Most Recently Played Video Game

Enter Apollo Square and interact with other video gamers.

Moderator: Community Team

User avatar
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts: 2885
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:46 pm
Location: Finalnd
Contact:

Isolate Posts by Vompatti

Re: Most Recently Played Video Game

#351

Post by Vompatti » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:22 pm

In this moment I'm playing Hand of Fate. (This one, not the other one.)
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image

User avatar
Ricochet
call for help
Posts: 10601
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:12 pm
Gender: Fluid
Location: :-) ALL

Isolate Posts by Ricochet

Re: Most Recently Played Video Game

#352

Post by Ricochet » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:43 pm

a2thezebra wrote:Do any of you play http://slither.io? It's a simultaneously soothing and intense online game with themes of crony capitalism and the power of causality over the individual will. My high score is 26,861. Beat it if you can. Here's proof:

Image
Wasted a weekend back when you posted this, but dropped it since. Pretty much got worse the more I tried. :p

On second or third attempt, I managed my best by getting into the top 10 with 8800-ish (see below). I think I then reached 10k and #8 spot, but died and forgot to prntscr in. Oh well.
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (935.67 KiB) Viewed 547 times
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

User avatar
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts: 2885
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:46 pm
Location: Finalnd
Contact:

Isolate Posts by Vompatti

Re: Most Recently Played Video Game

#353

Post by Vompatti » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:22 pm

In this moment I'm playing Dragon Age k
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image

User avatar
timmer
Loan Shark
Posts: 2436
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:25 pm

Isolate Posts by timmer

Re: Most Recently Played Video Game

#354

Post by timmer » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:26 pm

I suck at slitherio, but I blame my crappy mountain wifi. :)

Has anyone played Civ 6? Any cool changes from 5?
My siggie.

User avatar
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts: 2885
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:46 pm
Location: Finalnd
Contact:

Isolate Posts by Vompatti

Re: Most Recently Played Video Game

#355

Post by Vompatti » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:27 pm

The word on the street is that 6 is better.
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image

User avatar
MovingPictures07
The Don
Posts: 26679
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:20 am
Gender: Male
Location: San Antonio, TX

Isolate Posts by MovingPictures07

Re: Most Recently Played Video Game

#356

Post by MovingPictures07 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:23 pm

So I bought Bit.Trip Runner 2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien on a whim based on solid reviews for it, and I'm glad I did. Surprisingly addicting and tons of fun.

User avatar
DharmaHelper
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts: 9486
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:29 pm

Isolate Posts by DharmaHelper

Re: Most Recently Played Video Game

#357

Post by DharmaHelper » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:03 pm

Picked Crusader Kings 2: AGOT Mod back up today. Results in spoiler tags cuz there are some GOT spoilers maybe:

Spoiler: show
Playing as a Pirate King, getting mad wealthy and I got a dragon, a dragon egg, and a Valyrian Sword. My son is going to be set for life, probably going to start expanding my empire beyond the islands I have control of once my first character dies
our Linkitis is our lives.



#BroughtBackThePoliticsThread

User avatar
DharmaHelper
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts: 9486
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:29 pm

Isolate Posts by DharmaHelper

Re: Most Recently Played Video Game

#358

Post by DharmaHelper » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:16 am

DharmaHelper wrote:Picked Crusader Kings 2: AGOT Mod back up today. Results in spoiler tags cuz there are some GOT spoilers maybe:

Spoiler: show
Playing as a Pirate King, getting mad wealthy and I got a dragon, a dragon egg, and a Valyrian Sword. My son is going to be set for life, probably going to start expanding my empire beyond the islands I have control of once my first character dies
Also, my current character has a load of concubines and Salt Wives, and then he later married properly. As a result, my succession is fucked up and my oldest son is by a salt wife. He's also half-Summer Islander. My wife's kid is, technically, not my heir.
our Linkitis is our lives.



#BroughtBackThePoliticsThread

User avatar
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts: 2031
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:33 pm
Location: DMV

Isolate Posts by Bass_the_Clever

Re: Most Recently Played Video Game

#359

Post by Bass_the_Clever » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:37 pm

Been playing the Mass effect series. So far it's a lot of fun.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Image
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.

User avatar
DharmaHelper
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts: 9486
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:29 pm

Isolate Posts by DharmaHelper

Re: Most Recently Played Video Game

#360

Post by DharmaHelper » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:15 pm

Bass_the_Clever wrote:Been playing the Mass effect series. So far it's a lot of fun.
Curious to see your thoughts on 3, once you get there.
our Linkitis is our lives.



#BroughtBackThePoliticsThread

User avatar
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts: 2031
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:33 pm
Location: DMV

Isolate Posts by Bass_the_Clever

Re: Most Recently Played Video Game

#361

Post by Bass_the_Clever » Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:46 pm

DharmaHelper wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:Been playing the Mass effect series. So far it's a lot of fun.
Curious to see your thoughts on 3, once you get there.
Are you talking about the different endings because I had a friend who, just had to spoil it for me.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Image
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.

User avatar
DharmaHelper
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts: 9486
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:29 pm

Isolate Posts by DharmaHelper

Re: Most Recently Played Video Game

#362

Post by DharmaHelper » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:10 pm

Bass_the_Clever wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:Been playing the Mass effect series. So far it's a lot of fun.
Curious to see your thoughts on 3, once you get there.
Are you talking about the different endings because I had a friend who, just had to spoil it for me.
Yes. Shame they were spoiled for you. Wonder if you're of the opinion that they were garbage
our Linkitis is our lives.



#BroughtBackThePoliticsThread

User avatar
Dom
Henchman
Posts: 7663
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:36 pm
Location: Wherever Niall is TBH

Isolate Posts by Dom

Re: Most Recently Played Video Game

#363

Post by Dom » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:52 pm

Spoiler: show
they are garbage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts: 2885
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:46 pm
Location: Finalnd
Contact:

Isolate Posts by Vompatti

Re: Most Recently Played Video Game

#364

Post by Vompatti » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:38 am

Just started Dragon Age Inquisition. What they did with loading simultaneously from the disc and the hard drive makes the frame rate horrible on my old system and there's also a lot of texture popping k :disappoint:
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image

User avatar
Cryptonic
Patsy
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:51 pm

Isolate Posts by Cryptonic

Re: Most Recently Played Video Game

#365

Post by Cryptonic » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:42 pm

Taking a break from playing Heroes of the Storm to play.... Diablo 2 hahahaha Needed a sandbox game that I can just play a few minutes here and there.

User avatar
speedchuck
Racketeer
Posts: 3552
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:43 am
Gender: Male

Isolate Posts by speedchuck

Re: Most Recently Played Video Game

#366

Post by speedchuck » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:05 am

Sonic Mania. It's wonderful.
Spoiler: show
insertnamehere wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:48 pm
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImage

User avatar
Quin
The Bringer of Forever Night
Posts: 6996
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:08 am
Gender: Male
Location: The Future

Isolate Posts by Quin

Re: Most Recently Played Video Game

#367

Post by Quin » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:28 pm

I just bought Skyrim Special Edition with all the DLC attached on the PC (my first time with the DLC, and I've yet to finish the game anyway)

Played it the entire day yesterday. Going to play it the entire day today more than likely. Creating unique characters to play is fun.
Scotty wrote:Teacher! Teacher! May I vote twice, like the Warden? I'll be a good boy, I swear!
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

User avatar
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts: 23859
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:59 pm

Isolate Posts by Epignosis

Re: Most Recently Played Video Game

#368

Post by Epignosis » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:09 pm

Get Cuphead.

Fun shit.

User avatar
speedchuck
Racketeer
Posts: 3552
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:43 am
Gender: Male

Isolate Posts by speedchuck

Re: Most Recently Played Video Game

#369

Post by speedchuck » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:15 pm

Epignosis wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:09 pm
Get Cuphead.

Fun shit.
I'm planning on it. Just for the visuals and bosses.
Spoiler: show
insertnamehere wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:48 pm
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImage

User avatar
JaggedJimmyJay
The Consigliere
Posts: 14376
Joined: Tue May 12, 2015 11:42 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Athens, Ohio, U.S.
Contact:

Isolate Posts by JaggedJimmyJay

Re: Most Recently Played Video Game

#370

Post by JaggedJimmyJay » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:53 am

Been wasting time with this old classic:

Image
My banners, achievements, and win/loss records per faction and game type:
Spoiler: show
Civilian wins:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Not pictured: Felt Mafia 2, Greater Idea (Burglary), Seinfeld Mafia, All Fall Down (Burglary), Vocaroo Too!, Fiddler on the Roof Mafia
Civilian-aligned record: 12 wins and 6 losses (2-2 Jobs, 3-1 Side Missions, 4-2 Heists, 2-0 Burglaries, 1-1 Special Games)
Mafia wins:
ImageImage
Not pictured: A Game About Chinese Food (Burglary), Phenon: Origins Mafia
Mafia-aligned record: 4 wins and 2 losses (0-1 Jobs, 1-1 Side Missions, 2-0 Heists, 1-0 Burglaries, 0-0 Special Games)
Independent wins:
ImageImageImage
Not pictured: Mortal Kombat Mafia
Independent record: 4 wins and 1 loss (3-1 Jobs, 1-0 Side Missions, 0-0 Heists, 0-0 Burglaries, 0-0 Special Games)
Overall record: 20 wins and 9 losses (5-4 Jobs, 5-2 Side Missions, 6-2 Heists, 3-0 Burglaries, 1-1 Special Games)
2015: 2-4 | 2016: 7-4 | 2017: 8-1 | 2018: 3-0
Host:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Not pictured: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary (Burglary)
Awards:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Not pictured: Seinfeld Mafia MVP

User avatar
MovingPictures07
The Don
Posts: 26679
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:20 am
Gender: Male
Location: San Antonio, TX

Isolate Posts by MovingPictures07

Re: Most Recently Played Video Game

#371

Post by MovingPictures07 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:35 pm

Lately I've been playing Splatoon 2 off and on. Great game when I want to just take a break from everything for a little bit.

User avatar
MovingPictures07
The Don
Posts: 26679
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:20 am
Gender: Male
Location: San Antonio, TX

Isolate Posts by MovingPictures07

Re: Most Recently Played Video Game

#372

Post by MovingPictures07 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:36 pm

speedchuck wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:15 pm
Epignosis wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:09 pm
Get Cuphead.

Fun shit.
I'm planning on it. Just for the visuals and bosses.
Definitely seems really neat, I'll have to get it myself one of these days as well.

User avatar
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts: 23859
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:59 pm

Isolate Posts by Epignosis

Re: Most Recently Played Video Game

#373

Post by Epignosis » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:36 pm

We've got the first one. It's fun, but the network connection kept dropping us out of matches, which soured me.

User avatar
MovingPictures07
The Don
Posts: 26679
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:20 am
Gender: Male
Location: San Antonio, TX

Isolate Posts by MovingPictures07

Re: Most Recently Played Video Game

#374

Post by MovingPictures07 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:38 pm

Epignosis wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:36 pm
We've got the first one. It's fun, but the network connection kept dropping us out of matches, which soured me.
That's annoying. The first game was pretty good too. I prefer the 2nd mainly because the Switch controls > Wii U controls, but both are solid.

User avatar
speedchuck
Racketeer
Posts: 3552
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:43 am
Gender: Male

Isolate Posts by speedchuck

Re: Most Recently Played Video Game

#375

Post by speedchuck » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:08 pm

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:36 pm
speedchuck wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:15 pm
Epignosis wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:09 pm
Get Cuphead.

Fun shit.
I'm planning on it. Just for the visuals and bosses.
Definitely seems really neat, I'll have to get it myself one of these days as well.
I got it. There's a difficulty spike when you get to the last third, but so far the game has been beautiful, frustrating, and very rewarding.
Spoiler: show
insertnamehere wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:48 pm
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImage

User avatar
JaggedJimmyJay
The Consigliere
Posts: 14376
Joined: Tue May 12, 2015 11:42 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Athens, Ohio, U.S.
Contact:

Isolate Posts by JaggedJimmyJay

Re: Most Recently Played Video Game

#376

Post by JaggedJimmyJay » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:06 am

Diablo 2:

Number of times killed in normal difficulty: 0

Number of times killed in nightmare difficulty: ~10

Number of times killed in hell difficulty (not even halfway finished): ~50. :wall:
My banners, achievements, and win/loss records per faction and game type:
Spoiler: show
Civilian wins:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Not pictured: Felt Mafia 2, Greater Idea (Burglary), Seinfeld Mafia, All Fall Down (Burglary), Vocaroo Too!, Fiddler on the Roof Mafia
Civilian-aligned record: 12 wins and 6 losses (2-2 Jobs, 3-1 Side Missions, 4-2 Heists, 2-0 Burglaries, 1-1 Special Games)
Mafia wins:
ImageImage
Not pictured: A Game About Chinese Food (Burglary), Phenon: Origins Mafia
Mafia-aligned record: 4 wins and 2 losses (0-1 Jobs, 1-1 Side Missions, 2-0 Heists, 1-0 Burglaries, 0-0 Special Games)
Independent wins:
ImageImageImage
Not pictured: Mortal Kombat Mafia
Independent record: 4 wins and 1 loss (3-1 Jobs, 1-0 Side Missions, 0-0 Heists, 0-0 Burglaries, 0-0 Special Games)
Overall record: 20 wins and 9 losses (5-4 Jobs, 5-2 Side Missions, 6-2 Heists, 3-0 Burglaries, 1-1 Special Games)
2015: 2-4 | 2016: 7-4 | 2017: 8-1 | 2018: 3-0
Host:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Not pictured: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary (Burglary)
Awards:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Not pictured: Seinfeld Mafia MVP

User avatar
speedchuck
Racketeer
Posts: 3552
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:43 am
Gender: Male

Isolate Posts by speedchuck

Re: Most Recently Played Video Game

#377

Post by speedchuck » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:06 pm

I beat Cuphead
Spoiler: show
insertnamehere wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:48 pm
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImage

User avatar
sprityo
Money Launderer
Posts: 2128
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:46 pm
Gender: Male

Isolate Posts by sprityo

Re: Most Recently Played Video Game

#378

Post by sprityo » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:51 pm

I finished persona 5 today, logging a total 95 hours

Time for new game+
sprityo wrote:Autocorrect is a cruel mistrust
ImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImage

User avatar
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts: 4687
Joined: Sat May 02, 2015 5:25 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Brazil

Isolate Posts by Dragon D. Luffy

Re: Most Recently Played Video Game

#379

Post by Dragon D. Luffy » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:25 pm

So, Transistor is amazing and I almost regret not having a decent computer 2 years ago so I would have played it already and wanted to sign up to Epi's mafia game of it.

I'm going through the New Game Plus.

User avatar
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts: 23859
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:59 pm

Isolate Posts by Epignosis

Re: Most Recently Played Video Game

#380

Post by Epignosis » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:57 pm

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:25 pm
So, Transistor is amazing and I almost regret not having a decent computer 2 years ago so I would have played it already and wanted to sign up to Epi's mafia game of it.

I'm going through the New Game Plus.
I want to do the New Game Plus. So little time though. :(

User avatar
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts: 4687
Joined: Sat May 02, 2015 5:25 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Brazil

Isolate Posts by Dragon D. Luffy

Re: Most Recently Played Video Game

#381

Post by Dragon D. Luffy » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:15 am

Epignosis wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:57 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:25 pm
So, Transistor is amazing and I almost regret not having a decent computer 2 years ago so I would have played it already and wanted to sign up to Epi's mafia game of it.

I'm going through the New Game Plus.
I want to do the New Game Plus. So little time though. :(
It's so short though.

Also trying to nail every achievement before the second playthrough is over. So far so good, but the achivement that forces me to win 5 battles with all 10 limiters is scary.

Edit: never mind, found a broken combo online which let me do it with less than 20 game overs.

User avatar
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts: 23859
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:59 pm

Isolate Posts by Epignosis

Re: Most Recently Played Video Game

#382

Post by Epignosis » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:42 pm

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:15 am
Epignosis wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:57 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:25 pm
So, Transistor is amazing and I almost regret not having a decent computer 2 years ago so I would have played it already and wanted to sign up to Epi's mafia game of it.

I'm going through the New Game Plus.
I want to do the New Game Plus. So little time though. :(
It's so short though.

Also trying to nail every achievement before the second playthrough is over. So far so good, but the achivement that forces me to win 5 battles with all 10 limiters is scary.

Edit: never mind, found a broken combo online which let me do it with less than 20 game overs.
Without spoiling anything, are there any story / Easter egg / new content / etc whatever that makes it worth playing through a second time? Is it supposed to be more challenging? Basically, what's the difference?

User avatar
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts: 4687
Joined: Sat May 02, 2015 5:25 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Brazil

Isolate Posts by Dragon D. Luffy

Re: Most Recently Played Video Game

#383

Post by Dragon D. Luffy » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:56 pm

Epignosis wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:42 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:15 am
Epignosis wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:57 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:25 pm
So, Transistor is amazing and I almost regret not having a decent computer 2 years ago so I would have played it already and wanted to sign up to Epi's mafia game of it.

I'm going through the New Game Plus.
I want to do the New Game Plus. So little time though. :(
It's so short though.

Also trying to nail every achievement before the second playthrough is over. So far so good, but the achivement that forces me to win 5 battles with all 10 limiters is scary.

Edit: never mind, found a broken combo online which let me do it with less than 20 game overs.
Without spoiling anything, are there any story / Easter egg / new content / etc whatever that makes it worth playing through a second time? Is it supposed to be more challenging? Basically, what's the difference?
Not really much story, but it lets you do some things that you usually don't get to finish in the first playthrough. You start the story over with whatever level you had, and keep going up. Also the process starts at the level they were in the end of the game.

Unless you did a fuckload of grinding with limiters the first time around, you probably did not get all functions (i. e. I did not get Cull and I barely got to use Void). So replaying lets you test them. Also read the character logs that come with them.

You most likely didn't do all of those oasis challenges, either.

And there are the limiters. You probably didn't get all of them (and read their logs). Considering the process is already stronger from the start, it gets ridiculous with limiters (20 enemies at once with shields and regenerations dealing 80% of your Hp every time they hit you). So there is challenge there.

So it's not really story, but gameplay.

User avatar
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts: 4687
Joined: Sat May 02, 2015 5:25 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Brazil

Isolate Posts by Dragon D. Luffy

Re: Most Recently Played Video Game

#384

Post by Dragon D. Luffy » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:59 pm

Sorry I edited this post like 5 times lol.

User avatar
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts: 23859
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:59 pm

Isolate Posts by Epignosis

Re: Most Recently Played Video Game

#385

Post by Epignosis » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:06 pm

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:56 pm
Epignosis wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:42 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:15 am
Epignosis wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:57 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:25 pm
So, Transistor is amazing and I almost regret not having a decent computer 2 years ago so I would have played it already and wanted to sign up to Epi's mafia game of it.

I'm going through the New Game Plus.
I want to do the New Game Plus. So little time though. :(
It's so short though.

Also trying to nail every achievement before the second playthrough is over. So far so good, but the achivement that forces me to win 5 battles with all 10 limiters is scary.

Edit: never mind, found a broken combo online which let me do it with less than 20 game overs.
Without spoiling anything, are there any story / Easter egg / new content / etc whatever that makes it worth playing through a second time? Is it supposed to be more challenging? Basically, what's the difference?
Not really much story, but it lets you do some things that you usually don't get to finish in the first playthrough.

Unless you did a fuckload of grinding with limiters the first time around, you probably did not get all functions (i. e. I did not get Cull and I barely got to use Void). So replaying lets you test them. Also read the character logs that come with them.

You most likely didn't do all of those oasis challenges, either.

And there are the limiters. You probably didn't get all of them (and read their logs). And in the New Game +, the process is much stronger from the start. With limiters, it gets ridiculous (20 enemies at once with shields and regenerations dealing 80% of your Hp every time they hit you). So there is challenge there.

So it's not really story, but gameplay.
I'm pretty sure I got all the functions and limiters and read all the backstories. I tend to be the kind of player who explores every nook and cranny of a region and tries to collect every piece of gold I can get my greedy hands on (which is probably a big reason I rarely finish games).

I'll probably replay it over the summer. It was a stellar game.

User avatar
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts: 4687
Joined: Sat May 02, 2015 5:25 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Brazil

Isolate Posts by Dragon D. Luffy

Re: Most Recently Played Video Game

#386

Post by Dragon D. Luffy » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:08 pm

Sounds good. It's just that most people don't do it because the game gives you limited exp, so you have so abuse limiters early on to get to a level high enough to get everything.

User avatar
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts: 4687
Joined: Sat May 02, 2015 5:25 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Brazil

Isolate Posts by Dragon D. Luffy

Re: Most Recently Played Video Game

#387

Post by Dragon D. Luffy » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:11 pm

There are another two games from this studio which sound really cool too. There is one called Pyre that got described as "Oregon Trail meets NBA"

I might play it.

User avatar
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts: 23859
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:59 pm

Isolate Posts by Epignosis

Re: Most Recently Played Video Game

#388

Post by Epignosis » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:47 pm

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:11 pm
There are another two games from this studio which sound really cool too. There is one called Pyre that got described as "Oregon Trail meets NBA"

I might play it.
I have played Bastion but have not finished it. It's fun, sort of an isometric run-and-gun deal, but not as good as Transistor.

Pyre is a title on my wish-list. I like SuperGiant Games very much.

Post Reply

Return to “Apollo Square”