Omertà Mafia [Day 6]

Who made Turnip Head's sacrifice pointless?

Poll ended at Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:13 pm

DharmaHelper
No votes
fingersplints
27%
Golden
No votes
Hedgeowl
36%
MetalMarsh89
No votes
Neverwhere
No votes
TinyBubbles
No votes
Bob Hope (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
36%

Total votes: 11
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 9
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Re: Omertà Mafia [Day 1]

Post by Long Con »

I understand the disparity between our two views now, Missing Person. You have reading comprehension issues. :) I'm sorry, I didn't realize. I'll explain what I said before, and I'll use a minimum of subtext and tongue-in-cheek phraseology.

I did not commend Golden as towny for being helpful. I said "How do you lynch someone who is being so goshdarned helpful? That Golden sure knows how to pack everything but the cheese omelette into his post." What you are supposed to be able to read in that is a level of slight sarcasm and loosely-veiled accusatory tone. I thought the 'goshdarned' would be a giveaway, slightly patronizing.

I certainly did not condemn DH for being "too helpful". I can forgive the misread of my Golden part because I understand that some people don't get subtlety, but this one looks like a much more intentional misread of what I said. It's pretty clear that I think DH is bullshitting for some time or cred by saying he has some "ideas on how to catch Mafia" in this game, without actually saying any more. If that were true, then the Mafia would be smart to kill him before he gives his big ideas... so that would make it not smart of him to tell everyone that he's got those big ideas. But he did. He did because he's not afraid of being nightkilled. And there's only 3 players in the game that don't have to fear a nightkill.

WTF is "Mafia in-thread communications"? Are you assuming the Mafia doesn't have BTSC, Missing Person? :confused: I've never seen that accusation before.

... and this site does have Multiquote capabilities. When Replying, simply click "Quote" from the Topic Review below, and that post will slam on up into your reply within Quote tags. Not the most ideal multiquote, but it's better than nothing.

Roxy, what's up with YOUR answer to Llama? Your monosyllabic response has a "walking on eggshells" feel. Get that scary question out of the way and hope you did it right so that Llama doesn't choose you was the baddie that answered him with a lie!

Llama, if that's your conclusion then I'm not going to put any stock into your "Are you bad?" question anymore. Not due to saltiness, but because you don't actually know how to analyze responses properly.
Hedgeowl wrote:
ika wrote:if you must know i think that longcon is the neutral.
Longcon are you neutral? :ponder:
I am neutral with regard to answering that question in a game role manner. I neither confirm nor deny my neutrality.
Missing Person
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Missing Person »

Golden wrote:You know what Missing Person? Nope.

Listen to those who know me. You want to contribute to scum reads, your best place to start is to listen. I got lynched in Economics because newbies wanted me to give a read on every single player and others latched on to it. They claimed I was observing the game, but not being part of it. Newsflash: it's not the way I play. I'm not giving someone a town read or a mafia read when I have no opinion at all. I don't play these dumb games of gut reads, they are completely meaningless. You think I couldn't game that system if I was bad? Anyone could. I've never seen anyone reliably catch mafia that way.

Right now, I have no read on 90% of players. I've given you my read. I think Rico and Hedge could be teamies, and I think Hedge used her vote as a pre-emptive strike. I solve the game my way, no-one elses. And if you don't like that this makes me civ, I'll say again, go read day one of economics. I don't have anything to prove to you, you have something to prove to everyone else. If you aren't willing to listen to those who know me best, and if you aren't willing to do the time to see if this correlates with my civilian game when you don't know the first thing about me, then it is YOU who isn't trying to solve this thing. Do you want to take on board the references I've made? Want to fact check? Nah, you still just want to say I'm not contributing. Get real. I've given my genuine reads, which is more than what well over half of the people in this game have done.

Your count doesn't need to be right, because I'm POSTING THE NUMBER OF POSTS EVERY TIME and I posted big green x's in my last post, so whats all this with 'if my count is right'?

If I get lynched today on the back of people who don't me and think they are all that, well the worst that can happen is exactly what happened in economics. People learn to know me better. If it stops you reading me as scum next time, all the better. In the mean time, I'll say it again. Listen to those who know me. Because if you think that long list gives you any sense of my alignment one way or the other, you are only fooling yourself.

It's incredibly tiresome for me to have to fight the same argument about my play style every game. It's not hard. Go read economics mafia. If you aren't willing to do the time, don't claim it's my mafia game. End of story.

I'd honestly vote Missing Person, except I think Rico is the best bet. I just honestly can't be bothered with this kind of attitude, like I need to play someone else's game to be civ. Like I have something to prove to someone who doesn't know me on day one. What a daft concept.

Grrr... I have to vote before I go to bed. I won't be around at 3am for end of poll. I'd probably vote in self defence again, but obviously that won't be happening....

Ps TH, I would have said you should have self voted. Revenge and all of that.

I'll vote Missing Person. Consider it a warning vote. If I die, you will see I am civ and know for our future battles - I am not taking any prisoners. If someone wants to force me to play their way, I do not believe they have my best interests at heart.

I still think Rico/Hedge could be good bets, though, but Missing Person's idea that I should need to play his way to prove I'm civ is much more pingworthy for me.

Done.

You play your way, I play mine. I play off general tendencies until I pick up on patterns I see. The way that wall looked was just as filler to look productive.

As far as reading another game just to see if this townclears you to me, not gonna. Simply put, I know myself, and I know I could look through games you have played to cherry pick a case against you. I'd rather not, I'll take the risk of getting lynched for not going through TS history rather than risk pushing a mislynch on a civ if you are.

As far as reads are concerned, I'm listening. Part of the reason I pushed you in the first place was to see who would come to your defense in this thread and how it would sound. I got what I wanted there. I also wanted to see how you'd react here.

That said, I'm not placing you in a civ lean still, but much prefer a LC lynch here, for reasons I've already established.
Long Con wrote:I understand the disparity between our two views now, Missing Person. You have reading comprehension issues. :) I'm sorry, I didn't realize. I'll explain what I said before, and I'll use a minimum of subtext and tongue-in-cheek phraseology.
Oh snap, my first putdown on this site. I'm actually pretty aroused by this.
Long Con wrote:I did not commend Golden as towny for being helpful. I said "How do you lynch someone who is being so goshdarned helpful? That Golden sure knows how to pack everything but the cheese omelette into his post." What you are supposed to be able to read in that is a level of slight sarcasm and loosely-veiled accusatory tone. I thought the 'goshdarned' would be a giveaway, slightly patronizing.
Not knowing how you play against a group you are comfortable with? Face value.
Long Con wrote:I can forgive the misread of my Golden part because I understand that some people don't get subtlety,
Oh but I do. Just not in a new environment.
Long Con wrote: but this one looks like a much more intentional misread of what I said. It's pretty clear that I think DH is bullshitting for some time or cred by saying he has some "ideas on how to catch Mafia" in this game, without actually saying any more. If that were true, then the Mafia would be smart to kill him before he gives his big ideas... so that would make it not smart of him to tell everyone that he's got those big ideas. But he did. He did because he's not afraid of being nightkilled. And there's only 3 players in the game that don't have to fear a nightkill.
+Insightful
Long Con wrote:WTF is "Mafia in-thread communications"? Are you assuming the Mafia doesn't have BTSC, Missing Person? :confused: I've never seen that accusation before.
Mafia hiding out in the open, essentially. It's been done before as the "So obvious it's too obvious" play.
Long Con wrote:... and this site does have Multiquote capabilities. When Replying, simply click "Quote" from the Topic Review below, and that post will slam on up into your reply within Quote tags. Not the most ideal multiquote, but it's better than nothing.
+A Double Insightful!
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 13

Post by Elohcin »

Golden wrote:
Lastly, I'm just going to say this because it's true. I fully intend to pack as much as I can into every single post I make in this game. That's the only way for me to feel as though my four posts have been worthwhile.
I think this is the point of the game. Make your posts meaningful. Keeping the thread free from the flood of posts people like to make even after they have voted just to make it difficult for those of us who haven't voted to keep up.
Turnip Head wrote:Nobody's here.
It was 2am when you posted this :p I was alseep. I was having a nightmare actually that our family was playing a game in the kitchen nd we heard the front door open. I said to Epi, "Someone just came in the door." He went into the living room and said, "How may I help you?" and was instantly shot. Then the intruder took the rest of our family hostage. SO, if either Epi nor I come on the syndicate for a period of around eight hours. Call the police. There are at least a few mods that have our address :haha: Yeah, but seriously. I was very scared in my dream. :srsnod:

That said, I can see your case on DH as having validity. and I am not sure I want to vote MM for his crazies b/c I know that is his norm. I think Rico or Ika would be good too. Rico I stated before for lack of meaty posts and I could vote Ika for the same reason.

In reaction to Hedge's take on Golden, I disagree. I think Golden seems civ. And I would hate to see him lynched so early again as a civ.

I don't see the case on LC. As of right now, i am thinking civ on him and I don't see the waffling that Missing Person pointed out about him.

@ llama - can you tell me why you think LC is bad? I know he has a way of tricking me :p so if I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 18

Post by thellama73 »

All right, Long Con's last post was awesome and it makes me not want to lynch him, so I am placing my vote for Rico now. I have a meeting at ten and another at eleven, so I look forward to the results when I get back. Golden is not bad though.

Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 17

Post by fingersplints »

Roxy wrote:Ricochet - I was looking forward to playing with you and you seem to be playing around with this game. Why waste posts in a game where you only get 4 of them?
He isn't the only one wasting posts though:
I think at this point I am suspicious of anyone wasting posts. With only 4 posts allowed (without vote penalty)it doesn't seem in the towns best interest to throw them away.

I also don't find MM almost trying to go over the count helpful, but I don't know that it makes me suspicious. I just don't understand his motivation. It doesnt seem like it would be beneficial from a civvie or mafia perspective.
Long Con wrote:Missing Person has the right idea, my fingersplints thread-vote was pure saltiness because she rolechecked me and then murdered me in the Jesus Toast game we were both in. Fortunately, she overplayed her hand at that point and my Mafia cohorts dismembered her painfully. :feb: Her countervote on me comes as no surprise.
I don't think that is fair to say at this point as the game is not over and either side can still win. Helping your fellow civvies win isn't an overplayed hand IMO. :shrug2: but I'm not going to say anything else on this subject til that game is over. :srsnod:

I think this is Golden civvie game. I would say he seems like he is overreacting a bit considering he only has one vote, but I've seen him lynched for less many many times.
Gro-oo-ovy
Neverwhere
The Mark
Posts in topic: 16

Post by Neverwhere »

Ok, so, rereading all of these posts I think I might vote for Ricochet. I'm really not getting much of a feel for mst of the people suggested already. I don't know if this is blind guessing on other players parts or if you all know each other better and have a good read on each other.

Rico seems to have wasted posts on being unhelpful and saying absoloutely nothing with what he has posted. Agree with the member who said (I'm so sorry cant remember the name!!) it could be a double bluff to make people think "mafia would never play that way".
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 49
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Ricochet wrote::tunes:
I can see this sentiment echoed, and just have to ask: why such a simple post, especially after already posting a simple post?
MovingPictures07 wrote:Yay game! I expected to have to more catch up on... but I guess I shouldn't have. Lol.

Golden, nice meta list. I appreciate the shout-out, but I absolutely hate that emotional outbursts have become my 'thing' lately. I have every intention to ensure that will no longer be the case. I also echo that I don't agree with MM's decision, even though I can understand the logic.

MM, why do you suspect me for not posting yet when I haven't been the only one? I've been busy trying to catch up on PhD stuff because I blew my whole weekend playing Economics (no regrets).

I really don't know what I will do with my vote and I anticipate this lynch will probably be very random.
Hi MovingPictures07. I suspected your lack of posting because you are a bigger post whore than I am, and I'm a pretty big one. Also, you explained your reason for it, so it is water under the proverbial bridge now.
MovingPictures07 wrote:Also, MM, I lol'ed over "Rainbow Sock Mode". :haha:

I guess this is my 2nd post.
With as precious as each post is (to some people), why did you take two posts to comment on my strategy post, even though the second of these posts was pretty much off-topic? In your first post, you disagreed with it (in an echo of Golden) while commenting that you understood the logic behind it. But then you made sure to comment on the "Rainbow Sockman" portion of it next. My belief is that you didn't even read my strategy to begin with, but that you were just agreeing with Golden because he is Golden. I suspect you for this.
MovingPictures07 wrote:Oops, duly noted, DH. I totally forgot that asking questions will lose a lot of purpose here, I didn't even think of that while I asked it.

ika, why do you think that? (you don't have to answer in a separate post, I suppose)

This game is insanely restrictive to me; I can't handle it. I'll just post this one more time I guess and will have to post all of my reads and make my final vote with my last post.
Lol that you apologize for asking questions, then immediately ask another one. :haha:

Elohcin wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Posting again because I feel the need to.

Four is not a limit persay. If I get lynched in a landslide today, nothing is to stop me from flipping to Rainbow Sock Mode and vomitting all over this thread.

And of course, if there is a landslide lynch on one player, that will give every other player another 5-10 posts they can make during the day without being lynched. In fact, I will volunteer myself for the lynch if anyone wants to try to get a little more volume out of their Day 1. This will let me post as much as I want, and let everyone else get some extra mileage out of their Day 1 before Day 2 starts.

Prelude vote set to Metalmarsh89.

Post #4.
Wah wah wah wah wah wah wah wah. You sound like Chrlie Brown's teacher in this post.
thellama73 wrote:Same question to every player: are you bad?
I am not bad.

I agree that Rico's posts are the least fruitful. I would be okay voting him or MM at this point. MM b/c his posts are off the wall. I'm having a hard time taking him seriously and that screams mafia to me.

I disagree that we cannot ask questions to one another or as one another to elaborate. We may just have to wait a little bit for the answers as the responding player will most likely not answer until he/she has other things to say and will just add their response to that post.

What does everyone else think of MM and Rico at this point?

That's okay, I don't understand you either. :suspish:

But at least we can kind-of agree on who we want to vote for.
Epignosis wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Epignosis, does any player have a special power or ability that is not listed in the original post?
Just one: Being a little turd who posts more than he is supposed to.

I'll let you work out who has that ability.
Just you wait. One of these days, I'll become a great big doodie.
Hedgeowl wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Golden wrote:I really encourage those who haven't posted yet to start posting. I don't know what inspired me to do this - perhaps all the meta talk in economics mafia, perhaps it's just because with only 4 posts I have some psychotic need to feel like each one has a genuine purpose. But I thought I'd post a brief synopsis of how well I know each player and my perceptions of how loud or quiet they are when they have no posting restrictions. I'll grade my perception of their posting habits in 5 groups - low, low/moderate, moderate, moderate/high, and high. Also giving some idea of how well I feel I've got to grips with their style.
I think this idea in general is a good one, and hopefully some people will come in and post similarly. It doesn't even have to be meta, it could be something as simple as a brief observation this game. I would not be surprised if some players are waiting to post after they see some other players post so they can have something to talk about, and I think that is unfair to the rest of the players to use that strategy. I could see the thread being steered by the late posters. I am getting my thoughts into the thread early, because I think it's bad to allow for late action to happen like that, because it is easily and often orchestrated by the baddies.
This is my favorite thing I have read so far! So are you suggesting we all post at the same time, to avoid people waiting to post based on what other people say? (What I am doing right now apparently!) ;) It looks like maybe you just mean we shouldn't all wait to post at the end and let baddies control the vote towards the end, but I imagine, there will be more votes without an explanation post in this game due to us all running out of posts.
In an ideal world, it would work, but I understand it is not perfect. :grin: Most people have jobs, and kids, or possibly even a drug addiction.

+++++++++++
Golden wrote:I will be flabbergasted if I end up getting railroaded on day one in two consecutive games for more or less exactly the same thing. STOP VOTING ME FOR BEING ME, PEOPLE! I thought this game might be a nice break from the last game where people said I was posting a lot but basically only writing fluff and not really engaging with people. In a game when we got four posts per game, I'm going to damn well make sure that every single one of them provides content, even if other people like to think that content doesn't matter.
I commended you! And I wasn't even the only one to use that word. :noble:
Golden wrote:I've never understood this argument 'x is providing a whole lot of content, but I don't personally find the content useful, therefore I think x is bad.' It doesn't make sense. If you don't even think the content is useful, how the heck, then, would I get any civilian cred for posting it????? It's a line that gets trailed out over and over, and civilians keep getting lynched based on it. But what would the baddie reason be for me to do it? It just doesn't make sense~
I would have to agree, and would like to point the same thing out to Elohcin (go ahead and vote for me though).
Golden wrote:A justification for how my posts are less useful than Rico's??? REALLY? Sockman said something in Economics about how he is afraid to get paranoid and make imaginary mafia teams in his head. I have no fear - in fact, keeping a clear 'theory of the game' in mind that fits with my suspicions is my MO. I'm much more likely to vote for someone if I think I can see who their team might be. Take my certainty on Aces in Roger Rabbit for example - how much more convinced was I when I had a theory of exactly how things were going down (a correct theory in that case, I might add).
That's the strategy I often use.

Addendum: I think Golden is civilian.

+++++++++++
Turnip Head wrote:Wow I was not expecting to come home to such a busy thread. TL;DR. Y'all post too much tbh.

Golden, you get one post to tell me who you think I should vote for! :grin:
:suspish:

I can't tell if you are actually joking or not, but I now suspect you for spending three posts without actually responding to anything, but just doing your own thing.

+++++++++++
Neverwhere wrote:For what its worth, I think Golden seems civvie. It all looks like the usual Golden Waffle to me :D

I just had to speed read through an entire page of posts and I don't know most people here yet, so I think I'll need to give it another read through to get some ideas and get a grips wth people. So far LC is sticking out to me, but that may just be because he was mentioned a few times.

Also, as an aside my internet is completely on the fritz at the moment. It's not working 85% of the time. If I go really quiet or fail to vote it's not on purpose, I just can't access site. If this becomes a problem, I understand.
I do think he is civilian, but I don't think he is waffling at all. :grin:
Golden wrote:You know what Missing Person? Nope.

Listen to those who know me. You want to contribute to scum reads, your best place to start is to listen. I got lynched in Economics because newbies wanted me to give a read on every single player and others latched on to it. They claimed I was observing the game, but not being part of it. Newsflash: it's not the way I play. I'm not giving someone a town read or a mafia read when I have no opinion at all. I don't play these dumb games of gut reads, they are completely meaningless. You think I couldn't game that system if I was bad? Anyone could. I've never seen anyone reliably catch mafia that way.

Right now, I have no read on 90% of players. I've given you my read. I think Rico and Hedge could be teamies, and I think Hedge used her vote as a pre-emptive strike. I solve the game my way, no-one elses. And if you don't like that this makes me civ, I'll say again, go read day one of economics. I don't have anything to prove to you, you have something to prove to everyone else. If you aren't willing to listen to those who know me best, and if you aren't willing to do the time to see if this correlates with my civilian game when you don't know the first thing about me, then it is YOU who isn't trying to solve this thing. Do you want to take on board the references I've made? Want to fact check? Nah, you still just want to say I'm not contributing. Get real. I've given my genuine reads, which is more than what well over half of the people in this game have done.

Your count doesn't need to be right, because I'm POSTING THE NUMBER OF POSTS EVERY TIME and I posted big green x's in my last post, so whats all this with 'if my count is right'?

If I get lynched today on the back of people who don't me and think they are all that, well the worst that can happen is exactly what happened in economics. People learn to know me better. If it stops you reading me as scum next time, all the better. In the mean time, I'll say it again. Listen to those who know me. Because if you think that long list gives you any sense of my alignment one way or the other, you are only fooling yourself.

It's incredibly tiresome for me to have to fight the same argument about my play style every game. It's not hard. Go read economics mafia. If you aren't willing to do the time, don't claim it's my mafia game. End of story.

I'd honestly vote Missing Person, except I think Rico is the best bet. I just honestly can't be bothered with this kind of attitude, like I need to play someone else's game to be civ. Like I have something to prove to someone who doesn't know me on day one. What a daft concept.

Grrr... I have to vote before I go to bed. I won't be around at 3am for end of poll. I'd probably vote in self defence again, but obviously that won't be happening....

Ps TH, I would have said you should have self voted. Revenge and all of that.

I'll vote Missing Person. Consider it a warning vote. If I die, you will see I am civ and know for our future battles - I am not taking any prisoners. If someone wants to force me to play their way, I do not believe they have my best interests at heart.

I still think Rico/Hedge could be good bets, though, but Missing Person's idea that I should need to play his way to prove I'm civ is much more pingworthy for me.

Done.

Whoa! :huh:

I still think Golden is civilian. Still, I would lynch him on Day 1 for the second game in a row for the lulz. :hug:

+++++++++++
Roxy wrote:Metalnewtboy - you have 4 posts no more why would you (in what seemed) purposely post over that amount and give yourself a vote? Something about doing that twitches my nose and it makes me want to vote you.

So far I could vote for MM, LC or Ricochet.
Do it! Vote for me! It will be fun! :fiesta:
thellama73 wrote:Stop voting for Golden, you guys. He is not bad. I want to vote for Rico, because I think his determined unhelpfulness is a double bluff (no baddie would play like that!) but I am not above a Golden save if necessary. Long Con is probably bad, so not a terrible choice there.

I don't disagree about Long Con. I dunno about Ricochet, but the lack of content is the reason for that.

I proxy my vote to you for Day 2 if I'm still alive.

+++++++++++
Missing Person wrote:You play your way, I play mine. I play off general tendencies until I pick up on patterns I see. The way that wall looked was just as filler to look productive.
Since you only get "4" posts, why would you not cram everything you can into one post? I think accusing players of doing so in this game won't hold any water.
Missing Person wrote:As far as reading another game just to see if this townclears you to me, not gonna. Simply put, I know myself, and I know I could look through games you have played to cherry pick a case against you. I'd rather not, I'll take the risk of getting lynched for not going through TS history rather than risk pushing a mislynch on a civ if you are.
So you'd rather lynch yourself then risk lynching Golden? :confused:

+++++++++++
fingersplints wrote:I also don't find MM almost trying to go over the count helpful, but I don't know that it makes me suspicious. I just don't understand his motivation. It doesnt seem like it would be beneficial from a civvie or mafia perspective.
Sorry. I get crazy ideas and do whatever I want with them.

I've offered myself up for lynch already. I find it more strange that people would rather suspect me and ignore that fact, than just agree with me and give me your votes. :eek:

+++++++++++

That said, my top two suspcions are Turnip Head and MovingPictures07. In a game that will not have a high post amount, I find it most suspicious to not read the thread, and to not respond. If I am in a position to save myself, I will likely cast a self-preservation vote. Otherwise, I would rather lynch one of these two players, and Turnip Head would get my vote.

Prelude vote set to Turnip Head

And a special note that DREAM has not yet posted.

+++++++++++

Current vote totals.

DharmaHelper (1)
Turnip Head (4)

Golden (1)
Hedgeowl (3)

Hedgeowl (1)
TinyBubbles (9)

Long Con (2)
ika (2), Missing Person (6)

Missing Person (1)
Golden (7)

Ricochet (1)
thellama73 (10)

+++++++++++

Daily Post Checklist.

A green X indicates remaining posts. A red number indicates how many votes a person has accrued for going over the post limit.
DharmaHelperX
DREAM XXXX
Elohcin X
fingersplints X
Golden 0
Hedgeowl XX
ika XX
Long Con 0
MetalMarsh89 2
Missing Person 0
MovingPictures07 X
Neverwhere XX
Ricochet X
Roxy XXX
thellama73 0
TinyBubbles XXX
Turnip Head X

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Well, it's time for me to vote. I look forward to seeing the results after tumbling class :) I am voting Rico.
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Ricochet »

Elohcin wrote:
That said, I can see your case on DH as having validity
???

:eye:
Elochin wrote:I think Rico or Ika would be good too. Rico I stated before for lack of meaty posts and I could vote Ika for the same reason.
Omelette aux saucisses?
MetalMarsh89 wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:Wow I was not expecting to come home to such a busy thread. TL;DR. Y'all post too much tbh.

Golden, you get one post to tell me who you think I should vote for! :grin:
:suspish:

I can't tell if you are actually joking or not, but I now suspect you for spending three posts without actually responding to anything, but just doing your own thing.
:srsnod:

Turnip Head: ✘
MetalMarsh89 wrote:Current vote totals.
thellama73 (10)
:noble:

1. Turnip Head
2. ika
3. MM

Turnip Head
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 3
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

LC - what else was I supposed to say. it is a simple question that requires a simple answer not a monologue.

I am voting ricochet.
;)
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Woah! Almost missed the vote. Busy at the moment so I don't have more time than a real quick post.

MM, I'm not used to this post format just yet, I'm not sure how to respond to your suspicion. I posted like that because I did?

I voted for LC because I did not like his use of the putdown to other MP, I have the worst vibes from him at the moment (but that's not much given the low volume of posts), and I wanted to see what would happen if I brought him closer to a tie with Rico. :feb:
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 40

Post by DharmaHelper »

I just woke up, literally. I voted for Eloh. Her comment about TH's "Case" on me made no sense and reeked.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I voted Ricochet so I could have another post and because I was torn between him and Long Con, but didn't feel great about either of them.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 32

Post by Epignosis »

Who is the first to leave the old folks home?

Poll ended at Tue May 26, 2015 11:04 am

DharmaHelper
Turnip Head (4), Long Con (15)
11%

DREAM
No votes

Elohcin
DharmaHelper (17)
6%

fingersplints
No votes

Golden
Hedgeowl (3)
6%

Hedgeowl
TinyBubbles (9)
6%

ika
No votes

Long Con
ika (2), Missing Person (6), MovingPictures07 (16)
17%

MetalMarsh89
No votes

Missing Person
Golden (7)
6%

MovingPictures07
No votes

Neverwhere
No votes

Ricochet
thellama73 (10), Neverwhere (11), Elohcin (12), Roxy (14), Metalmarsh89 (18)
28%

Roxy
No votes

thellama73
No votes

TinyBubbles
No votes

Turnip Head
Ricochet (13)
6%

George Carlin (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
Epignosis (1), Heiots (5), S~V~S (8)
17%

Total votes : 18
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Omelette au lyncher.

Ricochet knows you have to break a few eggs.

Ricochet has been lynched. He was Carlton Adams.

Night ends when I have both the kill and the check.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Roxy was playing a game in the kitchen and they heard the front door open. Someone said to her, "Someone just came in the door." She went into the living room and said, "How many I help you?" and was instantly shot. Then the intruder took the rest of the family hostage.

This was not a dream.

Roxy has been killed. It is Day 2. You have 24 hours to lynch someone.
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 10

Re: Omertà Mafia [Day 2]

Post by Ricochet »

:yay:

Shhhhh
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

@LC - Firstly, I was put off by the rudeness of your post here: http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 40#p145811

Having known you for some time I can get your sarcasm/jokes/ribbing, but Missing Person and some of these other players are playing with you for the first time, I expect? Maybe I’m reading too deeply into it, but you really fired back at Missing Person there, and I’m not sure it was called for.
As for your comments about me, I’ll forgive your obvious oversight, because you are historically bad at catching mafia compared to me*, but if I *TOLD* the mafia what I was looking for in order to catch them, they wouldn’t fucking do it would they, big guy? Am I worried about being NKed? No more so than I would be in any other game. I’m NKed more than lynched by a wide margin. I’m not going to let fear of being NKed affect my strategy though, and you should know that.

Other Thoughts:
To clarify my Eloh vote, since I was rushed and had just woken up: I found her post to be suspicious because she said she thought TH’s case on me had merit, when TH hadn’t built anything close to resembling a case. He’d just voted for me. Her saying that TH’s case on me had merit smelled like a cookie-cutter baddie type of post to me, and I wanted to put her on notice. I’ll be watching how Eloh chooses to post today for certain.
Not to beat a dead horse or anything, but I really do not get the heat being thrown at Golden. His last couple of posts read to me as genuine frustration as well, which was on one hand funny when considering his comments regarding MP’s emotional outbursts, but also an early indicator of actual frustration, which I can totally get. I think we’ve got much better things to worry about than Golden.

RIP Roxy and Rico, btw.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 3
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

;)
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Ricochet wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
???

This was stated right before he was lynched. Then right after the lynch, DH piggybacks by saying this.
DharmaHelper wrote:
Other Thoughts:
To clarify my Eloh vote, since I was rushed and had just woken up: I found her post to be suspicious because she said she thought TH’s case on me had merit, when TH hadn’t built anything close to resembling a case. He’d just voted for me.
I don't think he actually had a reason to vote me and he stole this later to justify his vote. :eye: :eye: :eye:

Anyway...looking back at TH's posts, I clearly made a mistake about who made the case on DH. I do remember reading one though :p.

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Elohcin wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
???

This was stated right before he was lynched. Then right after the lynch, DH piggybacks by saying this.
DharmaHelper wrote:
Other Thoughts:
To clarify my Eloh vote, since I was rushed and had just woken up: I found her post to be suspicious because she said she thought TH’s case on me had merit, when TH hadn’t built anything close to resembling a case. He’d just voted for me.
I don't think he actually had a reason to vote me and he stole this later to justify his vote. :eye: :eye: :eye:

Anyway...looking back at TH's posts, I clearly made a mistake about who made the case on DH. I do remember reading one though :p.

I justified my vote for you IN MY VOTE POST.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Well, cheese and crackers. I had this post started in one tab and posted what I was working on in another tab without putting them together. I guess this is post 2 :P

I think it's very frustrating that Rico was civ. I mean, why come into a game and act like that and be lynched. Help out your team, man! Others who have not been contributing/helpful (Ika is who comes to my mind right off the bat), if you are civ, please be helpful with your posts and act like you care so we don't have another mislynch.

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

DharmaHelper wrote:@LC - Firstly, I was put off by the rudeness of your post here: http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 40#p145811

Having known you for some time I can get your sarcasm/jokes/ribbing, but Missing Person and some of these other players are playing with you for the first time, I expect? Maybe I’m reading too deeply into it, but you really fired back at Missing Person there, and I’m not sure it was called for.
First of all, I'm currently playing 90's Kids Mafia on Jesus Toast Mafia, hosted by Missing Person himself. He is a very involved host, and I now currently reside in the Dead Players' Area, where Missing Person is a high poster. I was and am pretty sure that MP could handle a little barb, and, well, I thought he handled it quite well:
Missing Person wrote:Oh snap, my first putdown on this site. I'm actually pretty aroused by this.
I LOL'ed. :srsnod:

And anyways, it wasn't even an insult. It was simply an analysis of the situation. Missing Person read my post and believed I had said that I was voting for DH for being too helpful. There are two reasons I can think of for that to happen: a) he read my post and didn't comprehend what I had said (aka a "reading comprehension issue"), or b) he understood what I meant just fine, and was trying to twist my words to make it look like I was flip-flopping. If he wants to let me know that it was Option B then I'll take back what I said, but I doubt he would admit to doing that. So... Option A, no insult, just an analysis of the situation. :shrug: You're being too sensitive, DH. :srsnod: If it's rude to say that, then I claim an equal level of offence at being called a "flip-flopper". I do not respect flip-flopping, and it upsets me slightly to be accused of such a thing, especially when it's not even true.

And furthermore, I smiled when I said it. :) Like that. It's like a signal that says "This is friendly". If I was trying to be a dick, I would have used :rolleyes: maybe.
As for your comments about me, I’ll forgive your obvious oversight, because you are historically bad at catching mafia compared to me*, but if I *TOLD* the mafia what I was looking for in order to catch them, they wouldn’t fucking do it would they, big guy? Am I worried about being NKed? No more so than I would be in any other game. I’m NKed more than lynched by a wide margin. I’m not going to let fear of being NKed affect my strategy though, and you should know that.
First of all, don't tell me what I "should know". It just makes me more suspicious of you. You don't know how I read you, how I analyze you, and how I remember your post play in games. You know how YOU do these things, but the things I know, remember, and analyze are not going to be the same as you. And I didn't accuse you having a fear of being nightkilled, I accused you of saying something that could make you a target to the Mafia without saying much else.

So you have a plan. Something up your sleeve. "A few ideas and strategies in order to try and catch mafia".
DharmaHelper wrote:An interesting game conceptually and one that will play counter to my usual strengths. I think that early-game will be particularly difficult, given that there will be very little evidence to go on (even less than a usual early-game.) I have a few ideas and strategies in order to try and catch mafia, so we'll see how that plays out. For now, I'll be carefully watching to see who is posting the least valuable information and go from there.
Your last sentence is almost ironic, given that this entire post really says nothing valuable.

So, what is it about Omertà Mafia that gave you not only one, but *a few* new strategies to try and catch Mafia? It's a pretty basic game, with the one big difference... talking about 4 posts per page, of course. So, I'm really interested how this setup has given you this number of ideas.

I'll lay it out because talk ain't cheap here. You are being dishonest about the ideas you say you have. It's a Mafia ploy. And that's terrible.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Missing Person wrote:
Long Con wrote: but this one looks like a much more intentional misread of what I said. It's pretty clear that I think DH is bullshitting for some time or cred by saying he has some "ideas on how to catch Mafia" in this game, without actually saying any more. If that were true, then the Mafia would be smart to kill him before he gives his big ideas... so that would make it not smart of him to tell everyone that he's got those big ideas. But he did. He did because he's not afraid of being nightkilled. And there's only 3 players in the game that don't have to fear a nightkill.
+Insightful
Long Con wrote:... and this site does have Multiquote capabilities. When Replying, simply click "Quote" from the Topic Review below, and that post will slam on up into your reply within Quote tags. Not the most ideal multiquote, but it's better than nothing.
+A Double Insightful!
Missing Person, could you explain what +Insightful means? I'm not familiar with that.

I take it that it was accusatory. Is it shorthand that is meant to identify when Mafia add insight to the thread to try and seem Civ? :shrug:
Long Con wrote:WTF is "Mafia in-thread communications"? Are you assuming the Mafia doesn't have BTSC, Missing Person? :confused: I've never seen that accusation before.
Mafia hiding out in the open, essentially. It's been done before as the "So obvious it's too obvious" play.
[/quote]
Indeed, a time-honoured tradition for the bold and evil. I'm not doing that though; I am a Civilian.
Last edited by Epignosis on Tue May 26, 2015 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Corrected formatting by request.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Hey all! So while it was nice to have a couple of days off completely this past weekend, I really probably goofed, and especially since my new class started today, I find myself ridiculously swamped.

Consequently, I'm going to up all night working on PhD work. I don't want to feel pressured to come back in here in the morning, and I see that ika has voted for LC silently, again, which is really strange. Thus, even though I have suspected LC myself, I'm throwing a vote on ika. Maybe it'll get him to come in here and be productive.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I voted for Turnip Head because he is currently the most suspicious to me.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Long Con, buddy. Who are you thinking today? Your recent posts have me reading you as civ, and I'm worried your head is on the chopping block today. Let's work together, old friend. I suspect baddies are hiding among the quiet, myself.

Also, I forgot to mention before, this made me LOL like crazy.
Golden wrote: MovingPictures07 - played a reasonable amount with this MP. High poster. Looking forward to seeing if he can pull off an emotional outburst in four posts :D think I have a pretty good understanding of this MPs style and a decent read on him.

Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Long Con wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:@LC - Firstly, I was put off by the rudeness of your post here: http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 40#p145811

First of all, I'm currently playing 90's Kids Mafia on Jesus Toast Mafia, hosted by Missing Person himself. He is a very involved host, and I now currently reside in the Dead Players' Area, where Missing Person is a high poster. I was and am pretty sure that MP could handle a little barb, and, well, I thought he handled it quite well:
Missing Person wrote:Oh snap, my first putdown on this site. I'm actually pretty aroused by this.
I LOL'ed. :srsnod:

And anyways, it wasn't even an insult. It was simply an analysis of the situation. Missing Person read my post and believed I had said that I was voting for DH for being too helpful. There are two reasons I can think of for that to happen: a) he read my post and didn't comprehend what I had said (aka a "reading comprehension issue"), or b) he understood what I meant just fine, and was trying to twist my words to make it look like I was flip-flopping. If he wants to let me know that it was Option B then I'll take back what I said, but I doubt he would admit to doing that. So... Option A, no insult, just an analysis of the situation. :shrug: You're being too sensitive, DH. :srsnod: If it's rude to say that, then I claim an equal level of offence at being called a "flip-flopper". I do not respect flip-flopping, and it upsets me slightly to be accused of such a thing, especially when it's not even true.

And furthermore, I smiled when I said it. :) Like that. It's like a signal that says "This is friendly". If I was trying to be a dick, I would have used :rolleyes: maybe.
First of all, don't tell me what I "should know". It just makes me more suspicious of you. You don't know how I read you, how I analyze you, and how I remember your post play in games. You know how YOU do these things, but the things I know, remember, and analyze are not going to be the same as you. And I didn't accuse you having a fear of being nightkilled, I accused you of saying something that could make you a target to the Mafia without saying much else.

So you have a plan. Something up your sleeve. "A few ideas and strategies in order to try and catch mafia".
DharmaHelper wrote:An interesting game conceptually and one that will play counter to my usual strengths. I think that early-game will be particularly difficult, given that there will be very little evidence to go on (even less than a usual early-game.) I have a few ideas and strategies in order to try and catch mafia, so we'll see how that plays out. For now, I'll be carefully watching to see who is posting the least valuable information and go from there.
Your last sentence is almost ironic, given that this entire post really says nothing valuable.

So, what is it about Omertà Mafia that gave you not only one, but *a few* new strategies to try and catch Mafia? It's a pretty basic game, with the one big difference... talking about 4 posts per page, of course. So, I'm really interested how this setup has given you this number of ideas.

I'll lay it out because talk ain't cheap here. You are being dishonest about the ideas you say you have. It's a Mafia ploy. And that's terrible.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Missing Person wrote:
+Insightful
+A Double Insightful!
Missing Person, could you explain what +Insightful means? I'm not familiar with that.

I take it that it was accusatory. Is it shorthand that is meant to identify when Mafia add insight to the thread to try and seem Civ? :shrug:
Indeed, a time-honoured tradition for the bold and evil. I'm not doing that though; I am a Civilian.[/quote]

:meany: Your explanation of the M. Person thing satisfies my curiosity. I didn't think you'd intentionally shit on somebody, but the post did come off differently without context than it does now that you've cleared some things up.

Also, when I said "you should know that," I meant "this is something you should keep in mind moving forward." Meaning, don't expect me to act timidly or hold back just because I might get nightkilled. A more complete and probably less confusing way to have phrased that would have been "That's something you should know/keep in mind moving forward."

Wrapping up, LC, I think this 4-Post mechanic actually makes for some really helpful ways to look for/sniff out mafia. Players who target those who are nearing the end of their 4-post limit, or bait others into meeting/exceeding their limit and getting penalty votes, for example. I'm not sure how you can in one breath condemn me for assuming anything about your thought process, and slam my thought process about finding baddies using the novelty of this game's set up. :huh:

Also, the baddies will be spending a significant amount of time in BTSC, chatting it up while the rest of us are locked out of the dang thread for a whole phase. I'm interested to see if this increase in interaction spills into the thread. These are just some of the ideas I had, thinking about the ways to flush out mafia using the mechanic of the 4-Post limit.

Anyway, you wanted to know, and you called me dishonest (which Epi did ad nauseam during Death Note, which really hit me in the gut for some reason), so now you know. :beer:

I realize this is my third post, but today was surprisingly scarce on content anyway, so my last post tomorrow will have to suffice in order to explain my suspicions and thoughts on the day, once everything has had time to develop and more people check in.

ImageImage
ImageImage
ika
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 4

Post by ika »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Hey all! So while it was nice to have a couple of days off completely this past weekend, I really probably goofed, and especially since my new class started today, I find myself ridiculously swamped.

Consequently, I'm going to up all night working on PhD work. I don't want to feel pressured to come back in here in the morning, and I see that ika has voted for LC silently, again, which is really strange. Thus, even though I have suspected LC myself, I'm throwing a vote on ika. Maybe it'll get him to come in here and be productive.
Nope, it will just have drunk ika come in stating he drunk atm but feel free to talk to me about something that i dont care about
Missing Person

Post by Missing Person »

I refuse to surpass 4 votes a phase as a personal challenge to me and to not penalize myself. I will be posting walls pretty much with every post I make, and any questions that are asked after I hit 4 posts will not be answered until next day. Anyone wanting to push a lynch on me for not answering questions after I've hit 4 posts should be looked at with a great deal of suspicion.

Golden moves down to at least null to me given a lot of clears/hard clears from people based on tone. Doesn't mean I fully trust him, BUT that many people having his back stands to tell me I'm probably barking up the wrong tree there. I'd stand to reason someone in the people parroting "No, it's just Golden being Golden, you're wrong," is scum, but it'll take me some time to piece things together out of that group.

Three scumhunts I see in Roxy's post:
Roxy wrote:Ricochet - I was looking forward to playing with you and you seem to be playing around with this game. Why waste posts in a game where you only get 4 of them?

Metalnewtboy - you have 4 posts no more why would you (in what seemed) purposely post over that amount and give yourself a vote? Something about doing that twitches my nose and it makes me want to vote you.

LC - whats up with your answer to llama - it was also something else that twitched my nose.
LC seems to match up with me, and I still don't like LC here. Why not kill me over Roxy if LC is mafia? Roxy is more subtle in her pushes, plus I have dirt piling up on me a la LC/Golden/People clearing Golden.

Why kill Roxy over me if LC is town? Hoping that I tunnel on LC because of this, probably? I tend to set up a strong town voice no matter what, so if they think I'm going to lead town astray, it's beneficial to leave me in.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Since you only get "4" posts, why would you not cram everything you can into one post? I think accusing players of doing so in this game won't hold any water.
You're putting words into my mouth. I never said that cramming what they can into one post is bad. Posting something contrived that doesn't really doesn't hold benefit looks bad. Simple as that.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:So you'd rather lynch yourself then risk lynching Golden? :confused:
Again, either putting words into my mouth or misconstruing what I said.

No, I will not be self-voting at any time. What I said was I will not be going back to ISO Golden in other games due to my proclivity to cherry pick data to make someone look like scum, and if it gets me mislynched because I'm not putting in wrench time, that is more beneficial than me cherry picking data to scumread Golden for a mislynch.

I seriously don't know how you could misconstrue that.

Ika is still wallflowering, and I find it scummy, I'd say one of the two unproductive voices is mafia at this point, and the other unproductive voice got mislynched, so I'm left with Ika = scum.

Him voting LC with me make me either like Ika more or like LC more, but I'm still weighing that out. If I'm right that Ika is scum, it makes me like LC more and Turnip Head less.
Long Con wrote:Missing Person, could you explain what +Insightful means? I'm not familiar with that.

A JTM tongue-in-cheek way of "reacting to posts" in areas where can't react. Started out in mafia chats/loser's lounges on SRK, where we did it all through PM and had no reaction buttons. Happens now with Tapatalk users/mafia/lover's chats there.
Long Con wrote:Indeed, a time-honoured tradition for the bold and evil. I'm not doing that though; I am a Civilian.
We'll see, won't we.

I admittedly like you better with this post and Ika voting you. I'm thinking of voting Ika here. Still not the least bit helpful, and I think it's scummy.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 34

Post by Golden »

Here we go! Day 2! And dare I say it, but because of how much I'm trying to do in each post, the 4 post limit now feels daunting, like 'how can I possibly make 4 posts in a day!!!' kind of daunting. Which I find hilarious. I feel like I needed a full 24 hour night just to get a break from this game.

Lets start with llama. Llama used three out of four posts yesterday to exclaim I was not bad.
thellama73 wrote:
Golden wrote:
No. What did you expect me to say?
You would think it would be obvious, but you are the only one who has answered the question, and believe it or not, I have caught baddies with this question before. You will not get my vote today, Golden, old friend.
thellama73 wrote:Stop voting for Golden, you guys. He is not bad. I want to vote for Rico, because I think his determined unhelpfulness is a double bluff (no baddie would play like that!) but I am not above a Golden save if necessary. Long Con is probably bad, so not a terrible choice there.

thellama73 wrote:All right, Long Con's last post was awesome and it makes me not want to lynch him, so I am placing my vote for Rico now. I have a meeting at ten and another at eleven, so I look forward to the results when I get back. Golden is not bad though.

Llama is giving me a cuddle. It's warm and a nice thing for him to do in these cold winter months. It's also slightly disturbing and I'm not sure what to make of it.

~~~~~~~~~~

RIP Roxy and Rico. I feel a little sorry for Rico. At the time I voted, I thought his posts were useless. The last two were actually genuine contributions, though, and they changed my view on him (easy to say now lol).

~~~~~~~~~~

Tinybubbles post made my ears prick up...
TinyBubbles wrote:Hi all, nice list Golden, and welcome Neverwhere :) this short game sounds like an interesting challenge, being limited to 4 posts a piece probably won't affect me much since I don't post much anyway, but I'd guess it'd be a bit of a stranglehold for the likes of Golden and Movingpictures :p

And I'm a good guy of course. Just once I would love to play the villain though maybe its for the best, as even in fallout 3 I couldn't bring myself to nuke tenpenny tower

Anyway I'm uncertain who to vote for. Slightly tempted to vote Neverwhere cause she was such a convincing baddie in the last game, but probably better to let her post first to get a feel for her likely role.

In her absence and because I dont know if ill be around to vote later, I'm casting my vote now for Hedge owl , for voting for golden. Golden has been a good guy both games I've played, so I'm taking a gamble that he is again. Sorry hedgeowl I know it's not much of a reason.
There were two things in here that caught my eye. The first was the 'just once I would like to play the villain' which is a card that's interesting to play when her role in economics is unknown. We can't talk about ongoing aspects of economics in this thread, though. I'm not trying to make any comment on her potential alignment in economics either. It's just that when she has only played three games, it is an interesting ploy to use to suggest she has never been a villain when we can only know her alignment in one of the three games. (Also tb - the numbers game means mafia will be rarer than civ, but if you genuinely haven't been bad yet it will come around eventually).

The second thing that caught my eye was her choice of describing thinking of me as a good guy as 'a gamble' rather than as her thinking I am reading the same way as in the other two games or that I feel similar. Interesting. I'm not sure what to make of TB from this post, but I definitely now have my eye on her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ika has also flown up my suspicion list. He is actually less productive than rico. If only he added a cheese omelette to the mix. No need to pull quotes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Missing Person wrote:You play your way, I play mine. I play off general tendencies until I pick up on patterns I see. The way that wall looked was just as filler to look productive.

As far as reading another game just to see if this townclears you to me, not gonna. Simply put, I know myself, and I know I could look through games you have played to cherry pick a case against you. I'd rather not, I'll take the risk of getting lynched for not going through TS history rather than risk pushing a mislynch on a civ if you are.

As far as reads are concerned, I'm listening. Part of the reason I pushed you in the first place was to see who would come to your defense in this thread and how it would sound. I got what I wanted there. I also wanted to see how you'd react here.

That said, I'm not placing you in a civ lean still, but much prefer a LC lynch here, for reasons I've already established.
I actually feel a little better about Missing Person for this post, although I still suspect he could be bad. I was expecting from his previous post that he would try to link me and LC and use my 'wall' and my description of my knowledge of LC to do it.

I still tend to think, though, that my 'filler' may have contributed to Missing Person linking me to LC, despite him wanting to claim the thing was useless. (Which is funny. Cos personally, I think that catching something going down like that is EXACTLY why that post is not useless.)

Missing Person could still get my vote today, but at least his approach back to me gives me some pause.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MP is actually studying for his PhD instead of playing mafia? That is suspicious right there :haha:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My strongest consideration for a vote right now is Turnip Head. I'm not sure what is up with him. But certainly his posts yesterday did not contribute, and I actively disagree that DH looks bad. Besides that, I think TH's behaviour in this game is off-meta if he is civilian. No, really, I mean that!

No seriously, I actually do think that. This isn't just an economics reference.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 36
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Who else is thinking about voting for Turnip Head? :)
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Tumbleweeds on parade
:sigh:
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Turnip Head wrote:Tumbleweeds on parade
:sigh:
Make your own noise, dude. You've got 4 posts, make them count!

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Make your own noise, dude. You've got 4 posts, make them count!
Good idea.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Long Con wrote:And furthermore, I smiled when I said it. :) Like that. It's like a signal that says "This is friendly". If I was trying to be a dick, I would have used :rolleyes: maybe.
Thank you for the handy dandy guide as to whether or not you are trying to be a dick. I'll remember!

For what it's worth, I'm reading most of the higher posters as looking pretty good right now. I don't see much wrong with LC, I already noted I was feeling reasonably ok about DH. None of them have done anything that I think is worth a vote yet. I still am not sure about Missing Person, but

Since no one else has done it, here is today's first green x post:

DharmaHelperX
DREAM XXXX
Elohcin XX
fingersplints XXXX
Golden XX
Hedgeowl XXXX
ika XXX
Long Con XXX
MetalMarsh89 XX
Missing Person XXX
MovingPictures07 XXX
Neverwhere XXXX
thellama73 XXX
TinyBubbles XXXX
Turnip Head X

Right now that means a lot of people are leaving a lot of posts on the table. Has Dream posted at all? I hope to hear more from Hedgeowl, Neverwhere, and Tinybubbles today. I feel like our civilian advantage could slip exceptionally quickly in this game, and I am worried that silence is a great place for baddies to hide in a game that is potentially so short. Can anyone give me an idea as to hedge's natural game? As of right now, though, I'm still intending to use my own vote to vote someone who is using most of his posts without posting anything at all, and thats TH.

Because they are all the rage, I'll do a little rainbow thingy. This isn't about how civ or bad I'm reading people. It's more about how much quality content is being contributed to the thread by them. I'm ranking people by how much I currently perceive they are bringing to the thread. Top is adding least value (quality and quantity considered), bottom is adding most.

Ika
TH
Dream
Neverwhere
Hedgeowl
MP/sock
llama
Tinybubbles
splints
Elo
MM
Missing Person
LC
DH

Yes, that's right, currently I think the person who I don't think has posted in the game at all is adding more value than ika and TH. Although at least TH gave us a nice picture of tumbleweed, so maybe I should take that back.

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

DharmaHelper wrote:As for your comments about me, I’ll forgive your obvious oversight, because you are historically bad at catching mafia compared to me*...
:suspish: I couldn't find where this asterisk was leading. Perhaps you'd like to clarify.

You backed off pretty quick, very understanding of you. Maybe it's an attempt to placate me, stop me from coming after you.

Interesting plan, but I don't suspect you for lack of plan. You could have thought of that plan after I accused you, I have no way of knowing. My original judgment - that you were just trying to seed cred for yourself by mentioning a plan - still stands. And you're my most likely vote today. I know that kind of stubbornness must be frustrating, but I'd just rather be stubborn and wrong, than to back down when I was right. :shrug: I'm sure you understand.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Long Con wrote:This Day 1 is probably going to end up with Rico lynched for being anti-helpful; I don't think it is a wise strategy to use in this game. Assuming he wants to live, I would say the strategy is to say nothing that could be construed as specifically suspicious, and hope that people will jump on someone else's post that contains content they don't like.
Called it. It was pretty predictable. :srsnod: And now TH and ika are being short-post anti-helpful in the same way. Obviously they are aware of what just transpired with Rico, so what is their line of thinking?

As Civvies, does this style of play get them closer to a win? The thread is already rife with anti-fluff sentiment; wasting posts is not highly regarded. What reasons would a Civvie have to go ahead with that style anyway?

As baddies, the same logic applies. The strategy could be that we regret judging Rico for his style and we leave them alone, the way paved by Rico's sacrifice. I'm just not reading that direction in the thread right now. It just doesn't make sense to me either way I look at it.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Llama's buddy-maneuver seems to be the next phase in a series of attempts to saturate my read of him by always making it personal - as in he's either vocally supportive of me, or vocally accusatory. It does make it hard to read him, and when that happens, I tend to decide he's bad. He's a baddie trying to buddy up. What else am I supposed to think? That he's the Detective, and checked me Night 1? I feel somewhat sure that he would play a Detective role a little less audaciously. So some suspicion of Llama on my part.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Hmm, two posts to use, and the night will end before I wake up in New Zealand - frustrating because I'm sure there will be more actual contributions before all is said and done but maybe not many more before I have to vote. So this third post isn't going to be overly useful.

Long Con, llama has also been specifically mentioning you as well as me, and both since day one, so trying to make out like it is something to do with the detective doesn't wash as a theory. Any other insight you (or anyone) can add to that particular type of approach from llama?

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Well, no-one has posted any more and I'm out of time.

Voting Turnip Head.
Neverwhere
The Mark

Post by Neverwhere »

Sorry for not posting more. I have a 5 year old and so I'm in and out of the house with her all day. I'll try and do better!

RIP Roxy and Rico!

I am not so sure what to think about TurnipHead. A lot of people seem to be voting for him in this lynch, but I am hesitant to do so. I voted for Rico because of his dickish behaviour thinking it could be a hiding in plain site tactic and I was horribly wrong. I would be afraid to do the same to TurnipHead in case its a similar situation.

I'm still trying to get a read on all the new people to me.

Like Golden, I do find TinyBubbles comment about wishing she could be bad just once kind of odd. It seems like trying too hard.

I shall reread and think some more and post again later on.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Golden wrote:Hmm, two posts to use, and the night will end before I wake up in New Zealand - frustrating because I'm sure there will be more actual contributions before all is said and done but maybe not many more before I have to vote. So this third post isn't going to be overly useful.

Long Con, llama has also been specifically mentioning you as well as me, and both since day one, so trying to make out like it is something to do with the detective doesn't wash as a theory. Any other insight you (or anyone) can add to that particular type of approach from llama?

Long Con didn't answer my question. :grrr:

Since there is so little info from posts in this game, I am going gut reads. I am reading Golden and Long Con as civvie. I am not feeling very happy about Ika though. Not too happy with Tiny Bubbles. MP is probably okay. Roxy is dead, so it doesn't matter.

Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

ika wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
I'm throwing a vote on ika. Maybe it'll get him to come in here and be productive.
Nope, it will just have drunk ika come in stating he drunk atm but feel free to talk to me about something that i dont care about
Seriously?! I don't know about Ika. She is less helpful than Rico was. I can't decide if she is bad or just doesn't care. If you don't care to play, why sign up? Were you drink when you did? This is so frustrating.
Golden wrote:
Lets start with llama. Llama used three out of four posts yesterday to exclaim I was not bad.
thellama73 wrote:
Golden wrote:
No. What did you expect me to say?
You would think it would be obvious, but you are the only one who has answered the question, and believe it or not, I have caught baddies with this question before. You will not get my vote today, Golden, old friend.

thellama73 wrote:All right, Long Con's last post was awesome and it makes me not want to lynch him, so I am placing my vote for Rico now. I have a meeting at ten and another at eleven, so I look forward to the results when I get back. Golden is not bad though.

Llama is giving me a cuddle. It's warm and a nice thing for him to do in these cold winter months. It's also slightly disturbing and I'm not sure what to make of it.
I'm glad you brought up llama b/c I was going to bring this up this morning. I excepted more from llama in a game like this. He is not baddie hunting whatsoever imo.

I'm still eyeing DH, I have a gut feeling he is bad. I know gut feeling mean very little to many of you, but I can't shake it.

So, DH, Llama, and Ika are on my radar. But then I decided to look back at TH's posts b/c of Golden and I encourage all of you to click on this link:
http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/search ... 8&sr=posts

I am voting TH today. I don't know how he thinks he can get away with posts like this in such a quiet game.

Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Neverwhere wrote:Sorry for not posting more. I have a 5 year old and so I'm in and out of the house with her all day. I'll try and do better!
I understand being busy with kiddos. I have a 3,5,and 7 yr old that I homeschool. We are done with our school year right now so I am able to contribute a little more time to mafia. The older two are watching school house rock (multiplication practice) atm. I am trying to get my 7 yr old to have his multiplication tables memorized before next year. He is struggling with it as he HATES to write them. Next we will play a multiplication battleship game I made for him. I'm trying to make this more fun for him. THEN, I am off to making twelve batches of frosting for the wedding cake I have this week. So...I understand busy :) It would be nice to hear more form you though if you can find the time.

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Elohcin wrote: I'm glad you brought up llama b/c I was going to bring this up this morning. I excepted more from llama in a game like this. He is not baddie hunting whatsoever imo.
Yes I am. I'm baddie hunting like crazy. I straight up asked everyone if they were bad. What have you done? Oh that's right, you're out of posts. Such are the wages of your frivolity. I have one left, which I intend to use well.

fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 17

Post by fingersplints »

:rip: rico and Roxy. sorry I missed the vote. I probably would have voted rico for his unhelpfulness. :(
Elohcin wrote:I'm glad you brought up llama b/c I was going to bring this up this morning. I excepted more from llama in a game like this. He is not baddie hunting whatsoever imo.
I actually feel alright about llama. You only included his day 1 posts, but his day 2 posts seem actually a bit more helpful and on topic then most of llama's posts in other games. Could be he learned some lesson from the rico lynch though :shrug2:

I'm right there with you on TH though.
Turnip Head wrote:Who else is thinking about voting for Turnip Head? :)
Image :srsnod:

Gro-oo-ovy
Neverwhere
The Mark

Post by Neverwhere »

Elohcin wrote:
Neverwhere wrote:Sorry for not posting more. I have a 5 year old and so I'm in and out of the house with her all day. I'll try and do better!
I understand being busy with kiddos. I have a 3,5,and 7 yr old that I homeschool. We are done with our school year right now so I am able to contribute a little more time to mafia. The older two are watching school house rock (multiplication practice) atm. I am trying to get my 7 yr old to have his multiplication tables memorized before next year. He is struggling with it as he HATES to write them. Next we will play a multiplication battleship game I made for him. I'm trying to make this more fun for him. THEN, I am off to making twelve batches of frosting for the wedding cake I have this week. So...I understand busy :) It would be nice to hear more form you though if you can find the time.

Oh wow! You have all my respect! I don't know how you have time to pee let alone play mafia :D Our school year is winding down now, so I'm out half the day dropping off and collecting from school!
I shall try harder to use all four of my daily posts. :)

I went back to reread Ika's posts and understand why he's being brought up so much. No posting and doesn't seem to give two shits. It's does smell funny, but does it smell of mafia? Would mafia really go for a tactic like that? Definitely on my radar, but not sure it makes sense.

Still looking at Tiny Bubbles as well, but she hasn't posted much so it's hard to guess!

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Good morning everyone! This is my last post, so I will try and make it count. First off, I have several things I want to address. Here goes:

LC - Are you fucking with me?
I didn't accuse you having a fear of being nightkilled
That's word for word what you said. You asked me if I was worried about being killed for saying I had thought of strategies to catch mafia.
Very little evidence indeed. So, you've got some big ideas of how to catch Mafia, eh? But wait, what if the baddies kill you for saying that? Aren't you - :eye: - worried about that?
Interesting plan, but I don't suspect you for lack of plan. You could have thought of that plan after I accused you, I have no way of knowing. My original judgment - that you were just trying to seed cred for yourself by mentioning a plan - still stands. And you're my most likely vote today. I know that kind of stubbornness must be frustrating, but I'd just rather be stubborn and wrong, than to back down when I was right. :shrug: I'm sure you understand.
Ah I see. When I mentioned I had plans to catch mafia using the game's mechanics, you shat your pants and wanted to scare me into revealing those plans so you and your team could avoid doing the things I was watching out for? That's the only reason I can think of for you going from this:

To this:
Interesting plan, but I don't suspect you for lack of plan. You could have thought of that plan after I accused you, I have no way of knowing. My original judgment - that you were just trying to seed cred for yourself by mentioning a plan - still stands

You're wrong, I don't understand how you could possibly spew that nonsense with a straight face. I don't need to use the four-posts mechanic to catch this mafia, folks.

Also, the asterisk was supposed to lead to me explaining, in a snarky way, that I was joking about you being terrible at catching mafia. I had typed up the post when the thread was locked in order to post in the next day phase and waffled between putting in the disclaimer or not. I was joking, though.

----
Now for my next point of discussion: Eloh.

I'd bet money on Eloh being mafia.

Firstly, if I am right about LC, then this post makes more sense:
Elohcin wrote:I don't see the case on LC. As of right now, i am thinking civ on him and I don't see the waffling that Missing Person pointed out about him.

@ llama - can you tell me why you think LC is bad? I know he has a way of tricking me :p so if I'd like to hear your thoughts.
That reads to me as Eloh defending LC and then leaving the door open with the "oh but he could be tricking me" comment.

But perhaps the most damning thing about Eloh is this collection of posts:
I think it's very frustrating that Rico was civ. I mean, why come into a game and act like that and be lynched. Help out your team, man! Others who have not been contributing/helpful (Ika is who comes to my mind right off the bat), if you are civ, please be helpful with your posts and act like you care so we don't have another mislynch.

She implores those contributing less to...contribute more, which I agree with. She says that she is worried about the prospect of mislynching someone because they are not contributing. Makes a lot of sense, until you look at her other posts.
Elohcin wrote:So, DH, Llama, and Ika are on my radar. But then I decided to look back at TH's posts b/c of Golden and I encourage all of you to click on this link:
http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/search ... 8&sr=posts

I am voting TH today. I don't know how he thinks he can get away with posts like this in such a quiet game.
Eloh names 3, count 'em, 3 suspects before her vote on TH. Myself and Llama who have been contributing in different ways, and then Ika, a (sorry but its true) Non/low contributor. Further evidence that Eloh's suspicions and her votes are disingenuous. First she agreed with TH for a case he never made, and now she is voting for TH for not contributing EVEN THOUGH she expressed concern that lynching non-contributors would lead to continued mislynches as was the case with Rico. No me gusta. No me gusta MUCHO.

These are my two biggest pings, and my vote is likely to go to one of the two of them. If something fucky happens with the lynch and I have to vote for someone else I will explain myself after the night if I am able to, I guess.
-------------
DharmaHelper0
DREAM XXXX
Elohcin 0
fingersplints XXX
Golden 0
Hedgeowl XXXX
ika XXX
Long Con XX
MetalMarsh89 XX
Missing Person XXX
MovingPictures07 XXX
Neverwhere XX
thellama73 X
TinyBubbles XXXX
Turnip Head X

ImageImage
ImageImage
Missing Person

Post by Missing Person »

Golden wrote:I still tend to think, though, that my 'filler' may have contributed to Missing Person linking me to LC, despite him wanting to claim the thing was useless. (Which is funny. Cos personally, I think that catching something going down like that is EXACTLY why that post is not useless.)
I'm not seeing how this links you to LC, care to fill me in? It was more like, "I think one of you two are scum, I don't see a plausible scenario where both of you are." I think I said exactly that in perhaps my 3rd post of Day 1?

Anyway, I'm voting Ika. I H8H8H8H8H8 their play right now, and seeing a flip on Ika right now would definitely give me a better view on LC right now.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Last post of the day. My read on every living player.

Dharma Helper
Chatty, aggressive.
I'm always suspicious of secretive strategies and tricks to catch baddies. In my experience, people who say this are lying about it. If you really have such tools, why not keep quiet about them instead of hinting like this? It rubs me the wrong way.

More likely bad than not, but I'm not ready to vote for him.

DREAM
No posts. Unlikely to be bad.

Elohcin
Scattered, disorganized.

I think she reads very blendy, but then she always does to me. More likely bad than not.

Ol' Kentucky Splints
Quiet, but reasonable. Nothing really stands out. More likely to be good than bad.

Golden
I'd be shocked if he were bad. He has been helpful and he said he wasn't bad.

Hedgebaddie
Just look at her name! Obvs bad. Very few posts and said Ricochet was helpful, which he wasn't.

Ika
Only three posts, completely unhelpful. Leaning bad.

Long Con
He is suspicious of me for being nice to him, which makes me trust him. Baddie Long Con wouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth.

MetalMarsh89
Seems like normal MM to me. Leaving civ.

Missing Person
Long posts, apparent scum hunting. Lean civ.

MovingPictures07
Busy, disengaged. Hard to tell where he's coming from this game. Rreserving judgement.

Neverwhere
Complained about having too much to read in THIS game? :huh: Badsville.

thellama73
That guy's all right.

TinyBubbles
Only one post, lamenting never getting to be bad. Supabad.

Turnip Head
Much quieter than he usually is, even given the constraints of the game. Eyebrow raising.

Now, who to vote for? I think Ika. But maybe Turnip Head. I can't decide.

Neverwhere
The Mark

Post by Neverwhere »

thellama73 wrote:Last post of the day. My read on every living player.

Dharma Helper
Chatty, aggressive.
I'm always suspicious of secretive strategies and tricks to catch baddies. In my experience, people who say this are lying about it. If you really have such tools, why not keep quiet about them instead of hinting like this? It rubs me the wrong way.

More likely bad than not, but I'm not ready to vote for him.

DREAM
No posts. Unlikely to be bad.

Elohcin
Scattered, disorganized.

I think she reads very blendy, but then she always does to me. More likely bad than not.

Ol' Kentucky Splints
Quiet, but reasonable. Nothing really stands out. More likely to be good than bad.

Golden
I'd be shocked if he were bad. He has been helpful and he said he wasn't bad.

Hedgebaddie
Just look at her name! Obvs bad. Very few posts and said Ricochet was helpful, which he wasn't.

Ika
Only three posts, completely unhelpful. Leaning bad.

Long Con
He is suspicious of me for being nice to him, which makes me trust him. Baddie Long Con wouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth.

MetalMarsh89
Seems like normal MM to me. Leaving civ.

Missing Person
Long posts, apparent scum hunting. Lean civ.

MovingPictures07
Busy, disengaged. Hard to tell where he's coming from this game. Rreserving judgement.

Neverwhere
Complained about having too much to read in THIS game? :huh: Badsville.

thellama73
That guy's all right.

TinyBubbles
Only one post, lamenting never getting to be bad. Supabad.

Turnip Head
Much quieter than he usually is, even given the constraints of the game. Eyebrow raising.

Now, who to vote for? I think Ika. But maybe Turnip Head. I can't decide.

I wasn't going to comment only I felt like your synopsis of me was unfair. Please point out to me exactly where I complained about having too much to read? I apologised for not using more of my posts, I just havent had much time.

I mentioned numerous times I went back to REread. That wasn't a complaint that was just me trying to properly play this game. I don't know anyone bar a couple of players and on top of that I am finding the layout of this forum unfamiliar. Also, this game is actually a lot faster paced than the first game i played, believe it or not. D:

I'm struggling to keep all your names in my head :)

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Llama, you asked who I was looking at today. In my last post, I said I was suspicious of both you and DH. I thought that would answer your question sufficiently, even though I didn't say "Llama, to answer your question..." And your Civ read of me doesn't change my read of you, because it's something you would say as a baddie. Right? :srsnod:

DH, the suspicion of you is simple, you can cross-examine every post I made about it to try and find discrepancies to discredit it, but it's all about this: You said you had a baddie-catching plan, and I think that's a suspicious thing to say. It displays a nonchalance about the nightkill that I attribute to you being in control of the nightkill. Feel free to underline any sections you like, it's not going to change the simple suspicion that I'm pretty sure everyone fully understands.

Also, nice No U. :srsnod:

Things could get busy for me in the next little while, so I'm going to vote for DH. I predict a TH lynch, given the climate of the thread right now, and the numerous people who suspect him may just be right. I feel better about a TH lynch than I did about the Rico lynch. But best about a DH lynch.

*votes DH*

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”