Squire targets one player each night with an extra vote (that player will have a secret +1 vote against them the next day).

Upsher and Doff (2)
Have BTSC. Must survive to the end, eliminate The Brand, and locate either Alana, Marko, or Hazel

Upsher - A journalist who is pursuing Alana and Marko to get the scoop, but is prevented from even mentioning the topic by The Brand's use of Embargon. Upsher and his partner Doff come from a homophobic planet and know a thing or two about forbidden love.
Upsher searches one player each night, hoping to discover Alana, Marko, or Hazel. [*SECRETS*]

Doff - Upsher's partner, both as a photographer and in bed.
Doff develops a photograph of one player each night. [*SECRETS*]

Dengo (1)
Must survive to the end, eliminate Prince Robot IV, and [*SECRETS*]

Dengo - A low-class citizen of the Robot Kingdom who lost his young son to a fatal disease, Dengo swears vengeance against the royal family for not taking care of their own people. He kills the Princess and kidnaps the newborn baby.
Dengo [*SECRETS*]

-----
There may also be a night-poll-based travel mechanic featuring the various planets from the story.
Last edited by nutella on Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Re: Saga [FULL]

Post by nutella »

ok I slept on this and thought of a couple tweaks I could make for balance, then I think I'm just gonna go ahead and submit it cause why not :workit:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 6
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Holy shit those designs
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I mean the villain is literally a giant TV.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Seriously you haaaave to check it out it's so amazing (btw I have also been meaning to read girl genius for a while and haven't gotten around to it but your game looks really cool!)
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Cool setup.

If you want feedback, I think Klara is a little too strong. She basically gets a free info on mafia or another opposing faction, and can do it twice. Might reduce the frequency she can do that or award her a normal investigation instead, or something like that.

Just my two cents, maybe you are seeing something Im not (with all those hidden roles)
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Huh, if anything I thought the other two teams were too powerful. hmm
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Not sure, maybe they are. I just looked at individual roles.

Maybe it's fine is she is OP if she needs to be able to counter the other teams.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Actually individual factions look quite balanced to me. One has numbers, the other has powers, and the other has kills/BTSC.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Epignosis »

I don't know this theme. I want to get to know this theme.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Thanks Jay for moving this over here. I'm making a couple minor tweaks and then submitting it :D
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

nutella wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:13 pm Thanks Jay for moving this over here. I'm making a couple minor tweaks and then submitting it :D
No problem and got it. :beer:
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

This game looks awesome. :)
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

So I've read all the comics. It's pretty good.

Though sometimes the plot is kind of forced, like the unverse needs to find creative ways to screw up with the protagonists in order to keep it moving.

But the content so far has been great. I like how every major character is morally ambiguous.

Return to “Mafia Game Submission Archive”