Most Recently Played Video Game

Enter Apollo Square and interact with other video gamers.

Moderator: Community Team

Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 25

Re: Most Recently Played Video Game

Post by Epignosis »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Nope.
My favorite first person shooter without question. The story is brilliant.

Bioshock 2 greatly improves the controls, though the story is less impressive. I highly recommend the DLC "Minerva's Den."
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 26

Post by Ricochet »

Sounds like a worthy game to transpose into Mafi-oh wait

also

Typhoony
I'm an Economist
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Typhoony »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Christmas shopping: Transistor + Valkyria Chronicles + Brutal Legend + Bioshock.

Thanks Steam. :beer:
I posted a list of games that are now on sale and that I think are worth the purchase. I'm sure you can find atleast one game there that you'll like!

Also, Bioshock 1 is indeed an amazing shooter. I find the whole Bioshock series lacking a bit when it comes to gameplay, with Infinite being by far the worst offender.
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Typhoony wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Christmas shopping: Transistor + Valkyria Chronicles + Brutal Legend + Bioshock.

Thanks Steam. :beer:
I posted a list of games that are now on sale and that I think are worth the purchase. I'm sure you can find atleast one game there that you'll like!

Also, Bioshock 1 is indeed an amazing shooter. I find the whole Bioshock series lacking a bit when it comes to gameplay, with Infinite being by far the worst offender.
Infinite is my least favorite of the three. It's okay, but suffers for a lot of reasons I won't go into.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 43
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Speaking of Transistor, there was a role based on it in a mafia game I played last year (Favorites 4):
Red

[Transistor] : This powerful weapon wielded by Red has a number of Functions derived from Traces:

-[Turn] : By freezing the enemies on screen, Red is able to plan a strategy and queue skills. If used in the night phase, instead of all actions happening simultaneously, Red will receive a list of the actions being made and will be able to decide the order in which they occur(for example, if X is using an action to kill Y but an action by Z to kill X is placed prior to that, then X will not be alive to kill Y and therefore it will not happen). The same applies if used in the day phase, from the moment the ability is activated all incoming actions will be put on hold until Red decides shes ready to queue them up. Three-shot.

-[Crash(active)] : Using this function, Red can expose a targets vulnerability, making other abilities more effective against them(kills become super-kills, RB's last longer, etc.). The effect lasts a phase. This skill is usable every other cycle.

-[Crash(passive)] : Red has a 25% chance to survive regular kills and is immune to debuffs, roleblocks and being made generic.

-[Help] - Usable only in conjunction with [Turn], Red is able to choose the target/s of a random townies action(of those being used and available to be queue'd).

-[Help(passive)] - Red has a 25% chance of becoming a SuperUser upon using [Turn] and gaining the Kill Function, a one-shot ultra-kill.

[Mute] : Red has no voting power.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 9
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Aaa I finished it and let's just say I loved it a whole lot wow what a beautiful game
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Ricochet wrote:
One update too many, already, I realize, but I did another pacifist full and I'm now ready to sell my soul. Please don't unfriend me for going down this path. :scared:
It is accomplished. Right on time, so I can close this chapter already. (I really talked too much in this thread about this game). :grin:

A mixed experienced, overall.
And by that, I don't imply that this Route should be in any way pleasant to pursue or accomplish, given the game's morals, nevertheless it was a mixed bag.

Best:
-- "sparing" Sans and what follows after. It wasn't too hard to guess the outcome, but the comic reflief made it totally worth it. I laughed the roof off.

Good:
-- I sort of feel the main narration behind the events is the most fulfilling (and least ambiguous) of the three routes, given how Flowey "opens up" or the new meaning given to the entire game you're playing (or performing), even if it comes at the price of going down some very dark paths
-- Sans' dangerous nature and awareness hidden behind all that laidback facade and goofskull. This could count in general, but Genocide improves upon it, too. If there's one thing all Routes (well, perhaps except the Pacifist's very end section) make me feel, it's that Sans is never really my friend or companion throughout the game, the way I end up bonding with all the other main characters; he is much more aware of my nature, what I can become etc., and is invested with powers of understanding past the game's walkthrough. The part that makes him compelling as a final boss in Genocide is the you-asked-for-this-kiddo resolution. That being said, check Neutral as well.
-- if good should equate with "haunting", given the nature of this Route, then I suppose the most haunting detail was the subtle hints at how a malevolent force gradually takes over me. Stuff like dialogue lines changed in red or the character advancing forward without my control in certain situations definitely did the trick to unsettle me.

Neutral:
-- sadly, I ended up spoiling myself too much with synopsis and such, for the Genocide ending to have the purest, most stark effect on me; that's not to say it isn't designed, in itself, in a compelling way
-- also on Sans, I'm less sure why, with him being so cognizant (and hinting at this explicitly, as soon as I enter Snowdin), he allows me, the player, to go ahead with all the destruction required to complete this route; it feels slightly gimmicky that he's supposed to take his stand at such a late, point-of-no-return phase. I think the Leaderless Ending in Neutral was more poignant in revealing his grief that him going easy has led to so much bad stuff happening.

Disappointing:
-- I was sort of expecting, regardless of the minimum kill count necessary, to irreversibly damage separate screens of a stage as soon as I confronted and killed every monster that can be encountered in that particular screen. But nope, as soon as you reach the quota, the entire stage is barren. Sounds slightly illogical and also not really rewarding.
-- the "but nobody came" screens are automatically triggered, once you've crossed the Rubicon in each stage; I suppose this is meant to torment your conscience, but it's in fact a bit too annoying as a mechanism. Of course, most of the times you're expected to complete the quota near the end of the stage, but one time I achieved that deep inside the Snowdin Forest and, oh boy, was making my way to the town fun-fun-fun afterwards... NOT
-- the fact that Genocide =/= Hard, except for two specific events. Again, I understand the game is designed to not make me feel good or excited about anything I'm doing down this path and that this game universe is created so that almost every monster is less powerful (and determined) than me as a human/player, but I still wanted to be way more challenged than I was. Several one-shot twists are probably the most disappointing aspect of this Route, because it only makes me go back other Routes, to at least dodge some shit for a few minutes with those characters, and the rest of the encounters are just dire. So basically the battle part of Genocide goes down to just two main challenges - granted, the first being yeah-this-will-probably-take-me-20-attempts tier, and the latter... well, what can I say... I asked for it.
A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 14

Post by A Person »

I am playing Shovel Knight.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 29
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I started playing League of Legends because I heard it is a good career path.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 17

Post by Draconus »

:haha:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

My mainstream line up so far this year:

Currently playing Assassin's Creed: Syndicate
- Already it's so much better than Unity. They actually paid attention to what they did wrong and worked to fix it. (And now they're taking an additional year to create the next installment, to be set in Egypt. So, can't wait for that one).

Next up will be (in no particular order):
Fallout 4
The Witcher 3
Just Cause 3 (still need to purchase).

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 59
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

I love Bioshock Infinite! I can understand why it gets criticisms from a gameplay perspective though.

Regarding Shovel Knight, AP, how do you like it?

I finally got a hold of Xenoblade Chronicles (the original), and it's pretty sweet from what little I've played so far.
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Regarding Shovel Knight, AP, how do you like it?
I like it a fair amount so far. It's a 2D platformer with some interesting combat elements. It is a bit frustrating, things you have to jump over like spikes, magma, pits, etc all kill you instantly, and some parts are pretty frustrating for uncoordinated scrubs like me. But it's also really rewarding, has a great sense of humor, has a good soundtrack, nice graphics, and has an interesting story so far. I'm playing as the Plague Knight (free DLC that is supposed to be unlocked after beating the game as Shovel Knight (but I cheated :grin: )) and you can buy different sorts of casing, powder, fuses and arcana and mix them all to create bombs for individual circumstances. I normally don't get deep into games but I've played every day since I got it.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

A Person wrote:
I like it a fair amount so far. It's a 2D platformer with some interesting combat elements. It is a bit frustrating, things you have to jump over like spikes, magma, pits, etc all kill you instantly, and some parts are pretty frustrating for uncoordinated scrubs like me. But it's also really rewarding, has a great sense of humor, has a good soundtrack, nice graphics, and has an interesting story so far. I'm playing as the Plague Knight (free DLC that is supposed to be unlocked after beating the game as Shovel Knight (but I cheated :grin: )) and you can buy different sorts of casing, powder, fuses and arcana and mix them all to create bombs for individual circumstances. I normally don't get deep into games but I've played every day since I got it.
I've been thinking about purchasing it for some time now, so I think I just might do that.
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
A Person wrote:
I've been thinking about purchasing it for some time now, so I think I just might do that.
I think it's worth it. I'm playing on my 3DS if that makes any difference.
Typhoony
I'm an Economist

Post by Typhoony »

Shovel Knight is an amazing game that you should definitely buy! It's inspired by old school Megaman, but it has enough identity of its own to stand out :)

There's also more (free!) DLC coming, campaigns for Specter Knight and King Knight. It's basically 4 games for the price of one.

I completed the Pacifist route for Undertale yesterday. That made a better impression on me than the neutral ending, I appreciate it more now. Don't think I'm going for Genocide, even though that final boss fight looks amazing.
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Draconus wrote:Currently playing Assassin's Creed: Syndicate
- Already it's so much better than Unity. They actually paid attention to what they did wrong and worked to fix it. (And now they're taking an additional year to create the next installment, to be set in Egypt. So, can't wait for that one).
And it's called Syndicate. :grin:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Currently addicted to playing random battles on Pokemon Showdown.

Someone send help.

(or come play with me!)
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Currently addicted to playing random battles on Pokemon Showdown.

Someone send help.

(or come play with me!)
Will a couple hyper potions do?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I just bought Bastion on GOG for cheap. That narration. :srsnod:

Fun game so far.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Just started Metroid prime 3. Pretty good game overall, but the previous two are better. Though I'm only at the start.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Currently addicted to playing random battles on Pokemon Showdown.

Someone send help.

(or come play with me!)
Will a couple hyper potions do?
Don't think you can use those on multiplayer battles.
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Draconus wrote:Currently playing Assassin's Creed: Syndicate
And it's called Syndicate. :grin:
Exactly! And I was the serial killer :feb:

Typhoony
I'm an Economist

Post by Typhoony »

I have been playing a lot of The Witness this past week. It's from the creator of Braid if any of you are familiar with that game.

It's heavily inspired by Myst, in that you find yourself on an abandoned island and you have to solve puzzles to reach the end. There is no tutorial. No hand holding. The game does an amazing job of teaching you the rules of the puzzles and, even though you will want to bash your head against the wall every now and then because you are SURE the puzzle is impossible, the feeling of solving a difficult puzzle is amazing. It's filled with eureka moments like that... And other absolutely mind blowing moments that I will not spoil.
Absolutely amazing game and probably my Game of the year 2016 :D

Edit: And if you end up buying it, do not search out walkthroughs. Do not look for hints. Figure it out yourself. The game is open world and you are basically meant to be stuck at times. Search for other puzzles, come back with a fresh head. It's a much better feeling solving them then.
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Just killed Rundas in Metroid Prime 3. My fingers hurt. All of them.

The bosses of this series have way. too. much. HP.
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

I started playing Undertale, I've only made it a little ways in so no spoilerz pls. At times I get a feeling it is inspired by Yume Nikki. Except you know, unlike Yume Nikki it has stories and goals and isn't entirely free roaming. I am not even the only person to notice it!

On the subject of bosses that take ages to beat, Shovel Knight's bosses always take lots of retries for me, and usually it comes down to luck when I finally beat 'em. Still, it's a really satisfying feeling when I finally do.

I also started playing Broken Age, I'm really liking it so far. The graphics are really cute and fun, also it is so far one of the more intuitive feeling point and click games I've played.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 9
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Who wants to talk about the new Smash 4 characters because HOLY SHIT BAYONETTA :omg: Thanks to my dorm/friend group's Wii I've already been able to try out Bayonetta and Corrin and they're both really fun. We also just recently got Cloud and he's pretty interesting too. They all seem pretty strong. Mostly Bayonetta's moves kinda blow my mind. :p
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

nutella wrote:Who wants to talk about the new Smash 4 characters because HOLY SHIT BAYONETTA :omg: Thanks to my dorm/friend group's Wii I've already been able to try out Bayonetta and Corrin and they're both really fun. We also just recently got Cloud and he's pretty interesting too. They all seem pretty strong. Mostly Bayonetta's moves kinda blow my mind. :p
Isn't that the chick that gets naked every time she whips her hair?

Who comes up with this shit?
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Sorsha »

I don't play video games. Does Clash of Clans count? Or Boom Beach? Words withFriends?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

nutella wrote:Who wants to talk about the new Smash 4 characters because HOLY SHIT BAYONETTA :omg: Thanks to my dorm/friend group's Wii I've already been able to try out Bayonetta and Corrin and they're both really fun. We also just recently got Cloud and he's pretty interesting too. They all seem pretty strong. Mostly Bayonetta's moves kinda blow my mind. :p
Both of them are awesome, but for my style I much prefer Corrin. I was always big on the Fire Emblem characters (with Ike being a huge player in my rotation until they brought back Roy, occasionally using Marth as well), but I'm increasingly finding that Corrin might just be the best one for me. The last few times I've played online against my brother I've been consistently winning matches with her, regardless of who he uses, and that's quite bizarre these days. So I'm stoked. :slick:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

:ponder:
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 28

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

So I'm currently playing the telltales game " Game of Thrones" it pretty fucking awesome. Like all the TT games.
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 2

Post by sig »

I finished Fallout 4 awhile ago it was a good game, but not as good as Fallout 3 or New Vegas. Overall the atmosphere of 4 just wasn't as satisfying, it could in part be that I don't have as much knowledge about Boston as DC, but I think the little touches in 3 made the game.
I ended up siding with the Railroad, destroying the Institute and Brotherhood. The ending sequence was unsatisfying, I was hoping to learn about what happened with my companions as well as the people I interacted with like in Fallout 3 and NV. I would've also been happier if we saw new monsters and more connections with Fallout 3. Oh and Trevor was horribly compared to Three Dog.
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

So I finally finished Earthbound, though I didn't really get to play it again since before my parents visited for Christmas until just recently. Amazing game. Already working on a mafia game based off of it. :slick:
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 3
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

just bought Fire Emblem Birthright from the nintendo shop (the gamestop by my house was completley sold out, so rip)
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 7
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

I played the Mad Max game on PS4. It's good or getting out aggression
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Mongoose wrote:I played the Mad Max game on PS4. It's good or getting out aggression
That's what Super Smash Bros. is for me. The Wii U version never gets old. :D
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

I'm still all about Melee.

Iron Snout on Steam is a fun way to relieve stress, I jsut listen to some ridiculously heavy metal and play for a while.
Serge
The Mark

Post by Serge »

I played a bit of the first Infamous and got to 100% for the Neon District. The game feels really clunky but there are moments where I go "whoa" when there's a ton of action. Flashy game, I like it.
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 19

Post by Vompatti »

In this moment I am Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth.
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 28

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

Just finished "Batman Arkham Knight" it was a great game. I also play "The Witcher 3" . After playing it I see why it won game of the year. I was hooked almost instantly.
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
Serge
The Mark

Post by Serge »

I bought a Wii Sensor months after the last one broke and I played a level off Kirby's Epic Yarn. This game is pure magic.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Anyone else play Pokken Tournament? It's a refreshingly fun fighter game, and despite my love for Pokemon Stadium way back when, fulfills a childhood desire to actually be able to control a pokemon in a live match, rather than watching them exchange RPG-esque blows back and forth.

Definitely recommended by this sock for any pokemon and/or fighting game fan.
Serge
The Mark

Post by Serge »

Dark Souls III. So far, it's good.
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Anyone else play Pokken Tournament? It's a refreshingly fun fighter game, and despite my love for Pokemon Stadium way back when, fulfills a childhood desire to actually be able to control a pokemon in a live match, rather than watching them exchange RPG-esque blows back and forth.

Definitely recommended by this sock for any pokemon and/or fighting game fan.
I wanna play it but I don't have a Wii U yet. I've always wanted to have freestyle type fights like in the anime and have always been a bit disappointed in the card game and video games because of that.

I've been playing Link's Awakening DX on my 3DS. It is fun so far but it is so bizarre seeing shy guys in a Zelda game.
Echo
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Echo »

Vompatti wrote:In this moment I am Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth.
This was 5/5 for mood, 3/5 for gameplay and 1/5 for having to install an unofficial patch to get past the final sequence.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Ornette Coleman wrote:
This was 5/5 for mood, 3/5 for gameplay and 1/5 for having to install an unofficial patch to get past the final sequence.
Uhh return to your status of dead k
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

Ricochet wrote:
Ornette Coleman wrote:
Uhh return to your status of dead k
k :rip:
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

And also maybe add the winner's banner to your signature or something...? :grin:
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

Ricochet wrote:And also maybe add the winner's banner to your signature or something...? :grin:
link plz

also my sock should now be clean :mafia:

Image Image Image
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

Vompatti wrote:
Ricochet wrote:And also maybe add the winner's banner to your signature or something...? :grin:
link plz

also my sock should now be clean :mafia:
I seriously doubt that!

Return to “Apollo Square”