Favorite BTSC buddies

Kick back and relax at The Lounge, where you can discuss any other matter related to mafia games or The Syndicate. Mafia game strategists, look no further!

Moderator: Community Team

Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 1

Favorite BTSC buddies

Post by Matt »

I'm wanting to know...

Who are your most legendary BTSC pals?

It can be anything. From simple "just the good talk in the thread" to extravagant "These peeps are masterminds!!", who topsies your BTSC list?

I'm going to go with a top three, but feel free to name a top one or whatever...

1) Gotta go with my first game ever. Beatles by DFARADAY (REPRESENT!). I don't remember everyone who was bad with us that game but I know these two for sure...Spacedaisy (GREAT MAFIA PLAYER and wife of the site admin, MovingPics), and BULLZEYE (m'man BULLZ what up!)

We had mucho gusto fun in btsc. I was able to understand the game itself by good peeps, and it was all around one of the funnest times ever ever. I did indeed mean to say "ever" twice. :biggrin:

Six years later, I have no idea what was said or what was planned, but I do remember SpaceDaisy and Bullzeye are to thank for me absolutely LOVING this game and why I continue to play. If you don't like me, you can blame them. :meany:

Quote from SpaceDaisy after game...
SpaceDaisy wrote:Also, I just want to say that Mr F was NOT being coached. because he pretty much did everything I would NEVER coach anyone to do. He played this game his way and I say props to him for making such a massive slip Day 1 and yet STILL living as long as he did AND taking out a couple civs in the process. And to be honest, I didn't feel like he was being incredibly rude. When some people started yelling about it I had to go back and look and then I came up with like one thing I thought was over the line and pointed it out to him and explained why. You have to understand he was constantly worried he was being a dick, but he wasn't trying to be, he was just playing aggressively. And he never did intend any personal insult to anyone. I wanted so bad to defend his intentions there. I think he really received a lot of backlash because of some overly charged games (including the start of this one) full of drama.

I was really proud of my team and had a blast with them.

Thats all I have to say about that.
Lol. Per the underlined, that is true to this day. If you ever perceive me being a dick, I guarantee you I've already thought about a million times over that I might be currently being one, but that is not my intention, I'm just trying to figure out the game LOL.

Anyway, great team great fun. I put Daisy and Bullz high up on a pedestal because of this game and I love them for it fo sho.

NEXT

I don't remember the game. Nor who hosted. I think it was hosted by Kylemmi. My Little Pony perhaps?

All I know is this. Dex (not Indiglo's Dex, the other one) was an indy baddie who had a recruit power. I went after him like white on rice in this game. He recruited me thereafter because I was making such a big fuss LOL. Him, reywas, and I dominated the game thereafter and it was fun as I can remember fun. We had great btsc times, and I think at the very end, we shorted bea who was trying her damndest to win it for town, but we prevailed. Damn I wish I could remember the game, perhaps My Little Pony by Kylemmi? I don't remember. But good times.

NEXT and LAST BUT NOT LEAST most certainly not least

GoC 2015. Even if we didn't win, OMG most craziest time I've ever had in btsc. First, it was started by me, DrWigglesworth, MacDougal, and Bass. Bass was pretty much gone tho, he didn't play LOL. Replaced by Motel room. Anyway Dr Wiggles and MacD are probably the greatest BTSC partners I've ever had, because I literally felt that I could do or say anything in the thread and it would be okay because they were there. Haha I've never felt such freedom as a baddie in a game. Their constant nonsense in thread was a joy to behold, especially the LEGENDARY four way TIE that will never be forgotten hahaha. Shit I loved that game.

Anyway, gimme the details, fave btsc in a game, give a shout out!!!
Image Image Image Image
G-Man
Made Man

Re: Favorite BTSC buddies

Post by G-Man »

Man, I don't even remember all the BTSC I've had over the years but I've rarely had BTSC as I've seldom been on a baddie team or had civvie BTSC. I avoided my BTSC a fair amount in BoB just to help avoid leaving breadcrumbs to my teammates after I subbed in for TGG. That leaves only two lengthy BTSC experiences for me:

-Golden, before he was the Coward ;) , in Biblical Mafia. Our BTSC chat was supposed to be for our sock accounts but he slipped somewhere along the line (he didn't find out who I was until after the game ended). Even without knowing his real identity, we had a blast. We worked so well together in theorizing and breaking down the game to help each other understand things. We also were able to enjoy each other's mission to ham up the thread with LOT and ASS jokes (he was Lot and I was Balaam).

-S~V~S in Battlestar Galactica. We were a baddie duo for 3/4 of the game, so we had to depend on each other. We've known each other for a while from forums long since gone, so we had a rapport from the start that only deepened as the game went on. We each made decisions that tested our trust for the other but we made it work and we made it fun. Neither of us thought our chances were great from the start but we didn't mope about it. We kept it light, which made all the difference.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Spoiler: show
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

There are probably too many to list...

Blindfaeth, my first ever BTSC partner and one of my all time great mafia friends
SVS and fingersplints... I've had btsc with each several times now and it's always fun
timmer, bea, juliets... did we have someone else too? Rabbit's legendary serial killer flag hunt. That btsc was brief, but man it was fun.
G-Man, not only fun but probably the most effective town btsc I've had too, in Biblical.
Sorsha... I didn't really know Sorsha before a World Reborn but I had lots of fun in that btsc, even though it turned out she was bad. Hey, but then it turned out I ended up on her team, these things all work out in the end.
Diiny... had heaps of fun in one of the RYM games
Matahari, Flyin High, rabbit and Heiots - in our great Superman mafia 'win with everyone alive' heist. I miss those guys!
Long Con, in one of my very early games, RM mafia, we made crazy hairbrained schemes and LC taught me just how fun mafia can be when you play hard as a baddie. I guess that was my first mafia btsc.

I know I'm missing some out because I've had some other really fun btscs too.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 3

Post by S~V~S »

Oh wow. This is something to think about.

My favorite games were all about the BTS, and in almost all of them there was a Dutchie around.

So #1, Dutchies.
Favorite game of all time, SOT at TP, civ BTS team of Bea, Typh & (I remember her real name not her Mafia name, Patricia)
Second Favorite also a Rabbit game, LOST Revolution, BTS with Typh, Reywas & Bullzeye amongst others.
Third Roxys Survivor at RM, I was bad so I had BTS with my tribeas well as my team,and I bonded more with my tribe. Tranq, Juliets.
Also, Jurassic Park at Lostpedia, that was Tranq and a few LP people who don;t play anymore. We had a lot of fun.

I have to think about games here. Although the latest Recruitment (dutchies! MM! ), a World Reborn (more Dutchies! More MM! Juliets!) & BSG spring right to mind~ G Man was way fun; as he said odds of us winning were slim, but who cares! It was fun trying :D

So many BTS partners, so much fun :)
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

OMG, Indiglo! So "plot-y". Golden too. My first BTS team was also great, years ago on LP, it was me, LC, Scocub, Comfy, Typh & Jason Maher. I learned so much about being bad that game.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I've only ever had BTSC with Epignosis and Sorsha in Zodiac Mafia as baddies (which was also my first game here) and it everything was just on another level.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 2

Post by timmer »

I have had many wonderful BTSC teams. Often, sadly, they've had to prop me up while I've been an absentee player.

The flaghunt was legendary.

But the most memorable was when I had BTSC with.... I think it was Chris? And he got the notion in his head that our baddie team, which was... the two of us... had a mole? He started threatening to NK me in the game, IN THE BTSC chatroom! It was like "I swear, if you are a mole, I will submit a NK with your name on it!" etc.

That was messed up.
My siggie.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I don't knowthat "Favorite" would apply to that,lol.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

I don't know, I think back on it kind of fondly, lol? It was like watching someone's head explode right before your eyes, lol.
My siggie.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Golden wrote:There are probably too many to list...

Blindfaeth, my first ever BTSC partner and one of my all time great mafia friends
SVS and fingersplints... I've had btsc with each several times now and it's always fun
timmer, bea, juliets... did we have someone else too? Rabbit's legendary serial killer flag hunt. That btsc was brief, but man it was fun.
G-Man, not only fun but probably the most effective town btsc I've had too, in Biblical.
Sorsha... I didn't really know Sorsha before a World Reborn but I had lots of fun in that btsc, even though it turned out she was bad. Hey, but then it turned out I ended up on her team, these things all work out in the end.
Matahari, Flyin High, rabbit and Heiots - in our great Superman mafia 'win with everyone alive' heist. I miss those guys!
Long Con, in one of my very early games, RM mafia, we made crazy hairbrained schemes and LC taught me just how fun mafia can be when you play hard as a baddie. I guess that was my first mafia btsc.

I will never, ever, ever, ever forget that flag hunt. It was a holiday weekend and we were spending it indoors - all four of us - looking for that damn flag that wasn't there while rabbit was having fun in Lake Tahoe. What a great bonding experience that was!
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

timmer wrote:I have had many wonderful BTSC teams. Often, sadly, they've had to prop me up while I've been an absentee player.

But the most memorable was when I had BTSC with.... I think it was Chris? And he got the notion in his head that our baddie team, which was... the two of us... had a mole? He started threatening to NK me in the game, IN THE BTSC chatroom! It was like "I swear, if you are a mole, I will submit a NK with your name on it!" etc.

That was messed up.
Was that a recruitment game? Started out as a much bigger baddie team with me, and aapje, and nutella, and Kate and on and on and at the end only you and Chris were the only ones left. That was such a fun bts before we all got killed and left you with Chris. Or maybe recruitment was just another game where you were with Chris at the end.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
rabbit8
Undergoing sensitivity training

Post by rabbit8 »

juliets wrote:

I will never, ever, ever, ever forget that flag hunt. It was a holiday weekend and we were spending it indoors - all four of us - looking for that damn flag that wasn't there while rabbit was having fun in Lake Tahoe. What a great bonding experience that was!
:grin:

My favorite was the first Carnival game I hosted where I gave players BTSC with me and set up all the baddie BTSC so I could bother them as well, lol. :grin:
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

I've barely ever gotten to be bad so I don't even remember having BTSC with anyone :(
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

My first ever mafia game was on LP and I had BTSC with living legends - Lorab, Long Con, Sawyer's Stash (I think?), SpaceDaisy (also her first game), and the true mafia legend himself, Diamond Dog.

We were a civvie BTSC group but we knew from the get-go that one of us was a mole working for the baddies. We still had a great time and most of us made it far into the game due to LoRab's efforts to connect us to the civvie trust network - that is until we wiped out all the baddies and we had to turn on each other to find the mole. Of course it was DD! I learned early to never trust that FEB :feb:
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)

Post by DharmaHelper »

timmer wrote:I have had many wonderful BTSC teams. Often, sadly, they've had to prop me up while I've been an absentee player.

That was messed up.
Back in the days of yore, during LittleTiger's Judge Judy game, ripzfx accused me of being the mole on our baddie team and actually kicked me out of BTSC. Ajira was actually a mole, and I don't like spy roles forever now.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

My favorite BTSC memory would have to be Lost mafia, hosted by LC and BR on Revolution. It was my second game ever, and I didn't get any type of BTSC till like day five when I got recruited to the mafia team, and the same night moved in the map square with 5 civs including S~V~S who killed someone with a rock because she didn't trust them. The whole time Dom, who was on my mafia team, was a few squares away killing people with a rifle who were with me making me look super bad.it was so much fun.
I would also consider WWE mafia to be a favorite because my mafia team was super boss. S~V~S, Mp, and someone else , I wanna say Boom something but I can't remember.
Favorite person to have BTSC with would be S~V~S , because she showed me the ropes.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
bea
Racketeer
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

rabbit8 wrote:
juliets wrote:

:grin:

My favorite was the first Carnival game I hosted where I gave players BTSC with me and set up all the baddie BTSC so I could bother them as well, :hug: lol. :grin:
OK - shock - my *most* favorite bts moments are somehow wabbit related. FTR, I keep his foot in my pocket. :p

I loved that first Carnival game. OMG I was so lost and basicly it boiled down to people on all sides letting me into the game "cuz we don't hate her and we agree on her" if I remember it correctly. More importantly, it taught me how much fun hosting BTS is. It's something I've taken and used more than once from our favo bunny.

I adored every single second of the SOT mafia. (@ svs-her online name was Trish. OMG we are dumb!) Even the heartbreak. I wouldn't trade the heartbreak for the world. :hug:

The fucking flags bonded me to JC, Golden and Timmer in the most unexplainable ways. I still don't think the *worst* part was knowing we did what we did during a holiday weekend (BDH spent it LHAO at me btw) - was knowing wabbit was off on holiday - it was learning later the flag he forgot was the Damn Dutchies. :rolleyes:

I echo svs - I've never had bad bts with a dutchie. And the more the merrier. Recruitment 3 for ever.
I've had amazing times with Sorsha, Elo, DP and Matt.
I've had fun times butting heads in hysterical drunken ways with Epi.
I've had great times distrusting civ bts with llama and LC.

I've had some amazing bad and indy bts with lorab. And Indy and FH.

But two mostly stick out to me as the most fun. My first time being bad with BDH - in wabbit's (see what I mean here? foot in my pocket) Caesar game and my BTS with Hamster/LostBadger/LB in the Lilo and Stich game.

LB was amazing. He was running every baddie play he could (hence his running around on a hamster wheel nickname) and we laughed SO HARD. All game long. It was one of my most favorite games because it was the absolute MOST least srrsbns game I've ever played. We lost (stupid plazmering gun) but I've never had so much fun loosing.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Wilgy all the way.
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
bea
Racketeer
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Wilgy would be fun!

I had a good time with you too zeebs. And learned things.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

bea wrote:Wilgy would be fun!

I had a good time with you too zeebs. And learned things.
Thanks! You're a much better baddie than you think you are. #CouldaFooledMe
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

I didn't like that you learned things though, my whole baddie games relies on people not understanding me at all. :haha:

Return to “The Lounge”