Most Recently Played Video Game

Enter Apollo Square and interact with other video gamers.

Moderator: Community Team

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 59
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Most Recently Played Video Game

Post by Tangrowth »

What's the video game you've most recently played and how would you rate it?
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 25

Re: Most Recently Played Video Game

Post by Epignosis »

Oblivion. Don't know. I don't leave the Imperial City.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 29
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I played Skyrim last September. 5/5.

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 28

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:I played Skyrim last September. 5/5.
This was a great game.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 9
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

I need a system upgrade - I haven't bought anything new since the Wii :sigh: The last game I finished (again) was Majora's Mask. Went a lot faster than I remembered, but excellent game.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:I played Skyrim last September. 5/5.
This was a great game.
Agreed. There aren't many games that make me want to purchase a TV and a game system, but this is one of them.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

I just got done playinng Mass Effect 3 and the story was amazing. It reminded me a lot of Star Wars KOTOR. The only down fall of this game was the ending suck so much thats why I'm giving it a 4/5.
Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 3
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Made »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:I just got done playinng Mass Effect 3 and the story was amazing. It reminded me a lot of Star Wars KOTOR. The only down fall of this game was the ending suck so much thats why I'm giving it a 4/5.
Do i need to play the other 2 games to get a good feel for this one? I've been putting off buying them since forever.
Pov: you reading my takes
XthAtGAm3RGuYX
Stool Pigeon

Post by XthAtGAm3RGuYX »

Finished Bioshock Infinite today. Was a fun experience but I had a few gripes. Mainly that Elizabeth is an infinite ammo cheat code. I used a single gun from chapter 5 or so all the way until the end of the game. It was always in my inventory and it 1-2 shotted every common enemy. Seemed kinda short too. Finished it in two days. Dont think my play time was over 10 hours. I miss visible weapons upgrades. The vigors arent that cool.

Working on my Unknown Difficulty playthrough of Tales of Vesperia. Doing it on EX New Game so I still have all the end game Artes and Skills because some of them are hard to get (Like Rita's Meteor Storm and Negative Gate), and 10x EXP, and 2X Gald. I had to grind the colliseum for so long. Got all the unsealed Fell Arms too. Current save file has breached 120 hours.

Playing MKX here and there. Mystic Ermac and Piercing Mileena are soooooo good girl.
XthAtGAm3RGuYX
Stool Pigeon

Post by XthAtGAm3RGuYX »

Made wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:I just got done playinng Mass Effect 3 and the story was amazing. It reminded me a lot of Star Wars KOTOR. The only down fall of this game was the ending suck so much thats why I'm giving it a 4/5.
Do i need to play the other 2 games to get a good feel for this one? I've been putting off buying them since forever.
If you dont want to play the game and feel like you are getting a third of the experience, yes. Start at the beginning. In that series choices actually do matter and carry over. Until the very end of the third game that is.

I have one single tip for you. In Mass Effect 1, put a bunch of points into the Charm stat EARLY. Later on if you dont have high enough intimidate or charm, one of your best crew members will die guaranteed. I restarted my entire game just to save him.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

XthAtGAm3RGuYX wrote:
Made wrote:
If you dont want to play the game and feel like you are getting a third of the experience, yes. Start at the beginning. In that series choices actually do matter and carry over. Until the very end of the third game that is.

I have one single tip for you. In Mass Effect 1, put a bunch of points into the Charm stat EARLY. Later on if you dont have high enough intimidate or charm, one of your best crew members will die guaranteed. I restarted my entire game just to save him.
I was told I could start with the third one and now I wish I started withh the first. I can tell I missed out on a ton of stuff that happen in the first two games that shapes the third game so I would start at one. Iwilll be buying the first 2 and starting over.
boo
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 6
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by boo »

If you aren't in a hurry for Mass Effect though, and own (or are considering getting at some point) a current gen console (if you'd be buying them for PC it doesn't matter), you might want to wait and see if the potential (there are rumours but no guarantee) remastered collection comes out (it would be 1-3 with all of the DLC. You can get 1-3 for 360/PS3, as a collection, but I know some of the more important DLC isn't included).

Also, if it does happen, maybe they'll have fixed the Mako and you won't have to experience the worst thing in the entire series (including 3's ending).
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 14

Post by A Person »

<3333
XthAtGAm3RGuYX
Stool Pigeon

Post by XthAtGAm3RGuYX »

Bass_the_Clever wrote: I was told I could start with the third one and now I wish I started withh the first. I can tell I missed out on a ton of stuff that happen in the first two games that shapes the third game so I would start at one. Iwilll be buying the first 2 and starting over.
The continuity throughout the series is fantastic. The game even remembers really small things that you probably forgot about. I remember in the first game I met this couple on the citadel that was debating whether or not to have a kid in a time of war. I convinced them to have one. I met them again in the second one and helped them solve some kind of issue that I dont remember. Then in the third game I seen them on the Citadel again and they thanked me for everything I had done for them. The thing that's always stood out to me about that is that those NPC's are extremely insignificant in appearance. Walking past them doesnt pull you into a dialogue or antyhing. I just so happened to talk to them and it turned into an event that tracked itself through 3 whole games.

Then the big stuff is pretty sweet too. In the second game you can actually straight up die. Then you can carry that save file into the third game, and Commander Shepard is recognized as having died, and you play as a different character entirely. Or you can actually go to the end game event in ME2 like halfway through the game and get absolutely fucking destroyed. The series almost has different dimensions stemming from those kinds of decisions. Including stuff like your decision with the Rachni and if you chose to do anything about the Genophage.

Mass Effect is a fantastic series, ONLY if you start at the beginning. It's one of a kind.

For the record none of that was a spoiler since everything I just talked about is optional.
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman

Post by nijuukyugou »

A Person wrote:Image
<3333
When (yes, WHEN, self!) I finally get myself a 3DS, I want this game!! I have the first two and loved them, but never got to enjoy playing with other people and show off my immaculate house and bug collections :sigh: One day, Blooper will have it all...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

nijuukyugou wrote:
A Person wrote:Image
<3333
When (yes, WHEN, self!) I finally get myself a 3DS, I want this game!! I have the first two and loved them, but never got to enjoy playing with other people and show off my immaculate house and bug collections :sigh: One day, Blooper will have it all...
My bug collection is a bit lacking, but my fossil collection is one fossil away from having a complete collection. I need to step up my bug and fish collecting. :srsnod: ACNL has been a lot of fun so far, I'm currently trying to get through all the house improvements so I can be free from Tom's clutches.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

You know, I've never actually played Animal Crossing somehow. I have a 3DS, so I'll definitely consider getting that game! My problem is I just don't have the time to play it these days. :sigh:
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman

Post by nijuukyugou »

MovingPictures07 wrote:You know, I've never actually played Animal Crossing somehow. I have a 3DS, so I'll definitely consider getting that game! My problem is I just don't have the time to play it these days. :sigh:
It's like playing out your adulthood, except with most of the shitty stuff about being an adult removed. And money literally grows on trees.

...K gonna go live in Animal Crossing now :nicenod:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

nijuukyugou wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:You know, I've never actually played Animal Crossing somehow. I have a 3DS, so I'll definitely consider getting that game! My problem is I just don't have the time to play it these days. :sigh:
It's like playing out your adulthood, except with most of the shitty stuff about being an adult removed. And money literally grows on trees.

Haha, duly noted. I still need to get the Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask remake for the 3DS too! So. Badly. I keep having to tell myself that I haven't due to lack of time and money. :P
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

I lost my copy of Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn for the Wii. This saddens me :(
My siggie.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

timmer wrote:I lost my copy of Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn for the Wii. This saddens me :(
Oh man, that sucks. :puppy:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I have never had anything to do with Fire Emblem outside of Smash Bros.

What am I missing?
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

nijuukyugou wrote:

Ture it is basically a utopia, apart from Tom Nook ripping you off -_- In New Leaf, you are the mayor of a small town, and you have a lot of control over things from designing your house and buying outfits for your character to deciding which businesses you want, landscaping, cultivating friendships with the villagers who come to live in your town, deciding which projects you want to raise money for, etc. One of my favorite things so far is The Roost, a cafe owned by Brewster the owl. You can even buy and sell turnips in the "stalk market."
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Stalk market... LMAO!!!!!! That's amazing.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Okay, that was a bit of an overreaction because I'm super happy I finished my proposal for my accounting seminar class, so I had some rum and cokes. :P nonetheless, still amazing. Totally.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I'm going to be playing the new Mario Kart 8 DLC tonight!!!!!!! Can't wait. Just have to wait on it to download...
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Rum and Cokes. I remember those.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Epignosis wrote:Rum and Cokes. I remember those.
They are awesome.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

So I have now played the new Mario Kart 8 DLC and it's pretty sweet -- so glad they brought back Cheese Land and Ribbon Road from the GBA (Super Circuit was the BOMB) and Baby Park from the GCN (love that track). The new Animal Crossing-themed and F-Zero Big Blue tracks are also really sweet. Definitely happy with them.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Epignosis wrote:I have never had anything to do with Fire Emblem outside of Smash Bros.

What am I missing?
It's an RPG with a zillion characters, level ups, kind of Final Fantasy ish I guess? Many of the character can switch between human and animal form - they are vulnerable and weak as humans, very strong as animals, a neat risk/reward thing.

I guess I love the game because there are some missions where you need to pick like 18 characters to enter a level, and you've got 25 to pick from, let's say. If you always use the same guys, they will level up a lot and get really strong but in later levels were you are forced to bring the weaker people into missions, those characters will die and weaken your overall team. But, if you spread the levelling up too smoothly around the characters your group will be too weak at endgame.

Lots of long term and short term strategy in character choices.
My siggie.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

timmer wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I have never had anything to do with Fire Emblem outside of Smash Bros.

What am I missing?
It's an RPG with a zillion characters, level ups, kind of Final Fantasy ish I guess? Many of the character can switch between human and animal form - they are vulnerable and weak as humans, very strong as animals, a neat risk/reward thing.

I guess I love the game because there are some missions where you need to pick like 18 characters to enter a level, and you've got 25 to pick from, let's say. If you always use the same guys, they will level up a lot and get really strong but in later levels were you are forced to bring the weaker people into missions, those characters will die and weaken your overall team. But, if you spread the levelling up too smoothly around the characters your group will be too weak at endgame.

Sounds like my kind of game. :ponder:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Epignosis wrote:
timmer wrote:

What am I missing?

This.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote:
timmer wrote:

What am I missing?

Same here.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 1
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

The last game I played was some Tomb Raider game.
;)
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Started playing The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD remake for the Wii U yesterday for part of Annie's birthday celebration. About time. What a game.

Due to both of our schedules being busy, I doubt it'll get finished any time soon, but it seems the plan is to sneak some time for it here and there.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
timmer wrote:

What am I missing?

Same here.
There is also further strategizing. There are different classes of characters; sword masters, armoured knights, different types of magic users (lightning, fire, light, etc.), thieves. You can choose from the entire group of living characters to decide who comes into the final section of the game, but you will want a varied group, not all swords masters and archers, for instance. So in each CLASS, you also want to choose early on which will be the representative to bring into the endgame. So you don't want to be levelling up too many armoured knights, for instance, if you will only bring in one, etc.

Also, within specific challenges you have to physically balance your players based on strengths and weaknesses. If your light magic user, who wears no armour, is standing too far in front of the armoured characters, when the enemy takes it turn it will head straight for the weak link and slaughter them. Position on the map is paramount, and paying attention to how far various enemy characters can move per turn is crucial.

I think you guys will like it!
My siggie.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Definitely. It looks like Fire Emblem: Awakening for the 3DS is incredibly well-acclaimed, so I might consider getting that as my next 3DS game, actually.

Wishful thinking, probably, but it looks really sweet and seems to retain many of the elements from Radiant Dawn that you described.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Anyone with a game cube can track down Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance as well, which is the precursor to Radiant Dawn. Same characters, and you can port your levelled up characters from the cube to the wii !
My siggie.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Oooh, duly noted.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Im play pokemon y right now and I am really liking the new graphics and the new staters.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Pokemon Y is a solid game. I didn't play any Pokemon game since the 2nd gen, but finally checked out Y last November or so, and it was definitely a great way to revitalize my interest in the series.
XthAtGAm3RGuYX
Stool Pigeon

Post by XthAtGAm3RGuYX »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:Im play pokemon y right now and I am really liking the new graphics and the new staters.
GEN 1 MASTER RACE

I beat the entire game using only pokemon from the first two generations, exceptions being pokemon that are given to you like Lucario and such.

Though I did mess around with newer pokemon after i beat it. Gardevoir with Dazzling Gleam was retarded in 3v3 online battles.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

XthAtGAm3RGuYX wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:Im play pokemon y right now and I am really liking the new graphics and the new staters.
GEN 1 MASTER RACE

I beat the entire game using only pokemon from the first two generations, exceptions being pokemon that are given to you like Lucario and such.

Though I did mess around with newer pokemon after i beat it. Gardevoir with Dazzling Gleam was retarded in 3v3 online battles.
Lol, I can understand why. XD
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 7
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

Costume Quest 2 was the last game I played and probably the only game I've played in an entire year. It's a Double Fine production. I loved the original game so much that when my friend Tater came to visit me in Tally, he brought his console and the new game for me to play.

Such fun.

8.5/10
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 19

Post by Vompatti »

In this moment I'm playing Callahan's Crosstime Saloon. Very underrated/underknown point and click. :beer:
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Today I picked up Fall Out Three Game of the Year Edition. I know I should have played this years ago but I can't wait to get home and play it. Bethesda makes the best RPG games and I heard this game is like skyrim with guns so it sounds pretty dope..
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 15

Post by fingersplints »

keys and I are playing the master quest for Occarina of Time right now. we decided to return to the Zeldathon from last year :nicenod:
Gro-oo-ovy
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I may follow suit fingersplints, but the regular version. I still have not found all 100 gold skulltulas.

Sounds like a fun venture for the summertime.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 15

Post by fingersplints »

Thats what I did last year. :) I got all the skulltulas and pieces of heart, so the master quest is all I have left.

I thought about going back and collecting all the stuff in Wind Waker, but riding Epona around > sailing that little boat.
Gro-oo-ovy
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman

Post by nijuukyugou »

I never got to play Master Quest. Is it actually significantly harder than the original? Is it worth trying to find a copy to play?

Return to “Apollo Square”