Mafia: A World Asunder [FULL GAME]

Moderator: Community Team

Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 19
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Mafia: A World Asunder [FULL GAME]

Post by Long Con »

The third game in a Mafia series that spans my Mafia career, Mafia: A World Asunder will be a carefully crafted and rich gaming experience. The roles and storyline are mostly my own creations, and I treat this series as a vast sandbox that can house any idea I wish, beyond individual themes and worlds.

This is a map game with a Civilian faction, two opposing baddie teams, and several Independent roles. Players who occupy the same square on the map will get temporary BTSC, and regular kills have a range of two squares.

Each role will have a unique identity and power set. Alignments will not be publicly known at the outset, but secrets and information will be discovered and shared throughout the game.

The Role List isn't yet complete, but here's a few that you may see:

Portalman - Each night, he creates a Portal from his current square to another square. He may travel through this Portal during his movement if he wishes. The Portal lasts through the following phase.

Kraken - Movement rate of 6 in the water, and 1 on land. Can still move 1 land square after 4 water squares.

Daisy - Can give out different flowers to players she meets. Some flowers are protective, some offer guidance, some can heal. The recipient of any flower will have -1 applied to their next vote for Daisy, and their next action against her has a 50% chance of failing. *secrets*

Dark Worshipper - Can sacrifice another player three times in the game. Each kill will grant him extra, permanent powers. The role that he kills determines what the gained powers are.

Spirit Wrangler
- Spirits roam the map, invisible to most. The Spirit Wrangler summons spirits in the area to do her bidding.
  • Warding Spirit - Reduces the value of votes cast against the Spirit Wrangler by half.
  • Message Spirit - Can send a short message to another player.
  • Scout Spirit - See limited info about squares within your range before moving
  • Truth Spirit - Lie-detect one post. Rare.
Lycantha - Can tell who was in the square she’s in, when they were there, and what direction they went in. May discover other information. Keen sense of smell lets her detect who is in adjacent squares. Movement rate of 4.

Trickster - Has an aura of three squares, within which any info that is given or received will be corrupted in the Trickster’s favour. When the Trickster kills, that kill can be forged.

Quantum Key
- Each night, the Quantum Key will choose a game secret to broadcast to the various terminals she has installed, in Otherdimensional code. The Quantum Key will know the uncoded secret. The Quantum Key knows the locations of the terminals on the map, and can open portals between them.

Savage Pixie
- Can see who is within a one-square radius, and can kill someone within that radius once in the game. Undetectable from an outside square, and can only be seen on her square if she chooses. Once in the game, she can inspect a dead body and find out who targeted them on their last night alive.

Psionic Ninja - Can lie-detect one post per phase, but must send in the PM within a half hour of the post being made. Can survive one nightkill. Movement rate of 4.

Blind Seer - Knows who is within a two-square range at all times. Each night, the Blind Seer can choose a player and know who is within two squares of that player.

Sakana Sashimi - Can move through water and land squares, and can swim beneath the water. Movement rate of 5 in the water.

Thaddeus Mechaspark
- inventor, son of Gladius. Can create and use/keep one invention per night, give it to somebody, or leave it behind.
  • Subaqueous Apparatus - allows breathing and a movement rate of 5 underwater.
  • Icarus Contraption - can fly, range of 3.
  • Sonic Pulserator - instantly propels all players within a range of 2 away from Thaddeus.
Hollow Man - All targeting will fail when targeting Hollow Man. Hollow Man will appear as a random Civilian role if lynched

Frost Knight
- Brings winter down on three squares per night, roleblocking anyone in those squares. Frost Knight may travel across water as if it were land, freezing it under his feet as he goes.

Grimlock Wolverson - Famous trapper, traps people, they must give up their role and vote for freedom.

Spirit of the Living Statue
- Wanders the the realm, incorporeal. Cannot pick up Items, but has an instant knowledge of any Items it encounters. *secrets*

Random Animal
- Randomly becomes a copy of another role each phase, and assumes that role’s Win Condition at the time.

Glint Viper - Glint Viper can sacrifice their life to resurrect the player of their choice. *secrets*

Chevuschade Voidwing - Flight, range of 5. Cannot be nightkilled conventionally, but certain magics can kill the dragon.

Dream Splicer - Two holographic decoys follow the Dream Splicer around, forcing map-based targeting to be difficult. The decoys are always in separate squares, and the three squares must always be adjacent. The decoys may participate in square-based BTSC. Starts each lynch with -1 vote.

Any role is subject to change.

Here's the map as it currently stands:

A cataclysmic event occurred at the end of the last game, and split the realm down the middle.

Anyway, I always do my best to make the game interesting and fun, and there's a lot of cool new ideas I'm excited to try out!
Last edited by Long Con on Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 10

Re: Mafia: A World Asunder [FULL GAME]

Post by DharmaHelper »

our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 3
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 8
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

SQUEEEEEEE!
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 1
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Got my win face on. :noble:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Illyria
The Mark

Post by Illyria »

I am looking at this and my first thought is "How in the WORLD are you going to keep us all straight on the map?" and my second thought is "I didnt really understand those roles" followed shortly by "but really, I never do so... meh".

I will consider.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 5

Post by MacDougall »

In
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Someone tell me when this is going into sign ups, it is most def on my list.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

What's a cool name for a Treasure Hunter? Come up with the winning name, and you get to help design the role!

Currently, I plan to have an Item List from the get-go in the thread, and this role can choose one item per night and find out where it is. Plus some other power. TBD
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Long Con wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:10 am What's a cool name for a Treasure Hunter? Come up with the winning name, and you get to help design the role!

Currently, I plan to have an Item List from the get-go in the thread, and this role can choose one item per night and find out where it is. Plus some other power. TBD
greedy bastard
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Epignosis »

Long Con wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:10 am What's a cool name for a Treasure Hunter?
Man Whose Wife Has Holey Pajamas
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

currently tied for last place
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

The Merchant (or, for something more LC, add an adjective - the ethical merchant, perhaps, if you want something that is entirely euphemism)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Good to see the return of the psionic ninja.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Golden wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:08 am The Merchant (or, for something more LC, add an adjective - the ethical merchant, perhaps, if you want something that is entirely euphemism)
The Ironic Merchant
The Merchant of Dignity
The Golden Merchant?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Golden wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:09 am Good to see the return of the psionic ninja.
#1 mainstay. Yin and Yang are back too.... just made them up:

Yin - BTSC with Yang. At any point, may bring Yang to his square. Yin can take votes from Yang onto himself.

Yang - BTSC with Yin. At any point, may bring Yin to his square. Yang can take votes from Yin onto himself.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Long Con wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:10 am
Golden wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:08 am The Merchant (or, for something more LC, add an adjective - the ethical merchant, perhaps, if you want something that is entirely euphemism)
The Ironic Merchant
The Merchant of Dignity
The Golden Merchant?
Ha, the merchant of gold.

The first-hand merchant
The active merchant

The ironic merchant is fun.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Golden wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:08 am The Merchant (or, for something more LC, add an adjective...)
I do love my adjectives. Makes a role seem special when you get the right adjective!
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Long Con wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:14 am
Golden wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:08 am The Merchant (or, for something more LC, add an adjective...)
I do love my adjectives. Makes a role seem special when you get the right adjective!
Adverbs, on the other hand... :disappoint:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Epignosis wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:14 am
:haha:
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

The diligent merchant
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Epignosis wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:14 am

They're the devil!
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Long Con wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:10 am What's a cool name for a Treasure Hunter? Come up with the winning name, and you get to help design the role!

dark leprechaun :slick:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

(The) Bargain.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

nutella wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:02 am

dark leprechaun :slick:
The Dark Leprechaun's Shillelagh is one of the items up for grabs somewhere on the map. It makes you automatically win coin toss situations, and 50% chance to avoid nightkills... but at a terrible cost...
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:13 am

(The) Bargain.
Merchant, Bargain... I think I should clarify my vision more. This guy is an Indiana Jones style adventurer. Hmm.... maybe I should just make it Indiana Jones. Would you be happy being an Indiana Jones role?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Long Con wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:33 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:13 am

(The) Bargain.
Merchant, Bargain... I think I should clarify my vision more. This guy is an Indiana Jones style adventurer. Hmm.... maybe I should just make it Indiana Jones. Would you be happy being an Indiana Jones role?
You misunderstood. They're named "The Bargain" because in exchange for great power granted to them by a patron, they have been cursed with incurable, insatiable greed and doomed to wander the Realm searching for artifacts of immense value and power.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Oh! Like this:

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I don't know what that is, but if it's similar to what I just came up with off the top of my head then I'm either a genius or trapped in a simulation.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

"The premonitions don’t lie. Jackson Connolly knows the hellhounds are coming for him.

Twenty years ago Jackson signed his soul away to pay his mother’s gambling debt. Now his bill is coming due on New Year’s Eve.

Peddling potions and mojos as a traveling salesman most of his life, Jackson understands a thing or two about magic. But salvation always eludes him. Louisiana is his last hope."

:haha:
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:47 pm I don't know what that is, but if it's similar to what I just came up with off the top of my head then I'm either a genius or trapped in a simulation.
After some research, I suppose this is similar to what I had in mind.

The Bargain hunts for the artifacts to feed his greed and to repay his patron, but his patron is never satisfied and the insatiable greed brought on by his curse makes the Treasure Hunting as necessary for him as it is for his patron. Perhaps the last remaining threads of his humanity is searching for an artifact that will allow him to break free from the deal. Anyway. That's what I've got.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Long Con do you want the name to be obviously a treasure hunter or do you want people to wonder who it is?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

No, this is going to be a public role, I was just doing some game creation work and I didn't like any of the treasure hunter names I thought of.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Treasure Boy
Treasure Hunter Boy
Hunter of Treasure
Treasure McTreasureFace
Hunts Treasure

ImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

It would be kind of appropriate if you just made it Indiana Jones, since the previous installments of this series belong in a museum.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

The Seeker (unintentionally a one-letter-off nod to the seemer...)
X-Marksman
Booty-Huntin' Pirate
Gold Digger
Loot Sniffer
Greedy Bastard
Hoardhound
The One Who Knocks
Search Warrant
Material Girl
Bitch Better Have My Money
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Golden wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:53 pm It would be kind of appropriate if you just made it Indiana Jones, since the previous installments of this series belong in a museum.
ture
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Tranq »

The Collector :noble:
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

The Treasurerer

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Finders Keepers (like a first name-last name - off the wall I know)

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Fred C. Dobbs (from The Treasure of the Sierra Madre though I don't know that people would get the reference)

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Long John Silver from Treasure Island

I need to stop this obsessive hunting for a name.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:52 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:47 pm I don't know what that is, but if it's similar to what I just came up with off the top of my head then I'm either a genius or trapped in a simulation.
After some research, I suppose this is similar to what I had in mind.

The Bargain hunts for the artifacts to feed his greed and to repay his patron, but his patron is never satisfied and the insatiable greed brought on by his curse makes the Treasure Hunting as necessary for him as it is for his patron. Perhaps the last remaining threads of his humanity is searching for an artifact that will allow him to break free from the deal. Anyway. That's what I've got.
Ok, it's going to be two roles now. Indiana Jones, and an evil Treasure Hunter, who are competing to complete a Treasure-based Win Condition.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Ok, Indiana Jones is out, and Darth Malignus is in.

Darth Malignus - Can publicly silence someone at any point during the day, for the rest of the lynch. That person may not post or vote, but a cast vote will stand if made before the silencing. Darth Malignus can use the Force to feel who is within a four-square radius, and where they are. Each night, his chance increases by 10% to feel someone targeting him, and if he succeeds, he can use the Force to roleblock them.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

RIP Treasure Boy

ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

DharmaHelper wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:21 pm RIP Treasure Boy
I looked at the Indiana Jones role, and it was like "he knows the location of the most important Item, and two other Items" or something like that. I looked it over and was like "WTF does that even mean? What is this Important Item?" I had no idea. But I think Darth Malignus is a role anyone would be happy to get.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 5

Post by MacDougall »

This had better win
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:24 am This had better win
My cat agrees

Return to “Mafia Game Submission Archive”