American Gods [FULL GAME]

Post by S~V~S »

January 24~ Baddie roles going up this weekend :D
Beware~ here there be spoilers. This book was published in 2001 :shrug:
American Gods: A Mafia
Hosted By SVS & Juliets
Role List:

Civvies:
Shadow A man of mystery and loyalty, he sees much and says little. He has a range of powers at his disposal, and must use all of them at least once before he can use any a second time. *secrets*

Laura *secret*

Sam Black Crow Believes that things are true and believes things that aren’t true and believes things where nobody knows if they’re true or not. She can make people believe things. Each night, she sends a set of explicit instructions to the host about what her targets believe and what their topics of discussion in the thread are to be the next day.

Mad Sweeney He is a Leprechaun, he has something Laura needs, and has to find a way to get it to her *secret*

Mr Nancy Mr Nancy is a trickster and a storyteller. Every night, he tells someone a story. They are so enthralled by that story that they must act it out in the thread the next day *secret*

EostreEostre brings the world back to life in the Spring~ Shadow cannot be lynched while she is alive. She can bring any NKed player back from the dead once in the game, and will survive the first NK attempt on herself~ she cannot self rezz. *secret*

Mama Ji Mama Ji is an avatar of Kali~ each night she reaches out and blocks an action. She herself cannot be blocked.

Whiskey Jack Wisakedjak is wise, and can help you got where you want to go. Each night the host tells him things~ he may then choose to tell the thread, or to send a message.

Mr Ibis An American avatar of Thoth, Mr Ibis is a god of death, but also of balance. Each day, he removes someone from the poll. If he removes a civvie, the worth of his vote increases by one. If a baddie (or Hinzelmann), it decreases by one, and an Indy has no effect. He does not know the results, but may ask the hosts his vote count once in the game. He may not remove himself on Night One.

Mr Jacquel As Anubis, Mr Jacquel is the judge of the dead. Every night he chooses a player who will receive a PM from the hosts naming the roles of that nights dead. If the player he chooses is one of that nights NKs, he will receive the roles himself. Otherwise, he may not self target.

Bast Bast protects from evil spirits, and brings peace to a restless soul. Every night, she chooses someone to protect. She has one automatic night protection, otherwise she may only protect herself once. For each civvie death she prevents, the worth of her vote will increase by one. If she saves three civs, she will gain another night protection. She will not know her results.

Horus Horus flies through the night skies watching. Each night he targets a player, and learns who targeted that player.

Apple Johnny Johnny passes out the fruits of his labor daily.

Bilquis Bilquis was the Queen of Sheba in another life, a woman of widom, power and sensuality, but that combo is something that does not do well in America, and she has been reduced to walking the streets. She is bitter, and shows it if lynched. She takes the last person to vote for her with her.

Zorya Utrennyaya
Zorya Vechernyaya
Zorya Polunochnaya
Are the Morning, Evening & Midnight Stars. They have BTSC, and between them they have a lynch save and a lynch switch, neither of which they can use for themselves*secret*

Indies

Wednesday

Low Key Lie-Smith

Baddies

New Gods:

Communication
Technical Boy
Media

The Spookshow:

Mr Town
Mr Stone
Mr Wood

SK:

Hinzelmann He loved his adopted American Home of Lakeside, WI. He loved it so much, he made a secret deal with it; nothing bad or harmful would ever come to Lakeside as long as Lakeside never really looked into the one young person who mysteriously disappeared each year with the arrival of Spring. Hinzlemann has the opportunity to kill every night, or to self protect, but he cannot do both on one night, and he cannot self protect two nights in a row. He CAN kill two nights in a row.

Mechanics:
Win with your team, dead or alive (except SK, lol)
Civs~ defeat Mafia & SK
Shadow, Laura, Wednesday have special conditions
Low Key: Secret
Mafia: Defeat civs, SK

Pre Game check in players to submit their own roles picture
Non Death Night Powers go in Night Zero Along With Pregame poll
Secrets to be revealed unannounced based on predetermined secret events, deaths, etc. SECRETS CAN BE REVEALEd ANYTIME AFTER DAY ZERO, so play your role as if it is already known if it has a secret
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 2
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Re: American Gods [FULL GAME]

Post by bea »

awesome! I love Neil. Love him so very much! I love you too. And JC. This is a win-win-win game for me. :D
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 4

Post by S~V~S »

I finish it this weekend :)
bea
Racketeer
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

can't wait for it tbh. and you know how burned out i am on playing - and how much more I love hosting - and yet - you still know me so well - to know I would want to play THIS game. :D this is why you are awesomely my sweet svs. :)
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Boomslang »

Oh man, now this I would play.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Is this game based on something? A book?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Yes, a book. By Neil Gaiman
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

S~V~S wrote:Yes, a book. By Neil Gaiman
Haven't read it yet. Will this game spoil it for me you think?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Snow Dog wrote:
S~V~S wrote:Yes, a book. By Neil Gaiman
Haven't read it yet. Will this game spoil it for me you think?
Maybe. At least one role is a spoiler in and of itself, and a few others are 75% spoiler just by existing. Otherwise, no. The story line is so specific, that there is no way we can follow it in a game dictated by free will, lol. But if you start reading NOW, and I am thinking you are a voracious reader, you may finish before the game starts :fiesta:

Best of both worlds :dance:
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Lunatella »

All of my books fall apart under the ocean :\
Lunalee
nutella
Ben Linus